PDA

View Full Version : dan gilbert > you ..reason for nba nixed trade? "dwight & paul WILL end up w lakers"

Yunqn
12-09-2011, 05:22 AM
with the chris paul trade that just got nixed.. and now reading dan gilberts alleged letter.. i can understand what the owners were seeing .. and why dan gilbert for all the heat he takes is a smart man.. ..SOMETIMES lol

IF the league is forced to continue with the deal.. the lakers save 11 million after the trade? am i correct?

incoming : paul = $16,359,805
outgoing : gasol & odom total =$27,614,150

now.. with the freed up cap space after trade..the lakers will then use the amnesty on metta world peace (6.8 million) & the lakers will THEN HAVE 17 million in cap space

the lakers can offer the EXACT trade that the nets are offering for dwight..except dwight can force his way to l.a now

brook lopez & picks for dwight howard and the contract of hedo turkologu

instead now its bynum & picks for dwight howard and hedo turkologu

if im seeing things differently than fine.. but if this whole scenerio plays out this way which can truely happen if the court case reverses this nixed trade and than dwight forces his way ..

i might be done with cheering for other star players forever..

ill just stick with rose and not this girly wave of players wanting to cheat their way to winning a title.. lebron didnt need wade or bosh ..and ironically he lost to a guy who didnt need another allstar to prove it..

ima bulls fan by the way lol
sorry if im being a troll about lebron but i just find that too ironic..

p.s dont tell me that because dwight is saying he likes nj now he isnt using that as a p.r move for him looking like he wasnt torn with the lakers and now woke up this morning with that decision and spoke to his mom and now feels more better about it out of nowhere.. dwight paul and bryant are probably speaking about this now..

i cant be the only one who sees this possibilty..

#24 Lakerland
12-09-2011, 05:25 AM
Where in the world would Lakers have 17 million cap space? Kobe takes literally 2/3 of Lakers cap.

Iron24th
12-09-2011, 05:26 AM
Not sure if you would have said the same thing if Stern blocked a potential Dwight trade to Chi-town...

DaBear
12-09-2011, 05:27 AM
Not sure if you would have said the same thing if Stern blocked a potential Dwight trade to Chi-town...

Trading Dwight to Chicago isn't as lethal as LA getting CP3 and Howard. Chicago would probably have to give up more anyway because that's the way things are.

LAOwnsAll15
12-09-2011, 05:29 AM
Where in the world would Lakers have 17 million cap space? Kobe takes literally 2/3 of Lakers cap.

He said save, not cap space. LOL

And small market teams shouldn't complain about trades. If they have nothing to trade then why are they so upset?

Make more smaller/better trades and work yourselves up. No sense in trying to mortgage your whole team for a superstar that will never get any support.

Davidgta1
12-09-2011, 05:29 AM
The only reason why they didn't want this trade to go down is if the lakers got cp3 then it's a lock that they get Dwight and the league dosent want another super team like the heat. Even tho if the trade did happen an then the lakers got Dwight lakers vs heat would be great to watch.

Lakerfrk
12-09-2011, 05:31 AM
The only reason why they didn't want this trade to go down is if the lakers got cp3 then it's a lock that they get Dwight and the league dosent want another super team like the heat. Even tho if the trade did happen an then the lakers got Dwight lakers vs heat would be great to watch.

Right.. this is collusion...

Yunqn
12-09-2011, 05:33 AM
Trading Dwight to Chicago isn't as lethal as LA getting CP3 and Howard. Chicago would probably have to give up more anyway because that's the way things are.

+1

the bulls would have to disintegrate their roster just for dwight..

Lakerfrk
12-09-2011, 05:35 AM
with the chris paul trade that just got nixed.. and now reading dan gilberts alleged letter.. i can understand what the owners were seeing .. and why dan gilbert for all the heat he takes is a smart man..

