PDA

View Full Version : OPINION: NO Hornets to be contracted?

Supreme LA
12-11-2011, 11:55 AM
With everything that has gone on these past few days, everyone has their opinion on what Stern's reasons are for blocking the trade, but have any of you actually considered that maybe Stern wants to run the Hornets into the ground and maybe contract the team? I don't know what the market is or has been like in NO, but I can't imagine it's been the best place for a team after hurrican Katrina. Maybe the Saints have done well I don't know because I don't follow the NFL.

Any thoughts?

Raps18-19 Champ
12-11-2011, 11:57 AM
With everything that has gone on these past few days, everyone has their opinion on what Stern's reasons are for blocking the trade, but have any of you actually considered that maybe Stern wants to run the Hornets into the ground and maybe contract the team? I don't know what the market is or has been like in NO, but I can't imagine it's been the best place for a team after hurrican Katrina. Maybe the Saints have done well I don't know because I don't follow the NFL.

Any thoughts?

:laugh2:

He did them a favour by rejecting that trade. He's trying to save the Hornets.

ManRam
12-11-2011, 11:58 AM
He is legitimately trying to save them. That team means something to the NBA.

But contraction needs to happen either way...but I don't think he has ulterior or deceptive motives here.

Young2Kinsler
12-11-2011, 12:00 PM

That could not be further from the truth. NO was getting a great package for a player that will be leaving them in 66 games if he is not traded. You can't hope for much more than what they were getting.

Raps18-19 Champ
12-11-2011, 12:03 PM
That could not be further from the truth. NO was getting a great package for a player that will be leaving them in 66 games if he is not traded. You can't hope for much more than what they were getting.

Are you crazy? How did they not do them a favour?

Paul will still be traded. And it will be a better package than what they offered. Maybe not talent wise ATM. But they'll get a great prospect for him or another star.

BigCityofDreams
12-11-2011, 12:04 PM

:eyebrow:

By having Paul leave and the franchise gets nothing in return. Hey fans come see Jarrett Jack run the point. :(

IndyRealist
12-11-2011, 12:04 PM
They wouldn't be having a season ticket drive if they were looking to contract the team. They'd just do it.

ManRam
12-11-2011, 12:05 PM
The team makes more money by keeping Paul. Period.

They still have months to trade him and get a better package.

Raps18-19 Champ
12-11-2011, 12:05 PM
:eyebrow:

By having Paul leave and the franchise gets nothing in return. Hey fans come see Jarrett Jack run the point. :(

:rolleyes:

Where did I say Paul will not be traded? I've been saying they will get a better package.

Supreme LA
12-11-2011, 12:07 PM

How so?? They would have had a competitive team had the trade went through and it's widely considered that the trade proposal was about as good as they could get for CP3 and way better than what the Nuggets got for Melo.

So with CP3 walking during free agency at the end of the year, where and what does that leave the Hornets with?? They obviously have nothing a potential buyer would want.

I've also heard on espn radio from multiple sources close to to and who have invested interest in the organization claiming that David Stern basically is setting the team up for contraction after the 1st proposal was denied. It sounds reasonable and I don't think it I'd that far fetched.

Nothing surprises me with Stern and with the current state of the league and what we have been through with the lockout, would anybody else be surprised?

BigCityofDreams
12-11-2011, 12:08 PM

Where did I say Paul will not be traded? I've been saying they will get a better package.

From who?? What team is going to want to deal with that headache?? Hey trade your picks and your young talent but if Paul leaves your team it's ok because NO now has a better package than the LA/HOU one.

LOOTERX9
12-11-2011, 12:09 PM
Since when do people care about the Hornets:confused:

Supreme LA
12-11-2011, 12:09 PM

What better package?? They won't get Steph Curry or Gordon. I think we all know that by now. The offer that was on the table was the best offer out their for the situation they were dealing with and it was widely regarded as such and the biggest reason for why there was so much shock when it didn't go through. It made perfect sense basketball wise.

jewno
12-11-2011, 12:10 PM
how bout we contract the lakers, most annoying franchise imo

Reptar
12-11-2011, 12:11 PM
Can't wait till Paul gets traded so I never have to hear about the hornets again

Raps18-19 Champ
How so?? They would have had a competitive team had the trade went through and it's widely considered that the trade proposal was about as good as they could get for CP3 and way better than what the Nuggets got for Melo.

