PDA

View Full Version : Rockets Working On Three-Way Deal That Would Send Paul To Lakers

Pages : [1] 2

JordansBulls
12-08-2011, 03:26 PM
Who does New Orleans get in this?

The Rockets have been working with the Lakers and Hornets on a three-team trade that would result in Chris Paul going to Los Angeles.

Houston would presumably acquire one of the big men from the Lakers, as either Andrew Bynum or Pau Gasol would need to be dealt by the Lakers.

Via Sam Amick/SI.com (via Twitter)]

ChrisMannixSI Chris Mannix
Piggybacking off @sam_amick tweet, Lakers/Rockets/Hornets discussing a deal that would send CP3 to LA, Pau to Houston.

Rockets, sources say, were hot after Nene. Rival execs believe he is headed back to Denver at a max or close to max deal.

Houston sees Gasol as the next best option.

WojYahooNBA Adrian Wojnarowski
As SI.com reports, the Lakers, Hornets and Rockets are engaged in 3-way talks on deal that would send Chris Paul to Lakers.

The Lakers are trying to do a deal for Chris Paul that will allow them to keep Andrew Bymum, front office source says.

J4KOP99
12-08-2011, 03:27 PM
Good lord. Don't get me excited here for no reason.

Ripper Gein
12-08-2011, 03:28 PM
Abso freaking lutely!!!

Cal827
12-08-2011, 03:29 PM
In the Knick thread, it said that Bynum would be retained.... I don't understand why Houston would do this deal at all then... NO is going into rebuild, but Houston needs a Center

beliges
12-08-2011, 03:30 PM
I dont see the Lakers trading Pau in a deal that would enable them to acquire CP3 unless they also had a deal in place that would get them Howard. Pau for CP3 is not a good deal for the Lakers. Dont give up a very good big for a very good PG.

nickdymez
12-08-2011, 03:30 PM
Oh ****!

DLeeicious
12-08-2011, 03:32 PM

Good question. Can't really see who they would get that would make them pull the trigger on this. Scola I would assume but that in itself is clearly not enough. Maybe Yao + a time machine?

DLeeicious
12-08-2011, 03:33 PM
I dont see the Lakers trading Pau in a deal that would enable them to acquire CP3 unless they also had a deal in place that would get them Howard. Pau for CP3 is not a good deal for the Lakers. Dont give up a very good big for a very good PG.

It's a great deal for the Lakers who desperately need a PG post triangle offense. They can bump Odom to start at the 4 with Bynum.

CP3
Kobe
_____
Odom
Bynum

Is pretty damn good.

Hester23Jordan
12-08-2011, 03:35 PM
I don't see why NO would want to this if they are not getting either Bynum or Gasol.

Slimsim
12-08-2011, 03:35 PM
Lakers win again

last stand
12-08-2011, 03:36 PM
Rumors are hot that Houston wants to have a gasol brothers reunion in Houston

Marc and pau

Marketing and team wise it makes sense

HouRealCoach
12-08-2011, 03:36 PM
Good move by Lakers but too bad Knicks are digging themselves a deep hole

J4KOP99
12-08-2011, 03:37 PM
I still don't understand what New Orleans would be getting.

5ass
12-08-2011, 03:38 PM
i guess Gasol is gone then. Its crazy that the lakers will send gasol and not bynum. Although Cp3, kobe, artest, odom, bynum could do some damage in the west if artest can get his **** together offensively (doubt it) and bynum is healthy (also doubt it). They should keep gasol and deal bynum if they can. Gasol is a much better player.

TheKnight
12-08-2011, 03:38 PM
What are the Hornets getting?

Cal827
12-08-2011, 03:39 PM

Probably picks from both teams and some prospects (Ebanks and Patterson) as well as the utility man Terrence Williams.

beliges
It's a great deal for the Lakers who desperately need a PG post triangle offense. They can bump Odom to start at the 4 with Bynum.

CP3
Kobe
_____
Odom
Bynum

Is pretty damn good.

I disagree. I dont put much merit in these rumors because I find it very very improbable that the Lakers trade Pau for CP3. Again, the only way Lakers do this is if they have Howard locked in a deal for Bynum. Outside of that scenario, Lakers will be losing in this deal if they get rid of Pau. I dont see much of a likelihood of this happening. Just another speculation rumor.

Ripper Gein
Dont jinx this ****!!!

The_Jamal
12-08-2011, 03:40 PM
Probably picks from both teams and some of the Rockets younger talent like Patterson, Morris, Lee etc and Odom. Still doesn't make a whole lot of sense for the Hornets, as they wouldn't be getting back a young franchise cornerstone that they could build around

Big Time Titan

Marc and pau

Where'd you hear this? That. Would. Be. Awesome!

Ripper Gein
I disagree. I dont put much merit in these rumors because I find it very very improbable that the Lakers trade Pau for CP3. Again, the only way Lakers do this is if they have Howard locked in a deal for Bynum. Outside of that scenario, Lakers will be losing in this deal if they get rid of Pau. I dont see much of a likelihood of this happening. Just another speculation rumor.

So your saying the Lakers are BETTER with Pau than with Chris:speechless:

Iron24th
12-08-2011, 03:41 PM

Me too. Probably a rockets player but who?

avon_barksdale
12-08-2011, 03:41 PM
the main team in this be NO and we aint even know who they get? hahaha dunoo if i believe this

tcav701
12-08-2011, 03:42 PM

CP3
Kobe
_____
Odom
Bynum

Is pretty damn good.

Mike Brown doesnt run the triangle brah.

5ass
12-08-2011, 03:42 PM

Marc and pau

wow that would be great for houston. Lowry, Kevin martin, FA MLE (caron butler?), Pau, Marc is a great team IMO. I'd say they are contenders, especially if lowry ends up being the player i expect him to be.

tcav701
12-08-2011, 03:43 PM

Hes saying they are better with Howard than Paul.

PhillyFaninLA

Do you happen to listen to 7.10 AM ESPN radio in Los Angeles?

Because I heard this almost word for word there, could be a coincidence, could be you agree with the idea.

phlp_bj
Marc is an RFA. The Grizz will match any offer so he's not going anywhere

tcav701
12-08-2011, 03:44 PM
wow that would be great for houston. Lowry, Kevin martin, FA MLE (caron butler?), Pau, Marc is a great team IMO. I'd say they are contenders, especially if lowry ends up being the player i expect him to be.

Lowry would surely be going to NO in that 3 team swap.

haggis

That's why he said "post triangle offense" ;)

topdog
I don't see why NO would want to this if they are not getting either Bynum or Gasol.

NOLA would be going into re-build so Gasol makes no sense and Bynum continually comes up as LA's offer to Orlando. The Rockets have a bunch of young players so it makes sense that they mediate the deal as they want a Yao replacement - Gasol (who has played center recently) and can give NOLA guys like Patterson, Buddinger, Thabeet, Dragic, Flynn, Morris, Hill, ect. while keeping Lowry, Martin and several of the previously-mentioned players.

Big Time Titan

He said post triangle. As is after.

beliges

100%. Pau is too good of a big man and too good of a fit for the Lakers to trade him for a PG, even one as good as CP3. I would even go as far and guarantee you that the Lakers dont make this move. Big men are more valuable than pgs. However, Im all for this move if the Lakers are also gonna acquire Dwight. Otherwise, theres no chance Lakers make this move in my opinion.

last stand
12-08-2011, 03:45 PM
Conflicting reports. Some say the rockets are orchestrating this and others say Dell demos was looking for takers for pau and found houston

Geek
Holy ****

DLeeicious

Re-read I said "post triangle" meaning they no longer run the triangle and Fisher will be a liability hence the need for a PG.

PhillyFaninLA
Dont jinx this ****!!!

jinx jinx jinx

Slug3
12-08-2011, 03:46 PM
Since the nba owns the hornets. Who oks the trades/signings?

last stand
12-08-2011, 03:47 PM
100%. Pau is too good of a big man and too good of a fit for the Lakers to trade him for a PG, even one as good as CP3. I would even go as far and guarantee you that the Lakers dont make this move. Big men are more valuable than pgs. However, Im all for this move if the Lakers are also gonna acquire Dwight. Otherwise, theres no chance Lakers make this move in my opinion.

