PDA

View Full Version : Julian Khazzouh to try out with Warriors

asandhu23
12-12-2011, 05:12 AM
NOT for one second does Julian Khazzouh believe the NBA is out of reach.

The 25-year-old admits he still has a mountain to climb to reach the pinnacle of world basketball, but don't try telling him he hasn't earned his sensational call-up to take part in a pre-season training camp with NBA team the Golden State Warriors.

Ian Robilliard, his coach at the Sydney Kings, doesn't doubt it either.

Khazzouh will fly to the US on Monday, just hours after playing for the Kings against Townsville tomorrow night, for a one-week camp where he will go head-to-head with a small group of fellow NBA hopefuls, all trying to lock-down a spot on the Golden State roster.

"I don't doubt for a second. I know I can do it," Khazzouh said yesterday. "All the hours of work I've done with the coaching staff and on my own was for this. I've worked so hard for this, but I'm ready for whatever comes.

"You've just got to believe in the work you've put in. I've always been trying to build to something more."

His belief has always been strong. It had to be right from the start of his basketball career when he set out to make the journey from the local Castle Hill Basketball Stadium to the mega-indoor stadiums all across the US.

Growing up in Winston Hills in western Sydney, the 209cm giant now is one step away from becoming the latest Aussie basketballer to make it on to an NBA roster.

He leaves for the US, nervous because of what is at stake, but far from afraid of the challenge ahead.

Khazzouh also trialled with Golden State in April this year and knows what to expect during the camp. Whether or not the Warriors recruited him, Khazzouh will return to Sydney on December 22. If Golden State sign him, Khazzouh will at least get a final game in the purple-and-gold singlet - the Kings' home court clash against Townsville on December 23.

"I'd be disappointed if they tell me to go away and come back in another six months, 12 months, but it'd be fuel for the fire," he said. "I'll just come back and take away any excuses they have not to pick me. There's no downside to this. The worst case scenario, I'll come back to the Kings having learnt a stack over there and I'll bring it all back with me."

Despite the potentially life-changing opportunity at his feet, the Kings captain admits his departure will be bitter sweet because of how close the Kings team is.

"It will be the hardest thing I've had to do," he said. "We're such a close unit. It's by far the best team I've ever been a part of.

Khazzouh has promised to put his girlfriend Jessie Kendall, mum and brother on the next flight from Sydney to the US if he receives good news from the Warriors this week.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/indepth/julian-khazzouh-backs-himself-to-win-a-spot-in-the-nba-with-the-golden-state-warriors/story-e6freyj0-1226218598528

These are his stats...

http://www.sportingpulse.com/team_info.cgi?action=PSTATS&pID=190395313&client=0-189-88249-119318-369912

asandhu23
12-12-2011, 05:17 AM
He is a big man and he can play defense.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julian_Khazzouh

SugeKnight
12-12-2011, 05:27 AM
LMAO that sig is hilarious!

MackShock
12-12-2011, 05:40 AM
not bad..his stats are way better than DJ's :)

p.s. im well aware he didnt play vs nba competition..its a joke.

likemystylez
12-12-2011, 10:48 AM
OMG- this is the same old cohan stuff... trying to find great players elsewhere. A complete joke of a signing... LOL just go after kwame brown already, LOL he might not even want to play for the warriors though.

MackShock
12-12-2011, 06:59 PM
i cant believe you want kwame

Leandres_sf
12-12-2011, 09:55 PM
Options are limited, I don't know what the problem is at least trying him out. Lacob tried to get a big name...no one wants to play here.

MackShock
12-12-2011, 09:57 PM
Options are limited, I don't know what the problem is at least trying him out. Lacob tried to get a big name...no one wants to play here.

why not take this guy over Kwame..how much worse can it be?

besides, reports say kwame wants to stay in charlotte..

he had a bit of a resurgence last year..

Monta is beast
12-12-2011, 10:50 PM
why not take this guy over Kwame..how much worse can it be?

besides, reports say kwame wants to stay in charlotte..

he had a bit of a resurgence last year..

Kwame isn't really all that bad. I would gladly take him as a backup. I know he'll never live up to what he was supposed to be, but if we can get him cheap, do it.

Lloyd Christmas
12-12-2011, 11:31 PM
I would like Kwame on this team. At least as insurance in case Andris doesn't "rebound".

MackShock
12-13-2011, 02:07 AM
I would like Kwame on this team. At least as insurance in case Andris doesn't "rebound".

Nice pun work Lloyd!

Shouldn't we see what Jeremy Tyler is made of first? I know he's unproven, but he has a chip on his shoulder.