PDA

View Full Version : D12 now considering staying with Magic

310Casper
12-12-2011, 02:23 PM
I guess he liked the Von Wafer signing that much? lol

@WindhorstESPN: After meeting with team, Dwight Howard seemed to re-open door to staying with Magic if there are "changes." Story coming

@MagicInsider: Possibly stunning development: Dwight Howard softens stance. "This is place I want to be but some things have to change"

@MrMichaelLee: Dwight Howard explaining his trade demand. "Nobody wants to stay in the same place. You either barbecue or mildew. I want to barbecue."

shep33
12-12-2011, 02:24 PM
Weird guy... really there are no moves to make in Orlando with their pieces. Just do something already man

ShakeN'Bake
12-12-2011, 02:24 PM
Not Wafer. He just loves Big Baby.

Raps18-19 Champ
12-12-2011, 02:26 PM
:win:

If he left, Magic would have threatened the Raptors for the 1st overall pick.

Celticsfan2007
Must be the big baby signing!

but seriously.... another D12 thread? :facepalm:

PacersForLife
I hope he stays with the Magic, tired of guys being stuck up little girls and won't just stick it out and demand that some talent be put around them is all.

Punk
No, he's just trying to make believe he'll stay until he walks to free agency. Unless, he signs an extension.

He's gone.

Avenged
12-12-2011, 02:27 PM
This guys should just shut up already. You go from wanting to stay, to being traded, to wanting to stay again. He goes to the media and says he wants to be involved in the F.O. :eyebrow:

Just play the game like you're paid to do.

THE GIPPER
12-12-2011, 02:28 PM
Noooooo now this will drag on for months.............

gatkins11
12-12-2011, 02:29 PM
Simply put, he says he would consider staying because he doesn't want to be a villain.

BigCityofDreams
12-12-2011, 02:30 PM
Damage control. Soften the stance and be a good solider even though they can't make moves. So when he is traded/leaves he can say I wanted to stay but there were not a lot of moves they could make with the roster so we both decided to do what's best for the org. and myself.

Punk
12-12-2011, 02:31 PM
This guys should just shut up already. You go from wanting to stay, to being traded, to wanting to stay again. He goes to the media and says he wants to be involved in the F.O. :eyebrows:

Just play the game like you're paid to do.

Can you blame him? The Heat add LeBron, Bosh. The Bulls add Boozer with Rose, Knicks add Amare then Carmelo, Celtics still the Celtics, the Magic add who? A guy like Stephen Jackson was available, the Cats were willing to take on a bad contract but Orlando makes no move and he goes to Milwaukee. When in hindsight they could have traded Gilbert for Jackson.

There is nothing that the Magic have done to be taken seriously in the East. They got worse while everyone is getting better.

Then Howard wanted to keep Gilbert (for whatever reason) but they cut him anyhow when you could have used that amnesty on Turk and picked up a Small Forward in free agency.

Otis is a moron point blank.

Geargo Wallace
12-12-2011, 02:32 PM
It must be such a piss off for Stan Van. How can you plan for the rest of the season when your best player is tip toeing on leaving?

ShakeN'Bake
I hope he stays with the Magic, tired of guys being stuck up little girls and won't just stick it out and demand that some talent be put around them is all.

I agree with you. But it does bring up the interesting question of how much time is fair to give a franchise to build around you.

310Casper
Noooooo now this will drag on for months.............

No way Orlando starts the season without either:
A) Dwight signing long-term extension
B) Trading dwight for the best possible package they are offered.

Orlando saw what happened to Cleveland, they wont make the same mistake.

*Yes, they could still trade him before trade deadline, but will only get like 1/2 as good a package.

Avenged
12-12-2011, 02:33 PM
Can you blame him? The Heat add LeBron, Bosh. The Bulls add Boozer with Rose, Knicks add Amare then Carmelo, Celtics still the Celtics, the Magic add who?

There is nothing that the Magic have done to be taken seriously in the East. They got worse while everyone is getting better.

Then Howard wanted to keep Gilbert (for whatever reason) but they cut him anyhow when you could have used that amnesty on Turk and picked up a Small Forward in free agency.

I get that.. But Dwight has been doing a lot of talking lately. He was the one who said he asked management to keep all of this as quiet as possible.

Davidgta1
12-12-2011, 02:34 PM
They talked about this on espn how one days he wants to stay and then the next day he wants to go.

tmacmamba
12-12-2011, 02:42 PM
Dwight is just saying this because he doesn't want the Lebron treatment either way we all know he's leaving.

