PDA

View Full Version : Clippers Match Offer For C DeAndre Jordan (UPDATE POST 214)

MackShock
12-09-2011, 04:50 AM
The Golden State Warriors plan to present Los Angeles Clippers restricted free-agent center DeAndre Jordan with an offer on Friday, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

The Warriors had hoped to sign Dallas Mavericks free-agent center Tyson Chandler, but he is nearing a four-year, $58 million agreement with the New York Knicks. While the Warriorsí offer sheet wasnít finalized, one source said the team is prepared to begin Jordanís contract at $10 million next season.

Jordan has been offered a five-year, $40 million deal by the Clippers. The Clippers would have three days to match any offer sheet Jordan signs. Denver Nuggets free-agent center Nene hasnít drawn much interest from the Warriors.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ys-nba_free_agent_news_buzz_120811

robbnen#31
12-09-2011, 06:32 AM
Risky to give Jordan this much money, but I would take the risk given our past state of the organization.

MackShock
12-09-2011, 06:40 AM
at least chandler was a priority first...now we focus on jordan

likemystylez
12-09-2011, 10:13 AM
this kinda sucks. There appear to be more teams interested in Jordan then there were in Chandler.... and as evidenced with Chandler, when the going gets tuff... our management just walks away from the table. I mean chandler hadnt signed anything yet.... when the warriors walk away- its just telling chandler that they dont want him that bad and its telling the rest of the league that the warriors arent serious players in the free agent market. They can talk the talk... but when it comes to the 4th quarter when things need to get done... they are basically lebron james.

likemystylez
12-09-2011, 10:15 AM
at least chandler was a priority first...now we focus on jordan

they are simply running out of options though. Jordan has the interest of Houston, new orleans, Denver, and the clippers. Those look like worse odds for the warriors considering that chandler was pretty much ONLY on the warriors radar until just ONE other team made him an offer.... then the warriors front office just walked away.

dkgraphikz
12-09-2011, 11:46 AM
Chandler met with GSW, HOU, NJN... and u dont even know who else he might of had discussions with behind the scenes. Maybe the guy wanted to play in a bigger market like NY.

BKLYNpigeon
12-09-2011, 01:12 PM
this kinda sucks. There appear to be more teams interested in Jordan then there were in Chandler.... and as evidenced with Chandler, when the going gets tuff... our management just walks away from the table. I mean chandler hadnt signed anything yet.... when the warriors walk away- its just telling chandler that they dont want him that bad and its telling the rest of the league that the warriors arent serious players in the free agent market. They can talk the talk... but when it comes to the 4th quarter when things need to get done... they are basically lebron james.

Chandler had his eyes set on NY the whole time. you're just speculating. you know know what the Warriors know. Im sure they know what his plans are. Chandler hasnt signed a contract yet because the knicks dont have the cap space yet. they still have to trade Turiaf and amnesty or trade Billips.

BKLYNpigeon
12-09-2011, 01:15 PM
so the Warriors offered Jordan 10 million for 4 years? not bad at all. look at this way, would you want

Biedrins at 9 million

or

Jordan at 10 million

Monta is beast
12-09-2011, 01:23 PM
so the Warriors offered Jordan 10 million for 4 years? not bad at all. look at this way, would you want

Biedrins at 9 million

or

Jordan at 10 million

They haven't offered him anything yet. Other team's that are interested are the Rockets, Hornets, and Timberwolves. But report's say that the Warriors are "motivated to steal" DeAndre Jordan away from the Clippers.

Monta is beast
12-09-2011, 01:25 PM
If there is a team that will make a contract offer the Clippers won't match "it will most likely be the Warriors".

Monta is beast
12-09-2011, 01:27 PM
"Jordan is restricted and it's believed the Clippers would match most offers for him, but it's clear the Warriors are desperate to land a starting center. Which makes sense with Andris Biedrins and Ekpe Udoh as their current options."

http://twitter.com/sam_amick

dodgersuck
12-09-2011, 01:30 PM
Jordan is wack, we should go after Gasol

BrandoCommando
12-09-2011, 02:01 PM
Please explain how Jordan is wack.

Public Enemy #1
12-09-2011, 02:24 PM
^Unproven, all potential. Why give ten million to a player that is unproven?! I don't understand.. Go for Gasol or Nene. He isn't wack, but he certainly isn't the answer to anything.

BrandoCommando
12-09-2011, 02:56 PM
So you'd rather have Biedrins for 1 million less?

BrandoCommando
12-09-2011, 03:03 PM
Nene just reportedly signed a max contract with the Nets..

Monta is beast
12-09-2011, 03:18 PM
Nene just reportedly signed a max contract with the Nets..

Yeah I heard about that. That leaves the Warriors, Rockets, and of course the Clippers in the DeAndre Jordan sweepstakes.

GotDimSum
12-09-2011, 03:28 PM

Omgness this must be a troll. He had no intentions on joining a small market team especially after being stuck in the bobcats prior to winning a championship last year with dallas. As far as management goes, offering a 15 million dollar deal for a multi-year contract is as good as it gets especially for the player of his caliber. There is no way to buy someone who is willing to take a pay decrease just to play in New York. =)

SFChuck
12-09-2011, 07:31 PM
I will readily admit I've been in the "dump Biedrins" mode but the alternatives seem to be quickly evaporating.

It seems to me that Biedrins can be an adequate center when his confidence is up but when he gets down on himself and his performance drops off the players on the floor tend to forget about him, which appears to make things worse. I wonder if Jackson can inspire him or if he's a lost cause.

robbnen#31
12-09-2011, 07:34 PM
^Unproven, all potential. Why give ten million to a player that is unproven?! I don't understand.. Go for Gasol or Nene. He isn't wack, but he certainly isn't the answer to anything.

I'm with you in thinking people are currently overrating him. I believe that because I think he benefits a lot by playing next to Blake Griffin. With that said, if Gasol, Nene, and Chandler are off the market I would have no problem giving Jordan 10 mill.

Monta is beast
12-09-2011, 07:40 PM
I will readily admit I've been in the "dump Biedrins" mode but the alternatives seem to be quickly evaporating.

It seems to me that Biedrins can be an adequate center when his confidence is up but when he gets down on himself and his performance drops off the players on the floor tend to forget about him, which appears to make things worse. I wonder if Jackson can inspire him or if he's a lost cause.

When Biedrins is confident, no doubt he is arguably a top 5-10 center in the league. I mean, dude was putting up 12 and 12 on most night's. I really hope he can gain his confidence back, but once you lose confidence and you start playing bad,how are you supposed to gain it back? If management thinks he can, by all means let him give it one more try.

Kdirt
12-09-2011, 07:47 PM
I dont mind dropping 10 or 11 million on Jordan, but using the amnesty on Beans seems a little premature. I would rather boost his value and trade him and save that amnesty chip for a better time.

MackShock
12-09-2011, 07:55 PM
if we steal him, we cripple a division rival..if we dont, we make the clippers overpay for him :)

Monta is beast
12-09-2011, 08:03 PM
"Warriors are making moves to create cap space as they prepare offer sheet for Clippers' DeAndre Jordan."

http://twitter.com/gswscribe

Monta is beast
12-09-2011, 08:24 PM
"Warriors' Jordan push sure to include interesting chats between GS asst. GM Bob Myers and his former boss/Jordan's agent, Arn Tellem."

Monta is beast
12-09-2011, 08:30 PM
"If GSWs sign RFA DJordan to an offer, LACs will have, and almost surely take, 3 days to decide whether to match. Long wait in this climate."

Kawakami

BrandoCommando
12-09-2011, 08:30 PM
We're scrapin up pennies for Jordan.

MackShock
12-09-2011, 08:33 PM
MIBS..put it in quotes please

Monta is beast
12-09-2011, 08:34 PM
We're scrapin up pennies for Jordan.

It seems like it. Im worried that the Clippers are going to wait the whole three days, the match the offer. We would be screwed then.