Well if you make this move and keep Bynum and odom you can't tell me dwight doesn't get a little anxious. Remember kg to Boston. Kg wanted no part of Boston until ray Allen was traded there. Now Dwight wants LA but doesn't demand it. Send Paul there he'll demand it

PhillyFaninLA
12-08-2011, 03:48 PM
Since the nba owns the hornets. Who oks the trades/signings?

The NBA owns it but the team president and GM make these decision...the league would need to approve a deal just like any other, does it work within the rules of trades.

Cal827
12-08-2011, 03:48 PM
This just in: Mike Brown set the record for least time served as an NBA coach, as Phil Jackson had arisen from his Hibernation looking to add another ring to his collection.

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-08-2011, 03:49 PM
Wow, meaning Bynum for Howard will happen soon.

sep11ie
Lowry would surely be going to NO in that 3 team swap.

The Rockets would not trade Lowry.

chuckdaily85
It makes perfect sense for LAL if this trade is really going down. They get a PG b/c Derek Fisher cant hang in there anymore. Not only a PG but a top 10 player in the NBA at that, you get rid of Pau who is 31 but you still have Bynum and perhaps Odom as the pieces for your trade for D12. And by any chance Odom goes to NO/Hou in the deal then they can still have CP3, KB24, World Metta Peace, and Bynum. Thats a pretty good four and they can make a run at Kris Humpries or David West to complete their starting 5.

lakersfan01
12-08-2011, 03:50 PM

Pau is a "very good big"? We must not have been watching the same playoffs last year.

I don't like Chris Paul either. He has questionable knees and only looked like his old self because of no D erek Fisher.

chuckdaily85
12-08-2011, 03:51 PM
Also have to remember the Lakers will no longer be running the triangle offense. Pau fit in perfect with the triangle he might not fit in to Mike Brown's offense whatever it may be

RaiderKid318
12-08-2011, 03:51 PM
**** this we get nothing from this

beliges
12-08-2011, 03:52 PM
Well if you make this move and keep Bynum and odom you can't tell me dwight doesn't get a little anxious. Remember kg to Boston. Kg wanted no part of Boston until ray Allen was traded there. Now Dwight wants LA but doesn't demand it. Send Paul there he'll demand it

I think Dwight has already made it clear he wants to play with Kobe as a Laker. Dwight coming to LA has a much higher likelihood than CP3 coming in my opinion. Theres zero chance the Lakers trade Pau unless Dwight was going to come to LA. As a Laker fan, Id rather have Pau and Bynum instead of CP3 and Bynum. Id rather keep Pau over CP3. But ya, if Dwight will come then im all for it, clean house, get CP3 and Dwight to team up with Kobe and go on another 3 peat until Kobe retires.

BigCityofDreams
Wow, meaning Bynum for Howard will happen soon.

I'm trying not to get ahead of myself but that's what I thought when I heard Bynum would not be moved. I don't think they can get both but if they did it's a wrap.

Ripper Gein
This just in: Mike Brown set the record for least time served as an NBA coach, as Phil Jackson had arisen from his Hibernation looking to add another ring to his collection.

This joke was used yesterday on the Dan Lebatard show....

Aust
12-08-2011, 03:57 PM
I ALWAYS knew it would take a three team deal to land Paul. But WHAT WOULD THE HORNETS GET?!???

Hawkeye15
12-08-2011, 03:58 PM
Also have to remember the Lakers will no longer be running the triangle offense. Pau fit in perfect with the triangle he might not fit in to Mike Brown's offense whatever it may be

Mike Brown doesn't have an offense. All I ever saw was, "Isolate LeBron on the left side of the floor until they figure it out. Then call a timeout, and isolate him on the right side of the floor. That will totally fool them"

Angelus™
12-08-2011, 03:58 PM
That would be one hell of a blockbuster trade.

Not having to trade Bynum? wow

Hester23Jordan
12-08-2011, 03:59 PM
Kevin Martin, Scola, and picks to NO. According to Twitter.

Geek
12-08-2011, 03:59 PM
^That

Cal827
12-08-2011, 04:00 PM
This joke was used yesterday on the Dan Lebatard show....

Really? My bad, I honestly had no idea :shrug:

unwantedplayer
Names talked about in CP3 3-way are: CP to Lakers, Gasol to HOU & Kevin Martin & Luis Scola and possible picks to Hornets, source tells Y!

https://twitter.com/#!/SpearsNBAYahoo/status/144867629851623424

Rockets4Life
clutchfans: RT @SpearsNBAYahoo CP3 3-way names are: CP to Lakers, Gasol to HOU & Kevin Martin & Luis Scola & possible picks to Hornets

Cal827
12-08-2011, 04:01 PM

Well, the NBA is in charge of the Hornets, and based on how they made the teams "more competitive" with the new CBA, it doesn't surprise me that they would actually look into accepting such a terrible deal.

Rockice_8
12-08-2011, 04:01 PM
I ALWAYS knew it would take a three team deal to land Paul. But WHAT WOULD THE HORNETS GET?!???

That's what I keep thinking. I mean nothing HOU has should be enough to make NO happy. None of those guys are any top prospects (Hill, Budinger, Patterson) all second rate guys.

NO needs to get Bynum or a Curry or at least that T-Wolves pick. Something with more potential then that B rate stuff from HOU.

tcav701
12-08-2011, 04:02 PM
The Rockets would not trade Lowry.

Then they arent a viable 3rd team in this deal.

tcav701
12-08-2011, 04:02 PM
Re-read I said "post triangle" meaning they no longer run the triangle and Fisher will be a liability hence the need for a PG.

my bad lol.

lakerboy
12-08-2011, 04:03 PM
If we aren't getting Howard, we would lose on this deal. If Bynum gets injured there is no way we will win with CP3, Kobe and Odom.

sep11ie
12-08-2011, 04:04 PM
Rockets get raped.

So do I, cause that means Crooner would be in the Rockets forum all the time.

Hawkeye15
Martin and Scola for Pau Gasol?

meh

Rockice_8

I just threw up in my mouth for NO fans :facepalm:. Plus HOU is lacking in picks right since they traded a lotto protected pick to NJ. Can't know when that pick will get transferred so how can they offer picks? Do they have someone else's first to negate their pick?

J4KOP99
12-08-2011, 04:05 PM
Rockets get raped.

haha.

How do the Rockets get raped though? You are one of those who believe Pau sucks an is overrated?

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-08-2011, 04:06 PM
no, gimme dwight over cp3 any day of the week.

Hawkeye15
Rockets get raped.

Crooner, I love ya man, but this is funny

basketfan4life

if the lakers don't do a trade after this,this is better than bynum-paul trade for lakers...Lakers will get torched at down low if they start gasol at c and odom at pf...they need to keep bynum no matter what...for a dwight trade or just for the teams sake.

Hawkeye15
12-08-2011, 04:07 PM
haha.

How do the Rockets get raped though? You are one of those who believe Pau sucks an is overrated?

Pau Gasol can not replace the production of Martin and Scola, and the Rox have a glaring need at SG now instead of center/PF.

Its basically a lateral move at best for them.

naps
Why the FCUK NO would do this???

Another Gasol-like trade...smh...

David Stern always allowed the Lakers to pull this kinda unworldly crap.

I am pretty sure Howard is LA bound if this happens. I can see Sterns marketing policy here. He's going for a Heat vs Lakers rivalry for the next decade.

rhino17
haha.

I think Pau is incredibly overrated

but the Rockets are hardly getting raped.

For some reason, Rockets fans are under the impression that their current roster is capable of doing something, when that is clearly not the case. The worst that can happen after this trade is that they are still not a playoff team

But I love the idea of Pau and Marc/Nene if the rockets are looking into that route as reports indicate.

Nene
Gasol
Budinger
Lee
Lowry

I dont think that lineup is worse than what they have now

Gibby23
12-08-2011, 04:09 PM
Pau Gasol can not replace the production of Martin and Scola, and the Rox have a glaring need at SG now instead of center/PF.

