PDA

View Full Version : Warriors to make "hard run" at DeAndre Jordan

Monta is beast
12-08-2011, 02:58 PM
"Source says Golden State expected to make hard run at RFA DeAndre Jordan if/when New York wins out on Chandler."

http://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine

Monta is beast
12-08-2011, 03:01 PM
Not a bad second option. He's younger and cheaper.

Lloyd Christmas
12-08-2011, 03:05 PM
Maybe Chandler's Knicks comment was to drive his price up and this Jordan comment was to drive Chandler's price back down.

Monta is beast
12-08-2011, 03:08 PM
Maybe Chandler's Knicks comment was to drive his price up and this Jordan comment was to drive Chandler's price back down.

Very well could be.

GWarrior
12-08-2011, 03:16 PM
same old. same old. we will be overpaying for another player this year. it will be no other significant changes to this team.

Monta is beast
12-08-2011, 03:18 PM
same old. same old. we will be overpaying for another player this year. it will be no other significant changes to this team.

Jordan is a very similar player to Chandler.

WestCoastSportz
12-08-2011, 03:19 PM
How quickly things change. I'm not sure about DeAndre Jordan. The Warriors will have to overpay this guy by putting an offer on the table that the Clippers just won't match. He's probably worth about $7-8M, but the Warriors may have to pay him close to $10-12M to get it done.

Monta is beast
12-08-2011, 03:21 PM
How quickly things change. I'm not sure about DeAndre Jordan. The Warriors will have to overpay this guy by putting an offer on the table that the Clippers just won't match. He's probably worth about $7-8M, but the Warriors may have to pay him close to $10-12M to get it done.

That's probably what it's going to have to take.

Lloyd Christmas
12-08-2011, 03:29 PM
I still think the Clippers will match.

BKLYNpigeon
12-08-2011, 03:30 PM
They should just offer Deandre Jordan 12 million and then Amnesty Biedrins. that will be a significant upgrade.

BKLYNpigeon
12-08-2011, 03:30 PM
let the clippers match, the more money they spend the better off we are.

Monta is beast
12-08-2011, 03:31 PM
let the clippers match, the more money they spend the better off we are.

Problem is we need him.

Public Enemy #1
12-08-2011, 03:32 PM
I don't get the Jordan hype.... He hasn't proven **** and he can have all the potential in the world aka Anthony Randolph and it doesn't mean he will live up to it. Signing Jordan won't make the Warriors that much better, seems like all the great speculation that was unfolding the last couple of days was the latest let down for Dubs fans.

TahoeSteve
12-08-2011, 03:34 PM
If you look at any free agent signing the teams always have to over pay... that's why these guys want to become free agents and have teams compete for there services. By signing extensions with their current team they lose all leverage. Until the Warriors become a good team they'll even pay more... I don't blame the players.

Monta is beast
12-08-2011, 03:35 PM
I don't get the Jordan hype.... He hasn't proven **** and he can have all the potential in the world aka Anthony Randolph and it doesn't mean he will live up to it. Signing Jordan won't make the Warriors that much better, seems like all the great speculation that was unfolding the last couple of days was the latest let down for Dubs fans.

Jordan can provide the Warriors with what they need right now. If he reaches his potential then great, but right now he is a good fit with us.

BrandoCommando
12-08-2011, 03:38 PM
I'll be okay with D.Jordan but I'd much rather have Chandler.

IF we get Jordan and amnesty Beans, our roster looks like:

Curry-Jenkins-Lin
Ellis-Thompson
Wright-Thorton
Lee-Amundson-Udoh
Jordan-Udoh-Tyler

Something like that, am I right?

TahoeSteve
12-08-2011, 03:42 PM

Remember, Chandler was hurt most of the last three seasons. Jordan is younger and he stays healthy (so far). I saw him play a few games last year and he was MUCH improved from his prior year. I see a lot of upside with him.

CSN Bay Area just said they are looking at Nene as well... they'll get a big man.

Public Enemy #1
12-08-2011, 03:44 PM
Jordan can provide the Warriors with what they need right now. If he reaches his potential then great, but right now he is a good fit with us.

It doesn't feel like its a good fit, it feels like a signing that limits the payroll flexibility for the Warriors. Chandler would have made a difference in my opinion, it would have put the warriors in the playoff race, with Jordan I don't see much improvement. I could be wrong, but I just don't see whats so great about him. He doesn't seem like a difference maker on the defensive end.

Geek
Damn

Monta is beast
I'll be okay with D.Jordan but I'd much rather have Chandler.

IF we get Jordan and amnesty Beans, our roster looks like:

Curry-Jenkins-Lin
Ellis-Thompson
Wright-Thorton
Lee-Amundson-Udoh
Jordan-Udoh-Tyler

Something like that, am I right?

Right now we are 6 million under the cap, signing Jordan would likely cost 12-13 million. We would obviously have to use the amnesty clause on Biedrins just to sign Jordan, but we still have to pay Thompson, Jenkins, and Tyler. After signing them we would probably be around 3 million under the cap. After cutting Biedrins we would be 12 million under the cap. Giving us just enough, if the Clippers don't match his contract.

