PDA

View Full Version : Knicks Close To Deal For Tyson Chandler 4 Yrs/58 million

Punk
12-08-2011, 04:39 PM
The Knicks are nearing completion on a deal with Tyson Chandler worth $58 million over four seasons.

After their efforts to trade for Chris Paul stalled, sources say the Knicks intensified their efforts to sign Chandler.

In order to sign Chandler, the Knicks will need either amnesty or trade Chauncey Billups.

The Warriors were previously in the market for Chandler, but they are all but out of the running.
Via Adrian Wojnarowski/Yahoo! Sports

Read more: http://basketball.******.com/wiretap/217156/Knicks_Close_To_$58M_Deal_For_Chandler#ixzz1fygAt7 oY

So, Knicks will bow out of Paul deals. This is Plan B.

metsfanssince05
12-08-2011, 04:40 PM
What?!?!?!?

GhostfaceDrilla
12-08-2011, 04:41 PM
here is my analysis.

He will NOT be as good as he was here because outside of him, no one else really plays D on that team.

However, he will be a great help and will allow Amare to play his game more. He'll average around 10-10. Good signing. Don't like Melo but I don't have a problem with any other Knick.

Wade>You
12-08-2011, 04:42 PM
here is my analysis.

He will NOT be as good as he was here because outside of him, no one else really plays D on that team.

However, he will be a great help and will allow Amare to play his game more. He'll average around 10-10. Good signing. Don't like Melo but I don't have a problem with any other Knick.Sounds like a familiar situation for Chandler.

Kashmir13579
12-08-2011, 04:43 PM
Two hands for safety.

GhostfaceDrilla
12-08-2011, 04:44 PM
Sounds like a familiar situation for Chandler.

1. Shawn Marion
2. Jason Kidd
3. DeShawn Stevenson
4. Brendan Haywood
5. Corey Brewer

All of these are great defenders. Even Dirk isn't as bad as people think.

tcav701
12-08-2011, 04:44 PM
He's going to foul out of every game.

RevisIsland
12-08-2011, 04:45 PM
All things considered I thought he'd get more money, I'm happy with the deal, I hope we don't have to use the amnesty on Chauncey though I hope someone takes him, this is a risky deal with Chandler's health issues I'd like to save it just in case.

JNA17
I don't care if I get flamed for this, but without the Mavs, Chandler is back to his Bobcats self. In other words...he's a system player and won't be as good as he was with the Mavs or even the Hornets.

I could be dead wrong but it's just my prediction.

central2003
Wow! thats a lot of $$$ no wonder Kincks were in the lead for him. They are one of the very few teams that will pay him that much money.

Punk
12-08-2011, 04:46 PM
here is my analysis.

However, he will be a great help and will allow Amare to play his game more. He'll average around 10-10. Good signing. Don't like Melo but I don't have a problem with any other Knick.

....Dirk plays Defense? Lol

He's an elite free agent BECAUSE the Mavericks were not a good defensive team. Besides, our guys do want to play defense and they did very good at it in the playoffs but they got injured.

Hoping that doesn't happen to anyone on this team. Amare wanted a big man, Melo wanted a big man. They got him.

GhostfaceDrilla
12-08-2011, 04:48 PM
....Dirk plays Defense? Lol

He's an elite free agent BECAUSE the Mavericks were not a good defensive team. Besides, our guys do want to play defense and they did very good at it in the playoffs but they got injured.

Hoping that doesn't happen to anyone on this team. Amare wanted a big man, Melo wanted a big man. They got him.

Yes. But don't act like those players weren't good defensively before he got there.

Yes. Dirk does play defense. Look outside of his goofy white 7 foot frame. He does play defense...

Heediot
Looks like the LA teams are the frontrunners if this **** is true.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
lol at knicks fans who said CP3 would be 100% knicks:laugh2:

Punk
12-08-2011, 04:49 PM
Wow! thats a lot of $$$ no wonder Kincks were in the lead for him. They are one of the very few teams that will pay him that much money.

He took less. Golden State offered 60 million.

Kashmir13579
12-08-2011, 04:50 PM
1. Shawn Marion
2. Jason Kidd
3. DeShawn Stevenson
4. Brendan Haywood
5. Corey Brewer

Shawn Marion isn't a top defender anymore, Brendan Haywood was rarely if ever on the court alongside Chandler, and Brewer didn't get ANY minutes.