MackShock
12-09-2011, 08:36 PM
if we offer enough money, they wont match..not just saying that because of common sense..

but they an owner named donald sterling...for years the clippers have sucked because he is a penny pincher, and never wants to break the bank on a free agent. hes probably worse than cohan to be honest.

BrandoCommando
12-09-2011, 08:37 PM
We'd settle for Pryzbilla -_-

Leandres_sf
12-09-2011, 08:43 PM
It seems like it. Im worried that the Clippers are going to wait the whole three days, the match the offer. We would be screwed then.

Well, we'd be left with no real options either way. I think we're looking at eithe DeAndre Jordan or Andris Biedrins as the starting center on Christmas Night.

If they lose out on Jordan, they may go after a Joel Pryzbilla or Kwame Brown type as a back-up, but that's about it.

BrandoCommando
12-09-2011, 08:45 PM
The more and more I think about it, the more I want Jordan as our starting C. I really have lost faith in beans.

MackShock
12-09-2011, 08:53 PM
not Jackson...if we make the playoffs..theres no reason we cant believe beans will be back

BrandoCommando
12-09-2011, 08:56 PM
That happens to be a big IF.

Leandres_sf
12-09-2011, 09:05 PM
Beidrins drop-off is still so puzzling to me. It's like it all started with aviod contact because he didn't want to go to the FT line, then it snow-balled from there.

COOLbeans
12-09-2011, 09:08 PM
I think if we sign an unproven Jordan for anything more than what the Clippers are offering, I fear it could be a Maggette 2.0 situation.

And at least we knew what we were getting Maggette. Jordan's unproven, I don't get it actually.

Leandres_sf
12-09-2011, 09:11 PM
Magette wasn't 6-11, 265 lbs, young, athletic and a great inside defensive presence.

BrandoCommando
12-09-2011, 09:14 PM
Well put.

MackShock
12-09-2011, 09:18 PM
yup..well see..

Leandres_sf
12-09-2011, 09:23 PM
Don't get me wrong, I understand it's a risk, but when it's a big, I think it's a risk worth taking. Come on Lacob!

MackShock
12-09-2011, 09:25 PM
i have a feeling Lacob will...but should be looking at backup options in case the Clippers match

COOLbeans
12-09-2011, 09:27 PM
we will see.. plus it's not my money so sign him. he's better than Biedrins. but i havent seen him enough to be comfortable giving him 8-11 million per year based on what his stats say about him.

Monta is beast
12-09-2011, 09:59 PM
"It seems to be unanimous that DeAndre Jordan will be drastically overpaid at $10M. Same song no matter who I talk to."

http://twitter.com/gswscribe

Monta is beast
12-09-2011, 10:01 PM
Double post.

MackShock
12-09-2011, 11:10 PM
fixed :) please put in quotes, and not bold your article or blurb, then post a link (which youve been doing) thanks

Monta is beast
12-09-2011, 11:20 PM
fixed :) please put in quotes, and not bold your article or blurb, then post a link (which youve been doing) thanks

My B.

gswoaktown
12-09-2011, 11:24 PM
You don't go for Gasol because he's slow! You go for Jordan and you better believe they should overpay for him. The guy is an athletic freak that is an excellent shot blocker (better than Chandler and Nene). Forget about his offense. He can slam home the alley pass from Curry. We need someone to hold the kitchen sink while the little guys run around on the perimeter trying to stop guys. I would definitely pay him $12 mil per year for 4 years. No one of value is going to sign with the W's anyway. You're all dreaming if you think anybody would want to come here. So if you can get an excellent shot blocker, than do it!!!

MackShock
12-09-2011, 11:25 PM
my b.

iag. :)

MackShock
12-09-2011, 11:26 PM
You don't go for Gasol because he's slow! You go for Jordan and you better believe they should overpay for him. The guy is an athletic freak that is an excellent shot blocker (better than Chandler and Nene). Forget about his offense. He can slam home the alley pass from Curry. We need someone to hold the kitchen sink while the little guys run around on the perimeter trying to stop guys. I would definitely pay him $12 mil per year for 4 years. No one of value is going to sign with the W's anyway. You're all dreaming if you think anybody would want to come here. So if you can get an excellent shot blocker, than do it!!!

blood..marc gasol is gonna be better than pau. he's slow but he has much power, compared to pau, who has finesse. trust me, marc will be a great player. id take him before deandre.

Monta is beast
12-09-2011, 11:35 PM
blood..marc gasol is gonna be better than pau. he's slow but he has much power, compared to pau, who has finesse. trust me, marc will be a great player. id take him before deandre.

I don't know about him being better then Pau, but he is definitely better then DeAndre.

MackShock
12-09-2011, 11:38 PM
he will be..

Monta is beast
12-09-2011, 11:41 PM
he will be..

It's possible. He has much more strength then Pau.

gswoaktown
12-09-2011, 11:41 PM
Gasol totally doesn't play in a run and gun team. No matter what you think, the W's will, and have to be, run and gun. With 2 midgets in the backcourt that are offensive weapons, you don't slow down the game. You keep it frantic and pass to the open Curry for 3 or a cutting Monta for a layup/dunk or a behind the back pass for a dunk by DeAndre. DeAndre is much quicker on his feet than Gasol, hence a better defender. It makes no sense to slow down the game for Gasol. They have to keep it frenetic with DJ.

Monta is beast
12-09-2011, 11:44 PM
Gasol totally doesn't play in a run and gun team. No matter what you think, the W's will, and have to be, run and gun. With 2 midgets in the backcourt that are offensive weapons, you don't slow down the game. You keep it frantic and pass to the open Curry for 3 or a cutting Monta for a layup/dunk or a behind the back pass for a dunk by DeAndre. DeAndre is much quicker on his feet than Gasol, hence a better defender. It makes no sense to slow down the game for Gasol. They have to keep it frenetic with DJ.

I don't think the Warriors will play the "run n gun" style this year. Ellis had an interview today, and the reporter asked what they did in practice, and he said almost all of practice was focused around defense. And when a coach wants to focus on defense, there usually going to run a half court offense.

MackShock
12-09-2011, 11:46 PM
mark jackson said we will be an uptempo team, but we will focus on defense.

true true..we can still be uptempo..and we all know run n gun doesnt win championships..so trade monta, sign afflalo and marc gasol. done. :)

Lloyd Christmas
12-09-2011, 11:52 PM
Gasol was always my first choice but I still think we have no shot since the Grizz will match.

Monta is beast
12-09-2011, 11:54 PM

true true..we can still be uptempo..and we all know run n gun doesnt win championships..so trade monta, sign afflalo and marc gasol. done. :)

Boom!

MackShock
12-09-2011, 11:55 PM
Boom!

"Boo-YA!!"

Stuart Scott

likemystylez

Ummm do you think it even matters what they get in return for monta ellis?... or are you just one of those fans thats in favor of trading him for the sake of moving him regardless of whats coming back.

Monta is beast
Gasol was always my first choice but I still think we have no shot since the Grizz will match.

I think the Grizzlies would match any offer to be honest.

MackShock
12-10-2011, 12:03 AM
Ummm do you think it even matters what they get in return for monta ellis?... or are you just one of those fans thats in favor of trading him for the sake of moving him regardless of whats coming back.

trade him for gasol or gay

MackShock
12-10-2011, 12:04 AM
besides..we up the offer for gasol, grizz match..

then trade for gay or gasol cuz theyll be hampered by two bad contracts..

"This is chess, it ain't checkers."

- Alonzo Harris

Leandres_sf
12-10-2011, 12:50 AM
I wonder what it would take to get both Gasol and Gay?

MackShock
12-10-2011, 12:56 AM
well..

1. we offer gasol a ridiculous contract so memphis wont match

2. amnesty biedrins to make room for gasol

3. trade monta for charlie bell + more possible filler for Gay

Curry/Jenkins
Wright/Thompson/FA (J-Rich?)
Gay/Thompson/FA (J-Rich?)
Lee/Udoh/Tyler
Gasol/Udoh/Tyler

BEAST UP!!!

