PDA

View Full Version : Lakers offer Gasol to Warriors

Hellcrooner
12-10-2011, 11:12 PM
Lakers Offer Pau Gasol to Warriors; Source Calls Offer “Ridiculous”

By Marcus Thompson
Saturday, December 10th, 2011 at 8:00 pm in Uncategorized.

What if I told you the Warriors could get Lakers All-Star big man Pau Gasol in a three-way trade involving Chris Paul? Would you jump at it?

What if I told you in order to get Pau, you’d have to give up …

… all your young talent? The Lakers, in their attempts to get young talent to send to New Orleans so the NBA will approve their acquisition of Chris Paul, came knocking at the Warriors door. Dangling Gasol. In return, they wanted “the entire team” one source said. The package the Lakers wanted was centered around point guard Stephen Curry (not sure who else, but I’m guessing Ekpe Udoh, Klay Thompson and maybe even Dorell Wright based on how laughable the source viewed the Lakers’ offer). Curry, presumably, would wind up with the Hornets.

The Warriors aren’t interested. At all.

Gotta give it to Warriors management. Not panicking. Not showing signs of desperation. Taking their time. How often have you said that about Golden State management?

According to a couple team sources, the Warriors are still seeing if they can get anything out of a Chris Paul trade, preferably Chris Paul. As Sam Amick reported, Golden State is waiting to see what happens with Paul before sending an offer sheet to Clippers’ center DeAndre Jordan. That could be soon as Adrian Wojnarowski reported an amended three-way deal between the Lakers, Rockets and Hornets has been submitted to the NBA for approval.

Not looking good, we are looking desperate and , knowing that what team in their right mind would want to help the lakers?

Specially knowing AFTER the Fiasco Pau ( and odom) will want no part of being Lakers.

We jsut shot ourselves in the foot, if we lose dwight theres a good chance Paul does not want to come, so the deal falls down.

Then you will have to face the NEED to trade Pau and Odom who would be in all their Right to go public and say, **** you, you wanted us out? WE want out now, automatically devaluating their Trade vale.

Well done "Freddo" Buss and Mitch Ketchup

Chronz
12-10-2011, 11:14 PM
How is this managements fault?

Gram
12-10-2011, 11:14 PM
Lol.

waveycrockett
12-10-2011, 11:17 PM
Honestly the Warriors are the first team to turn down a ridiculous Mitch Kupchack offer ever. He must be so confused.

BrandoCommando
Wow.

RevisIsland
Wouldn't Monta+Udoh for Gasol make at least some sense? Monta and Udoh have value to the Hornets (or at least should, they're both young). I think once Curry's name gets in there it's no thanks, but I think Gasol to the Warriors makes some sense.

last stand
12-10-2011, 11:19 PM
the article was poor writing. it didn't even say when the offer happened. by the sound of it this offer was made right after the veto

itsripcity32
12-10-2011, 11:19 PM
Lol.

DLCK
12-10-2011, 11:20 PM
Hellcrooner you sir are PSD's Skip bayless. I think you say things just to say things.Always looking for that knee jerk reaction or comment.Just so theirs some sort of over exaggerated speculation. But in saying that you have entertained me and made me laugh for the last 2 days. lol

Hellcrooner
12-10-2011, 11:22 PM
Wouldn't Monta+Udoh for Gasol make at least some sense? Monta and Udoh have value to the Hornets (or at least should, they're both young). I think once Curry's name gets in there it's no thanks, but I think Gasol to the Warriors makes some sense.

Monta for pau would really make sense.

But is monta young enough for David Sterns taste in order to aprove the deal?=

kenzo400
12-10-2011, 11:27 PM
Monta for pau would really make sense.

But is monta young enough for David Sterns taste in order to aprove the deal?=

Monta isn't even 26 yet. I think they should ask for him. If NO was willing to accept Kevin Martin and Scola, they would probably go crazy for Monta. But i'm not sure why Warriors would want a Stephen Curry and Gasol combo, it doesn't seem to make much sense.

Chronz
12-10-2011, 11:46 PM
Monta isn't even 26 yet. I think they should ask for him. If NO was willing to accept Kevin Martin and Scola, they would probably go crazy for Monta. But i'm not sure why Warriors would want a Stephen Curry and Gasol combo, it doesn't seem to make much sense.

