PDA

View Full Version : CBSSports: Baron Davis Likely To Be Waived, End Up With Knicks

JordansBulls
12-12-2011, 03:22 PM
http://twitter.com/KBergCBS

While Baron Davis has left Cleveland to have his back examined, a source says it is likely that he is waived by the Cavaliers -- either via buyout or amnesty -- and that he ends up signing with the Knicks.

But Davis may not be available to play for a while due to a bad back.

iggypop123
12-12-2011, 03:24 PM
good deal if he isnt out of shape or injured. rumor has it he isnt in shape and hurt his back "sprinting". but if healthy man the knicks are scary. yeah i said it.

thekmp211
12-12-2011, 03:25 PM
yeah he could help if he's healthy and in shape. big if these days.

tmacmamba
12-12-2011, 03:32 PM
that would be a good move by the knicks, however if miami gets chauncey billups they should be considered the favorite to come out in the east.

CostanzaNumba0
12-12-2011, 03:34 PM

This

tcav701
12-12-2011, 03:35 PM
that would be a good move by the knicks, however if miami gets chauncey billups they should be considered the favorite to come out in the east.

The bobcats are gonna claim Billups.

He's gonna be pissed lol.

ChicagoRox
12-12-2011, 03:36 PM

I am pretty sure the Heat are the favored regardless. But Davis is a low risk high reward player at this time in his career.

5ass
12-12-2011, 03:39 PM
i like that move for NY

Juelz36
12-12-2011, 03:39 PM
This would be a good move if he's in shape and healthy!

kozelkid
12-12-2011, 03:41 PM
He can be an NBA fantasy gem, right there.

And if he gets in shape, he's a good enough distributor for that offense.

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-12-2011, 03:46 PM
The bobcats are gonna claim Billups.

He's gonna be pissed lol.

Bobcats were thinking about it, but now have said they will not pursue Billups. They don't want a disgruntled player on their roster.

Geargo Wallace
12-12-2011, 03:52 PM

I was gonna write this.

Pierzynski4Prez
12-12-2011, 03:56 PM
I love how writers say they know know where a player is going when he gets amnestied. Like they know what every other team in the league will or will not do.

CLO41
12-12-2011, 03:57 PM
Bobcats were thinking about it, but now have said they will not pursue Billups. They don't want a disgruntled player on their roster.

good move not picking up Billups. They have DJ Augustin and Kemba Walker.

lavilevi23
12-12-2011, 04:12 PM
It would be a great fit for the Knicks. I dont see any cap team claiming him as we saw Arenas was not claimed either. My hope is for the HEAT to get Billups though.
:pray:

unleashthebeast
12-12-2011, 04:17 PM
Yeah he would be a great pickup, my wonder is whether or not they would still run the "7 seconds or less" type of offense though. Melo and Baron are certainly better suited for the halfcourt game.

xxplayerxx23
12-12-2011, 04:23 PM
Like the move even half healthy he is better then bibby, Lowrisk high reward, He could really help this team, Hope we get him

seikou8
12-12-2011, 04:26 PM
anything is better than bibby

Punk
12-12-2011, 04:30 PM
I bet Minnesota would sign him just to spite us again. But I hope he gets healthy quickly, he'll do great in this system.

GiantsSwaGG
12-12-2011, 05:26 PM
Billups is done, I'd rather have Davis even though I think he's ball hog!

Raps18-19 Champ
12-12-2011, 05:28 PM
Could be decent if he doesn't chuck 3's.

J4KOP99
12-12-2011, 05:32 PM
Man, I used to love B Diddely...

Key word: "used" to

AI4MVP
12-12-2011, 05:33 PM
I dont get it. Knicks have Iman Shumpert, Mike Bibby, and Toney Douglas on the roster. Now theyre adding Baron Davis. Why isnt anyone talking **** about why the Knicks have so many point guards on the roster, but as soon as the Twolves have just three point guards on the roster, its the worst move in the world. :facepalm:

Teeboy1487
12-12-2011, 05:37 PM
Wow, if the Knicks land Baron and Crawford(have they yet?), watch out. I will go on record and say they are the 2nd best team in the East with these moves. Baron still has some game left I think. He has to stay healthy though.

Raps18-19 Champ
12-12-2011, 05:38 PM
I dont get it. Knicks have Iman Shumpert, Mike Bibby, and Toney Douglas on the roster. Now theyre adding Baron Davis. Why isnt anyone talking **** about why the Knicks have so many point guards on the roster, but as soon as the Twolves have just three point guards on the roster, its the worst move in the world. :facepalm:

The Wolves drafted back to back PG's. And still went to sign more. Not to mention they took 1 ****** PG too.

This is different since the PG's of the Knicks are basically to fill out hte roster since they don't have an established PG.

IAmARanger18
12-12-2011, 05:39 PM
Good move by the Knicks, Significant upgrade over Bibby.

AI4MVP
12-12-2011, 05:43 PM
The Wolves drafted back to back PG's. And still went to sign more. Not to mention they took 1 ****** PG too.