MackShock
12-10-2011, 01:23 AM
The Warriors announced Friday that they have waived reserve guard Jeremy Lin. They also are holding off on the signing of first-round pick Klay Thompson, who did not participate in the first day of training camp because he doesn't have a contract.

Both moves are designed to create cap space. Why? The Warriors are preparing an offer sheet for Los Angeles Clippers center DeAndre Jordan, team sources confirmed. League rules require the Warriors have cap space available to cover the first year of the offer before the offer is made.

The Warriors, who have not hidden their desire to acquire a big man, have set their sights on Jordan, 23, after their No. 1 choice, Tyson Chandler, agreed to sign with the New York Knicks.

Jordan is a restricted free agent, so the Clippers will have the right to match the Warriors' offer. According to the Los Angeles Times, the Clippers plan to do so. The Warriors are going to try to call their bluff.

Jordan, a super athletic 7-foot-1 big man, is one of the more promising young centers in the league. He also represents the Warriors' last real chance of acquiring a quality big man. Nene, the Warriors believe per one source, is considerably overpriced with his commands of $15 million. And the Warriors are convinced Memphis will match any offer sheet for center Marc Gasol. And the Warriors don't particularly want Samuel Dalembert.
That leaves Jordan. To that end, the Warriors had to let fan favorite Lin go.

The Palo Alto native was set to make just shy of $800,000, but his contract was only partially guaranteed. Waiving him saved the Warriors more than a half-million dollars of salary cap space.

The Warriors are also waiting to sign Thompson, one source said, because once they do, it will eat up salary cap space they need.

Warriors guard Charlie Bell missed the start of training camp after being jailed in Flint, Mich., on Thursday. Bell showed up to court legally drunk for a hearing on his drunken driving case, ABC 12 (WJRT-TV) reported. He spent a few hours in custody after failing a pre-scheduled alcohol assessment test before his case was heard. His blood-alcohol level was .09. The legal limit is .08.

Bell was released after he sobered up. He was expected back in court Friday. It is unclear when he will rejoin the team.

Bell was originally arrested in Flint Township on Oct. 21 for drunken driving, driving with a suspended license and failure to stop at a stop sign. In February, Bell was arrested on suspicion of drunken driving in Oakland.

Bell said via Twitter: "Sorry for letting everybody down. No excuses. Will do what it takes to make things right."

The Warriors announced the signing of second-round pick Charles Jenkins. He has a partially guaranteed contract for the league minimum.

http://www.mercurynews.com/warriors/ci_19513784

MackShock
12-10-2011, 01:28 AM
Soooo..let me see if I've got this correct...

They offer Chandler 4 years at 52-56 million, and he goes to the Knicks.

Then, they waive guard Jeremy Lin because they need to make cap space for the first year of a contract?

Then, they announce they will make an offer to DeAndre Jordan, who likely WONT command as much as Chandler.

What's the real reason of waiving Jeremy Lin then? If he was on the roster when they offered Chandler a contract, logically speaking he should still be on the roster when they will offer a smaller contract to Jordan right?

Unless they are prepared to offer the same amount or more to Jordan, the waiving of Lin doesnt make sense.

Monta is beast
12-10-2011, 01:35 AM
Soooo..let me see if I've got this correct...

They offer Chandler 4 years at 52-56 million, and he goes to the Knicks.

Then, they waive guard Jeremy Lin because they need to make cap space for the first year of a contract?

Then, they announce they will make an offer to DeAndre Jordan, who likely WONT command as much as Chandler.

What's the real reason of waiving Jeremy Lin then? If he was on the roster when they offered Chandler a contract, logically speaking he should still be on the roster when they will offer a smaller contract to Jordan right?

Unless they are prepared to offer the same amount or more to Jordan, the waiving of Lin doesnt make sense.

Maybe there looking at another free agent as well as Jordan?

MackShock
12-10-2011, 01:39 AM
I was thinking that too, but then I was thinking, if the Warriors wouldve signed Chandler, Lin would likely be gone either way.

Monta is beast
12-10-2011, 01:40 AM
I was thinking that too, but then I was thinking, if the Warriors wouldve signed Chandler, Lin would likely be gone either way.

Yeah that's true.

MackShock
12-10-2011, 01:46 AM
Lin will find a tram..then come back and murder us on the court

Monta is beast
12-10-2011, 01:54 AM
Lin will find a tram..then come back and murder us on the court

I could see the Rockets picking him up.

MackShock
12-10-2011, 01:56 AM
whos their starting point?

Monta is beast
12-10-2011, 01:57 AM
whos their starting point?

Lowry.

MackShock
12-10-2011, 02:06 AM
well lets see where he goes..i want him to beast on fools

Monta is beast
12-10-2011, 02:09 AM
well lets see where he goes..i want him to beast on fools

He'll definitely get another chance.

MackShock
12-10-2011, 02:11 AM
not so sure about that..he plays very scared..if he gets another chance he wont get many minutes..

do you remember sun yue on the lakers...

next magic lol but never got a chance..6'9 point guard

don'tfireNedCo
12-10-2011, 02:17 AM
if we steal him, we cripple a division rival..if we dont, we make the clippers overpay for him :)

haha no stealing DJ won't cripple us as we still have kaman to fill the need next to griffin, EJ, and now caron. neil olshey will probably match up to 10 mil a year but if you guys want to pay 12-13 mil for a guy who's mother had called out for being lazy and averaged 7-7 when given a starter's minutes, man go right ahead. DJ's terrible skillset outside of dunking makes him a little value to other teams as he has no post moves other than us because everything griffin has he doesn't, but everything we don't want griffin to do, he does.

anyways whats up mack

MackShock
12-10-2011, 02:20 AM
haha no stealing DJ won't cripple us as we still have kaman to fill the need next to griffin, EJ, and now caron. neil olshey will probably match up to 10 mil a year but if you guys want to pay 12-13 mil for a guy who's mother had called out for being lazy and averaged 7-7 when given a starter's minutes, man go right ahead. DJ's terrible skillset outside of dunking makes him a little value to other teams as he has no post moves other than us because everything griffin has he doesn't, but everything we don't want griffin to do, he does.

anyways whats up mack

its Shock, lest we forget :) Sup Ned.

Well, great sum up of DJ...why do you guys want him then?

Monta is beast
12-10-2011, 02:21 AM
not so sure about that..he plays very scared..if he gets another chance he wont get many minutes..

do you remember sun yue on the lakers...

next magic lol but never got a chance..6'9 point guard

Yeah I remember that dude. That guy was turrible.

MackShock
12-10-2011, 02:23 AM
Yeah I remember that dude. That guy was turrible.

he wasnt terrible..he just never got a chance..no Asian besides Yao Ming is going to get a chance at the rotation...Yao wouldnt have gotten it if he wasnt 7'6

don'tfireNedCo
12-10-2011, 02:34 AM
its Shock, lest we forget :) Sup Ned.

Well, great sum up of DJ...why do you guys want him then?

sorry shock, it's been a long lock out.

we want DJ because he is the perfect complementary player to griffin. DJ is scrappy, and doesn't need the ball. i think we went to him less than 24 times in low post the entire season last year. he isn't worth the money but it sends a good message to the rest of the young core we have, especially keeping DJ's BFF griffin happy. griffin is athletic enough to create his own on offensive end when DJ is absolutely useless 3 feet away from the hoop. but griffin doesn't have the length to be a good defender but DJ is. griffin will keep DJ busy, and will force him to practice harder. once DJ gets his contract in a new city with new teammates, i don't see who can put that pressure on him.

