PDA

View Full Version : Sauer has a concussion

jetsfan89
12-07-2011, 03:06 PM
Torts on Sauer: "Diagnosed with a concussion, I don't know what grade. He's day to day.

http://twitter.com/#!/AGrossRecord/status/144486534144471040

That's not good...

dashripdot
12-07-2011, 03:26 PM
Hope MDZ won't miss any time, because that would mean Eminger and Woywitka are the second pair.

nyanks79
12-07-2011, 04:00 PM
Hope MDZ won't miss any time, because that would mean Eminger and Woywitka are the second pair.

MDZ practiced with Eminger today. Stalman and Woywitka were the last pair. It didnt seem like they were completely ruling out Sauer but thats probably just optimism.

Rangers in 7
12-07-2011, 04:02 PM
great........

J4KOP99
12-07-2011, 04:02 PM
He's lucky that's all he got from that monster hit. If he would have been hit any harder his head would have completely detached from his body.

bsi
12-07-2011, 05:03 PM
Well this is what I've been semi ranting about, we are gonna go with Girardi, McDonagh..DelZotto Eminger..Stralman and Woywitka now eh....where's that depth at D everyone was talking about? I realize McIlrath and Erixon are down the road but really we aren't as deep as everyone thought, I mean our third pairing didn't instil any faith from the coaching staff as they've been used sparingly, and now one half of that pairing is gonna be part of our second pairing and the other half of that pairing is a guy who's not even 100% IMO. We could possibly be heading for a tailspin with this group of D we have here, and there's no real need of it, we should have had a better third pairing starting the year than Woywitka and Eminger, the Rangers knew Staal wasn't coming back. I think it's time to start looking for a decent D man for this team for some depth we can use.

Garden Faithful
12-07-2011, 06:24 PM
Well this is what I've been semi ranting about, we are gonna go with Girardi, McDonagh..DelZotto Eminger..Stralman and Woywitka now eh....where's that depth at D everyone was talking about? I realize McIlrath and Erixon are down the road but really we aren't as deep as everyone thought, I mean our third pairing didn't instil any faith from the coaching staff as they've been used sparingly, and now one half of that pairing is gonna be part of our second pairing and the other half of that pairing is a guy who's not even 100% IMO. We could possibly be heading for a tailspin with this group of D we have here, and there's no real need of it, we should have had a better third pairing starting the year than Woywitka and Eminger, the Rangers knew Staal wasn't coming back. I think it's time to start looking for a decent D man for this team for some depth we can use.

I'm not sure what you are complaining about we lost 2 of our top 4 d-men and we still have an ok defense. There's no team in the league that loses 2 of their top 4 d-men and have nearly the same defense. Woywitka and Eminger for the record have been a very good 3rd defensive pairing so you can't complain about them. Honestly the definition or how I view depth is if someone is out how the other players fit in. As of late we have been playing fairly well with our best defensemen out so I don't know why you're complaining about depth. If you can find a good d-man that's fine but it shouldn't be panic time yet.

J4KOP99
12-07-2011, 06:39 PM
Dubinsky for Suter

fingerbang
12-07-2011, 07:29 PM
I'll give them a lot more than Brandon Dubinsky for Ryan Suter.

IAmARanger18
12-07-2011, 10:44 PM
Looks like we will be seeing more of Stralman, so maybe our PP will get some life now!

bsi
12-07-2011, 11:07 PM
I'm not sure what you are complaining about we lost 2 of our top 4 d-men and we still have an ok defense. There's no team in the league that loses 2 of their top 4 d-men and have nearly the same defense. Woywitka and Eminger for the record have been a very good 3rd defensive pairing so you can't complain about them. Honestly the definition or how I view depth is if someone is out how the other players fit in. As of late we have been playing fairly well with our best defensemen out so I don't know why you're complaining about depth. If you can find a good d-man that's fine but it shouldn't be panic time yet.

