PDA

View Full Version : Warriors amnesty Charlie Bell

steveweve
12-11-2011, 07:08 PM
"The Golden State Warriors have used their amnesty clause on Charlie Bell, according to press release."

http://twitter.com/AlexKennedyNBA

MackShock
12-11-2011, 07:09 PM
wow...idiots.

asandhu23
GTFO, Bell, you drunk bastard.

MackShock
IDIOTS!!! wtf

steveweve
12-11-2011, 07:10 PM
+ Clippers are expected to drag out a few days until they match our offer for Jordan :mad:

steveweve
12-11-2011, 07:11 PM
^^ Which might cause us to lose some more FA's

Lloyd Christmas
12-11-2011, 07:11 PM
This is the dumbest **** I've seen us do in a looooooooooong time! WTF are we doing? Please tell me this is just a precursor to a trade or something.

don'tfireNedCo
12-11-2011, 07:12 PM
hey what comes around goes around. you guys offered DJ contract just to have us overpay as usual, and we are dragging our feet to have you guys lose more FAs. as you guys have said it, its a chess move

steveweve
12-11-2011, 07:13 PM
^^ Get the **** out

steveweve
12-11-2011, 07:15 PM
I also hope DJ is a huge bust, ******. Have fun overpaying

Kdirt
12-11-2011, 07:18 PM
hey what comes around goes around. you guys offered DJ contract just to have us overpay as usual, and we are dragging our feet to have you guys lose more FAs. as you guys have said it, its a chess move

No offer sheet was signed yet.

warriors10
12-11-2011, 07:19 PM
i am sorry to say this but if u guys didnt see this thing coming, then u guys r smoking something

MackShock
12-11-2011, 07:20 PM
we were supposed to save the amnesty for lee maybe

MackShock
12-11-2011, 07:21 PM

haha..lol..i said its a chess move..but not for DJ..for marc gasol or rudy gay...

this is chess, it aint checkers :)

MackShock
12-11-2011, 07:22 PM
peep the avatar

Lloyd Christmas
12-11-2011, 07:22 PM
i am sorry to say this but if u guys didnt see this thing coming, then u guys r smoking something

What? If we didn't see the Warriors wasting the amnesty clause on a 4 million dollar expiring contract like a bunch of idiots?

steveweve
12-11-2011, 07:35 PM
http://twitter.com/intent/user?screen_name=johnhollinger

"By my math Warriors can offer DeAndre Jordan $43 million offer sheet now that QO to Reggie Wiliams was resicnded."

http://twitter.com/intent/user?screen_name=WojYahooNBA

"The sheet's getting delivered to the Clippers now, and they'll have 3 days to match the Warriors offer for the restricted free agent center."

:D

MackShock
12-11-2011, 07:37 PM
FIRE LARRY RILEY IMMEDIATELY..smh

Kdirt
12-11-2011, 07:45 PM
no comment

steveweve
12-11-2011, 07:46 PM
http://twitter.com/intent/user?screen_name=KBergCBS

"Clippers restricted free agent DeAndre Jordan has signed a four-year, $43 million offer sheet with the Warriors, source says."

Either we overpay and get the young center we need to be serious contenders for the post season, or we make the Clippers overpay him to hold Griffins hand.

If we get Jordan I'm definitely picking up a jersey ASAP

iFYouSeekAmy
12-11-2011, 07:46 PM
Smh. who's our scapegoat now? Bell could've been traded.. package him with a pick and they could've gotten something done. Disappointing start for the 'new' regime.

Mike515089
12-11-2011, 07:51 PM
Bell had nothing to offer for us. I seriously doubt anyone would take him in a trade all he is good for is occupying a roster spot. Lee fits in very nicely with the Warriors and with no one better to replace him I dont see what the problem is? Now if we had used the clause on Biedrins I wouldn't mind as he hasn't shown promise in years.

don'tfireNedCo
12-11-2011, 07:53 PM
haha..lol..i said its a chess move..but not for DJ..for marc gasol or rudy gay...

this is chess, it aint checkers :)

marc seemed to be headed to houston, no? let's wait and see if we'll take all 3 days to match that offer. and you're right shock, it ain't checkers:D

^^ Get the **** out

classy.

