PDA

View Full Version : Chris Paul to Clippers deal dead // UPDATE: Talks to make deal are not over Post 1099

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Avenged
12-11-2011, 08:34 PM
If he can't land with the Los Angeles Lakers or New York Knicks, Chris Paul's preference is to be traded by the league-owned New Orleans Hornets to the Los Angeles Clippers to play alongside Blake Griffin, according to sources close to the situation.

The Clippers know that Paul is unlikely to sign an extension with any team that trades for him because the rules in place in the NBA's new labor agreement make it more advantageous for top stars to play the season out and then sign a longer deal in free agency, even if they're staying with the same team. But sources told ESPN.com that the Clippers merely want Paul to pick up the 2012-13 option in his contract at the time of the trade -- thus delaying his free agency by one year -- if they're going to give up one of their two most prized trade assets for Paul: Eric Gordon or Minnesota's unprotected No. 1 pick in 2012.

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/7342778/if-no-new-york-knicks-los-angeles-lakers-chris-paul-wants-los-angeles-clippers

The Los Angeles Clippers rejected NBA commissioner David Stern’s steep demands to complete a trade for New Orleans Hornets All-Star guard Chris Paul, and talks of a blockbuster deal perished on Monday afternoon, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

Sources didn’t preclude the talks from re-starting again, but the Clippers weren’t willing to meet the the NBA and Hornets demands for Paul, sources said.

The NBA has been been running the trade talks for Paul, usurping the power of general manager Dell Demps. The league took over the Hornets in December, and are angling to maintain value to sell the franchise for the highest possible price.

This circumstance is unprecedented in NBA history.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=Aqln5VTPvOWxgNWEOYtHBSe8vLYF?slug=aw-hornets_clippers_paul_trade_121211

Better-Than-You
12-11-2011, 08:35 PM
ESPNSteinLine Marc Stein
ESPN link w/@Chris_Broussard: If he can't be Laker or Knick, @CP3 wants to be dealt to Clips to play w/@blakegriffin: es.pn/tnzKYI

That really sucks.... Stern has to veto right? LAC is a big market too :(

Sportfan
12-11-2011, 08:35 PM
wow, why is boston getting so screwed

Raps18-19 Champ
12-11-2011, 08:36 PM
:win:

I've been calling this too. Gordon and Jordan will be a Hornet while CP3 and Okafor goes our way.

AI4MVP
12-11-2011, 08:38 PM
Ive always thought that the Clippers were the best place for Paul to go to. Chris Paul and Blake Griffin together? diiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiirty

Mishmin

I've been calling this too. Gordon and Jordan will be a Hornet while CP3 and Okafor goes our way.

They won't give up Gordon and Jordan. Maybe Jordan, Aminu, Bledsoe, or Gordon, Aminu, picks... something like that. But I doubt they would have to give up all that raw talent.

Better-Than-You

your roster didn't change... Lakers lost their 6th man. The Lakers got screwed worse. Lakers need to sue if Stern doesn't veto; the hypocrisy of not allowing big markets to take superstars yet give him to the team that the Lakers share an arena with. Slap to face.

looka09
12-11-2011, 08:39 PM
ESPNSteinLine Marc Stein
Mo Williams did same in Baron trade. Clips know CP3 won't do extension but merely opting in for 2012-13 lets LAC know they'd have two years
1 minute ago

Avenged
Hornets asking for E Gordon, Kaman, Bledsoe, Aminu and 2 1st round picks, sources say

- broussard

jimbobjarree
would be a cool move

ghettosean
12-11-2011, 08:45 PM
Wow well see if the clips give it up but that's a little much if you ask me.

FNM BOY
12-11-2011, 08:48 PM
Yeah too much..Hornets must be smoking crack.

smith&wesson
12-11-2011, 08:49 PM

wait boston just traded big baby for brandon bass. how is boston getting screwed ?

Raps18-19 Champ
12-11-2011, 08:50 PM
They won't give up Gordon and Jordan. Maybe Jordan, Aminu, Bledsoe, or Gordon, Aminu, picks... something like that. But I doubt they would have to give up all that raw talent.

Looks like they aren't asking for Jordan.

But that's better. They can trade Jordan for Howard. :cool:

LakersKB24
CP3 in a Clippers uni? lol

RevisIsland
Match Jordan's offer, trade Aminu, Kaman's expiring, Bledsoe and 2012 Minny pick for Paul. Paul-Gordon-Butler-Blake-Jordan. That's a ****ing team.

Sportfan
12-11-2011, 08:51 PM
- broussard
:laugh: clippers should say **** no they have all the leverage

ESPNSteinLine Marc Stein
If CP3 decides to opt out as planned to be FA in July no matter what, Clips have tough decision to make. BOS/GSW/others sure to keep bidding
2 minutes ago
and boston has been continuously screwed by this ****ing dempz guy, first the original paul deal which boston assumed was going down, then the west blunder and now again refusing to make a deal with boston. he probably blocks us from signing landry too :pity:

iggypop123
kaman aminu bledose and a choice of the 1st pic or gordon. that i think is more than fair and stern would approve because mitch kupchak is not involved.

Sportfan
Match Jordan's offer, trade Aminu, Kaman's expiring, Bledsoe and 2012 Minny pick for Paul. Paul-Gordon-Butler-Blake-Jordan. That's a ****ing team.
that's not better than the Celtics deal :laugh:

smith&wesson
12-11-2011, 08:52 PM
wait am i seeing straight ? the clippers would be dumb to do that deal... and chris paul is dumb to want to play for the clippers and the worst owner in all of sports. blake griffen was drafted there not much of a choice for him

Avenged
12-11-2011, 08:52 PM
LAC willing to add Gordon 2 deal if Paul commits 2 "opt-in" to the final year of his deal, which would assure LAC of having him next 2 yrs

- broussard

310Casper
12-11-2011, 08:53 PM
Hornets asking for E Gordon, Kaman, Bledsoe, Aminu and 2 1st round picks, sources say

All of that for only 2 guaranteed years of cp3 for the Clippes?

NO!! They are giving up way too much.

Gibby
- broussard

if thats the case, they should do it. I know gordon is good but they are getting a superstar. they been wanting to get rid of kaman, so thats a bonus. aminu is a good talent but he is still raw and not a sure thing. those 2 1st rounders wont be lottery picks if they get paul.

edit: depends on how confident they are that paul will stay long term.

shep33
the 2 picks are Minni's first rounder and Clips first rounder. But condition is he has to opt in for 2012. Kinda risky for the Clips, because if he just leaves after that, they lose a ton of young assets. Bledsoe, Gordan, Aminu, 2 first rounders (1 that is unprotected by minni).

shep33
12-11-2011, 08:54 PM
if thats the case, they should do it. I know gordon is good but they are getting a superstar. they been wanting to get rid of kaman, so thats a bonus. aminu is a good talent but he is still raw and not a sure thing. those 2 1st rounders wont be lottery picks if they get paul.

Minni's first rounder can be really good next season, maybe top 5.

Better-Than-You
12-11-2011, 08:56 PM
wow they are willing to trade their franchise sg for 2 years of cp3? I would demand an extension if I were the Clippers. They are desperate. Would the Lakers sue if this go through tho?

Sportfan
xDEANDRE JORDAN CAN NOT BE INCLUDED IN A TRADE

Raps18-19 Champ

How ****ing awesome has this weekend been?

Stern screws the Lakers, Tim Tebow wins AGAIN and Paul going to the Clippers looks more possible.

**** final exams. I rather stay on PSD talking about this momentous day over studying.

5ass
12-11-2011, 08:57 PM
the 2 picks are Minni's first rounder and Clips first rounder. But condition is he has to opt in for 2012. Kinda risky for the Clips, because if he just leaves after that, they lose a ton of young assets. Bledsoe, Gordan, Aminu, 2 first rounders (1 that is unprotected by minni).
i dont get it, why would they ask for cp3 to opt in instead of telling him to sign an extension? are they iffy about his knees?

zoned88
the clippers have gotta be seriously desperate to be raped of all those pieces for only 2 seasons of paul.. but then again.. maybe itll change the losing.

Iodine
That Chris B trade would actually be really good for both sides.

Hornets get a cost controlled good young backcourt with a guy who I project as a worst case top 4 SG with the upside of top2 in a few years and a PG who could be a good starter in Bledsoe if he reigns in his shots.

Im not high on Aminu, but since Kaman and MekDot could be flipped at the deadline for good young frontcourt pieces, its fine.

Clipps get a Point God like no other

Ryan328
If I'm the Clippers I offer Kaman, Aminu, Bledsoe & my picks or Gordon. New Orleans has to choose: two draft picks or Eric Gordon.

GodsSon
12-11-2011, 08:58 PM
- broussard

WTF? And yet they agreed to take a far lesser package from Houston and LAL??? Their FO is clearly ********.

bholly
Keen to hear what CP3 thinks about opting in. If he does, then ends up getting injured again, he could lose tens of millions in the long run.

Gibby

if its minny's first rounder then clippers should say no. a possible top 5 pick in a loaded draft class. way too much. Maybe it was clips 1st and 2nd round picks.

don'tfireNedCo
12-11-2011, 08:59 PM

AI4MVP
I dont know why people assume Paul would leave after two. Yes its possible, but with the good young team they have and the duo he will create with Blake Griffin, coupled with that fact that the team is in L.A., IMO its just as likely that he stays

bholly
i dont get it, why would they ask for cp3 to opt in instead of telling him to sign an extension? are they iffy about his knees?