MackShock
12-10-2011, 02:39 AM
sorry shock, it's been a long lock out.

we want DJ because he is the perfect complementary player to griffin. DJ is scrappy, and doesn't need the ball. i think we went to him less than 24 times in low post the entire season last year. he isn't worth the money but it sends a good message to the rest of the young core we have, especially keeping DJ's BFF griffin happy. griffin is athletic enough to create his own on offensive end when DJ is absolutely useless 3 feet away from the hoop. but griffin doesn't have the length to be a good defender but DJ is. griffin will keep DJ busy, and will force him to practice harder. once DJ gets his contract in a new city with new teammates, i don't see who can put that pressure on him.

well, maybe our coach Mark Jackson can...if he preaches defense like he has all along, then why not?

its pretty chill your willing to let DJ go...will the Clippers match?

Donald Sterling isnt exactly the biggest spender..

don'tfireNedCo
12-10-2011, 02:50 AM
if DJ is getting like 13 mil a year there is no reason to match that. we still have minny's pick and there are drummond/davis in the draft who may have higher ceiling than DJ. we can save that money for 2012 FA and go after deron and we can trade bledsoe+other pieces for a decent center. we dont need an allstar center with the roster we have, we just need a player who can rebound and swat a few shots to keep griffin fresh on the other end. I think the clips will match up to 10 per. nothing more.

don'tfireNedCo
12-10-2011, 02:54 AM
BTW haven't you guys paid enough for bigs with potentials only? biedrins and lee didn't exactly payoff, what makes you think DJ will? that's a lot of dough on the roster for a bunch of 7 footers with "potential"

MackShock
12-10-2011, 04:12 AM
BTW haven't you guys paid enough for bigs with potentials only? biedrins and lee didn't exactly payoff, what makes you think DJ will? that's a lot of dough on the roster for a bunch of 7 footers with "potential"

well if we land DJ, beans will be amnestied. i for one would like to see beans get it back, because we essentially need him to rebound and swat shots..the same thing we want DJ to do.

it makes no sense to sign DJ long term and cripple us financially, when we have a guy like beans who can potentially do that.

so, potential comeback for nba veteran, vs potential...

id say give beans a chance, but fans will likely complain and say warriors have done nothing this offseason to improve the team. if you really think about it, what can DJ better than beans (other than FT shooting) that we need him to do? score? not really. board? not really. block? maybe..and thats a big maybe.

now that i think of it, we may just be signing DJ to calm the fans down and make it seem like were doing something.

likemystylez
12-10-2011, 11:30 AM
well if we land DJ, beans will be amnestied. i for one would like to see beans get it back, because we essentially need him to rebound and swat shots..the same thing we want DJ to do.

it makes no sense to sign DJ long term and cripple us financially, when we have a guy like beans who can potentially do that.

so, potential comeback for nba veteran, vs potential...

id say give beans a chance, but fans will likely complain and say warriors have done nothing this offseason to improve the team. if you really think about it, what can DJ better than beans (other than FT shooting) that we need him to do? score? not really. board? not really. block? maybe..and thats a big maybe.

now that i think of it, we may just be signing DJ to calm the fans down and make it seem like were doing something.

corey maggette stuff, but atleast its at a position that where we seriously need help.

I dont know what I want anymore actually. Bringing in West and Bob myers to have the exact same team we had 6 months ago doesnt sound very exciting to me at all though. (especially when a few days ago people were talking about chris paul and tyson chandler and maybe dwight howard next summer)... granted that was a very very long shot...but now all we have to get excited about is giving beidrins his 1,000th chance because he says he thinks he can get it back? (LOl whatelse is he going to say??)

likemystylez
12-10-2011, 11:40 AM
part of me is kind of hoping that we force the clippers to overspend on DeAndre Jordan and they wind up letting kamen go with the amnesty and the warriors wind up picking up kamen on the cheap, while adding a few other quality pieces.

LOL I know kamen had some injuries the last year or so and im usually the first one to expresss concern on those issues, but does anybody find it ironic that if you asked who the best center among this group was less than 2 years ago....It probably would have been Kamen..... (granted beidrins might have been considered as good or better than most of these guys too).

I mean through out his carreer he's better than any shot blocker in the group of free agent centers including chandler, hes as good a post player and scoring threat as gasol, and hes a better rebounder than nene, Gasol, or Jordan. He also shoots 74% from the ft line.

Scoots
12-10-2011, 12:49 PM
They made an offer to Chandler and they can make an offer to an unrestricted free agent without having the cap space ... same as the knicks did. For a restricted free agent they have to have the cap space before they make the offer because the player actually signs the offer and it is a binding contract for the Warriors, or the Clippers if they match it ... but the contract is locked in as soon as the player signs regardless of where he ends up.

GSW 2012 CHAMPS
12-10-2011, 09:27 PM
We need to be in a bigger market!! If we were Tyson Chandler and/or Chris Paul would be in a dubs uni right now.

iFYouSeekAmy
12-10-2011, 09:37 PM
I'm afraid we will have another Maggette situation

Lloyd Christmas
12-10-2011, 09:38 PM
We need this Paul deal to the Lakers happen already. Then Houston can offer Marc Gasol that huge deal forcing Memphis to match. Then we swoop in and grab Rudy Gay. Come on Stern.

BrandoCommando
12-10-2011, 09:53 PM
^ Easier said than done, bud.

Lloyd Christmas
12-10-2011, 09:55 PM
It won't happen. I know.

BrandoCommando
12-10-2011, 09:58 PM
Let's get our hopes up though man.

MackShock
12-10-2011, 10:25 PM
We need to be in a bigger market!! If we were Tyson Chandler and/or Chris Paul would be in a dubs uni right now.

Your joking right? We need to be in a bigger market?

Do you mean we need to be in San Francisco?

Say goodbye to the Warriors in the Bay if you want a bigger market. (LA, NY, CHI, PHI)

BrandoCommando
12-11-2011, 12:17 AM
Warriors to sign to four-year, 40 million offer sheet...

http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/warriors-talk/post/Warriors-to-sign-Jordan-to-four-year-40-?blockID=609864&feedID=5882

Monta is beast
12-11-2011, 12:24 AM

http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/warriors-talk/post/Warriors-to-sign-Jordan-to-four-year-40-?blockID=609864&feedID=5882

If Biedrins can get back to his old form and we sign Jordan, we would have a scary duo. And with Jackson committing to defense we could see a lineup like this at times.

Curry
Ellis
Wright
Jordan
Biedrins

Monta is beast
12-11-2011, 12:25 AM

And we didn't really blow the Clippers offer out of the water. The Clippers offered 8 million per season the Warriors offered 10. And the Clippers offer has one more year.

BrandoCommando
12-11-2011, 12:27 AM
Soooo what happens if/when the Clips match?

MackShock
12-11-2011, 12:28 AM
clippers will match that..only 2 more mill per year for jordan.

Monta is beast
12-11-2011, 12:29 AM
Soooo what happens if/when the Clips match?

The Warriors couldn't offer another contract.

MackShock
we force memphis to pay for gasol...drive the contract up and cripple em with gasol and gay,

then offer monta and bell for gasol or gay.

this is chess, it aint checkers.

Monta is beast
clippers will match that..only 2 more mill per year for jordan.

Most likely.

Lloyd Christmas
12-11-2011, 12:30 AM
So it looks like Biedrins and Pryzbilla/Kwame Brown will be our centers this year. Awesome...

Monta is beast
12-11-2011, 12:32 AM
we force memphis to pay for gasol...drive the contract up and cripple em with gasol and gay,

then offer monta and bell for gasol or gay.

this is chess, it aint checkers.

This.

MackShock
12-11-2011, 12:32 AM
no to Kwame..Pryzbilla Im okay with

BrandoCommando
12-11-2011, 12:33 AM
So I can pretty much say bye bye to having DeAndre Jordan. What a offseason...

MackShock
12-11-2011, 12:33 AM
This.

you already know wassup...

Training Day.

Denzel > All.

Monta is beast
12-11-2011, 12:34 AM
you already know wassup...

Training Day.

Denzel > All.

