PDA

View Full Version : CP3 Trade...still alive?

JNA17
12-09-2011, 03:51 PM
"Major problem with a restructuring a @CP3 trade is that the Hornets have not made clear to the HOU or LA what other pieces can be dealt"

"From what I'm gathering neither HOU or LA is opposed to tinkering with the deal, but they have not been told who NO can trade."

"The bottom line is that the teams involved in this deal aren't considering it dead"

http://twitter.com/#!/ChrisMannixSI

I'm so confused :confused: :(.

Raps18-19 Champ
12-09-2011, 03:52 PM
Cool. Now Hornets get more in the deal so they don't get ripped off. Also means the Lakers and Rockets need to give up more.

BigCityofDreams
12-09-2011, 03:54 PM
What???? They weren't getting ripped off before. What more would you like the Hornets to get....should they throw in Bynum.

ShakeN'Bake
12-09-2011, 03:55 PM
Felt like the Rockets were kind of already getting ripped off.

JNA17
12-09-2011, 03:55 PM
Cool. Now Hornets get more in the deal so they don't get ripped off.

Are you a fool? Hornets lost out on the best possible package for Chris Paul and would have gotten a GREAT return for him. What ripoff are you even talking about?

jrm2054
12-09-2011, 03:57 PM
the hornets cant get more then they were

C-Style
12-09-2011, 03:58 PM
It can't be dead

rwynyc
12-09-2011, 03:58 PM
The rockets getting raped. Lakers making out by getting younger opening cap space. Hornets getting a good amount back. I have no issues with the trade as long as D12 doesnt end up in LA for next to nothing also.

C-Style
12-09-2011, 03:59 PM
Thats the best deal Horntes couldve had, Now that Dwight is soon to be a Net, I doubt Lakers give up both Lamar & Pau, they might change thei offer or ask for Okafor in return

Wade>You
Cool. Now Hornets get more in the deal so they don't get ripped off. Also means the Lakers and Rockets need to give up more.You'd have a tough time finding a superstar that netted more in return than what the Hornets are getting. It may not be for the future, but Scola-Odom-Martin is pretty good compared to what others have stars have netted in return.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
and the saga continues...

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-09-2011, 04:00 PM
WojYahooNBA Adrian Wojnarowski
As teams wait to re-engage Hornets on Chris Paul, here's one executive: "Truly feel for those guys, but we're all gonna lowball them now."
1 minute ago

Switch
12-09-2011, 04:00 PM
Cool. Now Hornets get more in the deal so they don't get ripped off. Also means the Lakers and Rockets need to give up more.

Lol this post made me laugh. You have no idea what you are talking about. How exactly are the Hornets getting ripped off? That was a good package, probably the best they could get.

J4KOP99
12-09-2011, 04:01 PM
if god is willing and the creek don't rise...

Eagles4Lyfe
12-09-2011, 04:01 PM
Can't wait for this thread to get redirected into that other humangous thread lmao.

futureman
12-09-2011, 04:19 PM
It's dead. Squashed like a squirrel on the side of the highway.

Raps18-19 Champ
12-09-2011, 04:22 PM
Are you a fool? Hornets lost out on the best possible package for Chris Paul and would have gotten a GREAT return for him. What ripoff are you even talking about?

Great in what way? Talent wise, might be the best.

Look at it this way. Where does that place them in the West for the next couple of years. No where near the playoffs. Where are they in the future? No where since they traded away a top 10 player for players in their late 20's-early 30's so they are severely crippled in the future.

Angelus™
12-09-2011, 04:24 PM
I thought the trade was very fair for each team involved already.

We'll see what happens next

Raps18-19 Champ
12-09-2011, 04:25 PM
You'd have a tough time finding a superstar that netted more in return than what the Hornets are getting. It may not be for the future, but Scola-Odom-Martin is pretty good compared to what others have stars have netted in return.

Looking at the big picture, how does that look good?

Talent wise. Sure. But even then, that team is still **** to make it to the playoffs. Then they will be even more **** for the future.

Stern is acting like how owners should act. Either go all out and go for a title run or rebuild for the future. Hornets get neither in that deal.

JordansBulls
12-09-2011, 04:26 PM

They gave up the best player in the group and didn't even get the 2nd best player back.

LAOwnsAll15
12-09-2011, 04:27 PM
That trade was super fair. They Lakers were just coming out too ahead (financially) which was okay because they were giving up the most talent.

But whatever, Im sure whoever they are "forced" to get to bring the #'s closer is going to be a good asset.

BigCityofDreams

Look at it this way. Where does that place them in the West for the next couple of years. No where near the playoffs. Where are they in the future? No where since they traded away a top 10 player for players in their late 20's-early 30's so they are severely crippled in the future.

Now they have no future once Paul leaves. At least the trade would have gave them some assets.

Raps18-19 Champ
Not anymore now they won't get anything. The league screwed the Hornets.
Obviously this isn't the end of the Paul saga.

I have no doubt Paul will be traded. Stern just wants the Hornets to either get players who will keep them competitive or get young players who will make them competitive in the future.

Lakerfrk
12-09-2011, 04:28 PM
According to Gilbert...

The Lakers gain TOO much cap relief, AND aren't giving up ANY picks...

So..

Add Emeka Okafor to the deal to the Lakers, and the Lakers give up a 1st and 2nd round pick... Is that better?

What? No? That's a problem too? Now the Lakers get too much? So lets take Emeka out.. Lakers get too much cap relief???

Vicious cycle...

Raps18-19 Champ
12-09-2011, 04:29 PM
They gave up the best player in the group and didn't even get the 2nd best player back.

Thank you.

They should at least be getting Gasol back.

If it was a Gasol for Paul type deal, I would have no problem. But they are getting Kevin Martin, Lamar Odom and Luis Scola. None are even top 40 in the league and they are trading a guy who will has top 5 all time for a PG talent.

BigCityofDreams
12-09-2011, 04:31 PM
Obviously this isn't the end of the Paul saga.

I have no doubt Paul will be traded. Stern just wants the Hornets to either get players who will keep them competitive or get young players who will make them competitive in the future.

What team in their right mind is going to trade for Paul when they know he won't resign. If you're a team why give up your young talent only to see Cp3 walk away.