They just know he won't sign an extension, because extensions can't be that long any more.

This is sort of a compromise between extension and nothing.

Wade>You
Because no one views the LOS ANGELES clippers as a big market, this deal won't get vetoed.

Sportfan
12-11-2011, 09:00 PM
Minnesota isn't that bad, I'm tired of everyone calling it a top 3 pick (in general, not just you)

Avenged
If I'm the Clippers I do it. Risk it.

You bank on Chris Paul and Blake becoming a force and a top team out West. After that happens, it won't be difficult to sign Chris Paul AND Blake for an extension.

Gibby
If I'm the Clippers I offer Kaman, Aminu, Bledsoe & my picks or Gordon. New Orleans has to choose: two draft picks or Eric Gordon.

thats seems fair. do you still ask CP3 to opt-in?

AI4MVP
12-11-2011, 09:01 PM
Minnesota isn't that bad, I'm tired of everyone calling it a top 3 pick (in general, not just you)

Thank you<3

Iodine
WTF? And yet they agreed to take a far lesser package from Houston and LAL??? Their FO is clearly ********.

This post is actually the best post I have seen during my entire time on PSD.
So much damn truth

allSUAVE
I'll do that deal..or u .soon hear Blake griffin saying I want to be a laker or knick in a few years

NYMetros
12-11-2011, 09:02 PM

You realize Minnesota had the worst record in the NBA last year, right? What have they done exactly to improve their team? Rubio? No chance he makes that much of a difference

VCaintdead17

Our?

Dolfan305
So Lebron plays out his contract and chooses where he wants to go and has been blasted ever since, but Chris Paul can just demand and tell the Hornets where he wants to play and gets little to no hate?

5ass
if they give up gordon and the minni pick that is too much, one will be enough. The hornets have no leverage anymore + very few teams can match their offer, none of which paul is willing to play for longterm.
im going to say it ends up being gordon+aminu+clippers 1st+ kaman(who will be flipped to the rockets for C. Lee/other young players or a draft pick and expiring)

Raps18-19 Champ
12-11-2011, 09:03 PM

Do you not know how sports teams work?

If you trade a star, it better be for another star or young players. And they get good young players in this deal.

Better-Than-You
12-11-2011, 09:03 PM

CP3 doesn't want to a Clipper until now; there's no way clippers would make that offer for a 1 year rental.

AI4MVP
12-11-2011, 09:04 PM
You realize Minnesota had the worst record in the NBA last year, right? What have they done exactly to improve their team? Rubio? No chance he makes that much of a difference

You're an idiot. Rubio, The most talented player in the draft in Derrick Williams, and a Hall of Fame coach in Rick Adleman.

Raps18-19 Champ
12-11-2011, 09:05 PM
Our?

I am a Raptors fan but I officially made the Clippers my team when I jumped on the Blake Griffin bandwagon. And the fact that my hate for LAL makes me want to support the Clippers.

ThunderousDemon
12-11-2011, 09:05 PM
The clippers seem reluctant to give up gordon because they don't have a guarantee from paul that he'll stay long term. Another thing to note is that stern claimed that he wanted the hornets to get more young players so the clippers would have to give up quite allot to get CP3 but then again if you have the chance to get arguably the best PG in the league you do it.

Gibby
12-11-2011, 09:06 PM

theyy were a 17 win team, dont think rubio and williams will not make that big a difference in his first year. I m saying they will still be a bottom 5-7 team.

Edit: no doubt they have a bright future though.

VillaMaravilla
just wait out the year big boy and come to the Knick some how some way well get you your money lol

ThunderousDemon
I am a Raptors fan but I officially made the Clippers my team when I jumped on the Blake Griffin bandwagon. And the fact that my hate for LA makes me want to support the Clippers.

You hate LA the county?

5ass
You're an idiot. Rubio, The most talented player in the draft in Derrick Williams, and a Hall of Fame coach in Rick Adleman.

but they still dont have a center, and their defense is going to be **** IMO
not to mention in a shortened season they will struggle to learn the offense.
i think it could easily be a top 5 pick.

shep33
I'd be weary if I'm the Clips, the condition is he has to opt in.

Lets not forget what Broussard just said.... "If not the Knicks or Lakers, then he'll go to the Clippers". So What I get from that is he still would prefer the Knicks and Lakers to the Clips.

Raps18-19 Champ
12-11-2011, 09:07 PM
You hate LA the county?

My bad. I forgot the other L.

So my hate for LAL makes me want to support the Clippers.

Avenged
Don't forget that Chris Paul and Blake have history of injuries.. Can you imagine if they both go down? Wow.. Still though, this is a risk they should take. The Clippers haven't been relevant in so long it's time they take risks.

latinofire21

Because they are old and he wants to win. Only a Celtic fan still thinks they are contenders.

Mckphins
12-11-2011, 09:08 PM
with the draft picks, is next years draft going to be that good?

NYMetros

They're way too young. Youth doesn't win in the NBA. It's gonna be at least a top 5 pick. I'd hold onto that pick if I'm the Clipps.

Avenged
I'd be weary if I'm the Clips, the condition is he has to opt in.

Lets not forget what Broussard just said.... "If not the Knicks or Lakers, then he'll go to the Clippers". So What I get from that is he still would prefer the Knicks and Lakers to the Clips.

Yes. But that isn't going to happen so.. Clippers are actually #1 right now.

shep33
I hope he doesn't get the Clipper curse, that will be a fun duo

Tmath
Well he should wait for free agency then.

OA SLAY
12-11-2011, 09:09 PM
Do you not know how sports teams work?

If you trade a star, it better be for another star or young players. And they get good young players in this deal.

:facepalm:
you better go study.

I-4_Fan
12-11-2011, 09:09 PM
Now that they have Butler I think it would be awsome If they traded Gordon and Williams for CP3. Both teams benefit IMO. It would be better then them trying to put a package together for howard wich wouldn't work with out Blake, and we all know that aint happening.

Raps18-19 Champ
12-11-2011, 09:10 PM
you better go study.

Nah.

I rather argue as to why my claim is not the case.

Cuz if I'm the Hornets, I sure as well am not trading CP3 for bums like Odom and Martin when I can get Gordon and picks. Hell Gordon alone is better than Martin. And the picks will surely be better than Odom and Scola.

latinofire21
12-11-2011, 09:11 PM
:laugh: clippers should say **** no they have all the leverage

and boston has been continuously screwed by this ****ing dempz guy, first the original paul deal which boston assumed was going down, then the west blunder and now again refusing to make a deal with boston. he probably blocks us from signing landry too :pity:

Lol just funny

If you guys are so willing to trade away Jeff Green and Rondo because you dont think they can be cornerstones for the franchise after the big 3 is gone what makes you think the hornets want to start a team with your unwanted garbage. lol hypocrisy at its finest.

kj244
CP3 should get his revenge by playing the year out with the Hornets and then choose between the Knicks and Lakers during free agency.

OA SLAY

Dude, you really need to get off Rubios ding-a-ling!
Have you ever even seen him play?:down:

I-4_Fan
12-11-2011, 09:12 PM
Yes. But that isn't going to happen so.. Clippers are actually #1 right now.

I hope so cause it would be a better move for CP3. Clips can offer more money then the knicks, and it's a young up and coming team vs the lakers halfway to the retirement home core.

ThunderousDemon
12-11-2011, 09:13 PM
Nah.

Cuz if I'm the Hornets, I sure as well am not trading CP3 for bums like Odom and Martin when I can get Gordon and picks. Hell Gordon alone is better than Martin. And the picks will surely be better than Odom and Scola.

He wants to win and if he does go to the clippers it doesn't mean that he'll stay there long term, he might just leave next year and go to the knicks or lakers.

        
12-11-2011, 09:16 PM
:dance: :dance: :dance:

:clap: :horse: :clap: :clap: :dance:

OA SLAY
I am a Raptors fan but I officially made the Clippers my team when I jumped on Blake Griffins Dong. And the fact that my hate for LAL makes me want to support the Clippers.

I no the Raps suck n all but ur a Clown :facepalm:

latinofire21
that's not better than the Celtics deal :laugh:

Your delusional! :facepalm:

Unless Minny becomes a power house this season their 1st round picks will be high and they are giving an expiring that keeps the league happy (less payroll) and they give them some young talent that wont mess up their chances to get a lottery pick in this years draft.

Boston gives 2 1st rounders (are they their own? If they are in a top heavy east that means its low 1st round picks at best)
Gives ROndo and Green which make them mediocre. In this league either you want to be a contender or a pushover to rebuild. Being stuck in the middle ground like the Hawks isnt something to aspire for.

CLippers deal looks way more promising.

Sportfan
D, Will, Adelman, Rubio. they're the youngest team in the NBA and that's huge with all the back to back games.

They're better than Cleveland, New Orleans, Washington, Toronto, Phoneix etc. If they could play a lick of defense they'd be able to sneak in a playoff spot. I think they'll be in the 5-8 range and the pick will be very valuble but that pick and scrubs in Aminu/Bledsoe shouldn't get chris paul

jordan can't be moved

Jag4444
Ok so don't tear me apart if you don't like it but I just thought about this trade

Pacers trade: Granger, Rush, 2nd rounder
Pacers get: Gordon

Clips trade: Gordon, Bledsoe, Minnesota's 1st, Clip's 2013 1st
Clips get: Paul

NOH trade: Paul
NOH gets: Granger, Bledsoe, Rush, Minnesota's 1st, Clip's 2013 1st, Pacers 2nd rounder

Pacers get younger and have their SG of the future who is also from Indiana. They get to move George to SF and have their lineup set for years.