Why would they go crazy for Monta over those 2?

FriedTofuz
12-10-2011, 11:47 PM
there is no source.

gotoHcarolina52
12-10-2011, 11:48 PM
Honestly the Warriors are the first team to turn down a ridiculous Mitch Kupchack offer ever. He must be so confused.

:laugh: so true

Hellcrooner

cause people is stupid and only cares for scoring numbers and flashiness without questioning whats behind it advanced numbers wise.

Btw im GLAD Morey is so crazy for Pau being an advanced stats guy, he surely is onto something.

Lakeshow24KB
I'm praying that this is just speculation....unless it's a threeway deal with the hornets so it's a guarantee that we get CP3 or else I'm gonna have to cross off that CP3 Lakers jersey from my Xmas list. :(

RevisIsland
12-10-2011, 11:50 PM
If they dumped Monta in a Gasol trade (along with Udoh) they'd still have enough money to make a run at another wing on the trade market. I think it'd be a great deal for them. They can put Klay Thompson in Monta's spot and with whoever they got and Gasol they could be a real team.

Teeboy1487
12-10-2011, 11:51 PM
Lakers need to give up on the Chris Paul thing. I'm beyond frustrated especially when I'm ok with the team we have. We are looking so desperate. It's not a crime to rebuild and stick it out with this team.

5ass
12-10-2011, 11:51 PM
Not looking good, we are looking desperate and , knowing that what team in their right mind would want to help the lakers?

Specially knowing AFTER the Fiasco Pau ( and odom) will want no part of being Lakers.

We jsut shot ourselves in the foot, if we lose dwight theres a good chance Paul does not want to come, so the deal falls down.

Then you will have to face the NEED to trade Pau and Odom who would be in all their Right to go public and say, **** you, you wanted us out? WE want out now, automatically devaluating their Trade vale.

how about they each grow a pair of testicles and deal with it? they're under contract, i dont like going to work and university, but i bite my lip and do that ****. ****ing get your head out of your *** nba players, you're getting too much money for what you do and *****ing at every ****ing thing. The only player that has a right to be upset is odom because he took a paycut to stay with the lakers (trading him would not be wrong, just tasteless). Pau should have showed up to the playoffs last year if he wanted to stay in LA.

LakersA's49ers
12-10-2011, 11:52 PM
what source is marcus thompson. im calling this a false reference

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-10-2011, 11:53 PM
This is a non-story, Lakers are very much alive in the 3 way deal with Houston and New Orleans to get Chris Paul.

BrandoCommando
12-10-2011, 11:54 PM
what source is marcus thompson. im calling this a false reference

He covers the Warriors.

3mikee_
12-10-2011, 11:55 PM
Lol? no way this goes down..

Lakeshow24KB
12-10-2011, 11:56 PM
Please don't let it happen god. Please god don't screw us over.

Better-Than-You
12-10-2011, 11:57 PM
wth is this? Warriors have nothing the Lakers want except Curry and he should/is probably untouchable.

gotoHcarolina52
12-10-2011, 11:58 PM
cause people is stupid and only cares for scoring numbers and flashiness without questioning whats behind it advanced numbers wise.

Btw im GLAD Morey is so crazy for Pau being an advanced stats guy, he surely is onto something.

There's only one thing that gets in the way of reason and advanced statistics. P ussy.

Morey isn't targeting Pau, he just wants Silvia a little closer to home.

http://www.tmrzoo.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/Silvia-Lopez-Castro-1.jpg

http://www.inflexwetrust.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/gasol06galerialandscape.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_RnB6zCpc18Y/TCqFTFJRKnI/AAAAAAAABuQ/bGVDuusS1lI/s1600/pau-gasol-is-a-stud.jpg

http://www.catalunyapress.cat/es/img2/2010/02/pau_silvia.jpg

kblo247
I'll stick with Berger, Alrdridge, and Woj before some random Warriors beat writer

Hellcrooner
wth is this? Warriors have nothing the Lakers want except Curry and he should/is probably untouchable.

lakers get paul, curry would go to hornets, but warriors not gonna accept

Corey
12-10-2011, 11:59 PM

This was my first thought.

