PDA

View Full Version : Magic Looking for a 3 team Deal involving LA/CP3/D12

waveycrockett
12-11-2011, 10:00 AM
MagicInsider Brian Schmitz
Magic three-team trade for Dwight?: Howard for Andrew Bynum and Pau Gasol. Ship Gasol to Hornets for Chris Paul, giving them Bynum and Paul.

Magic envision new post-Howard starting lineup of Chris Paul, Andrew Bynum, Jason Richardson, Jameer Nelson and Big Baby Davis.

http://fr.twitter.com/MagicInsider

1_team_1_dream
12-11-2011, 10:06 AM
back to square 1 Why would paul want orlando without DH rememba he had d west and emeka they could not help. not to mention bynum injuries

nykobe24
Lmaoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

abe_froman
doubt cp3 reups with magic,thus negating trade...that said that twin towers of bynum/gasol isnt a bad trade for them.they's still be a good team

1_team_1_dream
12-11-2011, 10:08 AM
doubt cp3 reups with magic,thus negating trade...that said that twin towers of bynum/gasol isnt a bad trade for them.they's still be a good team

same here I doubt paul stays in orlando without dh

Sportfan
12-11-2011, 10:11 AM
Lmao, watch Orlando pick up Paul for Pau :laugh:

waveycrockett
12-11-2011, 10:12 AM
It COULD work out for Orlando. I mean CP3 and a HEALTHY Bynum would give any team in the East fits and with the way it's looking as far as Knicks not having cap room he may just reup with them.

I think LA will have given up way too much when it's all said and done tho. Howard is a franchise player but they would have lost Odom-Bynum-Gasol. They would have a new star but they wouldnt be a better basketball team.

_Supreme_
12-11-2011, 10:13 AM
Yeah, because Chris Paul can't wait to resign with a team featuring Jrich, another PG, Big Baby and Mr. breaky-legs, right?

Brian Schmitz looking like a true schmitz here :facepalm:

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-11-2011, 10:17 AM
what a joke

oak2455
12-11-2011, 10:22 AM
April fools Ohhhh wait its December....either way not happening

phlp_bj
12-11-2011, 10:23 AM
Yeah, because Chris Paul can't wait to resign with a team featuring Jrich, another PG, Big Baby and Mr. breaky-legs, right?

Who says he is going to resign with the Magic if dealt there? After all these talks with the Lakers, I'm sure the Hornets are just trying to get any value for Paul right now. If this somehow happened, they could still flip Pau to the Rockets for the original package or any other team that has interest in Pau. Why the Magic would do it if Paul won't resign with them? Not sure

IndyRealist
12-11-2011, 10:27 AM
Lmao, watch Orlando pick up Paul for Pau :laugh:

Dell Demps: "All we did was trade an L"

        
12-11-2011, 10:30 AM
Hopefully this gets done so that everyone can shutup already.

tbomlad
12-11-2011, 10:31 AM
I love how NOW everyone says Paul would have no interest in playing with "breaky legs" Bynum but the Magic will trade D12 for the same "breaky legs" Bynum. I'm pretty sure Otis Smith feels the same about acquiring "breaky legs" as Paul feels about playing with "breaky legs" which is why Otis would ONLY do a deal with the Lakers if another deal was set up to acquire Paul and he agreed to an extension.

curtcocaine
12-11-2011, 10:38 AM
So we loose three an add 1 if this happens smdh so many teams making moves getting better and were just wasting..............................

GermanLakersFan
12-11-2011, 10:43 AM
as if stern would allow gasol for paul straight up :facepalm:

KJ21.the.truth
12-11-2011, 10:47 AM
Schmitz is dumb... ijs

granted I love the idea of moving 12 then laughing at him with cp3 in hand anyways even if just a rental, would be funny til season ended.

I-4_Fan
12-11-2011, 10:48 AM
Why hasn't any one asked the obvious?

Why does your starting line up have two 6 foot tall true point guards starting at the same time?

Like saying Andrew Luck will be drafted by the Colts and will start him and Manning at the same time.

If you made this up (which I am not saying you did) then this is why people are calling us crazy in the other forums.

If Shmitz tried to break this in order to be the first one to do so then he should of looked at it first before putting his rep on the line.

But this sounds really sketchy. The Lakers would want Nelson and Anderson in this deal in order to get a starting line up on the floor. Now that they gave up Odom I don't think they want to loose Pau so easily. The Hornets would have No guards what so ever.