Clips get Paul and have a deadly pick and role duo with Griffin for the foreseeable future.

NOH (the NBA) gets the youth and picks in return for Paul.

Idk its just a thought but it could be the building blocks for something that actually works.

Tebow15Time
http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/7342778/if-no-new-york-knicks-los-angeles-lakers-chris-paul-wants-los-angeles-clippers

If he can't land with the Los Angeles Lakers or New York Knicks, Chris Paul's preference is to be traded by the league-owned New Orleans Hornets to the Los Angeles Clippers to play alongside Blake Griffin, according to sources close to the situation.

The Clippers know that Paul is unlikely to sign an extension with any team that trades for him because the rules in place in the NBA's new labor agreement make it more advantageous for top stars to play the season out and then sign a longer deal in free agency, even if they're staying with the same team. But sources told ESPN.com that the Clippers merely want Paul to pick up the 2012-13 option in his contract at the time of the trade -- thus delaying his free agency by one year -- if they're going to give up one of their two most prized trade assets for Paul: Eric Gordon or Minnesota's unprotected No. 1 pick in 2012.

Hollinger: What's Next

After a three-team trade to send Chris Paul to the Lakers fell through, ESPN.com's John Hollinger asks what will happen next. Story
5-on-5: Where will Paul, Howard land?

In a similar situation in February, Mo Williams agreed to pick up his option for the 2011-12 season to clinch the Clippers' deal with Cleveland that swapped Williams for Baron Davis. Sources say that the Clippers -- if Paul agrees to do the same -- would be willing to reverse their previous stance and send either Gordon or the Minnesota pick to the Hornets because they'd know that Paul would be in place next to Griffin for at least two seasons, removing the threat of trading for Paul and then watching him leave in free agency in July.

ESPN.com reported late Saturday that the Clippers had emerged as the "early front-runner" in the race to land Paul after the frustrated Lakers finally withdrew from three-team talks with the Hornets and Houston Rockets. One source close to the situation said Sunday that New Orleans has asked the Clippers for Gordon, Chris Kaman, Eric Bledsoe, Al-Farouq Aminu and at least two future first-round picks in exchange for Paul.

Sources say that the Clippers, meanwhile, are quietly confident that having Paul for the next two seasons will ultimately lead to a long-term arrangement, especially if L.A. manages to sign Griffin to an extension next summer. ESPN.com reported earlier this week that Gordon and the Warriors' Stephen Curry are the players most coveted by New Orleans in a potential Paul deal, but the Warriors have been pessimistic about getting the assurances about the future they need from Paul to surrender Curry.

The Hornets remain under pressure to find a palatable deal for Paul, who can become a free agent in July 2012 and has already told the franchise that he does not intend to sign an extension. In addition to New Orleans' natural desire to find a new home for Paul as quickly as possible to avoid the sort of soap opera that engulfed the Denver Nuggets last season until they traded Carmelo Anthony in February, league officials now technically in charge of the Hornets also know that the union has hinted at soon pursuing legal action on Paul's behalf if a new trade is not hashed out.

Paul spoke extensively with the union on Thursday, after Stern squashed the original three-team trade, about what legal options were available. The union planned to speak with Paul Sunday to gauge how he wants to go forward and how vigorously he may want to fight the league's ruling, sources said.

While Paul is despondent, sources say he also understands that a drawn-out battle with the league, whether in the courts or elsewhere, could lead to a heavy public backlash in New Orleans. But there is also a push within the union to sue the NBA if no trade is consummated by Monday, with possible claims of circumvention or collusion.

New Orleans officials are likewise crestfallen by the NBA's steady refusal to sign off on any trade construction presented by the Hornets, Rockets and Lakers that would have landed Paul in L.A. next to Kobe Bryant after NBA commissioner David Stern vetoed the teams' original trade Thursday.

The Clippers, at least, remain a very plausible trade partner for Paul, given all the young assets possessed by the Lakers' Staples Center co-tenants. Sources say that Aminu, Bledsoe and the expiring contract of Kaman are among the pieces that have been made available to New Orleans this week.

Paul has known from the start that a trade to the Knicks was virtually impossible because of New York's limited trade assets beyond star forwards Carmelo Anthony and Amare Stoudemire. The recent arrival of Tyson Chandler in free agency has enabled New York to offer a package centered around Stoudemire for Paul, but sources say that the league-owned Hornets have no interest in taking such a risk, given the fact that Stoudemire's massive contract signed last summer with the Knicks could not be fully insured because of his longstanding knee troubles.

Chris Paul's preference is to be traded by the league-owned New Orleans Hornets to the Los Angeles Clippers to play alongside Blake Griffin, according to sources close to the situation.

----------------------------------------------

Sources told ESPN.com that the Clippers merely want Paul to pick up the 2012-13 option in his contract at the time of the trade -- thus delaying his free agency by one year -- if they're going to give up one of their two most prized trade assets for Paul: Eric Gordon or Minnesota's unprotected No. 1 pick in 2012.

----------------------------------------------

Sources say that the Clippers -- if Paul agrees to do the same -- would be willing to reverse their previous stance and send either Gordon or the Minnesota pick to the Hornets.

i hope they decide to take the pick in this trade, i would hate for them to lose out on paul if he takes the option, plays for 1 more year, then becomes a free agent and they lose gordon for good

i also see the knicks freeing up cap for 2013 when paul would be a freeagent if he takes his option, again:facepalm:

Cal827
12-11-2011, 09:17 PM
:dance: :dance: :dance:

:clap: :horse: :clap: :clap: :dance:

I'm just going to make a guess that your are a Clippers fan? lol

shep33
Are the Clippers contenders though with him and Blake? Honestly I don't think so. Still need other pieces.

5ass
my question is, how do the clippers fans feel about this after he initially said he wouldnt sign an extension with them? do they have a "he can go **** himself attitude"?

Raps18-19 Champ
12-11-2011, 09:18 PM
He wants to win and if he does go to the clippers it doesn't mean that he'll stay there long term, he might just leave next year and go to the knicks or lakers.

Who's to say they won't win though?

The West is collapsing really quickly. The top 4 playoff teams are aging outside the Tunder and the bottom 4 have lost or look like they will lose very important players. Clippers have a good chance to make strides in the West if Paul teams up with Griffin and DeAndre.

Sportfan
12-11-2011, 09:19 PM
Your delusional! :facepalm:

Unless Minny becomes a power house this season their 1st round picks will be high and they are giving an expiring that keeps the league happy (less payroll) and they give them some young talent that wont mess up their chances to get a lottery pick in this years draft.

Boston gives 2 1st rounders (are they their own? If they are in a top heavy east that means its low 1st round picks at best)
Gives ROndo and Green which make them mediocre. In this league either you want to be a contender or a pushover to rebuild. Being stuck in the middle ground like the Hawks isnt something to aspire for.

CLippers deal looks way more promising.

Clippers will be a late lotto team if this deal doesn't get done, boston has their pick. boston will stroll into the playoffs like they did 2 years ago, so the pick will probably be mid 20's.

twolves pick is better of course, but they're also getting rondo who they could flip for a lot of pieces. Aminu is a bust and Bledsoe isn't a starting PG. Jordan can't be included since he signed an offer sheet with GSW. Kaman's expiring is nice, JO is one too. Homerism aside, give me Boston's deal everyday unless we're talking Gordon.

OA SLAY
12-11-2011, 09:19 PM
Nah.

Seriously go study (u need it) or c-a-r-e-f-u-l-l-y read his post again.

Raps18-19 Champ
12-11-2011, 09:20 PM
I no the Raps suck n all but ur a Clown :facepalm:

:rolleyes:

Because I'm sure it's so bad to support more than one team. And make an obvious joke about me supporting the Clippers because of Griffin.

Dolfan305
12-11-2011, 09:20 PM

Rubio and Williams haven't played a second of basketball in the NBA. The Wolves are just too young. Also I'm willing to bet that most of you Wolves fans have never even seen Rubio play live. He was awful last season. Don't forget that Minn. was the worst team in the NBA last year. 2 rookies won't help a whole lot

shep33
12-11-2011, 09:21 PM
Don't think this moves puts them a top the west... they're still not contenders just yet.

don'tfireNedCo
12-11-2011, 09:22 PM
CP3 should get his revenge by playing the year out with the Hornets and then choose between the Knicks and Lakers during free agency.

i don't think neither will have cap space unless CP3 would take MLE

Cal827
12-11-2011, 09:22 PM
Ok so don't tear me apart if you don't like it but I just thought about this trade

NOH gets: Granger, Bledsoe, Rush, Minnesota's 1st, Clip's 2013 1st, Pacers 2nd rounder

Pacers get younger and have their SG of the future who is also from Indiana. They get to move George to SF and have their lineup set for years.

Clips get Paul and have a deadly pick and role duo with Griffin for the foreseeable future.

Idk its just a thought but it could be the building blocks for something that actually works.

I actually really like that deal for each team... New Orleans is going to be building and somewhat competitive this year... could end up with some very high picks (themselves and Minni's), Indiana gets a very good player and can have Gordon/George down the middle.. Clippers get Paul (and Rush? they might need a SG after that...

