PDA

View Full Version : G.S Warriors offer Chandler $60 million/4yr deal

dnewguy
12-08-2011, 01:31 PM
Tyson Chandler has received an official offer from the Warriors worth more than $60 million over four years, according to a source.

Chandler is an unrestricted free agent after spending last season with the Mavericks.

In order to sign Chandler, the Warriors will likely need to amnesty Andris Biedrins.

Golden State is hoping to receive a commitment from Chandler on the first day of free agency on Friday.

I dont think the Mavs can match that.

IndyRealist
12-08-2011, 01:32 PM
Link?

Wade>You
12-08-2011, 01:34 PM
Link?http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2011/12/08/SPCO1M9P2L.DTL
Sources close to the talks believe the winning bid will be about $60 million for a four-year deal. The Warriors don't have that type of salary-cap space, but they may wait to sign their three rookies, make salary-dumping trades and use the amnesty clause to make the contract fit.

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2011/12/07/SPCO1M9P2L.DTL#ixzz1fxvql3tM

justinnum1
12-08-2011, 01:34 PM
Done.

McPeak92
12-08-2011, 01:35 PM
thats a lot of dough.

JerseysFinest
12-08-2011, 01:36 PM
and he's from Cali

Twista
12-08-2011, 01:38 PM
lol, and people say Joakim Noah is overpaid. Every decent center in the NBA is overpaid.

ShakeN'Bake
12-08-2011, 01:40 PM
Is Chris Paul just one step away from them now?

Cal827
12-08-2011, 01:40 PM
lol, with what Dallas is offering, I'm going to bet that the overall value goes up to closer to 70 million.. Ridiculous amount of money for a center who is overrated like hell over one good season.

IndyRealist
12-08-2011, 01:41 PM
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2011/12/08/SPCO1M9P2L.DTL

Thanks for the link, but it's not the original article that says that he has officially received an offer for 4yr, $60M. Can they even make an official offer if they don't have the cap room right now?

shep33
12-08-2011, 01:41 PM
Nice deal for him yeesh. Gstate is moving in the right direction if they get him. Time to focus on defense

LTBaByyy
12-08-2011, 01:43 PM
Next year he will be stuck there and CP3 will be going to the movies with Melody and Amateur in NYC after their game

Bad move for basketball reasons, good move for $$$ reasons

He wont play good with a team that's not contending

Da Knicks
12-08-2011, 01:43 PM
chandler gonna get paid!

Hellcrooner
12-08-2011, 01:44 PM
ok, now marc gasol is worth at least that much ofr 5 years 75 millions if resigning for Memphis.

On a side note, this seems Warriors trying to entice Paul .

This is gonna end bad for warriors mid term ( or short term if they dotn get paul or paul walks away at seasons end).

haggis
Nice deal for him yeesh. Gstate is moving in the right direction if they get him. Time to focus on defense

Don Nelson just threw up.

GodsSon
WAY too much for him

BrandoCommando
:pray: we get him. Lot's of money though but it has to be done. When was the last time GS had a good defensive big man?

shep33
12-08-2011, 01:45 PM
Next year he will be stuck there and CP3 will be going to the movies with Melody and Amateur in NYC after their game

I don't blame him for one reason though, this is likely his last chance at getting a big contract, cause after this he'll be what 33? Time to earn more money, even though i agree he's getting overpaid bigtime.

BrandoCommando
12-08-2011, 01:46 PM

What's to say for sure that GS won't be contending?

Hellcrooner
12-08-2011, 01:48 PM

Monta ellis and David lee?

Chandlers deffense cant make up for the lack of D of the rest.

Providing they get paul, they will remind me of the 80s nuggets, nice to watch, make playoffs and never acomplish jack.

thekmp211
12-08-2011, 01:50 PM
chandler really helps GS, but he's still being wildly overpaid. crazy. what did the lockout change again?

still, it's a good fit. he really completes that starting five. warriors could have a grizzlies-esque surge this year is jackson hits all the right notes.

thekmp211
12-08-2011, 01:51 PM

Providing they get paul, they will remind me of the 80s nuggets, nice to watch, make playoffs and never acomplish jack.

i think lee would really benefit from playing with chandler. lee is good in his own right, just not on defense.

marj987
12-08-2011, 01:52 PM
That makes no kind of sense, Chandler is not worth that much, **** off Chandler, a ring doesn't make you valuable.

Lloyd Christmas
Chandler is exactly what we need. Even without Paul having a post defender is key if Curry and Monta are our starting guards.

LTBaByyy

Golden State Warriors will NEVEr be a top 4 team, not in the NBA but not even in the West (as long as Lakers, Mavs w/ Cuban, Thunder, Grizzlies, Spurs, and Blazers are around. Shoot even the Clippers)

Y'all are paying that much for a defensive center????