5ass
12-12-2011, 02:57 PM
in other words.. FIRE OTIS SMITH

iggypop123
12-12-2011, 03:00 PM
he really is not good with PR. could use some lessons with kobe cp3 or melo.

Hustla23
Please stay, Dwight. Don't go to New Jersey!

Lo Porto
Orlando just got Big Baby and overpaid for Jason Richardson. They let his buddy Arenas go. They have the awful contracts of Hedo, Duhon and QTip clogging up their cap the next few years. Why would Dwight want to stay?

kozelkid
12-12-2011, 03:01 PM
God I hate prima donna stars who think they should be able to play gm.

This is the same idiot who supposedly got upset that Arenas got amnestied.

5ass
12-12-2011, 03:02 PM
Orlando just got Big Baby and overpaid for Jason Richardson. They let his buddy Arenas go. They have the awful contracts of Hedo, Duhon and QTip clogging up their cap the next few years. Why would Dwight want to stay?

just shut up man, you dont know what you're talking about
1. dwight wanted big baby, they'er good friends
2. jason richardson got a 6 million/yr contract, how is that overpaying for some1 who put up 20 ppg in phx last year
3. duhon and qrich make about 5 mill combined. how are they awful contracts for solid bench players?

Punk
12-12-2011, 03:06 PM
So, It's a problem for a star to know what player he would fit well with since...he has to play with that player? :confused:

I get that.. But Dwight has been doing a lot of talking lately. He was the one who said he asked management to keep all of this as quiet as possible.

And the Magic didn't. So, he did what he should have done and said what his intentions were and explaining it to the fans who most already knew that.

It's no different than Kobe saying I hate the Lamar trade.

uprightciti
12-12-2011, 03:06 PM
yeah kobe did the same drama **** in 2007 when he was thinking about knicks, bulls, clippers

so stupid just sign the 120 million dollar extension and be a #2 best player in the league

Brad IBCB
12-12-2011, 03:07 PM
What a ****ing joke this guy is.

tbomlad
12-12-2011, 03:08 PM
Yeah, I've said this all along that he NEVER really wanted to leave Orlando. Many of you have read my postings where I've outlined several reasons why he doesn't want to leave Orlando. He's not a weird guy, he just wanted the Magic to do all that they can and bring in another star. This is still the plan. Look, despite what many people have posted the Magic are under NO PRESSURE to trade Dwight. They could do what the Lakers did a few years ago when Kobe demanded to be traded. The Lakers refused and eventually was able to obtain Gasol and all was forgotten. The Magic can wait this out, continue to look for a trade and if one doesn't happen and Dwight becomes a FA then they can still do a sign & trade with Howard which would be in Howard's best interest otherwise he leaves 30 million behind. Or let Dwight become a FA which frees up money then do a crafty deal with D-Will and resign Howard for the max.

Lo Porto
12-12-2011, 03:08 PM
2. jason richardson got a 6 million/yr contract, how is that overpaying for some1 who put up 20 ppg in phx last year
3. duhon and qrich make about 5 mill combined. how are they awful contracts for solid bench players?

1. Big Baby is the only good pickup Orlando has had in 2+ years, but he's still only a lateral move from Bass.
2. Richardson doesn't excite Howard or Orlando fans. If he excites you, you're lying.
3. Duhon and QTip suck. If you add their money to Richardson's money, you almost have a max player. That's the point. Otis hasn't waited and saved up to get another good player. He keeps adding these mediocre washed up players to this roster. That's what doomed the Knicks and Heat for years.

You gotta suck it up and not offer big/medium contracts to guys on the decline. You gotta get 2 or more good guys in their prime and let those mediocre guys beg to play for you for nothing.

dsonLAL24
12-12-2011, 03:09 PM
nobody is getting nobody!!

tbomlad
12-12-2011, 03:09 PM

Agree with everything except Duhon being a solid bench player. He's god awful.

D Roses Bulls
12-12-2011, 03:13 PM
Dwight will not sign an extension with any team right now. Under the new CBA rules, it doesn't make sense. I believe I read somewhere if he were to sign right now, he would only get 2 years at what he wants to make, but if he waits till July, he will get 4 years at what he wants. That's what I read anyways.

Badluck33
12-12-2011, 03:15 PM
This is a smoke screen for the media to leave him alone. Majority of players have been already moved unless there is a player on the market that no one knows about, i dont see any drastic improvements that would keep DH12 in Orlando.