Lloyd Christmas
12-09-2011, 04:31 PM
This trade has to be allowed if the NBA wants any credibilty. I expect it to be completed by Monday.

Hellcrooner
12-09-2011, 04:34 PM
i will die laughin is if the result of this is lakers having to "eat" okafor, wich was the reason i didnt like the trade, lakers frontcourt being just bynum and his knees with no Pf.

Raps18-19 Champ
12-09-2011, 04:34 PM
What team in their right mind is going to trade for Paul when they know he won't resign. If you're a team why give up your young talent only to see Cp3 walk away.

For one thing, the Celtics are clearly offering Rondo. Regardless of what they say.

Even if it isn't young talent, don't give shitbox players like Odom. Hornets are giving a top 10 player in this league. At least give them something that will keep them relevant. Pau Gasol goes to the Hornets and I see no problem with this deal.

enserio
12-09-2011, 04:36 PM
Ain't much wrong with the trio of Martin, Lamar, Scola. None of these guys has been seriously injured in the last few years, they all play hard. You got Scola, who just does not stop, 6th man of the year, and Martin is a very decent pg. Weren't they also getting a 1st rounder from HOU?

Fock is this monkey talking about not fair?

On topic - deal not dead. Does not stop here. They were so close that they have to have it. Have to.

Q: So, is Dan Gilbert gonna weigh in on whats fair for every trade now? Just because he got dumped by Mr. 4th qtr? There's a Dan Gilbert or two up in here, I tell ya

JeffFrankGore
12-09-2011, 04:39 PM

Ok, I'm tired of reading these excuses. Before you post stupid things like this, you have to think, where were they before they made the trade? Were they winning with just paul? NO, thats why he wanted to leave, and they aren't putting a team around them. You cannot ever expect to trade a superstar and be better than you were before. Just doesn't happen. ever. period. Fact is, this is the only trade that nets something in return that can give you a semi-competitive team. They are trading 1 player!!! Even Shaq didn't net much more than this in return, and even you must know that he was by far more of a player to build a team around than CP3. CP3 forced their hand. Teams know that they need to trade him. When that happens, there is no possibility of getting equal value in return. Even then, somehow, their GM worked out a deal that made them pretty damn near the same in competitiveness after the trade than they were before. That is the reason that people consider this such a good trade. Get that through your head.

Raps18-19 Champ
12-09-2011, 04:40 PM
Ain't much wrong with the trio of Martin, Lamar, Scola. None of these guys has been seriously injured in the last few years, they all play hard. You got Scola, who just does not stop, 6th man of the year, and Martin is a very decent pg. Weren't they also getting a 1st rounder from HOU?

Fock is this monkey talking about not fair?

On topic - deal not dead. Does not stop here. They were so close that they have to have it. Have to.

Q: So, is Dan Gilbert gonna weigh in on whats fair for every trade now? Just because he got dumped by Mr. 4th qtr? There's a Dan Gilbert or two up in here, I tell ya

Talent wise, I see no problem with it either.

But it puts the Hornets is horrible position. For one, they will always be a team missing the playoffs. So they'll get picks between 10th-14th. In the future, they are even more screwed.

At least give them Gasol to have some sort of hope for the playoffs.

Raps18-19 Champ
12-09-2011, 04:43 PM
Ok, I'm tired of reading these excuses. Before you post stupid things like this, you have to think, where were they before they made the trade? Were they winning with just paul? NO, thats why he wanted to leave, and they aren't putting a team around them. You cannot ever expect to trade a superstar and be better than you were before. Just doesn't happen. ever. period. Fact is, this is the only trade that nets something in return that can give you a semi-competitive team. They are trading 1 player!!! Even Shaq didn't net much more than this in return, and even you must know that he was by far more of a player to build a team around than CP3. CP3 forced their hand. Teams know that they need to trade him. When that happens, there is no possibility of getting equal value in return. Even then, somehow, their GM worked out a deal that made them pretty damn near the same in competitiveness after the trade than they were before. That is the reason that people consider this such a good trade. Get that through your head.

So they already weren't competitive like you say, then you decide "hey, why don't we **** around with them by making them somewhat competitive and give them less than stellar players who will give them no benefit in 2 years since they'll be ****".

That's what I seem to get from this post.

I've said it before. You want Paul, give them Gasol. Never in my life have I seen a team trade a top 10 player and the team receiving the top 10 player trades a top 20 player to another team so the team trading the top 10 player can get a player in the best 50th player range. The Hornets don't get much out of that deal they receive anyways. Keeps them from the future and out of the playoffs. They'll just be stuck in the NBA "no zone" for years.

Heediot
12-09-2011, 04:44 PM
The Rockets chose to rip-off themselves for cap-room and flexibility.

BigCityofDreams
12-09-2011, 04:45 PM
For one thing, the Celtics are clearly offering Rondo. Regardless of what they say.

Even if it isn't young talent, don't give shitbox players like Odom. Hornets are giving a top 10 player in this league. At least give them something that will keep them relevant. Pau Gasol goes to the Hornets and I see no problem with this deal.

Why would they want Pau Gasol? If they wanted him they could get him but obviously they didn't want Pau.

JNA17

But it puts the Hornets is horrible position. For one, they will always be a team missing the playoffs. So they'll get picks between 10th-14th. In the future, they are even more screwed.

You act like the hornets would just stick with those players for years and thats it.

Except that would not be the case at all. It opens up many more options with those acquired players that can open up even more possible trades. Instead of ending up like the caves and getting nothing while your star player leaves for that same team or the Knicks.

LakersMaster24

Do you understand what the word REBUILDING means?

Hornets, dont want to have Gasol, that will probably be good enough to give them 8th-7th seed in the West. They want to suck ***, so they can get good picks in the future. How much do you wanna bet, if Gasol was headed to New Orleans you would say "Oh wow, Hornets are getting a aging Gasol for their young superstar, bla bla bla".

JeffFrankGore
12-09-2011, 04:49 PM
So they already weren't competitive like you say, then you decide "hey, why don't we **** around with them by making them somewhat competitive and give them less than stellar players who will give them no benefit in 2 years since they'll be ****".

That's what I seem to get from this post.

