PDA

View Full Version : Is everybody now convinced that Stern wants the Heat to be the only super team?

C-Style
12-09-2011, 01:29 AM
Seems like Stern is setting the stage for the Heat.

This trade did not make the Lakers a super team, had it been Dwight, after a CP3 trade to the Lakers, a veto would have made more sense.

:hide:

Ripper Gein
12-09-2011, 01:31 AM
In all honesty this does seem to be the case, the heat as it seems have carte blanche to get anyone without impunity!

LAOwnsAll15
This trade was actually pretty bad for the lakers. They gave up all their size for CP3's bad knees. And Stern still bit, thinking it was a bigger "super team" then the HEAT. LOL

don'tfireNedCo
haha is this a joke?

P-O-Z
12-09-2011, 01:36 AM
Laker fan at its finest.

jewno
12-09-2011, 01:38 AM
lol laker fan complaining about a subject of this manner is irony at its best.

Sadds The Gr8
12-09-2011, 01:38 AM
The NBA is rigged for the Miami Cheat

Shmontaine
12-09-2011, 01:39 AM
LOL.. this is just plain dumb...

P-O-Z
12-09-2011, 01:40 AM
The NBA is rigged for the Miami Cheat

My man! :clap:

P-O-Z
12-09-2011, 01:41 AM

lol this is what psd has become .. i see. I havent been here for a while, nice to see things havent changed.

gotoHcarolina52
12-09-2011, 01:42 AM
Riley gets 'em all; Mitch Kupchak gets cockblocked.

:laugh:

Evolution23
12-09-2011, 01:50 AM
Seems like Stern is setting the stage for the Heat.

This trade did not make the Lakers a super team, had it been Dwight, after a CP3 trade to the Lakers, a veto would have made more sense.

:hide:

The Lakers had a superteam for the last 3 years. Stop crying.

Demon11
12-09-2011, 01:50 AM
Stern didn't just say "No.", the teams who own the Hornets voted and more said no than yes. You know, I hope the Lakers get no trades done and their fans get to learn what a rebuild finally is, the only fans that wouldn't know.

shep33
12-09-2011, 01:51 AM
The heat didn't do anything wrong... but there is a huge problem here.

-If they don't want big trio's forming, but you already have one established in Miami... isn't that an unfair advantage right there for Miami? lol

Evolution23
12-09-2011, 01:52 AM
Riley gets 'em all; Mitch Kupchak gets cockblocked.

:laugh:

Eddy Curry :rolleyes:

Teeboy1487
12-09-2011, 01:54 AM
Actually our chances of beating the Heat dropped when we almost landed Paul. We would have had no answer for Bosh at all nor Lebron for that matter. With this roster and a few additions, we got a chance especially with Dallas weakening considerably. The owners were just pissed the Lakers did the unthinkable once again and they landed a great player. I don't think David Stern had a problem with that trade either. He was clearly pressured by those owners. However, ultimately the decision was his. Too bad, he just risked a huge PR hit. Terrible for the nba. This thread is epic failure though.

Heater4life
12-09-2011, 01:58 AM
That trade would have made The Lakers so thin at PF it would have been tough for them to gel imo.

A better trade for both parties is Bynum for Paul straight up.

heatforlife
12-09-2011, 02:36 AM
stupidity at is finest

Arch Stanton
12-09-2011, 02:37 AM
It's Dan Gilberts fault!

Dade County
12-09-2011, 02:56 AM
"OP" don't you mean, that the league doesn't want anymore super teams.......?

It's not about the HEAT.

gotoHcarolina52
12-09-2011, 03:03 AM
Eddy Curry :rolleyes:

Like I said: Riley gets 'em all.

First he got Wade, LeBron and Bosh. Discounted!

