dhopisthename
12-07-2011, 05:51 PM
wow

Chill_Will_24
12-07-2011, 05:51 PM
I thought they cant sign yet

LTBaByyy
12-07-2011, 05:53 PM
Don't they have Hickson, Cousins, Thompson, and Whiteside ?????

That's a great 3 man rotation plus a young guy with potential. Why would they invest that much and do that?!?!? Lol

First Salmons now Hayes, questionable moves

dhopisthename
12-07-2011, 05:53 PM
well it seems dalembert isn't going back to the kings

GodsSon
12-07-2011, 05:54 PM
Don't they have Hickson, Cousins, and Thompson ?????

That's a great 3 man rotation why would they do that?!?!? Lol

First Salmons now Hayes, questionable moves

They also have Hassan Whiteside.

I guess Hayes can serve as the local hero.

Hawkeye15
12-07-2011, 05:56 PM
Hayes will be used to teach those youngsters how to prepare properly and play defense. That isn't a big deal money wise, I like the signing for the Kings.

GodsSon
12-07-2011, 05:58 PM
Hayes will be used to teach those youngsters how to prepare properly and play defense. That isn't a big deal money wise, I like the signing for the Kings.

IF the figures are correct, they might have just overpaid in order to reach the salary cap floor.

DoMeFavors
12-07-2011, 05:59 PM
Pretty good signing, Kings arent going to be making the playoffs but it should be fun to watch the young guys develop.

iliketurtles24
12-07-2011, 06:02 PM
wait adleman isnt coaching the kings, he with the wolves. you signed with the wrong team

Rockice_8
12-07-2011, 06:07 PM
I thought they cant sign yet

That's what I thought.

The_Jamal
12-07-2011, 06:07 PM
Love the signing. 5 mil for a flat out banger on the defensive end who can provide value at the 4 and 5. Sign me up

Htownballa1622
12-07-2011, 06:08 PM
I just died a Lil inside. At five mill though that's alot and I wish him the best.

Edit. Not alot but too much for the Rockets liking.

RevisIsland
12-07-2011, 06:09 PM
Bye bye dalembert.

Hawkeye15
12-07-2011, 06:09 PM
I just died a Lil inside. At five mill though that's alot and I wish him the best.

now you have to change your sig dude. :)

Chronz
12-07-2011, 06:13 PM
Damn good signing, he was in some ways the Rockets MVP.

sep11ie
12-07-2011, 06:13 PM
Damn, sad day. No Battier, no Hayes, who will Clyde and Bull say "he just does the little things" about anymore?

Htownballa1622
12-07-2011, 06:14 PM
now you have to change your sig dude. :)

Lol. Finally huh.haha. I probably will Friday.

Well at least chuck will get paid. He deserves it.

Wouldn't it be if Houston now gets Sammy D

lavilevi23
12-07-2011, 06:15 PM
it must mean Dalembert is signing with the Rockets

OA SLAY
12-07-2011, 06:16 PM
I like it, seems we have a new horse in the MVP race:)
Looks like Thompson will soon find his way outta Sactown... NYK has already made him a welcome mat!

Iodine
12-07-2011, 06:18 PM
That's Reggie Evans money!

But the fact they needed to hit the salary floor and find a guy to help enforce+teach boogie was probz as important as what he will do game in game out

DerekRE_3
12-07-2011, 06:18 PM

Now that the move is Chronz approved I feel good about it. Hayes is a not cal product too.

The_Jamal
12-07-2011, 06:19 PM
Didn't want Dally back anyway. He tried playing too large of a role in the offense and ****ed up our offense most of the time.

The_Jamal
12-07-2011, 06:20 PM
We still need to drop another 13mil or so just to hit the salary floor too

Catfish1314
12-07-2011, 06:20 PM
There's the glue guy we needed. Now Evans has to stay healthy, Cousins has to pan out, and the team needs to learn how to play defense. Then we'll be good again.

Htownballa1622
12-07-2011, 06:21 PM
Damn, sad day. No Battier, no Hayes, who will Clyde and Bull say "he just does the little things" about anymore?