Defensive centers are only highly valued on elite teams, Chandler, Perkins (Celtics), etc.

Y'all will be getting Charlotte Chandler, not Dallas Chandler

Hawkeye15
ok, now marc gasol is worth at least that much ofr 5 years 75 millions if resigning for Memphis.

On a side note, this seems Warriors trying to entice Paul .

This is gonna end bad for warriors mid term ( or short term if they dotn get paul or paul walks away at seasons end).

agreed. They need to just send Curry already, and get Paul to sign longterm, and the Warriors are back in business.

dhopisthename
12-08-2011, 01:53 PM
that is waaaaay to much money for someone who has had like 2 good seasons and gets hurt alot

IAmARanger18
12-08-2011, 01:58 PM
Wow that is a lot of money, now only if they can get Paul to go there with him.

Hawkeye15
12-08-2011, 02:00 PM
I will say, that is a lot of money haha. Amazing what having a good season on a championship team does to your worth...

Monta is beast
12-08-2011, 02:00 PM
Golden State Warriors will NEVEr be a top 4 team, not in the NBA but not even in the West (as long as Lakers, Mavs w/ Cuban, Thunder, Grizzlies, Spurs, and Blazers are around. Shoot even the Clippers)

Defensive centers are only highly valued on elite teams, Chandler, Perkins (Celtics), etc.

Dude the last three days all you have been doing is bashing the Warriors. If you aint got nothing good to say, don't say nothing. The Warriors just got new owners, and from what they have been doing so far, they seem to have some deep pockets. So mix a good market, with good owners, and some good players, why in the hell wont the Warriors be a top 4 team.

LTBaByyy
12-08-2011, 02:02 PM
$15 mil a year for a defensive center is crazy!!!! They are only valued when playing with elite teams

That much money for a middle of the crop team is going to regret it

Marc Gasoline is now going to demand $17 mil a year BC he has offense AND defense

GhostfaceDrilla
12-08-2011, 02:04 PM
Dude the last three days all you have been doing is bashing the Warriors. If you aint got nothing good to say, don't say nothing. The Warriors just got new owners, and from what they have been doing so far, they seem to have some deep pockets. So mix a good market, with good owners, and some good players, why in the hell wont the Warriors be a top 4 team.

Mavs, Lakers, Thunder, Spurs, Blazers and Grizzlies are all better than Warriors with Chandler. Outside of Chandler, no one on that team plays defense. Possible 8th or 7th seed if they get TC.

JerseysFinest
12-08-2011, 02:05 PM
Multiple league executives say the Knicks are now in the lead to land Tyson Chandler, jumping in front of the Warriors.
via Berger

Robbw241
Knicks in lead for Chandler now?

Robbw241
If the deal goes through, the Knicks use amnesty on Chauncey Billups and move Ronny Turiaf to make room for Chandler, sources say.

Berger also

Hawkeye15
12-08-2011, 02:06 PM

You have to realize that part of this offer is enticing Paul to come as well via trade. If the Warriors are smart, they will back off not moving Curry and include him in the deal, and if they get Paul to sign long term, you have a strong team dude.

Paul
Ellis
filler
Lee
Chandler

with Wright, Amundson, and whatever small moves they make on the bench.

If Paul can take a lump of crap to the playoffs, he can lead this team to a top 4 seed.

smith&wesson
12-08-2011, 02:07 PM
golden state is trying to put together a nice little team.

Hellcrooner
12-08-2011, 02:07 PM
You have to realize that part of this offer is enticing Paul to come as well via trade. If the Warriors are smart, they will back off not moving Curry and include him in the deal, and if they get Paul to sign long term, you have a strong team dude.

Paul
Ellis
filler
Lee
Chandler

If Paul can take a lump of crap to the playoffs, he can lead this team to a top 4 seed.

I think N.O makes them eat ARIZA, thats the filler.

As i said, reminds me of the 80s Nuggets.

Good for fun basketball.
More or less competitive.
Playoff fail season after season due to a lack of defense.

Dade County
12-08-2011, 02:08 PM
Some of you guys like this deal NOW, but what about in year 3?

Chandler is going to bank... if he could score just a little, this wouldn't be soooo bad!

I still would like to see Howard & Chandler on the same team (just to see the lock down D)

Gibby23
12-08-2011, 02:08 PM

Paul
Ellis
filler
Lee
Chandler

They could fill that 3 spot if they get Ariza back in the Paul trade:

Paul
Ellis
Ariza
Lee
Chandler

That team can make some noise.