So with CP3 walking during free agency at the end of the year, where and what does that leave the Hornets with?? They obviously have nothing a potential buyer would want.

I've also heard on espn radio from multiple sources close to to and who have invested interest in the organization claiming that David Stern basically is setting the team up for contraction after the 1st proposal was denied. It sounds reasonable and I don't think it I'd that far fetched.

Nothing surprises me with Stern and with the current state of the league and what we have been through with the lockout, would anybody else be surprised?

That team would have made them competitive enough to miss the playoffs. So they don't make the playoffs and miss out on a very deep draft. So they are in a shitbox position that way.

The package that the Nuggets get is better. At least they got prospects who can still turn into something. Chandler and Gallinari have the potential to be better than Scola, Martin or Odom. The Nuggets are going to be in rebuilding mode when Nene leaves. Now they have pieces for that.

CP3 won't get to walk since he'll still be traded, leaving the Hornets with a prospect who has potential to be better than what they would have gotten from the 1st deal.

Supreme LA
Since when do people care about the Hornets:confused:

I know I don't and that is exactly my point. They won't even be relevant once CP3 is gone. That is why I ask for your opinions on the chances of Stern doing this to contract the team eventually.

IndyRealist
12-11-2011, 12:12 PM

The league already bought the team back. They could contract them at any time and no one would be able to object. This is made up bull**** from anonymous sources to get ratings. The New Orleans Hornets is Stern's legacy. He doesn't want to be the commisioner that abandoned New Orleans after Katrina. Again, THEY'RE HAVING A SEASON TICKET DRIVE RIGHT NOW. He'd have to refund all that money if he were to contract the team. Doesn't sound like smart planning to me, considering that you're saying he's masterminded all of this way in advance.

Supreme LA
12-11-2011, 12:13 PM
That team would have made them competitive enough to miss the playoffs. So they don't make the playoffs and miss out on a very deep draft. So they are in a shitbox position that way.

The package that the Nuggets get is better. At least they got prospects who can still turn into something. Chandler and Gallinari have the potential to be better than Scola, Martin or Odom. The Nuggets are going to be in rebuilding mode when Nene leaves. Now they have pieces for that.

CP3 won't get to walk since he'll still be traded, leaving the Hornets with a prospect who has potential to be better than what they would have gotten from the 1st deal.

So you would be shocked if Stern contracts the Hornets?? Just asking.

Raps18-19 Champ
12-11-2011, 12:13 PM
What better package?? They won't get Steph Curry or Gordon. I think we all know that by now. The offer that was on the table was the best offer out their for the situation they were dealing with and it was widely regarded as such and the biggest reason for why there was so much shock when it didn't go through. It made perfect sense basketball wise.

Really? Because I've also seen teams say they won't include players in a deal only to include them in the future. Who's to say the Clippers don't offer Gordon? Hell the Celtics have offered Rondo, a player better than what they would have received.

There will be a package out there worth it. And it'll either be a star or young prospect.

Raps18-19 Champ
12-11-2011, 12:16 PM
From who?? What team is going to want to deal with that headache?? Hey trade your picks and your young talent but if Paul leaves your team it's ok because NO now has a better package than the LA/HOU one.

Why are we acting as if Paul will leave unless he's traded to the Lakers? If he gets traded to a team who makes a run in the playoffs and looks promising in the long run, why wouldn't he stay.

Trade him to the Clippers and they look legit going forward. Why wouldn't he stay? Trade Westbrook for him and he wouldn't even think about not staying. Go to Boston and the Celtics are the favourites in the East.

There's a lot of possibilities where he goes to a team that wins and he resigns. Let's not be ignorant here and think he'll only stay with the Lakers.

Raps18-19 Champ
12-11-2011, 12:17 PM
So you would be shocked if Stern contracts the Hornets?? Just asking.

They were the subject of contraction when they couldn't find an owner. Stern actually made the NBA buy them just so they won't be contracted. He's even said he wants to expand, not contract. He doesn't even want to relocate them.

So yes, if he does contract them, I would be shocked.

Supreme LA
12-11-2011, 12:19 PM
Really? Because I've also seen teams say they won't include players in a deal only to include them in the future. Who's to say the Clippers don't offer Gordon? Hell the Celtics have offered Rondo, a player better than what they would have received.

There will be a package out there worth it. And it'll either be a star or young prospect.