The thing is though, the Clippers can back the Hornets into a wall so I don't think Gordon would be part of the deal (since they can sign him outright this offeseason). But we will see. I thought that NYK would have waited till Melo hit the market but I was wrong lol.

Raps18-19 Champ
12-11-2011, 09:23 PM
Seriously go study (u need it) or c-a-r-e-f-u-l-l-y read his post again.

You think you're a big boy by using all those facepalms?

Go facepalm all you want or try to be immature and take grade 5 spelling cheap shots all you want.

You haven't shown anything basketball wise as to prove how Odom, Scola and Martin benefits the Hornets in any way more than Gordon and picks. At least Gordon and picks has potential. Scola, Martin and Odom will be all in their 30's and get paid a combined +$30 mil to be mediocre in 2 years.

Nabeshin
12-11-2011, 09:25 PM
The Hornets are going to demand that Gorden be part of the deal, which the Clippers do not want to give up.

Jag4444
12-11-2011, 09:26 PM
The thing is though, the Clippers can back the Hornets into a wall so I don't think Gordon would be part of the deal (since they can sign him outright this offeseason). But we will see. I thought that NYK would have waited till Melo hit the market but I was wrong lol.

I'm not 100% sure about this but I think Gordon is a RFA after this year and he has already started re-negotiations with the Clips, and if he ever saw the open market I highly doubt he would go to the Hornets. He would probably go to a big market team or back home to Indy.

Iodine
To the guy who said "WELL THUR STILL 3RD OPTION LOLZ"

Well I would prefer to be able to have the ability to perfectly gamble and read the stock market, but we cant always get that

OA SLAY
:rolleyes:

Because I'm sure it's so bad to support more than one team. And make an obvious joke about me supporting the Clippers because of Griffin.

Support is one thing, But declaring a team as your Official team everytime a star rolls in makes u a clown. :cheer:

latinofire21
12-11-2011, 09:27 PM

I like that trade

ThunderousDemon
12-11-2011, 09:29 PM
Who's to say they won't win though?

The West is collapsing really quickly. The top 4 playoff teams are aging outside the Tunder and the bottom 4 have lost or look like they will lose very important players. Clippers have a good chance to make strides in the West if Paul teams up with Griffin and DeAndre.

Not a chance, they might make it to the playoffs but will not win a championship and DeAndre would have to be part of the deal to the hornets.The lakers as they stand now would beat the clippers even if they got CP3.

Iodine
12-11-2011, 09:30 PM
Im pretty sure Raps08 is just doing what I do: dickriding the hell out of whatever new thing he likes. In my case its KDizzle

Iodine
12-11-2011, 09:31 PM
Not a chance, they might make it to the playoffs but will not win a championship and DeAndre would have to be part of the deal to the hornets.The lakers as they stand now would beat the clippers even if they got CP3.

Besides the fact that he cant be in this deal

OA SLAY
You think you're a big boy by using all those facepalms?

Go facepalm all you want or try to be immature and take grade 5 spelling cheap shots all you want.

You haven't shown anything basketball wise as to prove how Odom, Scola and Martin benefits the Hornets in any way more than Gordon and picks. At least Gordon and picks has potential. Scola, Martin and Odom will be all in their 30's and get paid a combined +$30 mil to be mediocre in 2 years.

:facepalm:Once again, it doesnt.

:horse:

BigCityofDreams
Let's wait and see if this actually happens

ThunderousDemon
12-11-2011, 09:32 PM
Besides the fact that he cant be in this deal

Explain?

Raps18-19 Champ
12-11-2011, 09:33 PM
:facepalm:Once again, it doesnt.

:horse:

Like I said, use some facts or something basketball related to prove your point.

I've clearly shown how receiving Gordon and picks will benefit the Hornets because they get a top 10 SG who can delevop into a top 5 SG and with a deep draft, they can get another player with superstar potential.

If you wanna argue, use some points. Either that or get out of here and hang out with Pinnacle or something.

Iodine
12-11-2011, 09:33 PM
Explain?

The way the new CBA is, S&T's in his case would only allow for him singularly being traded I believe.

I could be wrong but thats my understanding

don'tfireNedCo
12-11-2011, 09:34 PM
Explain?

deandre is a RFA who just signed GS offer. a sign and trade cannot involve a packaged deal for the one who needs to be signed first. once the deal is matched by the clips FO he cannot be traded until around jan/feb by the league rule.

Raps18-19 Champ
12-11-2011, 09:35 PM
Im pretty sure Raps08 is just doing what I do: dickriding the hell out of whatever new thing he likes. In my case its KDizzle

Bingo.

I've always preferred the Clippers because of the fact that I hate LAL. Now that they have something bright in the future, naturally, that increases your interest.

Nabeshin
Support is one thing, But declaring a team as your Official team everytime a star rolls in makes u a clown. :cheer:

I second that, nothing worse than bandwagon jumpers.

ThunderousDemon
The way the new CBA is, S&T's in his case would only allow for him singularly being traded I believe.

Where can I find the new rules at because to my understanding they haven't been posted anywhere.

don'tfireNedCo

you are correct sir!

OA SLAY
12-11-2011, 09:36 PM
Gimme 1 reason why ANYONE would want to play for the Hornets.
Besides the food and French Quarter.

KingShango
12-11-2011, 09:36 PM
Trading Gordon and Jordan for CP3 though it seems like a lot for the Clippers in reality it is a win/win for both sides. Gordon and Jordan are on the threshold but still not stars. Who knows if they will ever be. On the other hand CP3... goes without saying that he is a superstar but his knees are not great (even though it gets overlooked because of what he can deliver when he is on the floor). Equally important for the Clippers CP3 and Blake Griffin is gonna sell way more tickets that Gordon, Jordan and Griffin ever will. If anyone thinks the lockout was about anything but revenue then I have a bridge for sale LOL!

ThunderousDemon
12-11-2011, 09:38 PM
you are correct sir!

Ok even they don't get DeAndre they would still have to give up Gordon+players+picks to get Paul who has made it clear he would rather go to the knicks or lakers and so it can't guarantee the Clips will get to keep him long term.

iggypop123
12-11-2011, 09:38 PM

$$$

BigCityofDreams
12-11-2011, 09:39 PM
I second that, nothing worse than bandwagon jumpers.

Word it's so annoying

*thinks about jumping off Lakers bandwagon...Knick bandwagon still looks promising*

Raps18-19 Champ

:laugh2:

The ignorance in this post is over the top. You're probably those type of ignorant peole who think people in Canada live in igloos. Or every Asian person eats dogs. Or gets scared because they see a Chinese drivers.

Who the hell are you to disrespect a city you know nothing about? Who the hell are you to say who wants to play for a franchise? Who the hell are you to judge a city?

KB-Pau-DH2012
It's the Clippers time to shine. I hope they get CP3 and he stays at least until the end of the 2012-13 season.

Sportfan
12-11-2011, 09:41 PM
Explain?
he signed an offer sheet. only can go to GSW or resign with Clippers

OA SLAY

:bang:

Avenged
If he doesn't come to the Lakers (which he isn't) I hope he goes to the Clippers. I'd be able to go watch him play live whenever I want. :D

Raps18-19 Champ
12-11-2011, 09:42 PM

So I guess you completely missed the Griffen part IN THE SAME POST.

I made it clear I supported the Clippers because I hate LAL. I just got more into the Clippers because they have a brighter future. And there's no way in hell you can fault me on that. It's part of life to have more interest when the future is brighter.

iggypop123
12-11-2011, 09:43 PM
gordon aminu bledoes kaman is an absolutely fair offer and if the clips refuse to offer that they are stupid

BigCityofDreams
12-11-2011, 09:44 PM
So I guess you completely missed the Griffen part IN THE SAME POST.

I made it clear I supported the Clippers because I hate LAL. I just got more into the Clippers because they have a brighter future. And there's no way in hell you can fault me on that. It's part of life to have more interest when the future is brighter.

It's the Clippers they will f it up somehow.

Raps18-19 Champ
12-11-2011, 09:45 PM

The Grizzlies gave the Thunder a hell of a battle in the playoffs. Clippers have the potential for that as well in the playoffs where they can give current contenders a run for their money. I never said they will win the title. I said they can be legit contenders. Which they would be.

don'tfireNedCo
12-11-2011, 09:46 PM
Ok even they don't get DeAndre they would still have to give up Gordon+players+picks to get Paul who has made it clear he would rather go to the knicks or lakers and so it can't guarantee the Clips will get to keep him long term.

and believe me, most of us in our forum do not want to give up all that much for 2 year rental. but i don't think the lakers or the knicks would have cap space to sign CP3 as a FA.

gordon aminu bledoes kaman is an absolutely fair offer and if the clips refuse to offer that they are stupid

call me stupid then, but EJ is already a top 5 SG and only 23. and we haven't seen his best yet. i don't want to give him up especially that he is eager to extend with us now and stay a clipper for a guy with shot knees and diva attitude.

shep33
12-11-2011, 09:47 PM

Won't go through I bet, David Aldridge specifically said that the Hornets/Sterns want young players and picks

Chronz
12-11-2011, 09:47 PM
The Hornets are going to demand that Gorden be part of the deal, which the Clippers do not want to give up.
Stalemate

New Orleans has no leverage because CP3 won't extend

KnicksR4Real
12-11-2011, 09:48 PM
hmmmm

BullsFTW
12-11-2011, 09:48 PM
Would love to see CP3 with Blake...He's also a great fit with Durant in OKC

E. Gordon + Kaman + Picks for CP3 is a fair trade or Westbrook + Fillers for CP3

Raps18-19 Champ
12-11-2011, 09:49 PM
It's the Clippers they will f it up somehow.