Does this move free up money for the Rockets? Would it be enough to go after Nene or Marc Gasol with?

rhino17
12-08-2011, 04:09 PM

not true at all, high calibur big men are a helluva lot harder to find than wing players, especially one that plays no defense and relies on the refs for most of his game.

Hellcrooner
12-08-2011, 04:10 PM
ok, but you better REUNITE BOTH GASOLS in Houston.

Hawkeye15
12-08-2011, 04:11 PM

For some reason, Rockets fans are under the impression that their current roster is capable of doing something, when that is clearly not the case. The worst that can happen after this trade is that they are still not a playoff team

But I love the idea of Pau and Marc/Nene if the rockets are looking into that route as reports indicate.

Nene
Gasol
Budinger
Lee
Lowry

Its so complicated to do all that so quickly though. It would increase cap space by $1 million. They could then amnesty Thabeet, and throw around $12-13 million a year at Marc for instance, or another center.

But if Chandler is getting $15 million, and DeAndre Jordan is getting a nice offer, that won't be enough. Denver is talking near max for Nene.

This CBA was a joke. We are seeing even worse deals now than before, with reports of less parity, haha.

Gotta love the NBA!

tcav701
12-08-2011, 04:12 PM

Would that be slavery since Pau didnt ask for the trade?

J4KOP99
12-08-2011, 04:12 PM

Nene
Gasol
Budinger
Lee
Lowry

I just cannot agree that Pau is overrated. I mean, his past 4 post seasons should speak for themselves. He was incredible in '09 and '10. But whatever.

As for the second part, I completely agree. I am not a Rockets fan but I do think they would be much better off after the deal. Also, with the news about the Rockets wanting to pair Marc with Pau, they would have a very formidable front line.

The Rockets, with their team now, is not THAT good. They are solid, maybe an 8 spot but I do not think they are going to do any serious damage.

Hawkeye15
12-08-2011, 04:13 PM
not true at all, high calibur big men are a helluva lot harder to find than wing players, especially one that plays no defense and relies on the refs for most of his game.

its a lateral move singularly. Yes it is. Gasol at center is a joke, you and I both know that. He isn't so much of an upgrade over Scola that he is worth losing arguably the top perimeter scorer as well (though no defense).

That was my only point.

Hellcrooner
now i come to think of it, Isnt Mchale going to train the rockets?

He can definelty show pau how to improve his game having already some similitys and a similar body frame

JO3
Hornets should get Flynn in this deal too! Maybe he can become something!

Aust
12-08-2011, 04:14 PM
That's what I keep thinking. I mean nothing HOU has should be enough to make NO happy. None of those guys are any top prospects (Hill, Budinger, Patterson) all second rate guys.

NO needs to get Bynum or a Curry or at least that T-Wolves pick. Something with more potential then that B rate stuff from HOU.

I was also wondering about Minny, epsecially since Rubio and Pau....

This is interesting stuff. I wonder IF they pull this off, will Dwight be more aggressive in trying to land in LA?

Hawkeye15
12-08-2011, 04:15 PM
I just cannot agree that Pau is overrated. I mean, his past 4 post seasons should speak for themselves. He was incredible in '09 and '10. But whatever.

As for the second part, I completely agree. I am not a Rockets fan but I do think they would be much better off after the deal. Also, with the news about the Rockets wanting to pair Marc with Pau, they would have a very formidable front line.

The Rockets, with their team now, is not THAT good. They are solid, maybe an 8 spot but I do not think they are going to do any serious damage.

I don't think he is overrated. But read my point above.

THE_G.O.A.T.
So New Orleans is just giving Paul away, but the Rockets get something? This trade doesn't make any sense at all.

sep11ie
I do think Pau is overrated.

I don't see how this move frees up cap space, if it does, then I don't hate it as much.

Rhino: I would rather us blow the whole team up instead of trading Scola and Martin picks for Gasol. I think this current roster is a star player away from being a major player in the West, but as Hawkeye said, to me this is a lateral move.

Hawkeye15
Hornets should get Flynn in this deal too! Maybe he can become something!

Flynn sucks *** dude. I have watched every game in the NBA he has played, and he is the worst player on the floor 90% of the time.

Hawkeye15
12-08-2011, 04:16 PM

at least the Rox could save on razors in the locker room :)

mightybosstone
12-08-2011, 04:17 PM
I'm completely cool with this deal if Scola is involved, but significantly less cool with it if Martin is involved, as well. HOWEVER, if this is somehow part of a deal that lands Houston both Gasol brothers or Pau and Nene, I'd be 100 percent behind this. Gasol is one of the most efficient, dangerous big men in the NBA and without a doubt the second best PF in the league right now.

I will say this much, if Martin does have to go, Lee is more than capable of being a starting SG in this league. He's a seriously underrated defensive player and a very good shooter. Combine that with Lowry's two-way game, Pau freakin' Gasol and a slew of young players with upside, and I honestly think this is an upgrade for my Rockets.

kblo247
12-08-2011, 04:18 PM
Its so complicated to do all that so quickly though. It would increase cap space by $1 million. They could then amnesty Thabeet, and throw around $12-13 million a year at Marc for instance, or another center.

But if Chandler is getting $15 million, and DeAndre Jordan is getting a nice offer, that won't be enough. Denver is talking near max for Nene.

This CBA was a joke. We are seeing even worse deals now than before, with reports of less parity, haha.

Gotta love the NBA!

Told you don't drink the kool-aid bro.,

Good GM and ownership will always beat bad inept owners and GMs.
The top teams will always pay the cost to be the boss
It was all the Jordan group wanting a bigger BRI cut and handout through revenue sharing from Buss, Dolan, etc

I wasn't being the bad guy, just the honest guy.

The good owners gave them what they wanted, but they also made it so you can't simply rebuild with setting the minimum cap floor at such a high percentage, so you have to use that handout. ;)

Geek
12-08-2011, 04:18 PM
Oh yeah Scola

kblo247
12-08-2011, 04:19 PM
its a lateral move singularly. Yes it is. Gasol at center is a joke, you and I both know that. He isn't so much of an upgrade over Scola that he is worth losing arguably the top perimeter scorer as well (though no defense).

That was my only point.

Mchale has made no secret on fan nights that he wanted to coach Pau. He even said that he would have thought about him for KG if he it would have been offered looking at his evolution.

mightybosstone
12-08-2011, 04:20 PM
And as for anyone saying that Pau is overrated, I personally think he's a top 10 player in the league and would be more than willing to argue my case for it. The very fact that Pau and the Rockets are being mentioned as a possibility is making me as giddy as a school girl.

Hawkeye15
12-08-2011, 04:20 PM
Told you don't drink the kool-aid bro.,

Good GM and ownership will always beat bad inept owners and GMs.
The top teams will always pay the cost to be the boss
It was all the Jordan group wanting a bigger BRI cut and handout through revenue sharing from Buss, Dolan, etc

I wasn't being the bad guy, just the honest guy.

The good owners gave them what they wanted, but they also made it so you can't simply rebuild with setting the minimum cap floor at such a high percentage, so you have to use that handout. ;)

It was your tone, and anomosity towards the small market teams dude, not the point you were trying to make.

And we made peace, no worries.

sep11ie
12-08-2011, 04:21 PM

Don't all of the stars rely on the refs for most of their games these days? At least he sets the rest of team up by getting the other team in foul trouble.

So if NO does this, they have 3/5 of the Rockets starting line up from after the T-Mac trade...

Martin/Ariza/Scola.

rhino17
Rhino: I would rather us blow the whole team up instead of trading Scola and Martin picks for Gasol. I think this current roster is a star player away from being a major player in the West, but as Hawkeye said, to me this is a lateral move.

Any number of teams are a star away from being a contender. The Rockets are not gonnna get a star unless they give up some of what they currently have. They are not just gonna fall *** backwards into an elite player.