Clippers have already assured Gordon that he won't be included in any trade deal haven't they? Not sure how much that means but Rondo was also widely regarded within the Celtic organization as a head case, and while great on the floor, wasn't as great of a leader in the lockeroom, and they had every reason to place CP3 above him for their future. Rondo is very limited, while Paul, can just about do everything. I don't think you can really compare the two.

Raps18-19 Champ
12-11-2011, 12:21 PM
I know I don't and that is exactly my point. They won't even be relevant once CP3 is gone. That is why I ask for your opinions on the chances of Stern doing this to contract the team eventually.

That's so ignorant. So just because something doesn't involve you, it's not relevant? What about fans who do find it relevant? Do we still contract them because you and other fans are butt hurt Stern stopped CP3 from going to LA?

waveycrockett
12-11-2011, 12:22 PM
Hornets and Bobcats need to go away. Or just move them Seattle and las vegas

Raps18-19 Champ
12-11-2011, 12:25 PM
Clippers have already assured Gordon that he won't be included in any trade deal haven't they? Not sure how much that means but Rondo was also widely regarded within the Celtic organization as a head case, and while great on the floor, wasn't as great of a leader in the lockeroom, and they had every reason to place CP3 above him for their future. Rondo is very limited, while Paul, can just about do everything. I don't think you can really compare the two.

I've also seen KG assure he wouldn't go to the Celtics. In baseball, there's many assuring things to players only to be traded. Assuring something in sports means nothing. It's a business.

And Rondo would be better than Martin, Scola and Odom. Even then, there's a lot more trade destinations that would be attractive enough for Paul to stay. Trade Westbrook for Paul and I guarantee Paul stays. Paul would stay with Griffin. It's not just LA where he would stay, there's other destinations. And there's still time to find a better deal.

BigCityofDreams
12-11-2011, 12:29 PM

Yes let's contract the biggest team in the sport. Maybe Bud Selig should contract the Yankees because they are annoying as well.

Supreme LA
12-11-2011, 12:30 PM
That's so ignorant. So just because something doesn't involve you, it's not relevant? What about fans who do find it relevant? Do we still contract them because you and other fans are butt hurt Stern stopped CP3 from going to LA?

Who says I'm butt hurt?? Slow your roll *******. How relevant are they without CP3 if he walks during free agency?? Not very right??? And what fans are you talking about?? The people of NO?? Go check the Hornets forum and tell me if you can count more fans in that forum than you have fingers you dick. It was just a question.

And FYI, I wad against the trade because felt we were giving up too much for Paul. Don't get smart with me you jerk. I was completely respectful and merely asking a question. Everyone in this forum loves to be a smart ***.

Raps18-19 Champ
12-11-2011, 12:34 PM
Who says I'm butt hurt?? Slow your roll *******. How relevant are they without CP3 if he walks during free agency?? Not very right??? And what fans are you talking about?? The people of NO?? Go check the Hornets forum and tell me if you can count more fans in that forum than you have fingers you dick. It was just a question.

And FYI, I wad against the trade because felt we were giving up too much for Paul. Don't get smart with me you jerk. I was completely respectful and merely asking a question. Everyone in this forum loves to be a smart ***.

You were respectful in no way. You basically said you find them irrelevant so they should be contracted.

Who cares if they have no posters on this site? I guess because you have 10 posters on PSD, you have 10 fans in real life. Louisiana and all it's basketball fans will go awol if the Hornets were to leave.

Aslo, they'll be more relevant when they get better pieces over Scola, Martin and Odom. Why do you keep bringing up CP3 walking? Because that scenario isn't even a realistic one anymore. The Hornets will trade him one way or another. So you can't even use CP3 leaving via FA as an example.

IndyRealist
12-11-2011, 12:35 PM

I'm guessing the 10,000+ fans that bought season tickets to help keep the team afloat.

Taking the homosexual euphamisms kinda personally, aren't you?

BigCityofDreams
12-11-2011, 12:35 PM
Why are we acting as if Paul will leave unless he's traded to the Lakers? If he gets traded to a team who makes a run in the playoffs and looks promising in the long run, why wouldn't he stay.

Trade him to the Clippers and they look legit going forward. Why wouldn't he stay? Trade Westbrook for him and he wouldn't even think about not staying. Go to Boston and the Celtics are the favourites in the East.

There's a lot of possibilities where he goes to a team that wins and he resigns. Let's not be ignorant here and think he'll only stay with the Lakers.

