PDA

View Full Version : Pacers reportedly working on a deal to S&T McRoberts/Rush for Mayo

rhymeratic
12-12-2011, 01:00 PM
http://www.hoopsworld.com/indiana-pacers-trade-oj-mayo/

The Indiana Pacers have had their sights set on Memphis Grizzlies guard OJ Mayo for some time, and today they have finally found a way to get him. The Pacers have agreed to sign and trade Josh McRoberts along with Brandon Rush to the Grizzlies for Mayo.

The Pacers nearly acquired Mayo at the trade deadline in a three-team deal with the New Orleans Hornets, but the Hornets pulled out at the last minute (not at David Stern’s command, in that instance).

The Grizzlies have been looking for another front line piece to back up Marc Gasol and Zach Randolph, and McRoberts will fill that role nicely.

The_Jamal
12-12-2011, 01:02 PM
Sign of Granger moving and moving George to the 3?

C-Dub
12-12-2011, 01:02 PM
Collison, Mayo, Granger, West, Hibbert.. Jones, George. SQUAD

DaoudS
12-12-2011, 01:04 PM
Collison - Mayo - Granger - West - Hibbert
Hill - Jones - George - Hansborough

That is a formidable rotation that has the potential to beat any team. But I think they'll have trouble consistently beating the Knicks and Heat in their conference.

310Casper
12-12-2011, 01:07 PM
Wow, Larry Bird has done a good job with his team lately. They will be an interesting team to watch this year.

The_Jamal
12-12-2011, 01:08 PM
I like the way the Pacers are set up. Lots of young talent that has big potential to break out and a couple of veterans they can depend on if needed with Granger and West

ChurcH
12-12-2011, 01:10 PM
Great move

THE MTL
Pacers building a squad over there.

Sadds The Gr8
good pickup for the pacers. i still think Mayo can be an allstar

dhopisthename
12-12-2011, 01:13 PM
I still don't get why the grizz want to do this

bulls_world23
12-12-2011, 01:15 PM
I wanted this guy on the Bulls....

Great pick up

ShakeN'Bake
12-12-2011, 01:16 PM
Great move. Pacers are looking good this year.

Vincent

I agree, Mayo is a legit player.

It's kind of sad how they treated him last year.

Jetsguy
wow seems like a bit of a steal by the Pacers

schilling
12-12-2011, 01:17 PM
I like the move for the Pacers, and I like it as well for Memphis if Gasol is retained (sounds like that isnt the case though). Mayo was starting to live up to some of his hype coming out of the draft, and I think the Pacers will utilize him just fine.

and hopefully Brandon Rush's ego will fall a bit. Goodness, that guy thinks his crap does not stink. I read his twitter timeline when I need a good laugh.

310Casper

Probably means they're about to sign Gasol to a massive contract and build around him.
Mayo is an expiring in 2 years and probably wont want to resign in Mempis, he's always been a limelight guy since his USC days, will probably want a big market.

just my guess tho..

Iron24th
Great lineup,still have to wait and see if they can play together,cause some are ballhogs but if they can,watch out!

pebloemer
12-12-2011, 01:18 PM
Nice job by Pacers. They're going to be good this year. Definitely a playoff team in the East. That is if they can keep Toronto off their heels. Magloire and Gray are going to make some noise! ;)

The_Jamal
12-12-2011, 01:19 PM

Cap flexibility to retain Gasol and to get some quality big man depth behind Randolph and Gasol with McRoberts who had an extremeley soild year. Mayo is about to get very expensive, and keeping him force them into the luxury tax with big deals to Randolph, Gay, Gasol and Conley

greek miami hea
12-12-2011, 01:19 PM
Nice move

Slimsim
12-12-2011, 01:23 PM
Pacer look like hey got the 6th seed on lock.

5ass
i like that team, but dont think they are contenders. They will suffer defensively IMO.

PacersForLife
Umm nobody else has reported this deal being done and this link doesn't even work. If this was legit I would think at least Mike Wells would have reported it, this trade has not happened yet as far as I am concerned.

AlexTmz2
12-12-2011, 01:24 PM
Damn the Pacers are deep! I wish the Pacer fans the best and especially because you have one of my favorite players in george hill. Good luck this season!

justinnum1
bulls have some serious competition in there division now.

magichatnumber9
If anyone really took them seriously there would be more hate then compliments

Jint.
Pacers got a nice team.. 5th/6th seed..?