Monta is beast
12-08-2011, 03:48 PM
It doesn't feel like its a good fit, it feels like a signing that limits the payroll flexibility for the Warriors. Chandler would have made a difference in my opinion, it would have put the warriors in the playoff race, with Jordan I don't see much improvement. I could be wrong, but I just don't see whats so great about him. He doesn't seem like a difference maker on the defensive end.

Jordan can make a difference. Numbers don't tell the whole story. Jordan plays great defense, and can rebound the ball. He is 7'0, 265 ibs, and blocks two shots a game. He would make a huge difference.

Public Enemy #1
12-08-2011, 03:48 PM
Remember, Chandler was hurt most of the last three seasons. Jordan is younger and he stays healthy (so far). I saw him play a few games last year and he was MUCH improved from his prior year. I see a lot of upside with him.

CSN Bay Area just said they are looking at Nene as well... they'll get a big man.

I know Chandler was hurt the last few seasons, but still, he seems like a guy that would have made a difference for the Warriors on the defensive end. I rather they go after Nene... Although I read some reports that Nene wants near max money...don't know about that. Maybe Jordan is the best option, I just hope they don't go over 10 million

Monta is beast
12-08-2011, 03:53 PM
I know Chandler was hurt the last few seasons, but still, he seems like a guy that would have made a difference for the Warriors on the defensive end. I rather they go after Nene... Although I read some reports that Nene wants near max money...don't know about that. Maybe Jordan is the best option, I just hope they don't go over 10 million

They have to go over 10 million.

BKLYNpigeon
12-08-2011, 03:55 PM
its going to take 13-15 million to get Deandre Jordan. is it really worth it? where are the Warriors going to get the money to resign Curry?

Public Enemy #1
12-08-2011, 03:57 PM
They have to go over 10 million.

Then its pointless. He isn't worth 10 million, if he doesn't live up to the hype then its another bloated contract on the books that already has Lee and Ellis. They need to sign talent that is actually proven, not talent that is "in the making". Terrible deal if it happens.

Monta is beast
12-08-2011, 03:58 PM
its going to take 13-15 million to get Deandre Jordan. is it really worth it? where are the Warriors going to get the money to resign Curry?

It's going to take 12-13 million to sign Jordan. Like I have been saying, I bet the Warriors trade Ellis within the next month or two.

Monta is beast
12-08-2011, 04:01 PM
Then its pointless. He isn't worth 10 million, if he doesn't live up to the hype then its another bloated contract on the books that already has Lee and Ellis. They need to sign talent that is actually proven, not talent that is "in the making". Terrible deal if it happens.

Dude, he is basically the same player as Chandler.

Chandler: 10.1 ppg, 9.4 rpg, & 1.1 bpg.
Jordan: 7.1 ppg, 7.2 rpg, & 1.8 bpg.

Lloyd Christmas
12-08-2011, 04:01 PM
I know this is going to go against everything we have been hoping for but I'm going to say this anyway:

If we can't land any free agent center even if we would pay more then the team that gets that player then we need to realize the only way we are ever landing a star player is through the draft. We should trade away Lee, Monta, Wright, Biedrins, etc for draft picks and young talent. I know this would never happen because of the promises Lacob has made but it would be the smart move. If we go into next year with the team we have plus a couple role players added in free agency then we will once again be stuck in the middle of not making the playoffs and not in a position to land an impact player in the draft.

We are going in with the attitude of a big market team and still getting treated as a small market team. Lets build our team the right way and then players will want to come here.

Public Enemy #1
12-08-2011, 04:04 PM
Dude, he is basically the same player as Chandler.

Chandler: 10.1 ppg, 9.4 rpg, & 1.1 bpg.
Jordan: 7.1 ppg, 7.2 rpg, & 1.8 bpg.

I've seen a lot of both of these players and Jordan didn't make the Clippers a better defensive team, they weren't anywhere near the playoffs, and Jordan fouled out a bunch of games. Sure, Chandler had way better players around him but he changed the whole landscape of the Mavs defensive approach. Mavs defense used to be mediocre at its best, when he came along, it became one of the top 5 in the league.

Public Enemy #1
12-08-2011, 04:07 PM
I know this is going to go against everything we have been hoping for but I'm going to say this anyway:

If we can't land any free agent center even if we would pay more then the team that gets that player then we need to realize the only way we are ever landing a star player is through the draft. We should trade away Lee, Monta, Wright, Biedrins, etc for draft picks and young talent. I know this would never happen because of the promises Lacob has made but it would be the smart move. If we go into next year with the team we have plus a couple role players added in free agency then we will once again be stuck in the middle of not making the playoffs and not in a position to land an impact player in the draft.

We are going in with the attitude of a big market team and still getting treated as a small market team. Lets build our team the right way and then players will want to come here.

Won't happen. As you say above, new owners made too many promises. They won't start over. Need to hope for the best... which I guess is apparently overpaying for an unproven DeAndre Jordan. lol :facepalm:

Leandres_sf
12-08-2011, 04:08 PM
At this point, I'm worried they're going to overpay for Jordan. Lacob thought he was going to get Chris Paul and Tyson Chandler, now he's getting neither. He seems to be agressive, which I like. I jus thope he doesn't get too aggressive in the wake of not getting the guy he really wanted.

