PDA

View Full Version : Boycott the NBA

PraiseJesus
12-09-2011, 03:08 AM
I put up with the bickering and lockout BS.

Now the NBA is blocking trades...

This is ridiculous.

I won't be attending or watching any NBA games. The league is officially a joke and the small market owners have ruined my favorite sport.

310Casper
12-09-2011, 03:10 AM
As much as I hate to say it, I hope players do boycott and there is no season. Best way for stern to lose his job.

310Casper
12-09-2011, 03:10 AM
Small market teams would be the biggest losers too.

Lloyd Christmas
12-09-2011, 03:12 AM
Double post

Lloyd Christmas
12-09-2011, 03:12 AM
If Stern doesn't allow this trade or step down as commissioner then I will quit watching. I hate the Lakers too but this is a joke.

spreadeagle
12-09-2011, 03:13 AM
LOL Laker fans need to relax..You still got Kobe Gasol Bynum...Geez try following one of the other 20 teams who dont win most of the time

coryd238
12-09-2011, 03:13 AM
Jesus christ, you people don't understand anything do you? The Hornets are owned by the league, so everyone of the owners (I think, or maybe just the majority) have to agree to the trade. Obviously they didn't.

It wasn't Stern saying "UH OH SUPER TEAM! HE CAN'T GO TO LA LOLOL, PULLING THE PLUG!!!".

PraiseJesus
12-09-2011, 03:14 AM
LOL Laker fans need to relax..You still got Kobe Gasol Bynum...Geez try following one of the other 20 teams who dont win most of the time

Na its all good.

I won't be watching any teams.

Im done.

itsripcity32
gtfo op

PacersForLife
I'm not going to go that far, I waited all this time for the NBA and I could care less about the Hornets or Lakers...

gotoHcarolina52
12-09-2011, 03:15 AM
Don't let the door smack your ***** *** on the way out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYEzIS4JRpU

Cracka2HI!
12-09-2011, 03:15 AM
I liked you better when you we're a gangsta!

PraiseJesus
12-09-2011, 03:16 AM
Jesus christ, you people don't understand anything do you? The Hornets are owned by the league, so everyone of the owners (I think, or maybe just the majority) have to agree to the trade. Obviously they didn't.

It wasn't Stern saying "UH OH SUPER TEAM! HE CAN'T GO TO LA LOLOL, PULLING THE PLUG!!!".

That is complete BS

The owners are not GMs.

The GMs are hired to make those decisions. The owners are not qualified to make decisions about basketball talent.

That argument you made is complete BS.

The trade was blocked because they didn't want Paul going to the Lakers

Demon11
12-09-2011, 03:17 AM
Na its all good.

Im done.

Good, the less Laker fans the better.

If this we're the Kings or Warriors not able to get CP3 because of owners not agreeing, you wouldn't care at all. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

MrfadeawayJB
12-09-2011, 03:17 AM
yeah lets boycott the league lol. Because a Odom/Gasol swap is fair for paul

Sadds The Gr8
12-09-2011, 03:18 AM
Amazing story bruh

DodgerB24
PJ is always right. If you don't agree with him, he will smite you.

#TeamPJ

Demon11
That is complete BS

The owners are not GMs.

The GMs are hired to make those decisions. The owners are not qualified to make decisions about basketball talent.

This has honestly been the most idiotic post i have ever seen on this forum. May God have mercy on your soul.

BALLER R

and we got swept with that line up. There comes a time when your teams run is over and you need to tweak your roster to get back to being competitive.

PraiseJesus

If this we're the Kings or Warriors not able to get CP3 because of owners not agreeing, you wouldn't care at all. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Actually I would care.

But lets stop dealing with ridiculous hypotheticals here....

The NBA would never block the trade if it were the Kings or Warriors

samanjerry
reason numero juan not to watch nba

if fuking sucks ***. worst league to watch

Boozerguy47
12-09-2011, 03:19 AM
Seattle is way ahead of you on this. We've been doing it for years!

If Paul was on the Lakers I'd be more inclined to watch a game.

Demon11
12-09-2011, 03:20 AM
Actually I would care.

But lets stop dealing with ridiculous hypotheticals here....

The NBA would never block the trade if it were the Kings or Warriors

What if the salaries didn't match and the owners ended up paying more.

BKLYNpigeon
12-09-2011, 03:20 AM
The Deal for CP3 is not completely dead, its on hold.

Ovratd1up
12-09-2011, 03:21 AM
OCCUPY STAPLE CENTER

Oh wait, that's what we usually do. And will continue doing...

PraiseJesus
12-09-2011, 03:21 AM
Boycott

John Walls Era
12-09-2011, 03:23 AM
People need to calm down. Dan Gilbert and a bunch of owners were the ones who wanted this trade veto. Stern obviously should get some blame though.

5ass
12-09-2011, 03:23 AM
PraiseJesus blame it on GOD, how did he allow that to happen?! if i was you i would lose faith in all religion!

GODDAMN. laker fans stop overreacting.

PraiseJesus
12-09-2011, 03:30 AM
Its complete hypocrisy and ignorance.

Everyone complains about the Gasol/Kwame trade but real NBA guys --- those QUALIFIED to be making such deicisions, understood the value of Marc Gasol.

IF that trade was SOOOOO one sided, how do you think the Lakers would look with Marc Gasol and Bynum in the middle right now?

How easy would it be for them to trade Marc Gasol for CP3 at this point?

GMs are paid to do what they do because they understand basketball players better than the owners.

coryd238
12-09-2011, 03:30 AM
That is complete BS

The owners are not GMs.

........... :facepalm:

Once again: this will only happen to the Hornets because they're owned by the league. No other trades will vetoed.

COOLbeans
12-09-2011, 03:31 AM
PraiseJesus blame it on GOD, how did he allow that to happen?! if i was you i would lose faith in all religion!

GODDAMN. laker fans stop overreacting.

:facepalm: this is something david stern would say.

PraiseJesus
12-09-2011, 03:31 AM
boycott

PraiseJesus
12-09-2011, 03:36 AM
I got an idea, lets just trade CP3 to the Cavs then everything will be cool

coryd238
12-09-2011, 03:37 AM
There's ignorance all up in this *****.

Evolution23
Don't be mad cause u didn't get paul. Get over it

BALLER R
I wonder who all those Owners were

NYtilIdie
12-09-2011, 03:38 AM
Ugh, yeah you have fun with that.

310Casper
12-09-2011, 03:41 AM
Don't be mad cause u didn't get paul. Get over it

Irony coming from a Knicks fan :)

PraiseJesus
12-09-2011, 03:43 AM
Boycott

Jett2780
12-09-2011, 03:54 AM
How bout the people that wanna complain about the NBA just stop watching and talkin about it. And the rest of us will enjoy this great game and realize it's a game.Some of You guys get too worked up bout crap that fans have no control over.

Cal827
12-09-2011, 03:54 AM
I agree with throwing stuff at stern... also this will make other teams weary with dealing with the Hornets.. knowing that they have to deal with everyone else... they might just block the trade of an all star... E.g What if the Raptors make a deal for Paul.... would the other teams veto it just because it brings him to the Eastern Conference?

He's going to leave as a FA, and the team will be screwed, completely.

James Dolan
12-09-2011, 03:55 AM

I'll admit it here. I was one of them.

310Casper
12-09-2011, 03:56 AM
How bout the people that wanna complain about the NBA just stop watching and talkin about it. And the rest of us will enjoy this great game and realize it's a game.Some of You guys get too worked up bout crap that fans have no control over.

Beta male.

Hellcrooner
12-09-2011, 03:58 AM

1 dan gilbert

2 marc cuban

3 michael jordan.

those three are a sure shot, the envious, the corrupt ( i dont want a team to be able to beat me) and the selfish self absorbed prick ( im not allowing anybody to beat me on rings)

PraiseJesus
12-09-2011, 04:00 AM
Boycott

MTar786
12-09-2011, 04:01 AM
the league is a joke. stern needs to get fired..

PraiseJesus
12-09-2011, 04:01 AM

This

Mudvayne91
12-09-2011, 04:06 AM
:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

naps
12-09-2011, 04:10 AM

Yeah, but this league was fantastic AND Stern was the perfect commissioner when he approved the infamous Gasol gift and 2 titles as a result :rolleyes:

Anilyzer
12-09-2011, 04:10 AM

that's not true. The Hornets have a management team in place, tasked with running the team and given authority over it. There is no precedent for all the teams collectively having to vote to approve their front office moves, and not only is it a clear conflict of interest for the owners, all of whom have a stake in competing in the NBA, but it is just simply not in the structure of the NBA's ownership of the Hornets.

