PDA

View Full Version : Waiting for APPROVAL... just saw Paul to the Clippers on ESPN.

TahoeSteve
12-12-2011, 10:48 AM
Maybe this will help us get DeAndre! They'll need money to sign Paul and Griffin next summer.

likemystylez
12-12-2011, 10:52 AM
Maybe this will help us get DeAndre! They'll need money to sign Paul and Griffin next summer.

I think griffin will have another year on his rookie contract. next season will be year 4?

Kdirt
12-12-2011, 11:04 AM

Actually its the opposite. Since they are trading Kaman, they have no choice, but to match DJ. On top of that they will own the rights to Paul and Blake, so they can retain them both and not have to worry about paying Eric Gordon. We just got bumped a little lower in the West.

Watch out for the LAC now.

likemystylez
12-12-2011, 11:09 AM
Actually its the opposite. Since they are trading Kaman, they have no choice, but to match DJ. On top of that they will own the rights to Paul and Blake, so they can retain them both and not have to worry about paying Eric Gordon. We just got bumped a little lower in the West.

Watch out for the LAC now.

lower in our confrence, but I think this trade would blow New orleans out of the playoffs. It makes for a horrible xmas presant for all the warrior fans though. It just shows that the clippers are getting better while the warriors are hoping klay thompson is lebron james and continue to play the "lets wait and see" game that Fitz loves.

TahoeSteve
12-12-2011, 11:09 AM
I think griffin will have another year on his rookie contract. next season will be year 4?

They want to sign him to an extension next summer... that's what I keep hearing.

likemystylez
12-12-2011, 11:10 AM
They want to sign him to an extension next summer... that's what I keep hearing.

yeah they can sign him to lock him up long term, but they wouldnt start paying him until the fall of 2013.

TahoeSteve
12-12-2011, 11:18 AM
Does signing Butler help us get DeAndre? They did commit some good money to him.

likemystylez
12-12-2011, 11:22 AM
this is just getting depressing that ... the clippers seem to care about getting better more than lacob and the warriors.

likemystylez
12-12-2011, 11:23 AM
if the clippers are able to sell people on going there... IM really not sure what the warriors excuse is

TahoeSteve
12-12-2011, 11:42 AM
I'm too obsessed with this... I need to shut things down so I can get some work done today.

likemystylez, you're right... it seems like we worked harder than any other team and it looks like we'll have the exact same team.

Scoots
12-12-2011, 12:07 PM
It's not for lack of effort, the fact of the matter is LA is a bigger TV market with more opportunities off the court than Oakland. Despite what fans and owners want it takes time to change a team the vast majority of the time. When the Ws move to SF and have made the playoffs a few times in a row the free agents will want to come here.

BrandoCommando
12-12-2011, 12:55 PM
its not like its the end of the world if we don't get DJ. We'd obviously have that money to spend on some other players.

BKLYNpigeon
12-12-2011, 01:17 PM
if the clippers are able to sell people on going there... IM really not sure what the warriors excuse is

Clippers have Blake Griffin, a cornerstone of their franchise. we dont have squat other then Curry.

asandhu23
12-12-2011, 01:20 PM
Warriors need to get out of Oakland. That is why free agents don't come here. They don't know that across the bay or even near Oakland, there are affluent communities for their families to reside etc etc. Some of you may disagree but the first thing people think of when they hear Oakland is gangs and people getting shot. Make San Francisco is for gays and hippies jokes all you want like a moron but that is the reality.

Good thing is the owners realize this and are thinking of moving to San Francisco

BKLYNpigeon
12-12-2011, 01:44 PM
I dont think SF is the a big reason why Free Agents wont come here. They need a superstar, hopefully Curry can develop into that player. The Warriors need to get better and change the culture.

After the We Believe year, we were close to getting Garnett and he said that he would play for the Warriors. We just need to Win and get Lucky in the draft.

Clippers were nothing before Blake Griffin.
OKC was nothing until Durant
and
New Orleans was nothing without CP3.

djeller1139
12-12-2011, 03:01 PM
Deal is dead.