I've said it before. You want Paul, give them Gasol. Never in my life have I seen a team trade a top 10 player and the team receiving the top 10 player trades a top 20 player to another team so the team trading the top 10 player can get a player in the best 50th player range. The Hornets don't get much out of that deal they receive anyways. Keeps them from the future and out of the playoffs. They'll just be stuck in the NBA "no zone" for years.

Honestly, nobody's fault but the hornets in that one. Maybe someone should ask if their motive is not to be competitive in this regard. The lakers are not the ones who wanted a third team involved. Lakers still lose pau in the deal, and were obviously willing to give him to the hornets, but he hornets chose the package you mention, rather than receiving pau. And since the lakers give up both pau and odom, and still are only getting paul in return, technically it would make no difference if to them if the hornets got both of them and they got paul in return.

Raps18-19 Champ
12-09-2011, 04:51 PM
You act like the hornets would just stick with those players for years and thats it.

Except that would not be the case at all. It opens up many more options with those acquired players that can open up even more possible trades. Instead of ending up like the caves and getting nothing while your star player leaves for that same team or the Knicks.

Which is why I suggest they get better value out of it. They aren't even getting the 2nd best player in the deal. And the players they get are not going to get them anything that would benefit them much in the future since I doubt anyone trades a young prospect for Scola, Odom, or Martin.

I said it in another thread too. I wouldn't have a problem with it had the Rockets been another team. Since the Rockets can't give prospects like some teams can.

Raps18-19 Champ
12-09-2011, 04:53 PM
Honestly, nobody's fault but the hornets in that one. Maybe someone should ask if their motive is not to be competitive in this regard. The lakers are not the ones who wanted a third team involved. Lakers still lose pau in the deal, and were obviously willing to give him to the hornets, but he hornets chose the package you mention, rather than receiving pau. And since the lakers give up both pau and odom, and still are only getting paul in return, technically it would make no difference if to them if the hornets got both of them and they got paul in return.

Which is why the owners are stepping up to make sure that it doesn't happen where they are going to be **** for years to come. The NBA owns the Hornets. I said vetoing the trade was unfair. But at least they are actually putting teh effort to make sure the team wouldn't be ****.

Raps18-19 Champ
12-09-2011, 04:54 PM
Do you understand what the word REBUILDING means?

Hornets, dont want to have Gasol, that will probably be good enough to give them 8th-7th seed in the West. They want to suck ***, so they can get good picks in the future. How much do you wanna bet, if Gasol was headed to New Orleans you would say "Oh wow, Hornets are getting a aging Gasol for their young superstar, bla bla bla".

I'm not too sure the owners want what you just said. Which is why they stepped in. As unfair as it was, at least they are trying to make the Hornets somewhat relevant.

LAOwnsAll15
12-09-2011, 04:54 PM
Honestly guys, how can 1 single trade make the NOH relevant when a superstar couldnt?

This 1 trade was fukn epic for the Hornets, they got an entire roster for 1 body.
If the GM wasnt hadicapped im sure he could then go and sign a highend player to cement their relevance in the NBA.

Problem is, the Hornets themselves dont wanna be win. So why do you care.?

JNA17
12-09-2011, 04:55 PM
Which is why I suggest they get better value out of it. They aren't even getting the 2nd best player in the deal. And the players they get are not going to get them anything that would benefit them much in the future since I doubt anyone trades a young prospect for Scola, Odom, or Martin.

you don't know that though. Have you seen the recent signings and trades? They can easily get draft picks, young prospects, suck it up for the draft, or just do whatever the hell they want.

Raps18-19 Champ
12-09-2011, 04:58 PM
you don't know that though. Have you seen the recent signings and trades? They can easily get draft picks, young prospects, suck it up for the draft, or just do whatever the hell they want.

How much of a prospect would you trade for Lamar Odom or Kevin Martin or Luis Scola compared to Gasol?

Because as a Raptors fan, I wouldn't give up Ed Davis or Derozan for none except for Gasol.

I suggested it somewhere else. My problem is the Rockets in this TBH. If the Rockets were replaced by a team that can give prospects to the Hornets, I'd have no issue. But they are trading the Hornets, if we are being hoenst, not so stellar players who don't do much for them on the court or in trade talks.

Raps18-19 Champ
12-09-2011, 04:59 PM
Honestly guys, how can 1 single trade make the NOH relevant when a superstar couldnt?

This 1 trade was fukn epic for the Hornets, they got an entire roster for 1 body.
If the GM wasnt hadicapped im sure he could then go and sign a highend player to cement their relevance in the NBA.

Problem is, the Hornets themselves dont wanna be win. So why do you care.?

Why do you think the owners stepped in? They actually do wanna win.

Hellcrooner
12-09-2011, 05:00 PM
How much of a prospect would you trade for Lamar Odom or Kevin Martin or Luis Scola compared to Gasol?

Because as a Raptors fan, I wouldn't give up Ed Davis or Derozan for none except for Gasol.

I suggested it somewhere else. My problem is the Rockets in this TBH. If the Rockets were replaced by a team that can give prospects to the Hornets, I'd have no issue. But they are trading the Hornets, if we are being hoenst, not so stellar players who don't do much for them on the court or in trade talks.

Go read some Rocket forums , not only here in psd.

Their fans are arguing the rather have Scola than gasol.

So.....

JNA17
12-09-2011, 05:01 PM

That explains a lot for the organizations success now doesn't it?

Raps18-19 Champ
12-09-2011, 05:02 PM
Go read some Rocket forums , not only here in psd.

Their fans are arguing the rather have Scola than gasol.

So.....

From what I saw, they are complaining because they give up both Scola and Martin. A lot thought it would be cool to get the arguably 2nd best player in the NBA.

Pakman
12-09-2011, 05:03 PM
This better get figured out today..I'm getting grey hairs from all these rumors.

lpdunks8
12-09-2011, 05:03 PM
Thank you.

They should at least be getting Gasol back.

If it was a Gasol for Paul type deal, I would have no problem. But they are getting Kevin Martin, Lamar Odom and Luis Scola. None are even top 40 in the league and they are trading a guy who will has top 5 all time for a PG talent.

Have you guys not been paying attention to the last week of news? The Hornets DID NOT WANT Gasol. That's why a third team had to be included.

