PDA

View Full Version : If you were the Lakers, why would you...

Il Mago50
12-11-2011, 02:05 AM
potentially trade Bynum, Gasol and picks for Howard and baggage. The execs seem to forget that they won back to back titles a year and a half ago...

Howard is the most valuable player in the league but come on...that's way too much...

JohnnyOutcast
12-11-2011, 02:10 AM
Hes the best big man in the game bar none and he's 26 years old. Kobe is 33 and has clocked a lot of hours on his body. Howard gives them a major piece to build with moving forward. LA can easily sign free agents (Chris Paul) to put around him.

JordansBulls
12-11-2011, 02:13 AM
potentially trade Bynum, Gasol and picks for Howard and baggage. The execs seem to forget that they won back to back titles a year and a half ago...

Howard is the most valuable player in the league but come on...that's way too much...

Team is getting older and the Lakers need someone to take over for Kobe once he leaves.

ldawg
12-11-2011, 02:21 AM
No i would not I love Howard but if it cost both Pau and Bynum with no cp3 then no. I would love to pair him up with Pau up front along with Kobe and a so so pg and Cut Artest and Sign a faster sf in his place.

Gibby
12-11-2011, 02:23 AM
giving up two quality starters seems like a lot but howard is one of a kind. Its easier to find role players to put around kobe and dwight than to find a superstar like dwight.

Better-Than-You
12-11-2011, 02:29 AM

no that's stupid and if that happens ill be pissed. Odom, Bynum, and Gasol for Howard and trash??? NTY

soundjunkies2
12-11-2011, 02:30 AM
EDIT: Scratch that. It's not possible

310Casper
12-11-2011, 03:03 AM
Bynum's knees are always a concern. Always misses half a season.
Odom only brings his A game every 3 games and getting older.
Gasol would the biggest loss to the Lakers in this scenario.

But all of the above for a 26 year old Dwight Howard at the prime age of 26 ? Sign me up.
Howard is worth 5 bynums.

Assuming the above happens this year, (d12/kobe + scubs), they wont get to the Finals this short season.

But add in cp3 in 66 games time, which will fly.... then you have a trio to build around.

TylerSL
12-11-2011, 03:16 AM
Hes the best big man in the game bar none and he's 26 years old. Kobe is 33 and has clocked a lot of hours on his body. Howard gives them a major piece to build with moving forward. LA can easily sign free agents (Chris Paul) to put around him.

no they cant, they are currently 35 million over the cap....

Even if they made a deal of Howard/Turk for Gasol/Bynum, they are still 31 million over the cap. They arent signing anybody.........