Denzel>Training Day>All

Monta is beast
12-11-2011, 12:35 AM
Clippers fans are saying that they will match that offer.

Monta is beast
12-11-2011, 12:35 AM
So I can pretty much say bye bye to having DeAndre Jordan. What a offseason...

We still need a backup SG & SF.

Lloyd Christmas
12-11-2011, 12:37 AM
We still need a backup SG & SF.

Klay Thompson should handle one of those spots.

Monta is beast
12-11-2011, 12:39 AM
Klay Thompson should handle one of those spots.

I don't expect him to get playing time right away. He still isn't signed and with an already short camp, I doubt he gets playing time until about a month into the season.

MackShock
12-11-2011, 12:44 AM
Afflalo..Thornton...we missed out on J-Rich.

Monta is beast
12-11-2011, 12:46 AM
Afflalo..Thornton...we missed out on J-Rich.

Both are going to Denver most likely. And even though I really wanted J-Rich back, that was a steep price.

MackShock
12-11-2011, 12:50 AM
who do we sign then...

Monta is beast
12-11-2011, 12:52 AM
who do we sign then...

That's a good question. Law, Williams, and Throton are all gone.

MackShock
12-11-2011, 12:57 AM
Von Wafer, Rasual Butler, Deshawn Stevenson, Jamario Moon, Leon Powe, Mbah a Moute (RFA), Jared Jefferies, Thaddeus Young (RFA), Sonny Weems (RFA), AK47, Yi Jianlian, Josh Howard, Mo Evans

Monta is beast
12-11-2011, 12:59 AM
Von Wafer, Rasual Butler, Deshawn Stevenson, Jamario Moon, Leon Powe, Mbah a Moute (RFA), Jared Jefferies, Thaddeus Young (RFA), Sonny Weems (RFA), AK47, Yi Jianlian, Josh Howard, Mo Evans

sfattahian
12-11-2011, 01:03 AM
steinmetz just tweeted warriors offer is 4 yrs 40 mil. We're waiting until sunday to make offer so Lin can clear waivers. Seems like Clips will obviously match, leaving us with the same front line as last year, boo!

also, ESPN just tweeted Lakers pulled out of Chris Paul deal, wonder if we're back in for him. Again, seems like he'll never re-sign with us anyway so it seems pointless.

We should have signed Luc M'bah a Moute for the MLE, can't believe a defender of his caliber went for so cheap. If Jordan falls through, what now? Any ideas anybody?

Monta is beast
12-11-2011, 01:06 AM
steinmetz just tweeted warriors offer is 4 yrs 40 mil. We're waiting until sunday to make offer so Lin can clear waivers. Seems like Clips will obviously match, leaving us with the same front line as last year, boo!

also, ESPN just tweeted Lakers pulled out of Chris Paul deal, wonder if we're back in for him. Again, seems like he'll never re-sign with us anyway so it seems pointless.

We should have signed Luc M'bah a Moute for the MLE, can't believe a defender of his caliber went for so cheap. If Jordan falls through, what now? Any ideas anybody?

Deshawn Stevenson, Mo Evans, Von Wafer, and Joel Pryzbilla.

MackShock
12-11-2011, 01:13 AM
i just listed a whole bunch of free agents in this or anything thread

kylem4711
12-11-2011, 01:33 AM
yeah, the clips will match this simply because blake likes DJ. everything we do is tp make blake happy now.

iFYouSeekAmy
12-11-2011, 01:43 AM
Deshawn Stevenson, Mo Evans, Von Wafer, and Joel Pryzbilla.

Von Wafer, unfortunately, was offered and signed with the Magic. He would've been perfect off the bench.

Lloyd Christmas
12-11-2011, 01:45 AM
I don't expect him to get playing time right away. He still isn't signed and with an already short camp, I doubt he gets playing time until about a month into the season.

Good points. Backing up Monta might not be as difficult as normal since he plays basically the whole game.

Lloyd Christmas
12-11-2011, 01:46 AM

I would like to see Howard and Stevenson. Both should be relatively cheap.

MackShock
12-11-2011, 01:49 AM
id do yi jianlian..versatile and lanky pf who can shoot threes..we wont lose the Asian vote. :)

iFYouSeekAmy
12-11-2011, 01:56 AM
Thaddeus Young resigned with the Sixers.

I would like to see the front office make a move for Mbah a Moute since he's a great defender. Stevenson and Mo Evans would be nice to have since they could be signed cheap.

BAYAREA_fan_415
12-11-2011, 02:05 AM
Just saw this on Matt's twitter deal is expected to be 4 years 40 mil.

Thoughts??

Monta is beast
12-11-2011, 02:08 AM
Clippers will match the offer.

BAYAREA_fan_415
12-11-2011, 02:12 AM
After signing Butler I cant see them matching

allvalleychamp
12-11-2011, 02:18 AM
i think this forces a rival to put big money into an unproven player as the Clippers are expected to match...I like Tyler as our C of the future but would really like if we could land Jordan

Monta is beast
12-11-2011, 02:19 AM
After signing Butler I cant see them matching

If they did match it would only put them 3 million over the cap.

Monta is beast
12-11-2011, 02:23 AM
The Golden State Warriors will reportedly sign Los Angeles Clippers center DeAndre Jordan to four-year, $40 million offer sheet on Sunday, according to a report from CSNBayArea.com.

Jordan is a restricted free agent, meaning the Clippers will have three days to match the offer sheet or lose the talented 23-year-old who averaged 7.1 points, 7.2 rebounds and 1.8 blocks last season.

More on the Clippers

For more news, notes and analysis of the L.A. Clippers, check out the ClipperBlog. Blog

Clippers general manager Neil Olshey has said that retaining Jordan -- who is close friends with superstar forward Blake Griffin -- is a priority for the organization.

"We're committed to the core group we have," Olshey told ESPNLosAngeles.com last week. "We've been building slowly and we're in a great position to capitalize on that now with our cap flexibility. But we know that our existing players are a priority."

Olshey executed one of his top priorities this offseason when he signed free agent small forward Caron Butler to a three-year, $24 million contract on Friday.

Retaining Jordan and coming to an agreement on a four-year extension for fourth-year guard Eric Gordon are the others.

While the Clippers were prepared to re-sign Jordan to a five-year contract at about the same annual value Golden State will offer him, it'll be a much harder decision on whether they can make a $10 million a year commitment to a player who is still developing his offensive game and only became a consistent player in their rotation last season.

"I'm confident," Griffin said earlier this week when asked if he thought Jordan would return. "I think that's somewhat of a main thing for us, as Neil has said. But as a friend of DJs I think he needs to do what's best for him. I think he thinks this might be, and I think we feel the same way."

DeAndre Jordan is best friends with Blake Griffin. Just something to keep in mind.

Monta is beast
12-11-2011, 02:24 AM
i think this forces a rival to put big money into an unproven player as the Clippers are expected to match...I like Tyler as our C of the future but would really like if we could land Jordan

Tyler will probably be a PF.

lol, please
12-11-2011, 02:28 AM
DeAndre Jordan is best friends with Blake Griffin. Just something to keep in mind.

Blake Griffin is about to be best friends with a Warrior then.

Monta is beast
12-11-2011, 02:30 AM

Let's hope so.

MackShock
12-11-2011, 02:45 AM
we should have cap space to sign blake

lmeas11
12-11-2011, 02:58 AM

Got that right

BrandoCommando
12-11-2011, 03:11 AM
I don't see Jordan being a Warrior anymore :\

robbnen#31
12-11-2011, 03:26 AM
Honestly if we don't land Jordan, I would rather us sign a few solid role players to give us a really deep bench. There's no need to overpay for a guy like Dalembert. See what Biedrins can do, and not do anything stupid that will haunt us financially. It's a tough position for the ownership because there will be fans that will simply want them to do something (sorry Stylez) just for the sake of doing something. I would rather them make smart decisions and not make a move for the sake of changing things up.

lol, please
12-11-2011, 03:33 AM
http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/7340820/golden-state-warriors-send-offer-sheet-los-angeles-clippers-deandre-jordan

MackShock
12-11-2011, 04:05 AM
smart move by not overpaying jordan

GWarrior
12-11-2011, 11:55 AM
don't get your hopes very high. Clippers most likely will match. Reasons:

- Jordan is a good buddy of Blake.
- They can include him on a trade for CP3
- they rather spend the money on Jordan than Kamman. (The warriors with the offer are forcing them to pick one of them)

Kdirt
12-11-2011, 01:00 PM
The Los Angeles Clippers will match the reported four-year, $40 million offer sheet made to their restricted free agent DeAndre Jordan by the Golden State Warriors Saturday, according to a source.