The league itself bought the Hornets, that is, the NBA offices assumed the debt structure of the Hornets, and are now seeking to sell it to another sucker owner like a Dan Gilbert laundry billionaire or whatever with $400M burning a hole in his pocket.

The owners are not all collectively part owners of the league office, and are not entitled to vote on the actions of the Hornets GM.

ridiculous

Game_Over
12-09-2011, 04:11 AM
You have got to be kidding me, boycott the NBA lmao hey Lakers fans that is what I am doing before this!! The NBA is a train wreck and it has been before this! Your just hurt because for once your team got hosed!! What about all the other teams that have been hosed by selfish players and ego's?? No Laker fan is crying over that, fact is if you want a great league like the NFL you have to have parity!! You can't have the players run the league and organizations!! Was this unfair probably but somewhere it has to end otherwise just have a 6 team NBA league and 24 farm teams! If your a Lakers fan of course your mad but seriously look at the championships you have won, be happy with it! This has to eventually be equal otherwise why have 30 teams? The best thing about the NFL is you can have a bad team and within two years you can turn it around!! Seriously Laker fan and the other Big market teams don't you for one minute think it is messed up if you have team you want to cheer for and want to win know that they will never have a chance because the system and players won't allow it!! I am boycotting the NBA but not because of this trade but because the mess the players have started and the unfair balance this league has become!! I will not watch until they fix it and I will cheer for Dallas or OKC to beat these wanna be super teams!! Boycott the NBA I love it cause it is broke and needs to be fixed but not the way Lakers fans want!!

Anilyzer
12-09-2011, 04:13 AM

Stern actually does seem like he wants to do the right thing, and understands that the marquee teams are the ones that generate revenue and butter his bread, and that this is also a fair deal. He just has to deal with this bizarre new wave of "occupy" or "tea party" owners this year.

Honestly, I think all these weird new hardline owners are just losing dollars right now and can't afford NBA ownership anymore. They are bitter, and just waiting to sell out their teams for a huge profit, but are ruining the league and destroying their own future profits in the meantime.

silrdr06
12-09-2011, 04:22 AM
You have got to be kidding me, boycott the NBA lmao hey Lakers fans that is what I am doing before this!! The NBA is a train wreck and it has been before this! Your just hurt because for once your team got hosed!! What about all the other teams that have been hosed by selfish players and ego's?? No Laker fan is crying over that, fact is if you want a great league like the NFL you have to have parity!! You can't have the players run the league and organizations!! Was this unfair probably but somewhere it has to end otherwise just have a 6 team NBA league and 24 farm teams! If your a Lakers fan of course your mad but seriously look at the championships you have won, be happy with it! This has to eventually be equal otherwise why have 30 teams? The best thing about the NFL is you can have a bad team and within two years you can turn it around!! Seriously Laker fan and the other Big market teams don't you for one minute think it is messed up if you have team you want to cheer for and want to win know that they will never have a chance because the system and players won't allow it!! I am boycotting the NBA but not because of this trade but because the mess the players have started and the unfair balance this league has become!! I will not watch until they fix it and I will cheer for Dallas or OKC to beat these wanna be super teams!! Boycott the NBA I love it cause it is broke and needs to be fixed but not the way Lakers fans want!!

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: Couldnt have said it better myself......Although I prolly could have formatted it better. You wanna compete with the NFL? Check what works hint: parity****

PraiseJesus
12-09-2011, 04:28 AM

The NBA has done this to themselves.

They are the ones that made and agreed to the rules of NBA and now they don't want to follow them.

The Lakers already have to jump through hoops and turn away players like Ariza and Shannon brown because of rules. They cant sign free agent because of rules. They can only make trades if they fit within certain rules.

THe lakers thread the needle just to put a worthwhile team on the floor and this is what happens.

This issue will not go away ever.

PLayers want to be In los Angeles and NYC. That is true for all pro sports. PLayers also want to be on winning teams. Thats not going to change either.

What the NBA has done is basically said, you players will play where we allow you to for an amount that we dictate reasonable.

Its absolute madness.

Boycott the NBA

Hellcrooner
12-09-2011, 04:32 AM
Yeah, but this league was fantastic AND Stern was the perfect commissioner when he approved the infamous Gasol gift and 2 titles as a result :rolleyes:

that gift wich included a player that is gonna get some max offers this offseason?

don'tfireNedCo
12-09-2011, 04:37 AM
That is complete BS

The owners are not GMs.

lmao you don't have a clue of how businesses are run, do you? GM is a COO. a Chief Operating Officer. COOs must report to a CEO, or stockholders. all transactions that require more financing always has to be ran by, and approved by those who own the company, in this case, the other 29 owners.

when you get old enough to be in the real world and either work for, or own a company or two, then you will get it. don't let the door hit you on the way out. bye bye.

it's hilarious how these laker fans react, where were all the outrage when NBA blatantly fixed the game 6 of 2002 lakers vs kings western conference finals? people were urging the congress to review the fix against the kings for that game and what did laker fans do then? oh well. karma's a *****.

iam brett favre
12-09-2011, 04:40 AM
I made this thread like a month ago

PraiseJesus
12-09-2011, 04:45 AM
lmao you don't have a clue of how businesses are run, do you? GM is a COO. a Chief Operating Officer. COOs must report to a CEO, or stockholders. all transactions that require more financing always has to be ran by, and approved by those who own the company, in this case, the other 29 owners.

when you get old enough to be in the real world and either work for, or own a company or two, then you will get it. don't let the door hit you on the way out. bye bye.

it's hilarious how these laker fans react, where were all the outrage when NBA blatantly fixed the game 6 of 2002 lakers vs kings western conference finals? people were urging the congress to review the fix against the kings for that game and what did laker fans do then? oh well. karma's a *****.

YOu are the illinformed one.

There is a reason that the Nets owners, some Russain software guy, is not qualified to make NBA trade or judge talent.

Because its not what he does.

GMs are hired to make those decisions. Of course Owners have the power to nix deals etc ---- but if thats the case, they why dont they be the GMS themselves?

The owners dont have enough information on the quality of players, the way in which teams will be consructed/coached or how young talent may develop to make educated and logical decisions on these matters.

Any decision made by owners to veto an agreed upon trade is purely emotional and irrational

Kevj77
12-09-2011, 04:45 AM
that gift wich included a player that is gonna get some max offers this offseason?Not only Marc, but if anyone closely examines the trade it got them the cap space to trade for Zach and two first round picks. It allowed the Griz to rebuild quickly. It is just Laker hate. At the time trading for Pau was so unfair Pop wanted it vetoed. Now a few years later Pau and Odom aren't worth CP3 and the NBA actually did veto the deal.

I wanted LA to keep Pau and thought we gave up too much, now I'm just pissed that the deal was cancelled because it was to the Lakers and for no other reason. That is what really has me pissed off.

don'tfireNedCo
12-09-2011, 04:50 AM
YOu are the illinformed one.

There is a reason that the Nets owners, some Russain software guy, is not qualified to make NBA trade or judge talent.

Because its not what he does.

GMs are hired to make those decisions. Of course Owners have the power to nix deals etc ---- but if thats the case, they why dont they be the GMS themselves?

The owners dont have enough information on the quality of players, the way in which teams will be consructed/coached or how young talent may develop to make educated and logical decisions on these matters.

Any decision made by owners to veto an agreed upon trade is purely emotional and irrational

lmao your opinion of how a business should be conducted has 0 relevance.
my manager can plan all the marketing events for my office she wants, I own the business and I approve what gets done and what doesn't. :facepalm:

PraiseJesus
12-09-2011, 04:50 AM
Not only Marc, but if anyone closely examines the trade it got them the cap space to trade for Zach and two first round picks. It allowed the Griz to rebuild quickly. It is just Laker hate. At the time trading for Pau was so unfair Pop wanted it vetoed. Now a few years later Pau and Odom aren't worth CP3 and the NBA actually did veto the deal.

I wanted LA to keep Pau and thought we gave up too much, now I'm just pissed that the deal was cancelled because it was to the Lakers and for no other reason. That is what really has me pissed off.

Exactly

That trade was great for Memphis. The only people that understood that were the PROFESSIONALS who make those judgments for a living.

Privately, us Lakers fans knew the value of Marc Gasol and so did other GMs.

Kwame brown and his salaray relief was very valuable at the time too because there werent many other expiring contracts around.

