PDA

View Full Version : Why Jordan And Chandler???

zaescc408
12-08-2011, 05:07 PM
Why wont they go after Nene? I rather give the big money to him than Jordan and Chandler.:shrug:

Monta is beast
12-08-2011, 05:08 PM
They can't afford him.

MackShock
12-08-2011, 05:12 PM
get paul

mavwar53
12-08-2011, 05:19 PM
They can't afford him.

why not? hes going to get the same money as chandler if not less.

I think with him like jordan he isn't going to make to much of a difference as a champion. Nene isn't much of a defensive presence.

Monta is beast
12-08-2011, 05:44 PM
why not? hes going to get the same money as chandler if not less.

I think with him like jordan he isn't going to make to much of a difference as a champion. Nene isn't much of a defensive presence.

Nene will probably be getting somewhere around 16-18 million. The Warriors can spend more then 15. Nene had a defensive rating of 104 Chandler had a defensive rating of 102. Both very good. Nene also blocks just as many shots as Chandler does.

Jrod2173
12-08-2011, 07:48 PM
I would rather Nene anyway, more of an offensive game to go along with solid defense. Gonna have to outbid Indiana though, they are going hard after him.

Kdirt
12-08-2011, 08:08 PM
I would like NEITHER of these guys. All are gonna be grossly overpaid. Only reason I wanted Chandler was to get CP3, but Chandler's contract is gonna look ugly in a year or 2.

Someone is really gonna give Nene max dollars, are these ppl insane? Good luck with that.

DeAndre is gonna get overpaid, but what the hell. We are the Warriors and thats what we do.

Jrod2173
12-08-2011, 08:12 PM
I would like NEITHER of these guys. All are gonna be grossly overpaid. Only reason I wanted Chandler was to get CP3, but Chandler's contract is gonna look ugly in a year or 2.

Someone is really gonna give Nene max dollars, are these ppl insane? Good luck with that.

DeAndre is gonna get overpaid, but what the hell. We are the Warriors and thats what we do.

I agree with you, but the Warriors will never get anyone to play here without over paying them.

MackShock
12-08-2011, 09:16 PM
Get Jordan..

Monta is beast
12-08-2011, 09:52 PM
Get Jordan..

Do you think he will come out of retirement?

MackShock
12-08-2011, 09:57 PM
Do you think he will come out of retirement?

I was talking about Crawford..:)

Monta is beast
12-08-2011, 09:59 PM
I was talking about Crawford..:)

Get him and where a lock!

MackShock
12-08-2011, 10:08 PM
Get him and where a lock!

we're....

Id prefer J-Rich over him though.

Scoots
12-08-2011, 10:50 PM
Don't have to overpay to get players to come here, have to overpay in a weak free agent market! Let's let it pass and go after next years free agents and a very strong draft class.

MackShock
12-08-2011, 10:53 PM
i still think we should sign j-rich..im sure hes willing to take a paycut to come home.

BAYAREA_fan_415
12-08-2011, 11:08 PM
we should go after DeAndre Jordon, hes a younger version of Tyson Chandler and is funner to watcg, not to mention he wont cost AS much

likemystylez
12-08-2011, 11:17 PM
if the warriors dont land paul or chandler it will basically be the front office tanking the season

MackShock
12-09-2011, 12:02 AM
if the warriors dont land paul or chandler it will basically be the front office tanking the season

this is totally false.

but lets say it was true..

warriors should tank, forget jackson's guarantee for the playoffs to the fans..lets just get harrison barnes..

Bayareaboy
12-09-2011, 12:13 AM
this is totally false.

but lets say it was true..

warriors should tank, forget jackson's guarantee for the playoffs to the fans..lets just get harrison barnes..