I guess Kyle. Man this Rockets team is slowly changing.hopefully for the better

Infamous916
12-07-2011, 06:25 PM
Well im stoked for this signing as a kings fan!

Hawkeye15
12-07-2011, 06:27 PM

I was so hoping the Wolves would sign him. He is a glue guy who can defend 2 positions, and he has even learned how to make layups haha.

mightybosstone
12-07-2011, 06:40 PM
And every Houstonian just died a little bit on the inside. It's rare to make a connection with a player the way the city of Houston did with the Chuckwagon, but I feel like I just lost a piece of myself.... :cry:

Punk
12-07-2011, 07:02 PM
Wow. I'm shocked, I know he rejected us but he didn't really get more money just more years on his deal.

I'm not sure what Sac-Town is doing with Cousins, Hickson, Hayes, Cousins, Whiteside, Thompson.

DerekRE_3
12-07-2011, 07:09 PM
Wow. I'm shocked, I know he rejected us but he didn't really get more money just more years on his deal.

I'm not sure what Sac-Town is doing with Cousins, Hickson, Hayes, Cousins, Whiteside, Thompson.

I don't either. I'm not sure why they decided to clone Cousins either. I think it's so when Cousins fouls out or gets ejected they can put Cousins in for him.

JerseysFinest
12-07-2011, 07:11 PM
does this mean Sammy D isn't coming back?

DerekRE_3
12-07-2011, 07:14 PM
he wanted 10 mil a year. That wasn't gonna happen. I'd think he's gone, so no more of his pathetically low basketball IQ:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKsf45y7HaA

Da Knicks
12-07-2011, 07:14 PM
I don't either. I'm not sure why they decided to clone Cousins either. I think it's so when Cousins fouls out or gets ejected they can put Cousins in for him.

lol, funny stuff i like your sig too Aldon Smith is a beast!

Sactown
12-07-2011, 07:15 PM
Well this is going to make our rotations offly interesting... Looks like we'll be trading a PF at the deadline, it'll be a race between Thompson and Hickson

Sactown
12-07-2011, 07:16 PM
he wanted 10 mil a year. That wasn't gonna happen. I'd think he's gone, so no more of his pathetically low basketball IQ:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKsf45y7HaA

I'm starting to think you have this link memorized...

DerekRE_3
lol, funny stuff i like your sig too Aldon Smith is a beast!

Words can't describe my loff for Mr. Smith. All the Smiths on the Niners really.

beasted86
Seems like Chuck Hayes and Samuel Dalembert are swapping teams.

DerekRE_3
12-07-2011, 07:17 PM
I'm starting to think you have this link memorized...

Probably. I just can't not think of that play when I think of Sammy D. The only thing that compares to that play is Ronnie Brown:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZpeRn2TbL8

mightybosstone
12-07-2011, 07:23 PM
The worst part about this signing is that I hoped with Houston likely getting Dalembert instead of Chandler or Nene, they would still have enough money leftover for $4-5 million a year for Hayes. But now it looks like they'll end up with Dalembert, but no Chuckwagon. Part of me would almost rather have Hayes back instead...

The_Jamal
12-07-2011, 08:13 PM
Whoever gets Dally is going to be severely disappointed. He's a great guy to have at 6-7 mil, but he's likely going to get 10 mil+ without making near the impact of Gasol, Chandler or Nene

The_Jamal
12-07-2011, 08:16 PM

Well, Whiteside likely won't ever amount to anything as he's getting his *** handed to him the the D-league. And Thompson+Hickson was always going to be a battle of who ended up playing better and then trade the other. Hayes is a perfect 3rd big who can be very effective in 20-25 minutes

So call me a happy camper

mightybosstone
12-07-2011, 08:29 PM
Whoever gets Dally is going to be severely disappointed. He's a great guy to have at 6-7 mil, but he's likely going to get 10 mil+ without making near the impact of Gasol, Chandler or Nene

I think it will end up being Houston, but I'm really, really hoping it's a one-year deal. That would mean a ton of the Rockets cap space would open up in 2012. I think it would help the Rockets be competitive this season, while keeping their options open and not crippling them cap-wise for a 30-year-old, average player with no upside.