Then after all is said and done if it did happen, We would still loose Paul because he would want to play with bigger starts then Rich/Turk/Baby/and Andrew Glass Bynum.

Witch by the way those four would start with CP3. also I don't think the Hornets want to be involved with any trade the benefits the Lakers. I would be fine with this if CP3 extends. But we have a better chance of trade a dishwasher for Kevin Durant then getting CP3 to sign with these roll players.

1_team_1_dream
12-11-2011, 11:53 AM
orl asks for bynum and pau for howard.

RLundi
12-11-2011, 12:01 PM
I would love for this to happen but I realize it is very unlikely.

Either way, Otis Smith is expected to ask for Bynum and Gasol, not one or the other. If LA refuses, they better find a third team to give us a suitable second option, otherwise, Dwight will christen the arena in Brooklyn with his thunderous dunks.

Avenged
12-11-2011, 12:04 PM
The "source" is just suggesting.

JOSKOMANG4
12-11-2011, 12:06 PM
What about a four way Deal!!! LAC/ORL/NOH/DET

- Pistons acquire PG M.Williams
- Magic acquire C D.Jordan(S&T 5yr 40mill), C/PF C.Kaman(expiring), SF Aminu, & 2012 1st rd pick(V/CLippers; Minnesota's 2012 pick).
- Hornets acquire PF C.Villanueva, SG R.Foye, PG E.Bledsoe, & 2012 1st rd pick(Clippers pick).
- Clippers acquire CP3 & D12

Hunter48MVP
12-11-2011, 12:08 PM
doesn't make sense for the Hornets side

RLundi
12-11-2011, 12:11 PM

- Magic acquire C D.Jordan(S&T 5yr 40mill), C/PF C.Kaman(expiring), SF Aminu, & 2012 1st rd pick(V/CLippers; Minnesota's 2012 pick).
- Hornets acquire PF C.Villanueva, SG R.Foye, PG E.Bledsoe, & 2012 1st rd pick(Clippers pick).

Clippers giving up a lot. Mo Williams, Jordan, Kaman, Aminu, Foye, Bledsoe and 2 first round picks for Howard and Paul? That's essentially their entire team.

And I don't think Otis does this anyway, though Jordan, Aminu and 1st round pick from Minny is appealing.

JOSKOMANG4
12-11-2011, 12:21 PM

Outlook:

Pistons: *Singler oversees

C: Greg Monroe/Ben Wallace/Vernon Macklin
PF: Jonas Jerebko/Jason Maxiell
SF: T.Prince/Austin Daye
SG: Ben Gordon/Terrico White
PG: M.Williams/Will Bynum/Brandon Knight

Magic Lineup:

C- D.Jordan/Kaman/Orton
PF-Big Baby/Anderson/Harper
SF- Hedu/Aminu/Clark
SG- Reddick/Q/Liggins
PG- J.Nelson/Duhon/Pruitt

Hornets lineup:

C- Okafur/Anderson/Butch
PF- Charlie V/D.Summers/L.Thomas
SF- Ariza/Pondexter/Ewing
SG- Foye/T.Johnson/White
PG- Jack/Bledsoe/J.Dyson

Clippers lineup: *amnesty R.Gomes

C- D12/Hubbard
PF- Blake G/FA/Cook
SF- C.Butler/T.Thompkins
SG- Gordon/FA backup/Leslie
PG- CP3/W.Warren/

JOSKOMANG4
12-11-2011, 12:24 PM
doesn't make sense for the Hornets side

How doesn't it?

- You acquire a PF to, Charlie Villanueva under contract, to replace D.West.
- You acquire a starting SG in R.Foye(expiring contact).
- You acquire a future PG(under contract) E.Bledsoe
- To seal the deal, you acquire a '12 1st rd pick.

JOSKOMANG4
12-11-2011, 12:25 PM
Clippers giving up a lot. Mo Williams, Jordan, Kaman, Aminu, Foye, Bledsoe and 2 first round picks for Howard and Paul? That's essentially their entire team.

And I don't think Otis does this anyway, though Jordan, Aminu and 1st round pick from Minny is appealing.

Clippers, yes they gave up 6 players and 2-1st rd picks, but this deal happens only if CP3 & d12 agree to contract extensions! NOt to mention, after this deal is done, they were also able to retain their core youth(Blake & Eric Gordon)!!!