Monta is beast
12-08-2011, 04:10 PM
I've seen a lot of both of these players and Jordan didn't make the Clippers a better defensive team, they weren't anywhere near the playoffs, and Jordan fouled out a bunch of games. Sure, Chandler had way better players around him but he changed the whole landscape of the Mavs defensive approach. Mavs defense used to be mediocre at its best, when he came along, it became one of the top 5 in the league.

While I agree Jordan is not as good as Chandler is defensively, he still is 10x better then anything the Warriors have right now.

mavwar53
12-08-2011, 04:11 PM
Starting to look like a usual off-season for the warriors, no hopes at all, then rumors and speculation of great things, and now it seems as if we are going to have the same squad with the addition of rooks.

Always set for disappointment when your a fan of a west coast team that's not in LA.

I believe Riley and the owners have done their best but this is what it comes down to.

Leandres_sf
12-08-2011, 04:11 PM

You are probably right. If we don't get Paul & Chandler (which seems even beyond unlikely at this point) it might not be a bad idea to just blow this thing up and build soley around Curry and, to a lesser point, Thompson.

SugeKnight
12-08-2011, 04:12 PM
Why not go for gasol? Is management scared to have two white guys in the frontcourt?

goldenstater
12-08-2011, 04:12 PM
clippers will match.

Leandres_sf
12-08-2011, 04:15 PM
clippers will match.

Maybe they ought to make him a big offer, just to raise the Clippers price. :D

mavwar53
12-08-2011, 04:15 PM
While I agree Jordan is not as good as Chandler is defensively, he still is 10x better then anything the Warriors have right now.

how is he so much better than Biedrins? 7/7/2 while biedrins 5/7/1 in 2nd of 2 consecutive down years, hell even biedrins shoots FT's better than Jordan for his career, yes jordan could get a lot better but hell biedrins averaged a double double and got only 9mil per, why should jordan get 10+.

I'd rather just hold biedrins, hope he has a comeback year and if not amnesty him next season.

Public Enemy #1
12-08-2011, 04:17 PM
Shot in the dark, Howard said he wanted to play with Ellis. Why not just wait till next offseason and go after him. Seriously, Warriors won't make a difference with or without Jordan in my opinion, save the money, amnesty Biedrins after the season and go for D12 even though the Knicks/Celtics/Lakers/Clippers- basically every team will be after him...

Public Enemy #1
12-08-2011, 04:18 PM
how is he so much better than Biedrins? 7/7/2 while biedrins 5/7/1 in 2nd of 2 consecutive down years, hell even biedrins shoots FT's better than Jordan for his career, yes jordan could get a lot better but hell biedrins averaged a double double and got only 9mil per, why should jordan get 10+.

I'd rather just hold biedrins, hope he has a comeback year and if not amnesty him next season.

That's what I'm thinking too.

Monta is beast
12-08-2011, 04:22 PM
Shot in the dark, Howard said he wanted to play with Ellis. Why not just wait till next offseason and go after him. Seriously, Warriors won't make a difference with or without Jordan in my opinion, save the money, amnesty Biedrins after the season and go for D12 even though the Knicks/Celtics/Lakers/Clippers- basically every team will be after him...

Why not just make an offer of Curry, Thompson, Udoh, and Bell for Howard?

Monta is beast
12-08-2011, 04:26 PM

Biedrins was a complete non-factor when he was on the court the last two season's. Jordan can defend opposing big men, while Biedrins get's man handled in the paint.

BKLYNpigeon
12-08-2011, 04:26 PM

Easier said then done. in order to trade Ellis, we would have to take a player back in return. no team can realistically take on Ellis's 11 million contract, maybe 4 teams could.

what draft picks can you get for Ellis? maybe one 1st round pick?

what does that say about Lacob and the Franchise? rebuilding again? its about money, putting butts in the seats, and putting a good product on the table.

what happens if you miss in the draft and get another player like Brandon Wright? lol.

the warriors have been rebuilding every 2-3 years. They finally have a player like Curry who is going to very very good, the wise thing to do is build around him.

If Lacob wants to be a player in theis League he has to overspend and go into the luxury tax like the Lakers & Mavs.

Monta is beast
12-08-2011, 04:28 PM
Easier said then done. in order to trade Ellis, we would have to take a player back in return. no team can realistically take on Ellis's 11 million contract, maybe 4 teams could.

what does that say about Lacob and the Franchise? rebuilding again? its about money, putting butts in the seats, and putting a good product on the table.

what happens if you miss in the draft and get another player like Brandon Wright? lol.

the warriors have been rebuilding every 2-3 years. They finally have a player like Curry who is going to very very good, the wise thing to do is build around him.

If Lacob wants to be a player in theis League he has to overspend and go into the luxury tax like the Lakers & Mavs.

Nail on the head.

BrandoCommando
12-08-2011, 04:33 PM
If we have to overspend then we should do that. I want a competitive team! A core of Curry and Jordan is good right now and in the future. Let's win.

mavwar53
12-08-2011, 04:37 PM
If we have to overspend then we should do that. I want a competitive team! A core of Curry and Jordan is good right now and in the future. Let's win.

JORDAN HAS PROVEN ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, PRETTY HARD TO UNDERSTAND I GUESS.

He in no way makes us a better team, waste of money setting us back another 8-10 years.