TheNumber37
12-07-2011, 08:31 PM
players can't til Friday so... bogus.

ackar
12-07-2011, 08:34 PM
ah the lockout is over let the bad signings begin...who were they competing against too much for what he does. there is no CBA that can save the owners and their henchmen from themselves. Now if they gave out this contract because they need to reach the floor of the Cap fine but it will bite them in their hind parts later on.

The_Jamal
12-07-2011, 08:34 PM
I think it will end up being Houston, but I'm really, really hoping it's a one-year deal. That would mean a ton of the Rockets cap space would open up in 2012. I think it would help the Rockets be competitive this season, while keeping their options open and not crippling them cap-wise for a 30-year-old, average player with no upside.

I highly doubt he'll sign for a 1 year deal. He's looking to get one last big contract, especially coming off a solid year. There will be some team out there who will offer him a multi year deal at 10mil+

Swashcuff
12-07-2011, 08:44 PM
Good for the Kings bad for Hayes IMO. Would have loved to have seen him on a contender.

lavilevi23
12-07-2011, 08:45 PM
I hope now that Houston will get either Chandler or Nene and then Dalembert will sign with the Heat!

mightybosstone
12-07-2011, 08:46 PM
ah the lockout is over let the bad signings begin...who were they competing against too much for what he does. there is no CBA that can save the owners and their henchmen from themselves. Now if they gave out this contract because they need to reach the floor of the Cap fine but it will bite them in their hind parts later on.

This is just wrong. Chuck Hayes is an unbelievable third big to have on a team and is easily worth $5 million a year, IMO. He would be an improvement at starting PF for at least 10 teams in the league and would be an excellent 6th man for a contender.

I think $5 million a year is the most he could have hoped for, but I'd be willing to bet there were a few teams willing to match that, although perhaps not for a full four years.

Htownballa1622
12-07-2011, 08:56 PM
I hope now that Houston will get either Chandler or Nene and then Dalembert will sign with the Heat!

I hope you're right because I don't want dalembert impressed its for under 10 mill

FarOutIos
12-07-2011, 09:13 PM
Pretty good signing, Kings arent going to be making the playoffs but it should be fun to watch the young guys develop.

Wow...already counting off the kings? With Tyreke, Cousins, Hickson, Hayes, Thompson, Salmons, Jimmer... and maybe Thornton... why are you so sure?

Just curious?...

jiggin
12-07-2011, 09:20 PM
FA isn't even open yet, how can he have signed?

Jay22Redd
12-07-2011, 11:42 PM
Hate to see the Chuckwagon go but good luck to him if this is true.

McPeak92
12-07-2011, 11:54 PM
Yet to see this from a reliable source. Just see on espn.com that the contract was offered.

mightybosstone
12-07-2011, 11:54 PM
Wow...already counting off the kings? With Tyreke, Cousins, Hickson, Hayes, Thompson, Salmons, Jimmer... and maybe Thornton... why are you so sure?

Just curious?...

I love Chuck Hayes with a passion. And there is still no way in hell the Kings make the playoffs next year. They were the second worst team in the Western Conference last season and haven't show any reason why they would improve enough to sniff .500, much less make the playoffs.

You tell me... Even assuming the Hornets move Chris Paul and he goes to the Eastern Conference, and not the Clippers or Warriors (unlikely, IMO). Which of the following teams do you think the Kings are legitimately better than:
Spurs, Lakers, Mavericks, Thunder, Blazers, Grizzlies, Rockets, Suns, Warriors, Clippers

I'll give you the Nuggets (because they've lost so many players), the Wolves (because they're about on the same level as the Kings) and the Jazz (mostly because I hate them), but I honestly don't think they're better than any of the above teams.

The_Jamal
12-07-2011, 11:57 PM
I love Chuck Hayes with a passion. And there is still no way in hell the Kings make the playoffs next year. They were the second worst team in the Western Conference last season and haven't show any reason why they would improve enough to sniff .500, much less make the playoffs.