This trade essentially is blowing up the team which is a great idea imo. I hate the current squad. I have been a Rockets fan for about 20 years and I have never found myself caring so little about this team. They just aren't very good and the longer the guys they have, the longer they will wallow in mediocrity.

So if NO does this, they have 3/5 of the Rockets starting line up from after the T-Mac trade...

Martin/Ariza/Scola.

Thats probably not a good thing, considering what the rockets have done with said players

Hawkeye15
And as for anyone saying that Pau is overrated, I personally think he's a top 10 player in the league and would be more than willing to argue my case for it. The very fact that Pau and the Rockets are being mentioned as a possibility is making me as giddy as a school girl.

he is a top 10 player, and probably the 2nd best PF. But as I said, he is not SO much better than Scola that you throw in the most efficient SG in the NBA with him, even if he can't guard anyone. Not unless you are SURE you can then turn around and sign a legit starting center.

J4KOP99
12-08-2011, 04:24 PM
he is a top 10 player, and probably the 2nd best PF. But as I said, he is not SO much better than Scola that you throw in the most efficient SG in the NBA with him, even if he can't guard anyone. Not unless you are SURE you can then turn around and sign a legit starting center.

What if they sign someone like Jason Richardson.

SeoulBeatz
12-08-2011, 04:26 PM

Isn't there a 5-6 year difference between CP3 and Pau though. You gotta take that into account to.

Plus CP3 is a significantly better player than Pau at this point, unless ur hellcrooner.

Geek
12-08-2011, 04:26 PM
Feel bad a lil for Pau lol

Aust
12-08-2011, 04:27 PM
he is a top 10 player, and probably the 2nd best PF

As a Laker fan, I've always been a supporter of Pau. Still believe he was gassed from the 3 straight finals runs and having to play alot more last year due to Theo being injured and Bynum having LATE surgery so he was out for some time. I don't know about top 10, but top 15 I can def agree with.

Hawkeye15
12-08-2011, 04:28 PM
What if they sign someone like Jason Richardson.

I still hate Pau at center. But they obviously then need a SG, or if they really feel confident Lee can start, depth there.

kblo247

The swing through won't be called. That is like taking away Reggie's leg kick. You lose points with Martin, lol.

I mean if you can get the Gasol Brothers together, or even Pau/Wince or J-Rich/Nene or Dalembert, you might have to try it. I guess it all depends on what Mchale has in his mind actually since we have never seen him coach for a full season where he has had time to prepare, gameplan, and so on. (Yeah I know he took over the wolves for a bit)

I doubt Pau is the only move. In fact I think he would be their first domino

thephoenixson28
I hope its Bynum and Gasol for CP3 Cuz IMO they take a step back. Not to mention they would be out of the Howard sweepstakes this year and next year.

mightybosstone
12-08-2011, 04:29 PM

I love Kevin Martin, but you cannot compete for a title if he is the No. 1 player on your team as he is with the Rockets. And if Houston can get ANY kind of a legit starting defensive center, this is a huge upgrade defensively, because you're going from Lowry-Martin-Budinger-Scola-Hayes to Lowry-Lee-Budinger-Gasol-Legit center. AND if Houston can upgrade at SG or SF with the MLE, adding a Jason Richardson type player, for example, then Houston won't nearly miss Martin's offense as much as it seems.

Yeah... I realize that a lot of stuff has to happen for this to work, but if you've got cap space to make it work and you just added Pau Gasol, I think there are a lot of players out there who would want to play in Houston.

sep11ie
Any number of teams are a star away from being a contender. The Rockets are not gonnna get a star unless they give up some of what they currently have. They are not just gonna fall *** backwards into an elite player.

This trade essentially is blowing up the team which is a great idea imo. I hate the current squad. I have been a Rockets fan for about 20 years and I have never found myself caring so little about this team. They just aren't very good and the longer the guys they have, the longer they will wallow in mediocrity.

Thats probably not a good thing, considering what the rockets have done with said players

I didn't mean to imply that it was a good thing for them. Just thought of it and kinda made me laugh.

I'd LOVE this trade if it means we get Marc, Jordan, or maybe even Nene, but I don't wanna leave 2 glaring holes to fill one glaring hole. We'll have tons of space after next year, but I guess we'd still have that next year anyways if we did the trade.

central2003
What will the Hornets get ? I will tell you what they will get back in return. A thank you card from Commissioner Stern and Jerry Buss for another team being the scapegoat and taking back peanuts in return for their superstar. They did it with memphis now they will do it to NOLA. I hate these NBA loop holes ..

Geek
^ not really

Hawkeye15
[QUOTE=kblo247;20014941]The swing through won't be called. That is like taking away Reggie's leg kick. You lose points with Martin, lol.
QUOTE]

I love that SO much dude. Eff you Durant and Martin, the two biggest culprits in the NBA.

J4KOP99
12-08-2011, 04:31 PM
All these people using Memphis as an example of team being robbed in a trade... let's look at memphis now. That trade worked out damn well for both sides.

Not every trade will immediately work but give it some time. Both the Lakers and Grizzlies should be happy about how that trade ended up.

kblo247
12-08-2011, 04:31 PM
I still hate Pau at center. But they obviously then need a SG, or if they really feel confident Lee can start, depth there.

Funny thing is I hate Pau at PF away from his brother. He has been the main C on a team that has went to three finals and won 2 rings, while Odom took the majority of the PF minutes. Phil had gotten more C than PF of Pau, than Memphis ever did, and he and Andrew never clicked together as a result of it

Htownballa1622
12-08-2011, 04:32 PM
Blah.

Let's just help of all teams the lakers.

Hawkeye15
12-08-2011, 04:32 PM
I love Kevin Martin, but you cannot compete for a title if he is the No. 1 player on your team as he is with the Rockets. And if Houston can get ANY kind of a legit starting defensive center, this is a huge upgrade defensively, because you're going from Lowry-Martin-Budinger-Scola-Hayes to Lowry-Lee-Budinger-Gasol-Legit center. AND if Houston can upgrade at SG or SF with the MLE, adding a Jason Richardson type player, for example, then Houston won't nearly miss Martin's offense as much as it seems.

Yeah... I realize that a lot of stuff has to happen for this to work, but if you've got cap space to make it work and you just added Pau Gasol, I think there are a lot of players out there who would want to play in Houston.

Oh I agree. Which is why I call this a singular lateral move. But that can change if they can simply get a starting caliber center next to Pau, and Lowry develops like I think he will.

Just please, for the love of god, don't sign Vince Carter. As a Houstonian, I can not sit here and watch him play for the Rox.

BKLYNpigeon
12-08-2011, 04:33 PM
Great Trade for the Lakers. They are a slow slow team, CP3 will definitely help.

everyone knows, that if you get CP3, you have a great shot at landing Howard.

kblo247
12-08-2011, 04:35 PM
Oh I agree. Which is why I call this a singular lateral move. But that can change if they can simply get a starting caliber center next to Pau, and Lowry develops like I think he will.

Just please, for the love of god, don't sign Vince Carter. As a Houstonian, I can not sit here and watch him play for the Rox.

VC can still sell some jerseys overseas for the team so it would be a pure market move.

Hawkeye15
12-08-2011, 04:35 PM
Funny thing is I hate Pau at PF away from his brother. He has been the main C on a team that has went to three finals and won 2 rings, while Odom took the majority of the PF minutes. Phil had gotten more C than PF of Pau, than Memphis ever did, and he and Andrew never clicked together as a result of it

He will be entering a traditional offense however, and I think his skills were better utilized at the center spot when necessary within the triangle. When the Lakers won their rings, with Pau, they were simply a much better team with Bynum on the floor with him, defensively.

Heediot
12-08-2011, 04:36 PM
Hopefully CP3 and Dwight get traded tomorrow so all these rumors be can done with.

Hawkeye15
12-08-2011, 04:36 PM
VC can still sell some jerseys overseas for the team so it would be a pure market move.

I guess I could just youtube, "Vince Carter when he had testicles" videos and be fine...

JNA17
12-08-2011, 04:37 PM
Great Trade for the Lakers. They are a slow slow team, CP3 will definitely help.

everyone knows, that if you get CP3, you have a great shot at landing Howard.

