PDA

View Full Version : NBA Fans Should Officially Forgive LeBron James For Walking Out on Dan Gilbert

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-09-2011, 02:28 AM
I think after what has transpired over the past few months with the lockout, and now with what has all transpired today, and now knowing the likes of Robert Sarver, Dan Gilbert, Michael Jordan etc.

LeBron James was not wrong in walking out on Dan Gilbert. Yes, "The Decision" was stupid, but we overlook that in that LeBron James made the correct basketball and business decision in leaving Cavs' ownership and management (a team not willing to do what it took to win) and going to a team witha great owner in Mickey Arison.

Down with incompetent owners (not necessarily small market owners)!

Arch Stanton
12-09-2011, 02:34 AM
I think after what has transpired over the past few months with the lockout, and now with what has all transpired today, and now knowing the likes of Robert Sarver, Dan Gilbert, Michael Jordan etc.

LeBron James was not wrong in walking out on Dan Gilbert. Yes, "The Decision" was stupid, but we overlook that in that LeBron James made the correct basketball and business decision in leaving Cavs' ownership and management (a team not willing to do what it took to win) and going to a team witha great owner in Mickey Arison.

Interesting how you're okay with it NOW because it apparently affects your team. If you think Gilbert is responsible for not allowing Paul to join your team then I would think players would want to flock to Cleveland (which they're not). If Gilbert really has that much power to not only affect the lockout but the control of the Hornets he's a PRETTY DAMN GOOD OWNER!

RevisIsland
12-09-2011, 02:37 AM
I'll never forgive LeBron the person. I love watching LeBron the basketball player, and if he wanted to leave he had every right to do so. I personally don't think he should have, but I'm not him. The way he did it though was just the most classless thing I've ever seen an athlete do. He knew he was going to Miami, he quit on his team, he did the whole charade of meeting a bunch of teams, he gave Cleveland no chance to recuperate. What's worse is that he's shown no remorse. I'll never forgive LeBron as a person.

SportsAndrew25
12-09-2011, 02:37 AM
He is right. Dan Gilbert did nothing to give Lebron a better chance to win. Lebron was surrounded by flotsam in his time in Cleveland. He made that team significantly better. No surprise the Cleveland went into the crapper once he left. The roster surrounding Lebron was not built to win championships. If Donald Sterling were not owner of the Clippers, Gilbert would be the worst owner in basketball. He is a extremely close #2 in my humble opinion.

Young2Kinsler
12-09-2011, 02:38 AM
Gilbert is an idiot on this topic of the CP3 trade, but he has every right to be bitter at LeBron James over the pageantry of "The Decision"

Arch Stanton
12-09-2011, 02:40 AM
He is right. Dan Gilbert did nothing to give Lebron a better chance to win. Lebron was surrounded by flotsam in his time in Cleveland. He made that team significantly better. No surprise the Cleveland went into the crapper once he left. The roster surrounding Lebron was not built to win championships. If Donald Sterling were not owner of the Clippers, Gilbert would be the worst owner in basketball. He is a extremely close #2 in my humble opinion.

A Knicks fan talking about crappy owners and crappy franchises... :facepalm:

Arch Stanton
12-09-2011, 02:42 AM
Gilbert is an idiot on this topic of the CP3 trade, but he has every right to be bitter at LeBron James over the pageantry of "The Decision"

I hope you really don't think that Gilbert altered the ultimate decision.

SportsAndrew25
12-09-2011, 02:42 AM
A Knicks fan talking about crappy owners and crappy franchises... :facepalm:
Bro, I am not talking about my team. I know my owner is a **** head. You do not have to remind me. We are talking about an owner who did nothing to help his star player succeed. Do not crap on me because I am point out facts.

Cal827
12-09-2011, 02:44 AM
If Howard leaves Orlando the way he might, then I think many will forgive Lebron. Say what you want about him "quitting" in that last Celtic game, but Howard might not freaking report to practice.

