PDA

View Full Version : Hamilton to sign with the Bulls

lavilevi23
12-11-2011, 04:40 AM
http://www.suntimes.com/sports/basketball/bulls/9369951-579/rip-hamilton-nearing-deal-with-bulls.html

I like it for them.

Ty Fast
12-11-2011, 04:43 AM
good signing for them

Cracka2HI!
12-11-2011, 04:58 AM
Good player but I don't think his offense fits. Maybe Korver starts and he comes off the bench.

abe_froman
12-11-2011, 04:59 AM
Good player but I don't think his offense fits. Maybe Korver starts and he comes off the bench.

naw,rip would start.and he fits better than you think.ideal? no,but not badly either

kozelkid
12-11-2011, 05:00 AM
Statistically, I hated it initially.

But Rip completely fits Thibs' philosophy which is wearing down the opposition and delivering the knockout by the 4th quarter.

lavilevi23
12-11-2011, 05:04 AM
He's the best they could get at this price and he fills that big hole they had at the 2-guard.

John Walls Era
12-11-2011, 05:07 AM
Very solid move. I actually think he fits in quite well. Hamilton comes off a screen quickly and gives Rose that option when hes attacking the basket.

lavilevi23
12-11-2011, 05:11 AM
He's one of the best off the ball players in the NBA.

Bulls_fan90
12-11-2011, 05:17 AM
He's the best they could get at this price and he fills that big hole they had at the 2-guard.

Yeah pretty much. Still hope we can make another move, but solid signing. Not that anything is a done deal in the NBA anymore.

Cracka2HI!
12-11-2011, 05:45 AM
naw,rip would start.and he fits better than you think.ideal? no,but not badly either

It's a good player going to an already very good team so It's certainly not a bad move! I do think he will fit in very well on defense and just fits the overall mold of what the Bulls have.

justinnum1
12-11-2011, 06:40 AM
Chicago is going to have some spacing issues.

and how mich is it for...i read it could be 2yr/10mil

Mishmin
12-11-2011, 06:56 AM
Very strong signing for them.

Iron24th
12-11-2011, 07:18 AM
Great signing for the bulls,exactly what they needed.

justinnum1
12-11-2011, 07:19 AM
This is good, no way 34year old rip can guard wade.

Kyben36
12-11-2011, 07:31 AM

that would be worse, korver cant defend.

justinnum1
12-11-2011, 07:33 AM
that would be worse, korver cant defend.

But he spaces the floor really well...rip is not a 3pt shooter. Teams will just pack the paint.

MOST
12-11-2011, 07:39 AM

Wade has trouble playing in Chicago heat fans say

justinnum1
12-11-2011, 07:40 AM
Wade has trouble playing in Chicago heat fans say

wade is avg in chicago but lebron is a beast there...think he avgs 30 in the madhouse

MOST
12-11-2011, 07:42 AM
wade is avg in chicago but lebron is a beast there...think he avgs 30 in the madhouse

Well ur talking about rip and Wade not lebron

AllBall
12-11-2011, 07:45 AM
Christmas Day is going to be so entertaining. :)

arkanian215
12-11-2011, 07:46 AM
Great pick up. way better signing than Crawford

MOST
12-11-2011, 07:46 AM
Christmas Day is going to be so entertaining. :)

Agreed

sunsfan88
12-11-2011, 07:49 AM
I thought Chicago could've done better than a washed up SG.

Oh well cant be worse than Bogans.

Catoblepas
12-11-2011, 07:57 AM
I dont care what most people say.. Rip still has it. He just had a tough time since Billups left Detroit. With the right screens and PG Rip can still average 20pts per game shooting a good %. His height also helps as well when guarding smaller SGs. The only SGs that will give him a tough time are ones who are strong at driving to the hoop.