Knicks got it right after years of misery. Who's to say the Clippers can't?

Or are we going to be ignorant and say just because it's the Clippers, it's guaranteed that they will mess up? :rolleyes:

Theyhateme459
12-11-2011, 09:51 PM
Does not make sense to me why the clippers would give up so much....

This is how I see it...

CP3 can become a FA in 6 months and do a simple sign and trade with the team he wants to go to. OF the teams the wants to go to NYN/LAL/LAC only the clippers would probably have the $$$ to get it done (Not based on facts, thats my speculation). So they could add CP3 then without giving up so many pieces. It would be better to add him on to what they have, than to scrap most of what they have to acquire him.

Iodine
12-11-2011, 09:53 PM
and believe me, most of us in our forum do not want to give up all that much for 2 year rental. but i don't think the lakers or the knicks would have cap space to sign CP3 as a FA.

call me stupid then, but EJ is already a top 5 SG and only 23. and we haven't seen his best yet. i don't want to give him up especially that he is eager to extend with us now and stay a clipper for a guy with shot knees and diva attitude.

EJ is gonna be top 3 next year if things go well.

From a pure basketball move both sides could easily see why they should or should not do it, but don't you think the clipps also are heavily considering the impact it has on PR and buzz

UPRock
12-11-2011, 09:54 PM
If he signs a long term deal sure, but if not their going to give 2 much for Paul.

shep33
12-11-2011, 09:55 PM
I doubt he signs there long term... remember who the owner of that team is.

BigCityofDreams
12-11-2011, 09:56 PM
Knicks got it right after years of misery. Who's to say the Clippers can't?

Or are we going to be ignorant and say just because it's the Clippers, it's guaranteed that they will mess up? :rolleyes:

Yea because it is the Clippers. They are like the Mets in a way just when they turn things around they screw up.

Iodine
12-11-2011, 09:57 PM
Don't quote the troll guys, just report him and chuckle to yourself

elizur
Dude, you really need to get off Rubios ding-a-ling!
Have you ever even seen him play?:down:

I guess the concept of internet videos has gone over your head? Plus, he played against team USA on TV.

OA SLAY
hmmm. that is pretty damn racist? im on raps' side and i don't even know him

Im Mongolian, and theres no bettre meat than dog meat

5ass
I doubt he signs there long term... remember who the owner of that team is.

well he can sign with them or lose 30 million dollars, his choice.

OutOfTHEBLUE
12-11-2011, 10:00 PM
I'm curious to see what Clippers fans would be a fair offer for CP3.

don'tfireNedCo
12-11-2011, 10:02 PM

without extension but with him picking up the option?

Minny's pick+kaman+AFAorBledsoe

with no extension or option picked up? no deal unless they want to take kaman+gomes

Raps18-19 Champ
12-11-2011, 10:03 PM
Back on the topic, Hornets get a good value deal for this compared to Scola, Martin and Odom. Gives them young talent who can be a top 5 players at the SG position, a potential role players at SF and that pick could very well end up being a hidden gem. Minnesota will be in the lottery so that can be Barnes, Lamb, Drummond, etc for all we know.

5ass
12-11-2011, 10:04 PM

with no extension or option picked up? no deal unless they want to take kaman+gomes

with extension? would u replace gordon with the minny pick?

Raps18-19 Champ
12-11-2011, 10:06 PM
Yea because it is the Clippers. They are like the Mets in a way just when they turn things around they screw up.

That may be true that they have not had much luck. But are we really going to proclaim the future because of past mistakes. Just because it holds true in the past doesn't mean it's already a pre-determined destiny in the future.

Chronz
12-11-2011, 10:08 PM

I was thinking that too

Avenged
12-11-2011, 10:08 PM

That isn't fair for NO. You have to give up Gordon if he plans on staying past this season.

Chronz
12-11-2011, 10:11 PM

with extension? would u replace gordon with the minny pick?
He won't extend tho

shep33
12-11-2011, 10:12 PM
I think CP3 will hold out a little longer... he's gotta realize that he has to sign a max extension with them now and take the extra money, or else he can wait and maybe force a trade to the Lakers or Knicks. Not only is it about money though, but the Clippers as they are built right now, giving up picks and all its young talent for him, will not be the favorites out west. OKC and Dallas are still top tier right now. Memphis if they get Gasol back too

elizur
12-11-2011, 10:12 PM
Was a joke. im just messing with that fool.
But i heard dog meat is real good.

well, you are being racist and need to stop.

BigCityofDreams
12-11-2011, 10:13 PM
That may be true that they have not had much luck. But are we really going to proclaim the future because of past mistakes. Just because it holds true in the past doesn't mean it's already a pre-determined destiny in the future.

True things can change after a while but it starts with management and Donald Sterling isn't good in that department.

Chronz
12-11-2011, 10:13 PM

That isn't fair for NO. You have to give up Gordon if he plans on staying past this season.
Why?

don'tfireNedCo
12-11-2011, 10:15 PM
Was a joke. im just messing with that fool.
But i heard dog meat is real good.

still a bad joke dude.

Chronz
12-11-2011, 10:16 PM

True things can change after a while but it starts with management and Donald Sterling isn't good in that department.
Lol it starts with management? No it starts with talent

JOSKOMANG4
12-11-2011, 10:16 PM
3 WAY DEAL!!

- Kings acquire PG M.Williams

- Hornets acquire C/PF J.Thompson, PG E.Bledsoe, C/PF C Kaman, & Minnesota '12 unprotected 1st rd pick.

- Clippers acquire CP3

IAmARanger18
12-11-2011, 10:17 PM
Paul and Griffin would be insane together.

don'tfireNedCo

how so?

Avenged
Why?

Because you're getting the best point guard in the league. Is Chris Paul's value really that low that you guys think your second best player shouldn't be given?

I'm a big fan of Gordon myself and rate him higher than most but if we're talking about being "fair" AND Paul isn't just a 1 year rental then he has to go. Although N.O doesn't have leverage here anyways..

Sportfan
12-11-2011, 10:18 PM
Counter w/ Bledsoe, Kaman, & Minnesota Unprotected 1st rd pick in '12
Again, Boston's offer SHOULD (in the mind of everyone except ****ing Demps) beat that offer with ease.

don'tfireNedCo
12-11-2011, 10:19 PM
Counter w/ Bledsoe, Kaman, & Minnesota Unprotected 1st rd pick in '12

haha no we are not giving up minny's pick OR gordon for 1 year rental.

IF CP3 picks up his option we may part with the pick.

Sportfan
12-11-2011, 10:19 PM
haha no we are not giving up minny's pick OR gordon for 1 year rental.

IF CP3 picks up his option we may part with the pick.
Please be LAC's GM :pray:

GrandDaddyPurp
12-11-2011, 10:21 PM
So much for all you people saying that CP3 won't go to the Clips. I don't see how they get him without giving up Gordan though. Either way, I think they would be a better team regardless whether they give up Gordan or not.

Theyhateme459
12-11-2011, 10:24 PM
So much for all you people saying that CP3 won't go to the Clips. I don't see how they get him without giving up Gordan though. Either way, I think they would be a better team regardless whether they give up Gordan or not.

I think they would be better to be patient, wait until the summer and have them all together and minnys pick in what looks to be a deep upcoming draft class.

don'tfireNedCo
12-11-2011, 10:24 PM
Because you're getting the best point guard in the league. Is Chris Paul's value really that low that you guys think your second best player shouldn't be given?

I'm a big fan of Gordon myself and rate him higher than most but if we're talking about being "fair" AND Paul isn't just a 1 year rental then he has to go. Although N.O doesn't have leverage here anyways..

well you are not rating EJ high enough then. hypothetically speaking, would you have "rented" magic johnson if he wasn't drafted by your team, for 1-2 years if it meant giving up on kareem+worthy+future top 5 pick for say, in 87?
no you wouldn't, if you had no idea if he would stay or not after throwing a diva fit.

Chronz
12-11-2011, 10:25 PM
3 WAY DEAL!!

- Hornets acquire C/PF J.Thompson, PG E.Bledsoe, C/PF C Kaman, & Minnesota '12 unprotected 1st rd pick.

- Clippers acquire CP3
Great deal

BigCityofDreams
12-11-2011, 10:26 PM

Management dictates the tone of the organization. It's not luck that the most successful franchises in all sports have good management.

Chronz
12-11-2011, 10:28 PM
Why?

Your prolly right but I wouldn't do it . Who else can offer the minny pick + allstar big + 2 prospects?

shep33
12-11-2011, 10:29 PM
I'm gonna say he holds out for a couple more days... why rush it?

Avenged
12-11-2011, 10:29 PM
well you are not rating EJ high enough then. hypothetically speaking, would you have "rented" magic johnson if he wasn't drafted by your team, for 1-2 years if it meant giving up on kareem+worthy+future top 5 pick for say, in 87?
no you wouldn't, if you had no idea if he would stay or not after throwing a diva fit.

Magic or Gordon? I get what you're trying to say but that's a bad example..

Chris Paul is a top 5 player in the league, and the best PG. You have to take that risk for a player like CP3. But nowadays stars are being traded for players with "potential" and picks so you guys probably have a good shot anyways.

I'm just saying the "fair" thing to do for N.O would be to include Gordon. That doesn't necessarily mean it will happen.

