PDA

View Full Version : who is your surprise team?

xxplayerxx23
12-07-2011, 10:35 PM
Just wondering what team or teams do you think will surprise us. My pick is the timberwolves to make a run at the 8 seed in the west and for the east, I pick Bucks to make the playoffs, Who are yours?

Jint.
12-07-2011, 10:47 PM
Kings in the west.

BillyHoyle35
12-07-2011, 10:50 PM
i like the bucks making a low playoff seeding.

Hawkeye15
12-07-2011, 10:51 PM
as a Wolves fan, I can't possibly say its them.

The Bucks resurgence is what I call as the surprise team.

5ass
12-07-2011, 10:53 PM
clippers

heyman321
12-07-2011, 10:53 PM
The Suns make the 8th seed and get into the playoffs. Josh Childress grows out his afro with a little help from rogaine and starts averaging 25 ppg. Gortat will average 18-10 and Nash will dish our 12 assists per.

JerseysFinest
12-07-2011, 10:55 PM
Bobcats. People are sleeping on my man Kemba.

Hunter48MVP
12-07-2011, 10:56 PM
Clippers

ombada
12-07-2011, 10:57 PM
Pacers....4/5 seed? yes, im a homer :)

PhillyStandUp
12-07-2011, 10:57 PM
Sixers will be top 4 seed in the East.

Hawkeye15
12-07-2011, 10:59 PM

If D12 gets moved, and they keep Iggy another year, I can actually see this happening, as long as Jrue and Thaddeus make the improvements I expect them too, and Brand has another solid year. Turner producing like a top 5 pick would be nice too.

JerseysFinest
12-07-2011, 10:59 PM

NY, Chicago, Miami, and Boston are smirking right now

NBA_Starter
12-07-2011, 11:02 PM
Bucks

Dolfan305
12-07-2011, 11:04 PM
Sixers getting a 4-5 seed

unleashthebeast
Wizards will make the playoffs. Wall will only get better, and same goes for Mcgee. Young Crawford and Vesely are some nice young wings, and if they could get a good PF (milsap?) they would be pretty good. And this is from a non fan who watches a lot of their games, Blatche is not good. He thinks he is a great offensive player when he really is just a chucker, so they need to upgrade that position for them to be a legit team

kozelkid
I want to say LAC, but I don't think they're much of a surprise anymore...

I'll go Min, I guess, even with their horrific defense.

ChaseHamels
Are they? Or are a few dozen guys on a sports forum smirking?

seikou8
12-07-2011, 11:08 PM
knicks are number 1 seed in the east jk but people are sleeping on them alittle bit

lavilevi23
12-07-2011, 11:11 PM
East- Pacers
West- Clippers

TylerSL
12-07-2011, 11:40 PM
Kings and Clippers for me. Clippers will be like a 35 win team, and the Kings will be like a 40 win team IMO.

njnets
12-07-2011, 11:41 PM
wolves make it into the playoffs.

BranWingss
12-08-2011, 01:14 AM
Indiana. Hibbert and Collison are still getting better, and George is a nice addition. Add in the fact that they're rumored to be going after David West, Nene, and Tyson Chandler.

MrfadeawayJB
12-08-2011, 01:20 AM
I think the Warriors and Wizards will surprise people this year

PacersForLife
12-08-2011, 01:25 AM

Sorry, but I don't see how they could make any moves to get better unless you think the team they have now will just increase in talent that much.
Everybody can keep sleeping on my Pacers, but you'll be eating you're words by the end of the season. :eyebrow:

PacersForLife
12-08-2011, 01:26 AM
East- Pacers
West- Clippers

Indiana. Hibbert and Collison are still getting better, and George is a nice addition. Add in the fact that they're rumored to be going after David West, Nene, and Tyson Chandler.

:clap: Glad some people know what's up.
By the way we haven't been rumored to be interested to be interested in Chandler, but everything else is right.

Cal827
12-08-2011, 01:33 AM
Indiana in the East... I see them jumping to 5th while Atlanta/Orlando tail off.. Possibly Milwaukee assuming that Jax helps with Jennings and his chucking abilities.