The ignorance of people baffles me sometimes

ankit
12-09-2011, 04:52 AM
I dont get this nba nonsense like really wouldnt the Hornet be better getting a ton of players like they are getting kevin Martin Louis Scola and Lamar Odom and draft picks like really. How should Houston and LAkers deal with the unmotivated playes in respected teams when they now know they werent needed anymore. What the hell is wong with David Stern, Dan Gilbert and MArk Cuban I bet you if paul would be going to their teams and this trade was rejectd they would make a big fuss. Seirously im just going to tune into football and hockey, screw the NBA it is turning into a nuisance basketball league. Really this is the last thing NBA needed after alockout and belive me their ratings will go down even more. PLus what do the HOrnets do now they are not going to get such a packag anymore and you really think thee is any chance in hell Paul signs back with Neworleans after this. He is going to not change his mind about getting traded to any damn team and signing an extension and if he stays in Orleans when he turns into a free agent he will leave for nothing. David Stern really fu88d neworleans the most in this because the lakers will stay the same houston will stay the same but NEworleans is going to loose a guy for nothing. Tell me if Pal gets traded to the knicks if there is any chance how he hell would that deal be valid. Wouldnt it aggrevate the fanbase even more. David stern is a dum jew, usually most jews are smart and make good business descions but not him loll.

iam brett favre
12-09-2011, 04:52 AM
Your putting "us Laker fans" and "gms" in the same sentence like they ask for your advice..

don'tfireNedCo
12-09-2011, 04:54 AM
Your putting "us Laker fans" and "gms" in the same sentence like they ask for your advice..

LOL lakerfans are the most egocentric sports fans i have ever known in nearly 40 years of my life. every one of them! :mad:

PraiseJesus
12-09-2011, 04:55 AM
lmao your opinion of how a business should be conducted has 0 relevance.
my manager can plan all the marketing events for my office she wants, I own the business and I approve what gets done and what doesn't. :facepalm:

3 teams agreed t oa trade that fit within all nba rules. Full power was given to NOH GM to make a trade that best benefit the team and he got a great deal.

All of that planning and work was orverturned after the fact simply because a few small market owners dont want CP3 in LA

They want CP3 in their markets.

Its a complete conflict of interest on top of everything.

How about we lineup all the players in a row like fantasy draft and let Gilbert and Cuban pcik which team gets waht palyer?

PleaseBeNice
12-09-2011, 04:55 AM
please get smacked on the way out. later

naps
12-09-2011, 04:57 AM
that gift wich included a player that is gonna get some max offers this offseason?

It was a gift whatever way you wanna twist it. Marc Gasol was a nobody in nba 4 years ago (and he's not worth the max even though he might get it).

Mudvayne91
12-09-2011, 04:57 AM
3 teams agreed t oa trade that fit within all nba rules. Full power was given to NOH GM to make a trade that best benefit the team and he got a great deal.

All of that planning and work was orverturned after the fact simply because a few small market owners dont want CP3 in LA

How about we lineup all the players in a row like fantasy draft and let Gilbert and Cuban pcik which team gets waht palyer?

Boycott!

bringinwood
12-09-2011, 04:58 AM

The funniest part is how he pretends that Laker's fans knew who Marc Gasol was let alone his value... :laugh:

The fact that anyone claims to have said that deal was equal is beyond funny...

Lastly, to boycott the NBA because David Stern won't allow the owners to collectively break the law is absurd...

Laker's fans might be mad, but imagine what would happen if they traded for Chris Paul and then had a judge mandate that the trade be rescinded along with a hefty settlement the way of the players directly after a lockout that nearly cancelled an entire season...

David Stern would be breaking the law if he blocked a team's competitive balance by unnecessarily blocking a trade... He would only do it if it violated law or the CBA...

Ebbs
Lolz league is better off because of this

don'tfireNedCo

and that is the 29 owners fault? who set up the system? why did the hornets go bankrupted? still don't get it do you? you can only see through your purple and yellow shades. good night kid. someday you'll have a career and maybe, just maybe you'll understand how these things work.

last stand
12-09-2011, 04:59 AM
Lolz league is better off because of this

yet if chris paul was traded to dallas it would have been ok

PraiseJesus
12-09-2011, 04:59 AM
It was a gift whatever way you wanna twist it. Marc Gasol was a nobody in nba 4 years ago (and he's not worth the max even though he might get it).

He was a nobody to you becasue yo uarent a professional NBA executive or scout.

Us Laker fans knew that Marc Gasol was TEARING UP the euro leagues and so did GMs around the league.

Just because you are ignorant doesnt mean Memphis is

iam brett favre
12-09-2011, 05:00 AM
LOL lakerfans are the most egocentric sports fans i have ever known in nearly 40 years of my life. every one of them! :mad:

The funniest part is how he pretends that Laker's fans knew who Marc Gasol was let alone his value... :laugh:

Lastly, to boycott the NBA because David Stern won't allow the owners to collectively break the law is absurd...

Laker's fans might be mad, but imagine what would happen if they traded for Chris Paul and then had a judge mandate that the trade be rescinded along with a hefty settlement the way of the players directly after a lockout that nearly cancelled an entire season...

David Stern would be breaking the law if he blocked a team's competitive balance by unnecessarily blocking a trade... He would only do it if it violated law or the CBA...

:clap: 2 great posts, very rare for Nba forum

naps
12-09-2011, 05:00 AM

Good observation. I tend to agree to a degree (There are some pretty good ones ofcourse so I won't say every one of them).

PraiseJesus
12-09-2011, 05:02 AM

There were multiple threads about Marc Gasol in the PSD lakers forum when we had him. His stats were incredible and we were all salivating at the chance of him getting to the USA and playing for the Lakers.

Many of us knew how good he was going to be.

Dont blame your ignorance on us

bringinwood
12-09-2011, 05:02 AM

Us Laker fans knew that Marc Gasol was TEARING UP the euro leagues and so did GMs around the league.

You knew as much as my asshair...

LA, collectively, gasped at how ridiculous that trade was at the time...

I can't think of one fan ( Laker or not ) that said, Memphis got equal compensation for Pau... To say you were the one just makes you look really, really, reaaaaaaaalllly stupid...

numba1CHANGsta
12-09-2011, 05:03 AM
I want all of you to pretend your team was in the Lakers situation, it isnt fair, everyone should boycott if it doesnt go through, owners should have no right to veto a trade only the owners involved in the trade!

don'tfireNedCo
12-09-2011, 05:03 AM
^lol a kid who doesn't understand that OWNERS have the right to refuse to foot the bill of their managers say "don't blame your IGNORANCE" now i have seen everything.

naps
12-09-2011, 05:04 AM

LMAO! How old are you? If I was ignorant on this one then the entire country was ignorant. You must not followed NBA when it happened. It was a travesty. Entire nation reacted to this. You must have missed it.

Again if you wanna boycott the NBA just because you didn't get another gift then go do it. No need to make a thread and let this forum know you are boycotting because NBA won't be affected by your absence. No one cares.

bringinwood
There were multiple threads about Marc Gasol in the PSD lakers forum when we had him. His stats were incredible and we were all salivating at the chance of him getting to the USA and playing for the Lakers.

Many of us knew how good he was going to be.

Dont blame your ignorance on us

Fine...

You knew...

The other 300 million Americans didn't...

You should be the next GM of Pablo's taco stand... You sure as hell aren't an NBA GM... :laugh:

ClippersE.G
aaah the joke that is the NBA. Whats next? We all know something is coming, but what? David Stern quits and leaves this mess to someone else?

PraiseJesus

I can't think of one fan ( Laker or not ) that said, Memphis got equal compensation for Pau... To say you were the one just makes you look really, really, reaaaaaaaalllly stupid...

The news taht MArc Gasol was included didnt break till days after the trade was announced.

At that point - I understood the trade was fair.

The expiring contract of kwame along with a young A+ center stud was a fair trade.

iam brett favre
12-09-2011, 05:05 AM

:laugh:
No him and Jack Nicholson hated to see Marc Gasol go....

bringinwood
12-09-2011, 05:05 AM
I want all of you to pretend your team was in the Lakers situation, it isnt fair, everyone should boycott if it doesnt go through, owners should have no right to veto a trade only the owners involved in the trade!

The owners, collectively, own the Hornets... They have every right to... This is the problem...

ClippersE.G
12-09-2011, 05:06 AM
awww once again the NBA has its fans fighting against each other. Meanwhile the players are hoping there is some kinda stoppage again so they can play XBOX all day

naps
12-09-2011, 05:07 AM

Agreed 100%. They knew Marc Gasol was gonna be a star in 2012 :facepalm:

Lakers fans are the most ridiculous ones ever in sports history. What I have seen today from their reaction is unprecedented. They are mad over something they don't have. smh...

