PDA

View Full Version : My condolences to Laker fans

Wade>You
12-09-2011, 05:53 AM
As a Heat fan, I don't benefit from CP3 going to the Lakers (and eventually Dwight Howard).

But I would not want what happened to you guys happen to my favorite team.

You guys are a victim of your own success.

The NBA sent out a message today: you're better off cellar dwelling than looking to improve the product of the sport. You're better off hoarding draft picks for years and collecting money from the fans whom you have no obligation to give them a product that they can feel proud about.

Donald Sterling is the model NBA owner, not Jerry Buss, is what the NBA declared.

Hopefully one day the NBA will rid itself of David Stern, Dan Gilbert, and even Mark Cuban, who was only blocking the deal because Chris Paul (and Howard) did not want to play on his team.

Good luck to you guys in landing CP3.

GermanLakersFan
12-09-2011, 05:59 AM
Thank you very, very much I apreciate to hear this from an objective standpoint!! We got screwed big time and now we can't even keep our players because they won't play hard for us anymore, which in my eyes is understandable. I wouldn't work for somebody one day after he actually wanted to fire me but then was forbidden to do so by somebody else.

Wade>You
12-09-2011, 06:06 AM
No doubt man, good luck to you guys.

BTW, here's a deal that the NBA should have nixed as well:
Following the 2006 NBA season, Keith Van Horn took a year off in order to spend time with his family.[27] On February 19, 2008 Van Horn signed a three-year deal (only the first year guaranteed) with the Mavericks in order to help complete a blockbuster trade that sent Jason Kidd from the New Jersey Nets to the Mavericks and Devin Harris to the Nets.[28] As expected, Van Horn did not play at all for the Nets and was waived on October 23, 2008.[29]http://www.nba.com/2008/news/10/24/102408cutsroundup.ap/index.html?rss=true

http://www.nba.com/nets/news/Harris_trade_release_2_19_08.html

lakersRule!!
12-09-2011, 06:07 AM
This is unheard of. This goes along the "FREE REIGN" of not having anti-trust laws in MLB. I expect legal action will have to take place on some front. This is like a never ending volcanic eruption. It has to be stopped as soon as possible.

Iron24th
12-09-2011, 06:20 AM
Yep,thank you man,we appreciate,and I 100% agree with you.

Some people don't understand that it's not about just the Lakers,it's about every good team like Miami,NY etc.

If you have already a good team,you will not be allowed to make a trade to upgrade.

Sad and unfair.

shep33
12-09-2011, 06:21 AM
Thanks man, very nice of you to say.

Wade>You
12-09-2011, 06:46 AM
Thanks man, very nice of you to say.It's the truth man, whether others want to admit it or not. Good luck to you guys.

Yep,thank you man,we appreciate,and I 100% agree with you.

Some people don't understand that it's not about just the Lakers,it's about every good team like Miami,NY etc.

If you have already a good team,you will not be allowed to make a trade to upgrade.

Sad and unfair.This league is pathetic, the only league in professional sports that actually encourages failure and discourages success. Sad to think you guys would have CP3 if you were the Clippers. It's not about being a big market, it's about teams hating on your success.

Iceman_9
12-09-2011, 09:19 AM
Thanks! I really appreciate it.. I hope we'll see our teams playing in the finals this june..

Wade>You
12-09-2011, 11:07 AM
Thanks! I really appreciate it.. I hope we'll see our teams playing in the finals this june..You guys are still the best team in the West and Mavs won't be a factor w/o their team coming back, so I'm sure we'll see each other in the Finals.

Btw, some good news:

The Hornets, Lakers, and Rockets are appealing David Stern's decision. Maybe there's still a chance CP3 gets traded.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/7335040/teams-blocked-chris-paul-trade-appealing-nba-sources-say
The three teams involved in the Chris Paul trade blocked Thursday by NBA commissioner David Stern are appealing to the league for Stern to reverse the decision, according to sources close to the process.

There is no indication yet that Stern is prepared to reverse course after taking the dramatic step of blocking the league-owned New Orleans Hornets' decision to deal Paul to the Los Angeles Lakers.

But the primary argument being presented to the league office for allowing the deal to go through as agreed to in principle by the Hornets, Lakers and Houston Rockets is that the NBA's decision would appear to force the Hornets to keep Paul for the rest of the season, despite the fact that he can opt out of his contract and become a free agent July 1 and leave New Orleans without compensation.

A trade of Paul elsewhere, according to the teams' argument, would mean that Stern and the league are choosing where Paul would play.

whitemamba33
12-09-2011, 11:13 AM
As a Heat fan, I don't benefit from CP3 going to the Lakers (and eventually Dwight Howard).

The NBA sent out a message today: you're better off cellar dwelling than looking to improve the product of the sport. You're better off hoarding draft picks for years and collecting money from the fans whom you have no obligation to give them a product that they can feel proud about.

Donald Sterling is the model NBA owner, not Jerry Buss, is what the NBA declared.

Hopefully one day the NBA will rid itself of David Stern, Dan Gilbert, and even Mark Cuban, who was only blocking the deal because Chris Paul (and Howard) did not want to play on his team.

Do you blame it on the refs?

