PDA

View Full Version : Knicks In Serious Talks For Jamal Crawford

Punk
12-10-2011, 11:51 PM
Alex Kennedy:
The New York Knicks have emerged as a surprising suitor for Jamal Crawford. Details: http://tinyurl.com/7wtazpn 2 minutes ago

One day after reaching a surprising agreement with center Tyson Chandler, the New York Knicks are attempting to acquire another notable free agent. The Knicks are zeroing in on Jamal Crawford and trying to add the veteran shooting guard through a sign-and-trade, according to sources close to the situation.

The Knicks contacted Crawford’s camp on Friday and are trying to sell him on the situation. Crawford would have to take a significant pay cut to join the Knicks, but sources say he’s open to the idea.

New York is over the cap and has no exception money. They also have few trade assets to offer. If the Hawks were willing to do a sign-and-trade with New York built around Renaldo Balkman’s $1.67 million deal, Bill Walker’s $916,000 deal and Toney Douglas’ $1.145 million deal, the Knicks would be sending out $3.73 million in salaries. The new collective bargaining agreement would allow New York to take back 150 percent plus or minus $100,000, which would give Crawford a starting salary of $5.6 million.

Last season, Crawford averaged 14.2 points for the Atlanta Hawks. In 2010, Crawford won the NBA’s Sixth Man of the Year award. Mike Woodson, who is now an assistant coach with the Knicks, coached Crawford in Atlanta and the two are still very close.

The Knicks are doing whatever they can to surround Carmelo Anthony and Amar’e Stoudemire with talent. The addition of Chandler was a start and they’d love to add Crawford to their core as well.

Jesus Christ, I don't even know what to say.

Cal827
12-10-2011, 11:53 PM
I'm going to say this... how many teams was he rumored to be close to signing with... not just him, it seems like every free agent out there is close to signing with like 4 teams within 21 hours. lol

Be a good addition for them though.

RevisIsland
12-10-2011, 11:53 PM
Can we just say the Knicks are in serious talks with every available guard?

Cal827
12-10-2011, 11:54 PM
Can we just say the Knicks are in serious talks with every available guard?

This just in, every player is in serious talks with 29 teams about signing. The one unanimous team nobody is talking to is the Cleveland Cavailers lol

Jay22Redd
12-10-2011, 11:56 PM
What SGs do the Knicks have right now???

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-10-2011, 11:57 PM
The New York Knicks - the biggest winners of the 2011-2012 NBA Free Agency!

3mikee_
12-10-2011, 11:57 PM
Knicks have a clutter at the guard spot now... Shumpert ..Fields.. Douglas.. Bibby.. and if they get Crawford..

waveycrockett
12-10-2011, 11:59 PM
Donnie Walsh's spent years of hard work to get this franchise back to respectability and out of cap hell and worthless contracts but the Knicks have just taken one big huge dump on it this summer lol

beasted86
12-11-2011, 12:00 AM
Seems like Crawford's camp is trying to drive up his market value.

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-11-2011, 12:00 AM
Starting 5 for the Knicks

PG - Iman Shumpert
SG - Jamal Crawford
SF - Carmelo Anthony
PF - Amare Stoudemire
C - Tyson Chandler

6th Man - Landry Fields

Crackadalic
12-11-2011, 12:01 AM
He's out of our price range unless he takes less

knicks=love
12-11-2011, 12:02 AM
if we get crawford, i wonder what they would do with him. start him at PG and have fields at SG? start douglas at PG and fields at SG and then have him at the 6th man? or start douglas at PG and crawford at SG with fields at the 6th man?

i'm not sure what i would want, but i would LOVE for him to come back more than anyone that we've ever traded. i was so upset when we traded him (nate is a close 2nd) so i'd go nuts if we got him. make it happen grunwold! the man is doing work!

Deception
12-11-2011, 12:03 AM
Looks like a solid starting line-up depending on how well Shumpert plays in the league. I don't see the Bulls going after both Rip and Crawford and see Rip for sure going to the Bulls, meaning the Knicks look like Crawfords best option

knicks=love
12-11-2011, 12:03 AM
Starting 5 for the Knicks

PG - Iman Shumpert
SG - Jamal Crawford
SF - Carmelo Anthony
PF - Amare Stoudemire
C - Tyson Chandler

6th Man - Landry Fields

shumpert won't start day 1. he's gotta beat out douglas to begin with, and if the bibby signing is done, he'll have to beat him out too, which shouldn't be hard.

knicks=love
12-11-2011, 12:05 AM
oh i didn't even see that douglas would be going in the deal. well, that sucks.

gotoHcarolina52
12-11-2011, 12:05 AM
The New York Knicks - the biggest winners of the 2011-2012 NBA Free Agency!

