PDA

View Full Version : Pacers could end up with West and Mayo for practically nothing.

PacersForLife
12-11-2011, 02:16 PM
MikeWellsNBA Mike Wells
The 2 teams could possibly do a sign n trade. The Grizzlies have too many guards and they're interested in free agent Josh McRoberts.
MikeWellsNBA Mike Wells
As it appears Jamal Crawford may end up n NYC, the Pacers r expected to reach out to Memphis about OJ Mayo again, according to a source.
WojYahooNBA Adrian Wojnarowski
Y! Sources: As Boston and David West come down to wire on completing deal, Indiana waits to swoop and steal him. tinyurl.com/carkurz

Pretty good off-season eh?

Twista
12-11-2011, 02:19 PM
Very nice. As a Bulls fan I'm totally jelly. We wanted O.J. Mayo, he was going to be our SG of the future! Life is unfair. :(

gbrl
12-11-2011, 02:19 PM
nothing is certain could end up with nothing, dont know details of the memphis trade or that theyre even interested

RLundi
12-11-2011, 02:22 PM
That would be huge for Indiana.

VCaintdead17
12-11-2011, 02:24 PM
Really, really don't want David West. As for Mayo, we have so many guards as it is, be sure to send along Rush and maybe price in the deal Bird.

nycericanguy
12-11-2011, 02:24 PM
Pacers have a good young team, I hope West goes there and not to BOS.

PacersForLife
12-11-2011, 02:32 PM
Really, really don't want David West. As for Mayo, we have so many guards as it is, be sure to send along Rush and maybe price in the deal Bird.

Well, as you should know by now, if we sign West it will most likely be for 2 years which makes him expendable, if he doesn't work out we trade him next year since he will be coming of the books the following year teams will be interested in dumping cap space. As for Mayo, I assume we get rid of a few wings (Rush and/or Dahntay Jones, as well as James Posey). Mayo could just need a new change of scenery and return to the point where he was considered as all-star talent.

GoPacers33
12-11-2011, 02:32 PM
Get it done Larry

PacersForLife
12-11-2011, 02:34 PM
nothing is certain could end up with nothing, dont know details of the memphis trade or that theyre even interested

Well they are rumored to be interested in McRoberts as they were last year when we almost completed the deal for Mayo. They really like McRoberts, since everything that has happened since Friday night I could see us sneaking in and signing West for 2 years.

Geargo Wallace
12-11-2011, 02:36 PM
If I've leaned anything since the end of last season, it's that ANYTHING IS POSSIBLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLE!

Tmath
12-11-2011, 02:48 PM
Good pickups if true.

Still not sold on the pacers though, they made the playoffs with an under .500 record, still a lot of work till they are true contenders, maybe these additions could fix that.

PacersForLife
12-11-2011, 02:54 PM
Good pickups if true.

Still not sold on the pacers though, they made the playoffs with an under .500 record, still a lot of work till they are true contenders, maybe these additions could fix that.

If these deals do in fact happen I don't understand how you couldn't be sold on the Pacers. They would be getting the only two things they have been lacking/ lacked in the playoffs last year.

Khalifa21
12-11-2011, 03:02 PM
Darren Collison
OJ Mayo
Danny Granger
David West
Roy Hibbert

That's a really nice starting 5, and with Paul George and Tyler Hansbrough off the bench, they could cause some trouble in the East.

If they could all gel, I could see them on par with the Hawks and Magic fighting for the 5th seed.

VCaintdead17
12-11-2011, 03:06 PM
Darren Collison
OJ Mayo
Danny Granger
David West
Roy Hibbert

That's a really nice starting 5, and with Paul George and Tyler Hansbrough off the bench, they could cause some trouble in the East.

If they could all gel, I could see them on par with the Hawks and Magic fighting for the 5th seed.

Really hope Collison takes that next step. If he does and Hibbert plays consistently, there's no reason for us not to have the 5th seed

iggypop123
12-11-2011, 03:08 PM
nothing is certain in the post cp3 veto world. everyone doesnt know what to do.

kyubi256
12-11-2011, 03:12 PM
OJ Mayo is an interesting player... They could be great or just waste a lot of money

rapjuicer06
12-11-2011, 03:13 PM
Orlando should run at Mayo. That'd be a damn good pick up for us. I swear Otis isn't even remotely thinking...

Ebbs
12-11-2011, 03:35 PM
I love Mayo if he goes to the Pacers I shall be excited!

gotoHcarolina52
12-11-2011, 03:37 PM
@daldridgetnt

Source: Sign/trade between Boston, NO for David West is dead, confirms ESPN.com report that Pacers closing in on signing West.

adidas2307
12-11-2011, 03:46 PM
:laugh:

Way to go, Chris Wallace. I'm sure every other GM in the league would take McRoberts over Brewer and Asik too. :rolleyes:

iggypop123
12-11-2011, 03:47 PM
i thik at this point the owners will ask stern not to sell the team for 3 years. so they can keep blocking trades

iggypop123
12-11-2011, 03:48 PM
:laugh:

Way to go, Chris Wallace. I'm sure every other GM in the league would take McRoberts over Brewer and Asik too. :rolleyes:

they didnt offer aski othewrise it was done. it was a future first

adidas2307
12-11-2011, 03:53 PM
they didnt offer aski othewrise it was done. it was a future first

Well, Memphis offered Asik and Brewer but the Bulls turned it down.