29$JerZ
12-12-2011, 01:26 PM
Collison
Mayo
Granger
West
Hibbert

Is Legit
They should definitely be a bigger threat in the East. About time too. That division as a whole was sad last season after Chicago.

futureman
12-12-2011, 01:29 PM
The pacers are a lock for the 4th seed at least.

Toxeryll
12-12-2011, 01:30 PM
wow, pacers are gonna have one of the best offense in the league

Hellcrooner
12-12-2011, 01:32 PM
I agree, Mayo is a legit player.

It's kind of sad how they treated him last year.

there is only one ball to play with.

randolph , zach, conley ( started to hog a bit too once he signed his fat contract) and i sure hope if they are puting a max for marc his shots are raising too.

simply, not enough ball for 5 offensive players.

Hellcrooner
12-12-2011, 01:34 PM
i like that team, but dont think they are contenders. They will suffer defensively IMO.

thats not the problem, the problem will be the ball distribution and touches distribution ( and probably it will even lead to chemistry trouble) when Gay walks back into court.

I will forever deffend that last year they only did what they did because gay was out of the picture.

I wouldnt be surprised if they end in the lotto this year,.

sixer04fan
12-12-2011, 01:34 PM
Pacers are legit

Hustla23
12-12-2011, 01:36 PM
Good trade for both sides.

Gotta love the youth and depth of the Pacers squad. Gonna be a fun team to watch this year.

I also love McRoberts and Rush on the Grizzlies.

McRoberts backing up Gasol and Randolph means the rebounding madness doesn't stop once one of the starters goes to the bench.

Rush would be a solid fit next to Conley and Gay since he doesn't need the ball in his hands to be effective.

The_Jamal
12-12-2011, 01:37 PM
I'd be a bit concerned defensively for the Pacers. Granger, Mayo and WEst are by no means strong defenders and Hibbert has yet to tap into his true potential on either end of the court.

The_Jamal
12-12-2011, 01:38 PM
they'll be able to score the rock though, thats for sure

chilly
12-12-2011, 01:39 PM
Great move by the Pacers, HOPEFULLY O.J. Mayo gets a boost of life & gives them the potential that he has.

Pierzynski4Prez
12-12-2011, 01:40 PM
thats not the problem, the problem will be the ball distribution and touches distribution ( and probably it will even lead to chemistry trouble) when Gay walks back into court.

I will forever deffend that last year they only did what they did because gay was out of the picture.

I think he was talking about the Pacers, not the Grizzlies.

310Casper
12-12-2011, 01:40 PM
If anyone really took them seriously there would be more hate then compliments

lol funny because its true

if it were the celtics getting him people would be pissed

BranWingss
12-12-2011, 01:42 PM
Indiana has been making some very solid, but under-rated moves over the past 2 seasons. This is a very good move.

The David West deal official?

lvlheaded
And some where there is a large group of Bulls fans weeping.

Thats a steal for the Pacers

thekmp211

first of all, they changed their style of play with gay still in the lineup. their early season struggles were rotational. so thats bogus.

secondly, for all of these offensive players the one thing memphis could have used in the playoffs more then anything...was a wing scorer.

still, they could have done better for mayo. mcbob is ok but rush is destined to fail. if this is true the pacers are a really fun young team.

Knick_Fever
12-12-2011, 01:44 PM
Wow, the Pacers are on Fire!!

PacersForLife
12-12-2011, 01:45 PM
8pts9secs Jared Wade
No. Hoopsworld seems over-eager. Check @MikeWellsNBA reaction. RT @noamschiller: Wait, is the Mayo for McBobs and Rush thing final?
its not done yet...

Knick_Fever
12-12-2011, 01:46 PM
Small market teams are making a solid push towards competitive balance

PacersForLife
12-12-2011, 01:50 PM
The David West signing is official, the O.J. Mayo trade is not completed yet, in fact Josh McRobert's agent said it was the first he heard anything about it....

ombada
12-12-2011, 01:59 PM
I'd be a bit concerned defensively for the Pacers. Granger, Mayo and WEst are by no means strong defenders and Hibbert has yet to tap into his true potential on either end of the court.

