PDA

View Full Version : Players react to nixed Chris Paul deal

JordansBulls
12-09-2011, 12:25 AM
http://nba-point-forward.si.com/2011/12/08/players-react-to-nixed-chris-paul-deal/?eref=twitter_feed

Chris Paul

@CP3
WoW
8 Dec 11 ReplyRetweetFavorite
LAMAR ODOM

@RealLamarOdom
When a team trades u and it doesn't go down? Now what?

Jason Richardson

@jrich23
Speechless about the @CP3 block trade. Smh
Tony Allen@aa000G9
Can some 1 explain!!
Russell Westbrook

@russwest44
#whynot tho???
Hardwood Paroxysm@HPbasketball 8 Dec 11
"IS THE LEAGUE GOING TO BLOCK ANY TRADE?!" Come on. Settle down. Consider the circumstances. Center yourself. Go for a walke.
Nick Flynt@NickFlynt
@HPbasketball NO YOU JUST HAVE TO OVERREACT. THEY'RE GOING TO BLOCK EVERYTHING! NO I DIDN'T CARE ABOUT THE SELECT OTHER BLOCKED TRADES!
Terrence Williams

@TheRealTWill
If its meant to be it will come back, until then we got a great locker for you.....boom
Danny Green

@DGreen_14
That's OD, nba shut the trade down lol
mario chalmers

@mchalmers15
I can't believe they doin my homie @CP3 like that wow is right.
Jared Dudley

@JaredDudley619
RT @brianpmalone: what's your initial reaction on the rescinded CP3/LA trade? ( Bs.. I don't like it, the NBA needs to sell the team)

nickdymez
12-09-2011, 12:28 AM
The players know that the war is still going on.. The NBA is the worst ran league period. Its like the WWE. David Stern is Vince McMahon

Sportfan
12-09-2011, 12:30 AM
you forgot the most important one!

REGGIE EVANS
@CP3:lol

Tony_Starks
12-09-2011, 12:31 AM
If I was the players I'd be upset too. How are you going to allow a deal to be blocked out of sheer jealousy?

heyman321
12-09-2011, 12:34 AM
The players know that the war is still going on.. The NBA is the worst ran league period. Its like the WWE. David Stern is Vince McMahon

1) No it's the not the worst run league.
2) No David Stern isn't like Vince McMahon. The NBA OWNS the Hornets effectively making Stern the owner. If you don't like the NBA then GIIIIIIIIT OUT.

Johann
12-09-2011, 12:35 AM

Reggie evans
@cp3:lol

+1

Canterbury
12-09-2011, 12:35 AM

REGGIE EVANS

lololol

Avenged
12-09-2011, 12:36 AM
At least the NBA players realize this.. and these are the guys who would have been matching up against him.

nickdymez
2) No David Stern isn't like Vince McMahon. The NBA OWNS the Hornets effectively making Stern the owner. If you don't like the NBA then GIIIIIIIIT OUT.

Please

itsripcity32

yeah, cus nba games are scripted

LA_Raiders
12-09-2011, 12:37 AM
Stern is turning the NBA in a clown show... He needs to get fired already...

Ano705
12-09-2011, 12:40 AM

Reggie evans

hahahahahahahahahahahahhahaha

akagiredsuns
12-09-2011, 12:41 AM
The Hornets are league-owned, so Stern had the right to do this. We don't need any more super teams. Good luck Lakers on rebuilding the shattered chemistry after all this. There will be a serious backlash in L.A. now.

nickdymez
12-09-2011, 12:41 AM

lol, Sarcasm?

iggypop123
12-09-2011, 12:42 AM
good thing the cba was ratiefied. otherwise they would be back to a lockout over this

marvILLous
12-09-2011, 12:45 AM

Reggie evans

lol!!

Cal827
12-09-2011, 12:50 AM
LOL, all Raptor fans get the Reggie Evans tweet. :p

DODGERS&LAKERS
12-09-2011, 12:52 AM
The league ruined the Lakers season. No way Lamar and Pau will give full effort now. I thought the league did everything they could to make the Lakers win. So much for that.

ThunderousDemon
12-09-2011, 12:52 AM
The Hornets are league-owned, so Stern had the right to do this. We don't need any more super teams. Good luck Lakers on rebuilding the shattered chemistry after all this. There will be a serious backlash in L.A. now.