Edit: It was Brewer + 2 first rounders and 1 second rounder last year, so that still is more appealing than Josh McRoberts and a first.

Jag4444
12-11-2011, 03:58 PM
WojYahooNBA Adrian Wojnarowski
David West has agreed to a 2 year, $20 million deal with Pacers, league source tells Y.

Punk
12-11-2011, 03:59 PM

McRoberts, Rush + a pick is pretty much nothing when you value the potential, stats and scoring OJ brings. They were going to deal a McRoberts for Mayo deal straight up but they were late at the deadline in completing it.

It's awesome seeing the Pacers back. People can't say nothing because it's a small market team getting better.

RLundi
12-11-2011, 04:00 PM
Congrats Pacers. If you get Mayo, I expect you to contend for the fifth seed...

lilojmayo
12-11-2011, 04:45 PM
oj mayo ready to show out this year.

Tmath
12-11-2011, 04:56 PM
If these deals do in fact happen I don't understand how you couldn't be sold on the Pacers. They would be getting the only two things they have been lacking/ lacked in the playoffs last year.

You guys only one 37 games last year, enough said.

IUBball22
12-11-2011, 05:03 PM
Gotta love this as a Pacers fan.

1. Got a a pick n roll PF and DIDNT overpay him. 2 years, 20 million is fair. West will be motivated to prove himself. If he doesnt pan out, he becomes an expiring contract next year.

2. OJ Mayo for McROb and Rush and change. And we would still have cash to spend or save for next year. Larry, make sure you actually submit it to the league in time this offseason.

thekmp211
12-11-2011, 05:17 PM
add mayo, flip granger and develop george. looking good in indy.

NapTownPace
12-11-2011, 05:18 PM
Gotta love this as a Pacers fan.

1. Got a a pick n roll PF and DIDNT overpay him. 2 years, 20 million is fair. West will be motivated to prove himself. If he doesnt pan out, he becomes an expiring contract next year.

2. OJ Mayo for McROb and Rush and change. And we would still have cash to spend or save for next year. Larry, make sure you actually submit it to the league in time this offseason.

and all it took was a little patience. bravo lare bear, bravo.

FriedTofuz
12-11-2011, 05:26 PM
good offseason for the pacers, they got a very complete starting 5.

theheatles
12-11-2011, 06:02 PM
Darren Collison
OJ Mayo
Danny Granger
David West
Roy Hibbert

George Hill too...I expect some noise from the pacers

GodsSon
12-11-2011, 06:27 PM
It's been a long road to recovery for Indy since the Malice at the Palace decimated their team. I'm happy for their fans.

pacersfan1967
12-11-2011, 06:29 PM
I can't believe david west sign with the pacers.......Pluse maybe mayo..I 'd say that well put up to a 3 to 5 seed......:clap::clap::clap:

Stack_NJNets
12-11-2011, 06:42 PM
Pacers are definitiely on the come up. Awesome.

UPRock
12-11-2011, 09:59 PM
For Josh McRoberts? NO! that's a steal. Paul George for OJ Mayo is a fair deal I think.

lavilevi23
12-11-2011, 10:30 PM
good trade for both teams.

Carey
12-11-2011, 10:58 PM
I think the Pacers will be players in the east, love their coach and how they share the ball. Tyler H, George Hill, Paul George and Jeff Foster would be a nice bench to go with what they have starting if they pull off the Mayo deal

ChiTownPacerFan
12-11-2011, 10:59 PM
I don't really get it. Yes, West fills a need at power forward, but he's 31, and it's only a 2 year deal. Does the front office really think this team is going to be a contender in the next 2 years? I know it's a weak free agent class, but still...

ombada
12-11-2011, 11:07 PM
I don't really get it. Yes, West fills a need at power forward, but he's 31, and it's only a 2 year deal. Does the front office really think this team is going to be a contender in the next 2 years? I know it's a weak free agent class, but still...

It is pretty simple. First off they had to get to within 85% of the cap regardless, so they would have had to spend some money anyway. West is a great second scoring option, a decent defender down low and a good rebounder. He will take pressure off of Hibbert and allow him to excel. I think the Pacers FO does think they will be ready to contend soon. They have all the pieces to make a deep playoff push. Another thing this move does is give us one of the stronger benches in the league. The deal is only 2 years because he is 31 and coming off of a knee injury. This will give them flexibility with his contract if the signing does not work out or he gets re-injured.