Your list should look more like this...

1. Jason Kidd
2. Deshawn Stevenson

Douglas plays defense, so does Jeffries, and so does 'Melo! (at least what i saw from him in 31 games)

metsfanssince05
12-08-2011, 04:50 PM
lol at knicks fans who said CP3 would be 100% knicks:laugh2:Yeah and there the *******s. And your an ******* for that sig so **** off. Dont hate cus we finally got a squad. Dont hate.

Punk
12-08-2011, 04:51 PM

Check out a new CBA rule:

A new "renegotiation and extension" provision allows an existing contract to be renegotiated so the player is paid a smaller amount over a longer period, but the player's salary cannot decrease by more than 40 percent. Renegotiations previously could only increase a player's salary.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/73294 ... -agreement

Still wanna laugh?

Sadds The Gr8
12-08-2011, 04:52 PM
Shawn Marion isn't a top defender anymore, Brendan Haywood was rarely if ever on the court alongside Chandler, and Brewer didn't get ANY minutes.

1. Jason Kidd
2. Deshawn Stevenson

Douglas plays defense, so does Jeffries, and so does 'Melo! (at least what i saw from him in 31 games)

Marion played Lebron and Durant very well in the playoffs. To say Marion isn't a good defender is dumb...

Sadds The Gr8
12-08-2011, 04:52 PM

Yeah and there the *******s. And your an ******* for that sig so **** off. Dont hate cus we finally got a squad. Dont hate.

:laugh2:

Kashmir13579
12-08-2011, 04:53 PM

In your opinion, what do you bring to the table?

Monta is beast
12-08-2011, 04:54 PM

A new "renegotiation and extension" provision allows an existing contract to be renegotiated so the player is paid a smaller amount over a longer period, but the player's salary cannot decrease by more than 40 percent. Renegotiations previously could only increase a player's salary

Still wanna laugh?

Yes because there is still a salary cap. And as of right now you barely have enough to sign a role player. Paul to NY is a no go.

Slug3

A new "renegotiation and extension" provision allows an existing contract to be renegotiated so the player is paid a smaller amount over a longer period, but the player's salary cannot decrease by more than 40 percent. Renegotiations previously could only increase a player's salary.

Still wanna laugh?

So is this something like a team can add and extra year to a deal as an extension, but still pay a player the amount of the original offer? So instead of like 10 million a year they can add a year and make it 7 million a yaer or something?

Kashmir13579
Marion played Lebron and Durant very well in the playoffs. To say Marion isn't a good defender is dumb...

I didn't say he wasn't a good defender, i was responding to a post that said he was a "great defender". I think that is true anymore. In Phoenix it was true.

Mudvayne91
I don't care if I get flamed for this, but without the Mavs, Chandler is back to his Bobcats self. In other words...he's a system player and won't be as good as he was with the Mavs or even the Hornets.

I could be dead wrong but it's just my prediction.

I would agree dependent on if the team was equal to the same talent level with the Bobcats. I don't think the Knicks fall in that category though. I think it's a good move for the Knicks personally. He brings something that team sorely needs in a impressive defensive presence and he should get some nice looks with the opposing D having to pay attention to Melo and Amare. As you said though, just my opinion as well.

Swashcuff
1. Shawn Marion
2. Jason Kidd
3. DeShawn Stevenson
4. Brendan Haywood
5. Corey Brewer

Corey Brewer and DeShawn Stevenson are FAR from great defenders. FAR!

GhostfaceDrilla

1. Jason Kidd
2. Deshawn Stevenson

This is why no one can stand Knicks fans. Marion locked down Durant, Kobe, and LeBron when he guarded them and has beena great defender his whole career. When Haywood was on the floor, he scored 1 point a game yet he was still very valuable. Why? Because he was a great paint defender.

And I get laughed at for calling Dirk a good defender and then you come and say Melo plays good D? Jeffries is such garbage and Douglas is a decent defender.

Damn, I tell Knicks fans that I like the signing for them and tell them that it will help and they are still d'bags...

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-08-2011, 04:56 PM

Still wanna laugh?

Are you kidding me?

melo and amare and chandler are eating almost every dollar the knicks can offer.

CP3 would sign for 5 millions or less cmon dude?