PraiseJesus
12-09-2011, 05:07 AM
LMAO! How old are you? If I was ignorant on this one then the entire country was ignorant. You must not followed NBA when it happened. It was a travesty. Entire nation reacted to this. You must have missed it.

Again if you wanna boycott the NBA just because you didn't get another gift then go do it. No need to make a thread and let this forum know you are boycotting because NBA won't be affected by your absence. No one cares.

Fine...

You knew...

The other 300 million Americans didn't...

You should be the next GM of Pablo's taco stand... You sure as hell aren't an NBA GM... :laugh:

Thats why there are PROFESSIONALS who are paid to do their jobs.

The collective public is vastly misinformed and controlled by what talk show hosts and ESPN says about things.

The "outrage" by the public was unwarranted because the deal was VERY FAIR.

The truth here is that people just hate the Lakers because they run their franchise so well.

don'tfireNedCo
12-09-2011, 05:08 AM
awww once again the NBA has its fans fighting against each other. Meanwhile the players are hoping there is some kinda stoppage again so they can play XBOX all day

who's duplicate account are you? never seen you in clipper forum and every real clipperfan knows eric gordon's initials he prefers to use is EJ as eric junior. go return to your laker name and its forum

numba1CHANGsta
12-09-2011, 05:10 AM
The owners, collectively, own the Hornets... They have every right to... This is the problem...

It sounds like fantasy basketball when all the owners in the league veto a trade lmao BUT my point is that why did they veto it? IT WAS A FAIR TRADE!

ClippersE.G
12-09-2011, 05:10 AM

The collective public is vastly misinformed and controlled by what talk show hosts and ESPN says about things.

The truth here is that people just hate the Lakers because they run their franchise so well.

People hate the Lakers like they hate the Yankees. There is no use in arguing. They will always argue against anyone pro Lakers in anything. They are called contrarians. If the Heat were good and had any titles, their haters would attempt to do the same thing.

Most of the people happy this trade didnt go through are fans of teams that suck, or fans of teams the Lakers always beat.

DaBear
12-09-2011, 05:11 AM
How about the NBA just dies? This league is a ****ing joke from the players to the commissioner.

Start a new league. I don't care if my favorite team is a big market and players would want to come here. I'm sick and tired of hearing about the next trio that will join only to leave 90% of the league weak as hell. What the hell is the point of watching?

naps
12-09-2011, 05:11 AM
Haha...this kid is mad. I know how pathetic it is when you make a thread to let people know you are boycotting NBA over a trade which was legally blocked by the owners of the NO franchise.

And still crying out loud here on an NBA forum. Boycott already!

bringinwood
12-09-2011, 05:12 AM

I'll put it to you this way...

If you thought that trade was fair at the time, you are more misinformed than any public audience...

The fact that Marc Gasol found his inner Gasol after he got traded and started producing long after he was traded doesn't mean that the trade was fair...

At the time of the trade, this was the most lopsided trade in NBA history... The fact that it worked out, somewhat, for the Grizzlies is just a blessing in disguise...

iam brett favre
12-09-2011, 05:12 AM
It sounds like fantasy basketball when all the owners in the league veto a trade lmao BUT my point is that why did they veto it? IT WAS A FAIR TRADE!

Is it really hard to understand the trade wasnt vetoed because it was unfair?

Hellcrooner
12-09-2011, 05:13 AM

mmmmm excuse me.....:rolleyes:

and before you wast some time on a moronic response.

i live in spain and was plainly aware of what marc was.

ClippersE.G
12-09-2011, 05:14 AM
who's duplicate account are you? never seen you in clipper forum and every real clipperfan knows eric gordon's initials he prefers to use is EJ as eric junior. go return to your laker name and its forum

Are you questioning my Clipper fandom because I am pissed at the debacle from today? Really? Eric JR? I want to Call him EG whats your problem? Clipper fans like you that hate the Lakers just because they are our neighbors and more succesful is stupid. Let me guess in an ideal scenario you would rather the Heat get Cp3 and titles instead of the Lakers right?

**** that. I am from L.A

bringinwood
12-09-2011, 05:15 AM

Technically, it is a violation of anti-trust law...

Stern would have asked for a vote if it wasn't...

Bid rigging comes to mind...

The only way Stern outright blocks this deal is because it's against the CBA or against the law...

If Stern allows the trade to go through, he faces possible litigation from the NBAPA...

Plus, Stern undoubtably loses his job...

naps
12-09-2011, 05:15 AM

If you thought that trade was fair at the time, you are more misinformed than any public audience...

The fact that Marc Gasol found his inner Gasol after he got traded and started producing long after he was traded doesn't mean that the trade was fair...

At the time of the trade, this was the most lopsided trade in NBA history... The fact that it worked out, somewhat, for the Grizzlies is just a blessing in disguise...

Don't waste your time bro.

PraiseJesus
12-09-2011, 05:17 AM

Again... that was YOUR opinion.

Look back in time KWame Brown was the best expiring contract avaiable which led to Zach Randolph signing and other players.

Marc Gasol was coveted by the Lakers. They were not going to trade him unless it was for Pau or other superstar.

Boom done. End of story.

I knew the trade was fair when I learned Marc was in the deal. Its not my fault u were too misinformed to understand that

don'tfireNedCo
12-09-2011, 05:18 AM
Are you questioning my Clipper fandom because I am pissed at the debacle from today? Really? Eric JR? I want to Call him EG whats your problem? Clipper fans like you that hate the Lakers just because they are our neighbors and more succesful is stupid. Let me guess in an ideal scenario you would rather the Heat get Cp3 and titles instead of the Lakers right?

**** that. I am from L.A

lol self-proclaimed clipper fan who has never posted in clipper forum. :facepalm:

naps
mmmmm excuse me.....:rolleyes:

and before you wast some time on a moronic response.

i live in spain and was plainly aware of what marc was.

Your response doesn't count when it comes to a Spanish player. You should know this by now. To you every Spanish player is better than Michael Jordan. So don't waste your time on this topic.

LAOwnsAll15
You guys should realize, that the media is the only one hyping all of this up. They release articles and quotes from people that they know will get a reaction.

Isnt it ironic that a deal involving the NBA's golden team the Lakers and this years top player is happening on the verge of a new CBA that was trying to avoid this exact situation.

They are testing how far they can push their limits under this new CBA, the NBAPA needs to stand up for what they "fought" for during the negotiations.

bringinwood
12-09-2011, 05:19 AM
Just so everyone gets this...

It is absolutely ILLEGAL for Stern to outright block a trade just because he feels like it...

It has to be illegal or violate the terms of the collective bargaining agreement...

Don't you think the NBAPA would file a grievance, in court, on behalf of Chris Paul ???

Stern has no right to block the Los Angeles Lakers right to be competitive in their marketplace...

Blocking a trade for the hell of it, clearly, does that...

Stern isn't going to put his job on the line because he decided that he would start moderating trades and only allowing the ones that are fair to be processed...

That's insane...

PraiseJesus
12-09-2011, 05:22 AM
Your response doesn't count when it comes to a Spanish player. You should know this by now. To you every Spanish player is better than Michael Jordan. So don't waste your time on this topic.

Marc Gasol was destroying the Euro league at like 18.

Good scouting and basketball knowldege can go a looooong way in finding guys like that.

Look at the Lakers who got Kobe (a 13th pick) for Vlade Divac!

Look at OKC who got Durant at #2 when the entire planet apparently KNEW oden was the best player.

Give me a break.

Dan Giblert has no crebility regarding basketball trades just like cheerleaders can draw up a football play

Iron24th
12-09-2011, 05:23 AM
If Stern doesn't allow this trade or step down as commissioner then I will quit watching. I hate the Lakers too but this is a joke.

This is it,people need to understand that this is not about the Lakers as much as they hate them,it's about freedom in jeopardy in general for the players.

iam brett favre
12-09-2011, 05:24 AM
You guys should realize, that the media is the only one hyping all of this up. They release articles and quotes from people that they know will get a reaction.

Isnt it ironic that a deal involving the NBA's golden team the Lakers and this years top player is happening on the verge of a new CBA that was trying to avoid this exact situation.

They are testing how far they can push their limits under this new CBA, the NBAPA needs to stand up for what they "fought" for during the negotiations.

Ok Jesse Ventura.

bringinwood
12-09-2011, 05:29 AM
I just saw the Chris Paul vs the NBA thread...

See, you have a chance LA fans...

If Stern was wrong, Paul will be a Laker and Stern will get fired... Plus, Paul might gain a monetary settlement from the owners...