NJ Raven
12-11-2011, 11:11 PM
Mayo is a risk, but it's worth taking a shot at him. He had a great rookie year and has been meh ever since.

ChurcH
12-11-2011, 11:14 PM
Pacers looking to be really solid.

ChiTownPacerFan
12-11-2011, 11:14 PM
It is pretty simple. First off they had to get to within 85% of the cap regardless, so they would have had to spend some money anyway. West is a great second scoring option, a decent defender down low and a good rebounder. He will take pressure off of Hibbert and allow him to excel. I think the Pacers FO does think they will be ready to contend soon. They have all the pieces to make a deep playoff push. Another thing this move does is give us one of the stronger benches in the league. The deal is only 2 years because he is 31 and coming off of a knee injury. This will give them flexibility with his contract if the signing does not work out or he gets re-injured.

Good points. Actually, the more I think about it, the more I'm starting to talk myself into the deal. I also think he and Collison should compliment each other, like they did in New Orleans.

97NYer
12-11-2011, 11:16 PM
Collison
Mayo
Granger
West
Hibbert

Hill, George, Hansbrough, Foster posey, George, Price all off the bench? Great team

J$mo0th_3o5
12-11-2011, 11:18 PM
Pacers doing work!

gbrl
12-11-2011, 11:19 PM
1 down so far

ombada
12-11-2011, 11:20 PM
Collison
Mayo
Granger
West
Hibbert

Hill, George, Hansbrough, Foster posey, George, Price all off the bench? Great team

George is too dynamic to keep on the bench. I believe he will start over Mayo. What the mayo signing would do is make our bench one of the better ones int he NBA and give our second team a scoring threat that can create his own shot.

Bench

PG:Hill/Price
SG:Mayo/Rush or Stephenson
SF: Jones
PF: Hansbrough
C: Foster

I think we might sign another back-up big man for supports and try to offload Rush and or Price.

PacersForLife
12-12-2011, 12:07 AM
If we get Mayo this will be the rotation most likely.
PG: Darren Collison/George Hill/A.J. Price/Lance Stephenson
SG: Paul George/O.J. Mayo/ George Hill/Lance Stephenson
SF: Danny Granger/Dahntay Jones/Paul George/O.J. Mayo
PF: David West/Tyler Hansbrough/Jeff Pendegraph
C: Roy Hibbert/Jeff Foster
I could see us maybe signing another backup C...

shonk688
12-12-2011, 01:41 AM

:facepalm: enough said about you.

lavilevi23
12-12-2011, 02:05 AM
Pacers will be the most improved team in the east and Clippers in the west imo. Does Mayo start though?

LA_Raiders
12-12-2011, 02:15 AM
nice move by bird

AP=MVP
12-12-2011, 02:32 AM
Paul George would still start for them, he is a star in the making, great defender with tons of offensive potential.

OJ Mayo joins a high energy bench with Tyler Hansborgh, George Hill, and Dauntay Jones.

Brandon Rush would be traded if he is not in the Mayo deal I'd assume

lilojmayo
12-12-2011, 04:09 AM
whyhasnt the deal been made yet

Dallas Tx4Life
12-12-2011, 04:10 AM
OJ Mayo would be so awesome to have as PG's backup... I hope we get this deal done unlike last year.

dodie53
12-12-2011, 06:16 AM
good signings if it happens

PacersForLife
12-12-2011, 09:28 AM
Originally Posted by Tmath
Learn how to spell, enough said.

abe_froman
12-12-2011, 09:42 AM
looks like a very solid,fun team to keep an eye on

thenaj17
12-12-2011, 09:55 AM
Darren Collison
OJ Mayo
Danny Granger
David West
Roy Hibbert

This is a really nice young team. I like West in there next to Hibbert, a good mix of offense and defense. This team could easily challenge for 4th/5th seed with Hawks losing Crawford and maybe Magic losing Dwight. (Nets could be a force if the get Howard!)

By the way, i'm a Laker fan...just proving we're not all biased :)

daleja424
12-12-2011, 09:57 AM
good for them. small market putting together a good team.

Probably will be like a 6 seed... and will be a tough first round matchup.

Heediot
12-12-2011, 10:02 AM
That's a solid squad

Collison
George/Mayo
Granger
West
Hibbert

There's a lack of defense especially on the interior, but they will be a tough out for the elite teams in the east.

ombada
12-12-2011, 02:05 PM
That's a solid squad

Collison/Hill
George/Mayo
Granger/Jones
West/Hansbrough
Hibbert/Foster

There's a lack of defense especially on the interior, but they will be a tough out for the elite teams in the east.

Theres your defense.

Defensive unit...

PG: Hill
SG: George
SF: Jones
PF: Foster/Hansbrough
C: Hibbert

George would gaurd the opposing teams best guard.

danniboi168
12-12-2011, 02:06 PM
wow good offseason for pacers