Now he gets Eddy Curry. Skinny!

kozelkid
12-09-2011, 03:06 AM
Listening to Laker fans ***** about the league being unfair is possibly one of the funniest and ironic things I've seen.

itsripcity32
12-09-2011, 03:09 AM
Listening to Laker fans ***** about the league being unfair is possibly one of the funniest and ironic things I've seen.

hella true

buffalochipster
12-09-2011, 03:10 AM
Really? You dont think Stern would want the Lakers (a large market team) and the Heat(large market team) or the Knicks (large market team) in the finals? Rating and money galore!

kozelkid
12-09-2011, 03:24 AM
Really? You dont think Stern would want the Lakers (a large market team) and the Heat(large market team) or the Knicks (large market team) in the finals? Rating and money galore!

That's what I'm saying. I really don't think it was Stern who nixed it, but rather the owner vote. Stern has no power in that regard.

buffalochipster
12-09-2011, 03:27 AM
If this was Stern's doing, the owners would be *****ing him out right now...thats not really happening, so I dont know who is at fault more?

John Walls Era
12-09-2011, 03:30 AM
I have never heard of Laker fans complaining about the league being bias towards them and not allowing them to get all-stars or superstars until today...

Also Dan Gilbert is to blame.

kozelkid
12-09-2011, 03:32 AM
I have never heard of Laker fans complaining about the league being bias towards them and not allowing them to get all-stars or superstars until today...

Also Dan Gilbert is to blame.

It's almost as funny as when Stevie Johnson blamed God for missing a catch last season against the Steelers.

If there's one fanbase that has no business *****ing about how league is supposedly bias, it's the Los Angeles ****ing Lakers.

naps
12-09-2011, 07:43 AM
Lakers fans complain about parity and unfairness? WOW!! This forum is the funniest place ever, hands down!

Raps08-09 Champ
12-09-2011, 07:54 AM
Lakers would have been worse with that deal.

Bynum can't even stay on the floor and they would have traded away both their PF's.

He did them a favour to a certain extent.

If the Lakers thought they could get Howard for Bynum, then it would have screwed them over. But Howard isn't going there.

Wade>You
12-09-2011, 07:57 AM
Because the league loves the HEAT so much, right?

All that trash talking was tough love?

And the HEAT have so many fans in the NBA, just look at PSD.

It's clear the owners only want one team in the NBA to win it all.

Iron24th
12-09-2011, 07:58 AM
Close this.

This has nothing to do with what happened last night.

dave831
12-09-2011, 08:18 AM
This was the best thing the lakers could have asked for dig a little deeper.....with pau and LO of the books LA could amnesty Kobe(he would still get the money from this contract) he would actuly get more money the he has coming to him but only about a mill or to would be taking up cap space resign him to mle rework Pauls deal giving him a max deal and going into the 2012 free agent frensie the laker would only have 32mil on the book.....Boom sing d12 to a max deal and have money to spend!!!

bringinwood
12-09-2011, 08:19 AM
This makes sense...

David Stern shows favoritism towards one team and acts on it...

He then, subsequently, costs the owners hundreds of millions of dollars and loses his job as commissioner since he get voted in and can be fired by the owners...

theheatles
12-09-2011, 08:30 AM
fail thread

theheatles
12-09-2011, 08:39 AM
close this, it's obv a bait thread of a venting laker fan

ShakeN'Bake
12-09-2011, 08:53 AM
Stern didn't just say "No.", the teams who own the Hornets voted and more said no than yes. You know, I hope the Lakers get no trades done and their fans get to learn what a rebuild finally is, the only fans that wouldn't know.

Wouldn't that be awesome.

DJYankee
12-09-2011, 09:05 AM
I don't think is about the Heats. Trying to make it a fair playing field.

ghettosean
12-09-2011, 09:10 AM
You mean when the L.A had to trade Shaq to the heat and had to be a **** team for years... Is that what you mean????

This was a clear move by Stern to stop another super team and gaurantee Miami a ring which is ********.... Stern is a piece of **** for blocking this deal as it was a fair trade for those involved. There was no other reason for stopping this trade.

tcav701
12-09-2011, 09:36 AM
Miami is a big reason these trades wont be allowed but its not because the league wants them to win.