I just wish the guy had better luck with the pistons.

naps
12-11-2011, 08:20 AM
Good pickup BUT I was expecting the Bulls to look for a better SG.

pgm2525
12-11-2011, 10:51 AM
Great, pick-up this a guy who can look for his own shot at times. His defense may not be as good as before but he can still bother some smaller SG's. We will see how it pans out as the season progresses

theheatles
12-11-2011, 10:56 AM
crawford > rip

ecorrea
12-11-2011, 11:04 AM

I don't see the spacing issues. We know he will help with added offense, and I think thibs will do with him what he did with deng, instead of every shot being just inside the 3 pt line, move it back a couple ft and work on that 3 pt shot. Worked for deng...

ecorrea
12-11-2011, 11:06 AM

Brewer will lock Down wade and I'm sure rips d improves under thibs, see ray allen

ecorrea
12-11-2011, 11:09 AM
This is exactly what we need given the amount of money and number of yrs the other sgs were requesting. This gives the bulls a great 2 yr window to find or develop the young Sg of the future

Ladies Man
12-11-2011, 11:09 AM
Hamilton fits us good. His defensive stats are actually close to Bogans' stats. Plus, he's on a team with a defensive mindset now. Those who think the Bulls needed a big time scorer is wrong. The Bulls needed someone to average over 10ppg, and they found their man. When Bogans scored 6 points(He averaged 4.4ppg) the Bulls were 28-3. We are fine.

KNAN
12-11-2011, 11:12 AM
I like this signing alot for us! This is much better than having Bogans, Hamilton scored 14 PPG last year on a team he didn't want to play for. I don't see why he can't score that and more. He isn't that bad of a 3 point shooter in my opinion either. The people talking about him guarding D Wade, I don't see that as a problem because we will still have this fellow named Ronnie Brewer who we signed strictly for defense. In all considerations the Bulls team is way better this year than last year even if they don't win 62 games! Can't wait til Christmas, all the games will be great to watch with all the old and new faces joining teams. Go Bulls! aka: Can't wait to use Jimmy Butler and Rip on 2K12!!

KnicksR4Real
12-11-2011, 11:16 AM
good move

ChiSoxJuan
12-11-2011, 11:59 AM
Defensively he's on par with Bogans. He might even offer more there because he's a lengthier player & that has greater importance than weight in Thibs system. Offensively it's no contest between these two. 82games.com Sim mins betw them, Rip avg'd 14.1 ppg, Bogans 4.4. Both of them took the majority of their shots at crunch time on the shot clock. Rip is twice the passer Bogans is, a 20% better FT shooter, & a better ball handler. That's just the normal time stats. If you project their clutch time min's over 48min avg, Rip 25.5, Bogans 9.6.

Any one claiming this is not a MAJOR upgrade for the Bulls doesn't understand talent in the NBA.

Keep in mind Bogans played on the team with the best record in the NBA last yr & the MVP winning PG of the league. That alone maximizes his potential. Rip played on one of the worst teams in the NBA with one of the worst PG's in the NBA. There are good odds Rip will avg over 18 ppg on avg & over 30 pp48 in clutch time. This signing is a game changer for the Bulls.

justinnum1
12-11-2011, 12:15 PM
Defensively he's on par with Bogans. He might even offer more there because he's a lengthier player & that has greater importance than weight in Thibs system. Offensively it's no contest between these two. 82games.com Sim mins betw them, Rip avg'd 14.1 ppg, Bogans 4.4. Both of them took the majority of their shots at crunch time on the shot clock. Rip is twice the passer Bogans is, a 20% better FT shooter, & a better ball handler. That's just the normal time stats. If you project their clutch time min's over 48min avg, Rip 25.5, Bogans 9.6.

Any one claiming this is not a MAJOR upgrade for the Bulls doesn't understand talent in the NBA.

Keep in mind Bogans played on the team with the best record in the NBA last yr & the MVP winning PG of the league. That alone maximizes his potential. Rip played on one of the worst teams in the NBA with one of the worst PG's in the NBA. There are good odds Rip will avg over 18 ppg on avg & over 30 pp48 in clutch time. This signing is a game changer for the Bulls.

We shall see, i personally think the denfese will suffer with hamilton, but maybe the offense he gives will make up for it:shrug:

Gators123
12-11-2011, 12:32 PM

No. Rip has been a below average defender for the last few years.

And Rip will need AT LEAST 15 shots per game to average 18ppg. Do you honestly think he will get that many shot attempts as the 4th option? He will probably average between 12-14 PPG.

And him being another year older isn't going to help either.

Sadds The Gr8
12-11-2011, 02:02 PM
pretty solid pickup but it doesnt put em past the Miami Cheat imo.

Ladies Man
12-11-2011, 02:40 PM
No. Rip has been a below average defender for the last few years.