Another year of sucking? Shoot y not the warriors seem so good at it. I think we need to make a push at gasol before trying to get deandre

MackShock
12-09-2011, 12:26 AM
Another year of sucking? Shoot y not the warriors seem so good at it. I think we need to make a push at gasol before trying to get deandre

grizz have said theyd match anything...

but i hope u didnt take my comment literally..it was hypothetically, in response to stylez comment

MackShock
12-09-2011, 12:27 AM
by the way, it makes no sense to say that the warriors are tanking when they dont get the free agent they want, and that they dont want to trade away their future point guard for one that doesnt want to sign with us.

pretty smart if you ask me..i wouldve done it if he agreed to an extension. but reports have quoted paul as saying he wouldnt sign an extension with the clippers, celtics, or warriors.

likemystylez
12-09-2011, 12:29 AM
by the way, it makes no sense to say that the warriors are tanking when they dont get the free agent they want, and that they dont want to trade away their future point guard for one that doesnt want to sign with us.

pretty smart if you ask me..i wouldve done it if he agreed to an extension. but reports have quoted paul as saying he wouldnt sign an extension with the clippers, celtics, or warriors.

walking back into training camp with the same roster that just won 36 games and trying to convince the fans that big things are coming?....Maybe not tanking but not exactly seperating yourself from previous ownership either. Im not saying its gonna be easy, but NY had a pretty easy time changing tyson chandlers mind in one morning.... while reportedly offering him even less money.

likemystylez
12-09-2011, 12:32 AM

I heard that he wasnt ready to commit to it at the time of the trade, but the addition of chandler would help a lot. PLus paul knows mike malone and respects mark jackson.... obviously the front office would have a year to convince him that they were serious about becoming contenders and they would have to make some things happen.

It all really doesnt matter cuz the warriors appear to have left the table without a back up plan whatsoever..... They were not prepared, its as simple as that.

Bayareaboy
12-09-2011, 12:45 AM
grizz have said theyd match anything...

but i hope u didnt take my comment literally..it was hypothetically, in response to stylez comment

O ok sorry man

Kdirt
12-09-2011, 12:50 AM
I heard that he wasnt ready to commit to it at the time of the trade, but the addition of chandler would help a lot. PLus paul knows mike malone and respects mark jackson.... obviously the front office would have a year to convince him that they were serious about becoming contenders and they would have to make some things happen.

It all really doesnt matter cuz the warriors appear to have left the table without a back up plan whatsoever..... They were not prepared, its as simple as that.

There is not much you can do when the prized FA on the market is simply a defensive C who is going to be overpaid which we put a huge offer out to and simply got denied. We did all that we could do to land Chandler. Plan B, as you put it, is DeAndre Jordan which to me is garbage, but there just isnt anything out on the market to make a move on. We are the Warriors, we will forever be bad unless we hit lottery gold.

MackShock
12-09-2011, 12:52 AM
Well, first time owners..even though I's sure they shouldve known a thing or two about negotiations. It's all because of Larry Riley...

by the way, i heard 4 years 60 million wasnt even the offer..it was more like 4 years at 13 or 14 annually..that would make it 56 million, 2 less than what the Knicks offered.

Lloyd Christmas
12-09-2011, 01:15 AM
^ yeah I heard 4 years 52 mil and it "might" have gone up to 56 mil.

MackShock
12-09-2011, 01:18 AM
damn reporters...

chandler would take 2 mill less to play with amare and melo...thats also a great trio if you ask me.

iFYouSeekAmy
12-09-2011, 01:57 AM
Stern stopped the Chris Paul trade... maybe they would disapprove the Chandler signing?

That'll probably be our only chance at getting him though. We could only hope he signs here.

MackShock
12-09-2011, 01:59 AM
Why would they stop it? New York has been a sucky team for years..largest media market, wouldnt they want them to be half decent?

likemystylez
12-09-2011, 02:01 AM
Why would they stop it? New York has been a sucky team for years..largest media market, wouldnt they want them to be half decent?

they have 2 superstars, Im not sure what constitutes half decent but there are other teams in a lot worse shape... like the warriors for one. As this team is constructed... I dont even think the play offs are a gaurentee at this point. The knicks will be fine.

iFYouSeekAmy
12-09-2011, 02:27 AM
I mean of course David Stern wouldn't want to screw over his Knicks.

MackShock
12-09-2011, 02:29 AM
I was reading the NBA forum that blocking the Paul trade was wrong..

but if they traded for Dwight Howard then they should have blocked it