PDA

View Full Version : Could the Heat swoop in and steal D12???

Ty Fast
12-11-2011, 04:35 AM
They could buy out Miller and then trade Bosh and some picks for Howard and Hedo. Bosh is way better than Lopez, Bynum or any old bums Dallas is offering. It seems like every team is making an offer, so why not the Heat. Pat Riley is a smart guy, and I dont think Howard would have a problem signing an extention.

Better-Than-You
12-11-2011, 04:36 AM
No

itsripcity32
12-11-2011, 04:37 AM
Give up lebron

bholly
12-11-2011, 04:39 AM
Nope. Unless they're giving up LeBron, they don't have the assets to get it done.

THE MTL
12-11-2011, 04:39 AM
Heat will probably get Dwight Howard in the offseason for the midlevel lol, since they get everyone at a discount

Lone Maverick
12-11-2011, 04:48 AM
I said that back in June partially as a joke but realistically thinking that LeBron, Bosh Dwight or Wade, Bosh Dwight is much better than what they currently have.

Wont happen though.

MFFL==FML
12-11-2011, 04:50 AM
In 2012-2013

MLE split between: Chris Paul, Deron Williams, and Dwight Howard
Vets min for: Chris Kaman, Ray Allen, Kevin Garnett, Tim Duncan

PG: Chris Paul, Deron Williams, Mario Chalmers
SG: Dywane Wade, Ray Allen, Mike Miller
SF: Lebron James, Shane Battier
PF: Chris Bosh, Kevin Garnett, Udonis Haslem
C : Dwight Howard, Tim Duncan, Chris Kaman

Maybe that might win Lebron a championship.

Edit: Isn't this basically team USA?

Iggz53
12-11-2011, 04:54 AM
I brought this question up in another thread. But the bottom line is Orlando would never deal Miami Dwight Howard. No GM in the East would do that.

gotoHcarolina52
12-11-2011, 04:55 AM
Send them Mike Miller, Joel Anthony, Eddie House and a HEAT Dancers calendar.

That should seal the deal.

Ty Fast
12-11-2011, 04:56 AM

riley would probably throw in his wife to get howard

abe_froman
12-11-2011, 04:57 AM
could they? hypothetically.but no,they wouldnt as it'd entail breaking up the triplets ,aswell as iggz said doubt magic would want any part of sending him(and a portion of the fanbase) to a team just a few hours away

nykobe24
Lol I came in this thread too see if posters would bash/joke on this guy but i was wrong. I wanted a good laugh.

naps
Bosh is miles and miles better than anything has been offered for Dwight so far. I don't think Orlando is gonna send him to Miami anyway though. If Miami had only Wade and Bosh OR only LeBron and Bosh then Otis would take that Bosh deal. They were already jealous about the Heat and definitely not gonna help form a Wade-LeBron-Dwight trio.

lavilevi23
12-11-2011, 05:01 AM
Imagine if that trade happend... We'd have the top 3 players in the NBA.

RevisIsland
12-11-2011, 05:03 AM
They should but they won't

seikou8
12-11-2011, 05:07 AM
trade the best player in the nba wow psd lerbon hate

MVPKOBE43
12-11-2011, 05:09 AM

keep dreamin

MackShock
12-11-2011, 05:09 AM
trading your best player to your rival?

Raph12
12-11-2011, 05:10 AM
Not happening, the only team Dwight said he would "never" sign with was the Heat... If the Heat want Dwight, they gotta give up Lebron or Wade.

Btw if the Heat are smart, they should trade Wade (I know it won't happen as Wade is Miami basketball) for D12 and let Lebron-Bosh-D12 dominate the league for the next 5-10 seasons.

seikou8
12-11-2011, 05:13 AM
Not happening, the only team Dwight said he would "never" sign with was the Heat... If the Heat want Dwight, they gotta give up Lebron or Wade.

