PDA

View Full Version : West doesn't know if he likes DeAndre

TahoeSteve
12-11-2011, 08:24 PM
http://blog.sfgate.com/warriors/2011/12/11/jerry-west-on-deandre-jordan-im-just-not-really-sure-about-him/

MackShock
12-11-2011, 08:29 PM
well if West dont like him, then we shouldnt lol.

but what if he explodes? hell be 27 for his next contract..in his prime

TahoeSteve
12-11-2011, 08:30 PM
After reading the interview I would love to be a fly on the wall in those rooms. Sounds like the executive team is working really hard to make something happen.

TahoeSteve
12-11-2011, 08:33 PM
Would he be a RFA or UFA?

When he's 27?

MackShock
12-11-2011, 08:34 PM
not sure of the terms on his deal..i guess well find out

TahoeSteve
12-11-2011, 08:37 PM
not sure of the terms on his deal..i guess well find out

Just saw on Golden State of Mind 4 years / 43 million... source says Clips will match.

ellisgw
12-11-2011, 08:59 PM
how many player personnel and executives do you think are help making decisions ?

don'tfireNedCo
12-11-2011, 09:01 PM
Would he be a RFA or UFA?

When he's 27?

UFA by then.

MackShock
12-11-2011, 09:19 PM
Just saw on Golden State of Mind 4 years / 43 million... source says Clips will match.

i meant..if he will be ufa or rfa player option team option etc

TrueFan420
12-11-2011, 09:23 PM
What was interesting to read was when west said, "Fans are always impatient, and, trust me, ownership is just as impatient." We all know this but is he specifically talking about this decision to sign Jordan? If so we could have just shot ourselves in the foot.

Public Enemy #1
12-11-2011, 10:07 PM
Clippers matching. Offseason continues to be a total joke. All talk. I don't understand why they wouldn't at least try and get Gasol or Nene.

BKLYNpigeon
12-11-2011, 10:47 PM
Clippers matching. Offseason continues to be a total joke. All talk. I don't understand why they wouldn't at least try and get Gasol or Nene.

Warriors dont have enough cap space.

Rockets are going to offer a MAX contract to Marc Gasol in a Sign and Trade.

Nets are going to offer a MAX contract to Nene, if they dont get Howard.

COOLbeans
12-11-2011, 10:48 PM
West not liking him won't matter if we don't get him. it would make sense that he says he doesnt like him since we're offering Jordan an amount that the Clippers are likely to match anyway.

BKLYNpigeon
12-11-2011, 10:48 PM
When you offer a contract that money is automatically tied up. you cant offer another contract unless you have the cap space or if that contract is denied.

BKLYNpigeon
12-11-2011, 10:51 PM
West not liking him won't matter if we don't get him. it would make sense that he says he doesnt like him since we're offering him an amount that the Clippers are likely to match anyway.

I dont think the Clippers will match it. The owner is cheap. Jordan was only making less then a million dollars last season. I hope the Warriors Front loaded the contract, making it hard for the Clippers to match it.

If the Clippers get CP3, they probably wont have enough money to keep Jordan.

MackShock
12-11-2011, 11:00 PM
I dont think the Clippers will match it. The owner is cheap. Jordan was only making less then a million dollars last season. I hope the Warriors Front loaded the contract, making it hard for the Clippers to match it.

i was gonna say theres no way they dont match..but then you mentioned paul.

but then they can match, trade for paul and amnesty chris kaman.

COOLbeans
12-11-2011, 11:00 PM

you make good points here. and believe me.. i have first hand knowledge of just how cheap sterling really is. it still doesn't mean that they're not getting a little more competitive with the obvious emergence of Griffin. i think they have to resign him if they're even thinking about trading Kaman.

Monta is beast
12-11-2011, 11:04 PM
I don't see one reason why the Clippers wouldn't match. The publicly said they would match any reasonable offer (we only offered 3 million more then the Clippers originally did), signing him to that contract would only put them 4 million over the cap, he is Griffins best friend, and they are trying to get ride of Kamen. If Warriors management were smart they would have Dan Gilbert call the Clippers and ask if Kamen is available, then they would know if there going to match Jordans offer. Because we all know Gilbert hates big market teams.