IF the league is forced to continue with the deal.. the lakers save 11 million after the trade? am i correct?

incoming : paul = $16,359,805
outgoing : gasol & odom total =$27,614,150

now.. with the freed up cap space after trade..the lakers will then use the amnesty on metta world peace (6.8 million) & the lakers will THEN HAVE 17 million in cap space

the lakers can offer the EXACT trade that the nets are offering for dwight..except dwight can force his way to l.a now

brook lopez & picks for dwight howard and the contract of hedo turkologu

instead now its bynum & picks for dwight howard and hedo turkologu

if im seeing things differently than fine.. but if this whole scenerio plays out this way which can truely happen if the court case reverses this nixed trade and than dwight forces his way ..

i might be done with cheering for other star players forever..

ill just stick with rose and not this girly wave of players wanting to cheat their way to winning a title.. lebron didnt need wade or bosh ..and ironically he lost to a guy who didnt need another allstar to prove it..

ima bulls fan by the way lol
sorry if im being a troll about lebron but i just find that too ironic..

p.s dont tell me that because dwight is saying he likes nj now he isnt using that as a cover up for him looking like he wasnt torn with the lakers and woke up this morning with that decision and spoke to his mom and fells more better about it out of nowhere.. dwight paul and bryant are probably speaking about this now..

i cant be the only one who sees this possibilty..

You have some giant holes in your logic here.....

1) the 17 million in reduced salary you speak of is NOT money the Lakers can spend on other players, because we are NOT below the cap.

2) Dan Gilbert complained about the salary difference because the $40 million (over 3 years) that the Lakers WILL pay in luxury tax, gets distributed among the league (into Dan Gilbert's pocket). With this trade, that money doesn't go into his pocket...

3) To fix this, the Lakers could take back Emeka Okafor, then the money is set for all and everyone is happy, right? WRONG... then Gilbert would be mad that we gave up Gasol and Odom and got Paula AND Okafor - it would have been better if we had just taken less salary! - no way to win with this guy... its always going to be "a travesty"

Kevj77
12-09-2011, 05:38 AM
Trading Dwight to Chicago isn't as lethal as LA getting CP3 and Howard. Chicago would probably have to give up more anyway because that's the way things are.So priceless. A Bulls fan that is applauding the NBA vetoing the trade in another thread to the Lakers doesn't think trading Howard to the Bulls would be worse than LA getting Paul with a hypothetical trade for Dwight.

#24 Lakerland
12-09-2011, 05:41 AM
He said save, not cap space. LOL

And small market teams shouldn't complain about trades. If they have nothing to trade then why are they so upset?

Make more smaller/better trades and work yourselves up. No sense in trying to mortgage your whole team for a superstar that will never get any support.
"now.. with the freed up cap space after trade..the lakers will then use the amnesty on metta world peace (6.8 million) & the lakers will THEN HAVE 17 million in cap space "

Sounds to me he's talking about being under....

Yunqn
12-09-2011, 05:42 AM
You have some giant holes in your logic here.....

1) the 17 million in reduced salary you speak of is NOT money the Lakers can spend on other players, because we are NOT below the cap.

2) Dan Gilbert complained about the salary difference because the $40 million (over 3 years) that the Lakers WILL pay in luxury tax, gets distributed among the league (into Dan Gilbert's pocket). With this trade, that money doesn't go into his pocket...

3) To fix this, the Lakers could take back Emeka Okafor, then the money is set for all and everyone is happy, right? WRONG... then Gilbert would be mad that we gave up Gasol and Odom and got Paula AND Okafor - it would have been better if we had just taken less salary! - no way to win with this guy... its always going to be "a travesty"

its not free cap space im talking about.. the lakers will forver be over the cap.. its the way that they can trade within the same salary % i think 20 % or so.. he explains it in his letter.. well thats what i took from it..

if im wrong then im wrong ..i just see how the lakers actually can with the amnesty and prehaps retirement of maybe fisher & or walton.. it just makes too much sense.. and buss & mitch are smart enough to do it..

Cano-Montero...
12-09-2011, 05:43 AM
Man another thread....

Kevj77
12-09-2011, 05:44 AM
+1

the bulls would have to disintegrate their roster just for dwight..The Lakers didn't disintegrate thie roster for Chris Paul? They traded two 7 footers (Odom is 6-11) their starting all-star power forward/back-up center and their back-up PF and sixth man of the year for Paul. What team would give up more?

It was even a three team deal to get the Hornets younger players and picks.

Lakerfrk
12-09-2011, 05:45 AM
its not free cap space im talking about.. the lakers will forver be over the cap.. its the way that they can trade within the same salary % i think 20 % or so.. he explains it in his letter.. well thats what i took from it..

if im wrong then im wrong ..i just see how the lakers actually can with the amnesty and prehaps retirement of maybe fisher & or walton.. it just makes too much sense.. and buss & mitch are smart enough to do it..