Btw if the Heat are smart, they should trade Wade (I know it won't happen as Wade is Miami basketball) for D12 and let Lebron-Bosh-D12 dominate the league for the next 5-10 seasons.

wade is going to retire a member of the heat

ThunderousDemon
12-11-2011, 05:16 AM

Might as well send them Erik Spoelstra and the rest of the coaching staff.

Bruno
12-11-2011, 05:22 AM
the heat should trade LBJ for howard. it'd make them a better team.

not saying Howard is better than james. the pieces just fit better. synergy is key.

Dade County
12-11-2011, 05:23 AM
Bosh gets traded to another team for young talent & draft picks, the the HEAT ship that to the magic (only if Howard signs E&T)...

Not going to happen because Howard says he will never sign with the HEAT; but these players do lie, so anything can happen.

And for ANYONE that is saying trade Wade or Lbj for anyone... get rid of your fingers please, thank you.

goalie
12-11-2011, 05:30 AM

the heat are getting dirk, kobe and rose? neat.

greek miami hea
12-11-2011, 05:39 AM
im happy with bosh and so should be all of the heat fans

Aust
12-11-2011, 05:42 AM
Sure! Why not! I mean as long as the Lakers aren't involved I suppose anything is possible

SaimuKala
Wade Bosh Howard would work better than Wade Lebron Bosh

Raph12
Bosh gets traded to another team for young talent & draft picks, the the HEAT ship that to the magic (only if Howard signs E&T)...

Not going to happen because Howard says he will never sign with the HEAT; but these players do lie, so anything can happen.

And for ANYONE that is saying trade Wade or Lbj for anyone... get rid of your fingers please, thank you.

Problem with your theory is this; if the team that trades for Bosh has its assets going to Orlando, why wouldn't they just trade for the best center in the league directly instead of taking Bosh?

Ie: If the Heat trade Bosh to Houston for Scola-Martin-CLee/TWill, why would the Rockets just not trade all of those guys for D12 themselves?

wade is going to retire a member of the heat

I know, just saying the Heat would be unstoppable if they did... D12 wouldn't like that anyways seeming as how he's closer to Wade than Lebron.

Cal827
12-11-2011, 05:52 AM
Ok, as a Raptor fan, I know how good Bosh is. This comment is by no means intent on taking a shot at him.

Bosh is a very good player, but he won't be able to be "number 1 option/franchise player" and lead that team far, he could be a 1A (as I thought Miami was going to do... until Lebron declared the next day lol). Again, very few can (e.g. Kobe, Wade, Lebron, Howard). In Toronto, he was the number one option, but despite his good numbers, we basically were a lower seed or a 9th placed team. Which gets to my second point. Bosh would likely lead that team to a mediocre record, in the range of where Toronto was with him (6th-10th). When a team loses a franchise player, I think we can all agree that they would start rebuilding (well maybe not the teams blessed with more than 1 lol). A bottom seed or a late elimination would just plain delay the rebuild since they would end up with mid teen picks, rather than the high picks that could really turn a season around.

Otis Smith would be stupid to trade Howard to a division to a rival for Bosh. It makes them oh soo much stronger with the three best players in the league (having both the best 2 offensively and best defensively) and it'll just delay the inevitable for the Magic. As Dade mentioned, Riley would have to be able to rip apart a young team and a dumb GM for prospects and draft picks for Bosh before even having a chance. Then again, Dade also thinks that everybody is going to sign with Miami for the vet min and MLE.... just joking around man :D

Lebron and Howard are soo damn good at what they do, it seems like both teams are getting ripped off in that proposal lol

AllBall
12-11-2011, 05:54 AM
No, we cant.

We don't have the cap room to take on Hedo's bloated contract. Any team getting Howard will be getting Hedo as well. Otis Smith would be a dumbass not to unload that toxic contract.

justinnum1
12-11-2011, 06:39 AM
Ok, as a Raptor fan, I know how good Bosh is. This comment is by no means intent on taking a shot at him.

