PDA

View Full Version : Clippers only offered Tayshaun Prince 1 year deal!

Clippersfan86
12-08-2011, 05:27 PM
This is why Prince remains in Detroit for those that thought he would be a better fit on Clippers.

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/7332501/caron-butler-takes-3-year-24m-deal-los-angeles-clippers

kozelkid
12-08-2011, 05:28 PM
Prince was the better option imo.

Clippersfan86
12-08-2011, 05:30 PM
Prince was the better option imo.

My personal opinion is.... Prince stays healthier, will age better and needs less shots. Those are the reasons he WOULD be better than Caron. On the other hand he's not a consistently good scorer like Butler. Butler's an equal defender to Prince in the last 3 years. Then you factor in that Butler when it comes to individual talent to carry the load on a team is superior. Both players have pros and cons.

kozelkid
12-08-2011, 05:33 PM
My personal opinion is.... Prince stays healthier, will age better and needs less shots. Those are the reasons he WOULD be better than Caron. On the other hand he's not a consistently good scorer like Butler. Butler's an equal defender to Prince in the last 3 years. Then you factor in that Butler when it comes to individual talent to carry the load on a team is superior. Both players have pros and cons.

Caron's injuries are what scares me the most.

He's also a high volume shooter who isn't that efficient.

Prince imo is a player who blends in with your roster yet holds the position well as an average-above average player.

If you guys end up getting Paul or Deron (which I think you will), you'll have MORE than enough offense between EG, Paul (or Deron), Griffin and maybe Aminu off the bench.

LionsFan..LOL
12-08-2011, 05:42 PM
I wish the Clippers would have signed Prince. I love what he did for this team but he doesn't fit here anymore. We need to get our young guys playing time and all Tay does is take up time.

5ass
12-08-2011, 05:56 PM
i like prince, but his defense is kind of overrated. Hes not a bad defender, but its still overrated.