GhostfaceDrilla
12-08-2011, 04:56 PM

Stevenson is a very good defender... That's what his NBA role has been for his entire career. That's why he started for us in the playoffs and alot of the reg. season.

Punk
12-08-2011, 04:58 PM
It's called luxury tax people. We still have an MLE as well. We have enough for role players. Please know your stuff.

So is this something like a team can add and extra year to a deal as an extension, but still pay a player the amount of the original offer? So instead of like 10 million a year they can add a year and make it 7 million a yaer or something?

Exactly. That's 3 million less or so on a max contract.

Sactown
12-08-2011, 04:59 PM

Still wanna laugh?

Wait, so Amare and Melo can renegotiate for less money?

Swashcuff
12-08-2011, 04:59 PM
Stevenson is a very good defender... That's what his NBA role has been for his entire career. That's why he started for us in the playoffs and alot of the reg. season.

As a Mavericks fan I would have expected better from someone who actually watches him play but whatever. Also and because its his role it doesn't mean he's great at it. He's above average but neither he nor Brewer are even top 15 defenders at their respective positions so I have no idea exactly how they can be seen as great.

Kashmir13579
12-08-2011, 05:01 PM
This is why no one can stand Knicks fans. Marion locked down Durant, Kobe, and LeBron when he guarded them and has beena great defender his whole career. When Haywood was on the floor, he scored 1 point a game yet he was still very valuable. Why? Because he was a great paint defender.

And I get laughed at for calling Dirk a good defender and then you come and say Melo plays good D? Jeffries is such garbage and Douglas is a decent defender.

Damn, I tell Knicks fans that I like the signing for them and tell them that it will help and they are still d'bags...

I'm sorry but i don't buy that the Mavs are even in the convo defensively without Chandler. This is a "we'll just have to wait and see" type thing. I'm sorry if i upset you i didn't mean any disrespect.

P.S Jeffries shut down KG in the playoffs last year. I know a lot of people don't like him, and don't wanna give him credit for anything.

GhostfaceDrilla
12-08-2011, 05:03 PM
I'm sorry but i don't buy that the Mavs are even in the convo defensively without Chandler. This is a "we'll just have to wait and see" type thing. I'm sorry if i upset you i didn't mean any disrespect.

P.S Jeffries shut down KG in the playoffs last year. I know a lot of people don't like him, and don't wanna give him credit for anything.

It's all good. I'm just tired of people (not you) still giving disrespect to us even after we beat Miami. Still seems like some think Miami won.

GhostfaceDrilla
12-08-2011, 05:04 PM
As a Mavericks fan I would have expected better from someone who actually watches him play but whatever. Also and because its his role it doesn't mean he's great at it. He's above average but neither he nor Brewer are even top 15 defenders at their respective positions so I have no idea exactly how they can be seen as great.

I did watch him. Every game. If you define great as Garnett, Chandler, T. Allen, etc... then he isn't great but he is a very good defender. Brewer didn't get PT but when he plays he will show he is a good defender. With Butler gone, he will surely get alot more PT.

Kashmir13579
12-08-2011, 05:05 PM

Corey Brewer didn't even play. As far as an aging Kidd and Marion, (defensively) Do you think without Chandler clogging up the lane, Wade and James settle for contested jumpers? I don't think so.

CostanzaNumba0
Are you kidding me?

melo and amare and chandler are eating almost every dollar the knicks can offer.

CP3 would sign for 5 millions or less cmon dude?

Its obvious theyre going to make a move for nash either this year or next

onlythisfar41
Even though I dont want this to happen, im still hearing A LOT of rumblings about Amare being on the table in a possible trade for CP3

Now I hope this doesnt happen mostly because I dont think the deal would get done. However what would happen is you would have a very pissed off Amare when he finds out the Knicks truly tried to trade him.

Im okay with how this played out, I never thought that CP3 was even close to a done deal with the Knicks so Im happy we went and got a player who filled a need rather than waiting for the hope that we could get CP3.

Swashcuff
12-08-2011, 05:07 PM
I did watch him. Every game. If you define great as Garnett, Chandler, T. Allen, etc... then he isn't great but he is a very good defender. Brewer didn't get PT but when he plays he will show he is a good defender. With Butler gone, he will surely get alot more PT.