BKLYNpigeon
12-08-2011, 04:43 PM
I kind of wished Ellison would have just bought the team.

Larry Ellison would have been a Marc Cuban 2.0

Monta is beast
12-08-2011, 04:45 PM
JORDAN HAS PROVEN ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, PRETTY HARD TO UNDERSTAND I GUESS.

He in no way makes us a better team, waste of money setting us back another 8-10 years.

That shows how much you know.

BrandoCommando
12-08-2011, 04:45 PM
He's proven to be better than anything we have defensively right now and he's only 23! He's younger than Curry. When a player is young and already is good at what your team needs, you go out and get them. It's great that he has a tremendous upside.

Monta is beast
12-08-2011, 04:46 PM
I kind of wished Ellison would have just bought the team.

Larry Ellison would have been a Marc Cuban 2.0

In his first off-season he almost got us the best PG in the NBA and the best free agent on the market.

Lloyd Christmas
12-08-2011, 04:46 PM

Right. But even when we are willing to overpay players, those players still take less money to play somewhere else. So who are we going to sign? Another Maggette or Fisher?

As for Monta, Lee, Biedrins, there are ways to move them. Look at a team like the T Wolves. They have a roster full of high draft picks with huge upside. Are you telling me they wouldn't want to trade one or two of them for a guy like Monta to build with? Especially when they have multiple guys at one position. Look at Johnson/Beasley/Williams. Trading Monta for one of them and a pick makes sense from the Wolves point of view.

Any small market team that would have no shot at a guy in free agency, but are near playoff contention would have to consider Lee or Monta. What about the Pacers? If they can't land Nene wouldn't Lee fit there? They have tons of cap space and could easily trade George for Lee.

All I'm saying is what we are doing right now puts us in this endless cycle of mediocrity.

BKLYNpigeon
12-08-2011, 04:47 PM
just think of it this way...

would you have Biendrins for 9 million

or

Deandre Jordan for 12 Million?

case closed.

Monta is beast
12-08-2011, 04:48 PM
He's proven to be better than anything we have defensively right now and he's only 23! He's younger than Curry. When a player is young and already is good at what your team needs, you go out and get them. It's great that he has a tremendous upside.

This, dude don't argue with them it's a waste of time. Biedrins is one of the worst centers in the league, yet acquiring a young center that is 7'0, 265 ibs, is very athletic, and has already shown he is a good re-bounder and defender doesn't make us a better team?

Monta is beast
12-08-2011, 04:49 PM
just think of it this way...

would you have Biendrins for 9 million

or

Deandre Jordan for 12 Million?

case closed.

This.

BrandoCommando
12-08-2011, 04:53 PM
This, dude don't argue with them it's a waste of time. Biedrins is one of the worst centers in the league, yet acquiring a young center that is 7'0, 265 ibs, is very athletic, and has already shown he is a good re-bounder and defender doesn't make us a better team?

I'm done arguing with him. He lost a lot of credibility :/

BKLYNpigeon
12-08-2011, 04:53 PM
Right. But even when we are willing to overpay players, those players still take less money to play somewhere else. So who are we going to sign? Another Maggette or Fisher?

As for Monta, Lee, Biedrins, there are ways to move them. Look at a team like the T Wolves. They have a roster full of high draft picks with huge upside. Are you telling me they wouldn't want to trade one or two of them for a guy like Monta to build with? Especially when they have multiple guys at one position. Look at Johnson/Beasley/Williams. Trading Monta for one of them and a pick makes sense from the Wolves point of view.

Any small market team that would have no shot at a guy in free agency, but are near playoff contention would have to consider Lee or Monta. What about the Pacers? If they can't land Nene wouldn't Lee fit there? They have tons of cap space and could easily trade George for Lee.

All I'm saying is what we are doing right now puts us in this endless cycle of mediocrity.

Theres no way the pacers would trade George for Lee. I honestly think lee is untradeable with that contract. then again, he's white and wold fit well on the pacers or jazz, lol. I wish we could amnesty Lee and Biedrins.

mavwar53
12-08-2011, 04:57 PM

Ok, so when Biedrins was the same age he already had better stats than Jordan and what happened, we all thought we had a good C and he hasn't performed at all, Jordan has put up 7/7 and you want to risk the future of the team on that haha, that is just stupid. Give biedrins a chance, if it doesn't work out amnesty him next season and go hard after dwight or CP3 and then maybe a sign and trade for the other, if the heat can do it so can we.

Monta is beast
12-08-2011, 05:02 PM
Ok, so when Biedrins was the same age he already had better stats than Jordan and what happened, we all thought we had a good C and he hasn't performed at all, Jordan has put up 7/7 and you want to risk the future of the team on that haha, that is just stupid. Give biedrins a chance, if it doesn't work out amnesty him next season and go hard after dwight or CP3 and then maybe a sign and trade for the other, if the heat can do it so can we.

Like I said stats don't tell the whole story. As of right now Jordan is a way better defender then Biedrins ever was. And Jordan has bulk something Biedrins doesn't have. And how would 12 million be risking the future? Keeping Biedrins we don't even have a future. The dude plays scared. A core of Curry, Thompson, and Jordan is a damn good one. The fact is Biedrins is on the decline and Jordan is on the incline. And if you think we can attract free agents like the Heat can right now, it just validates my point that you don't know what your talking about.