Jordan averaged 10.0 points, 10.1 rebounds and 2.5 blocks per 36 minutes during the 10-11 season. Jordan started 66 games and averaged 25.6 minutes.

The decision to match Jordan's offer sheet will likely lead to a trade of Chris Kaman, according to a separate source.

"That's a lot of money for a guy who hasn't really proved anything yet, but it's cheaper than what losing Blake Griffin would do to their fan base," one league executive said.

Monta is beast
12-11-2011, 02:21 PM

Great.

BrandoCommando
12-11-2011, 02:24 PM
Tyler will probably be a PF.

Why do you think that?

Monta is beast
12-11-2011, 02:26 PM
Why do you think that?

From what I have read he doesn't have enough strength to be a center, and he is only 6'10.

BrandoCommando
12-11-2011, 02:31 PM
He is 6'11.

iFYouSeekAmy
12-11-2011, 02:36 PM
Looks like Clippers will match.. we can only hope that Sterling does something about this.

Lloyd Christmas
12-11-2011, 03:21 PM
So we didn't use the amnesty on Bell to sign Jordan to that offer sheet, right?

Crab Dribble!
12-11-2011, 03:46 PM
So we didn't use the amnesty on Bell to sign Jordan to that offer sheet, right?

We did not. No offer has been made yet. It was supposed to be made today, but the Warriors are holding off on doing it.

gswoaktown
12-11-2011, 04:15 PM
Thanks for the update Crab Dribble.

Perhaps besides exploring other trades, the W's wanted to juke the Clips into showing whether they'd match $10 mil. before they made the official offer to DJ. If the W's really want to steal him away, they'll probably have to top off at $12 mil.

As much as I like his defense, perhaps the money would be better spent on signing both Reggie Evans (rebounding and post D) and Dalembert (shot blocking). And both those signings would probably not go over $10 mil combined.

The difference is DJ does offer more offense than both simply by crashing the boards and slamming home any slop off the glass. He's also only 23 and can perhaps develop a 5 - 8 foot hook shot under Mike Malone.

asandhu23
12-11-2011, 05:18 PM
Sign a big man, we must.

BrandoCommando
12-11-2011, 05:26 PM
^ Yeah we all didn't already know that.

don'tfireNedCo
12-11-2011, 05:26 PM
The difference is DJ does offer more offense than both simply by crashing the boards and slamming home any slop off the glass. He's also only 23 and can perhaps develop a 5 - 8 foot hook shot under Mike Malone.

???

asandhu23
12-11-2011, 05:32 PM
^ Yeah we all didn't already know that.

Who's this guy?

BrandoCommando
12-11-2011, 05:34 PM
Can't you read? The name says about all you need to know.

asandhu23
12-11-2011, 05:38 PM
Can't you read? The name says about all you need to know.

FNG.... :pity:

MackShock
12-11-2011, 05:52 PM
K-Dirt, where did you get your source? DJ never averaged 10 10 and 2.5..more like 7 7 1.8

Monta is beast
12-11-2011, 06:29 PM
K-Dirt, where did you get your source? DJ never averaged 10 10 and 2.5..more like 7 7 1.8

Those were his averages if he played 35 min per game.

MackShock
12-11-2011, 07:08 PM
haha..still makes it look like he did hella more

Monta is beast
12-11-2011, 07:50 PM
Basically 11 million per year. Clippers have to match.

MackShock
12-11-2011, 07:52 PM
DeAndre Jordan has signed a 4 year, $43 million offer sheet with Golden State, agent Greg Lawrence tells Y!

Wojranowski twitter

MackShock
12-11-2011, 07:53 PM
though theyll still match

Lloyd Christmas
12-11-2011, 08:22 PM
Our organization is a complete joke

MackShock
12-11-2011, 08:27 PM
not a complete joke..

Lloyd Christmas
12-11-2011, 08:28 PM
not a complete joke..

You're right. They are a joke that isn't funny.

MackShock
12-11-2011, 08:30 PM
you are biedrins like andris :)

Lloyd Christmas
12-11-2011, 08:32 PM
Haha. How dare you.

MackShock
12-11-2011, 08:34 PM
bodybags man...that line killed it

Lloyd Christmas
12-11-2011, 09:00 PM
Thanks dude.

MackShock
12-11-2011, 09:13 PM
you shood rap

MackShock
12-12-2011, 12:14 AM
The Warriors threw another haymaker in free agency Sunday, and, once again, they were countered with a knockout punch.

Well, make that a standing eight count.

The Clippers are expected to match the four-year, $42.7 million offer sheet the Warriors signed with restricted free-agent center DeAndre Jordan, but Los Angeles has until Wednesday to make it official. That leaves the Warriors in three days of limbo, struggling to get off the mat while NBA movement buzzes around them.

To make room for the Jordan offer, the Warriors amnestied Charlie Bell and his $4.1 million contract, rescinded their qualifying offer to Reggie Williams and have delayed the signings of rookies Klay Thompson and Jeremy Tyler.

Head coach Mark Jackson is left with a roster lacking a single backup guard who has played a single NBA minute. He's losing valuable teaching time with Thompson and Tyler, who can't participate in practice until they sign contracts. And the Warriors are no bigger and no deeper.

"The bottom line is: I came to this team to coach the guys who are in the locker room today," Jackson said. "I'm excited to have that opportunity. I made the playoff promise based on what's in the locker room right now. I couldn't be happier with the way they're working.

"We've talked about getting better across the board. We have an opportunity to get better, and we're going to be very aggressive. We've taken our swings, and we're going to continue to do so."

The Warriors have taken at least two big swings but have come up empty. They offered the world to top free-agent center Tyson Chandler, but he chose to sign with New York. They tried to overpay for Jordan, but it appears as though the Clippers are willing to write a check to keep Blake Griffin happy.

Executive board member Jerry West was in the Bay Area on Sunday for the first time since training camp opened Friday. He liked the unselfish play he saw among the Warriors' core at practice and expressed doubt about Jordan.

"He's a young, active player who's probably coming into his own," West said. "Those are the kinds of players who people are willing to take chances on in terms of paying a lot of money. At the end of the day, you have to find out what's in store for anyone. I'm just not really sure about him."

As general manager Larry Riley predicted at the beginning of the free-agency signing period, the Warriors might not be able to make any major acquisitions this offseason. They might have to start looking at one-year stopgap options at center.

That pool could start to dry pretty quickly. Kurt Thomas, who has been an enforcer inside for eight teams during the past 16 seasons, signed with Portland on Sunday. If the Warriors have to wait until Wednesday for their next move, the Kwame Browns and Joel Przyzbillas of the free-agent crop already might have been picked, too.

"It's obvious that they need a low-post defender to help who they have, somebody who's big and long and takes up a lot of space," West said. "But at what price? I would never recommend or even consider signing someone unless it was just going to be a one-year fix for you.

"To me, everything has to play out, and, by Wednesday, we'll know where things are. Then, you go to Plan B."

Or Plan D. The Warriors also dabbled in the Chris Paul trade talks, but refused to include Stephen Curry in a deal. After the league vetoed a three-team deal that would have landed Paul with the Lakers, the Clippers have emerged as the frontrunners for the All-Star point guard.