Honestly I'd trust my eyes against yours in this discussion because IMO he is no more than just par in terms of D. As for Brewer I can only speak of his time as a member of the Wolves and his D was beyond overrated, he made so many bone headed decisions on that end of the floor its not funny. You'll soon be properly acquainted with that however.

SteBO
12-08-2011, 05:08 PM
It would have to be next year then, because Robert Sarver has refused time and time again to trade Nash.

Kashmir13579
12-08-2011, 05:09 PM
It's all good. I'm just tired of people (not you) still giving disrespect to us even after we beat Miami. Still seems like some think Miami won.

Nah man i was rooting for the Mavs big time. I love Dirk and Jason Kidd. You guys deserve all the respect and many look at the Mavs as heroes. David vs Goliath type ****.

avon_barksdale
12-08-2011, 05:09 PM
congrats to chandler, that a bg pay day.
def makes them knicks a problem in the east now. melo amare and chandler, that be a frontcourt wit some size

Kashmir13579
12-08-2011, 05:12 PM
It would have to be next year then, because Robert Sarver has refused time and time again to trade Nash.

If Nash wants out, Phoenix would have to be ungrateful little @#$%% to not meet his wishes. (imo)

Nash deserves a shot with the Heat or Knicks.

tcav701
12-08-2011, 05:12 PM

As obvious as CP3 to the knicks was 2 days ago?

Pierzynski4Prez
12-08-2011, 05:13 PM

Still wanna laugh?

I don't get the point of this post. How does that change that Amare, Melo, and Chandler take up 51 million in cap space? Is CP3 going to sign the Vet minimum or something?

the unknown
12-08-2011, 05:14 PM
and no pg.. hopefully shumpert and douglas learn to throw accurate alley oops..

Pierzynski4Prez
12-08-2011, 05:15 PM
Wait, so Amare and Melo can renegotiate for less money?

1 of them can. I bet they'll be fighting over who get it. :eyebrow:

dtmagnet
12-08-2011, 05:15 PM
Good signing for the Knicks, honestly I think this is better than tying up 100% of their cap on Chris Paul.

dtmagnet
12-08-2011, 05:16 PM
If Nash wants out, Phoenix would have to be ungrateful little @#$%% to not meet his wishes. (imo)

Nash would never do that, he's had the chance to say so already and hasn't.

Kashmir13579
12-08-2011, 05:16 PM
Nash would never do that, he's had the chance to say so already and hasn't.

Nash is too much of a class act, even for his own good.

tcav701
12-08-2011, 05:17 PM
I see Nash going back to Dallas after they miss out on Deron/CP3

John Walls Era
12-08-2011, 05:18 PM
here is my analysis.

I agree with this. Add in to the fact that no one on the Knicks coaching staff has as good defensive schemes as Dwane Casey (or maybe they do, but they just don't apply it).

John Walls Era
12-08-2011, 05:21 PM

Suns owner has shown time and time again that he is ungrateful. That was a huge reason why the Suns run and gun was broken up and how they continued to trade away their first rounders under Bryan Colangelo's reign to save money.

I agree that Nash deserves a shot. If he goes to the Knicks, the Knicks become instant contenders (arguable that they are contenders now) ONLY if Nash continues to play at this level (which I think he can even though hes getting really old).

Geargo Wallace
12-08-2011, 05:22 PM
As a Raptors fan, I would love for the Knicks to do that!

onlythisfar41
12-08-2011, 05:23 PM
Suns owner has shown time and time again that he is ungrateful. That was a huge reason why the Suns run and gun was broken up and how they continued to trade away their first rounders under Bryan Colangelo's reign to save money.

I agree that Nash deserves a shot. If he goes to the Knicks, the Knicks become instant contenders (arguable that they are contenders now) ONLY if Nash continues to play at this level (which I think he can even though hes getting really old).

Hes younger than JKidd and look how thats working out so far

YoungOne
12-08-2011, 05:23 PM
good signing now, but will hurt in the 3rd or 4th year I guess

Pierzynski4Prez
12-08-2011, 05:25 PM
Hes younger than JKidd and look how thats working out so far

Doesn't mean anything in regards to Nash and his health.

colinskik
12-08-2011, 05:26 PM
1. Shawn Marion
2. Jason Kidd
3. DeShawn Stevenson
4. Brendan Haywood
5. Corey Brewer

This is an unrealistic view of your team.

Haywood never got any minutes, nor did Brewer.