I can see Mitch on the phone: http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/fillion1.gif

NYKalltheway
12-11-2011, 12:13 AM
Send Monta to us :nod:

iggypop123
12-11-2011, 12:15 AM

the article suggested they started with curry and then started asking about what else to include. the warriors were like wtf? we didnt trade him for cp3 straigh up.

Better-Than-You
12-11-2011, 12:18 AM
the article suggested they started with curry and then started asking about what else to include. the warriors were like wtf? we didnt trade him for cp3 straigh up.

Mitch forgot his gun during this highway robbery.

kenzo400
12-11-2011, 12:29 AM

Because Monta is at least an exciting player and i would say much better than Kevin Martin. If they accept Kevin Martin and Scola then they are just settling for a couple of years of mediocrity at best.

LADTXR
12-11-2011, 12:32 AM
People are really underrating pau gasol. it's funny when the lakers win the championship people are complaining how good pau is and how we got him for nothing, but we didn't win it last year and now pau isn't that good. If i were the warriors i would trade curry, udoh and maybe biedrins or some other crappy player for pau. Pau with Monta is a legit team no matter who else they have.

LADTXR
12-11-2011, 12:35 AM
On the warriors Pau would avg 28 and 10 and be their best post defender.

Better-Than-You
People are really underrating pau gasol. it's funny when the lakers win the championship people are complaining how good pau is and how we got him for nothing, but we didn't win it last year and now pau isn't that good. If i were the warriors i would trade curry, udoh and maybe biedrins or some other crappy player for pau. Pau with Monta is a legit team no matter who else they have.

:facepalm:
Might as well trade Derek Fisher for Lebron, Wade and Bosh.

Demon11

They already have a white scoring power forward that plays no defense.
Pau is old, while it can be argued that Curry is at, or near Pau's impact level.

LADTXR
12-11-2011, 12:44 AM
You my folks are the reason why the warriors are content with being losers...Curry is a solid guard but they're not going to win anything with him being their #2 guy. Pau is the #2 guy on the lakers sometimes #3, only shoots 13 times a game and still averages 18 points a game. He is the main reason why the won the championship. 1 playoff appearance in how long warriors fans?

LADTXR
12-11-2011, 12:45 AM
Curry 19.46 PER
Gasol 23.33 PER

Who's better?

LADTXR
12-11-2011, 12:46 AM
David Lee isn't half the player Gasol is.

C- Gasol
PF- Lee
SF- Wright
SG- Ellis/someone else
PG- Ellis/someone else

That's a hell of a lot better team than biedrins as C and curry at PG if you ask me.

Better-Than-You
12-11-2011, 12:47 AM
You my folks are the reason why the warriors are content with being losers...Curry is a solid guard but they're not going to win anything with him being their #2 guy. Pau is the #2 guy on the lakers sometimes #3, only shoots 13 times a game and still averages 18 points a game. He is the main reason why the won the championship. 1 playoff appearance in how long warriors fans?

First of all I'm a Lakers fan and your "proposal" is worse than the kwame brown for gasol robbery. Curry is a top 5-7pg and he's only 22 which means he's only going to get better. Why would the Warriors help the Lakers when they are in the same division? Throw away their future for Gasol.... you are one of those homers that make all Lakers fans look bad. Curry trade value is >>> Gasol.

Better-Than-You
12-11-2011, 12:47 AM
Curry 19.46 PER
Gasol 23.33 PER

Who's better?

Gasol is how old?
Curry is how old?

Hellcrooner
12-11-2011, 12:49 AM
On the warriors Pau would avg 28 and 10 and be their best post defender.

not with Ellis.

LADTXR
12-11-2011, 12:52 AM
First of all I'm a Lakers fan and your "proposal" is worse than the kwame brown for gasol robbery. Curry is a top 5-7pg and he's only 22 which means he's only going to get better. Why would the Warriors help the Lakers when they are in the same division? Throw away their future for Gasol.... you are one of those homers that make all Lakers fans look bad. Curry trade value is >>> Gasol.

Whether or not the Warriors "help" the lakers the lakers will always be better. I watch every warriors game and curry is not gonna get any better than he is right now and i've liked curry since college.