If the Hornets can't make trades then they get nothing because Chris Paul won't sign an extension and instead of getting something in return they get nothing, great job Stern.:clap:

kozelkid
12-09-2011, 12:58 AM

If it's true, I find it absolutely hilarious that a Laker fan of all people is *****ing about it.

You know, the team that somehow continues to manage to get superstars.

Kevj77
12-09-2011, 01:02 AM
If the Hornets can't make trades then they get nothing because Chris Paul won't sign an extension and instead of getting something in return they get nothing, great job Stern.:clap:Yup they can't trade him to any good team now. He won't sign an extension anywhere else. He is going to walk at the end of the year for nothing. Good luck finding an owner for the Hornets after that.

5ass
12-09-2011, 01:04 AM

REGGIE EVANS

Haha now i wnt reggie evns on the magic, not bcz he was one of the best rebounders last season just bcz of this comment. Because that ws funny

5ass
12-09-2011, 01:06 AM
If the Hornets can't make trades then they get nothing because Chris Paul won't sign an extension and instead of getting something in return they get nothing, great job Stern.:clap:

Lol orl will give them picks and decent playrs without an extension, would the owners agree though?

nickdymez
12-09-2011, 01:07 AM
If it's true, I find it absolutely hilarious that a Laker fan of all people is *****ing about it.

You know, the team that somehow continues to manage to get superstars.

And we still will buddy

Ripper Gein
12-09-2011, 01:07 AM
Come on Lakers haters are laughing now sad for them when the Lakers pull something bigger put of their hats, History children Lakers NEVER rebuild just reload. CONGRATS on rooting for your sorry *** team HA!!!

ThunderousDemon
12-09-2011, 01:09 AM
Lol orl will give them picks and decent playrs without an extension, would the owners agree though?

Nope they'll just say basketball reason and no deals will go through ever unless the Hornets get a owner.

ripjhb18
12-09-2011, 01:12 AM

Shouldn't this be more of the concern though? Having the competition owning a competitor is seriously not logical. Even more of an example now that this happens. And what, they have owned them for nearly a year? Thats the real problem.

5ass
12-09-2011, 01:14 AM
Its just nice to see all of their arrogant fans that were on this forum just yesterday saying how they the lakers were going to get every star player in the NBA get their dream crushed. Still think the lakers will do something BIG very soon though.

jrm2054
12-09-2011, 01:16 AM
Regardless what team your a fan of this is ******** even if the trade was unfair. Stern is the worst commish in sports and need fired. He has been ruining the league for years. What the **** is "basketball reasons". Stern just screwed the Hornets. CP3 won't be traded now and will walk at the end of the year. Unless stern says he can't opt of for basketball reasons. I really hope Hunter and the NBAPA find a way to legally handle this. Also if i was the NBAPA i would tell Paul to not even show up till he is traded or released and from a personal stand point if i was Paul i would never play another second for the Hornets. I would sit out. Im not a laker fan or hornet fan and you can all bash me if you want but this is just pure ********, and jealousy from the small market owners.

championships
12-09-2011, 01:18 AM

Well according to Sac fans and Laker haters, It is!

THE MTL
12-09-2011, 01:22 AM

REGGIE EVANS

LmFAO!!!!!!!!!!!! Thats ********ked up

5ass
12-09-2011, 01:23 AM
Regardless what team your a fan of this is ******** even if the trade was unfair. Stern is the worst commish in sports and need fired. He has been ruining the league for years. What the **** is "basketball reasons". Stern just screwed the Hornets. CP3 won't be traded now and will walk at the end of the year. Unless stern says he can't opt of for basketball reasons. I really hope Hunter and the NBAPA find a way to legally handle this. Also if i was the NBAPA i would tell Paul to not even show up till he is traded or released and from a personal stand point if i was Paul i would never play another second for the Hornets. I would sit out. Im not a laker fan or hornet fan and you can all bash me if you want but this is just pure ********, and jealousy from the small market owners.

Lol u forget that these players are being paid millions to play basketball. Cp is under contract with the hornets, he will go to work like the rest of the world or not get paid

PartyBoy13
12-09-2011, 01:24 AM
Its just nice to see all of their arrogant fans that were on this forum just yesterday saying how they the lakers were going to get every star player in the NBA get their dream crushed. Still think the lakers will do something BIG very soon though.