If you do understand that fact, are you saying the Hornets screwed themselves?

Kevj77
12-09-2011, 05:04 PM
Why would they want Pau Gasol? If they wanted him they could get him but obviously they didn't want Pau.Exactly if they wanted Pau they wouldn't have needed to do a three team deal. They had the cap space to do the deal straight up for Pau and Odom. Objective observers understand the Hornets made a good deal. A lot of analists felt the Rockets were on the short end of the trade.

The Lakers gave up 2/3 of the frontcourt that won them 2 championships, actually since Bynum never played in the playoffs that is their championship frontcourt.

It was a fair trade I don't see how they can get better. You never get equal return when you are forced to trade a top 5 player.

mightybosstone
12-09-2011, 05:05 PM
First of all, anyone who thinks the Rockets got ripped off should just stop. You're wrong. Period.

Secondly... What makes no sense to me is the fact that the Hornets have LITERALLY zero leverage. If they don't make a deal for Paul this season, they'll get nothing in free agency so they almost HAVE to deal him for it to make any sense. The deal they got was 10 times better than what I thought they would get and easily better than any other deal I've seen anyone else offer.

So, what worries me is that the Hornets were already getting a really good deal. How could this deal be tinkered with without suddenly becoming incredibly one-sided? The only thing I can think of is that instead of the Lakers getting Okafor, they keep Odom and give the Hornets a 1st and 2nd round pick instead.

So, essentially the Hornets would get Martin, Gasol, Dragic, two firsts and two seconds. To me, that deal actually makes more sense anyway as the Lakers wouldn't have to go out of their way to acquire another PF and the Hornets would be getting rebuilding pieces instead of another aging player...

Raps18-19 Champ
12-09-2011, 05:06 PM
Have you guys not been paying attention to the last week of news? The Hornets DID NOT WANT Gasol. That's why a third team had to be included.

If you do understand that fact, are you saying the Hornets screwed themselves?

Hornets were screwing themselves over with that trade. That's why the owners stepped in.

tbomlad
12-09-2011, 05:06 PM
No, this trade is completely done. There's nothing Paul or the union can about it in the courts. Paul can hold out which he's decided against doing now so this no longer thread worthy, it's over!!!

gotoHcarolina52
12-09-2011, 05:09 PM
The Rockets chose to rip-off themselves for cap-room and flexibility.

Exactly. Rumors are they wanted a Dwight-Nene or Dwight-Pau or Nene-Pau front court.

mightybosstone
12-09-2011, 05:20 PM
Hornets were screwing themselves over with that trade. That's why the owners stepped in.

Are you being serious, dude? Let me repeat... The Hornets have NO leverage! If they don't deal Paul, they will get NOTHING for him a year from now. And this is the BEST deal they could have possibly hoped to get, because the Lakers are one of only two teams Paul would actually sign an extension. They also have no use whatsoever for a player like Pau, IMO, especially considering he has $57 million remaining over the next three years.

WadeKobe

The guy is right. Scola and Odom don't help you get younger and get good draft picks. You don't build with those guys, you simply float around 7-8.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
WojYahooNBA Adrian Wojnarowski
New Orleans, Houston and Lakers are re-engaged in talks to find a new way to complete Chris Paul blockbuster trade, league sources tell Y!
1 minute ago

greek miami hea
12-09-2011, 05:21 PM
WojYahooNBA New Orleans, Houston and Lakers are re-engaged in talks to find a new way to complete Chris Paul blockbuster trade, league sources tell Y!
hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Wrench
12-09-2011, 05:22 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski

New Orleans, Houston and Lakers are re-engaged in talks to find a new way to complete Chris Paul blockbuster trade, league sources tell Y!

Wrench
12-09-2011, 05:23 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski

On renewed talks for nixed Chris Paul blockbuster: "All three teams are engaged," one source tells Y! Sports. "Not sure if it will work."

Pakman
12-09-2011, 05:26 PM
Get it done.

BigCityofDreams
12-09-2011, 05:27 PM
Exactly if they wanted Pau they wouldn't have needed to do a three team deal. They had the cap space to do the deal straight up for Pau and Odom. Objective observers understand the Hornets made a good deal. A lot of analists felt the Rockets were on the short end of the trade.

The Lakers gave up 2/3 of the frontcourt that won them 2 championships, actually since Bynum never played in the playoffs that is their championship frontcourt.

It was a fair trade I don't see how they can get better. You never get equal return when you are forced to trade a top 5 player.

Very well said and you're right the Hornets made out great in this trade. Ppl should take a trip to the Hornet forum the fans in there are pissed because this fell through.

"You never get equal return when you are forced to trade a top 5 player."

Exactly are ppl forgetting Shaq was traded for Butler, Odom, and Brian Grant.

SDDodger
12-09-2011, 05:28 PM
What I would like to see is a team like the Hornets let it play out and see a superstar walk and sign for less. The Hornets would be better served by keeping the cap space. Eventually if these small market teams quit giving in and sending stars to larger markets the large markets are not going to be able to sign these stars. Lets not kid ourselves these stars are not going to sign for the midlevel with a large market. When has it ever happened. If they just want to "win" as they claim let them take the midlevel and not let them win and get paid.

Orlando is in a different situation. If they let Howard walk they are still screwed cap wise so they should deal Howard and get the best deal that they can.

8kobe24
12-09-2011, 05:32 PM

ONLY because the Hornets did not want the 2nd best player back.

nothappyinut
12-09-2011, 05:35 PM
Man none of you get it. It's not about who was being traded it was about the MONEY. Please for the love understand that. So simple minded, why on earth would the owners want to add more salary to a team losing money. Everyone is going back and forth about stuff that is nonsense. It's all about the money and if I was an owner paying money towards a team that wasn't fully mine and I was having more cost induced without any revenue increases I would of done the same thing. We aren't talking about 10 bucks we are talking about roughly 15mil. Get a grip.

JNA17
12-09-2011, 05:35 PM
ummmm...guys....

RT @PetrosAndMoney: Lamar just left the Lakers facility. Only there for 15 minutes, so figure that one out.