Leandres_sf
12-08-2011, 05:03 PM
I think arguement to make in this case with Biedrins vs. Jordan is that just like Jordan, Biedrins showed a lot of promise. Are the Warriors willing to pay even more than they did for Biedrins simply based on potential? I don't think so. I think Lacob is looking for production, not potential. Remember, even though the money doesn't count against the cap, Biedrins will still get paid. I think the Warriors wanted Chandler not because he is an All-Star caliber player, but becuase he was an obvious upgrade over what they currently have.

You can argue the Jordan is a better option than Bierins because a) he's younger b) he's got more potential and c) we've all seen Biedrins since signing the big deal and want to see something else.

Monta is beast
12-08-2011, 05:05 PM
Something else to take into consideration is that if we did sign Jordan we would use the amnesty clause on Biedrins. So it's either have Biedrins at 9 million and hope he does well or sign Jordan at 12-13 million and you know what you got, with a chance he gets better.

mavwar53
12-08-2011, 05:08 PM
Let me just put it like this finally, 1-4 who is better last year the clipps or the warriors?

Curry
Ellis
Wright
Lee

Baron/Mo
Eric Gordon
Gomes/Aminu
Blake

Gordon and Ellis even
Curry slightly better than Baron/Mo last year
Griffin Better than Lee by a mile
Wright better than Gomes or Aminu

Talent of pg-PF averages out to pretty even, the clippers players are better defenders and is you look at the C's Jordan is soooo much better than Biedrins yet the clipps had 4 less wins, Jordan is not a difference maker point blank period.

Lloyd Christmas
12-08-2011, 05:08 PM
Or Jordan can do exactly what Biedrins did. Get paid and stop trying.

MackShock
12-08-2011, 05:11 PM
son of a..i thought we were frontrunners for chandler

mavwar53
12-08-2011, 05:12 PM
Something else to take into consideration is that if we did sign Jordan we would use the amnesty clause on Biedrins. So it's either have Biedrins at 9 million and hope he does well or sign Jordan at 12-13 million and you know what you got, with a chance he gets better.

what do you not understand about see if biedrins works out this year and if not amnesty him next, if we sign jordan for 12-13 we are stuck with that for 4 years that is how you eff yourself in the future, and you previous posts, how do you know what you're getting with Jordan, he could get paid and become Eddy Curry some of the dumbest things I've ever hear have come from you, Monta for Afflalo haha.

Monta is beast
12-08-2011, 05:16 PM
Let me just put it like this finally, 1-4 who is better last year the clipps or the warriors?

Curry
Ellis
Wright
Lee

Baron/Mo
Eric Gordon
Gomes/Aminu
Blake

Gordon and Ellis even

Talent of pg-PF averages out to pretty even, the clippers players are better defenders and is you look at the C's Jordan is soooo much better than Biedrins yet the clipps had 4 less wins, Jordan is not a difference maker point blank period.

That's a joke right? Curry averaged 6 more points per game then Davis and 5 more points per game then Williams. As well as averaging two more rebounds per game then both of them.

And there are so many things that go into a good team. Good coaching, schedule, injuries, how can you judge Jordan by comparing his teams wins to the Warriors?

mavwar53
12-08-2011, 05:20 PM
That's a joke right? Curry averaged 6 more points per game then Davis and 5 more points per game then Williams. As well as averaging two more rebounds per game then both of them.

And there are so many things that go into a good team. Good coaching, schedule, injuries, how can you judge Jordan by comparing his teams wins to the Warriors?

I can tell you this, he wasn't a difference maker was he, 32 wins haha.

Monta is beast
12-08-2011, 05:23 PM
what do you not understand about see if biedrins works out this year and if not amnesty him next, if we sign jordan for 12-13 we are stuck with that for 4 years that is how you eff yourself in the future, and you previous posts, how do you know what you're getting with Jordan, he could get paid and become Eddy Curry some of the dumbest things I've ever hear have come from you, Monta for Afflalo haha.

What makes you think Jordan wont produce. He is 7'0 tall, 265 ibs, and an athletic freak. Biedrins at 23 was 230 ibs, and is still not athletic at all. Common sense tells you that Jordan will only get better. Some of the dumbest things you hear come from me? Do you hear what your saying? Stats prove that the Warriors play better when Ellis is not on the court, and almost everyone agrees he is stunting Curry's growth as a player. So lets hold onto a player that makes the team worse, and stops the future of the team from getting better. Afflalo is one of the best defenders in the league and would provide the Warriors with something they desperately need. Add that to the fact that Ellis will be making 33 million over the next three years, and Afflalo could be had for around 5-6 million. Learn your stuff before you start an argument.

BKLYNpigeon
12-08-2011, 05:24 PM

Monta is beast
12-08-2011, 05:27 PM
I can tell you this, he wasn't a difference maker was he, 32 wins haha.

He is also 23 years old, and getting better. Pair him with Curry and he becomes that much more of a factor. Almost all centers take 2-3 years to reach their potential. Biedrins is absolutely done, he cannot play. Jordan will get better, and is 23 years old.

Curry--23
Thompson--21
Wright--26
Lee--28
Jordan--23

Give that team two years together, and tell me there not in the playoffs.