5ass
12-12-2011, 03:15 PM
1. Big Baby is the only good pickup Orlando has had in 2+ years, but he's still only a lateral move from Bass.
2. Richardson doesn't excite Howard or Orlando fans. If he excites you, you're lying.
3. Duhon and QTip suck. If you add their money to Richardson's money, you almost have a max player. That's the point. Otis hasn't waited and saved up to get another good player. He keeps adding these mediocre washed up players to this roster. That's what doomed the Knicks and Heat for years.

You gotta suck it up and not offer big/medium contracts to guys on the decline. You gotta get 2 or more good guys in their prime and let those mediocre guys beg to play for you for nothing.

1. big baby is better than bass especially for howard
2. thats not the point u said they overpaid for him, which is clearly wrong.
3. 5mill+6mill= 11 mill for 3 players not 18 mill for 1 player. the only bad contract on the magic right now is hedo.
i agree with u on the underlined part, but lets wait and see what happens first, if oatis can bring in a monta/iggy/josh smith/gerald wallace or some1 similar ill take my chances at trying to convince dwight to stay

nelson/duhon
J richardson/qrich
iggy/hedo/clark
davis/anderson/clark
howard/vet min.

and we can still bring another sg defender with the MLE

not the best team in the east, but they could do some damage in the playoffs

SteBO
12-12-2011, 03:17 PM
Lol at the Dwight hate all of a sudden. :laugh2: Rightfully so though to an extent, he needs to lay low and just make a decision already......

PhillyFaninLA
12-12-2011, 03:18 PM
Dwight will not sign an extension with any team right now. Under the new CBA rules, it doesn't make sense. I believe I read somewhere if he were to sign right now, he would only get 2 years at what he wants to make, but if he waits till July, he will get 4 years at what he wants. That's what I read anyways.

Maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea for management to use the 2 years.

Say "Dwight sign the 2 year extension and give us that time to get this team to be what we all need it to be"

Dwight signs or Dwight gets traded. If he signs you have timeline.

ChiSoxJuan
12-12-2011, 03:19 PM
There are new S&T provisions in the CBA now. You don't get to transfer the Bird rights in the off-season. If he isn't traded before the deadline he will lose out on a 5th yr & $30M if he doesn't resign with the Magic. It's basically a difference between $110M/5 & $80M/4 for Dwight at the end of the season.

Another option is to sign a 2 yr extension now on max $. He then is eligible to sign another 2 yr extension on top of that 6 mo's from now on max $. That will get him a little more than the $80M/4 he can get in a S&T at season's end.

heyman321
12-12-2011, 03:22 PM

If he left, Magic would have threatened the Raptors for the 1st overall pick.

Whew, that would have me worried. Raptors need to get the #1 pick.

Lo Porto
12-12-2011, 03:23 PM
1. big baby is better than bass especially for howard
2. thats not the point u said they overpaid for him, which is clearly wrong.
3. 5mill+6mill= 11 mill for 3 players not 18 mill for 1 player. the only bad contract on the magic right now is hedo.
i agree with u on the underlined part, but lets wait and see what happens first, if oatis can bring in a monta/iggy/josh smith/gerald wallace or some1 similar ill take my chances at trying to convince dwight to stay

nelson/duhon
J richardson/qrich
iggy/hedo/clark
davis/anderson/clark
howard/vet min.

and we can still bring another sg defender with the MLE

not the best team in the east, but they could do some damage in the playoffs

1. You're absolutely right
2. Goes against what you just said in #1. You think that Dwight wanted the Magic to spend $6 million a year on Jason Richardson? Where did that move even come from? With all the money spent on QTip, Reddick, & Hedo, why pay JRich?
3. The new max is lower than the old max. $11 million is a small move away from a max player.

The problem is that Orlando made knee jerk reactions just like Cleveland did. The result is a bunch of over the hill players surrounding their star. There's even a simularity between decent PG's (Mo and Jameer) and washed up SF's (Hedo and Jamison). The writing is on the wall Orlando. Just don't do what Cleveland did and let it all fall apart. Get Lopez, 2 firsts and dump Hedo while you can...

SteBO
12-12-2011, 03:23 PM
I do wanna ask this though....

I don't really know what's going on in Dwight's head while all this is going on, but if he wants to win so damn much, why isn't Chicago even close to being an option? All I've heard up to this point is NJ, LAL, DAL, and even the Clips. Yet Chicago isn't even a consideration.....Kinda senseless in a basketball sense if you ask me

ChiSoxJuan
12-12-2011, 03:26 PM
Maybe that's why the Magic don't like him playing GM.