I understand everyones concern here, but if this trade goes through I do not think Mayo will start. I think the plan is to have him get heavy minutes off the bench behind George as a scoring threat that can create his own shot. He would be the first option on the second unit. We will have a solid starting 5 and a deep bench that could be starters for some other teams in the league.

PG: Collison/Hill/Price
SG: George/Mayo/Stephenson
SF: Granger/Jones
PF: West/Hansbrough
C: Hibbert/Foster

People dont know about Paul George yet. He is incredibly athletic and versatile. He added 10 lbs of muscle in the offseason. He has All Star ability, all he needs now are minutes and time to naturally progress and he will get both.

ChitownSports16
12-12-2011, 02:00 PM
**** the Grizz owner!!!!

Cal827
12-12-2011, 02:00 PM
:clap: well done.

Hoopsadvocate
12-12-2011, 02:05 PM
In the east the top 2 are clearly miami and chicago. The rest remains to be seen, being as the celtics get older once again and declinded significantly last year in the playoffs and the magic obviously arent getting any better and if dwight gets traded could fall out of the playoff picture completely. Now the knicks did get better on paper but lets see how they play they are a playoff team for sure but not ready to lock them in at #3 which is where they may fit as of now.

And this pacer team is deep and filled with young talent (LOL almost had a thats what she said moment). Look for them to overachieve like the young bulls showed you can do with a lot of hustle i wouldnt be surprised if they crack the top 4 seed in the east.

Blink
12-12-2011, 02:09 PM
Damn. Pacers and Bucks games are going to be fun to watch.
Bulls and Pacers can really battle now

NYYCowboys
12-12-2011, 02:17 PM
My East Prediction at the moment:

1. Miami 2. Chicago 3. NY 4. Indiana 5. Boston 6. Orlando (w/Howard) 7. Atlanta 8. Milwaukee

I really like this Indiana team a lot. Kudos to Larry Bird.

akesh99
12-12-2011, 02:20 PM
This has been an excellent offseason for the Pacers. Between the hirings of Brian Shaw and Kevin Pritchard now picking up David West and OJ Mayo they really seem to be moving in the right direction.

NYMetropolitans
12-12-2011, 02:24 PM
wow I like the moves the Pacers are making.

Nycbball08
12-12-2011, 02:28 PM
I'm jealous they got mayo, I wanted him on the Knicks..

ChicagoRox
12-12-2011, 02:32 PM
The Pacer just got legit. Good **** Larry.

GrkGawdofWalkz
12-12-2011, 02:34 PM
If Mayo can use this as a confidence builder and actually focus on basketball the guy could be as good as Tyreke Evans and or Eric Gordon (Minus the jumper). He has all the talent in the world. Just get the focus OJ.

phlp_bj
12-12-2011, 02:35 PM
My East Prediction at the moment:

1. Miami 2. Chicago 3. NY 4. Indiana 5. Boston 6. Orlando (w/Howard) 7. Atlanta 8. Milwaukee

I really like this Indiana team a lot. Kudos to Larry Bird.

I don't see Indiana making that big of a jump

1. Miami Heat
2. Chicago Bulls(interchangeable with the Heat)
3. Boston Celtics
4. New York Knicks(not placing any team led by Bibby high)
5. Orlando Magic(if Howard is there)
6. Atlanta Hawks
7. Indiana Pacers
8. Nets/Bucks/Sixers

Chi StateOfMind
12-12-2011, 02:42 PM
I dont find this anywhere else. But if it goes thru, excellent pick up for the Pacers.

Punk
12-12-2011, 02:42 PM

1. Miami Heat
3. Boston Celtics
6. Atlanta Hawks
7. Indiana Pacers
8. Nets/Bucks/Sixers

Boston is not close to Top 3 with that roster. The Pacers will most likely be better than Atlanta. They deeper and the Hawks do not have JCraw, Hinrich.

The Jokemaker
12-12-2011, 02:56 PM
I like this move for the Grizz. Hopefully helps clear up space to retain Gasol and Mayo was just the odd man out on the team. I think Rush can fit in nicely and have always liked him.

Good deal all around for both teams.

SeoulBeatz
12-12-2011, 03:11 PM
Pacers are def a darkhorse team in the East this year.

Great pickups, solid lineup all around.

IAmARanger18
12-12-2011, 03:12 PM
Good move for the Pacers, wanted Mayo on the Bulls :(

Brad IBCB
12-12-2011, 03:13 PM
Man, I was hoping the Bulls would cough up what was needed to get Mayo.

tcav701
12-12-2011, 03:14 PM
Somone please inform Brandon Rush that he sucks on twitter.

