PDA

View Full Version : One Amnesty = Full MLE

kblo247
12-11-2011, 03:39 AM
As of now, the Lakers could be an amnesty away from being able to use their full MLE.

https://twitter.com/#!/DrewUnga/status/145762078681079808

The trade they made could net them the full $5M MLE it seems. All the team has to do is amnesty one of the likely candidates in Luke, Artest, or Blake.

They would then have the Full MLE, Sasha TPE, Odom TPE, 1st round pick, Dallas pick, Pau who is wanted by Houston, and Bynum as their assets.

So do you think LA uses the amnesty to get the full MLE and use it on a Landry?

They would keep their exceptions and be able to possibly make a deal, so I feel it is likely

nykobe24
12-11-2011, 03:44 AM
So we have 2 1st round picks correct?

Lakers + Giants
12-11-2011, 03:56 AM
If we do this and sign Landry for the Full MLE then we basically got a player of odom's caliber back and we would still have that TE, plus another TE, and still 2 1st round picks. Damn, not bad at all IMO.

RollinDeep
12-11-2011, 04:05 AM
And the plot thickens...again.

I have faith in you Mitch.

RoyalG333
12-11-2011, 12:14 PM
The trade they made could net them the full $5M MLE it seems. All the team has to do is amnesty one of the likely candidates in Luke, Artest, or Blake.

They would then have the Full MLE, Sasha TPE, Odom TPE, 1st round pick, Dallas pick, Pau who is wanted by Houston, and Bynum as their assets.

They would keep their exceptions and be able to possibly make a deal, so I feel it is likely

Very Plausible.

But at this point, I don't think the league/Stern/Hornets will give up CP3 short of both Gasol and Bynum

markkk89
12-11-2011, 12:25 PM

I doubt that will happen, they'll probably save the amnesty for turkoglu. unless they want to pay 40-50million in tax in the last year of his contract.

Exceptions cannot be added together, and Sasha's is already expiring. I mean what's the point of trading Lamar to the team that swept us last year to get someone less talented? Why not any other team?

That exception from Lamar, can't be used for turkoglu, unless the deal is to send luke with lamar to dallas then we can use that exception for turkoglu.

Up until now i have no idea why we did that trade, lets just wait and see. Im not doubting Kupchak until the trade deadline..

HOLY TOLEDO
12-11-2011, 12:58 PM
Very Plausible.

But at this point, I don't think the league/Stern/Hornets will give up CP3 short of both Gasol and Bynum

The league may have no choice if this ends up in court which is very possible.

KillaInstinct24
12-11-2011, 01:27 PM
Supposedly we're expected to contact billups

Laker Legend42
12-11-2011, 04:26 PM
Supposedly we're expected to contact billups

This is one of the reasons that I think the Lakers backed off of the paul trade. Theres also an interview that a pissed off Billups gave saying he still has a few good years left and he's tired of being the good guy. He doesn't want to be a mentor to some young pg. He says he wants to start and he wants to win now.

RoyalG333
12-11-2011, 04:29 PM
This is one of the reasons that I think the Lakers backed off of the paul trade. Theres also an interview that a pissed off Billups gave saying he still has a few good years left and he's tired of being the good guy. He doesn't want to be a mentor to some young pg. He says he wants to start and he wants to win now.

That may be good for winning now, but it's still has issues...

I mean our back court is still very old with Billups

BigShot/Fisher/Blake/Bryant

These guys are all over 30. Not that it wont work, I think having Billups is better than not having him. Rather see him start than Fish at this point.

Better-Than-You
12-11-2011, 04:37 PM

Wrong, the Lakers backed off because Stern is a ***** and won't get off his high horse.

Laker Legend42
12-11-2011, 04:39 PM
That may be good for winning now, but it's still has issues...

I mean our back court is still very old with Billups

BigShot/Fisher/Blake/Bryant

These guys are all over 30. Not that it wont work, I think having Billups is better than not having him. Rather see him start than Fish at this point.I agree but looking at the current pg situation Billups is the best option for now. I also don't think the Lakers trade LO without a rock solid counter move in the pocket. Love him or hate him,Mitch and the Lakers FO is one of the best in the game. No team keeps moves under wraps better. I have to believe D12 is on his way. If so Billups makes perfect sense.

Laker Legend42
12-11-2011, 04:43 PM
Wrong, the Lakers backed off because Stern is a ***** and won't get off his high horse.I didn't say this was the only reason. I said "I think" it's one of the reasons. i agree with your assesment of D.Stearn,I'm just not sure where I'm wrong.

gr824
12-11-2011, 05:00 PM
I doubt that will happen, they'll probably save the amnesty for turkoglu. unless they want to pay 40-50million in tax in the last year of his contract.

Exceptions cannot be added together, and Sasha's is already expiring. I mean what's the point of trading Lamar to the team that swept us last year to get someone less talented? Why not any other team?

That exception from Lamar, can't be used for turkoglu, unless the deal is to send luke with lamar to dallas then we can use that exception for turkoglu.

Up until now i have no idea why we did that trade, lets just wait and see. Im not doubting Kupchak until the trade deadline..

The Lakers cannot amnesty Hedo if they get him; Orlando could amnesty him, but I doubt that they want to do that, since he does have some utility, just NOT $35 million worth ...