And Rip will need AT LEAST 15 shots per game to average 18ppg. Do you honestly think he will get that many shot attempts as the 4th option? He will probably average between 12-14 PPG.

And him being another year older isn't going to help either.

Actually, hes not below average. Hes not great but in a defensive system I think he will fit in fine. Hamilton's a hustler. Maybe not last year because of how management in Detroit handled him, but on a winning team he will give it all.

UPRock
12-11-2011, 02:52 PM
Good signing, Rip's a champion.

imReallyCHI
12-11-2011, 02:54 PM
we need somebody with "buckets" now

DeyAce
12-11-2011, 03:02 PM
Wish we made a move for Nick Young

KnicksorBust
12-11-2011, 04:12 PM
But he spaces the floor really well...rip is not a 3pt shooter. Teams will just pack the paint.

That was more true early in his career. Like Kidd he's greatly improved and he hit 38% of his 3's last season

Smooth_at_80
12-11-2011, 04:23 PM
Don't like the Bulls standing still.. But RIP is a winner and helps a MVP become even more dangerous. Helps Boozer become effective in the Post because teams now have to chase RIP thru screens and if they don't he is going to hit shot after shot after shot.. So when RIP runs thru them screens, boozer or noah turn to Derrick for a pass and dunk and 1.... Deng will be more effective and his scoring will come in many different ways..He also will be left in to be the main scorer of the second unit..

Bulls also get to keep their players and picks.. I think whatever 6'6 guard in college enters the draft will be drafted by the Bulls.. (Barnes from UNC, Lamb from UCONN Will Barton from Memphis, Terrance Ross from UW, Michael Kidd-Gilchrist from Kentucky, Adonis Thoma from Memphis etc.. Not to mentions potential FA Courtney Lee, Manny Harris, Brandon Rush, Dahntay Jones, Jodie Meeks, Nicolas Batum

daleja424
12-11-2011, 04:24 PM
don't think this is a great fit...

Hamilton is a guy that needs sets run for him to get open, he is not a very good 3 point shooter, and he is aging some.

Don't get me wrong, I think Hamilton has a lot left in the tank...I'm just not sure Rip is the best fit for Chicago. I would be much more worried if Chicago had managed to get Jamal Crawford or Jason Richardson.

Given the constraints the Bulls had, this isn't terrible by any means...I just think there were better options out there.

daleja424
12-11-2011, 04:26 PM
My concern from a Bulls standpoint is this:

Bulls lost to the HEAT last year...and I think Miami has done just as much to improve the team as the Bulls have. The Bulls needed to set out to make up ground on Miami this offseason, and I am not sure they have done it yet.

ChI_ShIzzLe
12-11-2011, 04:40 PM
The main reason why the Bulls lost to the Heat was because they couldn't score. The defense was championship caliber because the Heat couldn't score either until Lebron and Wade bailed them out at the end of the games. Now we got ourselves a veteran and former champion who knows how to put the ball in the basket. We didn't need a superstar at SG, we needed a guy who can score 14-15 ppg and play solid defense. And we got exactly that. You all are acting like we needed a lot to get passed the Heat, even if it was a 5-game series, 4 of those games could've gone our way with a couple shots made here n there. Our SGs were completely non-existent in that series. It won't be the case this time.

KnicksorBust
12-11-2011, 04:46 PM
don't think this is a great fit...

Hamilton is a guy that needs sets run for him to get open, he is not a very good 3 point shooter, and he is aging some.

Don't get me wrong, I think Hamilton has a lot left in the tank...I'm just not sure Rip is the best fit for Chicago. I would be much more worried if Chicago had managed to get Jamal Crawford or Jason Richardson.

Given the constraints the Bulls had, this isn't terrible by any means...I just think there were better options out there.

see this:

That was more true early in his career. Like Kidd he's greatly improved and he hit 38% of his 3's last season

daleja424
12-11-2011, 04:48 PM
I know he hit 38%...but look at the totals... he is simply not a guy that likes to step out and shoot from long range. He averaged less than one 3 pointer made per game... Its just not what he likes to do/not what he is great at.

AI
12-11-2011, 04:49 PM
Hamilton is a perfect fit for them.

