PDA

View Full Version : Salaries on the Paul deal

Maddog-99
12-08-2011, 08:12 PM
OMG my head is going to pop. Im an Angel & Laker fan: 12/8/11 is going down in history.

Help me out with the financial picture here:

what are the salaries that are transfering here for 2012 & what does that do to the Lakers total salary picture & cap/hit for 2012?

Heatcheck
12-08-2011, 08:24 PM
yea, it'd be interesting to see how their cap situation is after getting rid of odom in regards to acquiring howard

Kevj77
12-08-2011, 08:28 PM
OMG my head is going to pop. Im an Angel & Laker fan: 12/8/11 is going down in history.

what are the salaries that are transfering here for 2012 & what does that do to the Lakers total salary picture & cap/hit for 2012?Chris Paul will make 16.3 million this year, Pau was going to make 18.7 and LO 8.9 if no other players are involved it will save LA 11.3 million. Our cap was at 91.3 million before we signed anyone so it would be at 80 million still 10 million over the luxury tax.

It won't even get us under the cap next year. Kobe will make 27.8 million and CP3 will make 17.7. Even if we don't exercise the option on Bynum and amnesty Artest with Blake making 4 mil, Luke making 6.1 mil and Fisher having a 3.4 mil player option it will put us at 59 million with only 5 players under contract. The cap is 58 million so we would still be over the cap.

This will save luxury tax, but will not make us players in free agency.

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/la_lakers.htm

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/new_orleans.htm

Heatcheck
12-08-2011, 08:36 PM
That blows, i was really looking forward to seeing a Heat vs. Lakers finals. not that ya'll cant make it, but with Kobe, Paul, and Howard it would have been an amazing series.

Maddog-99
12-08-2011, 08:42 PM
Chris Paul will make 16.3 million this year, ...

Absolutely great response Kev, thanks.
Reason #234 PSD is better than Sports Talk Radio. They wont get that answer out until day 3 of this sports-gasm for Los Angeles.

You hit on another point I agree with:
Amnesty Artest & keep Walton.

What do we see the lineup/bench looking like in a Paul & Howard world (Id assume Magic get Bynum, Blake, Ebanks/Caracter, picks & anything else they want not name Kobe & Paul.

Kevj77
12-08-2011, 08:47 PM
Hopefully Luke and Fisher retire next year. Next move trade anything except Kobe and Paul for Howard.

Maddog-99
12-08-2011, 08:48 PM
That blows, i was really looking forward to seeing a Heat vs. Lakers finals. not that ya'll cant make it, but with Kobe, Paul, and Howard it would have been an amazing series.

Miami v Lakers is the new Lakers v Celtics.

Getting Paul basically closes the Howard deal.

abstract thought: And this years Billy Preston / Trevor Ariza Memorial award goes to........ Shannon F'in Brown!!! :o

Heatcheck
12-08-2011, 09:04 PM
Miami v Lakers is the new Lakers v Celtics.

Getting Paul basically closes the Howard deal.

abstract thought: And this years Billy Preston / Trevor Ariza Memorial award goes to........ Shannon F'in Brown!!! :o

how you figure? you think you think otis smith is stupid enough to take bynum for howard?

you know what?....dumb question, ill see ya'll in the finals

cheddar08
12-08-2011, 09:11 PM
how you figure? you think you think otis smith is stupid enough to take bynum for howard?

Dwight is going either way and he holds the cards since he can pick whether or not to sign an extension. He has stated openly he likes LA and Kobe , now that CP3 is on the team you don't think that will motivate him more towards signing an extension with the Lakers? I see it happening within a week.

Heatcheck
12-08-2011, 09:14 PM
yea but Paul openly wanted to go to NY, and the Hornets liked this deal better. the Magic have final say. Then again, you never know.

Maddog-99
12-08-2011, 09:18 PM
We know 2 things on record (or close enough) that Howard has said:

1. He wants to play with CP3
2. He wants to be a Laker

Thats why Im saying: done deal.

The ONLY leverage the Magic have is to drag this out to the trade deadline, & thats only if they have Gilbert level spite.

The reality is what was said above: Howard makes the call w/ his vote on who he extends with.

Note: The underlying reason the owners locked out the players was not solved!!!

Lakers211221
12-08-2011, 09:25 PM
Actually, we probably don't know the money because it's likely that Paul signed an extension with the Lakers before the trade

C-Style
12-08-2011, 09:53 PM

what are the salaries that are transfering here for 2012 & what does that do to the Lakers total salary picture & cap/hit for 2012?

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

C-Style
12-08-2011, 09:53 PM
Im a Dodger fan but I can only imagine what ur feeling

C-Style
12-08-2011, 09:54 PM
We know 2 things on record (or close enough) that Howard has said:

1. He wants to play with CP3
2. He wants to be a Laker
3. He wants to play with Kobe
Thats why Im saying: done deal.

The ONLY leverage the Magic have is to drag this out to the trade deadline, & thats only if they have Gilbert level spite.

The reality is what was said above: Howard makes the call w/ his vote on who he extends with.

Note: The underlying reason the owners locked out the players was not solved!!!

fixed

New Power House
12-08-2011, 10:28 PM

Howard will demand the trade,if he wants to be a Laker now. Otherwise,he will wait and leave Otis and his foolish ego in Orlando crying like when Shaq left! Bynum is no Howard,but he is better than any other center in the NBA NOW.
If CP3 comes to LA it is the sign that Howard will come sooner or later. Believe me!