I need a laugh.

PacersForLife
12-12-2011, 03:19 PM

1. Miami Heat
3. Boston Celtics
6. Atlanta Hawks
7. Indiana Pacers
8. Nets/Bucks/Sixers

Hater? There is no reason we can't at least be a 5 seed if this deal goes through.

redsox0717
12-12-2011, 03:20 PM
I'm glad the Pacers have taken the initiative to improve their club into a dark-horse contender with these moves. It's a nice breath of fresh air seeing a small market team take steps to improve instead of sitting there whining to Stern about the imbalances between small and big market teams.

Super.
12-12-2011, 03:23 PM
Love it Larry

MrfadeawayJB
12-12-2011, 03:26 PM
NO!!!! I will miss you and always root for you OJ. Have a great season! I like McRoberts, and i guess Rush is ok talent wise, but i ****in hate Brandon Rush since he had that twitter beef

SeoulBeatz
12-12-2011, 03:28 PM

1. Miami Heat
3. Boston Celtics
6. Atlanta Hawks
7. Indiana Pacers
8. Nets/Bucks/Sixers

Orlando's done IMO, with Dwight or without they will not make the playoffs this year. Who's the #2 option in Orlando? #3? #4?

Basically what I'm saying is COME TO PHILLY DWIGHT! We got nothing but #2, #3, and #4 options!!!!

Chacarron
12-12-2011, 03:34 PM
Great move by the Pacers. I'll be rooting for them.

MrfadeawayJB
12-12-2011, 03:35 PM
However on paper, this deal looks great for the Grizz. The only team that had a better offer was probably chicago, but Heisley will not trade OJ to Chicago (since Heisley is from there). Indy was prob the next best option. For some reason our FO has been infatuated with McRoberts, and adding Rush should solidify our outside shooting.

This is a telling sign to me that Marc will sign a extension here and be HAPPY! Now there is one less guy on the team that needs the ball in his hands to be effective. Marc will get more touches Crooner, and now you can finally root for the Grizz!

flclfanman
12-12-2011, 03:39 PM
damn nice pick up for Indy.

Should be coupe of great games in the Central this year

And yup, still bitter about Memphis not trading Mayo to us :sad2:

DMasta718
12-12-2011, 03:42 PM
Awesome move by the Pacers. 6th seed at worst.

black1605
12-12-2011, 03:45 PM
Did no one bother to click the link to the article? This isn't a done deal, and the quote used in the original post is not in the article.

The Indiana Pacers have had their sights set on Memphis Grizzlies guard OJ Mayo for some time, and today they may have found a way to get him. The Pacers are reportedly working on a deal to sign and trade Josh McRoberts along with Brandon Rush to the Grizzlies for Mayo.

And accoring to Josh McRoberts' agent:

"That's news to me, especially since we haven't even agreed to terms."

http://twitter.com/#!/MikeWellsNBA

phlp_bj
12-12-2011, 03:46 PM
Hater? There is no reason we can't at least be a 5 seed if this deal goes through.

Not being a hater at all. I love the moves that the Pacers are making and have made thus far. Every team looks great on paper until they can prove it on the court. You can't just throw in players on a team and expect them to do well. Granger needs the ball. Mayo needs the ball. West is going to demand the ball down low. It'll take time to adjust and considering this is a shortened season, I want to see how they do before placing them ahead of teams like the Celtics/Hawks, who have proved that they are playoff contenders.

smith&wesson
12-12-2011, 03:48 PM
Pacers are looking solid now. 3rd seed in the east ?

phlp_bj
12-12-2011, 03:49 PM
Orlando's done IMO, with Dwight or without they will not make the playoffs this year. Who's the #2 option in Orlando? #3? #4?

Basically what I'm saying is COME TO PHILLY DWIGHT! We got nothing but #2, #3, and #4 options!!!!

Which is why I said if they have Dwight.

Boston is not close to Top 3 with that roster. The Pacers will most likely be better than Atlanta. They deeper and the Hawks do not have JCraw, Hinrich.

Boston still has their core coming back for at least one more season. I won't throw them out of contention just yet considering the Knicks have no legit point guard, and the Hawks will probably lose Crawford. The Pacers definitely got better with West and will get even better if this Mayo deal goes down, but I'm not placing them higher than the Celtics until they can prove to me that they can play together.