:laugh: They may be a year too late, but they're still brushing their shoulders off

DR_1
12-11-2011, 12:06 AM
I don't even know what to say.

Pretty much this... Knicks look line they could be really scary.

allSUAVE
12-11-2011, 12:06 AM
I'm loving our GM Glen Grunwald

He's trying and working hard you can tell

Punk
12-11-2011, 12:07 AM
Heat fans talking when they signed Eddy Curry? C'mon guys lol

Twista
12-11-2011, 12:07 AM
Bulls fan, I totally jelly

gotoHcarolina52
12-11-2011, 12:08 AM

It's all in good fun. :silly:

Knicks fans were coming into our forum and posting pictures of Eddy Curry dressed as a big mac. LOL!

In all seriousness, the Knicks have gotten a lot better. They will be a team to be reckoned with this season. Should be a lot of fun.

PacersForLife
12-11-2011, 12:09 AM
Seems like Crawford's camp is trying to drive up his market value.

If that's the case you can count Indiana out of the picture. We have a ton of cap, but haven't signed anybody significant yet. The front office does not want to take on big contracts and get in the same mess that caused them to suffer the past few years, which is a pretty smart move.

PacersForLife
12-11-2011, 12:10 AM
It's all in good fun. :silly:

Knicks fans were coming into our forum and posting pictures of Curry dressed as a big mac. LOL!

In all seriousness, the Knicks have gotten a lot better. They will be a team to be reckoned with this season. Should be a lot of fun.

Lol, I've noticed you are always saying positive stuff when it's never about your team... you are a Heat fan right..?

marj987
"Knicks in serious talks in owning the NBA."

KB-Pau-DH2012
shumpert won't start day 1. he's gotta beat out douglas to begin with, and if the bibby signing is done, he'll have to beat him out too, which shouldn't be hard.

Toney Douglas would have to be part of the trade to get J-Crawf in a S&T from Atlanta, as noted in the article.

And we all know how starting Mike Bibby for the Heat worked out...just terrible! He's better served as a backup. Let this Shumpert kid grow and having his own imprints as the PG of the franchise.

Captain Moroni
12-11-2011, 12:12 AM
If this deal does go down, Look for Bibby to be joined by yet anothet vet minimum reclaimation project. Baron Davis? Gilbert Arenas?

Bubba313
12-11-2011, 12:14 AM
Toney Douglas would have to be part of the trade to get J-Crawf in a S&T from Atlanta, as noted in the article.

And we all know how starting Mike Bibby for the Heat worked out...just terrible! He's better served as a backup. Let this Shumpert kid grow and having his own imprints as the PG of the franchise.

I agree with this 100%. Assuming this happens which is a longshot, I think Shumpert should play around 30-35 minutes a game. Bibby should be limited to 10-15 at most because basically he sucks.

Quietmoney
12-11-2011, 12:16 AM
Now this is what I'm talking about!! I guess that Grunwald dude is the real deal! Come on back home baby!!

Captain Moroni
12-11-2011, 12:19 AM
The difference in what Grunweld is doing in maxing out the payroll is that he is doing it wisely. With Amare and Stat signed longterm, Chandler is such a big piece. I think all of us were consigned to the fact that we were waiting for next year. Now we are playing for THIS year.
If he swings a deal for Crawford, that is a stroke of genius. Craw would not be counted on to be the OFFENSE like he was last time around, he would be such a huge nightmare for any team to contend with defensively. My mind is spinning even thinking about the possibilities the Knicks would have with Craw/Stat/Melo/Chandler on the floor. WOW

Nycbball08
12-11-2011, 12:19 AM
lol Eddy curry dressed as a burger... Too funny.

algreek3
12-11-2011, 12:21 AM
The difference in what Grunweld is doing in maxing out the payroll is that he is doing it wisely. With Amare and Stat signed longterm, Chandler is such a big piece. I think all of us were consigned to the fact that we were waiting for next year. Now we are playing for THIS year.
If he swings a deal for Crawford, that is a stroke of genius. Craw would not be counted on to be the OFFENSE like he was last time around, he would be such a huge nightmare for any team to contend with defensively. My mind is spinning even thinking about the possibilities the Knicks would have with Craw/Stat/Melo/Chandler on the floor. WOW

Would be an insane lineup.