Shmontaine
12-08-2011, 02:09 PM
ben wallace 2.0... good luck to whoever gets him..

gatkins11
12-08-2011, 02:09 PM
Berger says Knicks can give him a four year/$14 mil offer.

LTBaByyy
12-08-2011, 02:10 PM
Knicks now in lead for Chandler??????

Paul
Grant Hill
Melo
Amare
Chandler

R.I.P. NBA!!!!!!!

OMG :speechless:

Hawkeye15
forgot about Ariza

raidersrock99
kings are out if this is the figures haha

Lloyd Christmas
12-08-2011, 02:12 PM

Probably. If Chandler is the missing piece to making the playoffs then it's worth it for us though. 1 playoff appearance in 16 years will do that to a franchise. We will have to overpay a few guys to change our preception in the NBA.

Public Enemy #1
12-08-2011, 02:13 PM

Cool story bro... Blazers in the playoffs this year? Clippers? We'll see about that. Lakers/Mavs/Thunder are locks but its not really as set in stone as you seem to believe. Warriors have one of the best scoring backcourts in the league, Warriors haven't had a legit center in decades.

Dade County
12-08-2011, 02:14 PM
Knicks now in lead for Chandler??????

Paul
Grant Hill
Melo
Amare
Chandler

R.I.P. NBA!!!!!!!

OMG :speechless:

This line up will make them the 2nd best team in the east.... Nice

jmoney85
12-08-2011, 02:15 PM
so i guess cp3 will be playing for the league minimum lmao

meloman1592
12-08-2011, 02:17 PM
http://knickscoop.com/?p=339

Sorry warrior fans!! But i dont want chandler, it takes us out the cp3 race

Public Enemy #1
12-08-2011, 02:19 PM
Mavs, Lakers, Thunder, Spurs, Blazers and Grizzlies are all better than Warriors with Chandler. Outside of Chandler, no one on that team plays defense. Possible 8th or 7th seed if they get TC.

I wonder if anybody on PSD has actually watched a Warriors game... Seriously, Warriors aren't as bad on defense as everyone says they are. Watch a game every now and then... Ellis for example is considered a guy who hacks 30 shot attempts per game and gives no effort on the defensive end which isn't true whatsoever. Watch what he did on the defensive end vs Durant/Joe Johnson/Healthy Brandon Roy... He locked them all down and Dubs won all of those games. Game tapes don't lie. D.Wright isn't a bad defender... Curry and Lee struggle on defense so I'll give you that, but Curry does get a lot of steals; not saying that makes up for his lack of defense. How are the Blazers in the playoff race? Who do they have other than LaMarcus?

Celticsfan2007
12-08-2011, 02:20 PM
I will say, that is a lot of money haha. Amazing what having a good season on a championship team does to your worth...

James Posey anyone?

Sadds The Gr8
12-08-2011, 02:20 PM

ugh...no.

Lloyd Christmas
12-08-2011, 02:23 PM
The Knicks would be great with Chandler.

mavwar53
12-08-2011, 02:24 PM

People said the same thing about dallas, and what was the biggest reason they won? They finally had a big man that made a difference.

mavwar53
12-08-2011, 02:28 PM
I think N.O makes them eat ARIZA, thats the filler.

As i said, reminds me of the 80s Nuggets.

Good for fun basketball.
More or less competitive.
Playoff fail season after season due to a lack of defense.

Funny how people don't understand that the warriors no longer have nellie as their coach and they have serious owners one of which was a part owner of the celtics and he wants to win, and he knows defense is the way to win not just offense.

jmoney85
12-08-2011, 02:30 PM
chandler is a little overrated.... people were giving him away before dallas

FKNRUEHH925
12-08-2011, 02:32 PM
This line up will make them hands down best team in the east.... Nice

Fixed for u..not even a NY fan

Hellcrooner
12-08-2011, 02:32 PM
Funny how people don't understand that the warriors no longer have nellie as their coach and they have serious owners one of which was a part owner of the celtics and he wants to win, and he knows defense is the way to win not just offense.
unfortunantely coaches dont play, so they are no tmaking Ellis or Lee play defense .

The_Jamal
12-08-2011, 02:42 PM
Problem with paying Chandler that kind of money is you kind of already have to have a championship caliber team already in place for him to be worth it. He makes a lot of sense on teams like the Mavs-Heat-Knicks-OKC because he would put those teams over the top and be the difference in a title run. Putting him on a team like the Rockets-Warriors or Kings might make those clubs playoff contenders, but I couldn't see them being serious championship caliber squads. And when you're spending 15mil+ on a player, he better be able to put you into championship contention really damn quick

what54!?
12-08-2011, 02:44 PM
GS really wants chris paul. Good for them