BigCityofDreams
12-11-2011, 10:31 PM
I'm gonna say he holds out for a couple more days... why rush it?

To put an end to all the drama

Ryan328
12-11-2011, 10:32 PM
For argument sake let's say Clippers do the picks, Kaman, Aminu & Bledsoe for CP3 deal. With a starting 5 of:
Jordan- Griffin- Butler- Gordon- Paul, is that a top 4 team in the west? Because I think it is. Right behind LA, Dallas, Oklahoma City. And above Memphis (especially if they lose Gasol
& deal Mayo) & an older San Antonio team.

don'tfireNedCo
12-11-2011, 10:34 PM
3 WAY DEAL!!

- Clippers acquire CP3

i missed this post at first... and,

Great deal

yeah it is a good deal. if CP3 at least picks up his option, a great deal.

Avenged
12-11-2011, 10:36 PM
For argument sake let's say Clippers do the picks, Kaman, Aminu & Bledsoe for CP3 deal. With a starting 5 of:
Jordan- Griffin- Butler- Gordon- Paul, is that a top 4 team in the west? Because I think it is. Right behind LA, Dallas, Oklahoma City. And above Memphis (especially if they lose Gasol

That team is probably better than the Lakers. We have no depth even more-so with Odom gone for nothing.

Chronz
12-11-2011, 10:36 PM

Management dictates the tone of the organization. It's not luck that the most successful franchises in all sports have good management.
Why do I care about the tone of the franchise if its the talent that wins games.

THE GIPPER
12-11-2011, 10:42 PM

top 4 easily imo. I think they would be the best team in LA if the lakers dont get howard

don'tfireNedCo
12-11-2011, 10:43 PM
That team is probably better than the Lakers. We have no depth even more-so with Odom gone for nothing.

to be honest, as soon as odom started that dumb reality show with kardashian sister i knew it was doug christie all over again, and get the boot. he did it to himself, really.

GrandDaddyPurp
12-11-2011, 10:45 PM
I'm getting tired of all this trade speculation. I just want the season to start already! Give me some basketball!

Ryan328
12-11-2011, 10:47 PM
It's a good deal, but would the kings really take back another guard? Don't they have Jimmer, Garcia, Salmons, Evans, Thornton? Taking another guard back? Not too sure.

Ryan328
12-11-2011, 10:49 PM
Meant to quote that 3-way trade in my post. Still learning how to operate this app on my iPhone

NY_Risles
12-11-2011, 10:50 PM
im like losing respect for this guy.. i wanna go here, i wanna go here now, i dont wanna go there, i love melo, no i dont love melo, i like kobe, nah **** kobe, i love blake griffin's muscles, **** boston.

NYMetros
12-11-2011, 10:52 PM
If I'm the Lakers I just give in and try to get CP3. Put Bynum in the deal. IMO they were way too greedy in thinking that they could still get Dwight even after trading for CP3 so they wouldn't include Bynum. They should have just traded for Paul and gone into next year with CP3/Kobe/Artest/Odom/Okafor.

Chronz
12-11-2011, 10:53 PM
It's a good deal, but would the kings really take back another guard? Don't they have Jimmer, Garcia, Salmons, Evans, Thornton? Taking another guard back? Not too sure.
True but Mo was born to play with ball dominant SG. Him and Reke are a nice combo. Is Jimmer NBA ready?

BigCityofDreams
12-11-2011, 10:57 PM
Why do I care about the tone of the franchise if its the talent that wins games.

Because a terrible management team can derail the talent that you have. They are the ones that go out and acquire that talent.

thedon01
12-11-2011, 10:58 PM
with all respect the Clippers and Lakers are in LA which is the same market Stern rejected.

So if the Clippers get to have Paul the argument will no longer be about "large market teams pillaging small market teams for star players" but rather an argument specifically against the Los Angeles Lakers.

That will basically be a discriminatory action by Stern and the owners who argued against the Lakers approved trade scenario.

ClippersE.G
12-11-2011, 10:59 PM
I would not give up the "minny pick" or Eric Gordon to rent out Chris Paul for a year. It would be really stupid.

If anything I would package Chris Kaman along with a couple scrubs like Aminu and Gomes and THATS IT.

don'tfireNedCo
12-11-2011, 11:00 PM
Because a terrible management team can derail the talent that you have. They are the ones that go out and acquire that talent.

yeah that's why jerry krause won 6 trophies.

Raps18-19 Champ
12-11-2011, 11:00 PM
with all respect the Clippers and Lakers are in LA which is the same market Stern rejected.

So if the Clippers get to have Paul the argument will no longer be about "large market teams pillaging small market teams for star players" but rather an argument specifically against the Los Angeles Lakers.

That will basically be a discriminatory action by Stern and the owners who argued against the Lakers approved trade scenario.

Who said Stern rejected the deal over large market vs small market?

He rejected it because that trade was **** for NO.

Sportfan
12-11-2011, 11:01 PM
Do Clippers fans hate Rondo? I don't see why they don't just pursue him, locked up long term, equal passing skill, equal defensive skill, healthier, not as big of a drama queen as paul (they both can be, but paul looks to be worse) and cheaper price. Sure Paul is the much better scorer and overall better, but their's much less risk than CP3. With Gordon/BG/Butler/Jordan you're going to get the best of Rondo.

Rondo+Bass+Ariza to LAC

Minny pick, LAC pick (from boston) Boston pick JaJuan Johnson Eric Bledsoe and JO expiring to NOH

Paul and Kaman to Boston.

everyone wins!

BigCityofDreams
12-11-2011, 11:01 PM

I see this is going to be a long night.

Raps18-19 Champ
12-11-2011, 11:03 PM
Do Clippers fans hate Rondo? I don't see why they don't just pursue him, locked up long term, equal passing skill, equal defensive skill, healthier, not as big of a drama queen as paul (they both can be, but paul looks to be worse) and cheaper price. Sure Paul is the much better scorer and overall better, but their's much less risk than CP3. With Gordon/BG/Butler/Jordan you're going to get the best of Rondo.

Rondo+Bass+Ariza to LAC

Minny pick, LAC pick (from boston) Boston pick JaJuan Johnson Eric Bledsoe and JO expiring to NOH

everyone wins!

Celtics get Kaman-KG-Pierce-Allen-CP3?

How fair is that?

Better-Than-You
[QUOTE=sportfan6197;20079832]Do Clippers fans hate Rondo? I don't see why they don't just pursue him, locked up long term, equal passing skill, equal defensive skill, healthier, not as big of a drama queen as paul (they both can be, but paul looks to be worse) and cheaper price. Sure Paul is the much better scorer and overall better, but their's much less risk than CP3. With Gordon/BG/Butler/Jordan you're going to get the best of Rondo.

Rondo+Bass+Ariza to LAC

everyone wins![/QUOTE
why would they help you and if they are equal, why is boston trying so hard to trade for paul?

BigCityofDreams

But yet the NO GM was being praised for the deal.

Avenged

Part of it. I mean the trade wasn't as bad as you're making it seem for the present. If we're talking about the future then yeah I can see it. Keep in mind that at that time this was the best offer N.O had gotten.

But part of it did have to do with the Lakers being a large market. They were complaining that a Superstar who plays for a small market was leaving them for a bigger market. The whole point of the lockout was to prevent that from happening.

Chronz
12-11-2011, 11:04 PM

Lol, terrible management still drafts Blake and people flock to him.

Anyways the point I should be making is that management has done very well this decade. I just don't think it matters in this situation.

don'tfireNedCo
12-11-2011, 11:04 PM

Rondo+Bass+Ariza to LAC

everyone wins!

can you visualize rondo and DJ on a pick and roll?

Chronz
12-11-2011, 11:06 PM

Lmfao, that was the first example in my head, to be fair MJ had to stop him from ruining the team a couple of times.

Raps18-19 Champ
But yet the NO GM was being praised for the deal.

Those people are idiots. NO was getting value talent wise in return. But it helps them in no way at all.

And for people who would actually want to trade their superstar for Odom-Scola and Martin and try to win or rebuild with those pieces, you need some holy water poured on you or something. Because like I said, other teams(such as the Clippers) have caved on their stance and are now pursuing Paul.

don'tfireNedCo
Anyways the point I should be making is that management has done very well this decade. I just don't think it matters in this situation.

yes, DTS has actually been trying for the last decade. people are still stuck on the old reputation. funny thing is most of these cats aren't old enough to remember the bad clippers franchise. god the elgin baylor era was bad. truly bad...

Sportfan
12-11-2011, 11:07 PM
[QUOTE=sportfan6197;20079832]Do Clippers fans hate Rondo? I don't see why they don't just pursue him, locked up long term, equal passing skill, equal defensive skill, healthier, not as big of a drama queen as paul (they both can be, but paul looks to be worse) and cheaper price. Sure Paul is the much better scorer and overall better, but their's much less risk than CP3. With Gordon/BG/Butler/Jordan you're going to get the best of Rondo.

Rondo+Bass+Ariza to LAC

everyone wins![/QUOTE
why would they help you and if they are equal, why is boston trying so hard to trade for paul?
they aren't equal overall, i said that paul is obviously overall better, but with the people around him in LA Rondo would be an amazing passer like cp3, and still an amazing defender. Paul is a guy to build around and provide offense which celtics need

thedon01
12-11-2011, 11:09 PM

if you rewind and revisit the emails from the owners the original argument was against large market teams acquiring star players from small market teams through player leveraging. It's the whole reason Gilbert was furious about Lebron and still have anger brewing over the situation a year later.