And Stevenson only got time because Caron went down. And even when he got time his D was good ... not great.

If you're going to overstate players' defensive prowess, then you can't get mad when Knicks fans rightly say that TOney Douglas is a very good defender, Jeffries is a good help defender and takes charges, and Melo even shows flashes of top quality defensive. Hell, Amare even was close to the top in blocks last season.

The Knicks have fairly good help defenders and by adding Chandler, the overall team defense will improve.

strahan92osi72
12-08-2011, 05:26 PM
Now that Amare finally has a legitimate center next to him, he is gonna be even more nasty. Tyson isn't gonna only improve the Knicks interior defense, he is gonna do wonders for Amare's game now that he no longer has to have the pressure of being the only NBA caliber big man on the team.

sixer04fan
12-08-2011, 05:30 PM
Honestly I think this could be a better move for the Knicks than getting Paul. He makes them a better defensive unit, and Melo likes handling the ball anyways. This should also make Amare much better.

As a Sixers fan, I was kind of hoping the Knicks would trade off whatever depth they had left along with future draft picks to get Paul. I don't think he would have made them that much better at the expense of losing whatever role players they have left. Paul also would not have made them a better defensive team, which has been their main problem.

JetsNation24
12-08-2011, 05:30 PM
PG: Shumpert and Douglas
SG: Fields
SF: Melo and Williams
PF: Amare
C: Chandler and Jefferies

Thats basically the team right now, not bad I think

OA SLAY
12-08-2011, 05:41 PM

1. Jason Kidd
2. Deshawn Stevenson

Did you watch the finals at all? Without Marion Heat win, easily

MrPaulD
12-08-2011, 05:51 PM
Now that Amare finally has a legitimate center next to him, he is gonna be even more nasty. Tyson isn't gonna only improve the Knicks interior defense, he is gonna do wonders for Amare's game now that he no longer has to have the pressure of being the only NBA caliber big man on the team.

This. A few seasons back when Robin Lopez was actually filling his role at the C and playing solid D. Amare went on a TEAR. He is so much more effective when he doesn't have to battle all night with the bigs down low. I can't wait to seem paired up, going to be nasty. :clap:

GhostfaceDrilla
12-08-2011, 05:56 PM
This is an unrealistic view of your team.

Haywood never got any minutes, nor did Brewer.

And Stevenson only got time because Caron went down. And even when he got time his D was good ... not great.

If you're going to overstate players' defensive prowess, then you can't get mad when Knicks fans rightly say that TOney Douglas is a very good defender, Jeffries is a good help defender and takes charges, and Melo even shows flashes of top quality defensive. Hell, Amare even was close to the top in blocks last season.

The Knicks have fairly good help defenders and by adding Chandler, the overall team defense will improve.

So Chandler played 48 minutes a game right?

In the playoffs, Stevenson's D was GREAT.

Saying Melo shows top quality D is very unrealistic, but he is better than MJ to alot of Knicks fans so I guess it's reasonable.

97NYer
12-08-2011, 06:11 PM
So right now

Douglas/Shumpert/Rautins
Fields
Melo/Balkman
Amar'e/Jeffries
Chandler/Harrelson

Sign Grant Hill for MLE, re-sign Shawne Williams
Also this is assuming we S & T Billups and Turiaf for Chandler

Douglas/Shumpert/Rautins
Hill/Fields
Melo/Williams/Balkman
Amar'e/Jeffries
Chandler/Harrelson

definite contenders

AIMelo=KillaDUO
12-08-2011, 06:16 PM
1. Shawn Marion
2. Jason Kidd
3. DeShawn Stevenson
4. Brendan Haywood
5. Corey Brewer

Woahhhh! Since when was Haywood, Brewer, and Stevenson considered "great" defenders?? :confused:

Mr_Amaziing
12-08-2011, 06:22 PM
So right now

Douglas/Shumpert/Rautins
Fields
Melo/Balkman
Amar'e/Jeffries
Chandler/Harrelson

Sign Grant Hill for MLE, re-sign Shawne Williams
Also this is assuming we S & T Billups and Turiaf for Chandler

Douglas/Shumpert/Rautins
Hill/Fields
Melo/Williams/Balkman
Amar'e/Jeffries
Chandler/Harrelson

definite contenders

Wow! That's a Niice lineup

theheatles
12-08-2011, 06:31 PM
amare and melo supposedly made fun of bosh for being articulate but tyson chandler is even fruitier