And if it's in the rules? Why shouldn't they be allowed to? The NBA should NOT be allowed to veto something because they think the team would be too good... thats damn ridiculous...

If the Lakers were doing something illegal.. fine.. but THEY built up assets.. THEY got ready for trading season, and they found something that worked for them... its ridiculous to quash that...

Yunqn
12-09-2011, 05:52 AM
"now.. with the freed up cap space after trade..the lakers will then use the amnesty on metta world peace (6.8 million) & the lakers will THEN HAVE 17 million in cap space "

Sounds to me he's talking about being under....

no i didnt mean it as that ..

"I cannot remember ever seeing a trade where a team got by far the best player in the trade and saved over $40 million in the process. And it doesn’t appear that they would give up any draft picks, which might allow to later make a trade for Dwight Howard (They would also get a large trade exception that would help them improve their team and/or eventually trade for Howard.) When the Lakers got Pau Gasol (at the time considered an extremely lopsided trade) they took on tens of millions in additional salary and luxury tax and they gave up a number of prospects (one in Marc Gasol who may become a max-salary player)."

even if they dont amnesty artest and just use him to trade for hedo.. dwight can force his way to l.a and dan gilbert knows this..

Yunqn
12-09-2011, 05:56 AM
And if it's in the rules? Why shouldn't they be allowed to? The NBA should NOT be allowed to veto something because they think the team would be too good... thats damn ridiculous...

If the Lakers were doing something illegal.. fine.. but THEY built up assets.. THEY got ready for trading season, and they found something that worked for them... its ridiculous to quash that...

lol i never disagreed with you .. its just that someone caught on to what they were doing and that person happens to be dan gilbert...

dont they get a trade exception after that paul trade ? or am i confused..? because thats what i meant by freed up ca space.. i basically meant they get a chance to still trade for dwight and take on salary because of that exception which dan brings up..

DaBear
12-09-2011, 05:57 AM
Trading Dwight to Chicago isn't as lethal as LA getting CP3 and Howard. Chicago would probably have to give up more anyway because that's the way things are.So priceless. A Bulls fan that is applauding the NBA vetoing the trade in another thread to the Lakers doesn't think trading Howard to the Bulls would be worse than LA getting Paul with a hypothetical trade for Dwight.

How the **** is the bulls having rose and Howard the same as cp3, Kobe, and Howard? I count 3 stars to 2.

Yunqn
12-09-2011, 06:02 AM
So priceless. A Bulls fan that is applauding the NBA vetoing the trade in another thread to the Lakers doesn't think trading Howard to the Bulls would be worse than LA getting Paul with a hypothetical trade for Dwight.

at what poit in the post did i say trade him to us?

i dont want us to break up our team and i want paul to go the clippers to take that team from up and coming to actually contending and coming out the west REALISTICALLY..

why keep him on a medoicre team and waste him when you can use him for a up and coming team that needs him to contend..

exactly the same way i feel about dwight and i want him to go to new jersey so we can have more teams that can actually compete for the title instead of the usual 2-3 teams..

lets be honest here theres only 4 teams that are going to really compete for the title.. the heat and in my opinion lakers, bulls and thunder, i think we overacheived honestly..especially record wise.. no way we were 62 win great though.

Yunqn
12-09-2011, 06:02 AM
How the **** is the bulls having rose and Howard the same as cp3, Kobe, and Howard? I count 3 stars to 2.

thats what im tryna figure out lmao

Kevj77
12-09-2011, 06:04 AM
no i didnt mean it as that ..

"I cannot remember ever seeing a trade where a team got by far the best player in the trade and saved over $40 million in the process. And it doesn’t appear that they would give up any draft picks, which might allow to later make a trade for Dwight Howard (They would also get a large trade exception that would help them improve their team and/or eventually trade for Howard.) When the Lakers got Pau Gasol (at the time considered an extremely lopsided trade) they took on tens of millions in additional salary and luxury tax and they gave up a number of prospects (one in Marc Gasol who may become a max-salary player)."

even if they dont amnesty artest and just use him to trade for hedo.. dwight can force his way to l.a and dan gilbert knows this..Lakers won't be able to use that money to sign players as they will be over the cap. It will save Dr. Buss luxury tax, but how can that veto a deal? Other owners can't veto a deal so he has to pay a bigger fine that goes into their pockets. LA gave up enough to make it happen. They even got t 3rd team involved so the Hornets could get players and picks they wanted.