Smooth_at_80
see this:

Ray Allen is older then RIP so what does age have to do with anything. Ray Allen Doesn't create his own shot.

ManRam
It wouldn't have been my #1 choice if I'm Chicago...but still a good signing and upgrades the position of most need.

djsunyc
bulls needed another person that can create their own shot. rip can't do that.

ChiSoxJuan
12-11-2011, 04:51 PM
Heat fans are talking out of their butts again. Will Rip see 10-15 shots/gm? Maybe. Again playing sim min's as Bogans, Rip had 172 FTA, Bogans had 32. If you combined Watson & Korver's FTA & projected Rip's with their minutes, he still beats that. That is how much more of a playmaker Rip is compared to Korver, Watson, & Bogans.

The only reason why Det is amnestying Rip over Gordon is they aren't willing to swallow what their paying Gordon. Rip joining the Bulls is a nice game-changing Christmas gift for Bulls fans.

daleja424
12-11-2011, 04:51 PM
bulls needed another person that can create their own shot. rip can't do that.

I agree. It will be tough for them to win a title with only one playmaker on the roster... no doubt.

Smooth_at_80
12-11-2011, 04:52 PM
I agree. It will be tough for them to win a title with only one playmaker on the roster... no doubt.

Who was the playmaker in Boston.

Rndy
12-11-2011, 04:54 PM
I like this before Wade just had to stand in a corner vs a statue. Now Wade is going to be running around the entire time Rip is on the floor.

daleja424
12-11-2011, 04:54 PM
Heat fans are talking out of their butts again. Will Rip see 10-15 shots/gm? Maybe. Again playing sim min's as Bogans, Rip had 172 FTA, Bogans had 32. If you combined Watson & Korver's FTA & projected Rip's with their minutes, he still beats that. That is how much more of a playmaker Rip is compared to Korver, Watson, & Bogans.

The only reason why Det is amnestying Rip over Gordon is they aren't willing to swallow what their paying Gordon. Rip joining the Bulls is a nice game-changing Christmas gift for Bulls fans.

Rip is simply not a guy that puts the ball on the floor and attacks the rim or a guy that makes plays for others.

Riip is a guy that comes off screens and shoots mid range jumpers the majority of the time.

Last year he averaged 1.3 shots in the paint, 2.6 shots from the 3, and 8.3 shots from midrange.

The numbers do not lie my friend.

Furthermore... from his favorite shooting spot on the floor (16-23 feet)... he was assisted on 92% of his FGs last year... he is a recipient of others playmaking.

Rndy
12-11-2011, 04:55 PM

They played amazing team passing basketball. And I feel the same about Chicago Rose, Rip, Boozer, and Noah can all pass and set each other up.

daleja424
12-11-2011, 04:55 PM

Boston didnt have to play against multiple super teams...each of which have multiple play makers...

(and fwiw both Paul Pierce and KG were serious play makers when they won the title)

AddiX
12-11-2011, 04:57 PM
I think rip is a good fit, I don't know if he puts them over the top but he will be much more motivated now that he is w a team of his choosing. He def fits the coaches mold of a player. Who cares if he's not the best 3 point shooter, he does a lot of other things.

ChI_ShIzzLe
12-11-2011, 04:58 PM
Rip is simply not a guy that puts the ball on the floor and attacks the rim or a guy that makes plays for others.

Riip is a guy that comes off screens and shoots mid range jumpers the majority of the time.

Last year he averaged 1.3 shots in the paint, 2.6 shots from the 3, and 8.3 shots from midrange.

The numbers do not lie my friend.

Go back to his earlier years when he was playing with Chauncey. Rip did a lot of attacking and posting up in the paint. Last year isn't really a good indication as to what Rip can do offensively because he wasnt himself and the team was a complete mess.

I am Smart
12-11-2011, 04:59 PM
Makes me laugh out loud that no one truly knows how good of a defender Rip is

daleja424
12-11-2011, 05:00 PM
Go back to his earlier years when he was playing with Chauncey. Rip did a lot of attacking and posting up in the paint. Last year isn't really a good indication as to what Rip can do offensively because he wasnt himself and the team was a complete mess.

The numbers have been almost identical for the last 3-4 years. I coudl care less what he did in 2006 or before... he is not that player anymore. At age 34 he is a spot up jumpshooter that likes to come off screens and hit shots.