Paul might be pissed off to the point where he only wants to go to a particular team. His first choice was the Knicks and Lakers but after this fiasco does anyone think he would happily resign somewhere else.

Mr.Wiskers
12-11-2011, 12:39 PM
He's trying to do what's best for everyone. The reality is that deal was going to add 38mil. To the Hornets payroll without necessarily making the team better, and the league would be paying that salary. They are trying to sell the team and the best way to sell it would be show that the team has young up and coming players as well as draft picks not trotting out Scola,Odom,Martin,Dragic and an extra 38mil.

LakersIn5
12-11-2011, 12:45 PM

saving the hornets from what? not getting anything in return once paul leaves? the hornets were getting scola,odom,dragic,kmart2 which is a good deal for a leaving cp3. really dont get though why people are so high on the clippers who is rumored to trade kaman,bledsoe,aminu and a 1st. those guys suck. they might say they took those guys of potential. potential for what?? potential to score 10 ppg? bledsoe and aminu will be role players at best and wont sniff odom,kmart2 and scola

Supreme LA
12-11-2011, 12:47 PM

And why would Clipps offer Gordon, GS give up Curry, or OKC give up Westbrook when CP3 has clearly expressed he would only sign extensions with the Knicks or Lakers? If I were any of those teamsx I wouldn't risk losing any of those players on a chance he might sign.

mzgrizz
12-11-2011, 12:51 PM
No; they are trying to keep them attractive for a buyer

theheatles
12-11-2011, 12:54 PM
hornets and the cavs or bobcats need to go

Raps18-19 Champ
12-11-2011, 03:28 PM
Paul might be pissed off to the point where he only wants to go to a particular team. His first choice was the Knicks and Lakers but after this fiasco does anyone think he would happily resign somewhere else.

And why would Clipps offer Gordon, GS give up Curry, or OKC give up Westbrook when CP3 has clearly expressed he would only sign extensions with the Knicks or Lakers? If I were any of those teamsx I wouldn't risk losing any of those players on a chance he might sign.

Please. Am I really going to believe that if Paul makes a deep run into the playoffs, he'll be that narrow minded to not even consider resigning with that team even though they aren't the Lakers or Knicks?

If he goes to the Celtics and makes the ECF, or the Thunder and makes the WCF, why wouldn't he resign?

Raps18-19 Champ
12-11-2011, 03:31 PM
saving the hornets from what? not getting anything in return once paul leaves? the hornets were getting scola,odom,dragic,kmart2 which is a good deal for a leaving cp3. really dont get though why people are so high on the clippers who is rumored to trade kaman,bledsoe,aminu and a 1st. those guys suck. they might say they took those guys of potential. potential for what?? potential to score 10 ppg? bledsoe and aminu will be role players at best and wont sniff odom,kmart2 and scola

Can you not read? Where did I say Paul will still be on the Hornets? I said he will still be traded. Why are we so narrow minded? Just because the Clippers said Gordon is staying, doesn't make it so. It's a business. Management will stab players in the back if they have to just to get a better shot at the playoffs unless you're a player who has a lot of meaning to a team. Even then, there's more than just the Clippers.

FOBolous
12-11-2011, 03:32 PM
hornets and the cavs or bobcats need to go

i think the Cavs need to go. Dan Gilbert annoys me.

BigCityofDreams
12-11-2011, 03:32 PM
He has to end up on those teams first and those teams have to be willing to give up good pieces. They will only do that if Paul agrees to re-sign. They can't hope that he does.

Raps18-19 Champ
12-11-2011, 03:34 PM
He has to end up on those teams first and those teams have to be willing to give up good pieces. They will only do that if Paul agrees to re-sign. They can't hope that he does.

There have already been teams that have said they are willing to take that risk.

BigCityofDreams
12-11-2011, 03:34 PM
Can you not read? Where did I say Paul will still be on the Hornets? I said he will still be traded. Why are we so narrow minded? Just because the Clippers said Gordon is staying, doesn't make it so. It's a business. Management will stab players in the back if they have to just to get a better shot at the playoffs unless you're a player who has a lot of meaning to a team. Even then, there's more than just the Clippers.

Such as who???? LA and NY are out, he can't go to NJ, the Magic don't have the pieces for him, he's not going to a small market, etc

BigCityofDreams
12-11-2011, 03:35 PM
There have already been teams that have said they are willing to take that risk.

That would be a dumb move.

