PDA

View Full Version : The question nobodys asking...for the moment

Hellcrooner
12-09-2011, 10:33 PM
Can Kobe adjust to being "second banana" again?

He hasnt muttered a single word yet.

Media is already saying if Paul comes to lakers its PAULS team .

To make it worse Paul NEEDS the ball in his hands and create/start the offense.

KObe does that too.

Remember the last time KObe was the second best player in the team?

Could this be problematic?

I for once KNOW SOME THINGS ive seen these last few years (04-11) from him that dont make me feel any good bout this thing, im jsut not gonna mention them because it woudl downgrade the thread with Angry kobe fans.

justinnum1
12-09-2011, 10:34 PM
Kobe wont be second banana, he will do what he has to(even if it hurts his team) to be #1

OA SLAY
12-09-2011, 10:35 PM
What in the Hell is this?

OA SLAY
12-09-2011, 10:36 PM
The question you should be asking yourself is
"why the hell did i just make this rediculous thread?"

OA SLAY
12-09-2011, 10:38 PM
http://ittybitsofbalance.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/bananas.jpg

Cal827
I don't think it would matter. He was second banana at a time where he was in his prime. He's matured since then, and this likely won't happen again... well hopefully for laker fans lol

Arch Stanton
I hear there's a lot of banana's at Ralphs grocery store in LA? Maybe coach Brown can take the team there and everyone can have there own first banana's?

Ripper Gein
12-09-2011, 10:40 PM
Haha!! Wait, what! Oh yeah your wit makes Carrotop sufferable:)

OA SLAY
12-09-2011, 10:41 PM

KObe does that too.

I for once KNOW SOME THINGS ive seen these last few years (04-11) from him that dont make me feel any good bout this thing, im jsut not gonna mention them because it woudl downgrade the thread with Angry kobe fans.

dont think that is possible.....this is hilarious...

mike_noodles
12-09-2011, 10:41 PM

KObe does that too.

They won 3 championships in a row, not bad.

MTar786
12-09-2011, 10:42 PM
hellcrooner is probably the 1 laker fan who embarrasses this city most.

kobe would be the leader of this team even if we got both cp3 and d12. they would be 1a and 1b when kobe retires.
kobe would still be our number 1 scoring option
d12 would be our number 1 post option
cp3 would be our number 1 option at handling the ball.

hellcrooner please go learn this sport and stop trying to be a drama queen
/thread

Chacarron
12-09-2011, 10:42 PM

I loooooooooved that show!!!!!

OA SLAY
12-09-2011, 10:43 PM
whats with all the bananna talk.... absolutly hilarious....im in tears.

Ripper Gein
12-09-2011, 10:43 PM
It can't be that hilarious there's no mention of the Knicks;)

VCaintdead17
12-09-2011, 10:44 PM
Lakers Forum

Hellcrooner
12-09-2011, 10:44 PM
They won 3 championships in a row, not bad.

mmm nope, they didnt win in 03 and 04 and a HIGH % of responsability was the Feud for being "the Man"

OA SLAY
12-09-2011, 10:45 PM
I loooooooooved that show!!!!!

yeah kobes on the left.

Ripper Gein
12-09-2011, 10:46 PM
Well Lakers are Americas Team:)

Giraffes Rule
Chris Paul would be the best player, but Kobe would still be the focal point of the offense. He'd just have an easier time scoring because he'll have someone that's actually capable of setting him up for once.

MTar786
mmm nope, they didnt win in 03 and 04 and a HIGH % of responsability was the Feud for being "the Man"

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm:

yes they did win 3 championships in a row.
00-02
even if they lost in 03 and 04 they still 3peated

OA SLAY
12-09-2011, 10:47 PM
It can't be that hilarious there's no mention of the Knicks;)

Zing.... There is now!
I just jotted that one down in my Big book of jokes.

MTar786
12-09-2011, 10:47 PM
Chris Paul would be the best player, but Kobe would still be the focal point of the offense. He'd just have an easier time scoring because he'll have someone that's actually capable of setting him up for once.

i guess this is based on opinon. because I think kobe would be the best player between the 3 this season and it would sway towards d12 eventually

gotoHcarolina52
12-09-2011, 10:48 PM
Which is better:

(1) Bond, James Bond

(2) Walker, Texas Ranger

(3) Black Mamba, Second Banana

Ripper Gein
12-09-2011, 10:49 PM
See that's what PROFESSIONAL comedians can do:P

beasted86
12-09-2011, 10:50 PM
Who knows how it would work... new teammates, new coach, no more triangle offense..... the fact that all 3 of Chris Paul, Kobe Bryant, and Andrew Bynum have undergone knee surgeries in the past 2 years...

All of this and Gilbert and others thought LA was getting too good of a deal.