Kashmir13579
12-11-2011, 12:22 AM

At least they signed him to the minimum.

*Silver&Black*
12-11-2011, 12:23 AM
Is both Douglas Bros going to be in Atlanta (Harry with the Falcons and now Toney maybe with the Hawks)?

KingShango
12-11-2011, 12:24 AM
I have a feeling that TD or Landry is gonna be involved in any sign and trade deal involving Crawford. If that's the case I am not sure it makes us better - at least not defensively.

Will 2 BE
12-11-2011, 12:25 AM
Seems the Knicks have been in the rumors for every trade/free agent since the lockout ended.

This just in Knicks in serious talks to trade Spike Lee for Steven Spielberg

TheNumber37
12-11-2011, 12:26 AM
Not a fan of Crawford's jacking up of shots. We do need a deeper bench, though. If he comes, he better start and stunt Fields.

HOZ THE KNICK
even shumpert should be able to dish out 7 ast in that lineup but we will see

Bubba313
Seems the Knicks have been in the rumors for every trade/free agent since the lockout ended.

This just in Knicks in serious talks to trade Spike Lee for Steven Spielberg

We'd never do that. Even if we did Stern would veto it

lavilevi23
12-11-2011, 12:28 AM
LOL another guy the has good offense but cant play D to save his life. Anyways I see the Knicks as the #3 seed over the Celtics if this gets done even if their defese might be the league's worst.

Will 2 BE
12-11-2011, 12:32 AM
We'd never do that. Even if we did Stern would veto it

oh yeah almost forgot about that :facepalm:

Nycbball08
Don't really wanna lose TD, would like to see him play healthy.

gotoHcarolina52
@johnhollinger

Calm down NYC. Any sign-and-trade for Crawford puts the Hawks in the luxury tax. Non-starter.

Awwww. How 'bout for the mini MLE?

mdm692
12-11-2011, 12:33 AM
Knicks are back and the league will notice and take them even more seriously this year.

Hawkeye15
12-11-2011, 12:35 AM
Hawkeye is sick of Knicks rumors....

29$JerZ
12-11-2011, 12:37 AM
Hawkeye needs some Chicken Noodle soup

lavilevi23
Do the Knicks still have the mini MLE available?

algreek3
Do the Knicks still have the mini MLE available?

Yes. 2 of them.

Hawkeye15
12-11-2011, 12:38 AM
Hawkeye needs some Chicken Noodle soup

sorry dude, its getting ridic. NY media generates so much garbage, I can't believe many of you fans still care about it.

You spelled my name wrong son!

Hawkeye15
12-11-2011, 12:40 AM
In unrelated news, the Yankees rumored to trade Cano for Pujols, Fielder, and Verlander, with the Tigers sending 32 round 1 picks to the Yankees in the deal...

NYsFinest
12-11-2011, 12:40 AM
The difference between overpaying 5 years ago and overpaying now is they Knicks have 2 All Star signed long term. Now they can overpay to build around them.

JJ Barea/ Bibby/ Shumpert
Crawford/ Fields
Melo/ Shawne Williams
Amare/ Jeffries
Chandler/ Jerome Jordan

That line-up can contend. Possibly the best front court (3-4-5) in the NBA and a dangerous backcourt.

Baller1
12-11-2011, 12:41 AM
Not gonna lie, the Knicks are starting to look pretty scary. This pickup would be huge, in my opinion.

NYsFinest
12-11-2011, 12:42 AM
In unrelated news, the Yankees rumored to trade Cano for Pujols, Fielder, and Verlander, with the Tigers sending 32 round 1 picks to the Yankees in the deal...

Hearing about Knicks can definitely be frustrating for a non-knick fan but after being absolutely pathetic the past decade you can't be upset with knick fans being excited. You also have to admit they are building a fun and dangerous team.

gotoHcarolina52
12-11-2011, 12:42 AM
The difference between overpaying 5 years ago and overpaying now is they Knicks have 2 All Star signed long term. Now they can overpay to build around them.

JJ Barea/ Bibby/ Shumpert
Crawford/ Fields
Melo/ Shawne Williams
Amare/ Jeffries
Chandler/ Jerome Jordan

That line-up can contend. Possibly the best front court (3-4-5) in the NBA and a dangerous backcourt.

That's solid, but what can you give up to acquire Barea and Crawford through sign-and-trades (assuming they don't accept the mini MLE/vet's minimum)?