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-12-2011, 03:27 PM
Dwight Howard is going through his menstruation cycle again.

kozelkid
12-12-2011, 03:29 PM
Lol at the Dwight hate all of a sudden. :laugh2: Rightfully so though to an extent, he needs to lay low and just make a decision already......

I never really liked him much to be honest. He just tries WAY too hard to get people to like him.

And he tries so hard to be like Shaq.

And in both scenarios, that means Howard tries to be funny, and he just isn't. At all.

Slimsim
12-12-2011, 03:34 PM
wow another twist in the drama

Cal827
12-12-2011, 03:35 PM
Can you blame him? The Heat add LeBron, Bosh. The Bulls add Boozer with Rose, Knicks add Amare then Carmelo, Celtics still the Celtics, the Magic add who? A guy like Stephen Jackson was available, the Cats were willing to take on a bad contract but Orlando makes no move and he goes to Milwaukee. When in hindsight they could have traded Gilbert for Jackson.

LOL, how is this an Advantage?!

Also, nobody would have taken Arena's contract until it became an expiring.

5ass
12-12-2011, 03:36 PM
1. You're absolutely right
2. Goes against what you just said in #1. You think that Dwight wanted the Magic to spend $6 million a year on Jason Richardson? Where did that move even come from? With all the money spent on QTip, Reddick, & Hedo, why pay JRich?
3. The new max is lower than the old max. $11 million is a small move away from a max player.

The problem is that Orlando made knee jerk reactions just like Cleveland did. The result is a bunch of over the hill players surrounding their star. There's even a simularity between decent PG's (Mo and Jameer) and washed up SF's (Hedo and Jamison). The writing is on the wall Orlando. Just don't do what Cleveland did and let it all fall apart. Get Lopez, 2 firsts and dump Hedo while you can...

signing j-rich for a 6 mill contract is not bad because atleast they can still trade him somewhere. a lot of teams will take him, and redick and q-rich are good off the bench, but no orl magic fan wants to see them start.
an max contracts are still around the 17-18 mill range for a guy like dwight. they used to be like 20 mill (see carmelo)

SteBO
I never really liked him much to be honest. He just tries WAY too hard to get people to like him.

And he tries so hard to be like Shaq.

And in both scenarios, that means Howard tries to be funny, and he just isn't. At all.
Last year kinda made Dwight transparent to me in regards to the Shaq comparison. Even "transparent" might be underselling it lol.

xXx J0SE 21 xXx
incarceratedbob Incarcerated Bob
**BREAKING NBA NEWS**Source: JAY-Z #Nets told close associates that Dwight Howard deal with Magic will be finalized next 72Hrs #StandUpBK

Metsboi69
12-12-2011, 03:37 PM
**BREAKING NBA NEWS**Source: JAY-Z #Nets told close associates that Dwight Howard deal with Magic will be finalized next 72Hrs #StandUpBK

This guys is a joke right?

Cal827
12-12-2011, 03:38 PM
Melo said he would reconsider too, but we know he was lying... I'm betting it's the same here. Rather be looked at like Melo over Lebron.

AI4MVP
12-12-2011, 03:39 PM
I'd be bored out of my mind if Dwight decides to stay.

steve0
12-12-2011, 03:44 PM
Why do we think the worst? Whether Dwight Wants to stay or go doesn't matter. We will get something good from the trade or the stay. Because none of us have ever made a mistake by saying something we shouldn't have said. This season will probably suck but every team goes through a rebuild. ITS NOT THE END OF THE WORLD IF DWIGHT GOES OR STAYS. Tell me which of you would not leave your current circumstances if you had better opportunity of being successful??

Mr Costanza
12-12-2011, 03:49 PM

Even the biggest nets homer will dismiss this as garbage

SeoulBeatz
12-12-2011, 04:09 PM
Get out of there while you can Dwight.

Orlando has NOTHING right now.

Are you really going to compete with Jameer and J-Rich as your #2 and #3 options? No young talent to speak of aside from Ryan Anderson.

You're leaving at the right time homie. Dwight had a great run when he was surrounded by those 3 point shooters and when Hedo and Jameer were playing to their potential, but it's over now. Time for Orlando to rebuild from the ground up.

All im saying is without dwight you have a starting lineup of

Jameer
J Rich
Hedo
Glen Big Baby Davis
Daniel Orton I guess?

Ugly.

lavilevi23
12-12-2011, 04:18 PM
East if Dwight joins the Nets:
1.Heat
2.Bulls
3.Celtics
4.Knicks
5.Hawks
6.Pacers
7.Nets
8.76ers

I cant imagine Magic making the playoffs without Dwight.