If Stern was right, the NBA will find a suitor for the Hornets as soon as possible so this situation doesnt happen again...

Kevj77
12-09-2011, 05:29 AM
Again... that was YOUR opinion.

Look back in time KWame Brown was the best expiring contract avaiable which led to Zach Randolph signing and other players.

Marc Gasol was coveted by the Lakers. They were not going to trade him unless it was for Pau or other superstar.

Boom done. End of story.

I knew the trade was fair when I learned Marc was in the deal. Its not my fault u were too misinformed to understand thatNobody will believe you that Marc wasn't just a throw in. In fact the Grizzlies knew a lot about Marc he played high school ball in Memphis and practiced at the facility when Pau was a Grizzly.

They won't even bother to understand that the Memphis only wanted Kwame because he was the biggest available expiring contract or that LA gave up two first round picks.

All you will ever hear about the Pau trade is that it was for Kwame Brown like they actually wanted Kwame and not his contract. Nobody will mention that as a result Memphis got Marc Gasol and Zach Randolph with two first round picks.

Naw Memphis had no idea what it was doing and that was just luck.

seikou8
12-09-2011, 05:30 AM
lakers fan need to shutup the **** up it sover get over it

PraiseJesus
12-09-2011, 05:53 AM
Boycott

SD_Clippers
12-09-2011, 06:34 AM
Long time lurker, this thread made me bite the bullet and sign up just so I can respond.

Why is it so hard to understand since the league owns the Hornets they would've been forced to pay the extra $15 million coming in from the contracts. The owners are essentially paying to watch the team they are competing against get better. Why does every Laker fan I know is out crying that the league is against them.

Laker fans are acting as if the owners are now going to veto any trade now. Today has shown how delusional some of you guys are.

Sportfan
12-09-2011, 07:15 AM
Lulz, see all of you "boycotting" on Christmas!

bringinwood
12-09-2011, 07:19 AM
Long time lurker, this thread made me bite the bullet and sign up just so I can respond.

Why is it so hard to understand since the league owns the Hornets they would've been forced to pay the extra $15 million coming in from the contracts. The owners are essentially paying to watch the team they are competing against get better. Why does every Laker fan I know is out crying that the league is against them.

Laker fans are acting as if the owners are now going to veto any trade now. Today has shown how delusional some of you guys are.

For Laker's fans I understand the frustration...

They are trying to find some justification and realistically, there is a perfectly justifiable reason for all of it...

The NBA isn't "against" the Lakers...

Stern isn't playing "sheriff"...

It's the unaffiliated fans that are buying into the entire Lakers against the world mentality that has me baffled...

onlythisfar41
12-09-2011, 07:33 AM
Its complete hypocrisy and ignorance.

Everyone complains about the Gasol/Kwame trade but real NBA guys --- those QUALIFIED to be making such deicisions, understood the value of Marc Gasol.

IF that trade was SOOOOO one sided, how do you think the Lakers would look with Marc Gasol and Bynum in the middle right now?

How easy would it be for them to trade Marc Gasol for CP3 at this point?

GMs are paid to do what they do because they understand basketball players better than the owners.

Oh come on. At the time of that trade there was no way you could know that Marc Gasol was going to turn into a good player or not. He was a prospect and like any prospect they can fail.

But to trade a huge star in Pau for ****ing Kwame and the possibility of a good player was ********. That will forever go down as the most lopsided trade in history.

If you werent a Laker fan you would say the exact same thing.

Get over it, the Paul deal didnt happen. Youre still the ****ing Lakers, you should feel lucky to call them your team.

PhillyFaninLA
12-09-2011, 08:20 AM
In all these boycott threads in the past I've made some sarcastic comment implying not only would it not work but is a bad idea.

This time I'm behind the idea. You don't block a trade that is within league rules, that is the sole purpose of trade approvals is does this trade follow trade guidelines and doing this on the day of the CBA signing is perfect symbolism.

The lockout happened because bad business men lost money for there franchises by miss running 2/3 of the franchises in the league and then they pressure a spineless commissioner (who I have defender quite a few times) and he violated the CBA himself as well as those owners by not allowing the deal.

Dolfan305
12-09-2011, 08:24 AM
OK, all 5 of you can boycott the NBA. That should tell em.

Angelus™
12-09-2011, 10:40 AM
Even if you hate the Lakers, you have to agree that its ******** to allow an owner to dictate where players are allowed to go

jiggin
12-09-2011, 10:50 AM
Nothing changes. The lockout was partially about the league becoming more competitive and star players not all ending up in big market teams...yet...that is what is happening again.

I am all for "boycotting" the NBA but its because nothing has changes from the lockout. Bigmarkets continue to get all-star players...small market teams suffer and the league is less competitive...

Don't people want to see a fair and balanced league instead of a handful of huge market teams winning in the playoffs like always with all the household names going to the same teams over and over again...

Sorry...that is a ****** pro sport...NFL is not like that and VERY successful in viewership and profit.

tcav701
12-09-2011, 11:02 AM
This is it,people need to understand that this is not about the Lakers as much as they hate them,it's about freedom in jeopardy in general for the players.

FREEDOM?!?!?!?!?

So Odom freely chose to go to NO and was happy about the trade????

OR Gasol to HOU???

You are a moron.

If CP3 wants "freedom" he needs to play out the year in NO. Untill then he is under contract.

nickdymez
12-09-2011, 11:17 AM
yeah lets boycott the league lol. Because a Odom/Gasol swap is fair for paul

That wasn't trade genius

ShakeN'Bake
12-09-2011, 11:39 AM
That is complete BS

The owners are not GMs.

ummm owners always have ultimate say about what happens to their franchise.

avon_barksdale
12-09-2011, 11:42 AM
That is complete BS

The owners are not GMs.

nah homeboy the trade was blocked cuz the nBA OWNS the hornets. they shouldnt be allowed to trade playz

JordansBulls
12-09-2011, 11:44 AM
You guys would be doing what the owners wanted. They didn't want a season and it is the players that would suffer.

ghettosean
12-09-2011, 11:50 AM

Actually the owners complained to Stern and he stopped the deal to prevent another juggernaut team. The point is that this was a great deal for New Orleans I mean Odom, Martin and Scola, Dragic and 2 draft picks. They are not getting a better deal than that which is a crazy amount of compensation for losing Paul. This deal was denied to prevent Paul from joining up with Dwight in L.A it's clear and simple to see that. That is what bothers me is that this deal was not done in the interest of the Hornets franchise or there fans it was done in the interest of the owners and Stern.

I feel bad for Hornets fans because they are getting screwed big time as well as L.A!

ayuntalo
12-09-2011, 12:01 PM
i dare the OP and the guys who are with him to go on with the boycott lol
too much BS going on in the NBA, and now BS from fans lol
i understand you guys are upset, but come on..im sure you will still be watcing the NBA

dont speak if your mouth is full....of nonsense!

king4day
12-09-2011, 12:15 PM
Actually the owners complained to Stern and he stopped the deal to prevent another juggernaut team. The point is that this was a great deal for New Orleans I mean Odom, Martin and Scola, Dragic and 2 draft picks. They are not getting a better deal than that which is a crazy amount of compensation for losing Paul. This deal was denied to prevent Paul from joining up with Dwight in L.A it's clear and simple to see that. That is what bothers me is that this deal was not done in the interest of the Hornets franchise or there fans it was done in the interest of the owners and Stern.

I feel bad for Hornets fans because they are getting screwed big time as well as L.A!

This is one of the smartest posts regarding this whole fiasco.
While getting Paul probably leads to Howard as well, I do really feel for Hornets fans. They actually would be much better if the trade goes down.

I think in the end, it will, just more pieces will be shipped to LA.

RIPSweetness34
12-09-2011, 12:39 PM
That is complete BS

The owners are not GMs.

Dude, quit crying and get over it. The Lakers didn't have something go there way for once, oh my god the world is ending. What does it matter if the owners are GM's or not? Who signs the checks and hires the GM's? You think GM's anywhere in the NBA make moves without checking with their owner first? No, thats absolutely rediculous. The point he was making is that since the Hornets are a league owned team, then the owners get a say in this matter. And who is to say the Lakers didn't tell the Hornets GM "Hey, I know things are looking shaky over there, but if you lose that job we have one for you over here. I mean, how would this trade make the Hornets better? I'm sure someone else could make a better deal for Chris Paul. What's next, Bynum for Howard straight up?