Stern intervened only because of those emails and painted the picture that the deal sucked. There was 0 indication that Stern was against the deal or could give a **** less until the owners started making a big stink. Google it and you'll see the discussions about "how could stern allow Paul to be traded to NY or Boston if he wouldnt accept LA?" The excuse he used "for basketball reasons" is a polite way of encompassing everything about basketball. It's so general that any excuse or reason would fall under that title.

And beyond that, how was the deal bad for NO. They're getting quality players who are or should be starters on their respected teams not to mention a 1st rnd draft pick. If they didnt trade Paul to a team he wanted he'd walk in free agency and they'd get squat in return. NO was getting the best out of the deal.

Chronz
12-11-2011, 11:09 PM

Rondo+Bass+Ariza to LAC

everyone wins!
We've discussed him before, all other options should be explored before trading for him. Ill give up Kaman but we have no use for Ariza now.

Sportfan
12-11-2011, 11:10 PM
can you visualize rondo and DJ on a pick and roll?
i've never really seen Deandre play so no :laugh2:

ChurcH
12-11-2011, 11:11 PM
Man, they want the King's ransom.

Raps18-19 Champ
12-11-2011, 11:13 PM
Part of it. I mean the trade wasn't as bad as you're making it seem for the present. If we're talking about the future then yeah I can see it. Keep in mind that at that time this was the best offer N.O had gotten.

But part of it did have to do with the Lakers being a large market. They were complaining that a Superstar who plays for a small market was leaving them for a bigger market. The whole point of the lockout was to prevent that from happening.

For the present, that does nothing for the Hornets but make them miss the playoffs so they are stuck being mediocre without any pieces for the future.

And why do I have to keep that in mind? Just because people were really that closed minded to think that was the only offer they would get? I knew from the beginning that the Hornets would get a better offer. I was right. Stern probably thought the same thing. Where people really that blinded not to be able to even think the same thing? And they have the nerve to make threads such as "Boycott the NBA" and other ****?

While people are complaining Stern screwed the Hornets over, he's actually thinking like a real GM and could have saved the franchise. Because if I knew I was on the verge of being contracted, I sure as hell wouldn't make a trade to make contraction more likely. Cuz Martin, Scola and Odom would have made contraction all but guaranteed.

As for the market thing, I don't really see the Clippers as a big market team. Because while they play in LA, their market is relatively small. In terms of fans, they lacked a lot before Griffin. Before Griffin, no one talked about them. So basically, they were left in the shadow for years despite playing in LA. So I don't consider them a big market.

don'tfireNedCo
12-11-2011, 11:13 PM
i've never really seen Deandre play so no :laugh2:

let's just say it won't result to a productive possession.

also, just imagine the last minutes of a close game, when we have rondo(58% FT) griffin (64%) and DJ(45%) on the floor together......:facepalm:

ellisgw
12-11-2011, 11:14 PM
the clippers can get both paul and howard if you think about it by trading blake for howard.

Sportfan
12-11-2011, 11:15 PM
We've discussed him before, all other options should be explored before trading for him. Ill give up Kaman but we have no use for Ariza now.
only reason i thought of ariza was for defense since butler isn't well known for it. I don't think EG is that great of a defender either. And you guys have cap for now to take it on :shrug:

Raps18-19 Champ
12-11-2011, 11:16 PM
if you rewind and revisit the emails from the owners the original argument was against large market teams acquiring star players from small market teams through player leveraging. It's the whole reason Gilbert was furious about Lebron and still have anger brewing over the situation a year later.

Stern intervened only because of those emails and painted the picture that the deal sucked. There was 0 indication that Stern was against the deal or could give a **** less until the owners started making a big stink.

And beyond that, how was the deal bad for NO. They're getting quality players who are or should be starters on their respected teams not to mention a 1st rnd draft pick. If they didnt trade Paul to a team he wanted he'd walk in free agency and they'd get squat in return. NO was getting the best out of the deal.

Would you trade CP3 for MArtin, Scola and Odom over someone like Gordon and picks? Or Curry and picks? Or Rondo and picks? Because Martin, Scola and Odom does nothing for them both in the present and future. Those guys are nowhere near star level and will be bums in 2 years. In 2 years, Curry, Gordon and Rondo will have developed into something better.

In fact, I ask anyone to step up and say that they are willing to let their team be led by Kevin Martin, Lamar Odom and Luis Scola. Because while everyone is saying it was a fair deal, I have yet to see anyone admit they would be comfortable with that trio leading their team to the promise land.

king4day
12-11-2011, 11:18 PM
Clarification: noted LAC would need CP3 long-term to include Minn 1st. Long term is opting in for the 12-13 season. which i'm told he will.

http://twitter.com/RicBucher

PraiseJesus
12-11-2011, 11:19 PM
Veto this Stern

don'tfireNedCo
12-11-2011, 11:20 PM
the clippers can get both paul and howard if you think about it by trading blake for howard.

haha no.

only reason i thought of ariza was for defense since butler isn't well known for it. I don't think EG is that great of a defender either. And you guys have cap for now to take it on :shrug:

no we don't.

we signed caron and now with DJ's extension we won't have no cap space left. that's part of the reason why clipperfans are disgruntled with DJ for not taking the original offer and signing with GS to be matched by us.

Better-Than-You
12-11-2011, 11:21 PM
[/B]
[QUOTE=Better-Than-You;20079874]
they aren't equal overall, i said that paul is obviously overall better, but with the people around him in LA Rondo would be an amazing passer like cp3, and still an amazing defender. Paul is a guy to build around and provide offense which celtics need

Why would they help you? Best pg in the game and pair him with Griffin or Rondo a good pg that can't shoot very well and apparently there is something wrong with him since the Celtics are trying awfully hard to get rid of him. Paul doesn't like Boston. He's definitely not going there.

Better-Than-You
12-11-2011, 11:23 PM
Stern better veto this or He's going to need bodyguards when he watches the Lakers at staples during the 2012 nba finals :)

NBA_Starter
12-11-2011, 11:23 PM
Clips will be sick depending on if they can keep EG.

Sportfan
12-11-2011, 11:24 PM
RicBucher Ric Bucher
New info on CP3/Clippers: since Stern vetoed LAL deal, offer will have to be clearly better. May have to include Gordon & Minn pick to pass.
3 hours ago

thedon01
12-11-2011, 11:26 PM
Would you trade CP3 for MArtin, Scola and Odom over someone like Gordon and picks? Or Curry and picks? Or Rondo and picks? Because Martin, Scola and Odom does nothing for them both in the present and future. Those guys are nowhere near star level and will be bums in 2 years. In 2 years, Curry, Gordon and Rondo will have developed into something better.

In fact, I ask anyone to step up and say that they are willing to let their team be led by Kevin Martin, Lamar Odom and Luis Scola. Because while everyone is saying it was a fair deal, I have yet to see anyone admit they would be comfortable with that trio leading their team to the promise land.

with respect your argument is missing something and that's the player's decision. This is the reason why we the fans rant on forums and arent the ones actually making the trades.

1. Chris Paul has no fate over where NO decides to trade him because he doesnt have a NTC.

2. BUT, Chris Paul can leverage his destination by saying he will not sign an extension with anyone other than the LA Lakers. What this does it make any opposing teams who are interested in trading for Paul have to accept that his presence would be as a rental.

3. Now ask yourself if you were Boston and you know Paul doesnt want to play there and will not sign an extension would you trade Rondo and picks for a disgruntled rental?

4. If you're the owner or GM of the Hornets and you realize that your star player has a preferred destination and will not resign an extension with your club then you have to find away to maximize your return the best you can.

5. You're not going to trade Paul for a premier player in return. It never happens that way. you trade a star player and stock up quality players and quality picks. The Lakers did it with Shaq and there's no reason to believe it wouldnt happen with NO. The Hornets are low on bodies and need quality players. they're getting 3 starters and a first round pick.

That's a solid deal. i'm sorry if you don't agree, but it sucks when a team loses their star player, but you have to take what you can get or risk losing him in free agency and get nothing in return. Would you rather lose Paul in free agency and get 0 or get the deal that was on the table? You have to think about that in your argument.

PraiseJesus
Quote:
RicBucher Ric Bucher
New info on CP3/Clippers: since Stern vetoed LAL deal, offer will have to be clearly better. May have to include Gordon & Minn pick to pass.
3 hours ago
hahahhahahahaha

So now Stern thinks he can set the value of a player????

This is beyond hilarious now.

I really dont think New Orleans will be able to trade Paul now

airforceones25
CP3
EJ
Butler
Griffin
Jordan

Staples Center is about to get real interesting!

FaM0us Skins
12-11-2011, 11:28 PM
the hornets want too much in that trade

Better-Than-You
12-11-2011, 11:28 PM
LAC is a big market team though, wth with this hypocrisy Stern???

don'tfireNedCo
12-11-2011, 11:29 PM
http://twitter.com/RicBucher

man i would hate to lose both EJ AND the minny's pick.

Dodgers99
12-11-2011, 11:29 PM
If he is in fact willing to opt-in for 12-13, i'd be willing to go Kaman, AFA, Bledsoe, Minny pick.

Wade>You
12-11-2011, 11:30 PM
man i would hate to lose both EJ AND the minny's pick.Clippers need to take the gamble, this is their franchise's opportunity to shed their history and get people to view them in a different light.