SportsAndrew25
12-09-2011, 02:44 AM
Oh by the way, my team actually managed to win championships.

Sadds The Gr8
12-09-2011, 02:46 AM
Interesting how you're okay with it NOW because it apparently affects your team. If you think Gilbert is responsible for not allowing Paul to join your team then I would think players would want to flock to Cleveland (which they're not). If Gilbert really has that much power to not only affect the lockout but the control of the Hornets he's a PRETTY DAMN GOOD OWNER!

this. /thread

Arch Stanton
12-09-2011, 02:49 AM
Bro, I am not talking about my team. I know my owner is a **** head. You do not have to remind me. We are talking about an owner who did nothing to help his star player succeed. Do not crap on me because I am point out facts.

I disagree... you can state that his approach failed because he tried to cater too much to his star, but saying he did nothing to help his star is absolutely ridiculous. The fact that he's had some undesirable published material over the past couple years proves he's passionate about his team and wants to win. My problem is Knick fans passing judgement on poor management (not that it was intentional).

Arch Stanton
12-09-2011, 02:50 AM
Oh by the way, my team actually managed to win championships.

How long ago was that?

BKLYNpigeon
12-09-2011, 02:51 AM
why? Lebron started this whole big 3 BS.

Arch Stanton
12-09-2011, 02:53 AM
If Howard leaves Orlando the way he might, then I think many will forgive Lebron. Say what you want about him "quitting" in that last Celtic game, but Howard might not freaking report to practice.

I actually agree with this. Howard seemed to give LeBron, Wade, and Bosh a hard time about the super team. At least within the drama of the game. Maybe it's all show? And seemed annoyed that people figured he was leaving the Magic. I don't want to pass judgement on him just yet but if he follows a similar path he'll only come across as a hypocrite.

PacersForLife
12-09-2011, 02:54 AM
If LeBron did everything the complete opposite of the way he did it, maybe. The fact that that one little decision followed by Chris Bosh has changed the whole league really makes matters worse. It is a mess because of them and what happened today with Chris Paul. I understand where players are coming from, they want to win of course, but to change the league they grew up watching and loving?.... not worth it, they need to learn not to be sellouts, it just goes to show they know they can't do it themselves. Reggie Miller is a prime example of what they should have done, Reggie never won a championship, he could have easily went somewhere else, but he stuck with his team. You didn't see him crying about not winning a championship or demanding trades or talent should be put around him. True pros know what loyalty means. At the end of the day its loyalty over championships.... You leave a bigger legacy winning as the main star, rather than winning with multiple stars. Nobody today is talking about how Kevin Garnett was the reason the Celtics won, because he couldn't do it himself, same goes for Pierce and Allen.

mdm692
12-09-2011, 02:54 AM
F### Gilbert its not about him lebron walked out on a whole city who has nothing to cheer for(sports wise) he was god to them and he quit on them and on the entire team. Then he appears on national tv and makes a mockery of those same fans.

CityofChaos
12-09-2011, 02:56 AM
How long ago was that?

38 years ago :D

Arch Stanton
12-09-2011, 02:57 AM
If LeBron did everything the complete opposite of the way he did it, maybe. The fact that that one little decision followed by Chris Bosh has changed the whole league really makes matters worse. It is a mess because of them and what happened today with Chris Paul. I understand where players are coming from, they want to win of course, but to change the league they grew up watching and loving?.... not worth it, they need to learn not to be sellouts, it just goes to show they know they can't do it themselves. Reggie Miller is a prime example of what they should have done, Reggie never won a championship, he could have easily went somewhere else, but he stuck with his team. You didn't see him crying about not winning a championship or demanding trades or talent should be put around him. True pros know what loyalty means. At the end of the day its loyalty over championships.... You leave a bigger legacy winning as the main star, rather than winning with multiple stars. Nobody today is talking about how Kevin Garnett was the reason the Celtics won, because he couldn't do it himself, same goes for Pierce and Allen.