Ripper Gein
12-09-2011, 10:51 PM
D. Florida attendance figures!

3mikee_
12-09-2011, 10:54 PM
Kobe will be fine.. He won't be "second banana" he'll still be the primary offensive option despite not having the ball in his hands 24/7. His offense will be more facilitated IMO if cp3 lands in la. Chris Paul is a pass first pg and just because kobe is older now doesn't mean he still can't score with the best of them. Not to mention he's had a long off season to work on his body and rehab a lot of those lingering injuries of his.

5ass
12-09-2011, 10:54 PM
the guy has a point, how do u expect Kobe and Paul to coexist when Kobes always played with an "off the ball PG" in fisher and was always used to having the ball in his hands. Lets face it, Kobe is not the type of backcourt mate u would want to have with chris paul. You want the ball in CP3's hands and u need Kobe to accept that and not ***** about it, its not going to be easy for Kobe, but he has to realize his role, and not try to do too much because it will kill the lakers.

5ass
12-09-2011, 10:55 PM
also is "second banana" even an expression? never heard that before lol, why banana? why not a coconut for example?

OA SLAY
12-09-2011, 10:58 PM
Hellcrooner when it comes to thread making capabilities you are Second Banana to Knowone

OA SLAY
12-09-2011, 10:58 PM
This is Bananas..

what54!?
12-09-2011, 11:00 PM
....paul feeds kobe when kobe posts up? :shrug:

I really don't know it would be interesting. IMO I think paul would defer to kobe (at least this season) and just rack up assist

Hellcrooner
12-09-2011, 11:01 PM
Funny how people is focusing on scoring numbers.

thats not what im talking bout , is bout WHO gets merited as being "the man".

Example, Stooudamire was the "scorer" but Nahs whas the FRaNCHISE player, the man.

Jefferson was doing the baskets but KIDD was the man in NJ.

Can Kobe stand for example paul getting regular seaosn Mvp, or finals mvp ?

gotoHcarolina52
12-09-2011, 11:02 PM
also is "second banana" even an expression? never heard that before lol, why banana? why not a coconut for example?

You say tomato; I say tomahto

You say second fiddle; helcrooner says second banana

kblo247
Lakers Forum

Got chased off for this same thread lol

naps
Kobe will still be the focal point on offense but I am pretty curious to see how Mike Brown handles Kobe's ego (We all know he can't deal big egos). The thing is it's really tough for a franchise cornerstone to take a step back to a younger superstar when he's in his decline. And he doesn't even wanna admit to himself that he's not the same anymore. I think it's a common trend with any franchise player. Don't think Kobe will be different. But I think Kobe has matured throughout the years and will gladly do whatever is good for his team.

Hellcrooner
12-09-2011, 11:03 PM
and what bout 4th quarters?

Kobe is used to take 80% of the shots of the lakers in the 4th quarters, and of course THE LAST SHOT if the game is close.

Can he adjust to Paul wanting to do that too?

MTar786
12-09-2011, 11:03 PM
the guy has a point, how do u expect Kobe and Paul to coexist when Kobes always played with an "off the ball PG" in fisher and was always used to having the ball in his hands. Lets face it, Kobe is not the type of backcourt mate u would want to have with chris paul. You want the ball in CP3's hands and u need Kobe to accept that and not ***** about it, its not going to be easy for Kobe, but he has to realize his role, and not try to do too much because it will kill the lakers.

the lakers would be running a lot of paul,howard pick and rolls with good strecthes of kobe isos, off screen rolls.. and a kobe howard pick and roll from time to time. kobe would be able to play hard defense too. Kobe would find himself getting a lot of open midrange jumpers and open 3's too with dwight and cp3 being on the floor.
paul would be the dominant ball handler 70% of the time with kobe handling in certain situations. and kobe would be the full time ball handler with paul off the floor. i would have paul be the benficiary of kobe double teams.. and that is why id only have paul hanlde 70% of the time rather than more than most of the time

Thats how i would do things

Hellcrooner
12-09-2011, 11:04 PM
http://thesaurus.com/browse/second+banana

OA SLAY
12-09-2011, 11:05 PM

thats not what im talking bout , is bout WHO gets merited as being
"1st Banana".

Example, Stooudamire was the "scorer" but Nahs whas the FRaNCHISE player, the ultra Banana.

Jefferson was doing the baskets but KIDD was the ripest Banana in NJ.

Can Kobe stand for example paul getting regular seaosn MvB, or finals mvb ?

Fixed.

Giraffes Rule
12-09-2011, 11:05 PM

Kobe is used to take 80% of the shots of the lakers in the 4th quarters, and of course THE LAST SHOT if the game is close.

Have you ever watched Chris Paul play? He's one of the least selfish players in the league.