MackShock
12-11-2011, 11:05 PM
i wonder what sterling will do when blakes contract is up.

COOLbeans
12-11-2011, 11:08 PM
i wonder what sterling will do when blakes contract is up.

I was thinking the same thing when I wrote my last post. I think if they don't sign him and all indications are that Griffin would resign, then they would be a joke for the next 20 years and sterling would probably be forced to sell his team. you dont not resign guys like Blake Griffin. thats ridiculous.

MackShock
12-11-2011, 11:17 PM
sterling isnt an idiot..im sure he will..but there will be another team who was more cap space, so its up to him to make it happen..or take a paycut and stay loyal to a second rate LA team..

Lloyd Christmas
12-11-2011, 11:20 PM
Sterling was willing to give that huge deal to Baron, resign Brand to a huge deal, and resign Maggette. Brand just bailed. I think the Sterling being cheap thing is blown out of proportion a tad.

MackShock
12-11-2011, 11:23 PM
Sterling was willing to give that huge deal to Baron, resign Brand to a huge deal, and resign Maggette. Brand just bailed. I think the Sterling being cheap thing is blown out of proportion a tad.

hmm..and so was chris cohan being cheap and a horrible owner...

chris cohan was so hated that he didnt even attend the home games for fear of getting his butt whipped

in reality though, sterling has opened up his checkbook in recent years..and commend his front office for being the frontrunners to land chris paul.

TahoeSteve
12-11-2011, 11:26 PM

I keep seeing on the different sites, "a sources says the Clippers will match" who is the source?

I'm sick of these rumors consuming me. I almost feel like checking out until Wednesday afternoon. I've never searched the internet so much in my life. I have to say Yahoo Sports is pretty reliable... I've never really checked that them out until a week ago... most of the good info I get is from there.

We need to start a Warriors fan support site... this stuff is killing me.

COOLbeans
12-11-2011, 11:28 PM
I think the Clippers have been more hooribly run than anything. they've secured some contracts, but nothing in recent memory and not when it mattered most with guys like Brand and Miles and those guys. though they havent had a guy like Blake Griffin and they did sign Brand the first time.

Monta is beast
12-11-2011, 11:32 PM
I keep seeing on the different sites, "a sources says the Clippers will match" who is the source?

I'm sick of these rumors consuming me. I almost feel like checking out until Wednesday afternoon. I've never searched the internet so much in my life. I have to say Yahoo Sports is pretty reliable... I've never really checked that them out until a week ago... most of the good info I get is from there.

Lets do it.

lol, please
12-11-2011, 11:52 PM
Lets do it.

Or, we could just promote this site, and bring in more members:clap:

MackShock
12-12-2011, 12:03 AM

it's a god damn shame that we have resorted to social networking as a reliable means for a news source.

SMDH. Im talkin bout foreals..

Scoots
12-12-2011, 01:22 AM
"The Warriors only offered $3M more than the Clippers" ... What?!?! The Warriors offered more than $11M more than the Clippers offered. The Clippers offered $40M over 5 years or $8M a year, the Warriors offered $43M over 4 years or $10.75M per year ... (10.75 - 8) * 4 = 11 ... $11M more than the Clippers offered AND in the Clippers offer Jordan would be stuck in that contract for the 5th year while in the Warriors deal, if he performed, he would be looking to sign his next big contract for that 5th year, and could make $20M that year alone (assuming spending keeps going up) so the Warriors are offering $11M in real money more, plus an extra year of his career at a possible max contract level (if you use my WAG of $20M for that 5th year then the Warriors offer is actually worth $23M more than the Clippers offered). They offered big money for an unproven player.

The Warriors failures to land a player should not be put on the ownership or the front office ... the players and the agents choose the destination, and right now with these free agents, the Warriors were a tough sell.