Geargo Wallace
12-11-2011, 12:52 AM
I know it was you Fredo!

curtcocaine
12-11-2011, 12:54 AM
I'm a Warrior and Laker fan. Warriors need to trade Curry he dont even wanna be there he tried to get traded as a rookie!!!! and with that said with Monte, Lee, and Gasol making a move to center we would have ah fake big three that could should make it to the playoffs

gaughan333
12-11-2011, 12:56 AM
Whether or not the Warriors "help" the lakers the lakers will always be better. I watch every warriors game and curry is not gonna get any better than he is right now and i've liked curry since college.

So because you've watched every game and have liked him we should all immediately accept your evaluation of him as a basketball player?

curtcocaine
12-11-2011, 12:56 AM
are even trade lee for a better pf

LADTXR
12-11-2011, 01:00 AM
Too be honest i don't care if we get CP3 or not cuz when gasol is motivated he is one of the best, like when they won the championship, last year he wasn't very good and was still a top player. He had a better PER than Kobe. I'm not too sure if the lakers would be a better team with CP3 and without pau and odom. I could really care less if the trade happens or not, i'm just saying that the warriors would be better if they had Pau rather than Curry. I'm not gonna say i won't smile when i hear bob fitzgerald giving every excuse under the sun about why the warriors aren't gonna make the playoffs for the next couple years tho.

dave831
12-11-2011, 01:00 AM
The 31 year old Pau has a few years left the 23 year old curry has a few more then that.....At this point Pau has had a better NBA career I think it's safe to say over the next 10 years the 23 year old will be more productive in the NBA. So the who's better argument really has no relevance when when talking about a trade involving 2 player with such a large gap in age!
I wonder if fans in LA would be upset if the lakers got the same type of package in return for a 31 year old Pau as they gave up to get a 27 year old Pau?

LADTXR
12-11-2011, 01:05 AM
So because you've watched every game and have liked him we should all immediately accept your evaluation of him as a basketball player?

It's all an opinion just like every one else on here, what have the warriors done the last 20 years? They're not gonna make the playoffs with the lineup they have, i'm not saying curry isn't good but Gasol would help the warriors more and i think Ellis is better than curry. With their current lineup they don't make the playoffs, with gasol they make the playoffs...something they've done once in what 20 to 30 years?

kobebabe
12-11-2011, 01:09 AM
This is pretty much BS! Seems like the newest hobby for everyone has become making fantasy trades for LA!

NoahH
12-11-2011, 01:14 AM
As a Golden State fan I don't want Pau Gasol on the Warriors thank you very much.

LADTXR
12-11-2011, 01:24 AM
you wouldn't want a top 5 post player on your team?

USMCLaker
12-11-2011, 01:40 AM

I try really hard never to hate any Laker player either former or present but damn Mitch you make it hard.

Chronz
12-11-2011, 02:00 AM
Because Monta is at least an exciting player and i would say much better than Kevin Martin. If they accept Kevin Martin and Scola then they are just settling for a couple of years of mediocrity at best.
exciting yes, but much better than K-Mart, not likely. Scola+Kevin is a better trade chip than Monta IMO.

Hopper15
12-11-2011, 02:03 AM
I'm a Warrior and Laker fan. Warriors need to trade Curry he dont even wanna be there he tried to get traded as a rookie!!!! and with that said with Monte, Lee, and Gasol making a move to center we would have ah fake big three that could should make it to the playoffs

That never happened. Warriors were in trade talks for Amare, but it was never Curry asking for a trade.

kenzo400
12-11-2011, 02:40 AM
exciting yes, but much better than K-Mart, not likely. Scola+Kevin is a better trade chip than Monta IMO.

Yeah, but they could rework the deal. Put some other pieces in, Monta would just be the main piece.

Cal827
12-11-2011, 02:49 AM
They should just offer Gasol for Biedrins and some other scrub.. Gasol is OVERRATED. Come at me Crooner! :D

lol, but yeah.. the team chemistry has gotta be messed... maybe be a little better since one of them is gone so I'm sure Kobe will talk to Gasol and by talk, I mean :punish:

lol, please
12-11-2011, 03:01 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0&feature=player_embedded

seikou8
12-11-2011, 03:24 AM
omg the lakers are trying to trade everyone onthere team expect kobe

sunsfan88
12-11-2011, 03:39 AM
All Laker trade offers are ridiculous, its just that the GS GM is the first with a brain to say no.

BrandoCommando
12-11-2011, 03:42 AM
omg the lakers are trying to trade everyone onthere team expect kobe

Why?