Like get your center :)

ThunderousDemon
12-09-2011, 01:28 AM
Lol u forget that these players are being paid millions to play basketball. Cp is under contract with the hornets, he will go to work like the rest of the world or not get paid

You forget that Chris Paul will simply leave at the end of the year and the Hornets will get nothing in return and get set back a few years.That is the argument he was making.

LakersA's49ers
12-09-2011, 01:41 AM
To allllllllllllll psd idiots who dont realize this!!!!!

It screws the hornets MORE than the Lakers!!!!!!!!!

They dont get ANYTHING when he walks! All haters get that througg your head!

5ass
12-09-2011, 01:54 AM
You forget that Chris Paul will simply leave at the end of the year and the Hornets will get nothing in return and get set back a few years.That is the argument he was making.

I was pointing out his obligation to go to work because he is under contract.

5ass
12-09-2011, 01:55 AM
Like get your center :)

its going to be great when that dream is crushed too :)

sfla31
12-09-2011, 01:58 AM
To allllllllllllll psd idiots who dont realize this!!!!!

It screws the hornets MORE than the Lakers!!!!!!!!!

They dont get ANYTHING when he walks! All haters get that througg your head!

Not to mention it probably makes New Orleans a better team than they were yesterday. Bringing in Scola, Odom, Kevin Martin, and Dragic makes you a pretty formidable team. If you team them up with Jarret Jack, Bellinelli, Emeka Okafor, and Ariza. Plus they would be picking up 2 draft picks from this trade and you would still have valuable assets in Landry and West in Sign and Trade deals if you need to.

nickdymez
12-09-2011, 01:59 AM
its going to be great when that dream is crushed too :)

We did it once, its gonna happen again!

5ass
12-09-2011, 02:00 AM
We did it once, its gonna happen again!

cool, sign him for the mini MLE.

PacersForLife
12-09-2011, 02:04 AM
Stern is turning the NBA in a clown show... He needs to get fired already...

Who fires him exactly? I never understood how he could be fired.

PacersForLife
12-09-2011, 02:16 AM
dgranger33 Danny Granger
Did Stern just kill the @chrispaul deal!?! Wait...what..? #canhedothat?
Danny Granger is baffled as well

PacersForLife
12-09-2011, 02:19 AM
dgranger33 Danny Granger
Did Stern just kill the @chrispaul deal!?! Wait...what..? #canhedothat?
Danny Granger is baffled as well

Astronaut
12-09-2011, 02:20 AM
Lets not forget that the Hornets are OWNED by the NBA. They are in ownership of Paul, they don't have to deal him.

ripjhb18
12-09-2011, 02:22 AM
Lets not forget that the Hornets are OWNED by the NBA. They are in ownership of Paul, they don't have to deal him.

lol then why did they let the GM negotiate with everyone to begin with?

heatforlife
12-09-2011, 02:25 AM
dont get mad at the nba.... stern is the idiot and mark cuban is the d*ck who's jealous and started complaining because he knew what was going to happen to his team stupid as..... im not a lakers fan at all but them im mad i was happy for them...

Sactown
12-09-2011, 02:30 AM
Who fires him exactly? I never understood how he could be fired.

The owners could I'm sure over majority vote, since the league is owned by the owners and David Stern is an employee of the owners

iggypop123
12-09-2011, 02:35 AM
lol danny granger tweeted he wants to change his last name to stern's *****

Fool
12-09-2011, 02:36 AM
And easily the best tweet goes to Danny Granger.

Danny Granger @dgranger33 5 mins
Due to the sabotaging of the LA/NO trade by david stern, and following in the footsteps of my athlete brethern Metta World Peace and Chad Ochocinco, I'm changing my last name to "Stern's Bi#&h" #effectiveimmediately

Bruno
12-09-2011, 02:36 AM
these players get it.

ripjhb18
12-09-2011, 02:41 AM
And easily the best tweet goes to Danny Granger.

Danny Granger @dgranger33 5 mins
Due to the sabotaging of the LA/NO trade by david stern, and following in the footsteps of my athlete brethern Metta World Peace and Chad Ochocinco, I'm changing my last name to "Stern's Bi#&h" #effectiveimmediately

Awesome.

