PDA

View Full Version : How does Chris Paul trade denial effect the rest of the league?

PacersForLife
12-09-2011, 01:27 AM
I don't understand how it messes things up for teams not even involved in the Chris Paul trade. Anyone care to elaborate...?

LAOwnsAll15
12-09-2011, 01:29 AM
Seems like trades might become a thing of the past, since this trade was basically the epitome and standard of which all trades should be done. It was completely fair for all teams at first sight.

don'tfireNedCo
12-09-2011, 01:31 AM
it doesn't affect anything or anyone other than those who cheer for the team originally from great lakes.

Shmontaine
12-09-2011, 01:32 AM
I don't understand how it messes things up for teams not even involved in the Chris Paul trade. Anyone care to elaborate...?

it doesn't...

NO is supported by the rest of the owners... any other team with a private owner can increase their payroll to whatever extent they choose.. but the NO was bailed out by the owners last year, and now the trade would've increased their payroll by 15 mil. that's the only reason it was voided...

spurs4#5
12-09-2011, 01:34 AM
it doesn't...

NO is supported by the rest of the owners... any other team with a private owner can increase their payroll to whatever extent they choose.. but the NO was bailed out by the owners last year, and now the trade would've increased their payroll by 15 mil. that's the only reason it was voided...

the only problem with this is that the team wouldve been a legit team with this trade...plus they only have like 6 players under contract so they would be spending that much money anyway

ripjhb18
12-09-2011, 01:35 AM
What I take from it is that CP3 just can't be traded until someone buys the team. Which won't happen before the trade deadline most likely. So...ya.

abe_froman
12-09-2011, 01:37 AM
the only problem with this is that the team wouldve been a legit team with this trade...plus they only have like 6 players under contract so they would be spending that much money anyway

the thing is that the other teams dont want to spend anything on a team thats not theirs.the bottom line outweighs all else