"There are a lot of teams that are struggling while trying to do things," West said. "It's always difficult to make trades or acquire players. ... At the end of the day, there has been a significant effort made up here.

"Hopefully, something will come out of it."

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2011/12/11/SP2P1MB7U6.DTL

MackShock
12-12-2011, 12:16 AM
^ for those that dont think clippers will match..close enough.

its expected...

Lloyd Christmas
12-12-2011, 12:19 AM
Can Larry Ellison just buy the Hornets and move them to SJ already?

Lloyd Christmas
12-12-2011, 12:19 AM
jk

Lloyd Christmas
12-12-2011, 12:20 AM
but seriously

MackShock
12-12-2011, 12:20 AM
or the Queens

BKLYNpigeon
12-12-2011, 12:29 AM
what about brooklyn?

MackShock
12-12-2011, 12:32 AM
what about brooklyn?

415..fillmoe...KNOCKOUT.

jk..im not fillmore..

OUTBOUND.

Lloyd Christmas
12-12-2011, 12:47 AM
what about brooklyn?

Do you ever see LL Cool J out there?

MackShock
12-12-2011, 01:21 AM
you know LLDJ?

Ladies Love Douche James

TrueFan420
12-12-2011, 04:14 AM
so with paul looking like he is headed to the clippers... it just about kills any chance (yea i know we only had like a 1 in million shot but still a shot) that we could steal jordan

MackShock
12-12-2011, 04:41 AM
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=675963

will they let us take jordan if they need caproom to keep paul? would he be used to balance numbers and go to hornets? would they keep kaman?

BrandoCommando
12-12-2011, 04:41 AM
Since Kaman is headed to NO, that guarantees Clips will match the offer.

MackShock
12-12-2011, 04:43 AM
who says kaman is headed to NO?

BrandoCommando
12-12-2011, 04:51 AM
Twitter. I'm on through my phone but that's what is being said

MackShock
12-12-2011, 05:41 AM
what has the world come to..twitter is a news source now..:facepalm:

Bayareaboy
12-12-2011, 09:39 AM
I heard its Bledsoe, kaman, aminu and a first rond pick. So it looks like they could still get dj to. Not sure on the number though.

At this point I want DJ really bad and hope we get him but I couldn't live with not getting him also and signing some depth instead. Maybe resign Reggie Williams try and get dalembert and one or two other strong rotation players.

BKLYNpigeon
12-12-2011, 10:42 AM
if the Clippers land CP3, it kills our playoff hopes.

likemystylez
12-12-2011, 10:47 AM
if the Clippers land CP3, it kills our playoff hopes.

considering we literally did nothing to improve the team from last season, and we were a 10th seed last year.... Im not sure there were ever any reasonable playoff hopes

Lloyd Christmas
12-12-2011, 02:22 PM
Maybe we are trying to keep our first round pick by guaranteeing we pick in the top 7...

GWarrior
12-12-2011, 02:32 PM
DJordan offered will be matched.

If the Clips do the CP3 deal, Kaman will be included and they would have enough cap to match the offer. If the CP3 deal felt through, they will match the W's offer and waive/trade/amnesty Kaman. Either way DJordan will be a Clipper and Kaman wont.

Should the dubs sign Kaman for one or two years worth 7-9m?

Scoots
12-12-2011, 03:03 PM
CP3 to clips apparently dead ... Hornets asked for more.

Monta is beast
12-12-2011, 03:24 PM
So we still have about a 10% chance to get Jordan.

lol, please
12-12-2011, 03:50 PM
Maybe we still have a shot

Scoots
12-12-2011, 03:51 PM
Probably less than 10% now.

DbOyZ_ILiVe4DIs
12-12-2011, 05:50 PM
I seriously donít know why you all are trippen. The owners are doing what they can to offer attractive contracts to impact players but nobody wants to come here. Whatís the last big name free agent that chose to sign here? Really though. Derek Fisher!! Please. Every player whose had an impact on this team has came through a trade, draft, or through the D league. Relax!! We have pieces that can develop into key roles. Besides, whatever happened to trying to trade for Rudy Gay anyways?

MackShock
12-12-2011, 07:11 PM
thanks dboyz..

everybody here is getting paranoid because we havent signed anybody..and they wont even credit the front office for trying..

Scoots
12-12-2011, 07:16 PM
I don't actually think the regulars (other than Stylez) are really flipping out over these issues.

Monta is beast
12-12-2011, 07:18 PM
I don't actually think the regulars (other than Stylez) are really flipping out over these issues.

The only thing I'm worried about is if/when the Clippers match the offer were going to be scrambling to sign role players.

Kdirt
12-12-2011, 07:21 PM
Get ready for Kwame Brown in a DUB uni

MackShock
12-12-2011, 07:29 PM
Get ready for Kwame Brown in a DUB uni

never...he wants to stay in charlotte anyways.

sign przybilla if anything..

id like josh mcroberts too

Scoots
12-12-2011, 07:30 PM
McRoberts ... Biedrins without the athleticism. :)

MackShock
12-12-2011, 07:35 PM
I take it back..McRoberts is in a proposed sign and trade with for OJ Mayo n filler

MackShock
12-12-2011, 08:05 PM
The Clippers will reportedly match the Warriors' offer sheet to DeAndre Jordan , according to a story in the Los Angeles Times.

The Clippers got the the offer sheet from the Warriors Sunday afternoon. They have three days to match.

"Our goal right now is to obviously to bring him back," Clippers Coach Vinny del Negro told the Times after practice Monday morning. "We've just got to go through the right process."

The Warriors offered the 23-year-old center $40 million over four years on Sunday, multiple sources told Comcast SportsNet Bay Area.

Jordan has played the past three seasons for the Los Angeles Clippers and last year averaged 7.1 points, 7.2 rebounds and 1.8 blocks in 25.6 minutes per game.

If the Clippers match Golden State’s offer, it means the Warriors will have failed in two attempts this offseason to land a defensive-oriented center. The Warriors last week made a run at Tyson Chandler, who helped lead Dallas to an NBA title last season, but he elected to sign with the New York Knicks.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/warriors-talk/post/Report-Clips-to-match-for-Jordan?blockID=610876&feedID=2799

Official report that Clips will match. Why are the numbers still 40 mill and not 43?

BKLYNpigeon
12-12-2011, 08:06 PM
Brad Turner: Clippers are expected to match RFA center DeAndre Jordan got per sources and expect him at practice tonight. Twitter.

MackShock
sucks for us..oh well.

robbnen#31

Ya, stylez is just the kind of person that wants to see a change happen. He's been a Warriors fan for a long time and is stuck in the mindset left from the Cohan era of the FO trying to dupe fans into thinking they are trying to win. IMO it seems like he would rather see a drastic change happen so he could physically see that there is a desire to make things happen, even if this drastic change doesn't make them better.

I would like to see some changes made, but not just for the sake of making a change. It needs to be one that does make this team better.

As it looks like the Clippers will match Jordan, I hate to say it but I would rather stick with Biedrins (I just have a feeling he is going to turn it around) than sign somebody like Dalembert or Brown. Using the amnesty clause on Bell was idiotic, but there's nothing we can do about that. I think we should focus on signing a few role players to give us a really deep bench. With our current roster, I think we could have a shot at sneaking in to the playoffs (barring) injuries. A deep bench would help us out a lot if we do suffer a few setbacks with injuries.

Monta is beast
12-12-2011, 08:12 PM
Clips GM Neil Olshey hinted to LA media earlier today that team would use remaining cap room first and THEN match DeAndre Jordan offer sheet

http://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine

MackShock
12-12-2011, 08:18 PM
seems like everybody is trippin..not giving credit to the front office for even trying..calling the offseason a waste and stuff.

thats like saying im gonna try to make a million dollars, but if i make $999,999, its like i didnt make any money at all.

you understand how ridiculous that sounds?

MackShock
12-12-2011, 08:27 PM
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=676428

back to the drawing board....

at least they didnt drag it out.

