PDA

View Full Version : When will the trade machine become more realistic?

mrblisterdundee
12-07-2011, 10:49 AM
We have technology to predict the resultant damage of a tsunami, but apparently ESPN can't make a decent trade machine. It needs to include draft picks held and cash on hand that teams are willing to give in a deal.

Hawkeye15
12-07-2011, 11:06 AM
never. It just got worse with the widened gap in salary match. I can now trade Beasley/Ellington for LeBron.

Twinsfan24
12-07-2011, 11:13 AM
never. It just got worse with the widened gap in salary match. I can now trade Beasley/Ellington for LeBron.

Sounds like a decent trade to me.:shrug:

Hahahaha:D

PhillyFaninLA
12-07-2011, 11:18 AM
We have technology to predict the resultant damage of a tsunami, but apparently ESPN can't make a decent trade machine. It needs to include draft picks held and cash on hand that teams are willing to give in a deal.

I understand your point but how do you possibly measure willing to give, I get have to give but I don't know how you measure willingness especially because willingness can change.

Mr_Amaziing
12-07-2011, 11:20 AM

I say take it :)

Pg- Rubio
Sg- Johnson
Sf- James
Pf- Williams
C- Love

:drool:

But doubt this EVER happen tho

dhopisthename
12-07-2011, 11:22 AM
the trade machine(when working sometimes it doesn't) works like it is supposed to. it's only purpose is for fun when people come up with trade ideas to see if they are even valid.

Hawkeye15
12-07-2011, 11:33 AM
the only way to make it realistic is to add player ratings like a video game does, and have the range be both salary and rating.

HeatKing6
12-07-2011, 11:52 AM
the only way to make it realistic is to add player ratings like a video game does, and have the range be both salary and rating.

maybe use per, but anyways the player trader was never a tool to measure whether a trade was realistic or not. at least for me i only used it to check if a trade worked financially.

Hawkeye15
12-07-2011, 12:04 PM
maybe use per, but anyways the player trader was never a tool to measure whether a trade was realistic or not. at least for me i only used it to check if a trade worked financially.

me too.

MrfadeawayJB
12-07-2011, 12:11 PM

the best way is probably too try the trades on NBA 2K12. That seems to be the most accurate lol

Hawkeye15
12-07-2011, 12:17 PM
the best way is probably too try the trades on NBA 2K12. That seems to be the most accurate lol

that is what I mean. If espn trade machine simply entered their 2k rating, and set the rule that the ratings had to be within a certain range, it would make it closer. That being said, they will still have to enter it so you can't trade 2 scrubs with a rating of 46 each for a player with a 95 rating, just because the ratings total up and match within range.

ttam68
12-07-2011, 02:05 PM
that is what I mean. If espn trade machine simply entered their 2k rating, and set the rule that the ratings had to be within a certain range, it would make it closer. That being said, they will still have to enter it so you can't trade 2 scrubs with a rating of 46 each for a player with a 95 rating, just because the ratings total up and match within range.

Is this a joke?

Its there to demonstrate salary rules based on the CBA, not play virtual GM.