Litchris12
12-08-2011, 06:32 PM
Why isn't anybody talking about mike Woodson and what he is gonna do with chandler as his defensive anchor. The knicks are gonna be up there with the Celtics concerning with defense. I'm excited.

theheatles
12-08-2011, 06:33 PM
Woahhhh! Since when was Haywood, Brewer, and Stevenson considered "great" defenders?? :confused:

haywood is a good post defender and rebounder and brewer has always been a defensive stopper his whole life...but stevenson sucks at life

KnickaBocka.44
12-08-2011, 06:35 PM
Wow! That's a Niice lineup

Hill is said to be choosing between the Suns and the Spurs now, the Knicks have been eliminated because we are now trying to shed payroll.

Iman can fill in at the 2 guard at times as well but I think we still need to look at a vet backcourt player. Maybe we can look at amnestied players?

Evolution23
12-08-2011, 06:59 PM
So Chandler played 48 minutes a game right?

In the playoffs, Stevenson's D was GREAT.

Saying Melo shows top quality D is very unrealistic, but he is better than MJ to alot of Knicks fans so I guess it's reasonable.

idk why u keep saying that over and over. We love Melo out here but everyone knows MJ is the GOAT. As for stevenson D, he is a good defender but not a difference maker.

Shortys4711
12-08-2011, 08:52 PM
Hopefully Nash goes to the Knicks would love to see that line up. Always wanted Chandler to play for the Suns back when we had STAT. Nash might as well leave asap we aint going to be doing anything anytime soon. Good ol Saver has destroyed this team one piece at a time.

Evolution23
12-08-2011, 08:56 PM
Hopefully Nash goes to the Knicks would love to see that line up. Always wanted Chandler to play for the Suns back when we had STAT. Nash might as well leave asap we aint going to be doing anything anytime soon. Good ol Saver has destroyed this team one piece at a time.

As a Knick fan I would love to see Nash and Amare reunited. With Chandler in the middle, that would be a amazing all around team.

Shortys4711
12-08-2011, 09:07 PM
As a Knick fan I would love to see Nash and Amare reunited. With Chandler in the middle, that would be a amazing all around team.

Yeah I reckon man, that would be crazy, and with melo as well. just awesome

metsfanssince05
12-08-2011, 09:11 PM
Melo
Stat
Chandler

is pretty awesome

Now if we can get a PG we are set and a legit threat.

UPRock
12-08-2011, 09:22 PM
I can see Nash going to New York.

Chronz
12-08-2011, 09:24 PM
NOW Im liking this NY team especially Billups has another year in him

believeinNYK
12-08-2011, 09:27 PM
if we could somehow get nash asap then this wont be too bad

effen5
12-08-2011, 09:55 PM
This is going to be as bad as trading for Eddy Curry.

knicks09
12-09-2011, 12:31 AM
why isn't anybody talking about mike woodson and what he is gonna do with chandler as his defensive anchor.the knicks are gonna be up there with the celtics concerning with defense. I'm excited.

this

Swashcuff
12-09-2011, 12:34 AM
this

Because unless your name is Dwight Howard you by yourself will not be anchoring any team's D. Its a team effort.

NYYCowboys
12-09-2011, 12:43 AM
This deal is still on right?

knicks09
12-09-2011, 12:49 AM
Because unless your name is Dwight Howard you by yourself will not be anchoring any team's D. Its a team effort.

No I mean about how no one is talking about Mike Woodson in general

Swashcuff
12-09-2011, 01:01 AM
No I mean about how no one is talking about Mike Woodson in general

Well Woodson is old news, right now everyone's primary focus is on the players.

spurs4#5
12-09-2011, 01:06 AM
is this deal still on now that paul is back on the market?

LAOwnsAll15
12-09-2011, 01:08 AM
Why are the Knicks always paying for hype?