He showed up to training camp, talked to mitch, and left after 15 minutes. Something big is going down.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-09-2011, 05:39 PM
oh ****, this is getting bad

8kobe24
12-09-2011, 05:40 PM

CP3 will NOT sign an extension anywhere else except LA or NY. NY is out of the picture because they don't have the assets to trade for CP3. So that makes LA the only viable option/destination. LA brought in HOU to give NO the best deal possible. If they do not trade CP3 to LA, they get NOTHING when he walks as a free agent 7 months from now.
Now let me ask you this, and lets use some common sense here, which one is more "crippling", SOMETHING in return, or nothing in return?

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-09-2011, 05:40 PM
LO's days as a laker are over

JNA17
12-09-2011, 05:43 PM
LO's days as a laker are over

Maybe. But the deal is definitely now being reworked. Stern must have gave some sort of signal for this reworked deal to EVEN BE TALKED ABOUT so it looks like the deal is very much alive now...

what changes? Lakers could keep odom and add a pick or two, or lakers take okafor and/or Ariza, who the hell knows.

8kobe24
12-09-2011, 05:45 PM
Man none of you get it. It's not about who was being traded it was about the MONEY. Please for the love understand that. So simple minded, why on earth would the owners want to add more salary to a team losing money. Everyone is going back and forth about stuff that is nonsense. It's all about the money and if I was an owner paying money towards a team that wasn't fully mine and I was having more cost induced without any revenue increases I would of done the same thing. We aren't talking about 10 bucks we are talking about roughly 15mil. Get a grip.

Are you implying that should the Lakers had offered Gasol for CP3 straight up, then that would make more sense monetary wise? You really think that the owners/stern would have signed off on that, and we would not have this fiasco? Gimme a break...15 million ain't nothing to these billionaires.

gotoHcarolina52
12-09-2011, 05:45 PM
I say the Lakers will end up giving up both Bynum and Gasol and a pick

JNA17
12-09-2011, 05:46 PM
sam_amick Sam Amick
Sources confirm New Orleans is talking Chris Paul deals again. 3-team deal w/ Lakers, Hou might still have hope, but others discussed too.

**** is getting real.

JNA17
12-09-2011, 05:46 PM
I say the Lakers will end up giving up both Bynum and Gasol and a pick

Not even possible, or logical.

JNA17
12-09-2011, 05:47 PM
http://twitter.com/#!/ChrisMannixSI

Quote:
Lakers, Rockets, Hornets talking, exploring ways to sweeten the deal

what the hell does that even mean!?

ccspence8
12-09-2011, 05:47 PM
hmmm wonder if the Celtics are still in on it?

SDDodger
12-09-2011, 05:48 PM
They don't get nothing when he walks. They get cap space. Will a star sign there? Probably not but then again the current star doesn't get to choose where he plays unless he takes way less money. Why take on cap and mire themselves in mediocrity?

Let CP3 walk and sign a midlevel with someone if he wants to win. If small markets want competitive balance as they say they have to quit giving in and taking of bad contracts from other teams just for the appeance of "getting nothing in return" The only way these large markets are able to stockpile superstars is through these rediculous sign and trades or by years of sucking to lead to cap space. Miami had to basically gut their team to get their big 3 and Donnie walsh shrewdly built cap space and assets to get where they are. Force the Lakers to go through the rebuilding process the same way. Don't take their aging vets that got swept by the mavs and instantly rebuild them.

nothappyinut
12-09-2011, 05:49 PM
Owners didn't become millionaires because 15mil was nothing too them. It's real easy to sit back behind your computer and say that when in actuality you haven't a clue of what the owners think about 15mil. Stop being ignorant this isn't monopoly money nor fantasy basketball!!!

passengershawn
12-09-2011, 05:53 PM

Giving up the #3 or 4 big man in the game (Gasol) and the reigning 6th man of the year that could start on any team and at any position- save maybe SG- (Odom) is not giving up enough for Paul?

nothappyinut
12-09-2011, 05:54 PM
Are you implying that should the Lakers had offered Gasol for CP3 straight up, then that would make more sense monetary wise? You really think that the owners/stern would have signed off on that, and we would not have this fiasco? Gimme a break...15 million ain't nothing to these billionaires.

I'm not implying anything I'm merely stating a fact. I have no idea if they offered gasol for cp3 what the owners would say and neither do you. You're just assuming you do and we all know what they say about people that assume!!!!!!! Also are you one of those people that think when you hear someone is worth 1mil dollars that they actually have 1mil dollars in the bank????

Sportfan
12-09-2011, 05:54 PM
Giving up the #3 or 4 big man in the game (Gasol) and the reigning 6th man of the year that could start on any team and at any position- save maybe SG- (Odom) is not giving up enough for Paul?
gasol the #3 big man?

#lamejoke

gotoHcarolina52
12-09-2011, 06:03 PM
Not even possible, or logical.

It's most definitely possible.

Lakers
Chris Paul
Emeka Okafor
Hasheem Thabeet

Rockets
Pau Gasol
Trevor Ariza

Hornets
Andrew Bynum
Lamar Odom
Luis Scola
Jordan Hill
Terrence Williams

J4KOP99
12-09-2011, 06:05 PM

Lakers
Chris Paul
Emeka Okafor
Hasheem Thabeet

Rockets
Pau Gasol
Trevor Ariza

Hornets
Andrew Bynum
Lamar Odom
Luis Scola
Jordan Hill
Terrence Williams

That would be an incredible deal for the Hornets. As a Lakers fan, I wouldn't do it though.

J4KOP99
12-09-2011, 06:05 PM
Also, wasn't Ariza already on the Rockets?

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-09-2011, 06:07 PM
Also, wasn't Ariza already on the Rockets?

And the Lakers :D

Btw: We should really merge this thread with the other thread talking about the 3-way deal being revived.

JNA17
12-09-2011, 06:08 PM

Lakers
Chris Paul
Emeka Okafor
Hasheem Thabeet

Rockets
Pau Gasol
Trevor Ariza

Hornets
Andrew Bynum
Lamar Odom
Luis Scola
Jordan Hill
Terrence Williams

Again not even possible (salary wise) and logically (Mitch is smart)

J4KOP99
12-09-2011, 06:08 PM
And the Lakers :D

Btw: We should really merge this thread with the other thread talking about the 3-way deal being revived.

