PDA

View Full Version : Odom and Paul unlikely to report to training camp

spreadeagle
12-09-2011, 05:47 AM
Training camps are set to open for all 30 teams on Friday, but don’t expect Chris Paul to report to the Hornets or Lamar Odom to report to the Lakers.

After the three-team deal that would have sent Paul to Los Angeles and Odom to New Orleans was killed by the league late Thursday night, reports surfaced that Paul and Odom would likely be sitting out the start of training camp while collecting their thoughts as things sorted themselves out.

Ken Berger of CBSSports.com reports that it would be “very surprising” if Paul reported to Hornets camp on Friday, and the Los Angeles Times talked to Odom, who seemed particularly shaken up by this evening’s turn of events.

“Maybe I’ll see you there tomorrow [at practice],” Odom said. “But I doubt it. You don’t want to go to no place you’re not wanted. I’ll try to give them what they want as much as possible.”

“Man, I’m just in total disbelief about all of this,” Odom continued. “They don’t want my services, for whatever reason. I don’t know what I’m supposed to do. I was proud to be a Laker, so I’ll try to help them in the process as much as possible.”

You can’t blame these guys for not wanting to put their heart and soul into a team that had already made the decision to send them out of town. But if the league’s rejection of the trade holds firm, and no other deals involving either of these players surface in the near future, that’s precisely the uncomfortable situation that Paul and Odom are going to be forced to deal with.
http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/12/09/chris-paul-lamar-odom-unlikely-to-report-when-training-camps-open/

LAOwnsAll15
12-09-2011, 05:50 AM
Gasol is a softy, no one cares about his personality, or whether he likes whats going on.
He always plays one way and that is SOFT.

Demon11
12-09-2011, 05:54 AM
God, they need to grow up. Trades happen all the time. It doesn't mean the Franchise thinks you are negative just because of it. It is very emotional for Odom, and he will get over it. They signed a contract to play for their team until they ARE moved and they will report to training camps.

shep33
12-09-2011, 05:59 AM
God, they need to grow up. Trades happen all the time. It doesn't mean the Franchise thinks you are negative just because of it. It is very emotional for Odom, and he will get over it. They signed a contract to play for their team until they ARE moved and they will report to training camps.

This is bad though man. The Lakers have a tight knit group that has been there for years, and won championships together. Lets not forget it was Odom and Gasol (not Bynum as much) who helped LA get 2 rings and go to 3 straight finals.

Totally disrespectful...it's kind of like your boss firing you by posting a note on your desk, than saying... "hey come back big guy, we were just joking"

naps
12-09-2011, 06:09 AM
This is bad though man. The Lakers have a tight knit group that has been there for years, and won championships together. Lets not forget it was Odom and Gasol (not Bynum as much) who helped LA get 2 rings and go to 3 straight finals.

Totally disrespectful...it's kind of like your boss firing you by posting a note on your desk, than saying... "hey come back big guy, we were just joking"

Agreed. I know how I would feel if I was Odom or Gasol, specially Gasol. Totally disrespectful. This kinda stories should not come out until it actually happens.

seikou8
12-09-2011, 06:12 AM
Agreed. I know how I would feel if I was Odom or Gasol, specially Gasol. Totally disrespectful. This kinda stories should not come out until it actually happens.

this

DitchDat
12-09-2011, 06:12 AM
Can't mix business and emotion. Teams do what they gotta do. I hate it too (the Perk trade!), but it happens, get over it.

numba1CHANGsta
12-09-2011, 06:17 AM
If I was Odom or Pau Gasol id be happy that the trade didnt go down and got another opportunity to play for the Lakers.

Law25
12-09-2011, 06:18 AM
Man just reading Odoms statment hurts the heart.

mdm692
12-09-2011, 06:20 AM
This offseason might be bad for LA and all they will have is jason kapono.

Supa
12-09-2011, 07:20 AM
They will be at the camps. Not showing up doesn't really do anything constructive.

The last thing they want is sharing negative spotlight with Stern.

---