I hope your right, especially with the reports of the lakers going after both, and if that happens...mother of god!

mightybosstone
12-08-2011, 04:39 PM

I give Daryl Morey more credit than that, although, if it happened, I admit I might kick or punch something very hard and boycott the Rockets for at least a week.

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-08-2011, 04:39 PM
Essentially, the Los Angeles Lakers trade 1/3rd of Shaquille O'Neal for Chris Paul.

Summer 2004: Lakers trade Shaq to Miami for Caron Butler (w/ Odom, B. Grant and 1st rd)

Summer 2005: Lakers trade Butler to Wizards for Kwame Brown

Feb 2008: Lakers trade Kwame (w/ Marc, J-Critt, Mckie, 1st rd) for Pau Gasol

Dec 2011: Lakers trade Pau in a 3 way w/ NOH and HOU for Chris Paul

Slimsim
12-08-2011, 04:40 PM
Sorry but do you fans of west coast teams like seeing the lakers getting the star players in trades all the time. If cp3 goes to LA it's obviously they want to keep byunm to trade for howard

Sadds The Gr8
12-08-2011, 04:40 PM

yea...Wince Carter blows Mandingos.

Hellcrooner
12-08-2011, 04:48 PM
side note.....

Paus BEST FRIEND ( that isnt a spaniard) in the league is......................

SHANE BATTIER

Maybe he likes coming back to Houston.

Add Gasol II

Thats a pretty competitive team

last stand
12-08-2011, 04:49 PM
If rockets get Marc and pau they will be a lock for the playoffs

Avenged
Why the FCUK NO would do this???

Another Gasol-like trade...smh...

David Stern always allowed the Lakers to pull this kinda unworldly crap.

I am pretty sure Howard is LA bound if this happens. I can see Sterns marketing policy here. He's going for a Heat vs Lakers rivalry for the next decade.

Wouldn't that be fun though? :)

Ill21

NO would get Kevin Martin and Luis Scola. Its a really good deal for them.

J4KOP99
side note.....

Paus BEST FRIEND ( that isnt a spaniard) in the league is......................

SHANE BATTIER

Maybe he likes coming back to Houston.

Add Gasol II

Thats a pretty competitive team
Battier is on the Heat now. Or at least it is being reported that they have agreed on a contract.

JetsNation24
12-08-2011, 04:50 PM
I know I know this guy is seen as a joke, I think he's awesome but anyway @incareratedbob just broke news that

"the lakers argreed in principle 2 trade for CP3"

JNA17
12-08-2011, 04:50 PM
Sorry but do you fans of west coast teams like seeing the lakers getting the star players in trades all the time. If cp3 goes to LA it's obviously they want to keep byunm to trade for howard

I don't think it's the fans you should be questioning, it's the GMS AND OWNERS that you should ask that seem to love to trade their great assets to LA.

And I'm a Lakers fan saying this :p.

JNA17
12-08-2011, 04:51 PM
I know I know this guy is seen as a joke, I think he's awesome but anyway @incareratedbob just broke news that the lakers argreed in principle to trade for CP3.

I'll believe when I see it, if it's true...well then my next question would be...WHO DID WE GIVE UP!?!?

Avenged
12-08-2011, 04:52 PM

Pau plays like a Center offensively. Heck, he is our Center most of the times.

It's defensively we're he doesn't have the bulk.

iggypop123
12-08-2011, 04:53 PM
my guess is they dont mind sending scola out knowing they can go after nene or marc gasol in free agency

Jahari Kavi
12-08-2011, 04:54 PM
I want Pau and Nene, Dalenbert, or Marc

Hawkeye15
Pau plays like a Center offensively. Heck, he is our Center most of the times.

It's defensively we're he doesn't have the bulk.

that is exactly what I mean.

Slimsim
I don't think it's the fans you should be questioning, it's the GMS AND OWNERS that you should ask that seem to love to trade their great assets to LA.

And I'm a Lakers fan saying this :p.

True but I don't see that same hatred when LA is rumor to get a great player like NY. No sarcasm or Baiting maybe people just to use to them winning.

shinjirod
Battier has serious beef with Morey. He will never go back to Houston sadly.

5ass
12-08-2011, 04:55 PM
Pau Gasol for martin and scola is not a lateral move for the rockets, when it gives u a much better chance at landing marc gasol.
lowry, lee, battier?, pau, marc is enough to compete with the best teams out west.

JNA17
12-08-2011, 04:55 PM
I want Pau and Nene, Dalenbert, or Marc

He's a scrub compared to Marc and Nene though. :confused:

ridore9
12-08-2011, 04:56 PM

Its a 3 team deal where pau would go to the rockets and paul to the lakers...idk who goes to the hornets tho...prob young players and picks

JNA17
12-08-2011, 04:57 PM
True but I don't see that same hatred when LA is rumor to get a great player like NY. No sarcasm or Baiting maybe people just to use to them winning.

That could be it. And no your right to question that. Even I admit I find it surprising how much more I've seen "WOW great deal for LA" compared to the utter amount of hatred with the name Chris Paul next to NY.

Maybe it's ever since that wedding with Chris Paul's toast to NY that started it all. Just my guess.

JNA17
12-08-2011, 05:00 PM
Wouldn't that be fun though? :)

It would be for me! :D

Bryant-Howard-Paul vs Lebron-Wade-Bosh. BRING IT! XD....if it happens anyway. But I still doubt it even now.

last stand
12-08-2011, 05:00 PM
i guess the magic will really get to see if bynum can be the guy as a #1 post option.

C-Style
12-08-2011, 05:01 PM
It makes sense for the Rockets a lot, just not sure if Hornets will bite.

IMO Lakers & Rockets are willing to pull the trigger

its now up to the Hornets

5ass
12-08-2011, 05:03 PM
why do laker fans think howard to the lakers is a given? if you land CP3 its only going to make it harder to get Dwight. Bynum is not nearly enough.

Ripper Gein
12-08-2011, 05:04 PM
jinx jinx jinx

Nooooooooo!!!!!:D

nickdymez
12-08-2011, 05:05 PM
why do laker fans think howard to the lakers is a given? if you land CP3 its only going to make it harder to get Dwight. Bynum is not nearly enough.

Keep telling yourself that

JNA17
12-08-2011, 05:06 PM

Because Mitch (along with Pat Riley) are the best damn GMs in the league and the Magic's front office is not exactly...well smart. That's why.

Also Bynum is the most Magic is going to get in terms of quality offers so keep telling yourself that.

JNA17
12-08-2011, 05:08 PM
It makes sense for the Rockets a lot, just not sure if Hornets will bite.

IMO Lakers & Rockets are willing to pull the trigger

its now up to the Hornets

Hornets are probably good with the deal, they might be asking Paul if it's ok for him XD.

I don't know I could be wrong lol.

sep11ie
12-08-2011, 05:08 PM
What if we can talk Chuck Hayes back now...

JNA17
12-08-2011, 05:09 PM
186 guests? SIGN UP DAMN IT!

Hawkeye15
12-08-2011, 05:09 PM
Bynum is not enough. But they will attempt to get a 3rd team involved if they go for Dwight as well.

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-08-2011, 05:10 PM

Orlando doesn't want aging 31 yr old Pau. Bynum or Lopez are their 2 preferences as big men that they want to build around for the now and future.

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-08-2011, 05:10 PM
Bynum is not enough. But they will attempt to get a 3rd team involved if they go for Dwight as well.

This is true. Nobody expected the Lakers to find a 3rd suitor in Houston to make this CP3 trade possible (w/o losing Bynum).

Aust
12-08-2011, 05:11 PM

Lets have a sig bet :)

I say Bynum has a career year despite the GOD AWEFUL schedule that would work against him.

Howard has shown great interest in LA, Paul only sweetens the deal (IF this deal goes down). Instead of being mister nice guy Howard should go to Otis and straight up say, "LA or I walk."

last stand
12-08-2011, 05:11 PM
bynum to milwaukee, bogut and jennings to orlando, howard to LA

nope. lol but who cares the lakers need to take care of business how mitch sees fit

JNA17
12-08-2011, 05:12 PM
Ummmm...guys...

