PDA

View Full Version : Tyrus Thomas doesn’t appreciate the cold-shoulder he feels from the national media

NBA_Starter
12-12-2011, 04:08 PM
Charlotte Bobcats forward Tyrus Thomas doesn’t appreciate the cold-shoulder he feels from the national media this preseason. That has him extra fired up to play basketball.

“My drive is because of the fact every other team is getting mentioned right now, whether it's their blockbuster trade or how good they’ll be,'' Thomas told the Observer Monday. "So I know we have to come in and work. My drive right now is to be mentioned. It just disgusts me when you watch ESPN, and out of the 30 teams you’re not mentioned.

“I think a lot of our guys have that chip on their shoulders. Just to show we’re in the league, too, you know?’’

http://blogs.charlotte.com/inside_the_nba/2011/12/bobcats-tyrus-thomas-on-feeling-ignored.html

bigsams50
12-12-2011, 05:33 PM
Maybe now he will start playing some good, consistent basketball. I hate that we gave up a 1st rounder for him though :mad:

GreatMustachio1
12-12-2011, 05:55 PM
Yeah it is pretty bad when you have a team in your own city that you are a fan of, and soon to be employee of and you forget they exist. Even with local media. That is how it is with me. I'm sure the bobcats never cross national media's minds. Not until we land a superstar through the draft. Like Cam with the Panthers. Maybe we can in the next draft.

homestarunner93
12-12-2011, 06:22 PM
Yeah it is pretty bad when you have a team in your own city that you are a fan of, and soon to be employee of and you forget they exist. Even with local media. That is how it is with me. I'm sure the bobcats never cross national media's minds. Not until we land a superstar through the draft. Like Cam with the Panthers. Maybe we can in the next draft.

The Panthers were on the national radar way before Cam. They won 12 games in 2008 and were in the Super Bowl in 2003 for chrissakes.

JDM
12-13-2011, 06:17 PM
Well then play better. It's simple.

bobcat fan
12-13-2011, 08:38 PM
this might give tyrus a big boost to be our main man...