Avenged
12-09-2011, 11:17 AM
You guys are still the best team in the West and Mavs won't be a factor w/o their team coming back, so I'm sure we'll see each other in the Finals.

Btw, some good news:

The Hornets, Lakers, and Rockets are appealing David Stern's decision. Maybe there's still a chance CP3 gets traded.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/7335040/teams-blocked-chris-paul-trade-appealing-nba-sources-say

The plan was to get CP3 and move onto Dwight. At least that was the reported fear of these NBA owners. Now that Dwight is going to the Nets.. well we'd have to rely on Bynum.

Mixeditup1
12-09-2011, 11:33 AM
From an outside standpoint with no emotional involvement, I don't feel the veto was unfair... Technically the 29 owners of the NBA own the Hornets right now, so why would they let a player on a team they basically own be involved in that trade? Sure it's a crappy situation, but if the Hornets had an owner... Then this wouldn't be an issue

whitemamba33
12-09-2011, 11:57 AM
From an outside standpoint with no emotional involvement, I don't feel the veto was unfair... Technically the 29 owners of the NBA own the Hornets right now, so why would they let a player on a team they basically own be involved in that trade? Sure it's a crappy situation, but if the Hornets had an owner... Then this wouldn't be an issue

I agree...but in that case they should have come out like a year ago when they first controlled the team and announced that they wouldn't be entertaining any trade offers. Now this has caused the Lakers to piss off both Lamar and Gasol for really no reason. I don't have a problem with not accepting trades, I have a problem with them waiting until NOW to let other teams know about it.

lakers4sho
12-09-2011, 12:00 PM
I agree...but in that case they should have come out like a year ago when they first controlled the team and announced that they wouldn't be entertaining any trade offers. Now this has caused the Lakers to piss off both Lamar and Gasol for really no reason. I don't have a problem with not accepting trades, I have a problem with them waiting until NOW to let other teams know about it.

Of course. Whenever it's about the Lakers, the rest of the league springs up into reaction, almost knee-jerk..

Mixeditup1
12-09-2011, 12:02 PM
Of course. Whenever it's about the Lakers, the rest of the league springs up into reaction, almost knee-jerk..

Absolutely!! It's just because the Lakers are a threat to win it all already, so the "owners" of the Hornets don't want to accept a trade that may hurt their championship chances .

Aust
12-09-2011, 12:06 PM
Much respect bro. It's feels good to hear something like this every once in awhile instead of the Laker haters who are crying tears of absolute joy...

But about that appeal. Really? I mean really? Will they go to a third party for a ruling? No? So it's basically as useless as Ndamukong Suh appeally his suspension.

Suh: Mr. Goodell I would like to appeal.
Goodell: Ok.. No. Appeal denied.

Mixeditup1
12-09-2011, 12:08 PM
Much respect bro. It's feels good to hear something like this every once in awhile instead of the Laker haters who are crying tears of absolute joy...

Haha naaahhh... I'm a Bulls fan, I want to beat you guys full strength... I can see it now, D Rose sh*ts on CP3 to win the title ;p lol jk... But yeah it's kinda weak man, It may happen still though

Avenged
12-09-2011, 01:22 PM

I don't think GM's even took the time to think about what was offered. They just saw/heard "Chris Paul to the Lakers, and Kobe is not involved" and they flipped.

A few people at ESPN said the Rockets won that trade (Pau) because they let go of role players and ended up Pau (top 10-15 player). The Hornets got a ton of talent which wouldn't surprise me if they made the playoffs with what they got. I mean, they are trying to rebuild.

CaliDevil71
12-09-2011, 01:44 PM
Though the Lakers got the best player in the trade...they weren't the winners in this thing....the team loosing the best player was. Houston is the one who really took it in the shorts but they have their own plans and were happy with it....this is BS....

IDB Josh M
12-09-2011, 03:15 PM
Thank goodness there is a someone who is willing to be more basketball fan over their team. It hurts the most for Lakers (and the other teams involved) because we're missing out not some good movement. Houston is getting Pau, who maybe soft, but can score and is an all around great player. New Orleans is missing out on Lamar, a fantastically a versatile player, in addition to Luis Scola and Kevin Martin who are no slouches either. And of course, the Lakers.

But this sets a horrible precedent.

beliges
12-09-2011, 03:38 PM
The funny part in all of this was that the Lakers were actually giving away too much for CP3. I have no doubt they had indication they would get Howard as well or else theres no way Lakers give up 2 of their big guys for a PG. Just doesnt make sense.

MVPKOBE43
12-09-2011, 03:53 PM

I agree! Also Everyone needs to Forgive LeBron as well. Now we know why he got the heck outta Cleveland. Im Glad that the Heat were able to get this done, and take some power away from the League. I will Forever respect Lebron and the Heat for doing what no one had the balls to do.:clap::clap:

Kevj77
12-09-2011, 03:59 PM
Thanks Wade>You I'm glad there are a few objective fans on PSD. I wasn't even sure this trade made us better and had mixed feeling about it, I got pissed when I realized the reason the trade was vetoed wasn't because it wasn't a fair deal for everyone involved, but because the Lakers made the deal.