PDA

View Full Version : Thaddeus Young agrees to deal with 76ers

StriveGreatness
12-09-2011, 06:22 PM
Thaddeus Young is nearing agreement on a 5 year, $42 million contract to stay with the 76ers, league sources tell Y! Sports.

@WojYahooNBA

Phenomenonsense
12-09-2011, 06:37 PM
Good for him. I wanted to offer him like 9.5 to come to the pistons.

GrkGawdofWalkz
12-09-2011, 06:41 PM
Good to see him stay, now they need to figure out the Iguodala, Young, Turner mess. He has an extremely high upside.

UPRock
12-09-2011, 06:41 PM
Good deal IMO.

Korman12
12-09-2011, 06:46 PM
less than i thought he'd get

SeoulBeatz
12-09-2011, 06:46 PM
I'm okay with this deal. I thought our management would pull something crazy like 11 mill per year, so 8 is ok.

I think the Sixers are really trying to keep this core together because of the chemistry this team has. Still leaves a logjam at the wing. Anybody want iggy?

cbreezy34
12-09-2011, 06:48 PM
I think the Sixers will be the suprise team of the year. A lot of home grown talent with great chemistry andupside.

TheKnight
12-09-2011, 06:48 PM
Good for him. I wanted to offer him like 9.5 to come to the pistons.

But we have Joe Dumars :laugh2:

jeter4president
12-09-2011, 06:54 PM
I think the Sixers will be the suprise team of the year. A lot of home grown talent with great chemistry andupside.

i agree, because they're one of the few teams with everyone in camp, and they are young enough to take this schedule.

they'll probably be the 4-5 seed in the East and get smoked in the first round lol.

cbreezy34
12-09-2011, 06:56 PM
I am in no means saying we are a contender but we have the advantage of having everone knowing how to play with each other in such a short camp. We also started the season 3-13 last year and improved a tremendous amount. We may not have the stars but I find this to be a very likeable bunch and Doug Collins is a great dude/coach.

PhillyFaninLA
12-09-2011, 06:58 PM
i agree, because they're one of the few teams with everyone in camp, and they are young enough to take this schedule.

they'll probably be the 4-5 seed in the East and get smoked in the first round lol.

Why would we get smoked in the first round. We held our own last year against the Heat in the first round and there is no reason we shouldn't be better this year with another year of experience and another year of Doug Collins influence.

PhillyFaninLA
12-09-2011, 07:01 PM
I am in no means saying we are a contender but we have the advantage of having everone knowing how to play with each other in such a short camp. We also started the season 3-13 last year and improved a tremendous amount. We may not have the stars but I find this to be a very likeable bunch and Doug Collins is a great dude/coach.

Yeah I don't get why people don't think we are a good team.

41 - 41 to end the season.

Started 3 and 13 as stated above.

We ended 38 - 28 which is strong. We are so young that we are only going to get better with a great coach and Evan Turner showed is potential against the Heat (stats won't show it you had to be watching) and he showed his heart and work ethic by spending all summer working with a renowned shooting coach.

waveycrockett
12-09-2011, 07:10 PM
Definitely won't be surprising anyone after how they played the heat but I still don't see them getting out the first unless Turner becomes what Branding Roy used to be

cbreezy34
12-09-2011, 07:12 PM
Yeah I mean even the Heat fans were impressed with Turner. Were gonna have our bumps and bruises during the year no doubt but we will suprise some people.

soxguy1
12-09-2011, 07:15 PM
Good to see him stay, now they need to figure out the Iguodala, Young, Turner mess. He has an extremely high upside.

ill take Iguodala on the bulls rather than Crawford. How about Deng and a pick?

PhillyFaninLA
12-09-2011, 07:16 PM
Definitely won't be surprising anyone after how they played the heat but I still don't see them getting out the first unless Turner becomes what Branding Roy used to be

I think Evan Turner will be a triple double machine starting next season but will dramatically improve this year.

I think the one that will be the most impressive this year is Jrue Holliday, he could realistically be a top 5 PG this year, he is still younger then some of the guys drafted this year and I think the only starting PG younger then him is Wall. I think Holliday will be elite and that more then Turner this year I think could get us out of the first round.

With that said I expect us to be a 4 or 5 seed this witch means we are not playing Chicago or Miami in the first round.