MickeyMgl
12-12-2011, 04:32 PM

Well, damn... They had seven years to put some talent around him. He's got a decision to make whether he wants to wait five more years or just go somewhere that the organization and coach are competent. He's earned it.

Lakers + Giants
12-12-2011, 04:47 PM

LMAO. this same guy also said the CP3 Trade was done when everyone else was reporting the same thing. . look what happened. **** that dude, he just an attention whore.

310Casper
12-12-2011, 05:00 PM
Mike_Bresnahan Mike Bresnahan
Mitch Kupchak has spoken: "We think we have three of the best players in the NBA—Andrew, Pau and Kobe. We expect to have them all season."

MJ-BULLS
12-12-2011, 05:04 PM
I do wanna ask this though....

I don't really know what's going on in Dwight's head while all this is going on, but if he wants to win so damn much, why isn't Chicago even close to being an option? All I've heard up to this point is NJ, LAL, DAL, and even the Clips. Yet Chicago isn't even a consideration.....Kinda senseless in a basketball sense if you ask me

That is something all bulls fans are talking about, something just seems fishy, i mean, why wouldn't he want to come to Chicago and win instantly? Its crazy because Chicago hasn't even been brought up.

NBA_Starter
12-12-2011, 05:07 PM

If he left, Magic would have threatened the Bobcats for the 1st overall pick.

Fixed

FriedTofuz
12-12-2011, 05:11 PM
well thanks to dwight howard, the lakers trade odom for nothing. Mitch Is a homewrecker and messed up lamar and khloes marriage.

Aust
12-12-2011, 05:37 PM
Lebron 2.0

Getting tired of this crap

Metsboi69
12-12-2011, 05:41 PM
Lebron 2.0

Getting tired of this crap

Difference is Dwight has let it be known hes leaving not like Lebron. The reports today notwithstanding they should just deal him already and end the damn distraction.

gwrighter
12-12-2011, 05:44 PM
lol obviously he'l say this. Can you imagine how much crap he's getting from the media and fans. If he doesn't say he's open to staying then he'l get booed at home games like Melo til he's traded. Besides, if the magic somehow traded for cp3 and kobe do you think he would still want to leave? No...

this is a no brainer. Depending on what the offers are for him/what magic are able to bring in will tip the scales. Simple as that. He wants to win & which ever realistic situation will give him the best chance to win he will choose.

I feel bad for the guy I really do. I like him as a personality and as a player and to see him sulk in interviews is ******.

VinceCarter
12-12-2011, 05:51 PM
Nets Considering Bid On Chauncey Billups, At Least In Part To Keep Him From Magic -- http://tinyurl.com/ck7yr85
https://twitter.com/#!/******/status/146343052296978433

tmacmamba
12-12-2011, 05:57 PM
https://twitter.com/#!/******/status/146343052296978433

if i were Billy King i wouldn't do that, why would you wanna piss off the Magic Front Office when your trying to acquire their franchise player?

VinceCarter
12-12-2011, 06:00 PM
if i were Billy King i wouldn't do that, why would you wanna piss off the Magic Front Office when your trying to acquire their franchise player?

Ineresting thought. This is just plain craziness and I want it to stop.

ManRam
12-12-2011, 06:11 PM
Maybe I'm unreasonably skeptical, but I see this as him trying to make it seem like it's not all about him and that he's been forced to leave. He's trying to win compassion points. He's trying to place fault elsewhere (fair or not) to make it more justified when he leaves...

I don't think anyone on both sides are saying anything honest.

VinceCarter
12-12-2011, 08:18 PM
Maybe I'm unreasonably skeptical, but I see this as him trying to make it seem like it's not all about him and that he's been forced to leave. He's trying to win compassion points. He's trying to place fault elsewhere (fair or not) to make it more justified when he leaves...

I don't think anyone on both sides are saying anything honest.

I kind of feel this too. Also the Magic front office better trade him soon because I don't think they are/can put people around him that would make him stay.

Metsboi69
12-12-2011, 08:25 PM
I kind of feel this too. Also the Magic front office better trade him soon because I don't think they are/can put people around him that would make him stay.

I'm starting to feel resigned in the fact that the Magic are going to wait until the deadline to deal him. At this point why not? Unless they love the Nets deal which would have to change at the deadline but isn't particulary strong anyway they will probably get the more value at the deadline. At that point Dwight will be more desperate to get a trade, and would accept a trade to more teams so he doesn't lose his bird rights. I think were going to be in this one for the long haul.

VinceCarter
12-12-2011, 08:46 PM
Gotta love a store that has bad grammar.