BKLYNpigeon
12-08-2011, 05:28 PM

Curry
Ellis
Wright
Lee

Baron/Mo
Eric Gordon
Gomes/Aminu
Blake

Gordon and Ellis even

yeah, thats a good judge of talent...lol

who gave up the most points in the paint last season? and at the bottom last season with Rebounds?....The Warriors. FACT!

mavwar53
12-08-2011, 05:28 PM
What makes you think Jordan wont produce. He is 7'0 tall, 265 ibs, and an athletic freak. Biedrins at 23 was 230 ibs, and is still not athletic at all. Common sense tells you that Jordan will only get better. Some of the dumbest things you hear come from me? Do you hear what your saying? Stats prove that the Warriors play better when Ellis is not on the court, and almost everyone agrees he is stunting Curry's growth as a player. So lets hold onto a player that makes the team worse, and stops the future of the team from getting better. Afflalo is one of the best defenders in the league and would provide the Warriors with something they desperately need. Add that to the fact that Ellis will be making 33 million over the next three years, and Afflalo could be had for around 5-6 million. Learn your stuff before you start an argument.

There is no arguing with the ignorant, sorry wish I could argue with you.

Monta is beast
12-08-2011, 05:30 PM
There is no arguing with the ignorant, sorry wish I could argue with you.

Don't have any more "reasons" that we shouldn't go after Jordan? Just admit it, you were wrong.

mavwar53
12-08-2011, 05:31 PM
He is also 23 years old, and getting better. Pair him with Curry and he becomes that much more of a factor. Almost all centers take 2-3 years to reach their potential. Biedrins is absolutely done, he cannot play. Jordan will get better, and is 23 years old.

Curry--23
Thompson--21
Wright--26
Lee--28
Jordan--23

Give that team two years together, and tell me there not in the playoffs.

Dude get it through your head, that is exactly what we said with biedrins, thats what NY said with Curry, just cause a guy has upside doesn't mean he's going to reach it, nor does it mean that he won't just fall out of the league completely.

Jrod2173
12-08-2011, 05:32 PM
The problem with Jordan is that he has in no way earned what he will get on the FA market, and if you pay him what he is actually worth the Clips will match, another lose lose for us unless he turns into an All Star. Chandler is not worth 15 mil a year, but if thats what it takes to get him here we have to. People dont want to play here until we have a proven winner, and until we get more talent and win that wont change.

mavwar53
12-08-2011, 05:32 PM
Don't have any more "reasons" that we shouldn't go after Jordan? Just admit it, you were wrong.

I'm not wrong, we shouldn't go after him at what he will cost us 12-13 mil, I'm not stupid, maybe the owners will be but I'm not dumb enough to make that move.

Monta is beast
12-08-2011, 05:36 PM
Dude get it through your head, that is exactly what we said with biedrins, thats what NY said with Curry, just cause a guy has upside doesn't mean he's going to reach it, nor does it mean that he won't just fall out of the league completely.

Biedrins was 230 ibs and had very littler athleticism. Curry was overweight and had a questionable work ethic. Jordan as previously stated is 7'0, 265 ibs, and an athletic freak, with no sign of work ethic problems. And if you think he is going to sign his contract and stop trying your crazy. He is 23 years old, signing a 4 year deal. I'm pretty sure he knows he is in for another contract or two, which he is going to want to cash in on as well.

mavwar53
12-08-2011, 05:37 PM
I'd love the warriors to take a chance on Jordan if we could get him for 8-9 mil per year and that would still be overpaying considering he should get 6-7 at the most but 11 or less and the clippers match 12-13 is star player money and that is just a huge bad gamble.

Monta is beast
12-08-2011, 05:37 PM
I'm not wrong, we shouldn't go after him at what he will cost us 12-13 mil, I'm not stupid, maybe the owners will be but I'm not dumb enough to make that move.

Ok, buddy.

mavwar53
12-08-2011, 05:38 PM
Biedrins was 230 ibs and had very littler athleticism. Curry was overweight and had a questionable work ethic. Jordan as previously stated is 7'0, 265 ibs, and an athletic freak, with no sign of work ethic problems. And if you think he is going to sign his contract and stop trying your crazy. He is 23 years old, signing a 4 year deal. I'm pretty sure he knows he is in for another contract or two, which he is going to want to cash in on as well.

So what you are saying is Biedrins is either stupid or the money he got with his first big contract was enough for him thats why he's turned into such a terrible player.

Monta is beast
12-08-2011, 05:39 PM
I'd love the warriors to take a chance on Jordan if we could get him for 8-9 mil per year and that would still be overpaying considering he should get 6-7 at the most but 11 or less and the clippers match 12-13 is star player money and that is just a huge bad gamble.

Anyone who is 6'11 or taller is overpaid. Look at what Chandler & Nene are getting. Center is the most important position in basketball. The list of dominant big men who don't have a ring is very short. I'm not saying that Jordan will be dominant, but he is leaps and bounds over Biedrins.

Monta is beast
12-08-2011, 05:41 PM
So what you are saying is Biedrins is either stupid or the money he got with his first big contract was enough for him thats why he's turned into such a terrible player.

