PDA

View Full Version : Unfair for big market teams

LakersIn5
12-09-2011, 09:08 AM
the nba is now clearly favoring small market teams which is unfair for big market teams because how could they distance themselves from the weak teams if they arent able to make the moves that they have to do to improve like the lakers trade for chris paul. the lakers did a great trade for their team getting a future cornerstone in cp3. the nba blocked it because jealous nba owners didnt like it because they want parity. well what the **** this is a sports league some teams will just always be good and some teams will always be bad it doesnt matter if your a big or small market. clear examples are the clippers big market but weak management and OKC small market but great management. so why does the nba have to block the deal??? the GM did his job but ****ing owner stern blocked it cuz its the lakers have it been the celtics he surely wont block it.

plus the hornets getting a great bunch of players than getting nothing in return so i dont get why the **** stern blocked it

jimbobjarree
12-09-2011, 09:12 AM
I think I just got a little stupider for having read that

haggis
12-09-2011, 09:13 AM
:laugh2:

Wade>You
12-09-2011, 09:14 AM
You're gonna get a lot of backlash just for the thread title.

But you're absolutely right: if the trade had sent Paul to the Clippers, no one would have said anything.

It's not about big or small markets, it's about hating on others success.

RLundi
12-09-2011, 09:14 AM
Lol a Lakers fan whining that the system is unfair.

This is the epitome of irony.

LakersIn5
12-09-2011, 09:17 AM
Lol a Lakers fan whining that the system is unfair.

This is the epitome of irony.

i bet youll whine too if you thought your team got cp3 in the bag then the trade got blocked cfor no good reason other than jealousy

tcav701
12-09-2011, 09:17 AM
NO is owned by the NBA and any decision requires a majority vote by the owners.

Their motives may certianly be flawed but why would the owners agree to pay for odom and kevin martin only to watch the lakers get CP3 and go after D12.

I think they will pass the deal if the Lakers include Bynum and take on Okafor.

P.S. if stern hated the Lakers that Gasol deal would have never happened.

D1JM
12-09-2011, 09:20 AM
it make the cavs owner look like ***** IMO. FA are not going to want to go play there unless he overpays by a lot.

PrettyBoyJ
12-09-2011, 09:23 AM
I jus find it funny the NBA screwed one of its most profitable franchise.. Lakers would have gotten a lot of revenue from the trade, which would have helped smaller market teams with revenue sharing..

xnick5757
12-09-2011, 09:24 AM
this wasn't even a good deal for the lakers, which is why I wanted it to go through.

Wade>You
12-09-2011, 09:25 AM
I jus find it funny the NBA screwed one of its most profitable franchise.. Lakers would have gotten a lot of revenue from the trade, which would have helped smaller market teams with revenue sharing..I think Jerry Buss should renege on his part of revenue sharing; the addition of CP3 would have helped ease his burden with the payments.

ewing
12-09-2011, 09:26 AM
the nba is now clearly favoring small market teams which is unfair for big market teams because how could they distance themselves from the weak teams if they arent able to make the moves that they have to do to improve like the lakers trade for chris paul. the lakers did a great trade for their team getting a future cornerstone in cp3. the nba blocked it because jealous nba owners didnt like it because they want parity. well what the **** this is a sports league some teams will just always be good and some teams will always be bad it doesnt matter if your a big or small market. clear examples are the clippers big market but weak management and OKC small market but great management. so why does the nba have to block the deal??? the GM did his job but ****ing owner stern blocked it cuz its the lakers have it been the celtics he surely wont block it.

plus the hornets getting a great bunch of players than getting nothing in return so i dont get why the **** stern blocked it

I agree. They would have gotten a young backcourt and 2 starting PFs in the deal. maybe they should a have force a pick or two out of the lakers but it was a good deal. All Paul is required to do is finish they season with NO. After he can walk and will. Thats why it makes sense to trade him for as much value as you can. The league should not stop that from happening just b/c the team that got the trade done is from LA and already has Kobe. If he was traded to a small team for even if he was traded to the clips like you said i dont think their would have been any stir. Stern totally dropped the ball on this one

justinnum1
12-09-2011, 09:27 AM
:violin:

jtchilln
12-09-2011, 09:29 AM
LOL...this is just awesome, not large market teams are pissed at small market.

We're probably looking at the start of a "cival war" between NBA owners....small market vs. large market.

RLundi
12-09-2011, 09:30 AM
i bet youll whine too if you thought your team got cp3 in the bag then the trade got blocked cfor no good reason other than jealousy

Please. A big-market team crying foul is laughable at best. LA, NY, Chi etc have the major advantage over small-market teams. You've been spoon-fed golden pudding your entire existences. Now one thing doesn't go right and you want to make a big stink about it?

Go sit in the corner and face the wall, you're in a time-out.

justinnum1
12-09-2011, 09:33 AM
Please. A big-market team crying foul is laughable at best. LA, NY, Chi etc have the major advantage over small-market teams. You've been spoon-fed golden pudding your entire existences. Now one thing doesn't go right and you want to make a big stink about it?

:clap:

LakersIn5
12-09-2011, 09:34 AM

yeah before but not anymore with the way stern blocked the cp3 trade. advantages like superstars wanting to play for them but thats not the case now. and the league wants to take away the freedom of the players to play for the team they want. youll say that they still have freedom by choosing to play anywhere once they are free agents but they cant cause not all teams that they want to play for is under the cap to sign them so a trade is the only way to play for the team of their choosing.

RLundi
12-09-2011, 09:40 AM
yeah before but not anymore with the way stern blocked the cp3 trade. advantages like superstars wanting to play for them but thats not the case now. and the league wants to take away the freedom of the players to play for the team they want. youll say that they still have freedom by choosing to play anywhere once they are free agents but they cant cause not all teams that they want to play for is under the cap to sign them so a trade is the only way to play for the team of their choosing.

Really?? So players can't force their way to teams now? Imagine that!

Relax. The Lakers can still make lopsided trades with the other 28 teams. Only reason Stern had veto power in this case is because the Hornets are owned by the NBA and the 29 other teams.

You can go back to pilfering all teams including New Orleans once the Hornets get an owner.

ewing
12-09-2011, 10:00 AM
It was a better deal then when they traded Kobe for vlade divac