PDA

View Full Version : If LA doesn't get Paul or Howard...

Ecko72jc
12-09-2011, 02:27 AM
Can they contend with other super teams?

Raid3r4lif3
12-09-2011, 02:29 AM
I believe so but with LO and Pau having hurt feelings who knows?

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-09-2011, 02:30 AM
Then Kobe will just be pissed, dropped 40 in Mike Brown's new system, and Lakers will win the championship. :)

Bruno
12-09-2011, 02:31 AM
for a season. two tops.

it makes rebuilding in the post bryant era a massive task though. with compounded luxury tax and tougher sign and trade rules starting in 2013.

Dade County
12-09-2011, 02:34 AM
They make it to the WCF... then fall off

Aust
12-09-2011, 02:35 AM
For a time, sure, but not forever...

Lakers need to tweak the CP3 deal in order for it to be approved then AGGRESSIVELY go after Howard. Even desperately, whatever it takes

Hellcrooner
12-09-2011, 02:35 AM
deppends on two things

1 getting a point guard that is not 1000 years old.

2 how does Pau react

a) he gets affected by it , Check 2011 playoffs.....out of contention.
B) he gets ANGRY , check 2009 playoffs, lakers win the ring and pooh on david sterns table and send 29 bottles of canned dog pooh to the owners as a conmemorative gift.

Teeboy1487
12-09-2011, 02:36 AM
Depends what we add to our roster. Now, 1st round because Odom and Pau won't care and we need them.

ThunderousDemon
12-09-2011, 02:39 AM
If Odom or Gasol demand to be traded or both, then what options do we have instead of Chris Paul or maybe Dwight Howard?

5ass
12-09-2011, 02:39 AM
Dont think so. Artest is horrible, Fisher is horrible, Kobe is on the decline, Bynum is always injured, and Odom and Pau are butthurt at the moment. We'll see what happens though.

ThunderousDemon
12-09-2011, 02:41 AM
Dont think so. Artest is horrible, Fisher is horrible, Kobe is on the decline, Bynum is always injured, and Odom and Pau are butthurt at the moment. We'll see what happens though.

Nice try trolling,but Bynum isn't injured, but I'm still pissed he took off his jersey, so I don't care if he gets traded.

Avenged
12-09-2011, 02:42 AM
Maybe. This will be the last season though. I don't think they get passed the WCF if they end up facing the Thunder. Or maybe it's just my disappointment talking :p

BKLYNpigeon
12-09-2011, 02:48 AM
I hated the idea of CP3 going to the Lakers, but Stern really stepped on alot of toes. he really went too far.

5ass
12-09-2011, 02:49 AM
Nice try trolling,but Bynum isn't injured, but I'm still pissed he took off his jersey, so I don't care if he gets traded.

Who is trolling? i was just stating my opinion. You disagree and that makes me a troll? Lakers FO wouldnt have been on the brink of blowing up the team for CP3 if they didnt slightly feel the same way.

BKLYNpigeon
12-09-2011, 02:49 AM
If owners were complaining about this, they should have done something about it during the CBA and set a Hard Cap.

5ass
12-09-2011, 02:50 AM
I just dont think they can hang with Miami and OKC, im not saying they will be ****. I just dont think they're REAL contenders anymore.

ripjhb18
12-09-2011, 02:51 AM

Who is trolling? i was just stating my opinion. You disagree and that makes me a troll? Lakers FO wouldnt have been on the brink of blowing up the team for CP3 if they didnt slightly feel the same way.

As a Lakers fan I pretty much have to agree. There is a reason they wanted to make all the changes they were trying to pull off. How much confidence do they even have in their own team right now?

ThunderousDemon
12-09-2011, 02:54 AM

Bynum isn't injured and that's what I called you out on. I disagreed with you because your stating something false so your opinion is false.

5ass
12-09-2011, 03:03 AM
Bynum isn't injured and that's what I called you out on. I disagreed with you because your stating something false so your opinion is false.

i said bynum is always injured, thats not false. He gets injured every season, hes played a MAX of 65 games per season, in the regular season for the past 4 years. Your saying he's not injury prone? Obviously i did not mean bynum is injured 24/7.. I was exaggerating a bit, but i dont think any1 thought that. Your reasoning is false.

THE MTL
12-09-2011, 03:08 AM
...then the world will be a better place. Seriously it is not fair how this one team manages to rape teams in trades all the time. This dates back to Chamberlain, Kareem, Shaq, and Gasol.

ThunderousDemon
12-09-2011, 03:08 AM
i said bynum is always injured, thats not false. He gets injured every season, hes played a MAX of 65 games for the past 4 years. Your saying he's not injury prone? Obviously i did not mean bynum is injured 24/7.. I was exaggerating a bit, but i dont think any1 thought that. Your reasoning is false.

You just edited your original comment to make seem as though I read it wrong, I'm done here, and good luck with Brook Lopez as your new center.:clap:

Ecko72jc
12-09-2011, 03:12 AM

Ecko72jc
12-09-2011, 03:12 AM
...then the world will be a better place. Seriously it is not fair how this one team manages to rape teams in trades all the time. This dates back to Chamberlain, Kareem, Shaq, and Gasol.

The CP3 deal was fair. It would of been their next deal of Bynum for Dwight straight up that insights robbery.

GrandDaddyPurp
12-09-2011, 03:16 AM
I just dont think they can hang with Miami and OKC, im not saying they will be ****. I just dont think they're REAL contenders anymore.

This.

Ty Fast
12-09-2011, 03:37 AM

look at how they got magic and worthey.

beliges
12-09-2011, 03:50 AM
So does this mean superstar players will be banned from getting traded to big market teams now? Dwight can no longer be traded? Its a very slippery slope what the NBA is attempting to do and they are setting a very unmanageable precedent. Lakers were giving up a lot for CP3 to begin with. Probably even giving up too much. It should be interesting to see how this plays out. But CP3 seems to be steadfast on refusing to show up to training camp for the Hornets tomorrow and this is not gonna die very quickly.