This is different since the PG's of the Knicks are basically to fill out hte roster since they don't have an established PG.

Your argument sucks. They drafted back to back point guards knowing that one of them wouldnt come for a couple of years. They traded the other one before the good one came over. "Since they dont have an established PG". Obviously by the way you describe him, the Wolves dont have an established point guard by your definition either.

HouRealCoach
12-12-2011, 05:51 PM
Hopefully the D'Antoni system can take him back to his GSW days

JuniorDRBX
12-12-2011, 05:53 PM
I actually like the idea of having a PG like Baron... He can definitely get an offense going with his overall skills, and plays at a very high level when healthy. I don't really agree with the Bibby signing although the "enamored coach D'antoni" is soo in love with his b-ball skills (along with Jared Jeffries as well)...

I hope the Knicks can get decent decent/very good play from Iman and Toney and possibly acquire Baron to contribute some suitable minutes (in order to preserve him over the year). WE SHALL SEE...................

lvlheaded
12-12-2011, 05:54 PM
Your argument sucks. They drafted back to back point guards knowing that one of them wouldnt come for a couple of years. They traded the other one before the good one came over. "Since they dont have an established PG". Obviously by the way you describe him, the Wolves dont have an established point guard by your definition either.

Iman Shumpert is more of a combo guard than a true PG, as is TD. Bibby is pretty much bench filler as far as I am concerned. BDiddy would probably become the second half of the Knicks PG duo, with Shumpert logging most of his minutes at SG, and Bibby logging most of his on the bench.

Meanwhile, Minnesota constantly seems to stockpile PGs. They already have Rubio and Ridenour and went out and got JJ for virtually no reason

Mr.Wiskers
12-12-2011, 05:56 PM
Billups could have a handshake agreement to come back to the Knicks once he clears waivers. And as far as Imam he can play Pg,Sg,Sf so he'll get his playing time. Also if the Knicks do get Crawford he'll have to give up some players in the deal since they can't sign Crawford outright. Maybe Fields,TD and Balkman. The Billups thing might be far fetched but why would he be happy to just be still playing in this league at his age.

Punk
12-12-2011, 05:56 PM

Because Shumpert is a SG. Douglas is a combo guard. Bibby is an insurance policy in case we didn't land Barea, Crawford or Davis.

It's the fact the Wolves drafted Ty Lawson, Flynn, Rubio. Then went out of their way to cockblock the Knicks from Ridnour and Livingston (although he ended up Charlotte).

Now they decided to take Barea again another Knick target.

HouRealCoach
12-12-2011, 05:58 PM

Wolves drafted Rubio(Good move), Turned around and got Flynn(Bust), Traded Lawson(Best player on Denver right now)

Could have drafted DeRozan(Best player on Raptors moving forward) instead of Flynn

ManningToTyree
12-12-2011, 05:59 PM

Iman and Douglas are both more of a SG. Chill your ****.

KnickFanSince91
12-12-2011, 06:02 PM

Well Khan keeps collecting PGs while ignoring the other needs of the team and the Knicks are going after pg's to fill out the rest of the team. We are good in the front court but the back court is sketchy. Plus we have a bunch of combo guards which is what I guess Pringles is looking for...Davis fits into that.

Nobody has a clue wtf is Khan is doing and why he's doing it. Better?

AI4MVP
12-12-2011, 06:07 PM
JJ Barea, althought small, has definitely played the combo guard as well. He played alongside Kidd and Terry alot last year.

J4KOP99
12-12-2011, 06:07 PM
So do the Knicks have Bibby or not?

ChiSoxJuan
12-12-2011, 06:08 PM
I don't see this happening. There were plenty of teams interested in Baron Davis before he landed in Cle. A min bid is vet min + partial guarantees. There are 19 teams capable of making bids. I see at least 1 doing that much. For him to land with the Knicks it would have to be a buyout which acts more like a trade where the Knicks agree with Cle to pay a certain amount. The Knicks lost their MLE this yr when the amnestied Billups to sign Chandler. I don't see the Knicks being able to offer anything towards a buyout either. Only chance he lands with the Knicks is if he clears waivers.

club america
12-12-2011, 06:11 PM
theys should of just kept billups

Arch Stanton
12-12-2011, 06:14 PM
A buyout maybe... I don't see them amnestying him though. Makes no sense.

NYsFinest
12-12-2011, 06:17 PM

Did you really just compare using consecutive high lottery picks and offering back up PGs 4/$20 mil contracts to the Knicks using a few vet mins on washed up old PGs hoping one of them can help?

Kashmir13579
12-12-2011, 06:17 PM
I said it before in the Knicks forum, If he isn't fat and smoking pot this would be a perfect fit for the Knicks and D'antoni.

Hugbees
12-12-2011, 06:21 PM
I said it before in the Knicks forum, If he isn't fat and smoking pot this would be a perfect fit for the Knicks and D'antoni.

I'll settle for him being in shape, he can have as many blunts as he pleases ty.

oak2455

The pot part is his thing just hope he cuts down on the munchies:D

billsftw

i guess you should count out every in NYC :p

Punk
12-12-2011, 06:22 PM
He wants to play in NY. I think he'll look to get in shape and focused since he has never played for a contender.