MackShock
12-11-2011, 07:54 PM
valuable trade chip, expiring contract. we couldve gotten a young player

warriors10
12-11-2011, 07:54 PM
What? If we didn't see the Warriors wasting the amnesty clause on a 4 million dollar expiring contract like a bunch of idiots?

the owners love david lee, so there is no chance he is being amensty and the warriors believe in andris beidrins, including me,

MackShock
12-11-2011, 07:55 PM
marc seemed to be headed to houston, no? let's wait and see if we'll take all 3 days to match that offer. and you're right shock, it ain't checkers:D

gasol is staying in memphis apparently..

but for now, well see if theyll match D's 4 years 43mill offer..

my guess is they will.

steveweve
12-11-2011, 07:57 PM

classy.

Nah its pretty classy for you to come here into our fourm for no apparent reason to laugh about the fact that you guys would drag it out until signing Jordan.

Have fun paying 4/43.

Monta is beast
12-11-2011, 07:59 PM
They must really think were getting Jordan, because why would you use the amnesty clause on a valuable contract. Team would have traded for Bell just to get money off the books next offseason.

don'tfireNedCo
12-11-2011, 08:06 PM
gasol is staying in memphis apparently..

but for now, well see if theyll match D's 4 years 43mill offer..

my guess is they will.

hey shock, you back in frisco or still in san diego?

MackShock
12-11-2011, 08:08 PM
Nah its pretty classy for you to come here into our fourm for no apparent reason to laugh about the fact that you guys would drag it out until signing Jordan.

Have fun paying 4/43.

dont hate on him man, hes a nice guy..i met him when i went over to clippers forum on game threads, and he didnt treat me like an outsider..hes chill.

Lloyd Christmas
12-11-2011, 08:20 PM
the owners love david lee, so there is no chance he is being amensty and the warriors believe in andris beidrins, including me,

Right. But we didn't have to use it this year. What's the point on using it now when we could use it on Lee down the road when his contract escalates? The move was completely idiotic unless we have something up our sleeves right now.

Bayareaboy
12-11-2011, 08:26 PM
Although this may seem like a really dumb move it let us keep beans and possibly get dj also. There is a tIme frame and they prob couldn't get rid of bell so they did the next best thing. Beans also put 10 pounds of muscle on so I'm hoping he's back.

MackShock
we had 6 years to use it..

MackShock
that dui really cost bell lol

Monta is beast
12-11-2011, 09:08 PM
This was a waste of the amnesty clause. We could have saved it for Lee or waited to use it on a bad contract. This is completely stupid if we don't get Jordan, which is seeming more and more likely.

Monta is beast
12-11-2011, 09:09 PM
Although this may seem like a really dumb move it let us keep beans and possibly get dj also. There is a tIme frame and they prob couldn't get rid of bell so they did the next best thing. Beans also put 10 pounds of muscle on so I'm hoping he's back.

I heard Curry put on 10 pounds of muscle to his upper body and Biedrins put on 15 pounds.

MackShock
12-11-2011, 09:11 PM
fire riley

TrueFan420
12-11-2011, 09:14 PM
wow this was stupid... what a waste

gswoaktown
12-11-2011, 09:27 PM
please don't call me an idiot for asking, but how often can you use the amnesty clause?

gswoaktown
12-11-2011, 09:27 PM
Isn't it once a year?

gswoaktown
12-11-2011, 09:28 PM
If I'm right, then why are you guys freaking out? We can amnesty Lee or Beans next year?

Monta is beast
12-11-2011, 09:39 PM
please don't call me an idiot for asking, but how often can you use the amnesty clause?