Great points!

Arch Stanton
12-09-2011, 02:58 AM
38 years ago :D

Were you even alive then. I know I wasn't.

Teeboy1487
12-09-2011, 02:59 AM
Honestly Lebron did not deserve all that hate everyone gave him. He did not deserve any of it and I have been saying this since it happened.

More-Than-Most
12-09-2011, 02:59 AM
People should have let it go 2 seconds after he said he was leaving. The way he went about the decision was terrible but he was a free agent... Being a free agent he earned the right to go wherever he wants. Why people get mad that he left is beyond me.

gotoHcarolina52
12-09-2011, 03:00 AM
Who would you rather have as a boss this (http://ttroshow.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/gilbert.jpg) guy or this (http://worldredeye.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/Dwyane-Wade-Micky-Arison2.jpg) guy?

Teeboy1487
12-09-2011, 03:02 AM
The one to the right for me. The other one looks like a robocop.

ThunderousDemon
12-09-2011, 03:04 AM
No players are going to want to play for an owner like Dan Gilbert after the stunt he pulled today.

Cal827
12-09-2011, 03:06 AM
I actually agree with this. Howard seemed to give LeBron, Wade, and Bosh a hard time about the super team. At least within the drama of the game. Maybe it's all show? And seemed annoyed that people figured he was leaving the Magic. I don't want to pass judgement on him just yet but if he follows a similar path he'll only come across as a hypocrite.

:speechless: We agree on something? That's it. 2012 is real. I'm heading to the bomb shelter with waffles, a blanket a frying pan, some tin foil and my collection of fancy cheeses and awaiting the end. Just kidding man :D lol

What is wrong with these guys? At least play during and wait for an outcome, but hopefully he changes his mind.

Arch Stanton
12-09-2011, 03:08 AM
No players are going to want to play for an owner like Dan Gilbert after the stunt he pulled today.

They won't have a choice if they're drafted! And does it matter who the owner is? Players don't want to play in Cleveland Unless they're overpaid which Gilbert will provide that for them. I'm glad to have a passionate owner. Look at Mark Cuban.

ThunderousDemon
12-09-2011, 03:11 AM
They won't have a choice if they're drafted! And does it matter who the owner is? Players don't want to play in Cleveland Unless they're overpaid which Gilbert will provide that for them. I'm glad to have a passionate owner. Look at Mark Cuban.

Your Owner isn't passionate just a crybaby still butt hurt over the Lebron James fiasco. David Stern already gave you the First and third picks of the first round if I'm not mistaken.

Arch Stanton
12-09-2011, 03:18 AM
Your Owner isn't passionate just a crybaby still butt hurt over the Lebron James fiasco. David Stern already gave you the First and third picks of the first round if I'm not mistaken.

You're mistaken! If our owner is a "crybaby" as you stated then he's passionate because he shows emotion unlike our owner of the Indians. And if David Stern gave us picks then your suggesting that the league is fixed. And if it's fixed then why haven't the Cavs EVER won a championship? And you're also mistaken in thinking that they Cavs had the 1st and 3rd picks... it was the 1st and 4th picks.

Lake_Show2416
12-09-2011, 03:31 AM
ya im not surprised Lebron booked it, no1 will ever want to play for this owner unless they get extremely overpaid, he's a joke

Big Zo
12-09-2011, 03:42 AM

Teams aren't loyal to players, so why should players have to be loyal to teams? All of what you wrote sounds nice when you're living in the merry ole land of OZ, but this is the real world.

Arch Stanton
12-09-2011, 03:46 AM
ya im not surprised Lebron booked it, no1 will ever want to play for this owner unless they get extremely overpaid, he's a joke

That was the case regardless.... so why shouldn't he voice his opinion? Players don't want to play in Cleveland anyways. So I guess it all works out then? Keep hating!