But he wanted to come back to LA. LA just chose Artest instead... did he even want to re-sign with Houston? Or was he traded to New orleans? I forget...

J4KOP99
12-09-2011, 06:09 PM
Yeah, somebody merge these threads... I'm getting very confused as to what I posted in each thread.

gotoHcarolina52
12-09-2011, 06:09 PM
That would be an incredible deal for the Hornets. As a Lakers fan, I wouldn't do it though.

I doubt the Lakers would do that--their front court would be gutted. But, yes, there's no way the league, as the Hornets' caretaker, can knock that deal down with a straight face.

Chronz
12-09-2011, 06:22 PM
Ariza+Emeka+CP3 TO LAL

Gasol to Houston

Kevin Martin+ Bynum+ Odom to NOH

beliges
12-09-2011, 06:45 PM
Ariza+Emeka+CP3 TO LAL

Gasol to Houston

Not a chance Lakers give up their entire championship core for CP3. The suggestion that they would is laughable at the very least. I think if the CP3 deal does not go through, the Lakers push hard for Howard. However, it seems the league is handcuffed in trading CP3 anywhere else because then they would have a plethra of other legal issues to deal with so I got a feeling the deal will go through with a few minor tweeks.

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-09-2011, 06:50 PM
Ariza+Emeka+CP3 TO LAL

Gasol to Houston

No.

Sportfan
12-09-2011, 06:51 PM
if it is only slightly modified and the trade is approved, the NBA does the impossible and looks EVEN WORSE than they did last night.

it will make him and the whole league office look like even more of a joke, as if the veto was a heat-of-the-moment rash decision and now they are sheepishly saying okay.

Squad13
12-09-2011, 06:51 PM
Why the hell would we include Bynum? That's moronic .

ripjhb18
12-09-2011, 06:52 PM
if it is only slightly modified and the trade is approved, the NBA does the impossible and looks EVEN WORSE than they did last night.

it will make him and the whole league office look like even more of a joke, as if the veto was a heat-of-the-moment rash decision and now they are sheepishly saying okay.

Then they really shouldn't be allowing them to negotiate with the Lakers then.

boolish
12-09-2011, 07:02 PM
it will be done by Monday. cp3 in Laker uni Monday.

BigCityofDreams
12-09-2011, 07:17 PM
and when does Howard come two to three days later

Sportfan
12-09-2011, 07:20 PM
Howard Beck: As Hornets restart trade talks, directive from NBA is to get better, younger package, to ensure long-term success, I'm told. 2 minutes ago
bynum or bust

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-09-2011, 07:24 PM
HowardBeckNYT Howard Beck
by ChrisMannixSI
As Hornets restart trade talks, directive from NBA is to get better, younger package, to ensure long-term success, I'm told.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-09-2011, 07:26 PM
bynum or bust

they are not gonna get bynum, whats wrong with kmart...he's like 28

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-09-2011, 07:28 PM
they are not gonna get bynum, whats wrong with kmart...he's like 28

Fine, Thabeet is young, so Rockets should trade him along with young Dragic and 28 yr old KMart and the veterans Odom & Scola. Lakers should probably throw in Ebanks and Caracter too.

Is that young enough for you Stern?

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-09-2011, 07:31 PM
ChrisMannixSI Chris Mannix
Remember, the Hornets have limited options. GSW, LAL, LAC, BOS have shown most interest because there's no guarantee @CP3 stays long term
1 minute ago

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-09-2011, 07:31 PM
ChrisMannixSI Chris Mannix
Those young players and draft picks the NBA is demanding may not be out there
1 minute ago

Cano-Montero...
12-09-2011, 07:34 PM
Why dont David stern formulate his own trade proposal and get this over with...

Fabian43
12-09-2011, 07:37 PM

I disagree. If they "reverse" the veto it will not make them look even worse but rather it will show that Stern came to his dillusional senses and did the right thing.

beliges
12-09-2011, 07:38 PM
bynum or bust

If im the Lakers, id give Bynum and keep LO and Pau. Id be happy with CP3, Kobe, Lamar and Pau. If they want younger, give them Bynum straight up. Unless of course they are certain that a deal with Orlando can be reached, in that case, hold out for Dwight. But I dont see any scenario that CP3 gets traded anywhere else at this point because then you create a whole bunch of other potential legal issues for the league.

310Casper
12-09-2011, 07:38 PM
Gasol has strained right quadriceps and didn't practice -- and skipped media session today to get medical tests.

Fabian43
12-09-2011, 07:39 PM
gasol the #3 big man?

#lamejoke

your opinion on this is a joke. minus his recent playoff meltdown, many people considered Pau a Top 3 big in the game. Don't let your Boston jealousy of LA make you make ignorant comments.

J4KOP99
12-09-2011, 07:39 PM
Maybe the Lakers swap Bynum with Gasol but there is no way they trade both.

Cano-Montero...
12-09-2011, 07:42 PM
Gasol has strained right quadriceps and didn't practice -- and skipped media session today to get medical tests.

probably an excuse to playing...lol

Fabian43
12-09-2011, 07:43 PM
kinda seems like Stern is saying, "get Bynum and I'll approve it." That way D12 for sure isn't coming to LA w/o Bynum avail.

ripjhb18
12-09-2011, 07:43 PM
Maybe the Lakers swap Bynum with Gasol but there is no way they trade both.

That kicks Houston out of the deal.

DeRozan10
12-09-2011, 07:44 PM
Hope this deal goes through. CP3 on the LAKESHOW will be wicked.

DeRozan10
12-09-2011, 07:45 PM
Paul / Bryant backcourt could be GOAT!!!

J4KOP99
12-09-2011, 07:45 PM
That kicks Houston out of the deal.

Yeah, that's the other problem... I have no idea man. This is a complete mess.

ripjhb18
12-09-2011, 07:48 PM
Yeah, that's the other problem... I have no idea man. This is a complete mess.

Only way would be, if the league liked it, send Bynum, Odom and picks/youngwhatever crap to NO for Paul and Okafor/Ariza.