You can only use it once...

don'tfireNedCo
12-11-2011, 09:40 PM
we had 6 years to use it..

but only with contracts that were signed before the new CBA. only player if i was you to use it on was biedrins, but your GM knows something i don't

lmeas11
12-11-2011, 09:41 PM

Like Spiderman said, "You only get one."

Haha.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdr6SG_t1TU&feature=related

likemystylez
12-11-2011, 09:59 PM
They must really think were getting Jordan, because why would you use the amnesty clause on a valuable contract. Team would have traded for Bell just to get money off the books next offseason.

actully, I thought the options for the amnesty were Beidrins or Bell, if the warriors front office thought they were really getting Jordan, it would make more sense to unload beidrins. EZither way, if they were going to make the offer for dj, they shoulda done it friday night... they are wasting way too much time in a perioud when time is too valuable to throw away

Public Enemy #1
12-11-2011, 10:04 PM
I don't understand what they are doing, it basically sounds like all talk and no results. Sure, they are all over the rumors but when it comes down to making an offer, but can never come through

likemystylez
12-11-2011, 10:05 PM
I don't understand what they are doing, it basically sounds like all talk and no results. Sure, they are all over the rumors but when it comes down to making an offer, but can never come through

i think they hired the right coach too, cuz mark jackson seems like he is all talk too.

Kdirt
12-11-2011, 10:19 PM
Here is the logic of the team's FO:

If they are going to amnesty a player, they would rather it be a player that they will not use. Bell is worthless. Biedrins, regardless of him being a bad contract, can and will still be used especially considering we have no big bodies on this roster. Not the mention, the player amnestied still must be paid. Regardless of how rich you are, owners dont like paying over 25 million to a player that has been essentially cut loose. So Bell is the choice.

Lloyd Christmas
12-11-2011, 10:22 PM

If they are going to amnesty a player, they would rather it be a player that they will not use. Bell is worthless. Biedrins, regardless of him being a bad contract, can and will still be used especially considering we have no big bodies on this roster. Not the mention, the player amnestied still must be paid. Regardless of how rich you are, owners dont like paying over 25 million to a player that has been essentially cut loose. So Bell is the choice.

Which would make sense if we only could use it this year.

likemystylez
12-11-2011, 10:27 PM

if you are trying to pinch pennies then .... this front office is even more of a joke. Go big or go home when it comes to a tool like this. Its too great of an opportunity to improve your team for an owner to worry about the money. Using the amnesty on charlie bell was right along the lines of cutting raja bell and speedy claxton a few yrs ago and not trading their expiring deals.... USing it on bell was a chris cohan type move any way you slice it.

gswoaktown
12-11-2011, 10:41 PM
I think new ownership is soooo desperate to make a splash that they will sign Nene Wednesday afternoon since the Clippers will clearly match for DJ. Unfortunately, that means NOT having any kind of bench, e.g. Reggie Williams (solid player).

COOLbeans
12-11-2011, 10:41 PM
i really dont know the reason why they used the amnesty on bell. i just hope some of you guy's speculation is right and there are moves to come. if not, this does smell rather cohan-ish. but remember guys, cohan's gone, this is the regime of lacob. and all ridicule and criticism should be directed toward him.

COOLbeans
12-11-2011, 10:43 PM
and if the franchise can get it together, lacob and co will get all of the credit. lets see what happens.

gswoaktown
12-11-2011, 10:54 PM
Yeah I agree with coolbeans, you can't fault current management for not trying. It definitely seems they are exploring getting top talent options. It's just the players don't want to come here. E.g., Paul and Chandler. Nene isn't worth the money, and Marc Gasol would've had his offer matched. Where do you guys think current management went wrong this offseason?

likemystylez
12-11-2011, 10:57 PM
I think new ownership is soooo desperate to make a splash that they will sign Nene Wednesday afternoon since the Clippers will clearly match for DJ. Unfortunately, that means NOT having any kind of bench, e.g. Reggie Williams (solid player).

1) hasnt nene signed alredy?

2) since we didnt use the amnesty on beidrins, will we have enough to sign nene?

MackShock
12-11-2011, 10:57 PM
we are a borderline playoff team as is.

why is everybody hating on lacob for not making a signing? you swear like every offseason is gonna be a blockbuster trade or free agency signing.

be glad they were in talks for the number one center and point guard available. better than summers past..we got Lee last year and nobody here was even happy about that,

people seriously need to stop complaining and say we arent doing anything. it's rare that any team will sign a big name free agent, esp consistently summer after summer after summer.

gswoaktown
12-11-2011, 11:02 PM
likemystylez, Nets haven't signed Nene yet, holding out for cap space for possible Howard trade. Either Nets or Lakers will get Howard, and Nets are definitely still in hunt.

likemystylez
12-11-2011, 11:05 PM
we are a borderline playoff team as is.

why is everybody hating on lacob for not making a signing? you swear like every offseason is gonna be a blockbuster trade or free agency signing.

be glad they were in talks for the number one center and point guard available. better than summers past..we got Lee last year and nobody here was even happy about that,

people seriously need to stop complaining and say we arent doing anything. it's rare that any team will sign a big name free agent, esp consistently summer after summer after summer.

at thebeginning of last season lacob told the fans that we would be adding talent at the trade deadline. it didnt happen. After the trade deadline, they said we would address our needs during the off season. It didnt happen, we had the lockout during the off season and into the early season. nothing happened. Now the lockout is over and the team has put together all these great basketball minds.... and once again it looks like nothing is going to happen.

BTW- Forget what every other team does. Every other team doesnt miss the playoffs for 17 of 18 years either. Every other team owner doesnt promise their fans to make their team a championship quality team. Every head coach doesnt gaurentee the playoffs. Its go time.... its a real chance to seperate themselves from the cohan era.

Currently the warriors are under the cap, they have had plenty of time to prepare, and with the new cba they were given an amnesty which could help too. There really isnt going to be much of a better opportunity to bring in players to improve your team than right now. If management cant figure it out now.... dont count on the trade deadline being a sure thing.

MackShock
12-11-2011, 11:07 PM
nets can probably offer more picks for howard..lakers dont want to give any picks up.

Public Enemy #1
12-11-2011, 11:09 PM
i think they hired the right coach too, cuz mark jackson seems like he is all talk too.

I don't mind Mark Jackson though. I thought he was a good pick up. Could be wrong, but I didn't mind him at all. Can't be any worse than Keith Smart... At least, lets hopes so.

MackShock
12-11-2011, 11:13 PM
at thebeginning of last season lacob told the fans that we would be adding talent at the trade deadline. it didnt happen. After the trade deadline, they said we would address our needs during the off season. It didnt happen, we had the lockout during the off season and into the early season. nothing happened. Now the lockout is over and the team has put together all these great basketball minds.... and once again it looks like nothing is going to happen.

BTW- Forget what every other team does. Every other team doesnt miss the playoffs for 17 of 18 years either. Every other team owner doesnt promise their fans to make their team a championship quality team. Every head coach doesnt gaurentee the playoffs. Its go time.... its a real chance to seperate themselves from the cohan era.

Currently the warriors are under the cap, they have had plenty of time to prepare, and with the new cba they were given an amnesty which could help too. There really isnt going to be much of a better opportunity to bring in players to improve your team than right now. If management cant figure it out now.... dont count on the trade deadline being a sure thing.

and if riley would've made some bold moves a couple summers ago, we would be crippled financially, and over the cap. then you and everyone else would be complaining about cohan screwing us over, and lacob not doing anything to correct it.

trust me, there will always be someone criticizing something that the owner wasnt responsible for..

what if we traded monta for gay? we wouldnt have 6 million to play with. then who would we sign? then who would be the scapegoat? then who's to blame? would you have blamed lacob for not landing chris paul or chandler or anybody else? would you blame lacob for the cap situation?

when will you praise lacob? he said he had a hand in getting david lee..is that not good enough of a free agent? he took us from 26 to 36 wins didnt he? he makes the team better right? so does jeremy lin right? the team improved by 10 wins because hes on the team right?

smh..

