PDA

View Full Version : Impact of the lockout

iam brett favre
12-11-2011, 10:48 PM
Will the lockout change the way you look at whoever wins the finals this year? Will you consider them a legitimate champion since a 66 game season is completely different than a 82 game season?

310Casper
12-11-2011, 10:49 PM
Its only 14 less games. I will look at this years champions no differently...

If anything, I would argue that all seasons should be around 65-70 games anyway. Less injuries and more energy in the playoffs.

Considering the champions will most likely play around 80-90 games including playoffs.

dhopisthename
12-11-2011, 10:51 PM
no. the playoffs are only slightly different which is all that matters in the nba anyways

PraiseJesus
12-11-2011, 10:52 PM
The blocked trade of the Lakers will change my view on teh NBA forever

LOOTERX9
12-11-2011, 10:53 PM
Season should be only 72 games anyway. They take forever to play those last 10 games of season

Cal827
12-11-2011, 10:53 PM
Nope, whoever wins it, wins it fair and square..

Also in before someone says it's fair game, unless Miami Wins it.

LOOTERX9
12-11-2011, 10:57 PM
The blocked trade of the Lakers will change my view on teh NBA forever

Stern and owners did right thing by blocking lakers from getting both cp3 and howard. the owners own hornets. why on earth would owners of dallas, spurs, knicks, memphis, boston, etc want to send L.A Cp3 and make them better. cause we all know they were trading bynum for howard right after getting cp3.

PraiseJesus
12-11-2011, 11:24 PM
Stern and owners did right thing by blocking lakers from getting both cp3 and howard. the owners own hornets. why on earth would owners of dallas, spurs, knicks, memphis, boston, etc want to send L.A Cp3 and make them better. cause we all know they were trading bynum for howard right after getting cp3.

First of all, the trade was for Paul not Howard

2nd of all, the Lakers were giving up the best scoring big man in the league in Pau and the most versatile palyer in the league Odom.

Miami is sitting with 3 hall of famers in their 20s and LA cant have a point guard for 2 very valuable veteran championship players?

You are so jaded I cant even believe it

LOOTERX9
12-11-2011, 11:34 PM

2nd of all, the Lakers were giving up the best scoring big man in the league in Pau and the most versatile palyer in the league Odom.

Miami is sitting with 3 hall of famers in their 20s and LA cant have a point guard for 2 very valuable veteran championship players?

Haha ofcouse I know they were trading for Paul. But they were keeping Bynum to prepare trade for Howard as well. Everyone knows this. The other teams owners was not letting that happen. The owners own the hornets so they did not want to hand lakers another dynasty. Good for them. It would be like knicks trading melo to a team in own division (celtics)

PraiseJesus
12-11-2011, 11:37 PM
Haha ofcouse I know they were trading for Paul. But they were keeping Bynum to prepare trade for Howard as well. Everyone knows this. The other teams owners was not letting that happen. The owners own the hornets so they did not want to hand lakers another dynasty. Good for them. It would be like knicks trading melo to a team in own division (celtics)

Good for them???

Its their own faults for drafting terrible players and making terrible trades + free agent signings.

Look at San Antonio Spurs... arguably one of the smallest and worst markets in the NBA yet they win all the time.

The Lakers are run by the best family in pro sports and are able to make stay good because they run their team the right way.

You are basically saying its ok to punish a team for running their franchsie too well.

Get a grip man

Dolfan305
12-11-2011, 11:39 PM
If the Heat win then yes, it won't be a true championship.

Dolfan305
12-11-2011, 11:40 PM
I don't get what the difference is. Each team is still playing the same amount of games and schedule format, it's not like one team is playing 66 games while the other is playing 82. The playoffs will also be relatively normal.

chicago lulz
12-11-2011, 11:47 PM
I don't get what the difference is. Each team is still playing the same amount of games and schedule format, it's not like one team is playing 66 games while the other is playing 82. The playoffs will also be relatively normal.

There are no differences. This year's champions should not be looked down upon, because of a shortened season, etc. Whoever wins it will have deserved it.

LOOTERX9
12-11-2011, 11:51 PM
Good for them???

Its their own faults for drafting terrible players and making terrible trades + free agent signings.

Look at San Antonio Spurs... arguably one of the smallest and worst markets in the NBA yet they win all the time.

The Lakers are run by the best family in pro sports and are able to make stay good because they run their team the right way.

You are basically saying its ok to punish a team for running their franchsie too well.

Get a grip man

You are not getting what i'm saying. The owners own the hornets. Why would owners of other teams that compete with lakers want to give them chris paul knowing that lakers may get howard too. It's a owners right to not want to trade his star to a certain team. Plus cp3 is under contract anyways so he has to go wherever the team's owners send him for 1 year

Cal827
12-11-2011, 11:59 PM
If the Heat win then yes, it won't be a true championship.

:laugh:

PacersForLife
12-11-2011, 11:59 PM

I see where you are coming from, but that's kinda BS. The rules before allowed for this crap to happen and nobody wants to see such super teams built up again after the lockout was supposed to "create competitive balance." Stern allowing such a deal to go through would make him look kinda stupid because the Lakers most likely would have figured out a way to get Dwight as well and all small market owners would have went HAM. This keeps most of the hate on the Heat anyways...

PraiseJesus
12-12-2011, 12:03 AM
I see where you are coming from, but that's kinda BS. The rules before allowed for this crap to happen and nobody wants to see such super teams built up again after the lockout was supposed to "create competitive balance." Stern allowing such a deal to go through would make him look kinda stupid because the Lakers most likely would have figured out a way to get Dwight as well and all small market owners would have went HAM. This keeps most of the hate on the Heat anyways...

This 'competitive balance' issue has NOTHING to do with NBA rules.

The issue is with how well owners run theiir franchises.

Case and point:

Lakers vs Clippers

IN a sport that already has a salary cap ---- the idea of furthering competitive balance by vetoing fair trades is absurd.

Complete and utter hypocrisy is running rampant right now

ink
12-12-2011, 02:25 AM

Everyone knew they hadn't succeeded in removing the loopholes from the CBA so it can't be a surprise that we're seeing all this crap in free agency now. It is exactly as predicted. If you followed the lockout you had to see this coming.

The owners wanted a hard cap and instead got a watered-down luxury tax that wouldn't kick in for a few years. There is no deterrent in the CBA against creating super teams, much to the disappointment of many fans.