Hawkeye15
12-11-2011, 12:43 AM
Hearing about Knicks can definitely be frustrating for a non-knick fan but after being absolutely pathetic the past decade you can't be upset with knick fans being excited. You also have to admit they are building a fun and dangerous team.

and you can admit the New York media is an absolute joke when it comes to stemming rumors. This is a fact.

lavilevi23
12-11-2011, 12:43 AM
Yes. 2 of them.

What do u mean 2 of them? :confused:

Punk
12-11-2011, 12:44 AM
@johnhollinger

Yeah, I'll wait until someone else posts this because Hollinger just failed twice by saying we had a full MLE.

But if that is true, It's either Jamal on a 2.5 exception or Barea who "reportedly" will sign tomorrow.

First come, first serve. Who wants to win?

nycericanguy
12-11-2011, 12:45 AM
Once NY signed Chandler, any hopes of having cap space for the next 3-4 years went out the window. So now they're going all in. All these contracts will expire in 3-4 years so its good to sign them all at once.

NY hasnt been able to sign or go after anyone in ages it seems as they've been preserving cap...well we're done, and i'm kinda glad CP3 is going to LA because the team we're putting together is looking better than a CP3/Melo/Stat with 9 vet mins.

NYsFinest
12-11-2011, 12:47 AM
and you can admit the New York media is an absolute joke when it comes to stemming rumors. This is a fact.

I hate the NY media....

Punk
12-11-2011, 12:47 AM
That's solid, but what can you give up to acquire Barea and Crawford through sign-and-trades (assuming they don't accept the mini MLE/vet's minimum)?
Barea would have to come on a 2 year deal or 1 year deal with an option. The same for Crawford if we can't do a sign and trade.

If we somehow got both, that would be insane.

29$JerZ
12-11-2011, 12:48 AM
sorry dude, its getting ridic. NY media generates so much garbage, I can't believe many of you fans still care about it.

You spelled my name wrong son!

iPod faulty autospell correct bro :laugh2:

As a Knick fan who is finally seeing a legit team
Being put together and no more CAP saving/waiting for stars to Save us from other teams it's nice to see. I do see how this is annoying to every other fanbase.

It's just a sad fact he media puts this out and agents willingly will put Ny knowing it will drive up the price. Part of being in a big city like this.

PC
12-11-2011, 12:54 AM
@johnhollinger

Well Marvin Williams is an amnesty candidate...

Punk
12-11-2011, 12:54 AM
I don't think this is an attempt to drive up the price. He did speak with Chicago and Jersey.

97NYer
12-11-2011, 12:56 AM
Getting rid of dead weight for Craw?

Shumpert/Bibby
Crawford/Fields
Melo/Shawne
Amar'e/Jeffries
Chandler/Jordan/Harrelson

nycericanguy
12-11-2011, 12:57 AM
i rather have JJ though, we need a PG more than we need another scorer, and Fields will be a solid 2 for us

*Silver&Black*
12-11-2011, 01:00 AM
I don't follow the Knicks, but what has happened with Iman Shumpert between now and the time every Knick fan was booing the pick? I must have missed something. Was games played or something?

IDunknown
12-11-2011, 01:05 AM
This just in, every player is in serious talks with 29 teams about signing. The one unanimous team nobody is talking to is the Cleveland Cavailers lol

The Cavaliers will never have a good team again,because of Dan Gilbert.

Dankster
12-11-2011, 01:05 AM
^^LOL @ SilverandBlack-- who knows, he was predicted to go in the early 2nd round. Based on a few workout videos of him practicing on his own and the raving reviews he received from his workouts with the team predraft, some people actually think he's going to be the ROY on this forum!! Gotta love homerism I guess

PrettyBoyJ
12-11-2011, 01:06 AM
I'd rather them go after Jason Richardson, Melo and Crawford on the same team doesn't sound like success

NYsFinest
12-11-2011, 01:06 AM
I don't follow the Knicks, but what has happened with Iman Shumpert between now and the time every Knick fan was booing the pick? I must have missed something. Was games played or something?

Most Knicks fans had no idea who he was... following him the past few months he has a crazy work ethic and is insanely athletic.

*Silver&Black*
12-11-2011, 01:07 AM
^^LOL @ SilverandBlack-- who knows, he was predicted to go in the early 2nd round. Based on a few workout videos of him practicing on his own and the raving reviews he received from his workouts with the team predraft, some people actually think he's going to be the ROY on this forum!! Gotta love homerism I guess

It was just funny seeing all of NY booing on T.V., even Spike Lee, now everybody thinks he is a starting PG. I just thought I missed something.:D

It's cool though, everybody is homers if they are fans. Again, just found it funny.