You would think they would be over this **** and finally be serious about building a good team. Paying an average player that had a career year, top dollar, is not winning.

knicks=love
12-09-2011, 01:14 AM
yes people, this deal is basically done. we're pretty much out of the running for chris paul right now.

by right now, and i know i'll get **** for saying this, i mean that during FA, we still have a shot at him. if you think about it, we have his 3 best friends who are the 3 guys he has said he wants to team up with the most. IF amar'e and melo were to renegotiate their contracts to take less, chris paul could still come here. i honestly don't see it happening, but i won't let it slip underneath me.

iggypop123
12-09-2011, 01:16 AM
is this deal still on now that paul is back on the market?

he cant be in the market. stern would implicate himself by allowing trades to other teams. paul is in new orleans for the rest of the year and there is nothing he can do about it. if you think he wouldnt veto a trade to the knicks you are nuts. he wont even let them talk.

iggypop123
12-09-2011, 01:18 AM
yes people, this deal is basically done. we're pretty much out of the running for chris paul right now.

by right now, and i know i'll get **** for saying this, i mean that during FA, we still have a shot at him. if you think about it, we have his 3 best friends who are the 3 guys he has said he wants to team up with the most. IF amar'e and melo were to renegotiate their contracts to take less, chris paul could still come here. i honestly don't see it happening, but i won't let it slip underneath me.

guaranteed contracts. you cant renegotiate. once its signed its done.

spurs4#5
12-09-2011, 01:18 AM
he cant be in the market. stern would implicate himself by allowing trades to other teams. paul is in new orleans for the rest of the year and there is nothing he can do about it. if you think he wouldnt veto a trade to the knicks you are nuts. he wont even let them talk.

no i know that...but the original idea was for paul to go to the knicks next summer and thats why the knicks were gonna only sign peple to one year deals

LAOwnsAll15
12-09-2011, 01:20 AM

You have got to be shittin me man.
The Lakers just gave up way more then the Knicks can even afford to give up and they just got told to "F OFF" by stern. Why would he then turn around and let CP3 go to the Knicks in a rape scenario trade?!?!

Im honestly confused.

Evolution23
12-09-2011, 01:22 AM
amare and melo supposedly made fun of bosh for being articulate but tyson chandler is even fruitier

Tyson Chandler will eat Bosh for his appetizer. Bosh will be Chandler's salad with fat free dressing.

sunnydayin'zona
12-09-2011, 01:22 AM
When Amare was on the suns, we all thought that Chandler would be a great fit next to him. I guess we'll see how it goes

knicks=love
12-09-2011, 01:24 AM
guaranteed contracts. you cant renegotiate. once its signed its done.

i heard it on ESPN radio this afternoon. that's the only possible way it happens. in the new cba, it says that you can renegotiate contracts but the decrease can't be less than 40% from the previous year.

edit: (suck on this) http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=674741

csenoner
12-09-2011, 01:45 AM
here is my analysis.

Everyone says that no one on the knicks playes d, but thats not accurate.

Ok, so people say melo and amare dont play d. I disagree with that. i dont think they are good defenders but they arent bad. that is overstated.

either way, even if u want to say those 2 dont play d, look at the rest of the team:

douglas, fields, shumpert, turiaf, (possibly grant hill), jeffries, balkman, walker.

to be honest every one of those dudes is a defensive specialists. Those are all role players who are going to play hard on d, get the ball to amare and melo, and hit shots if they have to. Add chandler to the mix and the Knicks are loaded with defensive talent.

I mean shumpert, douglas, fields, hill, walker - that is stacked perimeter defensive depth.

Assuming billups gets bought out:

douglas/shumpert
hill (if they get him)/fields
melo/walker
amare/turiaf
chandler/jeffries

that looks good to me.

To be honest I think the chandler signing is a bad move. i like him, i think he'l help, but, its too much money for him especially give his age. 4 years is too much. true we needed help at c more than pg, so it makes sense to lose chauncey for him in that sense, but i think it would have been good to roll with chauncey this year and to save the $ for next year.

Also wasting amnesty could be bad if we use it on chauncey.

I mean, really, if we could trade billups instead of amnesty, then, we can save the amnesty. In this case next year if we hear paul, dwight or deron wants to come to ny (which may happen if the league wont trade paul), we can just amnesty chandler. this way we can be comeptitive this year without given up next year's cap room.

Also, I think nene would have been a better signing than chandler and i think he can be had for less money, leaving cash for a nother couple players. 14.5 mill is too much for chandler. i think at 10 its a legit signing.

either way, the knicks will be a force this year, and who knows nash might be willin to join the squad for cheap next year to rejoin hill, amare, dantoni.

utl768
12-09-2011, 01:46 AM
i like it

gives them a legit center

knicks will be tough this yr