Bosh is a very good player, but he won't be able to be "number 1 option/franchise player" and lead that team far, he could be a 1A (as I thought Miami was going to do... until Lebron declared the next day lol). Again, very few can (e.g. Kobe, Wade, Lebron, Howard). In Toronto, he was the number one option, but despite his good numbers, we basically were a lower seed or a 9th placed team. Which gets to my second point. Bosh would likely lead that team to a mediocre record, in the range of where Toronto was with him (6th-10th). When a team loses a franchise player, I think we can all agree that they would start rebuilding (well maybe not the teams blessed with more than 1 lol). A bottom seed or a late elimination would just plain delay the rebuild since they would end up with mid teen picks, rather than the high picks that could really turn a season around.

Otis Smith would be stupid to trade Howard to a division to a rival for Bosh. It makes them oh soo much stronger with the three best players in the league (having both the best 2 offensively and best defensively) and it'll just delay the inevitable for the Magic. As Dade mentioned, Riley would have to be able to rip apart a young team and a dumb GM for prospects and draft picks for Bosh before even having a chance. Then again, Dade also thinks that everybody is going to sign with Miami for the vet min and MLE.... just joking around man :D

Lebron and Howard are soo damn good at what they do, it seems like both teams are getting ripped off in that proposal lol

But andrew bymun is :confused: lmao

justinnum1
12-11-2011, 06:39 AM
No, we cant.

We don't have the cap room to take on Hedo's bloated contract. Any team getting Howard will be getting Hedo as well. Otis Smith would be a dumbass not to unload that toxic contract.

He has become the new kahn, so who knows

ankit
12-11-2011, 07:08 AM
The only way this happens if Wade or Lebron gets traded and the Heat should seriously consider that. Imagine this Bosh will be playing at his true powerforward spot and Dwight at centre and pick your posion who stays wade or james. But i doubt Howard would sign an extension to play in Miami. Im off the opinion that Wade gets traded but then again he is the reason why the Big Three are in Miami and plus he is one of the loyalest superstars in the Nba he could have gone anywhere but decided to stay in Miami.

However if you get to trade Bosh for Howard there is a stron strong possibility that Miami turns into a dynasty. :D but that will never happen loll

ankit
12-11-2011, 07:14 AM
Im starting to wonder why did HEdo get that contract in the first place ohh wait it was the Raptors loll but then again I wonder why did the Magic trade for him again so pathetic. :facepalm: The Magic had enough time to surround Dwight with a superstar but they chose Turkolou and a guy who likes bringing guns to areanas to shoot instead of shooting hoops :facepalm:

onlythisfar41
12-11-2011, 07:29 AM
Lol I came in this thread too see if posters would bash/joke on this guy but i was wrong. I wanted a good laugh.

Haha i know right, I expected to see a litany of responses calling the OP stupid because there is obviously ZERO chance this happens.

Instead I see an actual argument over how it could happen and who the heat would give up to do so.

justinnum1
12-11-2011, 07:35 AM
At the end of the day, magic are not going to get very better than bosh.

bosh>bymun
bosh>gasoft(due to age)
bosh>loopez
bosh>noah

he might not be a #1 option, but orlando is not getting a #1 option from anyone. Too bad.

LeMarcus
12-11-2011, 07:52 AM
Regardless of the possibility with probability, which is in the 1% range, I hate to even think about this scenario.
I will stop watching basketball forever

Raps18-19 Champ
12-11-2011, 07:53 AM
No way.

Why would they trade their best player to the same division. Bosh is a bum compared to what they can get since he wouldn't fit their plans.

