PDA

View Full Version : It's official. Tyson Chandler headed to NY in 3 team trade.

NYman15
12-10-2011, 03:52 PM
HowardBeckNYT Howard Beck
Knicks acquire Chandler, plus rights to Ahmad Nivins and Giorgos Printezis. Mavs get Andy Rautins and protected 2012 2nd-rd pick from Wiz
40 minutes ago

HowardBeckNYT Howard Beck
Knicks trades are complete. It's a 3-team deal w/Dallas and Washington. NY sends Turiaf, 2013 2nd-rd pick and cash to Wizards.
41 minutes ago

http://twitter.com/HowardBeckNYT

Big news for the Knicks. Still, we have to hear about the contract details, but it is official. Tyson Chandler is a Knick.

gatkins11
12-10-2011, 03:53 PM
Dallas getting Andy Rautins, they're clearly the winners of this trade.

kozelkid
12-10-2011, 03:53 PM
And Billups stays?

kjoke
12-10-2011, 03:54 PM
Billups was amnistied

gatkins11
12-10-2011, 03:54 PM
And Billups stays?

Amnestied.

BranWingss
12-10-2011, 03:56 PM
I can't wait until that one Knicks fan who loves Rautins sees this. :laugh2:

Dade County
And Billups stays?

no... amnesty victim.

kozelkid
Ok, that's what I thought. Didn't know it was already official.

I say he goes to Cleveland. Just watch. :laugh2:

Cal827
12-10-2011, 03:58 PM

Well yeah... Gilbert will try to block any move by Miami... There's going to be hell if the Heat make a trade with the Hornets any time soon lol

Htownballa1622
12-10-2011, 04:04 PM
I can't wait until that one Knicks fan who loves Rautins sees this. :laugh2:

Lmao. This

Punk
12-10-2011, 04:08 PM
And this one! Because in a nice bit of cap management, the Knicks set this up as a sign-and-trade, meaning they never signed a free agent using cap space and thus retain all of their exceptions.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/7338272/nba-tyson-chandler-deal-smart-free-spending-new-york-knicks

Anyone know if it's true? Because Hollinger is known to be a dummy but if that is true, the Knicks could then sign another impact role player with an MLE like Kris Humpries.

arkanian215
12-10-2011, 04:11 PM
One big piece to this is that Dallas creates that TPE from the S&T of Chandler. Very nice in terms of acquiring talent. I think the Knicks also creates one for the Turiaf trade. Another useful tool.

Punk
12-10-2011, 04:16 PM
Chandler also took less. He went from 60 million to 56 million.

llemon
12-10-2011, 04:18 PM
Anyone know if it's true? Because Hollinger is known to be a dummy but if that is true, the Knicks could then sign another impact role player with an MLE like Kris Humpries.

He could be right, but I don't think so. Once Knicks amnestied Billups, they went under the cap, at which point the should lose the MLE and LLE.

There is a new exception that allows teams that are under the cap, and use all their capspace $2.5 mil exception, I believe.

HOZ THE KNICK
12-10-2011, 04:24 PM
He could be right, but I don't think so. Once Knicks amnestied Billups, they went under the cap, at which point the should lose the MLE and LLE.

There is a new exception that allows teams that are under the cap, and use all their capspace $2.5 mil exception, I believe.

you are right the knicks are under the cap and can bid on a amnesty player that's why they probably made the deal that way..

Hawkeye15
12-10-2011, 04:26 PM
Chandler also took less. He went from 60 million to 56 million.

"This is an important day for the New York Knicks," acting general manager Glen Grunwald said in a statement. "Signing a player of Tyson's caliber, with championship experience, to this roster, is an opportunity we could not pass up."

This is why he is so overpaid with this new deal.

Knicks are nice up front, but lack depth, a backcourt, and the means to do a lot about it.

RaiderKid318
12-10-2011, 04:27 PM

I say he comes to NO lol

Super.
12-10-2011, 04:28 PM

I thought if you used your amnesty you didn't get your MLE

nycericanguy
12-10-2011, 04:28 PM

Knicks are nice up front, but lack depth, a backcourt, and the means to do a lot about it.

almost every big man is overpaid now. If he took a few million yes it wouldn't have made much of a difference in NY being able to acquire players.

Funny thing is if he took more and a MAX and put NY over the cap, NY would have their MLE this year.

ClippersE.G
12-10-2011, 04:51 PM
Tyson wit the Knicks is big. I dont understand the hate for the KNicks, I am a clipper fan but i am excited to see what the Knicks can do with a defensive guy now....(any shortcoming Amare had, and the critics saying this n that about his defense can now be made up with the addition of Tyson)

KnicksorBust
12-10-2011, 04:54 PM

Douglas can shoot (top 5 in the NBA in 3pt FGs made after the all star break) and plays defense. Fields is an ideal role player. We'll get at least one cheap vet like Bibby and probably two. That puts us 7 deep. Shawne Williams is a good shooting forward who is an 8th man. Then we just need to bank on 1-2 of our young guys becoming a solid role player (Hello Iman, Jorts, Jerome Jordan, etc.) and then we're set.

Mike D'Antoni even came out and said he's comfortable with Douglas as the starting PG and he'll use Melo in more PnR's (which is what I've wanted from the start). Plus Melo and Amar'e are two of the best iso players in the whole league. We don't even need a true PG. Chandler was the perfect fit for this team. Fantastic move and for the first time in a long long time I believe we are a threat to make the finals.

Evolution23
12-10-2011, 05:00 PM
If Douglas and or Iman can play relatively decent point guard, than the Knicks don't have much to worry about. I've seen flashes of douglas playing good at the point, so it is def possible.

DeyAce
12-10-2011, 05:18 PM
Chandler is overrated