THE_G.O.A.T.
12-09-2011, 12:40 PM
If the NBA owners own the Hornets collectively don't the teams owners have a right to veto any trade, especially if they have a financial consideration involved? Quit crying Lakers fans! I think you all should boycott the NBA, and you should start by stopping your stupid *** posts on here.

mttwlsn16
12-09-2011, 12:45 PM

hahaha, ned :hi5:

RIPSweetness34
12-09-2011, 12:45 PM
Just so everyone gets this...

It is absolutely ILLEGAL for Stern to outright block a trade just because he feels like it...

It has to be illegal or violate the terms of the collective bargaining agreement...

Don't you think the NBAPA would file a grievance, in court, on behalf of Chris Paul ???

Stern has no right to block the Los Angeles Lakers right to be competitive in their marketplace...

Blocking a trade for the hell of it, clearly, does that...

Stern isn't going to put his job on the line because he decided that he would start moderating trades and only allowing the ones that are fair to be processed...

That's insane...

Thank you...:clap:

RIPSweetness34
12-09-2011, 12:47 PM
If the NBA owners own the Hornets collectively don't the teams owners have a right to veto any trade, especially if they have a financial consideration involved? Quit crying Lakers fans! I think you all should boycott the NBA, and you should start by stopping your stupid *** posts on here.

X2, ****ing cry babies

daleja424
12-09-2011, 12:47 PM
no thanks.

I am appalled at the ***** *** owners who forced this to happen.... and even more appalled that Stern let it happen... but despite that... its NBA time!!

don'tfireNedCo
12-09-2011, 07:19 PM

hey what can you do. it is what it is. welcome to the forum and hope you come by and post in our little home. the true clipper fans will enjoy another real fan of this franchise. since your name is SD clippers, I'm assuming you are an old-timer clipper fan like me. we can use more clipper vet fans who can remember all the ups and downs...downs... and more downs we have had.

Gram
12-09-2011, 07:50 PM
That wasn't trade genius

Nice grammar, genius.

Cal827
12-09-2011, 07:54 PM
My question is.... what the hell was the Rocket GM smoking that he dissect his roster with one move and send off their first round pick this year? lol

Gram
12-09-2011, 07:55 PM
Lol @ the Laker fans. Especially the OP. Lol.

Gram
12-09-2011, 07:55 PM
My question is.... what the hell was the Rocket GM smoking that he dissect his roster with one move and send off their first round pick this year? lol

Agreed.

DLeeicious
12-09-2011, 07:58 PM
You're really gonna round up lots of support posting this in an NBA forum.

rickspeedfan
12-10-2011, 09:41 PM
in these tough economic times when many americans are struggling. A time when the average working person could use a little entertainment, the elite have taken us back to the early 1990's. How can any thinking person continue to support these PRO PLAYERS or the NBA.

ManRam
12-10-2011, 10:17 PM
People are overreatcing about the NBA blocking this trade...they control the team, they can do it. It's a unique scenario. The problem is WHY they blocked it...

But hate it or love it, the storylines are too great to ignore it. I bet that every single person that says they're boycotting it won't.

jewno
12-10-2011, 10:18 PM
I put up with the bickering and lockout BS.

Now the NBA is blocking trades...

This is ridiculous.

I won't be attending or watching any NBA games. The league is officially a joke and the small market owners have ruined my favorite sport.

who cares?

ldawg
12-10-2011, 10:28 PM
That block trade will hurt the NBA. If that trade does not go trough i am done with the NBA. This has to be one of if not the worst moments in NBA history. They had the right to do what they did but the fact that they did it and the reason they did it is very unethical. I think stern should loose his job for that move. I will now question everything he does. He misused his power, fines he will hand out to get back at players and owners and most feared of all how games will be called. Will he help small market teams win games over big markets? His character is now in question. In the past i have seen players not get calls and had to fight for a fear fight only to receive a heavy fine for speaking the truth of bias officiating. It is now clear stern was the driven force behind it all. He should fine himself and be removed. He has cast a dark shadow over the NBA and all moves he makes will be questioned. At his position he can not be bias balanced or not toward small market or larger markets. Fans determine the Market not the players. As good of a team Miami had last year fans had to be ask to sit in there seats while sorry Knicks had a full house. Who knew Ariza and Shannon before they were a Laker? Some things you have no control over. Fans drive big markets and big markets drive the NBA.

ClippersE.G
12-10-2011, 10:42 PM
No NBA, Boycott The NBA. NBA, Boycott The NBA.

:facepalm:

Iodine
12-10-2011, 10:53 PM
Can I boycott religion instead?

gaughan333
12-10-2011, 11:08 PM
yes, and i will join you

Iodine
12-10-2011, 11:08 PM
<3

Mudvayne91
12-10-2011, 11:10 PM
Anything that makes Laker fans pissed, I'm generally for.

heyman321
12-10-2011, 11:10 PM
That block trade will hurt the NBA. If that trade does not go trough i am done with the NBA. This has to be one of if not the worst moments in NBA history. They had the right to do what they did but the fact that they did it and the reason they did it is very unethical. I think stern should loose his job for that move. I will now question everything he does. He misused his power, fines he will hand out to get back at players and owners and most feared of all how games will be called. Will he help small market teams win games over big markets? His character is now in question. In the past i have seen players not get calls and had to fight for a fear fight only to receive a heavy fine for speaking the truth of bias officiating. It is now clear stern was the driven force behind it all. He should fine himself and be removed. He has cast a dark shadow over the NBA and all moves he makes will be questioned. At his position he can not be bias balanced or not toward small market or larger markets. Fans determine the Market not the players. As good of a team Miami had last year fans had to be ask to sit in there seats while sorry Knicks had a full house. Who knew Ariza and Shannon before they were a Laker? Some things you have no control over. Fans drive big markets and big markets drive the NBA.

Thanks for leaving, don't let the door hit you in the vagina on the way out.

mike_noodles
12-10-2011, 11:49 PM
That is complete BS

The owners are not GMs.

Obviously you don't get it. An example, last year the Raps and Cats made a trade, even told the players the deal was done. Michael Jordan (part owner of the Cats) swooped in at the last minute and nixed the deal. Any owner, as long as they are not a silent partner can veto any trade right up until the commissioners office has given it the stamp of approval.

ldawg
12-11-2011, 12:00 AM
Thanks for leaving, don't let the door hit you in the vagina on the way out.Nba will make fools of you feed U what bs they want. You can go ahead and be ignorant.

Demon11
12-11-2011, 12:42 AM
Anything that makes Laker fans pissed, I'm generally for.

x2

FOBolous
12-11-2011, 06:20 AM
By nixing the Chris Paul trade, he screwed over THREE teams. Now, there's a strong possibility that New Orleans might lose Chris Paul for nothing. NO team is going to be offer anything nearly as good as New Orleans was going to get from the Lakers and the Rockets. If the trade would've went through, this would've been New Orleans' lineup:

PG - Jarred Jack
SG - Kevin Martin
SF - Trevor Ariza
PF - Luis Scola
C - Emeka Okafor

6th man- Lamar Odom.

That is a playoff team...EASILY. In fact, i think that team is actually BETTER than New Orleans' current team with Chris Paul. No small market team is going to be able to offer anything that will come close to matching that.If any small market team try to offer anything comparable, they risk losing everything for a 1 year rental because Chris Paul is not going to resign with them. Big market teams who are able to come close to matching that are not going to due to what happened.

LA got screwed because they now have two disgruntled star. Odom was so disgruntled that LA was forced to trade him to Dallas for basically nothing.

Houston got screwed because Houston was planning to pair up Pau Gasol and Nene in the front court which would've been lethal. But obviously, that's not happened.

Thanks David Stern...for screwing THREE teams and for screwing up the NBA.

While it's not the individual team's fault that David Stern nixed the trade and that it might be unfair to punish the individual team, what David Stern did was WRONG. It is beyond wrong. Just griping among ourselves and on the internet is not going to do anything. The ONLY way for David Stern to know how wrong he is and for the NBA to take necessary action to make all this up is for them to FEEL how mad the fans are and the ONLY way for the NBA to actually "feel" the fan's anger is for us to hurt their pocketbooks.

What do yall say? Let's show the NBA how angry we are at what happened. Let's tell the NBA it's time for David Stern to retire. BOYCOTT the NBA. Don't go to any of the games and don't purchase any officially licensed NBA products. Who's with me?!!?!

spreadeagle
12-11-2011, 06:40 AM
Bayless on my Raptors mang

NJhaslopezfever
12-11-2011, 06:46 AM
Replace Bayless with Jarrett Jack. and you got an err.....Playoff Team???

Doubt it.