Cal827
12-11-2011, 01:47 PM
But andrew bymun is :confused: lmao

lol, hell no, but as you mentioned in the previous post... Otis Smith is a Dumbass... Any smart Gm would just let Howard walk over taking glass knees ... but Otis is probably not thinking like that lol

GOON MUSIC
12-11-2011, 01:54 PM
I'd blow up that team bus so fast

Kobe4Life
12-11-2011, 02:09 PM
They could buy out Miller and then trade Bosh and some picks for Howard and Hedo. Bosh is way better than Lopez, Bynum or any old bums Dallas is offering. It seems like every team is making an offer, so why not the Heat. Pat Riley is a smart guy, and I dont think Howard would have a problem signing an extention.

Bosh is not better than Bynum. Heat Fans Lol. Where did you all come from? Oh yeah the Big 3 came together.

sunsfan88
12-11-2011, 02:11 PM
At the end of the day, magic are not going to get very better than bosh.

bosh>bymun
bosh>gasoft(due to age)
bosh>loopez
bosh>noah

he might not be a #1 option, but orlando is not getting a #1 option from anyone. Too bad.
Your sig is just so funny cause Bulls fans can just make one of LeBron and put "remember this number: 2 .... Its my scoring average in the 4th QTR of the finals"

Im not a LeBron hater but I just dont see how Miami fans can make fun of Rose not being clutch when they all saw how effective LeBron was in clutch situations in the finals...not to forget Rose had to do it by himself while Lebron had help.

omagicdon
12-11-2011, 02:13 PM
I brought this question up in another thread. But the bottom line is Orlando would never deal Miami Dwight Howard. No GM in the East would do that.
NUFF SAID! To be honest,It would not shock me,if any GM would be stupid enough,THAT'S OUR GM! GO MAGIC, FLUCK D12.

PacersForLife
12-11-2011, 02:13 PM
This thread=:facepalm:

KnickaBocka.44
12-11-2011, 02:14 PM
Bosh is not better than Bynum. Heat Fans Lol. Where did you all come from? Oh yeah the Big 3 came together.

I dunno man. I will take Bosh for 70 games ( of an 82 game season) over Bynum for 50 games any day of the week.

Gibby
12-11-2011, 02:21 PM
i dont see what the magic see in bynum. I personally think bosh is better but neither is good enough for howard.

M.Bibby2.0
12-11-2011, 02:22 PM
It wont happen.

But If I'm the Heat, I'd give up
Wade + Bosh for D12+Nelson

Both sides win in my opinion, heat give up a lot but look at this line up:

Nelson
Battier
Lebron
Haslem
Dwight

:drool:

The defense, rebounding, 3 pt shooting, post offense, playmaking would be sick, plus the heat would get a bit more financial flexibility to build a better bench. and its not like they'd have any injury plagued stars, LBJ and D12 are durable.
On the other hand Magic gains 2 all stars and can still compete, just need a new C.

sb123
12-11-2011, 02:23 PM
Bosh for D12?

LOL.

retep2281
12-11-2011, 02:26 PM

Pretty sure Commish would veto that one too! Lol

2-15's4-22's
12-11-2011, 02:27 PM
why would the heat do that if they was only 2 games from being champs with lbj playing like dodo

kobebabe
12-11-2011, 02:34 PM
nice try

smith&wesson
12-11-2011, 02:43 PM
what picks do the heat have ? what does "bosh and some picks" mean ?

bosh and 2 2nd round picks ? hahahahahahahaaha

if they are first round picks then hell yes. you get an all star and 2 firsts you do that trade.

smith&wesson
12-11-2011, 02:45 PM
It wont happen.

But If I'm the Heat, I'd give up
Wade + Bosh for D12+Nelson

Both sides win in my opinion, heat give up a lot but look at this line up:

Nelson
Battier
Lebron
Haslem
Dwight

:drool:

The defense, rebounding, 3 pt shooting, post offense, playmaking would be sick, plus the heat would get a bit more financial flexibility to build a better bench. and its not like they'd have any injury plagued stars, LBJ and D12 are durable.
On the other hand Magic gains 2 all stars and can still compete, just need a new C.

you really think the heat would trade d.wade ? thats not happening. and that is too much for howard.

d.wade alone would be enough in a trade for howard.