Storch
12-12-2011, 03:52 PM
Good trade by the pacers. OJ Mayo is solid, he just needs the minutes.

lavilevi23
12-12-2011, 03:55 PM

LOL no way in hell they are not better than Knicks or Celtics. 5th seed at most. I see them as the most improved team in the east battling for the 5th seed along with the Magic and the Hawks.

Confusious
12-12-2011, 04:06 PM
Memphis is so goddamn stupid.

club america
12-12-2011, 04:10 PM
Thats a great trade 4 the pacers.

dumb lakers should of traded lamar 4 mayo

tmacmamba
12-12-2011, 04:12 PM
Thats a great trade 4 the pacers.

dumb lakers should of traded lamar 4 mayo

that doesn't make any sense for the Lakers, where would he fit in? as a backup to kobe? im pretty sure the reason he's getting traded from the grizzlies is because he wants to start.

UPRock
12-12-2011, 04:17 PM
Pretty beast, lets see if Mayo can be the dominant player he was in college.

MJ-BULLS
12-12-2011, 04:20 PM
idk why the bulls couldn't jump on this. :pity:

Sadds The Gr8
12-12-2011, 04:22 PM

nah. they'll be a perennial 6th-8th one and done even with this roster.

ombada
12-12-2011, 04:23 PM
Not being a hater at all. I love the moves that the Pacers are making and have made thus far. Every team looks great on paper until they can prove it on the court. You can't just throw in players on a team and expect them to do well. Granger needs the ball. Mayo needs the ball. West is going to demand the ball down low. It'll take time to adjust and considering this is a shortened season, I want to see how they do before placing them ahead of teams like the Celtics/Hawks, who have proved that they are playoff contenders.

Mayo will be on the second unit if the trade goes through. Granger needed someone to help take some of the scoring load off his shoulders and West is just that.

about the bold part... There would only be 2 players added to this team which has remained almost wholly in tact. Our core players are young with ample room to improve. This team is growing together the right way. Sure there will be an adjustment period for West, but he has his old buddy Collison passing him the ball.

lavilevi23
12-12-2011, 04:25 PM
idk why the bulls couldn't jump on this. :pity:

Taj Gibson for Mayo?

MJ-BULLS
12-12-2011, 04:28 PM
Taj Gibson for Mayo?

It was reported last year that the Memphis grizzlies wanted Taj or Asik along with Brewer. I would give up either one.

Nycbball08
12-12-2011, 04:28 PM
For peace sake this is a sport forum...what's with all th metaphorical crap...

ombada
12-12-2011, 04:32 PM

no offense, but no way. I think a lot of folks forget that most of our team is incredibly young and still have a ton of space to grow.

Collison is 24, George is 21, Hansbrough is 26, Hibbert is 25, Hill is 25, If we get Mayo he is only 24. Hell even Granger is only 28. This is an incredibly young group that just added veteran leadership and a solid PF in West.

MrfadeawayJB
12-12-2011, 04:33 PM
It was reported last year that the Memphis grizzlies wanted Taj or Asik along with Brewer. I would give up either one.

The trade the grizz wanted was Gibson, Korver, 1st. It could have happened, but Heisley would not trade with is hometown team :facepalm:

MJ-BULLS
12-12-2011, 04:42 PM
The trade the grizz wanted was Gibson, Korver, 1st. It could have happened, but Heisley would not trade with is hometown team :facepalm:

thats the thing that sucks man. and not to mention, he would be trading him to the eastern conference. :facepalm:

JB0B0
12-12-2011, 05:14 PM
Rush is a good player. It's a good deal for both teams.

ombada
12-12-2011, 05:29 PM
Rush is a good player. It's a good deal for both teams.

He is good when he is aggressive. When he just hangs around the 3 pt line waiting for the ball he is frustrating. Rush has so much potential, it just doesnt feel like he works hard enough to fulfill it.

Thought this was interesting:

Speaking of deals, the Pacers are having conversations with the Memphis Grizzlies about a possible sign-and-trade deal. The Pacers would send Josh McRoberts and Brandon Rush to the Grizzlies for O.J. Mayo.

Don’t those names sound familiar?

The Pacers tried to send McRoberts and a first-round pick to Memphis for Mayo at the trade deadline last February.