NJhaslopezfever
12-11-2011, 06:52 AM
it will be what the bucks are in the east. continually 10th/9th/8th, never making a splash and have no where to go.

hidalgo
12-11-2011, 06:53 AM
that NO team doesn't look that good, fighting for the 8th seed at best. the nba is in charge of NO, and they had every right to not trade paul. they don't want all the best players on the same teams. don't worry, lakers will get dwight, they always get their little way. babies. they already had a superteam(kobe gasol odom bynum)and quit on it after 1 playoff loss, cowards. that team was still a major threat. 0 loyalty to gasol odom and bynum after winning 2 titles and getting there 3 straight years. the lakers are ungrateful punks. have fun getting 0 credit on the lakers dwight. shaq won 3 straight finals mvps there, no loyalty to him either. they pretend he wasn't ever there basically cause kobe hated him cause he was better than kobe

nycclipse110
12-11-2011, 06:56 AM
how the hell would that team ever make the playoffs ?

hidalgo
12-11-2011, 07:02 AM
how the hell would that team ever make the playoffs ?

they probably wouldn't. at least with paul it was a fact he could get them there

GrandDaddyPurp
12-11-2011, 07:05 AM
I'm glad the trade didn't go through and could care less about the three teams involved so with that being said...No, I'm not with you.

jmeeks42
12-11-2011, 07:07 AM
Jarred Jack.

CityofChaos
12-11-2011, 07:11 AM
let's boycott PSD for the fact that there are too many posters who can't get it through their thick skull that David Stern and the League OWN the Hornets.

jmeeks42
12-11-2011, 07:18 AM
it will be what the bucks are in the east. continually 10th/9th/8th, never making a splash and have no where to go.

Kendrick is legit.

Seriously though, I agree with this comment. Decent squad, going nowhere.

Also, even with this trade collapsing it looks like the Lakers will more than likely land Dwight Howard. No reason to be too upset at this point.

NJhaslopezfever
12-11-2011, 07:38 AM
Kendrick is legit.

Seriously though, I agree with this comment. Decent squad, going nowhere.

Also, even with this trade collapsing it looks like the Lakers will more than likely land Dwight Howard. No reason to be too upset at this point.

1. i know :)

2. its not really that theyre going nowhere, but their trapped with contracts and lack of options. especially with the league looking to sell up the team. its looking more and more likely that the hornets will be contracted.

3. for a nets fan there is :(

magichatnumber9
12-11-2011, 07:54 AM
No thank You I'm really in need for some NBA mayn..............

NYtilIdie
12-11-2011, 11:25 AM
Yeah....no.

LOOTERX9
12-11-2011, 11:37 AM
Im happy stern stopped the trade. The damn lakers would have gotten both paul and howard. That would have ruined me

jimbobjarree
12-11-2011, 11:42 AM
I'm glad the trade didn't go through and could care less about the three teams involved so with that being said...No, I'm not with you.

purp nailed it

Raps18-19 Champ
12-11-2011, 11:44 AM
Did I just see him say a lineup of

PG - Jarred Jack
SG - Kevin Martin
SF - Trevor Ariza
PF - Luis Scola
C - Emeka Okafor
6th - Lamar Odom

is a playoff team?

:laugh2:

Stern didn't do anything wrong. He acted as an owner and didn't like that deal. So he said no. And frankly, why would he? He gets 3 30 year old for a superstar. Everyone knows if you trade a superstar, you get rebuilding pieces back or another star.

BigCityofDreams
12-11-2011, 11:49 AM
So you don't care that the Hornets won't get anything for Paul and will suffer as a franchise.

Raps18-19 Champ
12-11-2011, 11:54 AM
So you don't care that the Hornets won't get anything for Paul and will suffer as a franchise.

So because Stern rejected the Lakers trade, that means the Hornets can't make another deal? :rolleyes:

Paul will be out of NO before the deadline. And they'll get a better package than Scola, Martin and Odom.

ink
12-11-2011, 11:57 AM
Anyone who wants to boycott over this should go ahead and boycott. Maybe we'll be left with fans who understand the game.

ink
12-11-2011, 11:59 AM

So because Stern rejected the Lakers trade, that means the Hornets can't make another deal? :rolleyes:

Paul will be out of NO before the deadline. And they'll get a better package than Scola, Martin and Odom.

Exactly. Picking up aging players does nothing for the Hornets' future. Nothing. People can't see that because they're buying all the stupid media hype about how "awful" it is that the deal was squashed.

NEWSFLASH: the deal needed to be squashed because it sucked.

Regarding the league being a joke? It was already a joke with the loophole riddled CBA they just re-negotiated.

LOOTERX9
12-11-2011, 12:02 PM

UMM No

ManRam
12-11-2011, 12:04 PM
Anyone who wants to boycott over this should go ahead and boycott. Maybe we'll be left with fans who understand the game.

Amen.

But, I don't think a single person here actually will boycott anything. As upset as we may be, the league still is too exciting to not watch...there are too many great story lines to root for or against.

Heatcheck
12-11-2011, 12:13 PM

4 yrs later.

But im sure they new exactly what gasol would turn into, all that great gametape he had.

who u kidding

Gormans Mic
12-11-2011, 12:19 PM
lol Lakers fans......as awful and stupid what Stern did is.....He did you a favor.

Heatcheck
12-11-2011, 12:20 PM
you cant find a buyer for a team with poor attendance AND no superstar.

You think theyre gonna sell tickets with a bunch of 3o yr olds on the court, how do you pitch that to a potential buyer?

This isn't GS by any stretch.

Fabian43
12-11-2011, 12:20 PM
Did I just see him say a lineup of

PG - Jarred Jack
SG - Kevin Martin
SF - Trevor Ariza
PF - Luis Scola
C - Emeka Okafor
6th - Lamar Odom

is a playoff team?

Stern didn't do anything wrong. He acted as an owner and didn't like that deal. So he said no. And frankly, why would he? He gets 3 30 year old for a superstar. Everyone knows if you trade a superstar, you get rebuilding pieces back or another star.

you are letting your distaste for big market teams and/or the lakers affect your judgement. from a basketball perspective, this was a fine trade for NO. They have only 6 players on contract. they get back 3 starters of whom can actually play, a young backup pg who can develop and a 1st round pick. I'm not saying they can't get another good offer somewhere else…but to say this deal 'sucks' is plain ignorant

Jamiecballer
12-11-2011, 12:25 PM
^ no kidding. they get 3 players who all can be in the conversation for all-star in a given year. that's a better team than they had before the trade.

ccugrad1
12-11-2011, 12:45 PM
you are letting your distaste for big market teams and/or the lakers affect your judgement. from a basketball perspective, this was a fine trade for NO. They have only 6 players on contract. they get back 3 starters of whom can actually play, a young backup pg who can develop and a 1st round pick. I'm not saying they can't get another good offer somewhere else…but to say this deal 'sucks' is plain ignorant

I agree 100%. Kevin Martin alone, if you go based on PPG, averaged nearly 8 more points a game than Chris Paul at 23.3 PPG. Add in Scola and Odom who averaged 18.1 and 14.4 PPG, you are adding nearly 56 PPG to your team. I'd say that's pretty darn good for a guy who obviously does not want to be in New Orleans.

I think more so than anything, people are over-valuing Chris Paul a bit.

don'tfireNedCo
12-11-2011, 12:51 PM
how the hell is being an 8th seed veteran team is a good thing? only laker fans will say such bull since they don't know what basketball purgatory looks like. no real shot at improvement, miss out on lottery, perennial 1st round exit?

laker fans, stop *****ing and quit nba already. keep your words and boycott permanently. nba will be so much more fun without you.

PraiseJesus
12-11-2011, 10:05 PM
Boycott

PraiseJesus
12-11-2011, 10:06 PM
By nixing the Chris Paul trade, he screwed over THREE teams. Now, there's a strong possibility that New Orleans might lose Chris Paul for nothing. NO team is going to be offer anything nearly as good as New Orleans was going to get from the Lakers and the Rockets. If the trade would've went through, this would've been New Orleans' lineup:

PG - Jarred Jack
SG - Kevin Martin
SF - Trevor Ariza
PF - Luis Scola
C - Emeka Okafor

6th man- Lamar Odom.

That is a playoff team...EASILY. In fact, i think that team is actually BETTER than New Orleans' current team with Chris Paul. No small market team is going to be able to offer anything that will come close to matching that.If any small market team try to offer anything comparable, they risk losing everything for a 1 year rental because Chris Paul is not going to resign with them. Big market teams who are able to come close to matching that are not going to due to what happened.

LA got screwed because they now have two disgruntled star. Odom was so disgruntled that LA was forced to trade him to Dallas for basically nothing.