David Aldrige:
We know Lakers would get CP3. We know Gasol would go to HOU. And NOH? Source: Scola, Martin, Dragic, 1st/2nd round picks. But not done deal.

from his twitter.

This tells me this deal is getting closer and closer...

5ass
12-08-2011, 05:13 PM
Orlando doesn't want aging 31 yr old Pau. Bynum or Lopez are their 2 preferences as big men that they want to build around for the now and future.

orl doesnt want bynum either, his knees are worse than 31 yr old pau's, hell they're worse than my grandmother's.. Pau or bynum would have to be a 3 team trade either way, pau has more value than bynum which means they can get a better deal to orl than bynums.

Avenged
12-08-2011, 05:14 PM
4127 users and guests online.

The record is 5,314. You would think this was a done deal.

:laugh2:

5ass
12-08-2011, 05:15 PM
Lets have a sig bet :)

I say Bynum has a career year despite the GOD AWEFUL schedule that would work against him.

Howard has shown great interest in LA, Paul only sweetens the deal (IF this deal goes down). Instead of being mister nice guy Howard should go to Otis and straight up say, "LA or I walk."

dont really, care much about sig bets. and if howard says "LA or I walk" he will send him to the clippers lol. Aminu, bledsoe and minnys 1st round pick is better than bynum

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-08-2011, 05:16 PM
dont really, care much about sig bets. and if howard says "LA or I walk" he will send him to the clippers lol. Aminu, bledsoe and minnys 1st round pick is better than bynum

No it's not, stop being in denial.

Bruno
12-08-2011, 05:18 PM
Damn. if this happens it just goes to show how cut-throat LAL culture is. Gasol gave us four post seasons, two of which were pretty mediocre. even though the other two were brilliant, once you crack 30 and you struggle when it matters most you're trade fodder.

who does NO get?

sep11ie
12-08-2011, 05:18 PM
Now we lose Dragic and picks too. Sheeeesh.

5ass
12-08-2011, 05:19 PM
No it's not, stop being in denial. thank you for informing me that i am in denial, i now realize how wrong i am. I can see clearly now the rain is gooone.. LOL get ur head out of your *** man

mightybosstone
12-08-2011, 05:19 PM

True. BUT we don't know whose picks are getting sent. Maybe Houston is only sending players and the Lakers are sending picks?

Hawkeye15
12-08-2011, 05:21 PM
If I did my math right, after you add Morris to the roster, and cut Dragic, Martin, and Scola's salary, and add Pau, and amnesty Thabeet, the Rox would have between $18-20 million in cap space if this goes through.

kblo247

LOL.

Friday is going to be crazy which is why NBA TV scheduled a block for it. As for this deal:

I like it for LA as I would love the thought of actually being able to play your best players in crunch time and sit Artest's *** down. Fisher and Paul would close together imo seeing as how Fish can guard SG's and Paul has always played and closed well with a small be it Claxton, Pargo, Jackson, or Jack all of whom aren't as clutch and need the ball less.

I like it for Houston, as I am under the assumption that Pau is just a first domino. I personally think they have another big and wing waiting to give Mchale a team he likes and not one he has to completely reprogram from Van Gundy or Adleman.

I like it for New Orleans, but I think they are going to get slightly more than reported. I can see maybe an extra pick, some more cash, or even them getting LA to use that TPE from Sasha to eat a salary.

dtmagnet
Sounds to me like the Celtics offer is better to be honest.

5ass
12-08-2011, 05:22 PM

also thats if the clippers dont end up offering gordon since they realize they're out of race for CP3.

JNA17
12-08-2011, 05:22 PM
Sounds to me like the Celtics offer is better to be honest.

except who the hell is Rondo going to pass to?

Hellcrooner
12-08-2011, 05:23 PM

Pau gasol means Sergio Llul next season, so dont worry bout Dragic.
He can play sg too.

And i guess if rockets send dragic they make an offer to Calderon when/if he gets amnestied.

kblo247
12-08-2011, 05:23 PM
Damn. if this happens it just goes to show how cut-throat LAL culture is. Gasol gave us four post seasons, two of which were pretty mediocre. even though the other two were brilliant, once you crack 30 and you struggle when it matters most you're trade fodder.

who does NO get?

Or maybe they actually know why he struggled be it mental, physical, or conflict behind the scenes and came to the agreement to send him out. I did think his days was marked though when Phil pushed him

kblo247
12-08-2011, 05:24 PM

And how the hell will they score since he can't put up points when his buddies get dealt or teams play off him ala Kobe in the Finals?

In fact if Rondo could score 15-20 a night without question, he wouldn't be on the block at all and Boston would not have to worry about offensive luls

Aust
12-08-2011, 05:25 PM

who does NO get?

NO gets: Scola, Martin, Dragic and 1st, 2nd picks

I don't know about that. If you aren't our franchise players, and can get good and young in return, pull the trigger. We've needed a PG as bad as the Yankees have needed better pitching :facepalm:

But if this goes down, I am FOR SURE gonna miss Pau.

dtmagnet

True, but I think its a better starting point to rebuild with Rondo Green and picks than Kmart etc.

Ty Fast
i dont think it will happen

iggypop123
swapping scola martin for the gasol brothers. i dont know but that sounds good to me

John Walls Era
12-08-2011, 05:28 PM
I've been a minor fan of the Rockets and I would love to see them get the Gasol brothers and still keep Lowry. This would put them to contender status and might be one of the most balanced teams in the West if they can also sign some quality players. I'm interested to see if Kevin Mchale is able to coach.

Bruno
12-08-2011, 05:29 PM
Or maybe they actually know why he struggled be it mental, physical, or conflict behind the scenes and came to the agreement to send him out. I did think his days was marked though when Phil pushed him

Maybe you're right.

NO gets: Scola, Martin, Dragic and 1st, 2nd picks

I don't know about that. If you aren't our franchise players, and can get good and young in return, pull the trigger. We've needed a PG as bad as the Yankees have needed better pitching :facepalm:

But if this goes down, I am FOR SURE gonna miss Pau.

Agreed. Gasols number being retired is a lock IMO, even though he's only given LAL 3.5 seasons thus far. His play in the '09 and '10 post seasons alone merit it

THE GIPPER
12-08-2011, 05:29 PM
i dont think it will happen

Same. It doesnt make sense for NO or for HOU imo.

JNA17
12-08-2011, 05:32 PM
True, but I think its a better starting point to rebuild with Rondo Green and picks than Kmart etc.

uh I might have to disagree here. LA homor ASIDE and talking strictly as an NBA fan.

Rondo is a great PG to have if you got great talent to surround him with (like he does with the celtics), then Rondo is the perfect piece. But without the talent, Rondo is almost ineffective if not completely ineffective. I mean for real, he can't shoot beyond 5 or 10 feet consistently if at all, and if he were a 1 scoring option, he would either not even average the same PPG numbers he puts up with the celtics, or he will do it with an all time low FG%.

Martin, Scola, Dragic, Picks (whatever it is), sounds a little bit more tasty for me then the Celtics deal if I were a Hornets fan. Even in rebuild mode.

Bruno
12-08-2011, 05:32 PM

Damn! It takes Howard/Paul/Bynum/Gasol/Rondo/ect/ect speculation combined to result in 1,000 less users than the decision.

that event was huge.

JNA17
12-08-2011, 05:34 PM
Damn! It takes Howard/Paul/Bynum/Gasol/Rondo/ect/ect speculation combined to result in 1,000 less users than the decision.

that event was huge.

Well let's see what the result is if the deals for Howard and Paul come to a close.

mightybosstone
12-08-2011, 05:34 PM
Same. It doesnt make sense for NO or for HOU imo.

I think it makes a ton of sense for all teams involved. The Lakers get Paul, the Hornets get pieces to be competitive now and for the future and the Rockets might finally get that piece that helps them get out of basketball limbo and into postseason contention.

dtmagnet
12-08-2011, 05:36 PM
uh I might have to disagree here. LA homor ASIDE and talking strictly as an NBA fan.