The sticking point in the current negotiations is that the Pacers want to include Rush in the deal. The Grizzlies are trying to unload guards, not add them.

http://blogs.indystar.com/pacersinsider/2011/12/11/west-will-help-the-pacers-move-up-in-the-east/

lavell12
12-12-2011, 05:45 PM
If they don't want Rush than why not just sign McRoberts? Then they could deal Mayo in another deal.

phlp_bj
12-12-2011, 05:55 PM
Because they want the cap room to keep Gasol

PacersForLife
12-12-2011, 05:57 PM

You'll be eating those words buddy. :D

PacersForLife
12-12-2011, 05:57 PM
I wish we could just find out i this deal is happening or not..

ombada
12-12-2011, 06:33 PM
UPDATE: The Pacers are close to making the decision to sign-and-trade for Mayo, but the process is being held up by the idea that Jamal Crawford might opt to sign with Indiana. The Pacers have asked Crawford’s camp to make a decision before the end of the day so they can move forward one way or the other. The San Antonio Spurs, New York Knicks, Denver Nuggets, and Portland Trail Blazers are among the other teams that have expressed interest in Crawford.

MrfadeawayJB
12-12-2011, 06:36 PM
If they don't want Rush than why not just sign McRoberts? Then they could deal Mayo in another deal.

I hope this is what happens. I would love to sign McRoberts and then trade OJ to a low team and get some picks or young prospects from them that we can send to the D-league

GoPacers33
12-12-2011, 06:44 PM

only problem with this is that it is from hoopsworld which declared that they had already agreed to a deal

ombada
12-12-2011, 07:01 PM
The deal must have happened, they just said that they traded for Mayo on PTI....

broncosfan4eva
12-12-2011, 07:24 PM
Hold the phone...stern is on line 1

DR_1
12-12-2011, 07:31 PM

So am I lol, especially considering how much the Bulls offered.

DR_1
12-12-2011, 07:31 PM
Hold the phone...stern is on line 1

:laugh:

BlondeBomber41
12-12-2011, 07:41 PM
The article in this story is inaccurate. Nobody pulled out last minute of the trade deadline deal that would of sent Mayo to Indy, they submitted it minutes after the deadline so it was rejected.

Fair deal. Mayo has the most potential in the swap I would think but McRoberts and Rush are solid players.

Jag4444
12-12-2011, 07:46 PM
The article in this story is inaccurate. Nobody pulled out last minute of the trade deadline deal that would of sent Mayo to Indy, they submitted it minutes after the deadline so it was rejected.

Fair deal. Mayo has the most potential in the swap I would think but McRoberts and Rush are solid players.

Nobody really knows. The Pacers say that Memphis backed out, Memphis says the Pacers backed out, and most sources say that NOH was a third team that complicated everything and delayed the process so that it was submitted late

VCaintdead17
12-12-2011, 08:59 PM
GTFO Rush!

PacersForLife
12-12-2011, 09:16 PM
I'm guessing that the Pacers will end up signing Jamal Crawford to a 3 year deal at around 9 Mil a year. Then the Grizz just end up signing McRoberts outright. How's that for a prediction?

VCaintdead17
12-12-2011, 09:37 PM
That makes me want to vomit.

lilojmayo
12-12-2011, 09:58 PM
The deal must have happened, they just said that they traded for Mayo on PTI....

I am officially confused. i heard he has been traded in one ear, then the next he has. then the next he has.

make the deal already, this can't be good for either team team chemistry.

3 year 9 million for crawford is an excellent deal though

Sadds The Gr8
12-13-2011, 12:04 AM
no offense, but no way. I think a lot of folks forget that most of our team is incredibly young and still have a ton of space to grow.

Collison is 24, George is 21, Hansbrough is 26, Hibbert is 25, Hill is 25, If we get Mayo he is only 24. Hell even Granger is only 28. This is an incredibly young group that just added veteran leadership and a solid PF in West.

You'll be eating those words buddy. :D

I can't see them beating Miami, Chicago, or NYK but we'll see.

PacersForLife
12-13-2011, 12:13 AM
I can't see them beating Miami, Chicago, or NYK but we'll see.