Houston got screwed because Houston was planning to pair up Pau Gasol and Nene in the front court which would've been lethal. But obviously, that's not happened.

Thanks David Stern...for screwing THREE teams and for screwing up the NBA.

While it's not the individual team's fault that David Stern nixed the trade and that it might be unfair to punish the individual team, what David Stern did was WRONG. It is beyond wrong. Just griping among ourselves and on the internet is not going to do anything. The ONLY way for David Stern to know how wrong he is and for the NBA to take necessary action to make all this up is for them to FEEL how mad the fans are and the ONLY way for the NBA to actually "feel" the fan's anger is for us to hurt their pocketbooks.

What do yall say? Let's show the NBA how angry we are at what happened. Let's tell the NBA it's time for David Stern to retire. BOYCOTT the NBA. Don't go to any of the games and don't purchase any officially licensed NBA products. Who's with me?!!?!

Im with you

Boycott Osama Bin Stern

PraiseJesus
12-11-2011, 10:09 PM

Really???

What an arrogant and ignorant statement.

PraiseJesus
12-11-2011, 10:10 PM
Amen.

But, I don't think a single person here actually will boycott anything. As upset as we may be, the league still is too exciting to not watch...there are too many great story lines to root for or against.

You are 100% wrong.
I boycotted MLB becasue of Frank McCourt and a lot of fans joined me

I will be doing the same for the NBA

PraiseJesus
12-11-2011, 10:11 PM
I agree 100%. Kevin Martin alone, if you go based on PPG, averaged nearly 8 more points a game than Chris Paul at 23.3 PPG. Add in Scola and Odom who averaged 18.1 and 14.4 PPG, you are adding nearly 56 PPG to your team. I'd say that's pretty darn good for a guy who obviously does not want to be in New Orleans.

I think more so than anything, people are over-valuing Chris Paul a bit.

This is someone that understand basketball.

The owners and David Stern don't understand this--- thats why they aren't paid to construct basketball teams or make trades.

ink
12-11-2011, 10:20 PM
Really???

Yes really. Those who want to boycott should go ahead. The only fans that seem enraged are the star followers. The actual game will improve if that type of fan is replaced by people who love the game and not the stars.

Dolfan305
12-11-2011, 10:22 PM
please boycott the NBA and never come back to this forum. Nobody will miss you.

Tmath
12-11-2011, 10:25 PM

this.

don'tfireNedCo
12-11-2011, 10:27 PM
Really???

What an arrogant and ignorant statement.

yes. everyone of your posts in this thread are exactly that. really.

JollyRanch
12-11-2011, 10:30 PM
Stern has to go bye bye

NYtilIdie
12-11-2011, 10:30 PM
Im with you

Boycott Osama Bin Stern

Did you honestly just compare David Stern to a national terrorist?

PraiseJesus
12-11-2011, 10:32 PM
Yes really. Those who want to boycott should go ahead. The only fans that seem enraged are the star followers. The actual game will improve if that type of fan is replaced by people who love the game and not the stars.

You are spoken like a true fool.

You didnt quote the part of my post where I said ignorant and arrogant also because the post above is the same way.

Blindly following a team or sport is not what being a fan is.... Thats called being a tool.

I boycotted the Dodgers and did thousands of other fans ----- not because we arent true fans --- but because we ARE true fans.

Its because of mindless tools that keep going to games or watching a sport no matter what that make the owners feel invincible and act like dictators.

THye got it backwards man

WE CONTROL THE SPORT, not owners

without fans there would be no NBA, no Dodgers etc.

So Stern wants to start openly FIXING the sport of basketball after proven corruption of the refs and a effing lockout ---- THEN GO AHEAD

but I won't be watching and I think many many fans will do the same thing.

Stern needs to go. The NBA is falling apart in my opinion

ink
12-11-2011, 10:37 PM
but I won't be watching and I think many many fans will do the same thing.

OK good.

PraiseJesus
12-11-2011, 10:37 PM

Because I speak the truth?

PraiseJesus
12-11-2011, 10:39 PM
OK good.

Nice job responding to only 1 part of my long post...

I guess the only part you had any type of response to.

Bravo "true fan Ink"

Anon
12-11-2011, 10:41 PM
Gotta love Laker fans. First time they are not allowed to steal another teams best player and the fans want a boycott.

VinceGully
12-11-2011, 10:44 PM
No thanx. You go ahead. That would be one less Laker fan.:D

PraiseJesus
12-11-2011, 10:46 PM
Gotta love Laker fans. First time they are not allowed to steal another teams best player and the fans want a boycott.

Steal a player?

You are soo ignorant and ridiculous I don't even know what to say.

don'tfireNedCo
12-11-2011, 10:47 PM
OK good.

i second this.

go ahead and perma boycott it already

arkanian215
12-11-2011, 10:49 PM
Na its all good.

Im done.

Bye.:flag:

PraiseJesus
12-11-2011, 10:50 PM
i second this.

go ahead and perma boycott it already

This post comes to you form a guy named "DontFireNedCo"

Ned Colletti is undeniably the worst GM in MLB

don'tfireNedCo
12-11-2011, 10:57 PM
This post comes to you form a guy named "DontFireNedCo"

Ned Colletti is undeniably the worst GM in MLB

lol youngfella has no idea how i got the name. my screen name was fireNedColletti. got stuck with it over a joke when the admin refused to change it back after a few days of dup account.

btw aren't you supposed to be boycotting?

PraiseJesus
12-11-2011, 11:00 PM
lol youngfella has no idea how i got the name. my screen name was fireNedColletti. got stuck with it over a joke when the admin refused to change it back after a few days of dup account.

btw aren't you supposed to be boycotting?

Great story....

I am boycotting the NBA genius.

I usually go to around 10 laker games a year and watch most nationally televised games

That will not be happening

LOOTERX9
12-11-2011, 11:01 PM
I'd rather boycott the STEROID league aka MLB. Those records are worthless now.

don'tfireNedCo
12-11-2011, 11:01 PM
Great story....

I am boycotting the NBA genius.

I usually go to around 10 laker games a year and watch most nationally televised games

That will not be happening

boycotting NBA means you end all your activities that has to do with NBA. and yes, the staple center will really miss you...:rolleyes:

NYMetros
12-11-2011, 11:02 PM
Good riddance.

CityofTreez
12-11-2011, 11:02 PM
Just do all of sports a favor and "boycott" all of them.

Cal827
12-11-2011, 11:03 PM
I'd rather boycott the STEROID league aka MLB. Those records are worthless now.

Yup, but at least guys like Ryan Braun and Jose Bautista will lead the new generation out of the steriods era :D oh wait..

PraiseJesus
12-11-2011, 11:05 PM
boycotting NBA means you end all your activities that has to do with NBA. and yes, the staple center will really miss you...:rolleyes:

What activites of the NBA am I doing ya freaking dink?

Im writing posts on ProSportsDaily.com?

Promoting a boycott nonetheless??

u got to be joking

PraiseJesus
12-11-2011, 11:06 PM
Just do all of sports a favor and "boycott" all of them.

eff u

PraiseJesus
12-11-2011, 11:06 PM
Good riddance.

piss off

Cal827
12-11-2011, 11:07 PM
L.o.l

NE Sportsfan
12-11-2011, 11:08 PM
90% *****ing and moaning in here are Laker fans. You didn't get Paul, get over it.

PraiseJesus
12-11-2011, 11:10 PM
90% *****ing and moaning in here are Laker fans. You didn't get Paul, get over it.

I am getting over it --- by boycotting the NBA because its actively fixed by the Owners

Why dont u watch the WWF also man?

don'tfireNedCo
12-11-2011, 11:10 PM
What activites of the NBA am I doing ya freaking dink?

Im writing posts on ProSportsDaily.com?

Promoting a boycott nonetheless??

u got to be joking

no what you are doing is *****ing and whining. boycott it already.

don'tfireNedCo
12-11-2011, 11:11 PM
I am getting over it --- by boycotting the NBA because its actively fixed by the Owners

where were you when kings got shafted by your team in 2002 western conference finals? too young then to boycott the fixed league?:facepalm:

PraiseJesus
12-11-2011, 11:12 PM
no what you are doing is *****ing and whining. boycott it already.

U are confusing 2 different hings. One has nothing to do with the other.

Cal827

On a side note, how do you feel about the Sacremeto-LA series about a decade ago when the Kings were up 3-2 in the series, and it was determined that Tim Donahgy was the ref for that game, which had a large difference in free throws favoring LA?

NE Sportsfan

I don't watch it because I'm not a naive 7 year old like you.