Raps18-19 Champ
12-11-2011, 03:38 PM
Such as who???? LA and NY are out, he can't go to NJ, the Magic don't have the pieces for him, he's not going to a small market, etc

Am I to believe he won't consider teaming up with Durant on the Thunder because it's a small market? Or look at the Celtics who are willing to take him without assurance that he'll resign. Mavs also have said that they would consider renting him though they might not have the pieces. GSW have played with the thought that they might rent him out as well.

I still have my heart set on him going to the Clippers. Management will cave on their Gordon promise sooner or later.

Raps18-19 Champ
12-11-2011, 03:39 PM
That would be a dumb move.

If it's dumb, so be it. But there's teams that have said they would consider it.

BigCityofDreams
12-11-2011, 03:43 PM
Am I to believe he won't consider teaming up with Durant on the Thunder because it's a small market? Or look at the Celtics who are willing to take him without assurance that he'll resign. Mavs also have said that they would consider renting him though they might not have the pieces. GSW have played with the thought that they might rent him out as well.

I still have my heart set on him going to the Clippers. Management will cave on their Gordon promise sooner or later.

He might consider it. I guess it all boils to if he gets over this little side show. He us represented by CAA. The same guys who were pushing Melo toward the Knicks.

Raps18-19 Champ
12-11-2011, 03:46 PM
He might consider it. I guess it all boils to if he gets over this little side show. He us represented by CAA. The same guys who were pushing Melo toward the Knicks.

Paul doesn't look like the egotistical type. I think he wants to go to LA more because they have a chance to win, not because it's a big market.

Chronz
12-11-2011, 03:53 PM

I still have my heart set on him going to the Clippers. Management will cave on thei Gordon promise sooner or later.
No we won't

Raps18-19 Champ
12-11-2011, 03:55 PM
No we won't

I think they do. Either they cave on Paul or Howard. It's a business at the end so their promise can be considered a hollow promise.

OA SLAY
12-11-2011, 04:01 PM

Im down with that.

But seriously, the Hornets dont make any money, they only have like 5 players on their roster,
theyre owned by the NBA and i cant see why anyone would want to invest in this franchise.

I dont see why they dont just put their 5 remaining players on waivers and Fold this team.
Its inevitable anyhow, why waste time.

OA SLAY
12-11-2011, 04:15 PM
Just move them to Seattle. It was ultimatly Katrinas fault why the Sonics relocated to OKC in the first place.

da ThRONe
12-11-2011, 04:17 PM
Im down with that.

But seriously, the Hornets dont make any money, they only have like 5 players on their roster,
theyre owned by the NBA and i cant see why anyone would want to invest in this franchise.

I dont see why they dont just put their 5 remaining players on waivers and Fold this team.
Its inevitable anyhow, why waste time.

We sold the 2nd most new full season tickets(during a lockout and in the face if losing the city's best basketball player ever). That not including all the other packages we are selling. The only reason the Hornets have been losing money is because of the previous debt Shinning came into the city with. Outside of that debt the Hornets have been a profitable team. I don't care about people saying dumb things like contract a team but do some research before you get type stuff.

As far as the CP3 trade like somebody pointed out the trade would have handicapped this franchise moving forward for years. You don't trade a once in a generation player for a collection of above average vets. You do it for another superstar or and combination of star, young talent, potential high draft picks.

BigCityofDreams
12-11-2011, 04:22 PM
Paul doesn't look like the egotistical type. I think he wants to go to LA more because they have a chance to win, not because it's a big market.

Will he be able to win with the Clippers?? This is the Clippers we're talking about.

OA SLAY
12-11-2011, 04:27 PM
We sold the 2nd most new full season tickets(during a lockout and in the face if losing the city's best basketball player ever). That not including all the other packages we are selling. The only reason the Hornets have been losing money is because of the previous debt Shinning came into the city with. Outside of that debt the Hornets have been a profitable team. I don't care about people saying dumb things like contract a team but do some research before you get type stuff.

As far as the CP3 trade like somebody pointed out the trade would have handicapped this franchise moving forward for years. You don't trade a once in a generation player for a collection of above average vets. You do it for another superstar or and combination of star, young talent, potential high draft picks.

:jumpy: Thats only because you had no Fans to start off with. :moon:

Raps18-19 Champ
12-11-2011, 04:39 PM
Will he be able to win with the Clippers?? This is the Clippers we're talking about.

The West is getting really weak. I mean Grizzlies don't have Gasol so they will drop a bit. Nuggets are poised to lose Nene and already lost Chandler, Smith and Martin to China. Hornets aren't going to be making the playoffs.