Sportfan
[/B][QUOTE=sportfan6197;20079954]

Why would they help you? Best pg in the game and pair him with Griffin or Rondo a good pg that can't shoot very well and apparently there is something wrong with him since the Celtics are trying awfully hard to get rid of him. Paul doesn't like Boston. He's definitely not going there.

Better than trading Gordon and having a hole at SG for paul .

don'tfireNedCo
LAC is a big market team though, wth with this hypocrisy Stern???

i've been a clipperfan for nearly all of my life, and believe me clippers is NOT a big market team. back in the 80s and 90s there were just a few hundreds of fans at any game in LA sports arena. you could yell at a friend across the floor in upper deck and they could hear you and yell back.

airforceones25
12-11-2011, 11:31 PM
Hoping it ends up being something like this

Kaman, Bledsoe, Gomes, Minny 1st..... AFA probably included though

don'tfireNedCo
12-11-2011, 11:32 PM
If he is in fact willing to opt-in for 12-13, i'd be willing to go Kaman, AFA, Bledsoe, Minny pick.

i would do that deal, but Im sure they want both minny's pick and EJ.

PraiseJesus
i've been a clipperfan for nearly all of my life, and believe me clippers is NOT a big market team. back in the 80s and 90s there were just a few hundreds of fans at any game in LA sports arena. you could yell at a friend across the floor in upper deck and they could hear you and yell back.

IT alllllll makes sense now.

You are HAPPY that Stern vetoed the LAkers because you are a Clipper fan.

You are sick of the Lakers dominating this city and you wanted CP3 to go to the Clippers.

hahaha

That is beyond lame

zoned88
cp3 is probably so fed up he'll sign with anyone at this point just to leave NO.. doubt he stays past the option though.

LakersIn5
12-11-2011, 11:33 PM
Chris Paul reportedly was traded to the lakers

Dodgers99
12-11-2011, 11:33 PM
i would do that deal, but Im sure they want both minny's pick and EJ.

Probably. Its just a bit of posturing right now.

LakersIn5
12-11-2011, 11:34 PM
Chris Paul is just trolling around like deron. they will make the clippers and nets expect that they will resign but they will leave after this season

5ass
12-11-2011, 11:35 PM
IMO let the clippers send them their pick+gordon+kaman for cp3+ariza and call it a day

kylem4711
Clippers need to take the gamble, this is their franchise's opportunity to shed their history and get people to view them in a different light.

this!!!

VCaintdead17
Wait. What? How can Stern veto this? The Clippers aren't owned by the league.

airforceones25
I'm almost certain it will be one or the other when it comes to EJ and Minny 1st..

If the Hornets opt to rebuild with youth and draft picks, a source close to the situation has said they covet the Clippers' unprotected 2012 first-round pick from the Timberwolves. The coming draft is expected to be very strong, and Hornets general manager Dell Demps had his eyes on the pick and Warriors guard Stephen Curry above all else as part of that strategy. Eric Gordon is on Demps' wish list as well, though sources close to the Clippers have maintained that the shooting guard would not be made available.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/sam_amick/12/11/clippers.chris.paul/index.html

Marques24kobe
hahahhahahahaha

So now Stern thinks he can set the value of a player????

This is beyond hilarious now.

I really dont think New Orleans will be able to trade Paul now

What gave that away... The first two trades that got vetoed. Stern shot himself in the foot. Paul is leaving FA or for a trade that will cripple a franchise, it's the only way now.

Avenged

You are sick of the Lakers dominating this city and you wanted CP3 to go to the Clippers.

hahaha

That is beyond lame

Why wouldn't he want that???

don'tfireNedCo
12-11-2011, 11:36 PM
Clippers need to take the gamble, this is their franchise's opportunity to shed their history and get people to view them in a different light.

but that's a huge gamble. EJ is a sure thing and only 23. most importantly, he is one stud who has embraced the clippers franchise and wants to remain a clipper. that tells me we already have turned the corner.

as far as other teams' fans, i couldn't care any less what they think of us. those of us who's been with this team for decades know how loyal we are. we'll just attract a bunch of bandwagoners from the other team in LA. we have been selling out lately as is.

Dodgers99
12-11-2011, 11:36 PM
Wait. What? How can Stern veto this? The Clippers aren't owned by the league.

The Hornets are. That's the whole issue.

don'tfireNedCo
12-11-2011, 11:37 PM

hahaha

That is beyond lame

of course i am a clipper fan, don't you see my avatar? i have been since i was in junior high back in 87. :facepalm: do you really think everyone on the planet kisses purple and piss arse?

kjoke
12-11-2011, 11:38 PM
Just give them Your pick and EG. Not the minny pick

Raps18-19 Champ
12-11-2011, 11:38 PM
with respect, but your argument is missing something and that's the player's decision. This is the reason why we the fans rant on forums and arent the ones actually making the trades.

1. Chris Paul has no fate over where NO decides to trade him because he doesnt have a NTC.

2. BUT, Chris Paul can leverage his destination by saying he will not sign an extension with anyone other than the LA Lakers. What this does it make any opposing teams who are interested in trading for Paul have to accept that his presence would be as a rental.

3. Now ask yourself if you were Boston and you know Paul doesnt want to play there and will not sign an extension would you trade Rondo and picks for a disgruntled rental?

4. If you're the owner or GM of the Hornets and you realize that your star player has a preferred destination and will not resign an extension with your club then you have to find away to maximize your return the best you can.

5. You're not going to trade Paul for a premier player in return. It never happens that way. you trade a star player and stock up quality players and quality picks. The Lakers did it with Shaq and there's no reason to believe it wouldnt happen with NO. The Hornets are low on bodies and need quality players. they're getting 3 starters and a first round pick.

That's a solid deal. i'm sorry if you don't agree, but it sucks when a team loses their star player, but you have to take what you can get or risk losing him in free agency and get nothing in return. Would you rather lose Paul in free agency and get 0 or get the deal that was on the table? You have to think about that in your argument.

1. You're right. So wherever he is traded, he is traded.

2. He can leverage by threatening he won't sign anywhere but here. But if I was Clippers management, I can call his bluff and trade him anywhere as long as I get an offer from another team. And they are getting offers. So who the hell is Paul to say where he wants to go? If the Wolves offer me Rubio and Kevin Love and they are willing to risk him leaving, Paul can't do **** but go there.

3. Boston said they were willing to risk him not resigning. Paul, also being the ***** that he is, said he wouldn't sign unless it was the Lakers and Knicks. Only to say that "Hey, I think I'll sign with the Clippers too". Why do we take everyone's work here for granted? They say things just for the sake of it. Half the time, they turn back on it.

4. So why does maximizing value have to be with the Lakers because that's his spot? Because the Clippers offer is much more appealing than the bums that Scola, Martin and Odom will be in 2 years.

5. I never said you had to get a superstar back. I said you trade him for young assets over useless bums that tehy would have gotten in that LAL-HOU-NOH deal.

And to answer your question, I wouldn't have to lose Paul in FA. I don't need to consider that in my argument. Losing him in FA isn't even a realistic possibility. Because I know if I was management, I'd get any offer regardless. I don't get why people bring up him walking as a possibility. News flash: It's not realistic to threaten the Hornets with that FA crap because they aren't stupid and they know they will get a trade offer regardless.

And please don't bring up that stupid "They need players so they have to take this deal" crap. Because I rather go through this year of **** knowing I'll get good picks in next year's draft and an established up and comer in Gordon over bums that Scola, Odom and Martin will become in the near future. Hell Gordon is better than Martin. And I can guarantee 2 picks will be better than Scola and Odom(They'll get 2 picks in the trade and the fact taht they'll suck so that's another 1st rounder)

Evolution23
12-11-2011, 11:39 PM
- broussard

wow that's def a better deal than the Lakers.

VCaintdead17
The Hornets are. That's the whole issue.

:facepalm: I feel dumb now.

But I see no reason why this would be vetoed. NOLA is getting a lot back.

PraiseJesus
of course i am a clipper fan, don't you see my avatar? i have been since i was in junior high back in 87. :facepalm: do you really think everyone on the planet kisses purple and piss arse?

The bitterness oozes from your text.

Its your fault for supporting a team with the most selfish and money hungry owner in the NBA.

Thats not Jerry Buss's fault

Cal827
12-11-2011, 11:40 PM
If the Owners veto this one, this league is going to fail in the next couple years, cause it's a win-win trade. NO can rebuild and look more interesting to a potential buyer (Potential), while the Clippers will give the Lakers a run for their money in LA and might become the big market that everyone wanted... They almost pulled something similar to this when they almost got a Very good Baron Davis... but Elton Brand left for a couple hundred thousand more.

don'tfireNedCo
12-11-2011, 11:40 PM
Probably. Its just a bit of posturing right now.

man even if EJ leaves i am still gonna rock his jersey every time they come to portland. my wife stole my griffin jersey anyway...

this!!!

i hope you are right, kyle. i truly hope this isn't a lateral move that results in CP3 bolting out like ron harper and danny manning.

don'tfireNedCo
12-11-2011, 11:42 PM
The bitterness oozes from your text.

Its your fault for supporting a team with the most selfish and money hungry owner in the NBA.

Thats not Jerry Buss's fault

lmao i have never been a lakerfan so i wouldn't give a rats ***

310Casper
12-11-2011, 11:42 PM
cp3 alley oops to griffin.

:speechless:

They will probably sell 1000+ season tickets within the next 7 days, just like the Angels did after signing Pujols.