ChI_ShIzzLe
12-11-2011, 05:02 PM
I think rip is a good fit, I don't know if he puts them over the top but he will be much more motivated now that he is w a team of his choosing. He def fits the coaches mold of a player. Who cares if he's not the best 3 point shooter, he does a lot of other things.

Best post. Certainly isn't a guarantee that he puts us over the top, but sure as hell improves our chances. Rip plus a full healthy season from Noah and Boozer makes us even a better team from last season.

daleja424
12-11-2011, 05:03 PM

He is a solid defender...but even in his prime Wade torched him...

and that is what Chicago needs to worry about... Miami, NY, Boston.

daleja424
12-11-2011, 05:03 PM
again... Rip is not a bad fit.. he just wouldnt have been my first option for you guys.

ChI_ShIzzLe
12-11-2011, 05:04 PM

He was the starting SG for the best defensive team in the league for like 5 years in a row.

Gators123
12-11-2011, 05:05 PM

Makes me laugh out loud that no one truly knows how bad of a defender Rip currently is.

As a Pistons fan, I know Rip used to be a very good defender. But the last few years he has been below average. Maybe average at best.

If you're expecting a 20PPG scorer and a good defender then you're expecting 2004 Rip. Not gonna happen.

ChI_ShIzzLe
12-11-2011, 05:06 PM
He is a solid defender...but even in his prime Wade torched him...

and that is what Chicago needs to worry about... Miami, NY, Boston.

I'm not worried at all about NY and Boston. Everyone knows that the last 2 teams standing will most likely be Bulls and Heat. And I expect a longer series this time.

daleja424
12-11-2011, 05:09 PM
I'm not worried at all about NY and Boston. Everyone knows that the last 2 teams standing will most likely be Bulls and Heat. And I expect a longer series this time.

:cheers:

kozelkid
12-11-2011, 05:09 PM
My concern from a Bulls standpoint is this:

Bulls lost to the HEAT last year...and I think Miami has done just as much to improve the team as the Bulls have. The Bulls needed to set out to make up ground on Miami this offseason, and I am not sure they have done it yet.

You're right.

Because most of Bulls improvements will have to come from within.

In other words, a healthy Noah (pre-injury Noah who was putting up allstar numbers, 15/12, before Boozer came and Noah then got injured), a healthy Boozer (not the crap we saw in the playoffs where he had barely any explosiveness), a gelled frontcourt between Noah and Boozer (throughout the season either one was injured or the other), and finally another year of seasoning for Rose and Thibs.

Rip is without a doubt an improvement. Defenses have to respect him and instead of knowing we'll go 28-3 if Bogans can score 6 lousy points, we got a player who is definitely good for 12-14 a game.

Rip is also a very smart player who knows his limits. He shoots a very high 3pt% but knows when to take him so few attempts. He's also very good at creating for others and getting big men the ball for easy shots.

If we beat the heat, it won't be due to another creator taking the pressure off of Rose like I originally hoped for, but rather incredibly good ball movement where 4 out of the 5 players on the floor are above average passing wise for their position (Deng being the exception).

Keep in mind, I originally hated this move. But I see the logic behind it after further looking into it. Particularly that Rip fits into Thib's philosophy of wearing down the opposition and getting the choke hold by 4th quarter.

daleja424
12-11-2011, 05:11 PM
You have to expect the Knicks and HEAT to be even more improved "internally"...don't you?

kozelkid
12-11-2011, 05:11 PM
Makes me laugh out loud that no one truly knows how bad of a defender Rip currently is.

As a Pistons fan, I know Rip used to be a very good defender. But the last few years he has been below average. Maybe average at best.

If you're expecting a 20PPG scorer and a good defender then you're expecting 2004 Rip. Not gonna happen.

Don't you think part of the reason for his bad defense is playing unmotivated for a weak Pistons team?

I think Thibs can get him to at least be average at that end.

kozelkid
12-11-2011, 05:12 PM
You have to expect the Knicks and HEAT to be even more improved "internally"...don't you?

I expect them to improve, but I think we have more upside in that regard. :shrug:

I mean we have younger and more inexperienced players than either. And had more issues with injuries than Miami in playoffs.

daleja424
12-11-2011, 05:13 PM
Don't you think part of the reason for his bad defense is playing unmotivated for a weak Pistons team?

very possible... but it is also very likely that he just doesnt have the same lateral quickness he once had now that he is 33-34 years old. We will have to wait and see.