LakersA's49ers
12-09-2011, 02:50 AM
Danny Granger

You are an f-ing stud my man

nyanks79
12-09-2011, 02:53 AM
Happywalters Happy Walters
Getting asked by our players if they can change their vote on the CBA today. :-)

Happywalters Happy Walters
shocked by what NBA had done with the CP3 trade - players enraged.

What a mess. Still dont see how the deal dosent get done eventually at this point.

LADTXR
12-09-2011, 03:06 AM
If stern and the owners really cared about the hornets the trade would've been accepted. Hornets would've gotten several players and draft picks, Rockets would've gotten Gasol which would've made them better and Lakers get Paul...The trade was fair, coming from a lakers fan, i didn't know how i felt giving up Gasol and odom. If the Lakers didn't get another big man they wouldn't have been any better this year than they were last year.

samanjerry
12-09-2011, 03:21 AM
tebow christ. nba forum is all kindsa mess. you got like 6 chris paul threads going on

ripjhb18
12-09-2011, 03:23 AM
"Once again Buck Nasty a.k.a Dan Gilbert is letting his wrath being felt by being the main voice in the CP trade block."

Jason Richardson

http://twitter.com/#!/jrich23/status/145027107179872258

beliges
12-09-2011, 04:23 AM

Ya see but while the NBA and Stern were the owners of the Hornets, those same people gave certain individuals the authority to run the basketball operations of the team. And see the problem is, those same individuals that had the authority to negotiate and make moves on behalf of the team came to a mutual agreement with the Lakers on this trade. CP3 is considering legal action to prevent the NBA from nixing the deal. It doesnt seem like this deal is over yet.

FlashMacker
12-09-2011, 06:51 AM
dont get mad at the nba.... stern is the idiot and mark cuban is the d*ck who's jealous and started complaining because he knew what was going to happen to his team stupid as..... im not a lakers fan at all but them im mad i was happy for them...

pretty sure it was Dan Gilbert that was complaining

AddiX
12-09-2011, 06:57 AM
The sad part about this is we just had a lockout, and instead of worrying about how small market teams would keep there stars, they decided to go after players money. They could of easily negotiated more benefits to stay with a certain team.

Instead they just went after $. After the owners create a pointless lockout, they cause this mess.

I have 0 sympathy for NBA owners.

sintaks12
12-09-2011, 07:26 AM
He's got no legal ground to stand on. Nba owns the team. Stern can do what he wants. Does it suck that he let negotiations get too far... Definitely. I'm not condoning his actions, but Paul is wasting his time if he's taking legal action.

ShakeN'Bake
12-09-2011, 08:41 AM
good thing the cba was ratiefied. otherwise they would be back to a lockout over this

I dont even want to think about that possibility.

SteBO
12-09-2011, 08:41 AM
The players have every right to be upset at this......they understand what the deal is.

bringinwood
12-09-2011, 08:45 AM
The players have every right to be upset at this......they understand what the deal is.

They have every right to be upset about the fact that the negotiations went as far as they did for an inferior package...

They have little right to be upset that Stern actually nixed the deal...

What Stern did was the right thing... Regardless of how it is precieved or how they got there...

rapjuicer06
12-09-2011, 09:16 AM
Well...the NBA is now a joke....I actually liked that trade for everyone except the Lakers lol. Lost their depth and I don't like the pairing of Kobe and Pual. Makes no sense...Now the players are all going to piss and moan, ***** and have a strike. What a joke

tcav701
12-09-2011, 09:23 AM
The NBA is going to be so focused on blocking superteams because of what happened last summer.

The heat did it before the owners could step in and they will do whatever they have to in order to prevent more teams from doing the same.

the owners are clearly the ones to blame over this but its clear that "the decision" is what is causing this knee jerk reaction.

clyde3218
12-09-2011, 09:48 AM
Hey Dan Gilbert!!! Now lets see you get FA to sign in Cle LoL

PhillyFaninLA
12-09-2011, 10:30 AM
My opinion on this would be a little different if before the CBA was ratified the owners would have said they will not let a deal like this happen, we knew all day this was going to happen but they wait to complain until the players vote and ratify the CBA.

Stern is an employee of the owners but he is in a job of leadership and leaders do what is right and except the consequences and he folded and proved that he is no leader and he may have the title of commissioner but he does not do anything.

The owners who I supported strongly on this site since before the lockout started officially lost my support because they waited to screw traded players until they signed the CBA and strong armed a weak willed spineless commissioner.