MackShock
12-12-2011, 01:30 AM
good clarification Scoots

lol, please
12-12-2011, 01:55 AM
"The Warriors only offered $3M more than the Clippers" ... What?!?! The Warriors offered more than $11M more than the Clippers offered. The Clippers offered $40M over 5 years or $8M a year, the Warriors offered $43M over 4 years or $10.75M per year ... (10.75 - 8) * 4 = 11 ... $11M more than the Clippers offered AND in the Clippers offer Jordan would be stuck in that contract for the 5th year while in the Warriors deal, if he performed, he would be looking to sign his next big contract for that 5th year, and could make $20M that year alone (assuming spending keeps going up) so the Warriors are offering $11M in real money more, plus an extra year of his career at a possible max contract level (if you use my WAG of $20M for that 5th year then the Warriors offer is actually worth $23M more than the Clippers offered). They offered big money for an unproven player.

The Warriors failures to land a player should not be put on the ownership or the front office ... the players and the agents choose the destination, and right now with these free agents, the Warriors were a tough sell.
That's fine, after Mark Jackson brings us back to back championships, there will be a line of FA's going out the door.

Monta is beast
12-12-2011, 02:04 AM
So after doing all the math, if the Clippers decide to match the offer it would put them nearly 7 million over the cap. I still wouldn't be supervised if the Clippers match the offer because they could either trade or use the amnesty clause on Kamen, which would put them back under the cap by about 5 million.

BrandoCommando
12-12-2011, 02:13 AM
Is CP3 going to the Clips? I'm confused.

MackShock
12-12-2011, 02:15 AM
So after doing all the math, if the Clippers decide to match the offer it would put them nearly 7 million over the cap. I still wouldn't be supervised if the Clippers match the offer because they could either trade or use the amnesty clause on Kamen, which would put them back under the cap by about 5 million.

supervised? you mean surprised?

also, the cap only had to cover DJ's first year on the contrast numbers wise

Monta is beast
12-12-2011, 02:15 AM
Is CP3 going to the Clips? I'm confused.

Not that I have heard of. I think he said he would be willing to stay for the second year, but the Hornets & Clippers haven't reached an agreement on a trade yet.

Monta is beast
12-12-2011, 02:17 AM
supervised? you mean surprised?

also, the cap only had to cover DJ's first year on the contrast numbers wise

Haha yeah surprised lol. So do you think we get him, for nearly 12 million a year?

Lloyd Christmas
12-12-2011, 02:25 AM
Just wondering where you are getting the 12 mil/year from. Isn't 4 years 42.8 mil under 11 mil/year?

MackShock
12-12-2011, 02:34 AM
i say we dont. if we do, great. if not, im not really trippin..lets see how our team does..let the season start already

Monta is beast
12-12-2011, 03:12 AM
Just wondering where you are getting the 12 mil/year from. Isn't 4 years 42.8 mil under 11 mil/year?

My bad, the contract is reportedly front-loaded so it could be around 13 million a year to start.

Lloyd Christmas
12-12-2011, 03:17 AM
Got it. Well i guess signing Jordan to a contract where the first year being 5 million more then the Clippers were initially offering was worth a shot. Oh well.

MackShock
12-12-2011, 03:32 AM
stay tuned, nizzles.

Scoots
12-12-2011, 11:27 AM
The clippers need to clear some space to match, but regardless they already know if they are going to match and are just going to wait the max time just to twist the Warriors and keep them from bringing in their draft picks as long as possible.

PolloLoco
12-12-2011, 12:51 PM

Of course management needs to take most if not all the blame for the current fiasco. If they'd amnestied Biedrins instead of Bell - they'd have an additional 5 million per year to offer a top Center. That would have allowed credible offers for Nene, Gasol, Jordan. We'd have even more cap space if they had decided to amnesty Lee (which I wouldn't have done, however).

In short - management was cheap, and it leaves us in the current situation of getting Jordan (improbable when you consider the Clippers/Hornets trade) - or nothing. The Warriors will field the same squad as last year. Woo hoo.