You tell me... Even assuming the Hornets move Chris Paul and he goes to the Eastern Conference, and not the Clippers or Warriors (unlikely, IMO). Which of the following teams do you think the Kings are legitimately better than:
Spurs, Lakers, Mavericks, Thunder, Blazers, Grizzlies, Rockets, Suns, Warriors, Clippers

I'll give you the Nuggets (because they've lost so many players), the Wolves (because they're about on the same level as the Kings) and the Jazz (mostly because I hate them), but I honestly don't think they're better than any of the above teams.

Depends on if we retain Thornton and how much Tyreke and DeMarcus progress. But yes, an outside shot at the playoffs certainly is possible

mightybosstone
12-08-2011, 12:01 AM
Depends on if we retain Thornton and how much Tyreke and DeMarcus progress. But yes, an outside shot at the playoffs certainly is possible

Okay, buddy... then you tell me, which of those teams do you see the Kings being legitimately better than over a 66-game season?

The_Jamal
12-08-2011, 12:05 AM
Okay, buddy... then you tell me, which of those teams do you see the Kings being legitimately better than over a 66-game season?

I just told you what i thought lolz. It depends on if we keep Thornton and how much Tyreke and DeMarcus progress together as a duo.

avrpatsfan
12-08-2011, 12:15 AM
This contract coming off of the owners complaining about players salaries for months on end... not that this is a terrible contract, but a 4 year contract for a meh player is bad in my book.

MrfadeawayJB
12-08-2011, 12:19 AM
Congrats on the payday Chuck Hayes!!!

CityofTreez
12-08-2011, 12:21 AM
Chuck Hayes is finally Back!

Love the signing.

Chronz
12-08-2011, 12:40 AM

66 games does favor the young

Cousins has potential to make a decent leap, not sold on Tyreke being as good as his stats suggest just yet but hes definitely going to play much better than he did last year. I doubt they make the playoffs but I can see them surpassing a few teams.

CityofTreez
12-08-2011, 12:52 AM
I agree.

I think with a shortened season, it actually increases the teams with (lesser of a chance) to make the playoffs actually seem reasonable. I don't think we'll make the playoffs, but our chances and other young teams chances are greater than a full regular season.

mightybosstone
12-08-2011, 12:59 AM
Hmm... It doesn't and it doesn't. It benefits in terms of health and preventing injuries, but I'd still rather have a veteran, experienced team considering there's such a short training camp and they've been in the league a little longer.

Cousins has potential to make a decent leap, not sold on Tyreke being as good as his stats suggest just yet but hes definitely going to play much better than he did last year. I doubt they make the playoffs but I can see them surpassing a few teams.
I can see them finishing with something like 25-30 wins in the 10th-12th place range, which would certainly be an upgrade from last season. The Nuggets and Hornets will almost certainly drop off.

DerekRE_3
12-08-2011, 01:10 AM

Good news is Tyreke should be 100% healthy finally. Obviously he needs to work on his jump shot and decision making. Having Thornton helped last year, they need to keep him. Chuck Hayes is a good glue guy who actually plays within his own skill set. Basically he's the anti Sam Dalembert. He has a brain. The Kings don't have many of those guys.

Jimmer will be a defensive liability, but at the very least I see him spreading the floor. I do think he will show some play making ability though. Salmons is solid, but he has a tendency to dribble too much (like Tyreke). Should be interesting to see how that plays out. His defense is solid and he has improved his range the past few seasons.

I'm most excited to see Cousins. He has the highest ceiling of anyone on the team. You can't teach a lot of what he has (soft hands, feet, vision, coordination).

ackar
12-08-2011, 01:24 AM
This contract coming off of the owners complaining about players salaries for months on end... not that this is a terrible contract, but a 4 year contract for a meh player is bad in my book.
This

ackar
12-08-2011, 01:25 AM
This is just wrong. Chuck Hayes is an unbelievable third big to have on a team and is easily worth $5 million a year, IMO. He would be an improvement at starting PF for at least 10 teams in the league and would be an excellent 6th man for a contender.

I think $5 million a year is the most he could have hoped for, but I'd be willing to bet there were a few teams willing to match that, although perhaps not for a full four years.

So you agree!

sep11ie
12-08-2011, 01:33 AM
Anybody questioning Chuck Hayes being worth 5 million a year has never seen him play. Many bigs have said trying to back him down is like trying to move a tree stump, he has quick hands, positions himself perfectly, passes like a PG, and improved his offense ten fold this last year. There's no way he won't end up being the 1st big off the bench for them this year.