29$JerZ
12-11-2011, 02:47 PM
No

Ill21
12-11-2011, 02:48 PM
Trade Miller and Haslem for Dwight. Sign Cp3 for vet min

Paul
Wade
LeBron
Bosh
Howard

JollyRanch
12-11-2011, 02:49 PM
hell no

kjoke
12-11-2011, 02:49 PM
Miller, Chalmers, Bosh and Pittman. It's horrible but thats the best the HEAT can do.

WadeCounty
12-11-2011, 02:56 PM
I would not hesitate trading bosh for howard, I as well would not hesitate to trade LBJ for Howard straight up either (one or the other but not both together).

Udonis would get more minutes at PF and he's a great role player. Shane battier/ James jones will get more minutes at small forward more great role players and great 3 point shooting from james jones.

UPRock
12-11-2011, 02:59 PM
Its not going to happen.

Heatcheck
12-11-2011, 03:06 PM
the heat are getting dirk, kobe and rose? neat.

TOP 3, not 3 players in the top ten.

Ty Fast
12-11-2011, 03:08 PM
keep dreamin

lol at your sig

Ty Fast
12-11-2011, 03:10 PM
Bosh for D12?

LOL.

its better than bynum or lopez or odom for howard

Dade County
12-11-2011, 03:13 PM
Problem with your theory is this; if the team that trades for Bosh has its assets going to Orlando, why wouldn't they just trade for the best center in the league directly instead of taking Bosh?

Because Howard wouldn't resign with that team...

Ie: If the Heat trade Bosh to Houston for Scola-Martin-CLee/TWill, why would the Rockets just not trade all of those guys for D12 themselves?

Because Howard wouldn't resign with the Rockets...

J_M_B
12-11-2011, 03:15 PM
:laugh2:

Otis and the Magic would never allow that to happen .. besides the Heat have nothing of value to offer except for Bosh and that's far from Orlando's asking price.

J_M_B
12-11-2011, 03:17 PM
Because Howard wouldn't resign with that team...

Because Howard wouldn't resign with the Rockets...

Who said Howard would resign with us?

I think Howard has made it obvious that he doesn't like Miami...

gwrighter
12-11-2011, 03:20 PM
lol there is no way they are trading their franchise player to an in-state rival.

Heatcheck
12-11-2011, 03:21 PM
its better than bynum or lopez or odom for howard

Just because its better doesnt make it a good trade

Dade County
12-11-2011, 03:22 PM
As Dade mentioned, Riley would have to be able to rip apart a young team and a dumb GM for prospects and draft picks for Bosh before even having a chance. Then again, Dade also thinks that everybody is going to sign with Miami for the vet min and MLE.... just joking around man :D

:nod: I do have problems .... Discounted!!!

ldawg
12-11-2011, 03:36 PM
its better than bynum or lopez or odom for howardrather take Bynum, Bynum own Bosh when playing head to head.

Slug3
12-11-2011, 03:48 PM
Why is this not even closed yet? This will never happen and the reason is they are in the division.

justinnum1
12-11-2011, 03:52 PM
rather take Bynum, Bynum own Bosh when playing head to head.

Cool, then bosh wins because Bynum will probably be injured.

Evolution23
12-11-2011, 03:52 PM
lol Bosh for Dwight?

Evolution23
12-11-2011, 03:53 PM
Cool, then bosh wins because Bynum will probably be injured.

yeah but Bosh cries after he loses. So with that logic Bynum > Bosh.

ankit
12-16-2011, 02:47 AM
Trade Miller and Haslem for Dwight. Sign Cp3 for vet min

Paul
Wade
LeBron
Bosh
Howard

What crack have you been smoking loll. Cp3 for a vetrans minimum that made me laugh. Dwight for Haslem and Miller.:facepalm: Why didnt you also say Kobe for Joel Anthony and Carmello for a second round pick loll

Dade County
12-16-2011, 02:54 AM

I don't believe anything that comes out of these players mouths.