Hawkeye15
12-11-2011, 01:10 AM
iPod faulty autospell correct bro :laugh2:

As a Knick fan who is finally seeing a legit team
Being put together and no more CAP saving/waiting for stars to Save us from other teams it's nice to see. I do see how this is annoying to every other fanbase.

It's just a sad fact he media puts this out and agents willingly will put Ny knowing it will drive up the price. Part of being in a big city like this.

nah, its not annoying to me at all. The Knicks finally showed HUGE financial discipline to get Amare and have the assets to grab Paul. That alone shows that about 3 years ago, Walsh and crew knew that patchworking the team for the fanbase wasn't working, and I commend that.

Its the NY media, and even though there are only 20-30% of Knicks fans that suck and are complete homers, the overwhelming number all together now makes that 20-30% a pretty strong number haha. That is why so many neutral fans can't stand the Knicks. The other 70% are great.

lavilevi23
12-11-2011, 01:10 AM
I'd rather them go after Jason Richardson, Melo and Crawford on the same team doesn't sound like success

J-Rich resigned with the Magic already.

NYsFinest
12-11-2011, 01:12 AM
nah, its not annoying to me at all. The Knicks finally showed HUGE financial discipline to get Amare and have the assets to grab Paul. That alone shows that about 3 years ago, Walsh and crew knew that patchworking the team for the fanbase wasn't working, and I commend that.

Its the NY media, and even though there are only 20-30% of Knicks fans that suck and are complete homers, the overwhelming number all together now makes that 20-30% a pretty strong number haha. That is why so many neutral fans can't stand the Knicks. The other 70% are great.

Unfornately when theres a lot of people, the bad ones stand out...

Anyways, Kevin Love to NYK in 2014? lol NY Post said so

lavilevi23
12-11-2011, 01:12 AM

Nah he won't be amnestied

*Silver&Black*
12-11-2011, 01:15 AM

I think we will be saving that for Joe in a year or 2.

Captain Moroni
12-11-2011, 01:23 AM
Crazy nite...

IDunknown
12-11-2011, 01:25 AM
I can do Crawford's lay up at will on 2k12,but I wouldn't.I remember when he use to hook up Curry with alley oops.

metsfanssince05
12-11-2011, 02:09 AM
If Knicks sign JJ and Craw its a wrap.. With signing Craw it just gives us great depth..

knicks09
12-11-2011, 03:11 AM
One day after reaching a surprising agreement with center Tyson Chandler, the New York Knicks are attempting to acquire another notable free agent. The Knicks are zeroing in on Jamal Crawford and trying to add the veteran shooting guard through a sign-and-trade, according to sources close to the situation.

The Knicks contacted Crawford’s camp on Friday and are trying to sell him on the situation. Crawford would have to take a significant pay cut to join the Knicks, but sources say he’s open to the idea.

New York is over the cap and has no exception money. They also have few trade assets to offer. If the Hawks were willing to do a sign-and-trade with New York built around Renaldo Balkman’s $1.67 million deal, Bill Walker’s $916,000 deal and Toney Douglas’ $1.145 million deal, the Knicks would be sending out $3.73 million in salaries. The new collective bargaining agreement would allow New York to take back 150 percent plus or minus $100,000, which would give Crawford a starting salary of $5.6 million.

Last season, Crawford averaged 14.2 points for the Atlanta Hawks. In 2010, Crawford won the NBA’s Sixth Man of the Year award. Mike Woodson, who is now an assistant coach with the Knicks, coached Crawford in Atlanta and the two are still very close.

The Knicks are doing whatever they can to surround Carmelo Anthony and Amar’e Stoudemire with talent. The addition of Chandler was a start and they’d love to add Crawford to their core as well.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/new-york-knicks-pursuing-jamal-crawford/

Davidgta1
12-11-2011, 03:12 AM
Damn knicks doing work.

buffalochipster
12-11-2011, 03:14 AM
Next time, dont have the thread title say they WILL sign him, when the knicks are just pursuing it, at this point. Still a lot to work out

RevisIsland
12-11-2011, 03:14 AM
So Toney-Crawford-Melo-Amare-Chandler with Bibby-Fields-Shumpert-Shawne Williams on the bench? We need at least one, probably two big men and we'll be set.