Rondo is a great PG to have if you got great talent to surround him with (like he does with the celtics), then Rondo is the perfect piece. But without the talent, Rondo is almost ineffective if not completely ineffective. I mean for real, he can't shoot beyond 5 or 10 feet consistently if at all, and if he were a 1 scoring option, he would either not even average the same PPG numbers he puts up with the celtics, or he will do it with an all time low FG%.

Martin, Scola, Dragic, Picks (whatever it is), sounds a little bit more tasty for me then the Celtics deal if I were a Hornets fan. Even in rebuild mode.

We'll have to agree to disagree then, I think Rondo could really help a young rookie come into his own and since they'll be picking high for a few years that trade makes more sense to me.

J4KOP99
12-08-2011, 05:37 PM
I think it makes a ton of sense for all teams involved. The Lakers get Paul, the Hornets get pieces to be competitive now and for the future and the Rockets might finally get that piece that helps them get out of basketball limbo and into postseason contention.

In full agreement. This is one of the least-lopsided trade proposals I have ever seen when you take into consideration the high-level players that are being traded.

We are talking about one top 10, arguably top 5 player being traded in Paul and then arguably the 2nd best PF in the game being traded in gasol. Nobody is getting robbed with this trade.

THE GIPPER
12-08-2011, 05:38 PM

If im the hornets i would be looking for young players to develop and draft picks. Why would they want to be a middle of the pack team? especially with the draft thats coming up. They should load up on picks and young prospects while "tanking" this year for a top 5 pick in the draft.

J4KOP99
12-08-2011, 05:39 PM
We'll have to agree to disagree then, I think Rondo could really help a young rookie come into his own and since they'll be picking high for a few years that trade makes more sense to me.

What about Rondo makes you think he can HELP out a young rookie? From everything I have heard about the guy, he doesn't even like to get help from older proven vets... There is a reason he has been rumored to be traded for what? the past 3 or 4 years?... his attitude.

Aust
12-08-2011, 05:39 PM
Agreed. Gasols number being retired is a lock IMO, even though he's only given LAL 3.5 seasons thus far. His play in the '09 and '10 post seasons alone merit it

As much as I'd like to see that happen, it doesn't seem likely. This aint the Celtics who seem to be retire happy with their great players. The retired Lakers are a much smaller, exclusive, legendary bunch.

shinjirod
12-08-2011, 05:44 PM
Its now the top story on espn.com

albertc86
12-08-2011, 05:45 PM

The Lakers aren't landing both. Acquiring Paul is the first step. Signing him to a multiple deal is the second step. This will in effect pave the way for future acquisitions at the big man spot.

mightybosstone
12-08-2011, 05:45 PM
If I did my math right, after you add Morris to the roster, and cut Dragic, Martin, and Scola's salary, and add Pau, and amnesty Thabeet, the Rox would have between $18-20 million in cap space if this goes through.

The Rockets have about $6.9 million in space and this deal would save Houston about $3.5 million. That's $10.4 million. If you add in Thabeet's $5.1 million, that comes out to $15.5 million, which could potentially be enough to add a Nene or a Gasol, assuming he wants to come here and the Grizzlies don't match.

BigCityofDreams
12-08-2011, 05:46 PM
Why are they backing off?

Lakers + Giants
12-08-2011, 05:46 PM
We have to get howard for drew then. Cuz if we just trade pau for paul then i honestly believe were taking a step back. If we ge cp3 howard and kobe then thats a whole different story!

marj987
12-08-2011, 05:51 PM
So their conserving Bynum for Howard? This trade doesn't make a whole lot of sense, how are they even gonna be able to keep Bynum?

mightybosstone
12-08-2011, 05:53 PM
Why are they backing off?

Why is who backing off?

Hellcrooner
12-08-2011, 05:54 PM
one reprot on twiter saying lakers backing off.

only reason i can see for that is Paul calling lakers and saying he is not resigning because its NY or NY for him.

TheKnight
12-08-2011, 05:55 PM
Why would the Lakers back off they are getting Paul for ****ing trading Pau

Lakerfan In NY
12-08-2011, 05:57 PM
I think its a good deal. Everyone gets what they want. Plus: reports are the Knicks are going to offer Tyson Chandler a multi yr deal. So, you never know. We will see if Ottis is really willing to let him walk away & get nothing in return.

THE GIPPER
Orrrr.. the lakers are "backing off" because the whole thing was a made up rumour by espn

JNA17
one reprot on twiter saying lakers backing off.

only reason i can see for that is Paul calling lakers and saying he is not resigning because its NY or NY for him.

That's old news. :p Now new report says trade still very much alive.

I think I'm going to lose it :mad:

Hellcrooner
12-08-2011, 05:59 PM
Paul phoned mitch and sang

" START SPREADING THE NEWS,
I´M LEAVING TODAY.
I WANT TO BE A PART OF IT,
NEW YORK, NEW YORK.
THESE VAGABOND SHOES
ARE LONGING TO STRAY
RIGHT THROUGH THE VERY HEART OF IT,
NEW YORK, NEW YORK.

I WANNA WAKE UP IN A CITY
THAT DOESN´T SLEEP,
AND FIND I´M KING OF THE HILL,
TOP OF THE HEAP."

and blah blah blah

that woudl be the only reason.

Or West called his pupil and told him YOU NEVER TRADE BIG FOR SMALL.

last stand
12-08-2011, 05:59 PM
one reporter from florida who has yet to put in any reports on the subject comes out with this back off report

i'll wait a little longer

Hellcrooner
12-08-2011, 06:00 PM
mmmm
can deals be officiall at 00:01 east time ?

aussie
12-08-2011, 06:02 PM
In other forums I read hornets may get scola, kmart, Patterson, budinger and picks with Okafor included

last stand
12-08-2011, 06:03 PM
In other forums I read hornets may get scola, kmart, Patterson, budinger and picks

that is an amazing deal for the hornets

and for the rockets marc and pau with lowry. not bad

mightybosstone
12-08-2011, 06:04 PM
In other forums I read hornets may get scola, kmart, Patterson, budinger and picks

That's too much. I'm already a little iffy about losing Scola AND Martin, but Patterson and Budinger, too? That's four of the Rockets five or six best players all gone for one player. No. I draw the line at Scola, Marin and maybe Dragic.

5ass
12-08-2011, 06:06 PM
That's too much. I'm already a little iffy about losing Scola AND Martin, but Patterson and Budinger, too? That's four of the Rockets five or six best players all gone for one player. No. I draw the line at Scola, Marin and maybe Dragic.

what if it meant, you would also sign marc gasol? would you do the trade then?
you have lee at sg, lowry at pg, pau at pf and marc at C, and ur small forward you can get with the MLE

Hellcrooner
12-08-2011, 06:09 PM
you have lee at sg, lowry at pg, pau at pf and marc at C, and ur small forward you can get with the MLE

they would need to keep some piece to throw at memphis in a sign and trade.

5ass
12-08-2011, 06:11 PM

true, except if marc gets the max he can get and the grizz arent willing to match

mightybosstone
12-08-2011, 06:13 PM

Exactly. Houston isn't getting Marc if they don't have something to offer Memphis in a sign and trade deal. They could still get Nene, but I'm not crazy in ANY WAY about giving up four of the Rockets best players unless I was 100 percent sure Houston would be getting great players at BOTH PF and C in the process.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-08-2011, 06:14 PM
this is crazy:D

kblo247
12-08-2011, 06:15 PM
SpearsNBAYahoo Marc J. Spears

What do you think of a possible Lakers' starting lineup of Kobe & CP at guards, Artest and Odom at forwards and Bynum at center?

John Ireland was on Max and Marcellus and also said that the Lakers informed him they have pushed media day back a day. They joked about Dwight coming, and he said not him while doing that laugh we all know

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-08-2011, 06:18 PM
Source says Hornets thought they were very close to a deal to send Chris Paul to Lakers but then Lakers backed off. To be continued.