Ebbs
12-11-2011, 06:39 AM
Forgetting what Kobe means to LA from a business stand point I'd trade Kobe to G-state for a curry or Ellis package...

ESaady
12-11-2011, 08:55 AM
you wouldn't want a top 5 post player on your team?

No. Curry's impact on the Warriors for the next 5-7 years>Pau's impact for at most 2-3 years.

ESaady
12-11-2011, 08:56 AM
Forgetting what Kobe means to LA from a business stand point I'd trade Kobe to G-state for a curry or Ellis package...

Why would the Warriors accept a trade of Curry or an Ellis package for Kobe?

Better-Than-You
12-11-2011, 08:59 AM
Why would the Warriors accept a trade of Curry or an Ellis package for Kobe?

Because their arena will sell out and thousands of jerseys will be sold. They will be on national tv and make $$$. Kobe makes 80m for Buss...

_Supreme_
12-11-2011, 09:03 AM
Hellcrooner you'd have to become a Warriors fan then!

:D

ESaady
12-11-2011, 09:10 AM
Because their arena will sell out and thousands of jerseys will be sold. They will be on national tv and make $$$. Kobe makes 80m for Buss...

And then what? I understand the appeal of Kobe, but from a basketball standpoint completely regardless of financial gain it wouldn't make any sense. Kobe is 33, he will attract fans, he'll make the team a boat load of money, but rebuilding after he retires would cause another X amount of years of unneeded mediocrity. I'm not saying that keeping Curry or Monta is the answer, however, unless the Warriors were landing a top tier big man to lockdown the paint for the next 10 years then this trade would be a major setback for the Warriors. There's no predicting the future. As a Warriors fan I'd rather keep Curry and Ellis over trading for Kobe's twilight years.

Raps18-19 Champ
12-11-2011, 09:13 AM
David Stern messed up the Lakers plans. :win:

theheatles
12-11-2011, 09:17 AM
the lakers are starting to come across as really arrogant in all these trade negotiations

curtcocaine
12-11-2011, 09:48 AM
that never happened. Warriors were in trade talks for amare, but it was never curry asking for a trade.

he did cant fins artical its old but i know fa show he did

Hopper15
12-11-2011, 11:13 AM
he did cant fins artical its old but i know fa show he did

You won't find the article because it never happened.

Hellcrooner
12-11-2011, 01:25 PM
David Stern messed up the Lakers plans. :win:

so you are happy to watch a league that now is undoubtley corrupted and RIGGED ?

sunsfan88
12-11-2011, 01:58 PM
LA offered a deal involving Gasol and Bynum to MIA for Wade & Bosh but was turned now.

Via Twitter

But daamn can you imagine had Miami accepted? Wade and Kobe together?! Thats the best backcourt in the history of the NBA!

BrandoCommando
12-11-2011, 02:03 PM
LA is just going to try and dump Gasol and Bynum on anybody for their top players now?

thekmp211
12-11-2011, 02:03 PM
it's crazy to see how far pau's value has fallen, especially on these boards. i believe he was voted best pf before the start of this most recent season?

he is getting older, and had a bad playoffs, but that does not negate his HoF career. whoever ends up with this guy is will be getting value.

gbrl
12-11-2011, 02:06 PM
it's crazy to see how far pau's value has fallen, especially on these boards. i believe he was voted best pf before the start of this most recent season?

he is getting older, and had a bad playoffs, but that does not negate his HoF career. whoever ends up with this guy is will be getting value.

are you forgetting the rockets were nearly giving up their entire team to get him

thekmp211
12-11-2011, 02:10 PM
are you forgetting the rockets were nearly giving up their entire team to get him

morey is not like the rest of the nba. and he was also clearing space to go after marc/nene.

i'm just saying, this time last year, the reservations so many people have about pau don't really exist. he'd beaten his "soft" reputation.

Hellcrooner
12-11-2011, 02:58 PM

Only if

1) you dont sell the whole ranch to get him, leaving a teams of 14 nbdlaers and 1 allstar.

2) He is motivated enough .

DeyAce
12-11-2011, 03:08 PM
Gasol is not wanted

Ebbs
12-11-2011, 03:28 PM
so you are happy to watch a league that now is undoubtley corrupted and RIGGED ?

Yes.

The league has been rigged and favored the Lakers for years nice to see them get screwed for once.