LTBaByyy
12-11-2011, 03:15 AM
They will not come out the East anytime in the near future

They are over the cap and ruined the chance of Dwight, Paul, or D WIll

Signing Chandler will be a big mistake a year from now

Douglas
Crawford
Anthony
Stoudemire
Chandler

Is not scary at all to me

Lake_Show2416
12-11-2011, 03:15 AM
weak sauce dude

Sportfan
12-11-2011, 03:16 AM
where does it say he signed?

seikou8
12-11-2011, 03:16 AM
knicks are buying championships where is the party not 1 not 2 not 3 not 4 not 5 not 6 not 7

4real
12-11-2011, 03:17 AM
Bibby
Crawford
Melo
Amare
Chandler

Sounds good to me, they'll be top 3 in the east no doubt

buffalochipster
12-11-2011, 03:19 AM
Bibby
Crawford
Melo
Amare
Chandler

Sounds good to me, they'll be top 3 in the east no doubt

No way they start Bibby first...whichever PG does not get traded (Toney Douglas or Iman Shumpert) will probably start, if not JJ Barea.

seikou8
12-11-2011, 03:20 AM

Douglas
Crawford
Anthony
Stoudemire
Chandler

who gives a **** whats scary to you the knicks have a very good team stop hateing u mad your not going beat the lakers or the thunder. we are not over the cap were almost there stay classic mavs fan its one champioship

KingsOfQueens
12-11-2011, 03:21 AM

Douglas
Crawford
Anthony
Stoudemire
Chandler

You don't need 3 all stars to win :eyebrow:

gotoHcarolina52
12-11-2011, 03:23 AM
We already have a six page thread on this subject.

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?p=20061853#post20061853

gotoHcarolina52
12-11-2011, 03:24 AM
If Knicks sign JJ and Craw its a wrap.. With signing Craw it just gives us great depth..

I agree! The 3rd seed is yours for sure.

seikou8
12-11-2011, 03:25 AM

no you can have it we will be taking the number one seed

DRose7
12-11-2011, 03:28 AM

Douglas
Crawford
Anthony
Stoudemire
Chandler

So what do you want them to do?? Wait hopelessly for 2012...nothing in this world is assured, its do what you can now...this has become a win now league, not sit and wait

Besides I like that lineup more than MIA's, if they get a good PG i'll have them as very serious contenders in the East

3mikee_
12-11-2011, 03:32 AM
Knicks by far making the best moves of this free agency period

king4day
12-11-2011, 03:32 AM
I like this move for NY if they get him that cheap. It shows that players will come to NY and take a pay cut to play for a chance at winning it all.

Punk
12-11-2011, 03:35 AM

In terms of the overall season? Top 4 but during the start to the season? Top 1 seed.

Our schedule is insanely easy with only two top playoff teams in the first 2 weeks. After Boston, It's the Lakers and after that we play GS, Sacramento, Toronto, Charlotte, Detroit, Charlotte, Philly.

lavilevi23
12-11-2011, 03:37 AM
no you can have it we will be taking the number one seed

:laugh2:

:facepalm:

gotoHcarolina52
12-11-2011, 03:39 AM
no you can have it we will be taking on the number one seed

Fixed that for you. 8th seed it is!

:up:

sintaks12
12-11-2011, 03:40 AM
I like this move for NY if they get him that cheap. It shows that players will come to NY and take a pay cut to play for a chance at winning it all.

If only... I just don't see him taking a pay cut. Seems like it would have to be pretty substantial.

Bulls_fan90
12-11-2011, 03:49 AM
http://www.hoopsworld.com/new-york-knicks-pursuing-jamal-crawford/

Fail. :facepalm:

lavilevi23
12-11-2011, 03:49 AM
fixed that for you. 8th seed it is!

:up:

hahahahahaahahahahahaha

1_team_1_dream
12-11-2011, 12:15 PM
Told #Knicks and Hawks working on 3-team deal for Jamal Crawford with Douglas involved in one scenario

waveycrockett
12-11-2011, 12:27 PM
Its official Isiah Thomas is back in charge

IndyRealist
12-11-2011, 12:29 PM
Don't give up Toney Douglas.

Hustla23
12-11-2011, 12:57 PM
don't give up toney douglas.
This!

nycericanguy
12-11-2011, 01:00 PM
you're not getting Crawford for Balkman, Douglas has to go. JC is a big upgrade over Douglas.

GiantsSwaGG
12-11-2011, 01:04 PM
you're not getting Crawford for Balkman, Douglas has to go. JC is a big upgrade over Douglas.

:facepalm: Dude offensively yes but not by alot but defensively Toney is light years better than Jamal...I'd rather have Douglas than Crawford. We have enough scoring, it's time to bring in some defensive players...

ANTHONY PARKER. MAKE IT HAPPEN KNICKS!

Punk
12-11-2011, 01:12 PM
:facepalm: Dude offensively yes but not by alot but defensively Toney is light years better than Jamal...I'd rather have Douglas than Crawford. We have enough scoring, it's time to bring in some defensive players...

We we do not. Our bench has zero scoring. He's a Sixth Man, It's a no brainer and Toney Douglas is far from Gary Payton.

Anthony Parker is going back to Cleveland.

metsfanssince05
12-11-2011, 01:13 PM

ANTHONY PARKER. MAKE IT HAPPEN KNICKS!I am dieing from your sig. Holy crap that is hilarious.

nycericanguy
12-11-2011, 01:17 PM

Douglas got ate up by Rondo, his defense isnt that great.

We have Shumpert now to place TD.

what we dont have is a 6th man that can come in and score. You need to give Melo n stat a break, we dont have a 3rd scorer as of now.

KnicksorBust
12-11-2011, 01:17 PM
Crawford-Melo-Amar'e

Worst defensive trio in the league. We'll get 0 stops at the end of the game.

NYK09
12-11-2011, 01:21 PM
All you guys were talking about how Chandler is a great addition and now we can start playing defense. You really think swapping Crawford and Douglas is gonna make us a terrible defensive team just like that????

crawford as a third option >>>>>>>Douglas

Knickrocketsfan
12-11-2011, 01:25 PM
Crawford-Melo-Amar'e

Worst defensive trio in the league. We'll get 0 stops at the end of the game.

yea, it not like STAT did not make a game saving block on lebron last year :rolleyes:

KnickFanSince91
12-11-2011, 01:28 PM
If it's a 3-team S&T, I don't see why the Knicks would have to give up anything other than Balkman and Walker...Hawks can pluck their young player from GS.

Slimsim
12-11-2011, 01:30 PM
i would pass on JC but i do want JJ B

knicks_champ
12-11-2011, 01:31 PM
I'm sure if we get Crawford that Fields will sub in for him in big defense moments.

1_team_1_dream
12-11-2011, 01:36 PM
would you please double team me? jamal for 3 melo for 3 amare 20 footer chandler put backs .

smith&wesson
12-11-2011, 01:40 PM
now all they need is a bench.

this team is starting to look insane. crawford back in the knick uni :clap:

metsfanssince05
12-11-2011, 01:44 PM
now all they need is a bench.

this team is starting to look insane. crawford back in the knick uni :clap:A bench? Let say everything pans out with signing JJ and Craw it would look like this..

JJ-Shump(expected to be like Fields, with a hard working off-season..)
Fields-Crawford(one of the best 6th man, and a great scorer)
Melo-Walker(solid scorer)
Stat-Williams(can hit 3's from the opposite side of the court)
Chandler-Jordan(broke out over seas)

I think weere good..

KnicksorBust
12-11-2011, 01:47 PM
yea, it not like STAT did not make a game saving block on lebron last year :rolleyes:

You can cling to that one play if you'd like but stat was terrible defensively last season. Melo is also lazy. If we add crawford in then we'll be poor defensively in at least 3 positions. Chandler will be fouling out just trying to play help defense.

arkanian215
12-11-2011, 01:48 PM
Rip was a better fit but he's gone. Second go around in NY wouldn't be bad for him.

VillaMaravilla
12-11-2011, 01:58 PM

e have scoring while Melo and Stat are on the floor after that then what? TD is no untouchable and no way is TD even close to his talents....get it done Knicks

Khalifa21
12-11-2011, 01:58 PM
A bench? Let say everything pans out with signing JJ and Craw it would look like this..

JJ-Shump(expected to be like Fields, with a hard working off-season..)
Fields-Crawford
Melo-Walker(solid scorer)
Stat-Williams(can hit 3's from the opposite side of the court)
Chandler-Jordan(broke out over seas)

I think weere good..

If we get Crawford, we're not getting Barea.. Walker's likely gone as well.

We're still gonna need bench players, past Shumpert and Fields (or Crawford, whoever gets the starting nod).

PG: Mike Bibby/Iman Shumpert
SG: Jamal Crawford/Landry Fields
SF: Carmelo Anthony/Shawne Williams
PF: Amar'e Stoudemire/Jared Jeffries
C: Tyson Chandler/Jerome Jordan

I'm loving our team if this goes through though.. Crawford off the bench as our 6th man would be deadly and he can handle ball handling and PG duties when needed.