West: Lakers. I don't see them past the first round this year for some odd reason. The talent below them last year was getting better and more balanced (Memphis, OKC), I see the Clippers getting Paul before the season starts and being a possible upset team for them, and I'm just not 100% on Brown being able to control morale (E.g. Bynum). I guess we will see.

Avenged
12-08-2011, 01:37 AM
I think Clippers make the playoffs this season.

iam brett favre
12-08-2011, 02:17 AM
Raptors. #3 seed.

waveycrockett
12-08-2011, 02:19 AM
Pacers and Wizards. Vogel is a helluva coach and John Wall is going to take it to a whole 'notha level you heard.

LTBaByyy
12-08-2011, 02:22 AM
Kings.

Thats if Tyreke is healthy and back to his ROY days

deaner
12-08-2011, 02:31 AM
Raptors. #3 seed.

for the draft

Cal827
12-08-2011, 02:35 AM
Raptors. #3 seed.

:laugh2:

I'm higher than a Kite on Mount Everest right now, but even so, this seems like a stretch.

BudGrant
12-08-2011, 03:03 AM
^ I think most people on these forums are high. Including myself.

abe_froman
12-08-2011, 03:05 AM
kings-people forget that evans was good before injury.plus i like a good number of the players they have

waveycrockett
12-08-2011, 06:27 AM
Hornets AND MAGIC are stupid. They are going to be hanging on to guys who will be leaving eventually and instead of tanking for the best possible pick in a stacked draft they will take their time kidding themselves they have a shot at resigning these guys then stuck with a fringe lottery pick

PennyMy#1
12-08-2011, 09:40 AM
The Hawks.

Mishmin
12-08-2011, 10:06 AM
Blazers.

I think they'll make a push forward to elite next year, especially if they hold onto Roy for leadership. Scary starting 5: Felton, Matthews, Wallace, Aldridge, Camby

gatkins11
12-08-2011, 10:12 AM
Blazers.

I think they'll make a push forward to elite next year, especially if they hold onto Roy for leadership. Scary starting 5: Felton, Matthews, Wallace, Aldridge, Camby

Imagine if Roy got healthy and stayed healthy.

theheatles
12-08-2011, 10:33 AM
Bobcats. People are sleeping on my man Kemba.

i think kemba will average 20 ppg but his team may only win 12 games

Rain 816
12-08-2011, 10:35 AM
West Conf..
Clippers get 5th or 6th seed
Warriors get 7th or 8th....

East
i really dont see any shockers n the east

latinofire21
12-08-2011, 10:37 AM
Sleeper Teams

WEST

KINGS - Kings are a darkhorse. Got a lot of hot heads on that team but if they pull it all together they can do something pretty special this year.
TIMBERWOLVES - The next Thunder. Rebuilt through the draft and are ready to show the league what they have. I am very excited to see the Rubio show.

EAST
BUCKS - If Bogut can stay healthy they will be a serious problem in the East.
NETS - They will make a splash in free agency. Look to see 4 teams from the Atlantic Division in the playoffs this season.
PACERS - If they manage to keep all their free agents and add Jamal Crawford and Marc Gasol like they are trying to do, I can see them being a top 4 seed.

YoungOne
12-08-2011, 10:53 AM
grizzlies getting HCA if they retain M. Gasol

Brooklyn Mets
12-08-2011, 11:02 AM
i would say Pacers if you can consider them a surprise even though they made the playoffs last year.. same goes for Philly..
Kings IMO will surprise some people this year.. they have some talented young kids over there..

mightybosstone
12-08-2011, 11:48 AM
It depends on your definition of "surprise team," but I see the Blazers ending up with a top 3 seed and a spot in the WCF this season with the Thunder. I don't think Milwaukee is that much of a stretch to make the playoffs since they were only three games out last season, but I legitimately think Cleveland will surprise people. I'm not as high on Kyrie Irving, but I love Tristan Thompson and I wouldn't be shocked to see Cleveland win 25-30 games next year and end up somewhere in the 8-10 range in the East.