No I'm saying that Biedrins was good, then teams figured out that if they were physical with him he would shy away and he lost all confidence. Which wont happen with Jordan, because he himself is a very physical player, which is another thing to add to pro's and cons'.

mavwar53
12-08-2011, 05:41 PM
Anyone who is 6'11 or taller is overpaid. Look at what Chandler & Nene are getting. Center is the most important position in basketball. The list of dominant big men who don't have a ring is very short. I'm not saying that Jordan will be dominant, but he is leaps and bounds over Biedrins.

I'd give up the argument that he is slightly better than Biedrins right now, but this is just a false statement, stats don't prove it, record doesn't prove it, potential is the only thing to bank on.

mavwar53
12-08-2011, 05:43 PM
No I'm saying that Biedrins was good, then teams figured out that if they were physical with him he would shy away and he lost all confidence. Which wont happen with Jordan, because he himself is a very physical player, which is another thing to add to pro's and cons'.

Ok nostradamus

Monta is beast
12-08-2011, 05:48 PM
I'd give up the argument that he is slightly better than Biedrins right now, but this is just a false statement, stats don't prove it, record doesn't prove it, potential is the only thing to bank on.

Dude come on, now your just being a Biedrins homer. Jordan is a defensive presence, Biedrins isn't and you know that. Jordan is a very raw player, but is still already better then Biedrins. If he can just get a little better he would be worth the contract. And if he does reach his potential, then we have a young big man that we can build the team around. There is a reason the Clippers are going to match almost any offer.

Monta is beast
12-08-2011, 05:49 PM
Ok nostradamus

How did I regard anything to future events? Jordan is a physical player right now. What is he just going to go soft all of a sudden. And don't say Biedrins did, because Biedrins was never physical.

Lloyd Christmas
12-08-2011, 06:03 PM
I think mavwar is making a lot of sense here. Jordan at 13 mil per year is a ridiculous gamble. Remember when Biedrins got his contract he was better then Jordan is now.

Monta is beast
12-08-2011, 06:07 PM
I think mavwar is making a lot of sense here. Jordan at 13 mil per year is a ridiculous gamble. Remember when Biedrins got his contract he was better then Jordan is now.

Biedrins earned his contract right? The Warriors thought that he was going to get better so they signed him before he did, so they could get him for cheaper, right? The only problem was Biedrins didn't have the physical attributes to get better. My point is that Jordan is as good as Biedrins was back then, and can be had for 13 million. That's only 4 million more then Biedrins got, and Jordan has a strong chance at getting much better. Biedrins had already peaked.

Lloyd Christmas
12-08-2011, 06:10 PM
Biedrins averaged 10.5/9.8 while being near the top in the NBA in FG%. He was quicker then most other centers in the NBA. There is no possible way you can tell me Jordan is as good now as Biedrins was at that time.

Lloyd Christmas
12-08-2011, 06:12 PM
Biedrins earned his contract right? The Warriors thought that he was going to get better so they signed him before he did, so they could get him for cheaper, right? The only problem was Biedrins didn't have the physical attributes to get better. My point is that Jordan is as good as Biedrins was back then, and can be had for 13 million. That's only 4 million more then Biedrins got, and Jordan has a strong chance at getting much better. Biedrins had already peaked.

And how can you say Biedrins already peaked? He had gotten better every year up to that point.

Monta is beast
12-08-2011, 06:23 PM
Biedrins averaged 10.5/9.8 while being near the top in the NBA in FG%. He was quicker then most other centers in the NBA. There is no possible way you can tell me Jordan is as good now as Biedrins was at that time.

DeAndre Jordan: 7.1 points per game, 7.2 rebounds per game, & 1.8 blocks per game. While shooting .686% from the field. And is clearly a better defender then Biedrins was/is.

Andris Biedrins: 11.9 points per game, 11.2 rebounds per game, & 1.5 blocks per game. While shooting .578% from the field. And was/is bullied in the paint.

So yeah Biedrins scored more and rebounded more, but Jordan shot a higher percentage from the field. So if Jordan got the same amount of shots Biedrins did when he was 23, he would have averaged 14 points per game. So to sum it up.

Jordan has a higher field goal percentage then Biedrins did, he is a better defender then Biedrins was, Jordan is bigger, Jordan is more athletic, and Jordan has a higher ceiling. What possible point's can you make that will prove Biedrins was better?

Monta is beast
12-08-2011, 06:24 PM
And how can you say Biedrins already peaked? He had gotten better every year up to that point.

Could you really see Biedrins gaining a jumpshot? Could you see him putting on 30 more pounds? Other then that, how could Biedrins have gotten better?

Leandres_sf
12-08-2011, 06:26 PM
I don't think anyone thinks Biedrins is better. Just compairing the risk of paying big money to Jordan, when the risk didn't pay of with Biedrins.

Monta is beast
12-08-2011, 06:29 PM
I don't think anyone thinks Biedrins is better. Just compairing the risk of paying big money to Jordan, when the risk didn't pay of with Biedrins.

I agree. But just because it happened with one player doesn't mean it's going to happen to the next. And what I'm saying is, there is no to very little chance Jordan get's worse. And I have said the reasoning behind that a thousand times now. Jordan has a centers body, a power forwards athleticism, and is a good defender. All the while being 23 years old.

