PDA

View Full Version : Lakers Possibly Get Full MLE

kblo247
12-11-2011, 03:54 AM
As of now, the Lakers could be an amnesty away from being able to use their full MLE.

https://twitter.com/#!/DrewUnga/status/145762078681079808

The trade they made could net them the full $5M MLE it seems. All the team has to do is amnesty one of the likely candidates in Luke, Artest, or Blake.

They would then have the Full MLE, Sasha TPE, Odom TPE, 1st round pick, Dallas pick, Pau who is wanted by Houston, and Bynum as their assets.

So do you think LA uses the amnesty to get the full MLE and use it on a Landry?

They would keep their exceptions and be able to possibly make a deal, so I feel it is likely that they use the amnesty card and play with their other assets

Cano-Montero...
12-11-2011, 03:57 AM
The trade they made could net them the full $5M MLE it seems. All the team has to do is amnesty one of the likely candidates in Luke, Artest, or Blake.

They would then have the Full MLE, Sasha TPE, Odom TPE, 1st round pick, Dallas pick, Pau who is wanted by Houston, and Bynum as their assets.

So do you think LA uses the amnesty to get the full MLE and use it on a Landry?

They would keep their exceptions and be able to possibly make a deal, so I feel it is likely that they use the amnesty card and play with their other assets

Use it on Blake....

Puke will expire in 2 years..Blake 3...

Raph12
12-11-2011, 04:01 AM
So what? Trade Pau to Houston for KMart-Scola-youngin(maybe CLee), then trade Bynum & TEs to get Dwight-Nelson and then sign Landry with the MLE?

PG - Fisher/Blake
SG - Kobe/Lee
SF - KMart/Artest
PF - Scola/Landry
C - Dwight/?

Keep dreaming Lakeshow, that is not happening...

Giraffes Rule
12-11-2011, 04:08 AM
So what? Trade Pau to Houston for KMart-Scola-youngin(maybe CLee), then trade Bynum & TEs to get Dwight-Nelson and then sign Landry with the MLE?

PG - Fisher/Blake
SG - Kobe/Lee
SF - KMart/Artest
PF - Scola/Landry
C - Dwight/?

Keep dreaming Lakeshow, that is not happening...

TPEs are not transferable, nor can they be combined with other players in a trade.

Also, KMart playing small forward? :laugh:

gwrighter
12-11-2011, 04:12 AM
:yawn:

naps
12-11-2011, 04:23 AM
Lakers forum?? This place is already flooded with Lakers threads. I am sure a lot of people don't care about this, therefore, doesn't belong here.

RevisIsland
12-11-2011, 04:25 AM
My guess is they use the TPE on a point guard (nobody jumps to mind, maybe Jose Calderon? Andre Miller?), the MLE on a big guy off the bench (Kris Humphries?) and don't make any major trades going into the season.

lavilevi23
12-11-2011, 04:54 AM
I say they should use the amnesty on Luke Walton and sign Richard Jefferson with the MLE.
They can also keep Luke and use the mini MLE on Josh Howard.

Kevj77
12-11-2011, 06:12 AM
No they aren't. Lakers had 91 million dollars payroll before trading Odom. Lamar made 8.9 million so now its at 82 million. The cap is 58 million. To use the MLE you need to be 1 million under the cap because of the cap + 4 rule in the new CBA. How are the Lakers going to get from 82 million to 57 million?

The only person on the Lakers making that much money is Kobe and it would be insane to amnesty Kobe to use the MLE. Technically I guess it is possible, but completely insane.

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/la_lakers.htm

Livedraz
12-11-2011, 07:11 AM
You can use the full MLE by being under the luxury taxe (around $70 million).

My question is : Do the Lakers gets a Trade Player Exception for trading Odom ?
Yes, nearly $9 million.

xnick5757
12-11-2011, 10:52 AM
in 2013/2014 Kobe will be making more then 50% of their cap LOL

Cano-Montero...
12-11-2011, 10:54 AM
No they aren't. Lakers had 91 million dollars payroll before trading Odom. Lamar made 8.9 million so now its at 82 million. The cap is 58 million. To use the MLE you need to be 1 million under the cap because of the cap + 4 rule in the new CBA. How are the Lakers going to get from 82 million to 57 million?

The only person on the Lakers making that much money is Kobe and it would be insane to amnesty Kobe to use the MLE. Technically I guess it is possible, but completely insane.

you must be below 70 mil or the luxury threshold...no way LA goes that down...

Giraffes Rule
12-11-2011, 05:16 PM

The line to get the full MLE is $74.3 million. Been reading about it for weeks with all the RJ/Spurs talk.

Cal827
12-11-2011, 05:39 PM
How much exactly do you guys have in TPE from Odom and Sasha?