5ass
12-09-2011, 11:06 PM

thats not what im talking bout , is bout WHO gets merited as being "the man".

Example, Stooudamire was the "scorer" but Nahs whas the FRaNCHISE player, the man.

Jefferson was doing the baskets but KIDD was the man in NJ.

Can Kobe stand for example paul getting regular seaosn Mvp, or finals mvp ?
if paul goes to the lakers he better get used to it, because Kobe would be the 2nd best player on the team without question.

MTar786
12-09-2011, 11:07 PM
and what bout 4th qua.......... IM A TROLL

fixed

NYtilIdie
12-09-2011, 11:07 PM
LA tried to trade the wrong player if you ask me, this is Pau's team, he's plays 2nd banana to no one!

MTar786
12-09-2011, 11:08 PM
if paul goes to the lakers he better get used to it, because Kobe would be the 2nd best player on the team without question.

id say paul would have to get used to being 3rd best player on the team after kobe and dwight

SACNYY
12-09-2011, 11:09 PM
Anyone who thinks it'll be Paul's team needs to be woken up.

5ass
12-09-2011, 11:09 PM
the lakers would be running a lot of paul,howard pick and rolls with good strecthes of kobe isos, off screen rolls.. and a kobe howard pick and roll from time to time. kobe would be able to play hard defense too. Kobe would find himself getting a lot of open midrange jumpers and open 3's too with dwight and cp3 being on the floor.
paul would be the dominant ball handler 70% of the time with kobe handling in certain situations. and kobe would be the full time ball handler with paul off the floor. i would have paul be the benficiary of kobe double teams.. and that is why id only have paul hanlde 70% of the time rather than more than most of the time

Thats how i would do things

LOOOOL at laker fans, Howard is not on the lakers and its very unlikely that he will be especially if they get chris paul. Cp3 would be runing pick and rolls with slow *** bynum.

Avenged
12-09-2011, 11:10 PM
It's Kobe's team, who cares what and who the media is labeling?

You got to keep in mind that Chris Paul is a point guard who doesn't look to shoot as much. There won't be issues with that IF Chris Paul comes to L.A which I doubt now.

MTar786
12-09-2011, 11:10 PM
LOOOOL at laker fans, Howard is not on the lakers and its very unlikely that he will be especially if they get chris paul. Cp3 would be runing pick and rolls with slow *** bynum.

another magic fan in denial LOOOOL

TheKnight
12-09-2011, 11:12 PM
What in the Hell is this?

:laugh:

5ass
12-09-2011, 11:13 PM
another magic fan in denial LOOOOL

haha u would think this whole stern-cp3 issue yesterday would have humbled laker fans. but noooo they still think, scratch that, they're still SURE that they will get both howard and cp3, prepare to be disappointed again my man

5ass
12-09-2011, 11:16 PM
It's Kobe's team, who cares what and who the media is labeling?

You got to keep in mind that Chris Paul is a point guard who doesn't look to shoot as much. There won't be issues with that IF Chris Paul comes to L.A which I doubt now.

thats his point though, maybe Kobe would care? he does have a HUGE ego you cant deny that.

Bravo95
12-09-2011, 11:25 PM
I believe he'll adjust. Bryant's older now and I'm sure there's enough mutual respect between the two that there won't be any waves. Pick & roll with him and Paul would be ridiculous. :speechless:

mike_noodles
12-10-2011, 11:13 AM

So 2000, 2001 and 2002 don't count?

cooters22
12-10-2011, 11:58 AM
Lets remember that he was the guy that basically ran Shaq out of town costing the franchise another possible ring or two.

basketfan4life
12-10-2011, 12:22 PM

Paul wouldn't wanna do that, i'm %100 sure he'd defer to Kobe, He is the god damn point guard and that is what he wants to do...Why do you think he wants to move from NOH? He has no one to defer to as a scorer...

Oh by the way, Kobe is the MAN.And its his team/city, no argument there.

Hawkeye15
12-10-2011, 12:26 PM
I am more interested to see what Kobe looks like in a traditional offense with a PG that handles the rock so much. He is not a spot up shooter, which is what Paul likes around him, so we will see if Mike Brown and Paul can co-exist with Kobe. I personally think at this point, Kobe has matured to the point where as long as they are winning, he will be fine.

Hawkeye15
12-10-2011, 12:28 PM
and by the way, nice double standard in the media and fan base when they say its going to be Paul's team. Shouldn't the Heat have been labled Bron's team than? Media and fans said HELL NO, even if he was the better player.

Nothing different here. The double standards in the media and fans is hilarious to me.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-10-2011, 12:37 PM
didnt you guys heard that colby got a knee transplantation...terminator style

lakers4sho
12-10-2011, 01:19 PM

:clap::clap:

My childhood right there!!