But yes, Howard has made it known that he doesn't like the HEAT.

Mr_Amaziing
12-16-2011, 03:07 AM
Not unless they trade Lebron or Wade

Bulldogs100
12-16-2011, 03:09 AM
If Miami gets Dwight they should get tampons instead of rings...WNBA all *****

billsftw
12-16-2011, 03:10 AM

how does that logic work?
here's a good equation for you: tyson chandler @ 4 years and 58 million = overpaid = recipe for disaster

John Walls Era
12-16-2011, 03:14 AM

Its clear Howard is a hypocrite, so we can't take him too seriously.

John Walls Era
12-16-2011, 03:15 AM

So did Reggie Miller, but he still squashed the Knicks.

naps
12-16-2011, 03:15 AM
Bynum has become the most overrated player in the nba with all these Dwight talks. If I were Magic, I would rather let Dwight walk than taking on GlassKnees.

As for Dwight to Miami, not going to happen. However, no team can offer a better piece than Chris Bosh for Dwight Howard. Stop all the hate on Bosh just because he's a HEAT.

MJ-BULLS
12-16-2011, 03:17 AM
no ****ing way he goes to the heat.

Raph12
12-16-2011, 03:17 AM
I don't believe anything that comes out of these players mouths.

But yes, Howard has made it known that he doesn't like the HEAT.

It's not the Heat he doesn't like, it is Lebron... Wade and Bosh are both good friends of his, Lebron not so much.

John Walls Era
12-16-2011, 03:18 AM
It's not the Heat he doesn't like, it is Lebron... Wade and Bosh are both good friends of his, Lebron not so much.

Chokers need love too :(

Actually a Lebron for Dwight trade wouldn't be a bad idea, but Heat would never do that.

showtime24
12-16-2011, 03:23 AM
Aint gonna happen. No way Majic trade D12 to a Eastern Conference team especially the madapaking HEAT!

KingPosey
12-16-2011, 03:26 AM
Bosh is not "way better" than Bynum, or Lopez. Healthier than bynum? Sure, but as far as guys with low post game, that can play on the block, which is what the Heat need, youre crazy.

Especially if they could have gotten Odom before his free give away to DAL, that deal is absurdly better than a Bosh package.

Bulldogs100
12-16-2011, 03:30 AM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=cmvk54z **** it if i'm magic FO and we are going to lose dwight, might as well **** every other team in the league over that didn't want to offer a good trade

MossyMoss
12-16-2011, 03:32 AM
Trade Wade For D12, Lebron and D12 would be better team than Lebron and Wade IMO.

GhostfaceDrilla
12-16-2011, 03:36 AM
Yeah. And then you guys will trade for Dirk, Williams, Rose, Griffin, Gasol, and Durant.

Dade County
12-16-2011, 03:36 AM
no ****ing way he goes to the heat.

Calm down... lol

naps
12-16-2011, 03:41 AM
Bosh is not "way better" than Bynum, or Lopez. Healthier than bynum? Sure, but as far as guys with low post game, that can play on the block, which is what the Heat need, youre crazy.

What??? Bosh is so much better as a player it's not even close. Stop joking.

Don't try to twist it with low post BS cuz they play different positions. I can say bynum has no range like Bosh. No point. And I was not talking about Heat's need. It's all about offers for Dwight and Orlando's need.

naps
12-16-2011, 03:44 AM
Yeah. And then you guys will trade for Dirk, Williams, Rose, Griffin, Gasol, and Durant.

Get off Dirk's nuts dude.

mdm692
12-16-2011, 03:54 AM
Anybody thinking D12 will be a Heat player just stop. :facepalm:

It is more likely that lebron becomes a cavalier again before D12 ever plays along side Wade and Bron in Mia.