TrueFan420
12-12-2011, 08:30 PM
can close this down... we need to go after gasol or nene cause i believe neither has signed yet

BrandoCommando
12-12-2011, 08:32 PM
Oh well. Let's get Kwame Brown.

MackShock
12-12-2011, 08:34 PM
can close this down... we need to go after gasol or nene cause i believe neither has signed yet

wouldve been possible had we amnestied beans...still possible if we trade beans.

Scoots
12-12-2011, 08:34 PM
Woj reported they HAVE matched, but that the offer included a "trade kicker" whatever that is.

TrueFan420
12-12-2011, 08:36 PM
wouldve been possible had we amnestied beans...still possible if we trade beans.

we would have to trade beans in a sign and trade for one of them and i doubt that happens. we really shot ourselves in the foot by amnestying bell

robbnen#31
12-12-2011, 08:37 PM

We don't have the cap room to sign either Gasol or Nene. They are reportedly being offered MAX contracts, which we don't have the ability to offer.

GWarrior
12-12-2011, 08:46 PM
We lost on Chandler. We lost on DJ. We gave away our amnesty for a small contract.
Waived Lin (Rockets) and Williams.

We are still under the cap so we can bet on amnesty players. There is no chance that we would get Nene or Gasol.

Nothing to show so far. Blow it up!!!!

MackShock
12-12-2011, 08:47 PM
perhaps we can if we did a sign and trade like truefan suggested

Scoots
12-12-2011, 09:00 PM
The loss of Lin, Williams, and the Amnesty are really not that big a deal. Williams didn't play D worth a damn, Lin was a marketing asset, but he was not likely to get many minutes as he too was a defensive liability, The only players the Amnesty was a possibility for other than Bell are Lee and Biedrins and the team decided they were not going to dump either of them and Biedrins has real trade value and they like him as a player at the moment. So, yes, they lost a little flexibility to gain some flexibility, but last time the amnesty was available very few teams used it and the same is likely true this time, because trades in the NBA require salary matching so you might as well trade the money for more money rather than just pay the salary for nothing. Teams, not just cheap owners, are offended by paying for another teams player and Biedrins and Lee would absolutely get picked off of Waivers ... probably by the Clippers.

Anybody upset about amnestying Bell is not using logic, they are using emotion. Bell was NEVER going to play on this team again, Lee and Biedrins are going to play 30+ minutes a night this year, and likely will be part of trade talks until the deadline, and again in next off-season. It's probably best for the Ws to play to their strengths and increase their trade value.

Lloyd Christmas
12-12-2011, 09:16 PM
Anybody upset about amnestying Bell is not using logic, they are using emotion.

Lets see what a neutral outsider thinks about this situation.

Hollinger on Jordan Situation

"Warriors exercise amnesty on Charlie Bell, rescind qualifying offer to Reggie Williams, cut Jeremy Lin, and sign DeAndre Jordan to a four-year, $43 million offer sheet: Thumbs down

This was the height of silliness. Golden State wasted its amnesty clause on a low-salary player and renounced its rights to a useful bench player, all to overpay a guy who they aren't getting anyway.

They should be so lucky. Jordan isn't worth $43 million or anything close to it; he's a nothing-but-dunks guy who makes too many turnovers, shoots 40 percent from the line and dozes off on defense. He's big, athletic and only 23 years old, so it's easy to see the potential. But even while shooting 68.6 percent last season his player efficiency rating was still below the league average. While Jordan makes spectacular plays he rarely makes the more common, mundane plays. Given the murmurs about his work habits, one wonders how he'll perform after he has been paid.

Meanwhile, the Warriors are now stuck with Andris Biedrins because they wasted their amnesty rights on Charlie Bell, and with Williams gone their only backcourt depth is rookie Klay Thompson.

The part that's really irksome, however, is the sheer desperation. Golden State isn't Minnesota or Memphis; the Warriors can get good free agents to come here. Why they went so hog wild over Jordan is a bit of a mystery."

Hollinger was so right on with this take....all the way up until the "Warriors can get good free agents to come here" part. He clearly lost touch with reality at the end there.

Scoots
12-12-2011, 09:27 PM
Clearly Hollinger isn't familiar with the Warriors ... Williams the "useful bench player" wasn't going to get much time on a team where the subs were going to be for D not O and where they used their first round pick at the same position, and he may still come back, or do you think he was talking about Lin or Bell? All of the talk about Jordan coming or not is moot, the question is who else were they going to amnesty? He seems to think they should have used it on Biedrins, but then what do we have at C?

They were going to amnesty bell or nobody ... assuming Biedrins wasn't part of a bigger deal like signing Chandler ... which he isn't. Once you get past the amnesty Bell or nobody part then making the Clips spend $11M and 1 year of Jordans career seems like a no brainer. The Clippers are always a time bomb and the Warriors just turned up the heat a little more.

Lloyd Christmas
12-12-2011, 09:34 PM
But how can you possibly know it was "Charlie Bell or nothing"? How do you know what the future holds? Getting a contract like Lee/Biedrins/Ellis off the books in the future might have been completely necessary due to injury or some other circumstance. The point is we now won't have that chance because we used the clause to clear 4 million in space this year to force the Clippers to pay a little bit more.

My worst fear (for the Warriors) is that this will come back to bite us and we will all look back at this move and realize then how completely short sited it was.

likemystylez
12-12-2011, 10:54 PM
this is almost more depressing than the lockout was

Bayareaboy
12-12-2011, 11:12 PM
It's like I've been saying forget DJ sign back Williams he can play the 1-3 spots sign dalembert and sign one or two other good rotation Players. I'd like Thornton back for one.
After that it's hope for the best and that this coaching staff is real

likemystylez
12-12-2011, 11:18 PM
I dont think it is official yet, klay thompson and jeremy tyler arent out there practicing which means they are still holding off on those guys in practice

robbnen#31
12-13-2011, 01:47 AM
So Scoot you are saying it was Bell or nothing, then why not save it? I'm sure there would be a better opportunity in the future to help the team with the amnesty clause than using it on Bell.

MackShock
12-13-2011, 02:00 AM
I dont think it is official yet, klay thompson and jeremy tyler arent out there practicing which means they are still holding off on those guys in practice

or they just havent signed their rookie contracts yet..

Monta is beast
12-13-2011, 02:02 AM
or they just havent signed their rookie contracts yet..

I would expect them to be signed tomorrow.

MackShock
12-13-2011, 02:21 AM
most likely...do rookie salaries count against the cap?

they should right?

otherwise they wouldve been signed before the DJ fiasco

djeller1139
12-13-2011, 02:42 AM
Yes, rookies count against the cap.

MackShock
12-13-2011, 02:59 AM
so tyler and thompson will be signed tomorrow then..

i dont know what they were thinking not signing their rookies before trying to land dj

likemystylez
12-13-2011, 11:03 AM
so tyler and thompson will be signed tomorrow then..

i dont know what they were thinking not signing their rookies before trying to land dj

they might want to keep the space open to sign some players, or to make a trade that they wouldnt be able to make otherwise. However- with the shortened training camp.... they are really up against it. I dont know if the rookies will be signed today. It would be nice to see them go after Landry, mcroberts, and another wing player. As of now the team has 8 guys under contract, they will have 10 with thompson and tyler. They really need a minimum of 13 probably 14 players to fill our a roster that will survive this compressed season.

Scoots
12-13-2011, 12:02 PM
Kwame Brown 1 year $7M is a Warrior.

Scoots
12-13-2011, 12:05 PM
They can only amnesty players currently under contract so the only players they can ever amnesty were players under contract when the CBA was agreed on. If they have a major injury issue there are elements of the CBA to protect teams, they can reach injury settlements and save the cap space, the players can retire and save the teams money. The Warriors decided they were not EVER going to amnesty Ellis, Curry, Wright, Lee, or Biedrins because all of them have trade value either in the players themselves or in their contracts or both.