Trade exceptions can't be used with additional players to get Howard.

Ahh **** it what's the point. You can't talk sense on the NBA forum.

Yunqn
12-09-2011, 06:08 AM
Lakers won't be able to use that money to sign players as they will be over the cap. It will save Dr. Buss luxury tax, but how can that veto a deal? Other owners can't veto a deal so he has to pay a bigger fine that goes into their pockets. LA gave up enough to make it happen. They even got t 3rd team involved so the Hornets could get players and picks they wanted.

Trade exceptions can't be used with additional players to get Howard.

Ahh **** it what's the point. You can't talk sense on the NBA forum.

no one said that they will sign players..

DitchDat
12-09-2011, 06:09 AM
Odom, Luis Scola & Kevin Martin vs nothing? If CP3 leaves for nothing, it hurts them WAAAAY more

I'm a Boston fan, but the trade being blocked is one some ********.

babalu69
12-09-2011, 06:12 AM
Hockey is better than basketball get with the program the nba is a dying breed. The Nhl is back to claim its glory.

Yunqn
12-09-2011, 06:23 AM
Odom, Luis Scola & Kevin Martin vs nothing? If CP3 leaves for nothing, it hurts them WAAAAY more

i think boston is going to be iight.. i just think they needed to had traded jeff green and pick for chris kaman and you guys would have been set.. or maybe now look for al jeff who could play with rondo when the 3 retire..

BigBluN'Orange
12-09-2011, 06:26 AM
Listen guys, this trade sucks for NO, their GM is obviously not a good one after seeing him accept that trade: two old guys (odom and scola) who arent even that good, and martin (traded 50808 times... for a reason, not that valuable to a team) and a draft pick that won't even be in the lottery, not to mention the cap hit they were going to take back.... UMMM, no wonder CP3 wants nothing to do with this organization

babalu69
12-09-2011, 06:27 AM
Listen guys, this trade sucks for NO, their GM is obviously not a good one after seeing him accept that trade: two old guys (odom and scola) who arent even that good, and martin (traded 50808 times... for a reason, not that valuable to a team) and a draft pick that won't even be in the lottery, not to mention the cap hit they were going to take back.... UMMM, no wonder CP3 wants nothing to do with this organization

ya if the trade sucked how come NO didn't accept another offer? Because that was the best offer now they are left with nothing for Paul next year.

BigBluN'Orange
12-09-2011, 06:27 AM

at least you get cap relief, vs. no cap flexibility and a bunchof guys who won't win you ****... might not even make the playoffs in the west, its competitive out there with up and coming teams like the clippers

shep33
12-09-2011, 06:31 AM
The Lakers are going to go off on the NBA, because basically what Gilbert is saying is that the Lakers can't improve or try to improve their team. Let's not forget the Lakers just made the league a ton of cash with that 5 billion dollar deal, and Gilbert is ungrateful for that.

BigBluN'Orange
12-09-2011, 06:31 AM
ya if the trade sucked how come NO didn't accept another offer? Because that was the best offer now they are left with nothing for Paul next year.

the reported Warriors offer is way better... curry, thompson, ekpe udoh or w/e his name is.... 3 very young, talented players, that don't make alot of money, plus w/e draft pick they would have been given.... if nothing else, these are tradable pieces for NO.

I would take the guys in their early 20s that you can develop, rather than 30s... if you are going to lose your star player, you need to think long term, not some short sighted trade so you can finish .500 in the west, get swept out of the first round

LAOwnsAll15
12-09-2011, 06:34 AM
at least you get cap relief, vs. no cap flexibility and a bunchof guys who won't win you ****... might not even make the playoffs in the west, its competitive out there with up and coming teams like the clippers

You cannot just go out and get players like Kevin Martin, Louis Scola, And Lamar Odom. Without wasting much more money then they already are. They are getting solid players, and a pick for what will turn into nothing if they wait another season.

shep33
12-09-2011, 06:36 AM
the reported Warriors offer is way better... curry, thompson, ekpe udoh or w/e his name is.... 3 very young, talented players, that don't make alot of money, plus w/e draft pick they would have been given.... if nothing else, these are tradable pieces for NO.