NO then finds a place to flip Odom for some stuff in a new three team deal.

mgsports
12-09-2011, 07:50 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine +12wins for Hornets and Blake would also go to Hornets and Bynum to. Then Fisher/Odom to Magic +5wins,Orton/Redick/3.4 mil and Biedrens to Lakers and to Warriors Jason Richardson/Walton/Duhon.

gotoHcarolina52
12-09-2011, 07:56 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine +12wins for Hornets and Blake would also go to Hornets and Bynum to. Then Fisher/Odom to Magic +5wins,Orton/Redick/3.4 mil and Biedrens to Lakers and to Warriors Jason Richardson/Walton/Duhon.

+5 %^#$ +34 ..../// - 123(x4rd_). :cricket: = 45.67 -RF = 3.1415926535

Lakeshow24KB
12-09-2011, 07:59 PM
I'm not sure how Omeka would react to playing with kobe after that dunk in the playoffs...lol

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-09-2011, 08:01 PM
Mike_Bresnahan Mike Bresnahan
Kobe on the blocked Chris Paul trade: "Don't really think about it. It's not our job to. It's our job to show up and play."
1 minute ago

Sportfan
12-09-2011, 08:02 PM
your opinion on this is a joke. minus his recent playoff meltdown, many people considered Pau a Top 3 big in the game. Don't let your Boston jealousy of LA make you make ignorant comments.
Dwight
Dirk
Amare

done.

I disagree. If they "reverse" the veto it will not make them look even worse but rather it will show that Stern came to his dillusional senses and did the right thing.
no, it shows that the nba is overpowered by the media

lol, watch a physical mess things up and then Houston says **** this and leaves

3mikee_
12-09-2011, 08:07 PM
I think eventually the trade is going to go through one way or another. I'm sure Stern has seen the backlash that his ******** decision has caused from the media and the fans...

I have a feeling that somehow the trade will end up being worse than it originally was for New Orleans.

mightybosstone
12-09-2011, 08:07 PM
Dwight
Dirk
Amare

done.
:laugh:
Do you ACTUALLY think Amare is a better player than Pau? If so, I'd really think my knowledge of the game of basketball if I were you.

championships
12-09-2011, 08:09 PM
Now I get it. Stern really just wanted the Lakers to get a better deal, not the Hornets..,.. cool. Throwing in Okafor and/or West will help us big time.

Sportfan
12-09-2011, 08:10 PM
Do you ACTUALLY think Amare is a better player than Pau? If so, I'd really think my knowledge of the game of basketball if I were you.
PSD agreed with me in the polls we did in the summer, so I don't know why you're laughing so hard :shrug:

Mile High Champ
12-09-2011, 08:10 PM
Some people are just acting stupid at this point. Stern answers to the owners of the league. He has every right to veto a trade as the interm owner of the New Orleans Hornets. The NBA gave the wrong reason why the trade was vetoed but the deal to begin with was complete BS. I am very happy it was vetoed by the league.

championships
12-09-2011, 08:11 PM

Pau owned Amare when he was with the Suns. Specially in the playoffs :)

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-09-2011, 08:12 PM
PSD agreed with me in the polls we did in the summer, so I don't know why you're laughing so hard :shrug:

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Sportfan
12-09-2011, 08:14 PM
^you're insulting yourself by saying that

Pau owned Amare when he was with the Suns. Specially in the playoffs :)
head2head.

Pau 17/7. Amare 23/10

Pau was more efficient FG%, but he didn't have to be the #1 scorer like Amare has been

Bruno
12-09-2011, 08:16 PM
the lakers need to give up more? maybe a pick, maybe a contract filler, but that's it. what they need is to take in more salary to appease gilbert and the other weak sauce owners who are complaining about the bill. this trade leaves LAL wide open in the middle.

horrible idea to build a big three around three knee liabilities if you're LA. they need a PF/C to come back in the deal, and maybe throw in that draft pick.

Bruno
12-09-2011, 08:18 PM
Kobe on the blocked Chris Paul trade: "Don't really think about it. It's not our job to. It's our job to show up and play."
1 minute ago

haha, gotta love Kobe. the dudes a rock, an island.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-09-2011, 08:20 PM
Derek Fisher, president of the players' union, disagreed with the NBA's "ability to hold up a trade in the fashion that they have."

Maine Big Dawg
12-09-2011, 08:21 PM
I would say that this puts Boston at the front of the pack with there offer of Rondo+Green and picks, seems to fit the best direction Stern wants the deal to go.

chicago lulz
12-09-2011, 08:23 PM
1 minute ago

This is just another reason why I respect Kobe.

Kobe on David Stern's decision: "He can do whatever the hell he wants. He's the commissioner."

These players/people *****ing are something else.

Ecko72jc
12-09-2011, 08:23 PM
I would say that this puts Boston at the front of the pack with there offer of Rondo+Green and picks, seems to fit the best direction Stern wants the deal to go.

I love the fight but Celts won't get him. LA will criple themselves with this deal anyways. Bynum will not get Dwight.

mightybosstone
12-09-2011, 08:25 PM

So? And all of the intelligent GMs talked about how stupid that was and how we should somehow try to alter the process to allow Pau to be named the No. 2 PF in the league. If it wasn't for Knicks fans and ignorant NBA fans who can't comprehend statistics outside of points per game than Pau would have won in a landslide. Aside from scoring, Pau is literally better at everything than Amare. He's a superior rebounder, ball handler, shot blocker and defender.

Mr Costanza
12-09-2011, 08:28 PM
He's a superior rebounder, ball handler, shot blocker and defender.

Now if the NBA actually believed this Paul would already be a Laker.

Side note, why are there so many Paul threads open??

DR_1
12-09-2011, 08:29 PM
So? And all of the intelligent GMs talked about how stupid that was and how we should somehow try to alter the process to allow Pau to be named the No. 2 PF in the league. If it wasn't for Knicks fans and ignorant NBA fans who can't comprehend statistics outside of points per game than Pau would have won in a landslide. Aside from scoring, Pau is literally better at everything than Amare. He's a superior rebounder, ball handler, shot blocker and defender.

Not trying to be argumentative, as I'm not a big Knicks fan and don't have a horse in this race, but didn't Amar'e lead the Knicks last season (before Melo) much better than Pau ever led the Grizz?