MackShock
12-12-2011, 07:01 PM
^ and were not too far from the playoffs though..36 win team...only 33 needed to be .500 this year..should be cake

cali72888
12-12-2011, 08:22 PM
Sounds like a smokescreen to me

MackShock
12-12-2011, 08:26 PM
Sounds like a smokescreen to me

what does?

Scoots
12-13-2011, 11:38 AM
If the Ws amnesty Biedrins and offer $15M a year for Jordan, sure they get him, they lock up huge money for a huge question mark at C and are the laughing stock of the league. How does that help them as a team? They never wanted Nene. They made a real run at Chandler and he chose to go elsewhere for less money.

They have not been cheap. If anything they were too generous in a really weak free agent group.

If they followed your advice they might well be going into the season with Udoh starting at C.

likemystylez
12-13-2011, 11:43 AM
Of course management needs to take most if not all the blame for the current fiasco. If they'd amnestied Biedrins instead of Bell - they'd have an additional 5 million per year to offer a top Center. That would have allowed credible offers for Nene, Gasol, Jordan. We'd have even more cap space if they had decided to amnesty Lee (which I wouldn't have done, however).

In short - management was cheap, and it leaves us in the current situation of getting Jordan (improbable when you consider the Clippers/Hornets trade) - or nothing. The Warriors will field the same squad as last year. Woo hoo.

I think its more a lack of preperation and possibly 2 many voices in the room and not a clear game plan as to what the team wanted to accomplish going into the off season. it's really unacceptable considering how much time this front office had to prepare for what they knew would be a shortened free agent period.

Scoots
12-13-2011, 11:14 PM
I simply don't get these complaints ... which player would you have them get? They went hard after Chandler and went elsewhere for less money, they had no chance on Gasol, they didn't (and I don't) like Nene, they went hard after Jordan. Where is the failure in "planning"?

likemystylez
12-14-2011, 12:37 AM
I simply don't get these complaints ... which player would you have them get? They went hard after Chandler and went elsewhere for less money, they had no chance on Gasol, they didn't (and I don't) like Nene, they went hard after Jordan. Where is the failure in "planning"?

they should have communicated with the players or their agents to see if the players they were chasing had a strong enough desire to come to the warriors to make it worth wasting time on them. If no free agents were available, the front office should have looked at trades that could have been made with the warriors 10 million under the cap.

basically whats going to stop this from happening every single time the front office "trys" to get something done? Like someone said the warriors will never be NY or LA... so how on earth to they plan on turning this thing around?

likemystylez
12-14-2011, 12:39 AM
The complaints are basically that the front office prepared the fans for a splash this summer, talking about how much they had riding on this off season. telling the fans that they were holding off on making any big moves during last seasons deadline because they were going to bring in that big name this off season. then they bring in kwame brown at about 3 times what he is worth. it isnt a whole lot different than signing mikki moore.

Scoots
12-14-2011, 12:09 PM
I can see that, but I dont listen to the boasts of FO people in the offseason so that didn't bother me. Who would you have had them trade for? It looks to me like the only good C in the league is Howard. There are a bunch of okay Cs, but it's pretty darned thin right now.

Leandres_sf
12-14-2011, 05:31 PM
Like someone said the warriors will never be NY or LA... so how on earth to they plan on turning this thing around?

They only way they will be able to turn it around is to draft well and build that way...but I'm glad Lacob tried...hopefully he continues to try to add Free Agents, it may just take one to change the culture around here. Hopefully Jackson & West help with that, as well.

likemystylez
12-14-2011, 07:09 PM
They only way they will be able to turn it around is to draft well and build that way...but I'm glad Lacob tried...hopefully he continues to try to add Free Agents, it may just take one to change the culture around here. Hopefully Jackson & West help with that, as well.

great so... if klay thompson isnt the next kobe bryant we will continue to be screwed.... nice. We cant miss the playoffs another season, that cant be the game plan.... but it looks like the front office is trying to tank without really tanking.