They do not want anymore superteams and Miami happened to be the first team to do it. If the league knew they were gonna team up on the Heat years in advance, they would have ceritnaly prevented it. But they didnt, and all the league can do now is make it more difficult for other teams to follow suit.

But yes, the Heat are the main reason behind this knee jerk reaction and will always carry an asterisk next to whatever success they achieve.

Chi StateOfMind
12-09-2011, 09:39 AM
My thing is NO was probably getting the best deal. If Im a Laker fan, im happy it got nixed. It sounds nice cuz u have a big name headed to LA but u parted ways with two big bodies. I hope it goes thru otherwise CP3 is leavin next year and NO wont get ****.

justinnum1
12-09-2011, 09:43 AM
oh please
:violin:

Miami did everything by the books

Not saying la didn't....but everything that went down in miami was kosher.

I can see some cavs fans will never get over it tho:rolleyes:

SteBO
12-09-2011, 09:43 AM
OP, I hope you aren't serious with this......

SteBO
12-09-2011, 09:46 AM
Miami is a big reason these trades wont be allowed but its not because the league wants them to win.

They do not want anymore superteams and Miami happened to be the first team to do it. If the league knew they were gonna team up on the Heat years in advance, they would have ceritnaly prevented it. But they didnt, and all the league can do now is make it more difficult for other teams to follow suit.

But yes, the Heat are the main reason behind this knee jerk reaction and will always carry an asterisk next to whatever success they achieve.
They can put an asterisk next to any success we achieve as much as they want....If the Heat win, who gives a flying **** what everyone else thinks.

tcav701
12-09-2011, 09:47 AM
They can put an asterisk next to any success we achieve as much as they want....If the Heat win, who gives a flying **** what everyone else thinks.

The 1919 Reds and the Spygate Patriots salute you sir.

Wade>You
12-09-2011, 09:48 AM
This thread should be locked, not just Heat fans saying this thread is dumb.

Where are the mods?

SteBO
12-09-2011, 09:50 AM
The 1919 Reds and the Spygate Patriots salute you sir.
:laugh2: I don't mean to be crude, but seriously. It's as if astericks can be thrown around these days without any merit. If a team wins a championship, it was through heart and hard work. Titles aren't really just handed to you, you earn them.

tcav701
12-09-2011, 09:51 AM
:laugh2: I don't mean to be crude, but seriously. It's as if astericks can be thrown around these days without any merit. If a team wins a championship, it was through heart and hard work. Titles aren't really just handed to you, you earn them.

I didnt say that myself personally would view them as an asterisk, but i am saying that 20 years from now, they WILL NOT be discussed with the all time greats because this.

CB29
12-09-2011, 09:53 AM
it makes more sense to get nothing for chris paul when he leaves in free agency... smh

tcav701
12-09-2011, 09:53 AM
This thread should be locked, not just Heat fans saying this thread is dumb.

Where are the mods?

So you guys were high fiving each other and giggling like school girls over the Howard to the Heat thread last night but crying poor over this one?

I see that many of you have gotten those red glasses out and are gonna rep PSD hard this year after appearing from thin air last year.

Wade>You
12-09-2011, 09:57 AM
So you guys were high fiving each other and giggling like school girls over the Howard to the Heat thread but crying poor over this one?

I see that many of you have gotten those red glasses out and are gonna rep PSD hard this year after appearing from thin air last year.The fact that you're generalizing by putting all Heat fans into one group that you claimed did something is enough for me to ignore your post.

tcav701
12-09-2011, 09:58 AM
The fact that you're generalizing by putting all Heat fans into one group that you claimed did something is enough for me to ignore your post.

Those that cant control their children are also responsible for their behavior.

Wade>You
12-09-2011, 09:59 AM
PSD has all these mods and there's still spam and bait threads all over the board. Take the advice of your members, PSD:
Close this.

This has nothing to do with what happened last night.

close this, it's obv a bait thread of a venting laker fan

haha is this a joke?

hella true

SteBO
12-09-2011, 10:02 AM
This thread is becoming a problem, so I think I'll close it. If you take issue with it, feel free to PM me......