Crunch time defensive lineup of Shumpert/Fields/Melo/Stat/Chandler and offensive lineup of Crawford/Fields/Melo/Stat/Chandler makes me pretty happy.

NY007
12-11-2011, 02:00 PM
Would love this move, Jamal would bring incredible depth to this team and a legit SG. This team would be so exspolive offensively. Chandler will bring in the D and rebounding that we need a Woodson will get these guys playing good team defense.

AndyfromNeptune
12-11-2011, 02:02 PM

Excusing the :facepalm: beacuse i think its obnoxious, i never thought id actually agree with you.

I couldn't have said this any better.

Knickrocketsfan
12-11-2011, 02:05 PM
You can cling to that one play if you'd like but stat was terrible defensively last season. Melo is also lazy. If we add crawford in then we'll be poor defensively in at least 3 positions. Chandler will be fouling out just trying to play help defense.

The fallacy in ur previous statement was that we would get 0 stops. Stops is not about great defense all the time. Sometimes people get lucky. Just because you are poor defensively doesnt mean that that ur opponent will always score.

$GangGr33n$
12-11-2011, 02:12 PM
i would do that trade in a heartbeat

Evolution23
12-11-2011, 03:56 PM
NO way Jamal takes that much of a paycut.

KnicksorBust
12-11-2011, 04:01 PM
The fallacy in ur previous statement was that we would get 0 stops. Stops is not about great defense all the time. Sometimes people get lucky. Just because you are poor defensively doesnt mean that that ur opponent will always score.

You have proven me wrong. We will not give up the 220 points per game that I clearly was implying when I said we'd get "0 stops." I've never seen anyone take a post so literal before.

Listen, Crawford brings things offensively that could potentially help us off the bench in a limitted role. However, he's still going to want to play 30+ mpg and I don't like the idea of having two porous wing defenders in Crawford and Melo on the floor at the same time. Name me a title team that had two defenders as bad as Crawford and Melo at the 2-3 spots. This is all compounded by the fact that Amar'e consistently makes players like Tyler Hansbrough look like Karl Malone with his shaky defense.

Matrix3132
12-11-2011, 04:16 PM
You have proven me wrong. We will not give up the 220 points per game that I clearly was implying when I said we'd get "0 stops." I've never seen anyone take a post so literal before.

Listen, Crawford brings things offensively that could potentially help us off the bench in a limitted role. However, he's still going to want to play 30+ mpg and I don't like the idea of having two porous wing defenders in Crawford and Melo on the floor at the same time. Name me a title team that had two defenders as bad as Crawford and Melo at the 2-3 spots. This is all compounded by the fact that Amar'e consistently makes players like Tyler Hansbrough look like Karl Malone with his shaky defense.

I think most people would want crawford to play at least 30 minutes a game, duh....

Mike's still the coach so they're still playing run and gun, I think they brought in chandler because he's a guy who can single handedly improve the defense while amare/melo (and crawford on some nights) go for 30+ pts a night.

strahan92osi72
12-11-2011, 05:39 PM
Dolan couldn't have done a better job replacing Donnie. In Grunwald we trust!!

metsfanssince05
12-11-2011, 05:58 PM
Jamal not coming to Knicks according to Hahn

dtmagnet
12-11-2011, 08:01 PM
Why would they be looking to add another scorer anyways?

smith&wesson
12-11-2011, 08:19 PM
while melo is resting crawfords on the floor
while crawford is resting melo is on the floor.

for 48 mins in a game new york will have a deadly scorer on the floor at all times.

also melo isnt as bad a defender as ppl make him out to be. he is actually pretty good when he is motivated. and being in new york on this team has to have him motivated.

5ass
12-11-2011, 08:23 PM

im gonna make a bold statement and say that NY will be in the top half of teams in terms of defense next year. They also badly need a back up center if they get rid of turiaf. shumpert, fields, chandler, jefferies are good defenders. u've got players that can defend all positions

Punk
12-11-2011, 08:31 PM
im gonna make a bold statement and say that NY will be in the top half of teams in terms of defense next year. They also badly need a back up center if they get rid of turiaf. shumpert, fields, chandler, jefferies are good defenders. u've got players that can defend all positions

Already signed our backup C.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_y2pir6CVkI

Knick_Fever
12-11-2011, 08:39 PM

Don't forget about Douglas. So that makes 1 good defender for every position on our team.

KnickNyKnick
12-12-2011, 01:03 AM
You don't need 3 all stars to win :eyebrow:

nope you just need Tyson Chandler :D