Gators123
12-11-2011, 05:14 PM

I definitely think he can be an average defender still. Playing for a contender should motivate him to do so. But at the end of the day, he is almost 34 years old. I just don't understand why people still expect 18-20 points and good/great D.

Smooth_at_80
12-11-2011, 05:14 PM
Boston didnt have to play against multiple super teams...each of which have multiple play makers...

(and fwiw both Paul Pierce and KG were serious play makers when they won the title)

They were good passers not playmakers.. They had defined roles... RIP improves the overall play of everyone on the court because of his style of play.. RIP is very good passer as well as everyone on the team.. Detroit had a very good team full of role players no star players.. Chicago collectively is a better team then the Detroit team that won..Chicago is a much deeper team then Miami and the Knicks and younger then the C's.. Doc is a great coach and after that it's Thibs and a toss between Spo and Dantoni...

RIP improves the Best team in the East Record wise with his ability to run off screens and score. He can put the ball on the court and create and most SG in the East he can post up.. He is 6'7 and has a ugly mid range game.. in the playoffs he shoots over 40 percent from three and He is a great 3pt shooter...

Injuries and playing in a situation that you don't want to be in caused RIP to appear he doesn't have much left... Also playing with stuckey isn't the same as playing with Rose or what he had in Billups.. Also the team around him in Chicago will better then what he had in Detroit..

Please people don't sleep on RIP.. If his head is in it and he wants to win this year.. Teams will be in trouble... Who do you focus on if RIP is nailing down shots off of screens? Do you sag off Rose? do you send two at RIP? If you do either Rose will penetrate or Rose will find the screener for a dunk.. Or RIP gets it and finds Boozer or Noah for a easy dunk..

Just think the screen plays that Korver ran and becasue of a lack of complete game, he couldn't make plays.. RIP can make those plays routinely because he understands running off screens and how to make a play..

kozelkid
12-11-2011, 05:16 PM
I definitely think he can be an average defender still. Playing for a contender should motivate him to do so. But at the end of the day, he is almost 34 years old. I just don't understand why people still expect 18-20 points and good/great D.

Lol I DEFINITELY don't expect him to get 18-20 a game. And if he is, it's probably a bad thing, lol.

12-14 is my number.

ChiSoxJuan
12-11-2011, 05:16 PM
You're stats don't add up. 52% of Rip's shots came at crunch time on the shot clock last yr. He was assisted 75% on those shots. No where close to the 93% you've stated. The reality Heat fans don't want to accept is that with Rip at SG, it becomes that much harder to trap/press Rose. If you guard Rip as much as you did Bogans then Rip will see near 100% assisted rates. If you don't think you won't get torched you're delusional. If you do guard Rip, your press/trap against Rose weakens. Even Lebron can't defend Rose 1-on-1.

By game-changer I mean Rip makes it easier for the Bulls to face the Heat. Easier typically means healthier. Healthier improves their odds greatly of beating the Heat.

If Rip can somehow recruit Billups to join the Bulls then we are talking Finals for the Bulls. Between Billups & Rip, Chicago is getting about 600 FTA's. To get Billups they will have to trade Korver, Watson, & Bogans. That exchange means about 350 more FTA's for the Bulls. That's as much about respect from refs as it is playmaking ability. Heat fans should understand that much.

ChI_ShIzzLe
12-11-2011, 05:18 PM
very possible... but it is also very likely that he just doesnt have the same lateral quickness he once had now that he is 33-34 years old. We will have to wait and see.

Ya well Ray Allen was pretty damn effective when he was 34 three years ago. Age doesn't really matter as long as you're effective. And Rip is still a terrific player.

daleja424
12-11-2011, 05:19 PM
I didnt say anything about clutch shots...

I said from 16-23 feet out (his favorite shot distance)...he was assisted on 92% of his shots last year

daleja424
12-11-2011, 05:19 PM
Ya well Ray Allen was pretty damn effective when he was 34 three years ago. Age doesn't really matter as long as you're effective. And Rip is still a terrific player.

