PDA

View Full Version : Lakers New identity ???

Kyben36
12-08-2011, 09:59 PM
Alot of hype has been around the Cp3 trade, however, I want to call something to everyones atention, the total change of identity of the lakers. in the past few years, the lakers have been a very long frontcourt team that was hard to rebound against, they had a tallented big man to run the trangle through, and was a defensive pressence mainly because of the length of Gasol and Bynum combined. With that said, Loosing gasol IMO makes them loose their identity. while the trade may get them one of ( if not the ) best PG in the league, it surely changes the hole complection of their team. no longer do they have a big man to run the triagle through, they could try to run it through kobe again, although, we have seen how well that worked without a big man. At the same time, CP3 could completly change the lakers. CP3's main skill set comes in the pick and role, not in triangle situations.

So my question is this, does this trade completly change the Lakers from the team they used to be.

(please dont bring up a potential trade of Howard in this thread either, as far as of right now, there is nothing to say a trade for howard will get done )

jimbobjarree
12-08-2011, 10:00 PM
I'm sure you'll get better responses asking this in the Lakers forum mate

Kyben36
12-08-2011, 10:07 PM
I'm sure you'll get better responses asking this in the Lakers forum mate

the reason I made this thread was to make people realize that while this trade does benifit the lakers, id doesnt just make them better, but it changes them completely ( potentialy)

Fayzon10
12-08-2011, 10:23 PM
Alot of hype has been around the Cp3 trade, however, I want to call something to everyones atention, the total change of identity of the lakers. in the past few years, the lakers have been a very long frontcourt team that was hard to rebound against, they had a tallented big man to run the trangle through, and was a defensive pressence mainly because of the length of Gasol and Bynum combined. With that said, Loosing gasol IMO makes them loose their identity. while the trade may get them one of ( if not the ) best PG in the league, it surely changes the hole complection of their team. no longer do they have a big man to run the triagle through, they could try to run it through kobe again, although, we have seen how well that worked without a big man. At the same time, CP3 could completly change the lakers. CP3's main skill set comes in the pick and role, not in triangle situations.

So my question is this, does this trade completly change the Lakers from the team they used to be.

(please dont bring up a potential trade of Howard in this thread either, as far as of right now, there is nothing to say a trade for howard will get done ) With the Lakers hiring Mike Brown as the head coach they were ditching the triangle so they needed a dynamic point guard not D-Fish, plus they still have Andrew Bynum and just a hunch but I don't think the Lakers are done they probably know something that we don't as far as what their opening day roster is gonna look like.

nickdymez
12-08-2011, 10:29 PM
Close this

smith&wesson
12-08-2011, 10:35 PM
apparantly the deal fell through

salimstoudamire
12-08-2011, 10:38 PM

(please dont bring up a potential trade of Howard in this thread either, as far as of right now, there is nothing to say a trade for howard will get done )

Didn't read any of what you wrote other than this. They don't run the triangle anymore now that Phil is gone.

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-08-2011, 10:55 PM
nickdymez said it best, close this thread!