PDA

View Full Version : Nene Thinking About Returning to the Nuggets

BallIsAll
12-07-2011, 02:05 AM
v=http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/sam_amick/12/06/nene.tyson.chandler/index.html

@sam_amick

On big man free agency front, Nene thinks about staying in Mile High City & Dalembert gets serious look from Houston - http://bit.ly/vX1syo

Wade>You
12-07-2011, 02:11 AM
With the new cap floor, teams are gonna have to use their cap space just to stay above it.

Denver can offer him a decent contract.

Come to think of it, a lot of players will be overpaid under this new CBA.

BallIsAll
12-07-2011, 02:13 AM
With the new cap floor, teams are gonna have to spend that money just to stay above it.

Denver can offer him a decent contract.

Come to think of it, a lot of players will be overpaid under this new CBA.

yeah but the nuggets are the only team that can offer him a 5 year deal and with the rise of i believe 7.5 instead of 4.5 plus dont quote me on this but i believe the nuggets have the most cap space this off season or close to it

D1JM
12-07-2011, 02:15 AM
of course he is. he isn't looking for a contender.

BallIsAll
12-07-2011, 02:18 AM
of course he is. he isn't looking for a contender.

nope hes looking for what most of these greedy players are looking for, money. Also the nuggets were a contender last year their PR was about 3rd and 2nd after Melo got traded. Well until they got hit with the injury bug, im not really worried most people on here said they would fall out of the playoffs after the trade yet they battled for 5th with many teams.

D1JM
12-07-2011, 02:22 AM
nope hes looking for what most of these greedy players are looking for, money. Also the nuggets were a contender last year their PR was about 3rd and 2nd after Melo got traded. Well until they got hit with the injury bug, im not really worried most people on here said they would fall out of the playoffs after the trade yet they battled for 5th with many teams.

you know what, I added the nuggets to my NBA league pass. i just love watching them play and even more after they traded melo.

Chronz
12-07-2011, 02:24 AM
If not the Pacers I would love to see Nene re-up. Without him Denver is in shambles, with him they can actually build something.

iggypop123
12-07-2011, 02:24 AM
so all that talk of offering huge sums of money to thadeus young must have been a smokescreen.

BallIsAll
12-07-2011, 02:26 AM
you know what, I added the nuggets to my NBA league pass. i just love watching them play and even more after they traded melo.

yeah i can honestly say im one of the fans who still likes melo a lot i just like the nuggets without him a lot more. the way they played was entertaining, and now with lawson gallo and afflalo free to go without felton, chandler and jr (gonna miss jr) its gonna be even funner. If we get nene back and sign thad young we're still playoff contenders with our rookies and the improvement of mozzy and lawson. Hopefully Gallo or Afflalo would turn into consistent scorers that would put the icing on the cake! sorry for going on im just excited to get the season started

BallIsAll
12-07-2011, 02:27 AM
so all that talk of offering huge sums of money to thadeus young must have been a smokescreen.

they have enough money to offer both of them hefty contracts and can add even more players by using the amnesty clause on harrington ;)

D1JM
12-07-2011, 02:30 AM
yeah i can honestly say im one of the fans who still likes melo a lot i just like the nuggets without him a lot more. the way they played was entertaining, and now with lawson gallo and afflalo free to go without felton, chandler and jr (gonna miss jr) its gonna be even funner. If we get nene back and sign thad young we're still playoff contenders with our rookies and the improvement of mozzy and lawson. Hopefully Gallo or Afflalo would turn into consistent scorers that would put the icing on the cake! sorry for going on im just excited to get the season started

i wouldnt mind the bulls waiting until next year or when jr smith returns to offer the full mle ;)

BallIsAll
12-07-2011, 02:32 AM
i wouldnt mind the bulls waiting until next year or when jr smith returns to offer the full mle ;)

idk if he'll bite on the full mle but a sign and trade could net him.. i always wanted him to get away from GK he could blossom into a star if given the chance... my favorite ex-nugget other than iverson

iggypop123
12-07-2011, 02:36 AM
they must love his smile. http://i652.photobucket.com/albums/uu241/ttylluke/loltrolled.gif

OA SLAY
12-07-2011, 02:44 AM
^^^funny stuff... I always thought he be better off at the 4 tho.

Mudvayne91
12-07-2011, 02:58 AM
^^^funny stuff... I always thought he be better off at the 4 tho.

Absolutely. Although I think for what he's going to get $ wise, I would rather him just walk. But if he does end up back here, I would prefer to see him go back to PF and have Mozgov as the starter. Maybe add another C to go along with Birdman.