Arch Stanton
12-09-2011, 03:47 AM
Teams aren't loyal to players, so why should players have to be loyal to teams? All of what you wrote sounds nice when you're living in the merry ole land of OZ, but this is the real world.

The NBA is the real world? When can I collect my fat 8 million dollar a year check for riding the bench? Hook me up in the REAL WORLD!

James Dolan
12-09-2011, 03:48 AM
Dan was completely in the right. How could he possibly not be incensed? Lebron forced him to
sign/make trades for borderline hof'ers in Larry Hughes and Antawn jamison. Then Lebron
just up and left the team for no good reason.

Cal827
12-09-2011, 03:50 AM
Dan was completely in the right. How could he possibly not be incensed? Lebron forced him to
sign/make trades for borderline hof'ers in Larry Hughes in Antawn jamison. Then Lebron
just up and left the team for no good reason.

:laugh:.. .Dolan, what do you think of Eddy Curry? I guess he didn't live up to your expectations eh?

James Dolan
12-09-2011, 03:52 AM
:laugh:.. .Dolan, what do you think of Eddy Curry? I guess he didn't live up to your expectations eh?

I honestly wanted to pay him more. I saw a transcendental Shaq like
talent in Eddy. It's very unfortunate he didn't pan out. Sometimes I
wonder if maybe paying him more would've motivated him to
play like a superstar.

Big Zo
12-09-2011, 03:54 AM
The NBA is the real world? When can I collect my fat 8 million dollar a year check for riding the bench? Hook me up in the REAL WORLD!

When you grow to be at least 6 feet tall, become black (if you aren't already), and develop some sort of basketball skill. Baby momma drama is always a plus.

USMCLaker
12-09-2011, 03:55 AM

There is nothing to forgive Lebron did nothing wrong except make a douche out of himself with "The Decision" fiasco.

Cal827
12-09-2011, 03:57 AM
I honestly wanted to pay him more. I saw a transcendental Shaq like
talent in Eddy. It's very unfortunate he didn't pan out. Sometimes I
wonder if maybe paying him more would've motivated him to
play like a superstar.

:clap:, well everyone makes mistakes, at least you guys look ready to go now. What a great response to go to sleep on... Later ******, see you all in the aftermath of this site tomorrow! :D

naps
12-09-2011, 03:59 AM
Interesting how you're okay with it NOW because it apparently affects your team.

THIS^^.
SMH Lakers fans...

I actually thing Dan Gilbert's e-mail was absolutely right. The first thing he did after July 8, 2010. Congrats Dan!

Yunqn
12-09-2011, 04:15 AM

Hawkize31
12-09-2011, 04:31 AM
How much would you pay to get a video of Gilbert's reaction to the decision? That would be freaking priceless.

Arch Stanton
12-09-2011, 04:32 AM
When you grow to be at least 6 feet tall, become black (if you aren't already), and develop some sort of basketball skill. Baby momma drama is always a plus.

Oh I see... that's the real world. Sounds racist!

Hawkize31
12-09-2011, 04:34 AM
Oh also, I am a huge Lebron fan, and I will totally admit the Decision was a terrible PR move for Lebron. I don't think he realized how bad it was. But its over. Its been a year, he still doesn't have a championship, we can move on.

CityofTreez
12-09-2011, 04:44 AM
Oh also, I am a huge Lebron fan, and I will totally admit the Decision was a terrible PR move for Lebron. I don't think he realized how bad it was. But its over. Its been a year, he still doesn't have a championship, we can move on.

Not 100% sure, but I thought he just recently had an interview with Rachel Nichols explaining it wasn't the "best" move. I thought he acknowledged it wasn't the "best" decision.

iam brett favre
12-09-2011, 04:46 AM
In most cases id respect a player more for taking less money to try and win somewbere, but nah **** LeBron

ClippersE.G
12-09-2011, 04:58 AM
**** Lebron James. He started all this mess and now it seems we are at the point of no return.