JNA17
12-08-2011, 06:19 PM

very old news (an hour old). New news says it's very much alive again.

Great now I have to go twitter searching for it again.

oak2455
12-08-2011, 06:19 PM

I was trying to find that where is that from??

kblo247
12-08-2011, 06:21 PM

That is old. My news above you is recent aka fresh off the presses and air waves from ESPN LA.

Aust
12-08-2011, 06:21 PM
If the Lakers are backing off, I heard it's because NO is screaming for Bynum....

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-08-2011, 06:25 PM
very old news (an hour old). New news says it's very much alive again.

Great now I have to go twitter searching for it again.

whats the best twitter source lol?

I was trying to find that where is that from??

http://twitter.com/christomasson

kblo247
12-08-2011, 06:27 PM
You got tweekdeck?

NYMetros
If the Lakers are backing off, I heard it's because NO is screaming for Bynum....

Why wouldn't they? He's the only guy on LA they want. They don't want Gasol, he's 31 yrs old. They're trying to rebuild, they don't want a 31 year old, that doesn't help them at all.

Bruno
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/7332598/talks-three-way-trade-sending-chris-paul-new-orleans-hornets-los-angeles-lakers-pau-gasol-houston-rockets

By Chris Broussard
ESPN The Magazine
Archive

The New Orleans Hornets are engaged in trade talks with the Los Angeles Lakers and Houston Rockets about a three-team trade that would send Chris Paul to the Lakers and Pau Gasol to the Rockets, sources said.

The Hornets would receive either Luis Scola or Kevin Martin, and possibly both, as well as draft picks. Houston owns the New York Knicks' first-round pick from 2012, as well as its own.

The Rockets also have young assets to offer New Orleans in players like Chase Budinger, Patrick Patterson and Jordan Hill.

The Hornets would like to trade Paul, an All-Star and U.S. Olympian, before Christmas to avoid the lengthy drama that Carmelo Anthony and the Denver Nuggets went through before he was sent to the New York Knicks last season, sources have told ESPN.com. But the Hornets are also prepared to wait for offers to improve, convinced that they they're getting low-ball proposals from would-be suitors.

Sources previously told ESPN.com that the Lakers have made their willingness to deal forward Gasol for Paul clear to the Hornets, since L.A. is hoping to preserve Andrew Bynum to be the centerpiece of a trade offer for Orlando's Dwight Howard.

As the Knicks were closing in on a deal for Tyson Chandler of the Dallas Mavericks, sources told ESPN.com's Marc Stein the Knicks were considering the possibility of sending Amare Stoudemire to the Hornets for Paul, reuiniting him with Chandler.

Chris Broussard is a senior writer for ESPN The Magazine. Information from ESPN.com's Marc Stein was used in this report.

Follow Chris Broussard on Twitter: @chris_broussard

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-08-2011, 06:31 PM
You got tweekdeck?

nah:(

J4KOP99
12-08-2011, 06:33 PM
Why wouldn't they? He's the only guy on LA they want. They don't want Gasol, he's 31 yrs old. They're trying to rebuild, they don't want a 31 year old, that doesn't help them at all.

What do you guys not understand about this being a 3-team deal?

Pau would be going to Houston. Houston would in turn trade Scola, Martin and some draft picks.

Paul would go to LA.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-08-2011, 06:33 PM
**BREAKING NBA NEWS**Source: Claims Lakers have "NOT" backed out of deal with Hornets (However Lakers do want commitment from CP3 be4 deal)

LA_Raiders
12-08-2011, 06:35 PM
****, I want Howard not CP3...

IBleedPurple
12-08-2011, 06:37 PM
**BREAKING NBA NEWS**Source: Claims Lakers have "NOT" backed out of deal with Hornets (However Lakers do want commitment from CP3 be4 deal)

Where is this from, just wondering.

lakerboy
12-08-2011, 06:39 PM

Me too. We don't need Chris Paul!!

JNA17
12-08-2011, 06:39 PM

With Bynum still in LA, Howard is still a strong possibility.

oak2455
12-08-2011, 06:40 PM
AlexKennedyNBA Alex Kennedy
Source says that the Lakers and Hornets had agreed to a deal involving Chris Paul, but the Lakers reneged. "Dell [Demps] is very upset."

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-08-2011, 06:40 PM
Where is this from, just wondering.

bob

JNA17
12-08-2011, 06:41 PM
Me too. We don't need Chris Paul!!

you realize the lakers have no PG...wait. *looks at your avatar*. Well no wonder.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-08-2011, 06:41 PM
Source says that the Lakers and Hornets had agreed to a deal involving Chris Paul, but the Lakers reneged. "Dell [Demps] is very upset."

CP3 still wants to go to knicks???.... but its impossible when chandler signs that deal.

this is really confusing:confused:

Lake_Show2416
12-08-2011, 06:42 PM
With Bynum still in LA, Howard is still a strong possibility.

the only way that happens is if we're able to keep both Bynum & Odom

daboywonder2002
i dont understand why the lakers would do this. is cp3 an upgrade over fisher? sure he is. but not at the expense of trading one of the twin towers. first off, dallas is losing tyson chandler, so that puts lakers over dallas for now. also cp3 and boston is better off doing the rondo/cp3 trade? the lakers post bryant/phil is too questionable for me. id much rather sign with boston with more stability upstairs(ainge/doc rivers). plus having cp3 will automatically attract free agents.

kblo247

Read this.

Interestingly enough, Mitch did the same to Memphis for Pau years ago to get the bit details in his favor. I would not be shocked to see them agree on something slightly tweaked

-Kobe24-TJ19-
you realize the lakers have no PG...wait. *looks at your avatar*. Well no wonder.

**** cp3, we'll sign machine to play PG:D

oak2455
12-08-2011, 06:43 PM
CP3 still wants to go to knicks???.... but its impossible when chandler signs that deal.

this is really confusing:confused:

your confused I think I have a migrane:mad: this isnt fun its pure pain:D

JNA17
12-08-2011, 06:43 PM
Well I'm going to go out and get some food, when I come back, I better see "BREAKING NEWS: CHRIS PAUL TO THE LAKERS" threads.

JNA17
12-08-2011, 06:44 PM
**** cp3, we'll sign machine to play PG:D

Don't get me excited man, that's like...a dream come true.

JNA17
12-08-2011, 06:45 PM
the only way that happens is if we're able to keep both Bynum & Odom

....yeah...and odom. Why do you think neither of those names have popped up here?

Aust
12-08-2011, 06:49 PM
Hopefully it's just some weird *** strategy Mitch is utilizing. But if CP3 has had his sights on NYK the ENTIRE time and has been pulling a Lebron by giving off 'interest' in other teams it would show he's just a tease who'se trying to protect his image

oak2455
12-08-2011, 06:52 PM
Hopefully it's just some weird *** strategy Mitch is utilizing. But if CP3 has had his sights on NYK the ENTIRE time and has been pulling a Lebron by giving off 'interest' in other teams it would show he's just a tease who'se trying to protect his image

unless the Knicks swap Amare:rolleyes:

jrm2054
12-08-2011, 06:52 PM
I hope this goes through i just want this over

shep33
12-08-2011, 06:54 PM
I bet this has more to do with CP3 wanting to go to NYC, which I don't know how will get done if they sign Chandler

JNA17
12-08-2011, 06:54 PM
unless the Knicks swap Amare:rolleyes:

After Amare handpicking the Knicks and walking on sunshine over the team? I don't see Amare being traded at all.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-08-2011, 06:55 PM
I cant go to sleep....:(

Dankster
12-08-2011, 06:56 PM
^^Amare didn't "handpick" anyone- Phoenix only offered him 3 years, we offered him 5. If Phoenix gave him the full length of a max contract he would've probably ended up staying there.

oak2455
12-08-2011, 06:56 PM
After Amare handpicking the Knicks and walking on sunshine over the team? I don't see Amare being traded at all.

I'm not saying it will happen, but you never know stranger things have happened:eyebrow:

oak2455
12-08-2011, 06:57 PM
I cant go to sleep....:(

it's like almost 12 right??