RLundi
12-11-2011, 12:33 PM
Outlook:

Magic Lineup:

C- D.Jordan/Kaman/Orton
SF- Hedu/Aminu/Clark
SG- Reddick/Q/Liggins

Hornets lineup:

C- Okafur/Anderson/Butch
SG- Foye/T.Johnson/White
PG- Jack/Bledsoe/J.Dyson

C- D12/Hubbard
PF- Blake G/FA/Cook
SF- C.Butler/T.Thompkins
PG- CP3/W.Warren/

Sounds like a fantasy to be honest, but not a bad trade altogether. I wonder if it works in Trade Machine...

A few discrepancies though. Where is Rodney Stuckey in all of this? Why would Detroit pick up Mo Will if they have Stuckey and Gordon at that position, no to mention Will Bynum?

Also, Magic are going to INSIST someone talk Hedo off their hands- why isn't he included?

Villaneuva has one of the league's worst contracts. Why would a rebuilding Hornets team take that on?

And finally, the Clippers are still giving up way too much, even for Dwight and CP3. Besides their starting 5, they have NO ONE.

JOSKOMANG4
12-11-2011, 12:43 PM
Sounds like a fantasy to be honest, but not a bad trade altogether. I wonder if it works in Trade Machine...

A few discrepancies though. Where is Rodney Stuckey in all of this? Why would Detroit pick up Mo Will if they have Stuckey and Gordon at that position, no to mention Will Bynum?

Also, Magic are going to INSIST someone talk Hedo off their hands- why isn't he included?

Villaneuva has one of the league's worst contracts. Why would a rebuilding Hornets team take that on?

And finally, the Clippers are still giving up way too much, even for Dwight and CP3. Besides their starting 5, they have NO ONE.

I chose Detroit as part of this four team trade based on the roster in particular..

- They are crowded up front. With resigning Jerebko & T.Prince, Charlie V is expendable. Nothing is wrong with this contract. he makes roughly 7.5 this season and another 16.6(pending he accepts his player option in 13/14). Pistons though make the deal based on salary relief and part of their "rebuilding" phase at PG. Mo Williams is an expiring contract which would help rookie Brandon Knight get into the starting rotation possibly by the end of the this season/start of next season.

- In regards of Hedu not being involved in any deal, my thought was that the clippers would give them an ultimatum; either we take Hedu or you we don't take Hedu and we'll give you Minnesota's '12 pick(which basically can be a lottery pick). With next season's draft looking pretty stocked up, Orlando, after trading D12, can possibly have 2 lottery picks.

ManRam
12-11-2011, 12:46 PM
Outlook:

Magic Lineup:

C- D.Jordan/Kaman/Orton
SF- Hedu/Aminu/Clark
SG- Reddick/Q/Liggins

Hornets lineup:

C- Okafur/Anderson/Butch
SG- Foye/T.Johnson/White
PG- Jack/Bledsoe/J.Dyson

C- D12/Hubbard
PF- Blake G/FA/Cook
SF- C.Butler/T.Thompkins
PG- CP3/W.Warren/

I can't imagine us moving Howard with Hedo packaged together with him....especially if we're only getting one starting-caliber player back.

waveycrockett
12-11-2011, 12:50 PM
Outlook:

Magic Lineup:

C- D.Jordan/Kaman/Orton
SF- Hedu/Aminu/Clark
SG- Reddick/Q/Liggins

Hornets lineup:

C- Okafur/Anderson/Butch
SG- Foye/T.Johnson/White
PG- Jack/Bledsoe/J.Dyson

C- D12/Hubbard
PF- Blake G/FA/Cook
SF- C.Butler/T.Thompkins
PG- CP3/W.Warren/
This is absolute fantasy land scenario when the NBA shot down a much better deal for the Hornets. They are going to accept Foye, Charlie V and Bledsoe? LOLOLOLOL

Kobe4Life
12-11-2011, 12:54 PM
Magic three-team trade for Dwight?: Howard for Andrew Bynum and Pau Gasol. Ship Gasol to Hornets for Chris Paul, giving them Bynum and Paul.

Magic envision new post-Howard starting lineup of Chris Paul, Andrew Bynum, Jason Richardson, Jameer Nelson and Big Baby Davis.

http://fr.twitter.com/MagicInsider

LOL Good Luck With That Envision Otis & Magic Fans

Kobe4Life
12-11-2011, 12:56 PM
I chose Detroit as part of this four team trade based on the roster in particular..