Sactown
12-08-2011, 01:41 AM
This

It's such a small contract it would be easy to move... and he's a good player and easily worth the money.

Chronz
12-08-2011, 01:46 AM
Hmm... It doesn't and it doesn't. It benefits in terms of health and preventing injuries, but I'd still rather have a veteran, experienced team considering there's such a short training camp and they've been in the league a little longer.
Not just preventing injury but sustaining their level of play. Older veteran teams cant handle the 6 games in 10 days as well. Depth will really matter this year too.

billy17
12-08-2011, 02:07 AM
People that dont see the Kings' potential, dont watch their games on a regular basis.

They had moments last year where they looked like the Kings of the early 2000's. Only now theyre playing some defense. So look beyond the record, they have a lot of young talent.

Theyve added a couple solid veteran pieces in Salmon and now Hayes, and my sleeper, Asst coach Keith Smart!

goldenstater
12-08-2011, 02:10 AM
makes sense. he goes home and they get a very good defensive verteran to help out their young core.

The_Jamal
12-08-2011, 02:14 AM
Anybody questioning Chuck Hayes being worth 5 million a year has never seen him play. Many bigs have said trying to back him down is like trying to move a tree stump, he has quick hands, positions himself perfectly, passes like a PG, and improved his offense ten fold this last year. There's no way he won't end up being the 1st big off the bench for them this year.

Agreed. Hell, he might start at the 4 if Hickson and/or thompson don't prove anything

DerekRE_3
12-08-2011, 02:42 AM

I want him to start next to DeMarcus.

Antipod
12-08-2011, 02:48 AM
Solid addition ... god price/quality ratio.
Also, this means Samuel L is out ... Miami bound?

Chronz
12-08-2011, 03:15 AM
Yea I was going to say, why wouldnt he start? He provides better balance and the other big off the bench can help the 2nd unit offensively.

raidersrock99
12-08-2011, 03:32 AM
this might mean jason thompson could be getting the amnesty clause

rhino17
12-08-2011, 03:36 AM
Chuck is my favorite player on the Rockets, I am devastated

Sactown
12-08-2011, 03:40 AM

Why? his salary is really low, we'd be better of trading him, although he's an effective 5 so I think he'll be playing a lot of that this season

DerekRE_3
12-08-2011, 03:53 AM

I don't even know what to say to that. No.

sep11ie
12-08-2011, 10:36 AM
I want him to start next to DeMarcus.

With the way his offensive game progressed this season and with his D, he'd be great next to Cousins.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
12-08-2011, 10:56 AM
Excellent signing! Wish the Bucks had him!

raidersrock99
12-08-2011, 02:22 PM
I don't even know what to say to that. No.

Why? his salary is really low, we'd be better of trading him, although he's an effective 5 so I think he'll be playing a lot of that this season

i was actually being sarcastic lol, becaue everybdoy is saying we have to many bigs, however we are going to be playing 5 to 6 games a week and need bodys

The_Jamal
12-08-2011, 02:35 PM
With the way his offensive game progressed this season and with his D, he'd be great next to Cousins.

I love the idea of other teams trying to move the 6'10 270 Cousins or the 6'6 250 bodies of Hayes off the low block.

Sadds The Gr8
12-08-2011, 02:53 PM

Is Jason Thompson really that terrible? he seemed like a pretty good player his first 2 seasons. I thought he was part of the future until last year when they benched him...

The_Jamal
12-08-2011, 03:07 PM
Is Jason Thompson really that terrible? he seemed like a pretty good player his first 2 seasons. I thought he was part of the future until last year when they benched him...

He's not terrible at all. He's a fringe starter who can provide value at the 4 and 5 and is a monster rebounder, plays hard all the time (sometimes too much)+ he has a pretty solid mid range game. If he could ever get his head on straight and play under control, he has the ability to easily be a 17-10 guy a night. Unfortunately, his basketball IQ has yet to progress so he's better suited to come off the bench in a 20-25 min role of all out hustle-energy rebounder