PDA

View Full Version : Toronto Raptors & MLSE Sold for 1.32 Billion Dollars

Mile High Champ
12-09-2011, 10:29 AM
The Globe and Mail and The Toronto Sun reported Thursday night that Bell Canada Enterprises Inc. and Rogers Communications Inc. are on the verge of a deal that would see both companies buy a majority stake in Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment. MLSE has called a media conference for 9:30am et.

According to the papers, both telecommunications companies have reached an agreement with the Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan to acquire about 80 per cent of MLSE.

Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment runs the Toronto Maple Leafs hockey club, the NBA's Toronto Raptors, Toronto FC of Major League Soccer and the Air Canada Centre.

The company also has real estate holdings and television properties that include Leafs TV and Raptors TV.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=382315

Thought I would share since the deal is for such a huge amount. Bell & Rogers are two largest telecommunication companies in Canada and have agreed to share ownership of the team.

thekmp211
12-09-2011, 11:34 AM
wow. i'd love to know how each franchise breaks down value-wise.

i'd guess this is good for the raps, but only because of the big-spending owners coming in. i really have no idea how it will shake out competitively. anyone have insight?