That's 3 playoff spots right there that could possibly be up for grabs. Clippers are an up and coming team and can take a playoff spot and make some noise. They'd surely be a challange in the playoffs.

Supreme LA
12-11-2011, 07:17 PM

Dude, all the teams you mentioned have already backed out and taken their young stars off the table. Clips aren't trading Gordon, GS won't give up Curry, Boston won't risk Rondo because they know CP3 won't resign there, and OKC has never even been interested. OKC is staying where they are because they are great as is.

There is no better trade the Hornets can get. Nobody is going to risk a young star.

Supreme LA
12-11-2011, 07:23 PM

You're not going to get a star or anything better than what was offered. The Hornets have no leverage. CP3 is going to walk and every GM knows it. Why would they throw everything that is valuable to them for a guy they know doesn't even want to be in NO???

If you don't trade a once in a generation player for a group of above average established and experienced players with a young up and coming PG, than you just let him walk???

If the Hornets get less than what was already on the table then we know Stern is just full of ****. I still think CP3 walks if he isn't traded to a team he has on his list to extend with and Stern knowing this will just contract the Hornets.

beasted86
12-11-2011, 07:25 PM
I think it's pretty clear he is.

-They refuse to trade Chris Paul knowing at the end of the day he'll leave for nothing
-David West their leading scorer just last season has left for nothing
-They don't seem to have any intention of re-signing Carl Landry for market value
-No word at all on Marco Bellineli
-No word at all on Aaron Gray

They haven't spend a penny so far in free agency other than 1yr minimum players, whether to re-sign their own guys or submit offers to outside guys. I forsee them filling out the roster with 1yr veteran minimum players just to finish out the year, then they will be contracted.

The only guys with long term contracts that will be left are Emeka Okafor, Trevor Ariza, and Jarret Jack... they will basically go through an amnesty type of waiver, and the rest of the team will be free agents anyway.

LOOTERX9
12-11-2011, 07:45 PM
Looks like they will contract. they dont want to take on any salaries

Kevj77
12-11-2011, 08:11 PM
Hornets just signed nine players almost all of them are NBA D-league players to fill out their roster. I feel sorry for their fans.

rapsjaysfan88
12-11-2011, 08:17 PM
move the team to vancouver they'll make a crap load of money

club america
12-11-2011, 08:34 PM
How things r going i dont see how u have any other situation other than contraction.
1. First of all cp3 and david west r leaving there most recongnizable players they had.
2. There only relevant players are j.jack, t.ariza, o.okafor
3. They have no intention of signing free agents not even landry who played great 4 them in the playoffs.
4. They aren't in a big market
I just dont see how any one would want 2 buy a team who has no important players isnt a contender and they arent located in a big market.
Maybe a rich fan can buy them or something but sincerly i wish the hornets and their fans the best hopefully some how things could turn out better.

Supreme LA
12-12-2011, 05:54 AM
How things r going i dont see how u have any other situation other than contraction.
1. First of all cp3 and david west r leaving there most recongnizable players they had.
2. There only relevant players are j.jack, t.ariza, o.okafor
3. They have no intention of signing free agents not even landry who played great 4 them in the playoffs.
4. They aren't in a big market
I just dont see how any one would want 2 buy a team who has no important players isnt a contender and they arent located in a big market.
Maybe a rich fan can buy them or something but sincerly i wish the hornets and their fans the best hopefully some how things could turn out better.

^Exactly. Nobody wants to admit it, but you would be foolish not to consider this an option for the league and for Stern.

WadeKobe
12-12-2011, 06:52 AM
They were the subject of contraction when they couldn't find an owner. Stern actually made the NBA buy them just so they won't be contracted. He's even said he wants to expand, not contract. He doesn't even want to relocate them.

So yes, if he does contract them, I would be shocked.

This is why Stern is an utter failure. Expand? Not contract?

He's in bed with the owners, and trying to help subsidize poor business decisions at the cost of the players (and the players have been trying to do the same in reverse).

Expand? In a league that already has ****** teams that can't pay bills and there isn't enough talent to go around?

Stern is an idiot. 5 teams have to go eventually. Waste all the time and resources you want, they will have to go.

WadeKobe
12-12-2011, 06:53 AM
move the team to vancouver they'll make a crap load of money

Like the last team that couldn't cut it in Vancouver?