I would take the guys in their early 20s that you can develop, rather than 30s... if you are going to lose your star player, you need to think long term, not some short sighted trade so you can finish .500 in the west, get swept out of the first round

I disagree, the other offer was superior in my opinion atleast.

Scola-18ppg, around 8-9 boards, probably one of the most underrated players in the league
Odom-Sixth man of the year and most importantly a team option- so Hornets eventually save money there
Dragic- good solid pg
Kevin Martin- a 20 ppg scorer
Oh and a First round pick

babalu69
12-09-2011, 06:37 AM

only player thats worth mentioning in that warrior deal is curry. At least you get more flexibility with the lakers deal. You get a 1st rounder. Kevin Martin still young player good third option. Dragic starting Point guard. Then they could trade odom or scola if they wanted to.

Cano-Montero...
12-09-2011, 06:38 AM

Wonder where you been? Curry was never included in a deal coz paul would not sign an extension..lol

BigBluN'Orange
12-09-2011, 06:47 AM
I disagree, the other offer was superior in my opinion atleast.

Scola-18ppg, around 8-9 boards, probably one of the most underrated players in the league
Odom-Sixth man of the year and most importantly a team option- so Hornets eventually save money there
Dragic- good solid pg
Kevin Martin- a 20 ppg scorer
Oh and a First round pick

All those guys are at their PEAK POTENTIAL... its only down hill from here, dragic has shown some potential, so ill give you that. those are okay pieces man, not at the cap space they are going to eat up though... that team has no chance at winning anything... you need to trade for young pieces or cap relief... preferably both, but since paul won't sign anywhere, I'd take the cap relief... honestly id take eric gordan for paul str8 up before this deal... this is a star driven league, having a stud on the team is way better than all of those guys put together. No one on that trade scares me. you don't even have to double any of them. if they were all in final years of contracts, then i would do it, also don't forget they have ariza and okafor, two more huge contracts, if you take on more money you can't possibly do anything. O and BTW i would pay to watch the scola and odom combo...

BigBluN'Orange
12-09-2011, 06:50 AM
only player thats worth mentioning in that warrior deal is curry. At least you get more flexibility with the lakers deal. You get a 1st rounder. Kevin Martin still young player good third option. Dragic starting Point guard. Then they could trade odom or scola if they wanted to.

Kevin martin is a good third option you say, who is the first option, second option? and do these options scare opposing teams at all? I'd rather do a sign and trade at the end of the season and get two first round picks, and try to sign someone in free agency

shep33
12-09-2011, 06:53 AM
All those guys are at their PEAK POTENTIAL... its only down hill from here, dragic has shown some potential, so ill give you that. those are okay pieces man, not at the cap space they are going to eat up though... that team has no chance at winning anything... you need to trade for young pieces or cap relief... preferably both, but since paul won't sign anywhere, I'd take the cap relief... honestly id take eric gordan for paul str8 up before this deal... this is a star driven league, having a stud on the team is way better than all of those guys put together. No one on that trade scares me. you don't even have to double any of them. if they were all in final years of contracts, then i would do it, also don't forget they have ariza and okafor, two more huge contracts, if you take on more money you can't possibly do anything. O and BTW i would pay to watch the scola and odom combo...

Kevin Martin is only 28 too, again Odom's deal can be flipped by the Hornets too because he's a valuable expiring, or they can just not re-up him next year. To me I think this was the best deal they'd get, but I respect your opinion

babalu69
12-09-2011, 07:00 AM
Kevin martin is a good third option you say, who is the first option, second option? and do these options scare opposing teams at all? I'd rather do a sign and trade at the end of the season and get two first round picks, and try to sign someone in free agency

yea i see what you are saying but having curry is not going to scare anyone either. Your getting a 1st rounder and possibly more 1st rounders if you deal odom or scola. Or you can just keep them scola would be the second option with martin filling in as their number one option with odom third option. Not to mention a replacement point guard who could grow into a good player.