Jay
12-08-2011, 11:50 AM
The Clips are really building something there. They're the easy choice.

mightybosstone
12-08-2011, 11:56 AM
I feel like the Clippers and Wizards, because of Griffin and Wall, are almost too easy to pick here or I would have said them. How can you be a surprise team if everyone is expecting you to surprise them? If you know about a surprise birthday party, is it still a surprise?

CousinsEvansDUO
12-08-2011, 12:15 PM
I feel like the Clippers and Wizards, because of Griffin and Wall, are almost too easy to pick here or I would have said them. How can you be a surprise team if everyone is expecting you to surprise them? If you know about a surprise birthday party, is it still a surprise?

In some cases it is still a surprise. Because in this situation we are looking at the majority. Will the majority of the casual nba fans be surprised? I think so. The Kings along with their 'injury prone tyreke', 'Mr foul trouble DMC' , 'fluke year thornton' and 'never amount to anything freddette' will grab the nba by its throat and win the tittle this season.

Hawkeye15
12-08-2011, 12:27 PM
In some cases it is still a surprise. Because in this situation we are looking at the majority. Will the majority of the casual nba fans be surprised? I think so. The Kings along with their 'injury prone tyreke', 'Mr foul trouble DMC' , 'fluke year thornton' and 'never amount to anything freddette' will grab the nba by its throat and win the tittle this season.

I have never put another users post in my sig, this one is tempting me.

Cal827
12-08-2011, 01:23 PM

Another Classic.

ombada
12-08-2011, 01:45 PM
It depends on your definition of "surprise team," but I see the Blazers ending up with a top 3 seed and a spot in the WCF this season with the Thunder. I don't think Milwaukee is that much of a stretch to make the playoffs since they were only three games out last season, but I legitimately think Cleveland will surprise people. I'm not as high on Kyrie Irving, but I love Tristan Thompson and I wouldn't be shocked to see Cleveland win 25-30 games next year and end up somewhere in the 8-10 range in the East.

they would probably need at least 35-40 games to grab 8th and that is on the low end. The east will be much more competitive this year.

ChitownSports16
12-08-2011, 01:48 PM
Seems to me like the Bucks are always that "surprise" team... :shrug:

Spencesc11
12-08-2011, 02:11 PM
The Portland Trailblazers to win the West.

3 guard rotation of Roy, Mathews, and Felton
2 solid small forwards - Wallace and Batum
2 great bigs if Oden is healthy (Oden and Aldridge)

all the pieces and great coaching (Nate McMillian)

they will be a top 3 seed and go to the Finals, write that down!!!

For the East I got

the Atlanta Hawks

great talent and if they get McGrady to be their "6th" man they might go to the East finals against Miami.

Teague is ready for a breakout season and has a solid backup in Hinrich
Joe Johnson is a stud.

The Front line of Williams, Smith, and Horford will finally start to dominate.

Boston is old, New York still has holes, Chicago still needs a 2 guard, and Orlando is a mess. The #2 spot in the East is up for grabs and I believe this club could snag it!!!!

Iodine
12-08-2011, 02:15 PM

As someone who likes the kings

Go Bud Dwyer yourself please

The_Jamal
12-08-2011, 02:49 PM
lolz at the other Kings Homer

But I do feel the Kings can be a surprise team and be right there at the end of the year competing for the 8th seed. There's about 6 teams in the West who are locks and a lot of other meh squads that can over or underacheive. I have no doubt DeMarcus and Tyreke can both make huge strides this season and make our team really damn competitive. Add in Thornton (who is a near lock to resign), Hayes, Jimmer, Hickson, and Thompson and there's more than enough to compete for an 8th seed

The_Jamal
12-08-2011, 02:54 PM

My question is how Wall can be a breakout candidate when his rookie year was a lot worse than Tyreke's Rookie year and even his injury-plagued 2nd year? Sure, he has tremendous potential, but i feel like he's getting way more credit than he deserves after a pretty terrible rookie season.

Sadds The Gr8
12-08-2011, 02:57 PM

If crack in Sac-town is strong enough to make ppl say stupid **** like this, anyone who gets caught selling it should get the death penalty.

Cal827
12-08-2011, 02:58 PM
If crack in Sac-town is strong enough to make ppl say stupid **** like this, anyone who gets caught selling it should get the death penalty.

:laugh: