PDA

View Full Version : Knicks, Hawks, and Warriors working on three-team deal

iFYouSeekAmy
12-11-2011, 02:33 PM
for Crawford.. to be on the Knicks.

The Knicks and Hawks were in active discussions today on a three-team sign-and-trade deal that would bring combo Jamal Crawford back to the club, according to an NBA source.

One source said the trade has a better than fifty-fifty chance of happening. The Warriors are the third team involved in the talks. But Crawford's agent, Andy Miller, told the Indianapolis Star that his client is still considering the Pacers.

Knicks guard Toney Douglas, a native of Atlanta, has been included in one scenario of the talks that began Saturday. But sources now say the Knicks won't part with Douglas in a deal for Crawford.

Crawford is one of the hotter free-agents available but the market hasn't been as strong as expected for him. The Knicks only have their $2.5 million mini exception available to offer in a two-year package - which Crawford would not accept. In the sign-and-trade proposal, there's a chance Crawford can clear over $5 million per season.

The Knicks announced the signing of another Hawks guard Mike Bibby but view him as a backup on Sunday.

The Knicks traded Crawford three years ago to create cap room for 2010 but was a favorite of coach Mike D'Antoni's.

http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/knicksblog/knicks_working_on_trade_to_bring_X88nsR7szxSK1IbIo h87LN#ixzz1gFhMI2eO

any ideas?

BrandoCommando
12-11-2011, 02:34 PM
:shrug:

GWarrior
12-11-2011, 02:49 PM
Josh Smith and Monta swap?

BrandoCommando
12-11-2011, 02:51 PM
Where would Josh Smith play? Over Lee? At SF? I don't like him at SF.

This might be a weird meaningless trade for us.

warriors10
12-11-2011, 03:38 PM
guys dont make this seem like we are making big trade...its probablly going to get us some role players

djeller1139
12-11-2011, 03:58 PM
We'd probably end up with Landry Fields or something.

Kdirt
12-11-2011, 03:58 PM
deal is dead

BAYAREA_fan_415
12-11-2011, 04:27 PM
Please send Josh Smith over here even if it takes Ellis

likemystylez
12-11-2011, 04:29 PM

i dont see the warriors killing it in that trade, it looks like theyd be into make some numbers work and prob end up with a second round pick or something. larry riley really likes those second round picks.

lol, please
12-11-2011, 04:33 PM

Are you joking? :confused:

BAYAREA_fan_415
12-11-2011, 04:40 PM
Are you joking? :confused:

No I'm not joking. Don't get me wrong I love monte but Josh smith is seriously everything we need. He's rebounds, plays unbelievable defense, can score, he's big and powerful, and is athletic as hell. He'd be a perfect fit. If we could pick up a 2 in free agency I'd be all for it.

Kdirt
12-11-2011, 04:48 PM
You guys are all funny, this trade is centered around Jamal Crawford. Josh Smith, Monta Ellis or anyone else better than JCraw wont be involved. Deal is dead anyway.

Bayareaboy
12-11-2011, 05:05 PM
I think this deal is to clear cap space the warriors are trying to sign denadre Jordan and now don't want to let beans walk either. So they haven't signed there 2 top picks yet so they can sign dj. So there trying to get a lil cap relief here with this trade.

asandhu23
12-11-2011, 05:16 PM
Yeah?

Source says Golden State not involved in possible 3-tm, sign and trade talks with Atl for Jamal Crawford. NY interest real though.

https://twitter.com/#!/sam_amick

MackShock
12-11-2011, 05:57 PM
love hoe the article mentions nothing of who we get