- They are crowded up front. With resigning Jerebko & T.Prince, Charlie V is expendable. Nothing is wrong with this contract. he makes roughly 7.5 this season and another 16.6(pending he accepts his player option in 13/14). Pistons though make the deal based on salary relief and part of their "rebuilding" phase at PG. Mo Williams is an expiring contract which would help rookie Brandon Knight get into the starting rotation possibly by the end of the this season/start of next season.

- In regards of Hedu not being involved in any deal, my thought was that the clippers would give them an ultimatum; either we take Hedu or you we don't take Hedu and we'll give you Minnesota's '12 pick(which basically can be a lottery pick). With next season's draft looking pretty stocked up, Orlando, after trading D12, can possibly have 2 lottery picks.

Lol this isn't fantasy bro, you must have a lot of time on your hands to come up with some ridiculous scenarios like this lol Blake/CP3/Howard/Gordon....LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL Put it down man Put it down.

RLundi
12-11-2011, 12:56 PM

You're right, I was talking out of my butt about Villanueva. I didn't realize his contract was for that much.

Either way, Hedo WILL be included in any trade, that's just a given. As tempting as Jordan and a first round pick sounds for the future, I'd pass on the deal without Gordon.

rapjuicer06
12-11-2011, 12:57 PM
Clippers get Dwight Howard and Chris Paul while keeping Eric Gordon and Blake Griffin? lol...no...

thekmp211
12-11-2011, 01:07 PM
orlando DID just sign larry hughes so, i see the appeal. game changer.

Blaze
12-11-2011, 02:36 PM
thoughts?

new orleans trade: chris paul, david west(s&t)
hornets receive: rondo, bass, green, two first rounders from boston, and picks from the lamar odom deal (and the tyson chandler tpe)

boston trades: rondo, bass, green, two first rounders
boston receives: gasol, jameer nelson

orlando trades: howard, turk, nelson
orlando receives: bynum, paul

la trades: gasol, bynum, picks, odom tpe
la receives: turk, howard, david west

smith&wesson
12-11-2011, 02:39 PM
lol man i feel bad for magic fans. they had such a good team just 2 years ago.

LakersSaintsLSU
12-11-2011, 02:47 PM
So we let orlando get cp3 and pau? BS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! **** U STERN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kobebabe
12-11-2011, 02:47 PM
BS after BS after BS....makes me sick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-11-2011, 02:48 PM
Why does this thread even exist?

mgsports
12-11-2011, 02:52 PM
LA out of a Hornets Trade. No way Boston Trades Green.

Evolution23
12-11-2011, 03:58 PM
HAHA laker fans I feel for u.

SaimuKala
12-11-2011, 04:12 PM
Orlando: Dorell Wright, Andrew Bynum

Lakers: Dwight Howard, Biedrins

Warriors: Pau Gasol

numba1CHANGsta
12-11-2011, 04:26 PM
This is ******** :facepalm:

Laker Legend42
12-11-2011, 04:30 PM

Mr. breaky-legs??? lmao:clap::facepalm:

jrm2054
12-11-2011, 04:34 PM
why would the hornets do paul for Gasol and thats just one thing wrong with this

1hardcore
12-11-2011, 04:45 PM
This has to be the biggest fiasco ever !!!

jrm2054
12-11-2011, 04:45 PM
this trade is the dumbest one yet

Ty Fast
12-11-2011, 04:46 PM
pau for paul???

Ari Gold
12-11-2011, 04:49 PM
No way the Lakers trade Bynum and Pau for Dwight.

@KevinDing
KEVIN DING
I'm told there's no way Lakers are trading Bynum and Gasol for Dwight Howard.
24 minutes ago via TweetDeck

MagicBucsSox
12-11-2011, 04:52 PM
No way the Lakers trade Bynum and Pau for Dwight.

Lmao neither of them can impact like Dwight by himself, never understood the BYNUM LOVE FEST, I want neither

marj987
12-11-2011, 04:55 PM
Lol. mr. Breaky Legs.......Hilarious.

Ari Gold
12-11-2011, 05:00 PM
I'd rather keep Bynum and Pau. Get Millsap with the TPE from Dallas and get Billups with the TPE from Sasha Vujacic trade last year.

Billups/Fish/Blake/Morris
Kobe/Kapono
Artest/Barnes
Pau/Millsap
Bynum/Pau

FriedTofuz
12-11-2011, 05:19 PM
gasol and bynum for howard is alot to give up and NJ cant top that for sure. I dont get why lakers cant just trade pau for chris paul straight up then if thats what orlando would do if they aquired him.