COOLbeans
12-11-2011, 11:22 PM

i want us to make good trades, moves etc like any other warrior fan. and you said it yourself, ' they would address our needs in the offseason.' i think they've been addressing our needs, (other than the possible CP3 trade but i wasnt mad). Other than not trying to sign Gasol, weve gone after the two best defensive big men available. and we've only lost one bid that we know of so far.

ninerrider80
12-11-2011, 11:33 PM
U cant make a move just to make a move, theyve been in on the right players and thats step 1. The last time we rushed into a move we had cory maggete for what 80 million

gswoaktown
12-11-2011, 11:42 PM
At least they are trying to sign some valid talent. I mean who wouldn't want Chandler and DJ. They are going after Paul, and apparently Howard from talk over the summer. I believe they really did try. Lacob seems to be sincere about getting talent. If anything at least he says it, because Cohan never did. If the talent doesn't want to play here, you can't fault Lacob. All he can do is try, and that's exactly what he seems to be doing.

likemystylez
12-11-2011, 11:51 PM
At least they are trying to sign some valid talent. I mean who wouldn't want Chandler and DJ. They are going after Paul, and apparently Howard from talk over the summer. I believe they really did try. Lacob seems to be sincere about getting talent. If anything at least he says it, because Cohan never did. If the talent doesn't want to play here, you can't fault Lacob. All he can do is try, and that's exactly what he seems to be doing.

if the talent doesnt want to play here, then what was the point of bringing in jerry west. I mean ... if the fact is that nobody wants to be here... why would lacob pay 450 million for THIS TEAM, and how is that going to magically change in 2 yrs or in 3 yrs or whenever he wants to turn this thing around. Do we need to draft a lebron james or something??

likemystylez
12-11-2011, 11:52 PM
U cant make a move just to make a move, theyve been in on the right players and thats step 1. The last time we rushed into a move we had cory maggete for what 80 million

no you cant make a move just to make a move... but you have to make things happen rather than sit back and wait for the perfect circumstances. the front office has had all summer and most of the fall to prepare for this... and they dont appear to have a game plan of what they want to accomplish or how they are going to accomplish it.

MackShock
12-12-2011, 12:00 AM
no you cant make a move just to make a move... but you have to make things happen rather than sit back and wait for the perfect circumstances. the front office has had all summer and most of the fall to prepare for this... and they dont appear to have a game plan of what they want to accomplish or how they are going to accomplish it.

but they arent sitting and and letting it unfold. they are active in trying to sign free agents..isnt there something to be said about that?

PolloLoco
12-12-2011, 09:51 AM
Waiving Charlie Bell was a weak move. Though Bell is apparently a scumbag, as proven by showing up drunk for a DUI trial last Thursday.

Waiving Biedrins would have cleared up more cap space and given us more flexibility this offseason. As is, we're going to lose on the bid for Deandre Jordan - and there will be no quality centers that we can go after. 43 million will not be enough to even put in a joke bid on Marc Gasol.

This offseason was already a failure.

likemystylez
12-12-2011, 10:46 AM
Waiving Charlie Bell was a weak move. Though Bell is apparently a scumbag, as proven by showing up drunk for a DUI trial last Thursday.

Waiving Biedrins would have cleared up more cap space and given us more flexibility this offseason. As is, we're going to lose on the bid for Deandre Jordan - and there will be no quality centers that we can go after. 43 million will not be enough to even put in a joke bid on Marc Gasol.

This offseason was already a failure.

agreed, and the worse part is, we wont even be able to bring in a decent stop gap big by the time the clippers match. Chris Wilcox, Kwame Brown, and those types of players will not be available. Lou amundson, and ekpe Udoh will have to improve drastically this season from last even to have a chance of being a .500 team.

MackShock
12-12-2011, 06:58 PM
pryzbilla