3mikee_
12-09-2011, 08:31 PM
Not trying to be argumentative, as I'm not a big Knicks fan and don't have a horse in this race, but didn't Amar'e lead the Knicks last season (before Melo) much better than Pau ever led the Grizz?

Yea... but Pau never had the type of help that Amar'e had with the Knicks last year. Knicks actually had a pretty good team with a bunch of really really talented players.

DR_1
12-09-2011, 08:32 PM
kinda seems like Stern is saying, "get Bynum and I'll approve it." That way D12 for sure isn't coming to LA w/o Bynum avail.

If they got Bynum ya the deal would probably be passed.

iggypop123
12-09-2011, 08:33 PM
no way he goes to boston. would make stern a bigger disgrace than he already is. green would saddle them the same way he accused the laker deal. rondo is nothing to build around. the two draft pics are late first rounders or likely protected.

mightybosstone
12-09-2011, 08:42 PM

I'm not sure what your point is here, but I'm going to go ahead and say no for a couple of reasons. 1. Memphis got just as far in the playoffs as the Knicks did when they had Gasol (swept in first round for three straight years). 2. Gasol's numbers were statistically even to Amare's for the most part (way better in WS/48, similar PERs, Amare has better per game numbers). 3. Gasol's supporting cast was a hell of a lot worse than Chandler, Gallo, Mozgov, Fields and Felton. Mike Miller, Stromile Swift, Bonzi Wells and Battier is not exactly impressive.

Maine Big Dawg
12-09-2011, 09:06 PM
no way he goes to boston. would make stern a bigger disgrace than he already is. green would saddle them the same way he accused the laker deal. rondo is nothing to build around. the two draft pics are late first rounders or likely protected.

Not sure how getting a 25 year old Green and a 25 year old Allstar PG in Rondo and 2 picks saddles NO with anything. It provides NO youthful talent to build around for the future as per the direction the NBA has given the Hornets to pursue in the CP3 deals.

kblo247
12-09-2011, 09:12 PM
Broussard just said on Sportscenter he thinks and some sources think the deal will go through with slight changes this weekend, because of the backlash

lakerboy
12-09-2011, 09:29 PM
What would be the purpose if we aren't getting the 9 million trade exception?

Word on the street is Mitch already has a PF in store for the trade exception. If we are trading Gasol, we better make sure we get that PF locked. Hopefully its Millsap

Avenged
12-09-2011, 09:42 PM
Long ways to go but conversations are positive according to Woj.

Lakerfrk
12-09-2011, 09:53 PM
What I'm taking from all this... is that the Lakers need to give up a draft pick, and take back more salary...

So us getting Emeka Okafor or David West (S&T) for a first and second round picks.... is that really what the league wants? That stacks our team even more....

BigCityofDreams
12-09-2011, 09:59 PM
What I'm taking from all this... is that the Lakers need to give up a draft pick, and take back more salary...

So us getting Emeka Okafor or David West (S&T) for a first and second round picks.... is that really what the league wants? That stacks our team even more....

If that happens Howard is completely out of the question right?

JNA17
12-09-2011, 10:09 PM
If that happens Howard is completely out of the question right?

not quite. We would still have Bynum, and it would actually be even more possible to get Howard with one of those players to trade with so that the Lakers could also handle Turk's contract.

Hey if this is what the league really wanted, then sure I'm all for it :D.

dave831
12-09-2011, 10:28 PM
I love the fight but Celts won't get him. LA will criple themselves with this deal anyways. Bynum will not get Dwight.
With the new cba players and teams can restructure contract........(Kobe) at the end of the season with doing that and dumping pau and lo's huge contacts they will not only have the $ to sign d12 but they will also be Keeping bynum.....
Cp3
Kobe
Any one on earth
Bynum
D12
2012 season how does this hurt the lakers in any way shape or form???

Cano-Montero...
12-09-2011, 10:31 PM
With the new cba players and teams can restructure contract........(Kobe) at the end of the season with doing that and dumping pau and lo's huge contacts they will not only have the $ to sign d12 but they will also be Keeping bynum.....
Cp3
Kobe
Any one on earth
Bynum
D12
2012 season how does this hurt the lakers in any way shape or form???

Man you must be on crack or something...

Im a lakers fan but that won't happen..Its either Bynum goes or no Howard...

dave831
12-09-2011, 10:39 PM
Crack? The only thing Kobe wants is 7 rings...... Your telling me at then end of the year he would not be willing to re work a deal to bing in the best c in the NBA? Com' on man! W/0 paus and Los contracts and Kobe reworking his deal the lakers would be around the 40mill mark as far as cap leaving them the $ to sing d12....if you think back one years time the guys in south beach took a little less $ to play together...you my friend are might be the on crack if you don't think that at least this topic has came up in the lakers fo!

marj987
12-09-2011, 10:44 PM
Lol @ Lakers fans saying that the trade was 100% fair.

BigCityofDreams
12-09-2011, 10:47 PM
not quite. We would still have Bynum, and it would actually be even more possible to get Howard with one of those players to trade with so that the Lakers could also handle Turk's contract.

Hey if this is what the league really wanted, then sure I'm all for it :D.

I'm all for it too just trying to figure out if it can work because the Lakers would have to take back more players in the CP3 deal

Pakman
12-09-2011, 10:49 PM
CP3 will be in a Lakers Uni on Monday.

JNA17
12-09-2011, 11:07 PM
Lol @ Lakers fans saying that the trade was 100% fair.

actually it was, and pretty much every nba fan/analyst, reporter, etc. With a brain said the same thing.

superwill
12-09-2011, 11:28 PM
It would be funny if the nba makes the lakers take back oakfor or west because the lakers weakend the team with the trade they didn't have a front line because as good as chris paul is he need the ball in his hands and if u can't rebound the basketball u hurt yourself chances to win games so now u make them take back. oakafor who rebound and plays good defense or west who can score the basketball

lakersrock
12-09-2011, 11:29 PM
actually it was, and pretty much every nba fan/analyst, reporter, etc. With a brain said the same thing.

To be honest, most of them said NO got the best end of the stick.

Avenged
12-09-2011, 11:34 PM
To be honest, most of them said NO got the best end of the stick.

Yep. On ESPN some analysts had the Rockets winning the trade. It seems like everyone favors all 3 teams. Well except you know who.