In LA, he was probably lazy since he can go home and do whatever. He doesn't want to be in Cleveland, so he would play unmotivated.

Captain Moroni
12-12-2011, 06:22 PM

out of th three you mention, only Bibby is considered a true PG. TD is a great defender and shooter but his distribution skills are a problem on such a stacked team. Shumpert aside from Being an untested rookie is not ready to come in and guide such a high powered offensive juggernaut. Too much on the line for Dantoni then to trust his QB being a rookie.
Baron Davis is healthy could be a gold mine find for the NYK

Kashmir13579
12-12-2011, 06:27 PM

Because out of the 3 names you mentioned. Mike Bibby is the only PG and is on his last legs.

You have to understand, there is a recent history of Kahn loading up on unnecessary PGs. Its never that he's making "the worst move in the world" its just that many of these aquisitions flat out don't make sense.

Captain Moroni
12-12-2011, 06:30 PM
One great reason for picking up Baron Davis is that suddenly TD can become expendable in a trade for Crawford.
Davis/Fields/Melo/STAT/Chandler
Bibby/Crawford/Walker/Jefferies/Jordan

Now that is a team with depth. Of course it would be awesome to see if Jordan can actually run up and down the floor first!

superwill
12-12-2011, 06:32 PM
It be funny if gibert waits til the last minute to get billups that would to funny just to get over on lbj because if miami gets him start handing out the rings now

PC
12-12-2011, 06:32 PM
I'd really like this move for us. I like Toney but I'd be lying if I said I was completely comfortable with him running our offense. Even if the back injury is lingering, we do have Toney and Bibby to ease the workload which should keep him relatively healthy

allSUAVE
12-12-2011, 06:36 PM
I guess Shawnee Williams is a gonner

goin ham
12-12-2011, 06:40 PM
Anyone know what happened with crawford?

TheRooki3
12-12-2011, 06:44 PM
Anyone know what happened with crawford?

According to Isola the knicks met with him today in seattle and tried to lure him with the. 2.5 mil exception

MettaWorldPeace
12-12-2011, 06:50 PM
Baron and Amare pick and roll is lethal!!!

GiantsSwaGG
12-12-2011, 07:03 PM
He needs to shave his beard first!

DMasta718
12-12-2011, 08:21 PM
theys should of just kept billups

Then we wouldn't of gotten Chandler.

NYYCowboys
12-12-2011, 08:31 PM
I saw Baron Davis on the St. John's campus today....and the St. John's basketball twitter can confirm that. Wonder what that means? He is friends with coach Lavin, but why would he be in NY.

RCarlson85
12-12-2011, 08:59 PM
He wants to play in NY. I think he'll look to get in shape and focused since he has never played for a contender.

In LA, he was probably lazy since he can go home and do whatever. He doesn't want to be in Cleveland, so he would play unmotivated.

Never played for a contender? The hornets went to the playoffs early in his career multiple times. The Warriors also made the playoffs and advanced past the 1st round when he played for them. I wouldn't exactly say he hasn't played for a contender.

mizzacNYC
12-12-2011, 09:09 PM
Way to early to peg him to the Knicks... I'd like it though with how the roster is right now...

Raps18-19 Champ
12-12-2011, 09:13 PM

They drafted 3 PG's regardless. The draft for low end teams like the Wolves should be about drafting for the future. They clearly had no clear cut plan when they drafted back to back PG's. On top of that, they still signed more PG's. They might as well have just drafted a PG and another position they could have used.

They still did a **** job when you look at the outcome. :shrug:

They draft a bust, draft and trade the better PG out of the bust and draft a guy they know wouldn't have come right away.

Tell me that doesn't warrant some jokes. Because if Rubio ends up being a bust, it will be hilarious.

Bruno
12-12-2011, 09:16 PM
A motivated BD could be good for this knicks team. chandler+davis>billups, by a long shot. im excited to watch a competitive Knicks team.

ChiSoxJuan
12-12-2011, 09:18 PM
Who else do the Cavs have on their roster worthy of amnesty? It only applies to players signed before July 1, 2011. Davis is the prime candidate which means it's very unlikely he falls to Mia or NY.

TrueFan420
12-12-2011, 10:09 PM
A motivated BD could be good for this knicks team. chandler+davis>billups, by a long shot. im excited to watch a competitive Knicks team.
true but thats a very big if

AddiX
12-12-2011, 10:56 PM
Davis will love ny, any Knicks fam will tell you, he always destroys us in the garden. He's going to love it here, I think this will work out. I'm not even saying that as a homer either.

knicks=love
12-12-2011, 10:59 PM
true but thats a very big if

he didn't say "if" :eyebrow:

ChiSoxJuan
12-12-2011, 10:59 PM
Yes you are because he has to clear waivers & that isn't likely if he's put there via amnesty.

ewmania
12-12-2011, 11:05 PM
would be a good move if he's in shape

baron / bibby 6th man
??
melo / fields
Amare
Chandler

i love the height