You hope. according to the only one of us that actually watched him play nightly in recent years... he is not very terrific anymore...

ChiSoxJuan
12-11-2011, 05:22 PM
That may be his favorite distance but he didn't see it often enough. He had an overall assisted rate of 78%, & a crunch time rate of 75%. The majority of his shots were at crunch time.

Smooth_at_80
12-11-2011, 05:22 PM

Ray came to Boston at 32 and everyone thought he wasn't gonna produce and look what he has done the past four years in Boston He avg around 18-20 a game..

RIP comes to the Bulls at 33 and if he works hard he will score around the same amount of points.. The difference will be shot selection.. RIP will hit alot of mid range shots and get to the line.. I also believe he will become a better 3pt threat because he will get wide open looks like Ray gets in Boston...

AS A TEAM EVERYONE IS DANGEROUS BECAUSE IF YOU FOCUS ON DERRICK, THEN RIP, DENG WILL MAKE YOU PAY WITH HITTING OPEN JUMPERS AND GETTING TO THE PAINT.. IF YOU FOCUS ON THEM TWO THEN ROSE IS OPEN FOR PENETRATING AND HITTING HIS OWN SHOT AND FINDING THE BIGS DOWN LOW WITH ROOM TO WORK IN THE PAINT BECAUSE THERE WILL BE NO DOUBLE DOWNS FROM THE SG POSTION OR FROM THE SF.. IF THEY DO THEN YOU HAVE DENG AND RIP KNOCKING DOWN SHOTS..

EVERYONE IS SO AMAZED BY THE 3PT SHOT THAT THEY FORGET ABOUT THE MID RANGE GAME. SOMETHING QUEEN JAMES DOESN'T HAVE AND THE REASON WHY HE DOESN'T HAVE GREAT PLAYOFF GAMES LATER IN THE ROUNDS

Chi StateOfMind
12-11-2011, 05:24 PM
He hasnt signed yet and I dont believe nothin until they sign the dotted line.

Smooth_at_80
12-11-2011, 05:26 PM
You hope. according to the only one of us that actually watched him play nightly in recent years... he is not very terrific anymore...

Why would he be great for a team and a coach that sucks... Detroit isn't anything compared to Chicago.. We have a team that does not depend on RIP making shots.. We won 62 games last year.. insert a motivated RIP to play and fans in Detroit as the rest of the league will be upset because RIP will be playing for a contender..

daleja424
12-11-2011, 05:27 PM
:shrug:

we'll have to wait and see.

KINGBAIZE
12-11-2011, 05:53 PM

Actually...it opens up the entire floor. Rose can drive...kick it in to Boozer...hit deng in the corner, or kick it to Hamilton on the wing or at the free throw line

Gators123
12-11-2011, 07:20 PM
Ray came to Boston at 32 and everyone thought he wasn't gonna produce and look what he has done the past four years in Boston He avg around 18-20 a game..

RIP comes to the Bulls at 33 and if he works hard he will score around the same amount of points.. The difference will be shot selection.. RIP will hit alot of mid range shots and get to the line.. I also believe he will become a better 3pt threat because he will get wide open looks like Ray gets in Boston...

AS A TEAM EVERYONE IS DANGEROUS BECAUSE IF YOU FOCUS ON DERRICK, THEN RIP, DENG WILL MAKE YOU PAY WITH HITTING OPEN JUMPERS AND GETTING TO THE PAINT.. IF YOU FOCUS ON THEM TWO THEN ROSE IS OPEN FOR PENETRATING AND HITTING HIS OWN SHOT AND FINDING THE BIGS DOWN LOW WITH ROOM TO WORK IN THE PAINT BECAUSE THERE WILL BE NO DOUBLE DOWNS FROM THE SG POSTION OR FROM THE SF.. IF THEY DO THEN YOU HAVE DENG AND RIP KNOCKING DOWN SHOTS..

EVERYONE IS SO AMAZED BY THE 3PT SHOT THAT THEY FORGET ABOUT THE MID RANGE GAME. SOMETHING QUEEN JAMES DOESN'T HAVE AND THE REASON WHY HE DOESN'T HAVE GREAT PLAYOFF GAMES LATER IN THE ROUNDS

Rip is not Ray Allen though.

LA_Raiders
12-11-2011, 07:43 PM
great move by the bulls