Well Woywitka and Eminger have played so little I didn't notice, the fact that our coach won't play them leaves me a little nervous about the fact that one of them is gonna be in our top four. Yes our best D is out, but our organization knew we'd be without him and did nothing to add to our D. That is why I'm complaining, because we had this supposed "depth" at D. The only reason we're winning games is because Girardi and McDonagh have carried the D, with help from Sauer and DelZotto. No team in the league plays one D more than the Rangers play Girardi. So now what? Our 2nd pairing consists of a less than healthy DelZotto who is playing better defensively this year but isn't really a great defensive player and a guy who the coach wouldn't play more than a handful of shifts a game so now what happens, does Girardi go from 27 mins a game to 40 mins a game? I guess I'm not complaining so much as I'm throwing a little "I told ya so" out there. Everyone was telling me that Valentenko was a good D man, I said he wasn't and everyone jumped on me about it. If he can't make this squad of fill ins then he'll never make this club.

Rangers in 7
12-08-2011, 01:10 AM
eminger is alright.....woywitka is horrible

IAmARanger18
12-08-2011, 01:14 AM
Woywitka isn't that bad, and with Erixon hurt in the minors, he will have to do for now. Unless we bring up Bell, but he isn't that good either.

daviek
12-08-2011, 12:03 PM
He's lucky that's all he got from that monster hit. If he would have been hit any harder his head would have completely detached from his body.

I am pissed that no one took offense to the hit by Phaneuf. Albeit a "clean" hit, someone should have gone after him. The only guy who tried to do anything was Derek Stepan who tried to put him through the boards. Not even his arch-enemy Sean Avery tried to protect their teammate.

Garden Faithful
12-08-2011, 12:41 PM
Well Woywitka and Eminger have played so little I didn't notice, the fact that our coach won't play them leaves me a little nervous about the fact that one of them is gonna be in our top four. Yes our best D is out, but our organization knew we'd be without him and did nothing to add to our D. That is why I'm complaining, because we had this supposed "depth" at D. The only reason we're winning games is because Girardi and McDonagh have carried the D, with help from Sauer and DelZotto. No team in the league plays one D more than the Rangers play Girardi. So now what? Our 2nd pairing consists of a less than healthy DelZotto who is playing better defensively this year but isn't really a great defensive player and a guy who the coach wouldn't play more than a handful of shifts a game so now what happens, does Girardi go from 27 mins a game to 40 mins a game? I guess I'm not complaining so much as I'm throwing a little "I told ya so" out there. Everyone was telling me that Valentenko was a good D man, I said he wasn't and everyone jumped on me about it. If he can't make this squad of fill ins then he'll never make this club.

I'm not arguing that it is an issue I'm merely suggesting that although it seems like our depth is not very far there are very few if any teams in the league that lose 2 of their top 4 d-men and are able to recover. Aside from the fact that I'm not sure who they would sign and how they would have fit in our cap if you're going to trade for a good d-man you are going to have to lose something it's not just get a defenseman no big deal.

averymustgo
12-09-2011, 06:55 PM
On more reason why Avery should not be in the lineup over Rupp.

nyr1980
12-09-2011, 09:49 PM
I thought this thread was about Sauer's concussion.

Anything else released on his return.

jetsfan89
12-15-2011, 12:02 AM
The Rangers have placed defenseman Michael Sauer (concussion) on injured reserve, according to the roster on the team's official website.

The 24-year-old sustained the head injury in the Rangers' 4-2 loss last Monday, when Sauer was rocked by a devastating hit from Leafs defenseman Dion Phaneuf.

Sauer has not skated since suffering the concussion and did not make the trip with the team on its two-game Western Conference swing with stops in St. Louis and Phoenix.

Sauer joins fellow blue-liner Marc Staal on injured reserve; Staal has yet to play a game this season because of post-concussion symptoms stemming from a hit delivered by older brother Eric in a game last February.

http://twitter.com/#!/KatieStrangESPN/status/147037929393496064