That is still to be determined, but with the confidence Vogel gives his players he will have them thinking they could win the championship with Jeff Foster as their go-to guy, that's how positive he is. Also, the Pacers beat all of those teams last year at least once. They beat NYK when they played them back-to-back and Tyler Hansbrough went off for 29 the first game and 30 the next. With this deep of a team anything could happen.

Khalifa21
12-13-2011, 12:14 AM
I am officially confused. i heard he has been traded in one ear, then the next he has. then the next he has.

$9m per... If he was willing to sign for $3m a year, he'd be a Knick. Our only hope for Crawford is still a three way sign and trade.

ombada
12-13-2011, 12:17 AM

Yeah, but im hoping for OJ, i just think he fits our team better.

PacersForLife
12-13-2011, 12:37 AM
Yeah, but im hoping for OJ, i just think he fits our team better.

Yeah, but the guys at 8pts9secs prove some valid points of why Jamal could be a better fit. I like Mayo's potential though. Go look in the Pacers forum to listen to what those guys have to say about the whole thing.

ombada
12-13-2011, 12:46 AM
Yeah, but the guys at 8pts9secs prove some valid points of why Jamal could be a better fit. I like Mayo's potential though. Go look in the Pacers forum to listen to what those guys have to say about the whole thing.

ive been back and forth, just my personal opinion. I like Crawford too, but i think Mayo fits better.

Eagles4Lyfe
12-13-2011, 02:06 AM
Solid deal for the pacers

Wade>You
12-13-2011, 05:54 AM
I'm liking the new Pacers team this year, they'll contend with the Bulls for the Central division. Granger is just as good as Rose, just playing in a small market. And he's never had talent around him.

I am Smart
12-13-2011, 06:37 AM
I'm liking the new Pacers team this year, they'll contend with the Bulls for the Central division. Granger is just as good as Rose, just playing in a small market. And he's never had talent around him.
You're going to need this: http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQGRX6At0xzOj-ot7MvVRFxCq4bYwnGXibnVbunmXM_h_651eG88sdXbwbf

dacamase
12-13-2011, 12:02 PM
If Granger were as good as Rose, the Pacers would have been a lot better since Granger got there. I'm not saying Granger isn't good, he's just nowhere near Rose's caliber of player. Rose is a top 5 player in the league, Granger is a top 20 player in the league.

MrfadeawayJB
12-13-2011, 12:10 PM

:facepalm:

Granger is not near Rose. I dont even know if he is top 20. We're talking about a guy that sat the pines for team USA here.

Cal827
12-13-2011, 12:12 PM

I know it's your opinion, but this comment is basically the PSD's version of poking a sleeping bear with a stick: It won't end well. lol

AddiX
12-13-2011, 01:26 PM
Mayo needs to run for psd president with the way people on this forum talk about him. Dude is a overated role-player and every season it seems he's the talk of the town. Who gives a ish about mayo?

Shmontaine
12-13-2011, 01:35 PM

ha... that's funny... this seems more like wishful thinking rather than sound reasoning...

the pacers will contend for the 4-7 seed... that's an improvement

thekmp211
12-13-2011, 01:37 PM
Mayo needs to run for psd president with the way people on this forum talk about him. Dude is a overated role-player and every season it seems he's the talk of the town. Who gives a ish about mayo?

there's no reason to think he can't be an effective starter. he never really fit in in memphis. he's got upside.

ombada
12-13-2011, 01:45 PM
ha... that's funny... this seems more like wishful thinking rather than sound reasoning...

the pacers will contend for the 4-7 seed... that's an improvement

True, but last year with the same core guys they beat LA/NY/Miami/Boston and pushed your bulls pretty hard in the first round. They are a good team and i can see them upsetting someone in the second round if get that 4/5 seed.

Just for reference i do not think Granger is as good as Rose, however, they do play different positions so a comparison is kind of pointless anyway. I think our depth will be our biggest strengths.

Shmontaine
12-13-2011, 01:54 PM
True, but last year with the same core guys they beat LA/NY/Miami/Boston and pushed your bulls pretty hard in the first round. They are a good team and i can see them upsetting someone in the second round if get that 4/5 seed.

Just for reference i do not think Granger is as good as Rose, however, they do play different positions so a comparison is kind of pointless anyway. I think our depth will be our biggest strengths.

no doubt... they will be good... and i think they will replace the hawks/magic in the east...

but they did run into the bulls with injured bigs last year, and while they gave a tough series, they did almost get swept....