Lloyd Christmas
12-08-2011, 06:33 PM
All of these "higher ceiling" points were said about Andris too. The fact is both players at the time their new contracts were signed had trouble staying on the floor due to foul trouble, no offensive game, and shot a terrible FT%.

I can see signing Jordan to a contract like Andris got because of his upside but to add 4 extra million per year? Come on.

Leandres_sf
I agree with what Marcus Thompson has to say:

gswscribe
If I'm Warriors, I throw a huge offer at Marc Gasol, Call Memphis' bluff, beofre going after jordan

Lloyd Christmas
Could you really see Biedrins gaining a jumpshot? Could you see him putting on 30 more pounds? Other then that, how could Biedrins have gotten better?

Can you see Jordan developing one? Him and his 45% from the FT line.

Lloyd Christmas
12-08-2011, 06:37 PM
Look, I am not trying to stick up for Biedrins or bash Jordan. I just thought you saying mavwar knew nothing about basketball was a little ridiculous when he makes some decent points.

Monta is beast
12-08-2011, 06:37 PM
Can you see Jordan developing one? Him and his 45% from the FT line.

No, but will he need one. Biedrins got his point's off of tip ins & dunks. Jordan has the strength & athleticism to become a back to the basket type player. That was never the case with Biedrins.

Monta is beast
12-08-2011, 06:38 PM
I agree with what Marcus Thompson has to say:

I agree with this. Gasol should be our number one priority now.

Lloyd Christmas
12-08-2011, 06:43 PM
No, but will he need one. Biedrins got his point's off of tip ins & dunks. Jordan has the strength & athleticism to become a back to the basket type player. That was never the case with Biedrins.

Dude, he has zero post moves.

Lloyd Christmas
12-08-2011, 06:45 PM
If you want to say Jordan can be a Chandler type player then I can maybe see that happening. But a back to the basket game? Either way, 13 mil would have been a lot to give to Chandler, a guy who was the defensive force of the NBA champs last year. Giving that much to a guy who has proven very little is a HUGE gamble.

Monta is beast
12-08-2011, 06:49 PM
If you want to say Jordan can be a Chandler type player then I can maybe see that happening. But a back to the basket game? Either way, 13 mil would have been a lot to give to Chandler, a guy who was the defensive force of the NBA champs last year. Giving that much to a guy who has proven very little is a HUGE gamble.

With what centers are going for right now, it's just about right. Chandler 15 million, Nene likely to get around 17 million. Jordan is very similar to Chandler right now, with a chance he gets better.

Monta is beast
12-08-2011, 06:51 PM
Dude, he has zero post moves.

I said become. Was Bynum a back to the basket player when he entered the league?

Lloyd Christmas
12-08-2011, 06:58 PM
I said become. Was Bynum a back to the basket player when he entered the league?

OK, well you are sold on Jordan. You made some great points. I just don't think you can blame someone or think they know very little if they aren't sold on him. That's all.

Monta is beast
12-08-2011, 07:04 PM
OK, well you are sold on Jordan. You made some great points. I just don't think you can blame someone or think they know very little if they aren't sold on him. That's all.

I agree that I did "overreact". I'll take fault on that, my bad.

jbadd
12-08-2011, 07:08 PM
If the W's had Blake Griffin and not David Lee playing alongside Beans then i can assure you andris numbers would look very similar to Jordans. I am on the fence about paying Jordan that kind of money. But i do believe his numbers will go up a significant amount not playing next to a beast in griffin. With his size and athleticism it may actually give us somebody who at times can draw a double in the post, and create alot more open shots from the perimeter. It is a huge gamble, but i think it is the best center option we will have in the last 10 years or so(foyle, beans).

BKLYNpigeon
12-08-2011, 07:19 PM
wrong.

I dont really care about Biedrins's offensive output, 5-10 points would be nice. the warriors dont need scoring. they need Biedrins to grab rebounds and play defense. His rebounding is average but hes defense of late has been awful. Biedrins commits early stupid fouls and riding the bench. I dont know if you can get him back to 2008. its been 3 terrible years, I dont know if he can get back to that level.

Monta is beast
12-08-2011, 08:21 PM
"The bidding to sign Clips' DeAndre Jordan to an offer sheet Friday likely to include G-State, Houston, New Orleans and Denver, sources say."

http://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA

lol, please
12-09-2011, 02:58 AM
"hard run" huh? Like Paul and Chandler?

MackShock
12-09-2011, 03:03 AM
we gots this :)

Bayareaboy
12-09-2011, 03:21 AM
we gots this :)

Like we got Paul and chandler? Sorry jut saw an opportunit.
But really though we need to sign someone and some good role players as well let's get to work darnit

lol, please
12-09-2011, 03:26 AM
Like we got Paul and chandler? Sorry jut saw an opportunit.
But really though we need to sign someone and some good role players as well let's get to work darnit

I almost posted that too :D but I hope he is right.

bryan_22221
12-09-2011, 03:59 AM
All I read from you guys before the whole chandler rumors came out was how you would love to have chandler, nene, or jordan on our team. now that chandler is out of the picture the warriors are going after jordan, who a lot of you were liking, and now youre B-ITCHING about it?!!! Damn make up your mind yeah it sucks that chandler is flaking out on us but get over it, any center in the league besides kwame brown is better than beidrins you all know that.