BigBluN'Orange
12-09-2011, 07:01 AM
Wonder where you been? Curry was never included in a deal coz paul would not sign an extension..lol

True... but i'd still wait for another deal, this season is lost anyways... I know I don't want washed up players, unless you have some kind of plan in place to turn around and trade these players you are getting for young talent or draft picks, but i doubt anyone wants the 3 years and 30 million plus left on scola's contract for young cheap talent. or 2 year 16 million left on odoms deal, or 2 years 24 plus mill on kevin martin's contract... unless you can tell me theres awesome talent in free agency in 2014, but wait, thats when the CBA actually starts to make it more profitable to stay with your team rather than sign somewhere else... and its not like players will want to take less money to go to NO and its small market. At least you can go to NY and LA for less money, and you know you will get the endorsements in that market.

BigBluN'Orange
12-09-2011, 07:03 AM
yea i see what you are saying but having curry is not going to scare anyone either. Your getting a 1st rounder and possibly more 1st rounders if you deal odom or scola. Or you can just keep them scola and he would be #2 option with martin filling in as their number one option with odom third option. Not to mention a replacement point guard who could grow into a good player.

ehh.. I know curry and the two other guys are very young, unproven, but i'd take the risk on young guys hoping for a huge reward, rather than take the less risky players, and MAYBE make the playoffs

Raidaz4Life
12-09-2011, 07:08 AM
True... but i'd still wait for another deal, this season is lost anyways... I know I don't want washed up players, unless you have some kind of plan in place to turn around and trade these players you are getting for young talent or draft picks, but i doubt anyone wants the 3 years and 30 million plus left on scola's contract for young cheap talent. or 2 year 16 million left on odoms deal, or 2 years 24 plus mill on kevin martin's contract... unless you can tell me theres awesome talent in free agency in 2014, but wait, thats when the CBA actually starts to make it more profitable to stay with your team rather than sign somewhere else... and its not like players will want to take less money to go to NO and its small market. At least you can go to NY and LA for less money, and you know you will get the endorsements in that market.

You keep saying Washed up.... do you know what washed up means? Two of these players are coming off the best seasons of their careers and another is coming off another very good season. Scola and Odom can easily be flipped for young pieces or draft picks. This was a fantastic package that could have gone a long way towards rebuilding the Hornets if they knew how to use them correctly.

BigBluN'Orange
12-09-2011, 07:09 AM
Kevin Martin is only 28 too, again Odom's deal can be flipped by the Hornets too because he's a valuable expiring, or they can just not re-up him next year. To me I think this was the best deal they'd get, but I respect your opinion

yea 28 isn't bad at all... but kevin martin? i mean i like him on my fantasy team, but he won't carry a team, luis scola and kevin martin couldn't get houston into the playoffs last year. and i don't think they will have good dynamics on the team. Also you have ariza starting at either the 2 or 3, and you want to start K-mart2, and odom is undersized for 4, scola undersized for 5... not very good team dynamics. who has leadership qualities to bring them together and play unselfishly. Ariza thought he was better than lebron at one point in time, so no it won't be him... Odom disappears at the most clutch times for the lakers. Scola, sure, hes unselfish. idk, that team doesn't look good short or long term to me at all. I'd rather save my money, and do what the heat/raptors did with a sign and trade for some picks... lose all your games as the hornets, get a high draft pick in a very deep class. rather than take these guys win half the games and get a late lotto pick. you know?

BigBluN'Orange
12-09-2011, 07:17 AM
You keep saying Washed up.... do you know what washed up means? Two of these players are coming off the best seasons of their careers and another is coming off another very good season. Scola and Odom can easily be flipped for young pieces or draft picks. This was a fantastic package that could have gone a long way towards rebuilding the Hornets if they knew how to use them correctly.

When have these guys ever carried their teams to anything... the answer is never... yo lamar odom's season last year (14.4ppg and 8.7 boards) wasn't even his best with the lakers, yet alone of his career (he was doing more when he was the man with CLIP and Heat http://www.nba.com/playerfile/lamar_odom/career_stats.html)

Scola had the best season of his career in terms of PPG and RPG i guess, but he also was more of a focal point, and you can see his FG % and FT% dropped... more points cause hes shooting more, take away the extra shots, his ppg goes down, his fg% goes up and hes the same guy hes always been.

i can live with martin, hes in his peak age wise, and he can score, however he only scores, he doesn't do anything else on the court...

its better to not take this deal, save the money, do a sign and trade with whoever for paul (like the cavs did with the heat) get a pick that way... and when you're team sucks real bad, (they will not win a championship with this trade, so i'd rather suck real bad than only suck a little) cause you have a higher chance of getting a top 3 pick in a very deep and talented draft class